Private Tales Wolves At the Door

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Silver wore a brief look of horror.. "What?.." she frowned, unsure if he was joking or not. She really didn't want to bite him again, but she couldn't deny that it had coaxed the wolf to the forefront of her mind.

She groaned quietly and rubbed at the back of her neck as he joked with her, but perhaps he had a point. She left to check on Raksha and retrieve her bow from her saddle, and within twenty minutes she'd returned to the front of the inn, and dragged the young doe onto the grass. After skinning the creature she cut a few chunks of meat from the rump and brought them inside to plop them into his hands.

"I caught, you cook." she rumbled, and wandered off to wash up.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Jorg
Jorg looked at the bloody pieces of meet, frowning slightly. "There's a table right over there..."

The mercenary said with a slight frown. There really hadn't been a need to get his hands all dirty like this, he'd expected a hug or maybe a handshake, but just dropping bloody pieces of meat into his grasp? That seemed positively savage.

He wondered briefly if the wolf had gotten to her head.

Eventually though he shook his head, wandering to the cookfire and begging to set up several pans and pots. "I found some root vegetables buried in the cellar too."

So at least they wouldn't be eating just meat. The Wolves could do it, Jorg couldn't.

"While I do this." He prompted. "Tell me about the Wolf. The one in your head."

• Devil
Reactions: Silver Romani
She leaned in the doorway, drying off her hands with a towel as she watched him assemble the pots, her brow knit as she considered his question.. "What do you want to know about it?.." she rumbled quietly, the back of her neck tingling slightly as he brought the wolf to mind.

"it's just like having another voice there... but, without the words. It's more like it creeps in now and then, when I smell certain things or feel I'm in some sort of danger. I just sort of push it back down." she frowned.. "I've never shifted other than with the moon.. But it's still there, all of the time." she shrugged before throwing the towel over her shoulder and folding her arms.

• Popcorn
"What does it feel? What does it react to? How?" Jorg listed off a long row of questions.

He didn't expect her to be able to answer them all, it had taken him literally years to understand what the Wolf in his head wanted. That was how they had reached the deal. The Wolf inside him cared about three things, and each of them was equally important to it.

Though he was starting to suspect there might be a fourth.

"You're werewolf, Sil." He said simply. "You can either run from it, try to deny it..."

Shrug rolled over his shoulders as he placed one of the pans over the fire. "Or you can accept it."

That wouldn't be easy.

"You can't get rid of it...her." Whatever she wanted to refer to it as. "So you may as well try to understand."

• Bless
She felt her muscles grow tense as she took in his questions and tried to find answers to them, but she felt frustrated and rubbed at her brow as she felt a flicker of temper flare in the back of her mind..

"I don't know it.. Each thing is different. When I smell blood on the air it's like it wants to hunt. When I feel vulnerable it wants to protect itself. When I smell another wolf." her cheeks burned. "I guess it wants to fight for rank.." she frowned as she tried to explain. "I feel it trying to take over the conscious part of my mind, and my body aches like it does before a shift. I suppose if I didn't push it down it might try to shift and carry out whatever is on it's mind.." she sighed.

"I've been trying to accept it. I do accept it I just.. don't want it to be who I am." she frowned.

Not all that different from the wolf that sat at his heart.

He suspected that was why even now it was scraping at the surface of his mind, desperately attempting to come out and do what it wanted. His fingers scrunched for a moment, putting some of the venison in the already heated pan.

"You don't have to." He told her softly. "At least, I didn't have to."

Jorg frowned for a brief moment, wondering how much to tell her about himself. "I..."

He chewed his lip.

"I'm the Son of the Duke of Mallian. A Prince, I guess, or close to it." He did not look at her as he spoke. "When I got bitten. I spent a year trying to kill myself. End my life and just be done with this curse."

The meat sizzled in front of him, the aroma hitting his nose. "Until I made a deal. The wolf would get to be itself, and I would get to be me."

"In the end...I think we ended up becoming a little bit of each other."
Jorg realized he was nearly incoherent as he spoke, but...well he wasn't meant to be a teacher. He was just telling his own story.

• Wow
Her brows rose at the revelations he made and she hugged her arms "Oh.." she blinked and chewed on her lip, allowing him to finish before she cleared her throat quietly.. "Do.. Do I, curtsy, or something?.." she asked quite seriously. She hadn't ever met a royal, she'd met a noble man and his father but they'd seemed far more preened than Jorg was. And Jorg hadn't made her feel lesser as they had...

Gods. She'd slept next to a naked prince, and.. "I can't believe you made me bite you...Isn't that like, some sort of high treason?.." her head shook, her tone lacking amusement.

• Popcorn
Jorg broke out into laughter. "Dear fuck no."

That was in answer to her first question. If she started curtsying in front of him he might actually lose it and just walk straight out the door. He was entirely sure he couldn't handle it. That had been half the reason he'd left the damned place.

His head shook as he looked at her.

"No...well maybe." He wasn't entirely sure on the laws. "But that wasn't the point of the story."

Jorg shook his head. "I was trying to tell you that you're probably never going to be...you...but you also don't have to be it."

• Wonder
Silver couldn't remember a time when her cheeks had flushed and burned so much in her life. Now he was laughing at her and she bit down on her lip.. "Oh.." she nodded.. "Alright.." she cleared her throat and fidgeted awkwardly for a moment, trying to fix her hair and clothes a little.

As he explained the point of his story Silver frowned.. "I see... Sort of." her head shook. "I just, don't know how to do that..." she huffed and wandered over to sit herself at the table and watch him...

• Devil
He flipped the meat in the pan with a smile. "Right. That's what I'm here for."

Jorg said as he stood up and half turned to her, turning a few of the potatoes he had put into one of the pots earlier before glancing back towards Silver.

"I'm sure it wont be the same as with me." He told her. "But, I'm going to help you figure it out. Which is why you're going to bite me again."

Jorg said, smirking so wide that it was obviously a joke.

He of course didn't think that would work, at least for now, but they would need to stoke the Wolf inside of her a little bit more.

• Cthulhoo rage
Silver frowned and folded her arms as she sat back in her chair to glare at him in disbelief, her head shaking slowly "You know.. I'm starting to think you enjoyed it...." her gaze narrowed.

"How do you plan on helping me figure it out exactly?..." she asked, breathing in the smell of cooking meat and rubbing at her stomach as it growled. She hadn't eaten in a couple of days, and the smell had only made her realise how hungry she was.

• Devil
"Well obviously." Jorg said as he flashed her a smile.

He flipped the meat one more time, and then quickly pulled the pan from the flames. The handle was hot, though it did not really seem to bother him all that much. A towel was thrown onto the table and he placed the pan there quickly.

"We're going to coax it to come forward." He told her as though it were the simplest thing in the world. "Each time it comes out you can learn a little more, and eventually..."

He plated up some of the food for her, venison, potatoes, beets. "You form a connection."

• Bless
Silver's lips twisted as she fought a smile at his taunting and she rolled her eyes...

"Coax it...Right.." she nodded, but the only way she could think of was by biting him again and she'd really hoped he was joking. Her gaze narrowed as she considered what he said about a connection, and she took the plate of food and instantly started eating. Her hunger and lack of social etiquette was obvious, and she froze and dropped a potato back to her plate to look at him..

"Sorry.. you don't, say fancy words or anything, do you?.." she frowned and swallowed the food in her mouth.

• Haha
He blinked for a second, not really understanding what she was asking. It took him a moment to realize that she was referring to a meal prayer, or at least something of the sort. His lips quirked in a smile. "No."

Jorg said with a shake of his head, picking up some of his own food and beginning to chew.

"Not in a long time." Not since he'd left Mallian.

His mother had always insisted on it, though his father had been more than lax about this sort of thing. Jorg himself...Jorg had forgotten all about Gods the moment he'd felt a werewolves teeth sink into his flesh.

• Bless
She picked up another piece of meat and tore into it "Good.." she muffled.

She didn't speak again until her plate was cleared and she settled back in her chair with a quiet groan. "I'm impressed.. Wouldn't think a prince would know how to cook." she smirked at him and stretched..

"So shall we get started?..I'm sure you have places to be." she smiled at him and set her arms on the table to lean in and watch him expectantly.

• Sip
Jorg ate decidedly slower than Silver did, in fact he was half encapsulated by the fact that she had scarfed down most of her food by the time he'd even taken his third bite. Watching her with a sort of startled expression, the older wolf took the last bite of his venison.

Her arms came down on the table, and he looked at her strangely for a few seconds as he thought about what their next step would be. "I suppose so."

Jorg said as he pushed away his plate.

Biting had worked well the first time, but it had also pushed her too far too quickly. He wanted to avoid that this time, he wanted to draw out the transformation long enough for her to exert some control.

"Alright." Jorg grabbed the knife he'd been using, holding it into the fire for a second before he continued. "Close your eyes. Concentrate. When the Wolf comes, don't resist it. Don't fight it. Just...try to watch, reach out...connect if you can."

He waited for her to close her eyes, stalling for half a second before he took the knife and pressed it into his arm. Blood drew forth almost instantly as he carved a deep cut into the same flesh she had bitten. With no hesitation, he slowly held it beneath her nose.

She cleared her throat as she realised how quickly she'd eaten her fill and she eyed the plate that he shoved away. For someone as slight as she was, she had a ridiculous appetite.

Silver watched him with a light frown as he picked up the knife and held it over the fire, nerves tingling on her spine. She glanced up at him with a look of uncertainty at being asked to close her eyes whilst he held a scalding hot knife.. She huffed, and nodded, and her eyes closed nervously..

She frowned deeply at the scent of blood and she closed her eyes tightly as she tried to fight off the instinct to hunt. The scent got closer and Silver's knuckles paled as her fists clenched on the table. Her eyes snapped open, brighter than usual, pupils dilated as she stared at the wound on his arm, and she breathed it in. Her jaws ached as her canines grew ever-so-slightly in length and Silver lifted her gaze to meet his.

She was fighting the wolf's urge to pin him again. He was wounded and so, weak, it was an opportune moment to assert itself, but she tuned in to the wolf's way of thinking and understood what it wanted. That was what Jorg wanted, right?.. Her body physically shook from the suppression and her nails scraped at the table..

• Devil
Jorg watched her carefully, eying her reaction.

He could see her entire body tense, muscle shifting beneath her skin. There was a change to her pupils, and he could tell that she was resisting the wolf. There was pressure in her, as though she were a spring coiled and ready to explode outward.

Nails slowly dragged across the table, etching paths within the hard wood. His eyes closed for a second, the knife dropping onto the table as blood continued to drip from the wound.

Jorg's gaze flickered from her eyes to the wound.

Her scent was stronger now than it had been before, permeating the air like never before. It was intoxicating, breathtaking.

The wolf inside of her called out, screamed. His jaw clenched down, and his own eyes seemed to shift, Pupils formed to slits, and yellow crept into his iris'.

Then suddenly the wounded arm snapped up up from the table. Like a viper it reached up and snatched at her throat, curling around her neck and dragging her into his grasp.

Silver watched intensely as his eyes seemed to shift, and for a moment the wolves seemed to stare back at one another and she felt her muscles tense to the point of pain. She pulled in a gasp at his sudden movement, but the breath was caught in her throat as his hand gripped it. Her hands slammed to his wrists to dig her nails in, panic in her eyes as she and the wolf fought for control.

A low, guttural growl sounded in her chest, and the fear in her mind was winning. She reached to pick up the knife he'd dropped on the table and she swung to stab it into the inside of his elbow in the hopes of releasing his grip.

• Scared
The blade swept through his flesh, cutting into the muscle and impaling through his bicep.

Blood spurted from the wound, spraying onto the table below and even the floor as the knife stabbed entirely through. As the steel planted itself through his skin Jorg let out a roar. From his lungs echoed a growl so deep it seemed to resound within the room.

Fingers never unclenched, never let her go. Instead as the blade sank into his muscle Jorg seemed to surge forward in anger.

He jumped from his chair, pushing Silver by the throat and dragging her from where she sat and onto the floor. With little regard for safety, with all thought lost, the Wolf took over and threw the other Werewolf onto the floor.

His hand still wrapped around her throat, his face inches from hers as a growl echoed from his throat.

• Scared
That roar, the scent of blood, the pain, the threat.. Thew wolf dominated her mind to fight for it's life, but as she was slammed to the floor even it had begun to panic. Furious, amber eyes stared up at him. He was winning the fight for dominance by pinning her, and she threw a claws fist at his face before lifting her legs up to plant her feet against his stomach and push with all of her strength hoping he'd lose his grip on her and perhaps go flying through the wall.

• Scared
Legs kicked up, feet connected with his chest, and Jorg was sent flying across the room of the inn.

Wood splintered, tables smashed, and the far wall bent and crooked in on itself as the half transformed Werewolf crashed into it with a loud crash. For a brief second Jorg seemed stunned, his head lulling from side to side.

Crack, crack, crack.

The sound of breaking bones snapping and reforming echoed through the room. Canines jutted from between his lips, eyes turned to beady yellow and hands began to grow to claws. A low rumbling growl echoed from Jorg's throat.

Legs bent, and then he launched himself towards Silver.

Blood splattered onto the floor as he rushed forward, the knife still stuck in his arm as he reached out for her in an attempt to grab and throw her into the far wall.

• Scared
Silver breathed deeply with the relief of his grip around her throat and set her glare on the man in the splintery heap. Her muscles moved under her skin, and his shift brought about her own. With the first crack of her spine she screamed, a sound only half human. Her ankles broke and she fell and writhed, her back arching from the ground as the agony seared through her. More cracks, more screaming.

Amber eyes snapped open on Jorg as he rushed at her, and she had no time to react, she had no time for anything but the pain which he only added to as he threw her so hard into the wall that it caved in and the whole building shuddered and creaked in protest.

She writhed in her heap of debris, and her screams and cries gave way to roaring and yelping as her body contorted faster than it ever had, but with all of the pain at once. She, Silver, wanted to pass out as her bones broke and her muscles erupted under her skin. She tore at the restriction of her clothes with her claws and shook her head wildly as her maw formed, already snapping and snarling as she tried to pull herself to her feet and failed.

With her clothes torn free, her body was quickly drenched in a thick, auburn coat, and for a moment all the wolf could do was lay in the rubble, panting and whining.

• Scared
Jorg, no, the monster was atop her in an instant.

Flesh had been torn from fur, bones had cracked and broken. The Wolf had come, evoked by her scent and foolishness. The mercenary had meant well, had meant to help, but all he had done was doom them both.

They had played with things that neither of them had understood. Jorg had never experienced another wolf, had never dealt with being so close with one. It had simply been too much. The Wolf had broken their deal, it's lust for dominance and need to stake it's claim far too great.

In an instant the Wolf was atop Silver, or what had been Silver just a few seconds ago.

It's fur was jet black, eyes a beady yellow. Rippling muscle and sinew grew taught as it jumped on it's counterpart, jaw opening and biting for her neck as it's claws sought to pin her into the rubble.

• Scared
Claws raked furiously at the wolf’s chest, hackles raised and fur thick around her neck in defence as her jaw snapped again and again toward her attacker’s face. Trying desperately to push him away from her throat.

Silver had never fought another wolf, she’d never seen another in its true form since the night she’d been mauled, and the view of him now atop her brought those memories back and flooded her logical mind with fear.

Please no.. How did she shut off from this? How did he do it? She didn’t want to see it.

She tried once more to use the strength of her legs to throw him from her.

• Scared