Private Tales To Have and to Hold..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Lynus laughed under his breath and dropped his gaze as he listened to her laugh at him. He felt his soul breathe a little then, his tension easing, whether by wine or by feeling comfort in her company. His lips twisted in amusement as she mentioned teaching him how to swim and he did nothing to suppress his shudder at the thought.

Her serious answer was surprising to him, his brows lifted and he looked at her for a moment of speechlessness. She was quite beautiful and more than a little charming, it didn't make sense that there hadn't been someone willing to give her everything.

"I'd have thought suitors would have been throwing themselves at the door of the Pirian household for a chance to court you. Then I suppose, you know your own mind enough to choose for yourself. I'm certain the you'll find love, somewhere. Perhaps when you least expect it." he smiled and sighed deeply. Love had brought him both the greatest happiness, and the worst pain he'd ever known, but he'd never regret a moment of it.

"A boat hm?.." he answered. "I'm sure I could work that into your escape plan. We have many boats, and many ships." he smirked and drank another long sip of wine.

He had to think for a moment on her next question, his eyes narrowing as he sifted through his memories. "Something I've kept from my parents..." he sighed. He had one thing on his mind but it wasn't exactly something he wanted to share, and a muscle feathered in his jaw as he tried his best to think of something else. His cheeks were flushed now, and he poured himself another drink which he drank before answering.

"I may or may not have been, intimately involved, with another Anirian house. Before I was married, that is. It is not something that I wish my parents to be privy to." he laughed awkwardly under his breath.

One would think that Amelia would have had plenty of suitors and she had before she had left for Elbion. The problem had always been her strong will and her desire to take no shit. She didn't want to be someone's beautiful arm candy. She wanted to be someone's partner and best friend.

The Prince was right. She would find it someday.

The answer to her question brought one brow raising high. "Scandalous, indeed. I will have to remember that for if you ever cross me, my Prince." Amelia winked and took another drink.

"You did not ask a question. Are you giving up on the game? Admit I am victorious and I shall permit your withdrawal." Oh yes, she was definitely on the other side of tipsy now.

She really should stop drinking but she couldn't. She was so nervous about all of this. Amelia studied her future husband's face with admiration. He was handsome and she wanted to run her fingers through his hair and she wanted to kiss him.

No!

She took a long drink from her goblet as a blush rose on her cheeks.

Lynus let out a husky laugh and looked at her indignantly. "Ah but you never asked me who, which I thank you for.. And what makes you think i'd dare cross you, my Princess?" he grinned at her over the rim of his cup. He drank until the goblet was once again empty and sighed.

"Aye. I shall admit that you are victorious, before I find myself in trouble." he smirked. "Come. I will show you the rest of the keep." he smiled, pushing himself to his feet and rolling his shoulders, his head pleasantly light once more. His hand was offered.

My Princess. The words made the laugh that was about to escape her falter. My Princess. Amelia quickly followed suit and emptied her own goblet. She smiled as he conceded victory but it didn't reach her eyes this time. Not like every other smile had.

"I have a feeling that even with a tour, I will still get lost," she said softly as she took his hand and stood from the swing.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, she felt the world around her sway a little. Amelia, ever the lady, did not let it show though and simply tucked her arm into the crook of his. "Show me your home, Lynus."

"Most likely." he replied as he looked up at the Keep. The place was a fortress of solid stone. He could understand how intimidating it must have been, but having grown up here it was something he often forgot.

He smiled at her as she took his arm, and he took her across the little bridge and through the flowering maze before taking the steps back inside. The hallways and rooms had ceilings high enough to have allowed giants to comfortably pass through them. The walls were adorned with the weapons of his ancestors, of tapestries telling stories of great wars and of portraits painted of generations of royals past and present.

Daylight spilled in shafts through the tall, arched windows, painting diamonds on the stone floors, and the sconces and chandeliers offered little warmth to the great halls. Servants milled here and there, stopping to bow or curtsy in greeting whenever they passed, and guards were stationed ever so many steps, only straightening and holding a fist over their chests in response to their presence.

At the top of the grand staircase stood two great doors with ivy vines carved into the white oak and doorknobs of pure silver. He smiled down at her as he stopped at the front of it to free his hand and twist both handles with a click. "I think you'll like this room." he said quietly, and pushed the doors open.

The room was a library, larger than most houses in Vel Anir. Books lined every shelf, stretching from floor to arched ceiling as tall as the windows and a huge fireplace roared in front of a comfortable sofa and armchairs. "You said you liked books." he shrugged.

Tipsy Amelia thought it was a great idea to reach out and touch the various adornments on the walls and marbles stands through the halls. She also looked at everything with awe as they walked. This was by far the most beautiful place she had ever seen and she couldn't believe this was her new home. Well...her new home until she left. However long her stay was did not take away from how breathtaking this palace was.

Amelia traced the vines that were carved on the door that Lynus has stopped them in front of. She looked over and up at him as he told her that she would like this room. Before she could comment, he pushed opened the doors and her jaw dropped.

The eldest Pirian had never seen so many books in her life. "I do...this is..." Words literally left her as she took a deep breath and savored the glorious smell of parchment and ink.

Amelia turned and threw her arms around Lynus in a huge hug. It was not like he had given her this library but just the fact that he had thought she would like this meant something to her.

The Prince's chest tightened a little at the happiness that Amelia glowed with as she stepped into the room. It had been so terribly long since he'd seen such a thing, but his wife had lit up rooms with her happiness too and this.. He felt a sharp sting of guilt for allowing himself to enjoy her excitement, even if just for a moment.

He'd been about to speak when she turned to him, his brows shooting up as arms flew around him and he tensed. When was the last time he'd been hugged by someone other than his mother? His body was rigid, and he gave himself a mental kick to loosen up. She was leaving almost as soon as she'd swear to stay with him until... Until death, did they part.

His throat ached, and slowly his arms wrapped around her.. "I'm glad you like it." he laughed a little awkwardly under his breath at the sweet woman currently attached to him. Beauty and kindness did not often come hand in hand amongst the nobility of Vel Anir, but she seemed exactly that, and so much about her reminded him of his Serena.

"Shall.. I show you to your chambers?"

• Cthuulove
Reactions: AmeliaPirian
Amelia felt bad as soon at Lynus tensed up. She shouldn't have hugged him. She was just so excited and she hadn't thought about his feelings. Before she could apologize, he wrapped his arms around her and she felt a weird sense of warmth and happiness.

She eventually pulled out of the hug and looked down sheepishly. It was the wines fault. Not hers. Yep...that is what she was going with. She was not warming up to her future husband.

He saved her from further awkwardness by asking about bringing her to her chambers. Her chambers. It sounded so fancy and that is what she told Lynus.

"Saying chambers instead of room sounds so..." She paused as her tipsy mind searched for the right word. "Fancy." Yep, her tipsy mind was most unhelpful!

He laughed under his breath and rubbed at the back of his neck.. "I always thought it sounded more like a prison cell, but we'll go with fancy. I shall show you to your room, then." he smirked. Lynus allowed her some time to choose some books, and he asked that they be taken to the Lady's room and that a hot bath be drawn for her.

By the time they wandered along more hallways and up more stairs, the maids were leaving and curtsied at the door as they departed.

"Thank you." he smiled at them, and they smiled back before hurrying off. "My Lady." he said as he pushed open the great oak door with the same carved ivy design, and stepped aside to allow her to enter. There was no expense spared in the palace as it was, but the guest quarters were sheer luxury. The sun had begun to dip low on the horizon, and so the room was cast in a warm, rosy hue - lit also by candelabras and chandeliers of carved wood. The large arched windows took up one side of the room's wall, and a balcony took up another. A large, four-poster bed, again carved with ivy and flowers was dressed in soft, cotton quilts, soft furs and far more pillows than any person or two people could ever need.

"The balcony there overlooks the gardens. As does mine, at the opposite end of the hall. I hope you'll find it to your liking. I've taken the liberty of having the maids draw you a bath. They're often quite liberal with lavender.." he laughed quietly as he gestured toward the archway in which the open door led to her washroom, the scent of lavender wafting out in the cloud of steam.

"If there's anything else you need.." he gestured to the cord by the door. "It rings the bell in the servant quarters." he nodded, still standing in the doorway.

"I'll let you get yourself comfortable, My Lady." he dipped his chin and offered a small smile. "Unless there's anything else?"

Once again her mouth dropped open at the opulence and beauty of her room. She was not sure why each room surprised her because everything had been perfect in this palace. She was most definitely afraid of breaking anything though. Amelia turned when Lynus spoke and she smiled at his mention of overlooking the gardens and when he told her about the liberal amounts of lavender.

This place was amazing!

"Thank you," she told him once more. "I think I am good for now. I will see you later?" She was not sure why she had asked it like a question. Of course she would see him later. Right? Yeah.

After the Prince departed, she made rather quick work of undressing and sinking into the gloriously scented bath. The bath would get cold and the rooms would still be there for her exploration when she emerged. Amelia relaxed, washed, and relaxed some more. She was not sure how long she stayed in the bath but the water had turned from hot, to lukewarm, and then to cold. That was when she finally gave up and got out.

She wrapped the soft towel around her body and trailed water after her as she started to walk around her room. She was surprised to find a mixture of new dresses that were her size in the wardrobe. They did work fast here. Eventually she pulled a dark green dress and a pair of black flats out of the wardrobe. They were perfect for her plan. She pulled her long curly hair into a half up, half down style before allowing herself to think that she looked pretty damn great.

Amelia found her way to the Prince's chambers with the help of a servant and she knocked two times before standing back nervously.

"Might I help you, My Lady Pirian?" a handsome male around the same age as Lynus asked from across the hallway. He was Lynus' personal guard and his most trusted, and the slightly awkward grimace he wore suggested that he was currently in a slight predicament. Arryn had orders to turn any away from his door, and yet he did not wish to upset the Lady.

"I don't believe that His Highness was expecting visitors this evening." he said, offering a small smile. Amelia's knock at the door would go unanswered, but the flickering glow of candlelight under the door suggested that the room wasn't empty.

"Forgive me, my name is Arryn. The Prince's personal guard. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." he said, placing a fist over his chest and bowing.

Amelia jumped when she heard the voice and her name. She turned to see the stranger approaching her. Was everyone that worked in the palace good looking? Would she get a handsome personal guard when she married Lynus? That was the real question here.

"The pleasure is mine," Amelia responded to Arryn's introduction and bow. "And please, call me Amelia, Arryn. I am terrible at being proper and shit," a small chuckle escaped her lips before she stood up straighter.

"Lynus was not expecting me but I believe as his betrothed I have every right to be allowed entry..." She raised one perfect brow, "unless he has another woman in there?"

Her tone was nonchalant but there was a odd feeling in her stomach when she thought about that. Disgusted...not...jealous...right?!

The guardsman's brows shot up in indiscreet shock at the Lady cursed. The Lady that was to be the new Princess, no less. His cheeks burned but he let out a nervous chuckle of his own and nodded. "If it is the Lady's wish." he answered with another bow.

He was immediately flustered at her next set of questions. "Oh.. I, Yes. I mean no! No! Of course not, my La--Amelia." his head shook. Arryn rubbed at the tension building rapidly at the back of his neck and cleared his throat.

"He is not feeling quite himself, that is all. I'm certain he would not like for you to see him whilst he's under the weather." he tried with a slight wince. He may have been loyal to Lynus, but if the Lady Pirian ordered him to step aside and allow entry, there wasn't much he could do to refuse her.

Poor Arryn looked like he was about to have a heart attack. This was one of the reasons she hated the Noble bullshit. Men could do whatever and say whatever but if I woman said it...oh the world was over. Amelia did have to admit that it was quite entertaining though.

"Hmmmm...yes, I hate when I drink too much as well." Amelia's voice was low and conspiratorial. "Now, I would appreciate it if you allowed me in to see my fiancé."

There were also reasons to love being Noble as well. Lady Amelia Pirian was going to soon be Lady Amelia Anireth and that meant she would not accept no for an answer.

Arryn visibly winced at Amelia's request and straightened, his chin dipping obediently. "As you wish." he answered, a little louder than was strictly necessary, the sound of his voice echoing through the great hallways. He cleared his throat once, and then again for good measure, the doorknob rattling before he finally twisted it open and pushed at the door.

None of Arryn's ingenious plans to alert Lynus had worked, however. The prince was asleep, deeply so. Though not in his bed, where he ought to have been in the state he was in, but in nothing but his shorts, sprawled out on his rug with a few empty wine bottles scattered around the room and one fresh stain on the floor where he'd either spilled one or thrown up.

Arryn cleared his throat once again as he closed the door behind them both. "You see my Lady, I'm certain he'd rather he was more presentable for your visit.." he said quietly, and went to help his Prince up from the floor.

Amelia let out a long, exasperated sigh. She had a feeling that this is how she would find him. Well...she figured he would be incredibly drunk not passed the fuck out. She went to his other side and helped Arryn get the Prince up from his makeshift bed.

"Arryn, I appreciate your loyalty but you know that I am here to make sure he gets his shit together." She may have picked the brains of some of her maids before she had come over here. She needed to know what kind of man she was marrying.

It had not been an easy year for him and he had thrown himself into the bottle. Into all the bottles. This man had been through a lot and she had been betrothed to him in order to help him.

That fact alone made her feel bad that she was leaving as soon as she could.

Once the two of them had gotten Lynus into the bed, she thanked and dismissed Arryn. Amelia say on the edge of the bed and just rubbed her face. It was her fault that he had been able to get alcohol tonight.

Last edited:
The Prince groaned, though he was in no fit state to protest to being lifted from the floor. His head lolled and his feet dragged as he was moved over to his bed, but no amount of movement could rouse him from how soundly he slept thanks to a few too many bottles.

"M-My Lady?" Arryn asked with a frown, unsure of what she meant by what she'd said. He looked reluctant to leave as Amelia dismissed him, and he know how angry Lynus would be with him if he woke up to being looked after by his betrothed whom he'd known for less than a day. The guard cleared his throat and bowed.

"I will be right outside." he said. whether it was assurance or some form of warning was unclear, but he let out a quiet sigh as he turned to leave the pair alone.

Amelia sat on the bed for a little while then moved over to a chair so she could just watch him.

She knew he would be upset but she did not care. She would never be able to leave Vel Anir if he could not get his shit together. They whole point of this marriage was for him to stop wallowing. She knew that was unfair but that was life. She did not want to be here or marry him but she knew damn well that his parents would never let her go if he was drinking like this.

She had so many things running through her mind as she watched him. Honestly, she had no idea what the fuck she was doing or why she cared. Of course she told herself it was because she wanted to leave but was it? Now she needed a drink. She did not move though. She just ended up falling asleep in the chair instead.

Lynus did not sleep well. He rarely did, even under the sedation of whatever he could find to drink. It'd be another few hours until he woke, the candles in his rooms now extinguished with only the light of the moons spilling in through the tall, arched windows to see by. He groaned as he stirred, his hand reaching to scratch at his stubbled cheek and his eyes rolled and blinked open for only a brief moment.

Another moment passed before he realised what, or rather who he'd seen sitting at his bedside and his eyes shot open to fix on Amelia's face. After the initial shock, came the confusion, and after that, the embarrassment crept into his face and he was damn glad for the lack of light as his cheeks flushed with colour. Embarrassment was not something the Prince, nor many men, dealt well with. His brow furrowed and he sat up only slightly to look around and then back to her.

"What are you doing in here?" he demanded grittily.

Amelia had been half asleep when the Prince's voice startled her. She opened her eyes and looked at him. He was not happy and she hadn't expected him to be. Arryn had warned her after all. She had made her decision though.

"I had wanted to do something with you last night and I practically had to force my way past Arryn to get in here when he said you were indisposed."

And me being the nosey bitch I am, I had to see what you were doing...

"I am starting to understand why your parents are so quick to marry you off, your Highness." There was a tinge of sarcasm lacing her words. "You know I will not be able to leave if you cannot even put on a convincing show of not being an alcoholic."

He had convinced her earlier. He had been a gentleman and gotten her wine while they were in the gardens. He had used her to get drunk and she didn't like it.

He dragged a hand down his face and sat up, letting his head fall into his hands as his elbows perched on his knees. He'd been about to apologise at the thought of her coming here looking for his company, but the sarcasm in her words about his parents and the judgement upon his state only inflamed the anger he felt.

"Get out, Amelia." he rumbled, his tone firm but he was clearly trying to refrain from raising his voice, at least until he called for his guard.

"ARRYN!!" he bellowed, his voice bouncing painfully around his own skull. The door opened almost immediately, and Arryn wore a grimaced expression.

"She wouldn't take no for an answer, Ly." The Prince cut him off with a glare.

"Please kindly escort the Lady back to her rooms. She doesn't appear to have rested." he growled.

"I rested just fine!" Amelia growled back as she stood from the chair. "If you do not get your shit together, you can guarantee that I will be stuck here in this gods forsaken place forever with you and I will not be happy!" Unlike Lynus, her voice rose as she spoke.

All his pretty talk about letting her go and live her own life would mean nothing if he continued on like this. His parents would hunt her down and have her drug back to the Palace because he leaving caused him such great pain as to drink again. Who cares if that wasn't the case!

Amelia threw a softer glare at Arryn before speaking again. "I can escort myself back to my room," her tone was back to normal...almost diplomatic.

She swept out of the room with one more withering look at her fiance. She knew this had been a terrible idea. She had let the wine and the jokes and the stories cloud her judgment.

He was no different than any other man in this world. They were all the same and they were all shitty.

Unfortunately, her mind was elsewhere as she walked down the hall and she was soon lost. She was already irritated so she certainly was not going to show her ignorance even though it would have been acceptable for such a new guest. Nope, she would wonder until someone found her.

"Well, that makes two of us." he grumbled in return, his voice muffled through his hands as he rubbed his face. He sighed deeply as she left the room, his tired gaze settling now on Arryn with a look that demanded an explanation.

"She's your betrothed, Lynus, what did you want me to do? She insisted sh--"

"I wanted you to listen to my orders and have everyone - including my betrothed - leave me the fuck alone." he barked at the guard who stood a little straighter. They were friends, brothers even, but it wasn't often that Lynus reminded him that he had a job to do and so the man bowed.

"I apologise, you're right." he stood and nodded. "I should've done something more." he sighed.

The Prince gingerly slipped from his bed to pace over to the window, stretching and running his hands into his hair, cursing to himself under his breath as he huffed at the situation. "How could they drag me into something like this?.. I'm not ready for it and they know that." he muttered and stood silently for a moment before turning and letting his hands fall to his sides with a shrug.

"It's not like it matters. A few days or so after the wedding she'll be half way to a better life, and I'll have another excuse to stay in these fucking rooms for another year."

Arryn groaned.
---------------------------------
"Are you sure, Dear? She seems lovely, a perfect fit, even.. But are you sure its wise to push him this far? You don't fear he might do something.. rash?" The Queen's voice could be heard from the royal study, the door slightly ajar.

"Nonsense, Elenora! A few weeks and he'll no doubt be besotted with the girl. Mark my words."

The Queen sighed. "Yes. Yes I hope you're right. I just hope she can put up with him for long enough for him to remember who he was before.."

Last edited:
Amelia felt like she had walked down every hall in this damn palace at least four times. Unfortunately, she still had zero idea where her room was. Maybe it was time to ask for help? Nope. Not happening. Yes, Amelia was stubborn as fuck. She admitted it and accepted it.

She eventually heard voices and headed in that direction. She had found the library! Yes, she could make it look like she was coming for a book and no one would be the wiser. Yeah...that would work. Sure.

As she came closer to the door she realized that it was not the library and the voices she heard were the King and Queen. She turned to leave the area as quickly as she had come when she heard something that caused her to pause.

"Nonsense, Elenora! A few weeks and he'll no doubt be besotted with the girl. Mark my words."

"Yes. Yes I hope you're right. I just hope she can put up with him for long enough for him to remember who he was before.."

Before his wife died...
Amelia finished in her mind.

His parents really did care about him and they wanted him to be happy. They were not doing this to torture him. They were doing this to help him. Amelia just happened to be the Noble daughter that got stuck with marrying him.

She frowned and debated her next actions. Should she knock and speak with his parents about how to deal with him? Should she finally ask someone how to get to her room? Should she go apologize to Lynus and Arryn?

She found herself leaning against the wall down the hall from the room that held the King and Queen. She just needed a few minutes.

"The boy needs an heir, Ellie. He'll be King one day. And to have an heir, he needs a wife. What choice did we have but to step in?" the King's voice continued on, his form casting shadows in the hall as he paced.

"Do you think he'll ever be ready for that?..." his wife answered.

"He just damn well has to be." he replied in a sigh.

The room fell silent as the royals fell into contemplation and worry. It was Arryn who spoke next, after clearing his throat quietly. "My Lady?.. Are you alright? I went to your room but.." he sighed and rubbed at the back of his neck. "He doesn't mean anything by it.."

"Arryn?" the King's voice came from the study before he stepped out of the door, his brow furrowed at first though in seeing who the guard was with, his expression softened. "Ah, Amelia my dear. Is everything alright?"