Private Tales Wolves At the Door

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Jorg shot her a smirk as she swept out back into the living room. He could almost feel her presence before she even stepped into the room. Half of him thought it was her scent, but there was something else to it. Something he couldn't quite place.

Lips thinned for a brief second, but it was quickly replaced with a smile as she threw out her joke. "Maybe you'll see some of the other unprincely things I get up To."

He teased as he hammered the final nail into place.

The inn didn't look any better, hell with all the patches it probably looked worse, but he'd stopped any wind from coming through. At the very least the place wouldn't be falling down while they stayed here, and that mattered more than anything else.

"I've stayed in worse places." Jorg commented as he let himself plop down besides her.

He probably should have bathed as well, but a wave of tiredness had struck him and he found himself strangely compelled to sit besides her.

Her lips twisted as she fought a grin at his words. She wasn't sure whether he was flirting with her or not, but it amused her none-the-less.. "There are more un-princely things? Don't tell me you're going to start baking next?.." she smirked and offered him the bottle as he sat beside her. His presence eased her and she smiled, but as she looked over the wound on his face again she bit on her lip.

"At least let me clean it properly.." she huffed and got up to find a basin of water and a clean cloth. As she returned she knelt a little closer and wrung out the cloth and lifted it to his face to gently dab at the torn flesh.

"Could've had your damned eye out." she muttered.

• Wonder
Reactions: Jorg
"Baking? No with those things I sort of prefer leaving the bun out of the oven." Jorg said the words so quickly and smoothly that one might have thought he'd had it in his head for years.

Nothing else was said as he took the bottle of wine from her and tipped it up to his lips. He took less of a sip, and more of a large gulp. The win splashed down his throat and he let out a satisfied sigh as the bottle came down to rest against his knee.

Gaze flickered as she got up and grasped a clean rag, frowning a moment as she returned to dab it on his face.

"Ive had worse." Jorg said softly, remembering the myriad of scars that criss-crossed his entire body. "Damned thing likes to go after bigger game than it can handle."

He was referring to the Wolf of course.

Most of his transformations happened in the Wilds. When they did the wolf had a tendency to hunt, and all it wanted to hunt was the biggest monsters that it could fine. Something that had nearly gotten them killed half a dozen times over. "Did this time too."

He complemented with a smirk.

• Haha
Reactions: Silver Romani
She near choked at his joked and shook her head with a roll of her eyes.

She flashed him a smile and a quiet laugh "Please, she was clearly outmatched. I did throw you pretty good though.." her brow lifted and a smug smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"But, I know that feeling.. She went after a fucking dreadlord.. Killed nine of his men." she frowned deeply and dipped the cloth back into the water and squeezed at it before taking it back to his face again.. "Otherwise it's only ever been deer and cattle.." her shoulder lifted in a light shrug.

• Sip
A Dreadlord? Dear Mallia what a woman...wolf...

Jorg shook his head. "Luckily to be alive with a Dreadlords"

He had never encountered one himself, but he'd heard the stories even all the way in Mallian. The bastard mages of Vel Anir, men made to be weapons not people. The thought made him feel sick to his stomach, and he quickly decided to change the subject to something a little more pleasant.

"Maybe I'll let you throw me again some time." He told her with a smirk though a wince pulled through him as she dabbed his face a little bit too hard.

He wondered what other scars he would end up having by the end of this.

For some reason, he was looking forward to finding out.

• Thoughtful
Silver frowned and nodded sagely.. "I suppose I am..I've never seen anything like it before. He knocked me out, but he seemed more intent on getting me a fair trial than killing me. I'd always been terrified of them, I guess I still am, I'd be stupid not to be.. But he wasn't what I expected, he seemed pretty sad.. But I saved his life I guess, and he let me go." she concluded with a shrug.

"Let me?.." Silver laughed, her cheeks a little warm as she stared at him and she ignored the stirring in her mind. "Will you now?"

• Wonder
For some reason the idea of a Dreadlord actually having emotions made him feel somewhat uncomfortable. Perhaps it was a good thing that they actually had feelings, but...well he supposed it didn't really matter all that much. He doubted he'd ever actually run into one.

It was another of those topics that he would rather avoid.

Mages made him uncomfortable. Every time he'd met one in the last five years they had either wanted to experiment on him or poked into his mind to see how he "felt". He couldn't imagine Dreadlords would be much different. Though maybe they'd just slaughter him instead.

"Let you." Jorg confirmed with a smirk.

"Unless." He shifted and took another sip of wine. "You prefer it the other way around."

• Devil
She mirrored his smirk and rolled her eyes, sure now that he was flirting with her. "I'm not that sort of girl, Jorg." she scolded gently, but was clearly amused by his efforts.

With his face cleaned of all of the dried blood she could see the four claw marks more clearly and she dropped the cloth in the basin and reached her hand to hesitantly touch at the raw flesh. "Do you heal quickly?" she asked quietly. Her wounds seemed to start healing within hours and took days where they should take weeks. At least their affliction had one or two benefits..

• Wonder
Jorg nodded his head. "I would never dream that you are."

He said, acting as though the very suggestion that he would think such a thing was an insult. The smile never left his face though, and the look he gave her was anything but bashful.

"Aye." He confirmed. "Usually even faster after I've just transformed."

He'd often wondered if the Wolf did it consciously as an "apology" for getting wounded, but he doubted that it had that much control. More like it was just the way his body recovered from the Injuries he'd sustained. "Most of the time if it's shallow the cut only lasts a day, doesn't even scar."

Though with this he doubted it would be the case. Silver had gotten him good, not that he was going to say as much.

She'd already felt guilty enough about it.

"Have you met any others? Aside from the one that bit you I mean." Jorg asked curiously. They had this strange...relationship now, but his own encounters with other wolves had ended much more violently.

She fought a grin at the look he'd given her and she settled herself back into the pillows and lifted her bottle for another drink. She held out her hand to show him her palm, a thick silvery scar that seemed to wind in the shape of a serpent glistening on her skin. "That didn't heal for a while.. I stole a blade. The silver on it didn't quite agree with me.. Shame, it was pretty." she huffed.

"One.." she nodded. "He's, different." she frowned. "Bossy sort. He seems to have a level of control over his wolf though.. I thought he could help me learn but, he wants me to be different. I can't let go of who I am just because I no longer have a family.. I guess he wants to use me to help him get back what his family has lost but I'm not sure how he intends on doing that.." she paused and frowned at him. "I want control.."

• Sip
"Silver can be a bitch." He remembered the wound on his back from when a hunter had come after him. "Wolfsbane too. Need to look out for that in towns, especially where hunters might be."

What she said next though was like a slap to the face.

Jorg tried not to look at her awkwardly, more than a little aware that he may have inadvertently taken away some of the control she was seeking.

That pang of guilt struck through his chest slightly, and he couldn't help but show it on his face for a few seconds. "Sorry."

He said in a quiet whisper, then cleared his throat.

"Sound like some people I know back home." He commented dryly. "At least he didn't try to kill you?"

Though he had no idea how much of a consolation that actually was. "I don't know if this...we can be controlled, but...I'll do my best to help you."

He said it again. He didn't know why, but he felt the need to reassure her, tell her. Not just because of the guilt in his chest, but because...well he didn't know. He just wanted to help her.

Help lift some of the weight she was carrying.

"I guess I can.." she mused, oh she was hilarious.

"I've managed to avoid wolfsbane, but the smell of the stuff gives me a headache.." she grumbled and took another long drink.. She hadn't managed to avoid hunters, however, but she pushed the thought from her mind and looked up at him as he apologised.

"For what?.." she frowned, and quickly remembered. "Oh.. Stop apologising. It could be worse.." she shrugged and went back to her wine. If anything she felt better than she had the previous night, she didn't feel as hopeless, and she wasn't sure why. The wolf seemed settled and it seeped into her own psyche somehow.

"Hm.." she chuckled with a smile.. "No he didn't try to kill me...But, I don't know either. I guess all we can do is try to coexist with some level of understanding. If I can gain some level of control over who it hunts fine, I just don't want the image of every person it kills on my mind..I have enough trouble sleeping as it is." she frowned solemnly.

There was that feeling of guilt again, but it wasn't just hers, she could feel his too, somehow. Whether it was a scent or something else she didn't know, but she sat up a little and reached for his chin to grip it firmly and turn his eyes to her with impatience. "Stop guilting yourself."

• Cry
Jorg stared at her, frowning for a moment.

This new found connection it seemed went both ways. His frown deepened as she spoke, though for some reason he could not help but reached up and grab her wrist.

His grasp was not tight, certainly not painful, but it was there. An unconscious gesture that for some reason he could not prevent.

"I'm trying." Jorg did not do well with emotions.

He'd spent the better part of a decade running away from anything that might give him a hint of feeling. It had suited him well enough, but now that he was being confronted with it? Well it was daunting, pressing into him.

There was something else too, something he couldn't identify yet. His fingers gripped her wrist as he took a deep breath, clearing his mind.

In the back of his mind he could feel the wolf stirring again, the days drawing closer.

As he grabbed her wrist she felt something in her draw back and her eyes caught a flicker of light and burned brighter for a brief moment as she stared at him, then to the hand on her wrist. Had she overstepped? Her fingers curled into her palm and her tingled and then ached, her brow furrowing as she arched her back uncomfortably.

Silver dropped her gaze and gently tried to pull her wrist back to her.. "Sorry.." she breathed, unable to meet his gaze as she spoke, and she realised how her pulse had quickened considerably..

There was a brief moment, a temptation. It was a spike of something he couldn't really say, but he knew exactly where it came from.

"I..." Jorg opened his mouth to speak, but he found the words suddenly cut off as she tried to pull herself back.

The moment she did something came over him, a rush. A loss of control as he scent caught within his nose.

His touch came, and he suddenly threw her back against the pile of pillows that she had collected before the fireplace. In a breath he was atop her, his eyes locked on hers.

• Love
Every muscle in Silver's body tensed, like she could feel a tension building before it happened. She let out a gasp as she was thrown back, grateful for the pillows that caught her and she attempted to push herself up but he moved too quickly for her to do anything but stare. Her eyes were wide with another dangerous flash of amber and her muscles shuddered as the wolf clawed at her to get out.

"Jorg.." she breathed quietly to remind him of who he was, her chest lifting and falling in rapid succession, unsure if he intended on attacking her again. What had happened to his so-called control? She had, and she'd felt the same thing when he'd made her bite. It was a dangerous thing to toy with, and yet she hesitantly reached to curl her fingers into the fabric of his shirt as she breathed him in.

• Devil
Jorg could feel the wolf cracking his control, reaching through, clawing and doing it's best to break whatever consciousness was there. It was like something was stabbing at his mind, clasping it with a thousand needles and pressing into him.

The world seemed to flicker, shift, and then break into a hundred pieces as he fought desperately to keep the Wolf out.

Fingers tightened around Silver's wrists, pinning her arm down. A hand came up, resting upon her collar and just short of her throat. His fingers there seemed to curl, barely pulling back, barely resisting as his iris' seemed to bleed into yellow

Her fingers curled in into Jorg's shirt, and the man clamped his mouth shut as though he were right every muscle in his own body.

She tensed further under the touch of his hand against her collar and she pressed herself down into the pillows and pushed against his chest, panicking that he'd find that grip again, and she wasn't so sure he'd let go a second time. Did his wolf still want to kill her?

"Jorg.."

Her jaw ached in response as his grip tightened, but the wolf didn't want to fight him, the wolf knew she'd lose and she'd already been bested. There was a subconscious whine in her mind as she watched his eyes change and she growled low. Her legs suddenly lifted to wrap around him and she used her strength in attempt to flip and pin him to the floor.

• Sip
The moment Jorg flipped whatever tension there had been in his mind suddenly snapped.

Yellow fled from his eyes in an instant, the tension in his muscle was gone, and everything tore itself back into place as the wolf returned to the cage in his mind. He stared up at her startled, his hands splayed to either side of him.

"Fuck me." Jorg cursed as his head slammed back against the wood a second time.

His eyes looked up at her, his eyes.

"It's the smell of you." He scowled. "That scent."

Jorg didn't bother fighting her, didn't even try to get up. "It's like it sticks in my goddamn mind and then..."

He trailed off in exasperation.

His arms felt like limp noodles. "And then I just want to fuck your tits off."

Jorg finished, about as ungratiously and uncouth as possible.

• Haha
Fingers tightened around his biceps as she forced him down against the floor and she wore a look of sheer determination. Her wolf had submitted, but she hadn't, she still had some level of control over what she would allow, and her logical mind was not ready to accept him trying to kill her again..

She breathed heavily as she glared down at him, but her tension eased as she found his gaze had returned to normal and she loosened her grip only slightly. She listened to him explain with a furrowed brow, she didn't understand why he still wanted to kill her when she... Oh.

She blinked, and her skin felt scalding hot under her shirt collar.. She let go of him and sat herself up, realising she was straddling him and she quickly rolled off of him and onto the floor next to him.. "I.." Words failed her, and she fought a small grin at the brashness of his words as she looked down.

"I'll.. Try to find something to mask it.." she cleared her throat and pulled her collar tightly around her neck to hide her flushed skin and the scent she was now sure was radiating from her.

• Popcorn
Jorg took a deep breath, something that struck him as an instant mistake.

Even as she pulled up her collar, even as she tried to hide it...the scent was still there. His nose crinkled slightly, face suddenly contorting as he let out a quiet...nearly pained groan. "This is miserable."

He said as his head turned towards her.

"I can't even control." Jorg's eyes seemed to fold over her, teeth sinking into his lower lip before he pulled his gaze away. "God it's like I'm some sort of animal."

Of course the irony being...

Whatever in gods name was going on Silver couldn't calm her breathing, she chewed on her lip as he seemed to be having trouble being so close to her and she pulled herself to her feet and grabbed her bottle of wine from it's nestle of cushions.

She moved to the other side of the room and rested her elbows on the bar next to her bottle, and ran her fingers into her hair to grip at it whilst she tried to calm. "How are we supposed to deal with this? I don't think she'd let me leave even if I wanted to and we can't be within five feet of one another without wanting to fight or fuck." she growled.

Jorg didn't have an answer for that one.

His head turned half way towards her, lips thinning as he watched her. No matter how far she was, her scent still stuck in his nose. He suspected it would be that way until she was on the other side of the Spine from him.

His fingers righted, a breath filled him. The only idea he had was a bad one. He already knew that, but he decided to say it anyway."Maybe if we just get debilitatingly drunk they won't be able to do anything."

Once he had managed to drink himself into a stupor before a shift, though he'd been so drunk the morning after the full moon that he couldn't even remember if it had worked or not.

Silver grumbled quietly and her head remained in her hand as the other lifted her wine bottle into the air.. "Already on it." she muttered and set the bottle down.

She was fighting with so many urges at once and her mind was awash with confusion as both minds battled, logic against instinct. She felt drunk already but she was certain she hadn't drank enough to blame the wine.

She was so close to breaking down as she stood there against the bar, pulling in deep breath after deep breath.. "I can't do this." she whined.

• Cry
Jorg had managed to wrangle one of the bottles of spirit that he had found the day before, holding it to his lips as he practically chugged two of three gulps when she spoke. A pang of guilt struck his chest again, his lips thinning.

"Sure you can." He said softly before correcting himself. "We can."

Another sip. "It's...it's just an adjustment period."

It couldn't last forever could it? The Wolf would eventually settle down and then everything would be fine. He considered for a moment, glancing at Silver and immediately realizing that he was utterly lying to himself with such a thought.

Even know he could barely keep his hands off her.

Had she not said what she had earlier he might have rushed forward and just grabbed her, but the words stuck in his mind. Not that kind of girl.

And you're not the type to push it. Jorg thought to himself, tightening his grip on the table.