Fae Courts The Twins' Tournament

Threads open to all members of the Fae Courts group
Her eyebrows hiked higher at his answer. They were Fae, which meant he was telling the truth. How... flattering?

She watched his lips touch the rim of his mug and there was a brief pulse of the shadows from within.

Nyxx found herself setting her drink down while she began reading his lips more than hearing him as he continued on. The growing whispers inside her head began overlapping. Garnering for attention by saying wicked things, evil things... delicious things.

She raised her eyes from Rohan's mouth back to the steely blue-grey of his eyes. The challenge in them called to the creature that slept in her chest. Like the waking of some slumbering primordial thing, it raised its head, primal interest calling it back from the abyss.

She felt her own hand shoot out without thinking, the tail ends of shadow dancing from her fingertips. Her talons aching to sink into flesh. Instead she found them resting under the strong chin of the male Fae before her. The sharp tip of a claw not quite touching Rohan. But hovering close enough to act as a threat, or as a way to guide his face closer to hers, to pay attention.

Nyxx drifted closer, pulled by some invisible force. Her soft hair falling forward to act as a white curtain around them. Their discussion now an intimate one.

In a soft voice, one laced with promises of a feral temptation. Her eyes never leaving Rohan's as she whispered, "Do you promise, pet?"

Rohan

Nairth felt Elowen before he heard or saw her. It was difficult not to feel the presence of one you knew so well, who had known you through all the trials and tribulations you faced. Praeda had been there in his youth when he was an ambitious young Fae looking to gain a following, she'd seen his downfall and the unforgivable carnage that he'd wrought as a result of that. Yet still, she did not see fit to leave him behind.

To say that she went through the trouble of seeking him out when she'd heard he was possibly in danger and demand a position in his court had surprised him would be an understatement. Nairth hadn't spoken to her in quite some time, not since returning from his own self-imposed exile. And yet there she was at his throne, chastising him as if he'd merely offended Oberon in one of his strongly worded letters the way he'd used to.

"Please, My dear. You talked, and I pretended to listen." He fought to hide a smile as he looked at her through the corner of his vision, not entirely facing his Chamberlain. "As is our usual dynamic. I figured you would come looking for me though." Without another word he began walking deeper into the festivities. He was vaguely interested in the tournament itself, but he had other motives as well; He hadn't spoken to Quacey in some time, and while he was oft left to his own devices, he was of Spring, and Nairth needed to know what he was up to.

As well, the performers of the evening could prove to be valuable allies to him. Especially when emissaries of the Erlking were nearly breaking down his door lately in some attempt to arrange a meeting between the two powers. Midir had shown no interest in diplomacy with his court before. So what had changed?

"I'm glad you did. Saw a duanann here just before you I didn't recognize. Fairly sure she knew who I was though, and I didn't like the aura she had. Feels better now you have my back."

Elowen Praeda

"Perhaps I had other plans before you decided to change your mind and now I have to put them on hold. It is quite rude to not consider others," Elowen's voice was light as she fell into step with the King.

To be fair, her plans had included wine and gardening so it was not like she was putting too much on hold. She liked to make it seem like she had a life outside of her duties though. Nairth knew it was not true but sometimes he played along to make her feel better.

Nairth's words about the fae he did not recognize cause a slight stiffening in her posture. She had weapons hidden on her person but she really did not want to have to fight anyone today and she, certainly, did not want to cause trouble at Quacey's tournament.

"Whether those words were sarcastic or not, I am here," she said with a brief smile up at his face.

Nairth San'Seya

The reunion wasn't going well. Ophelia's words made him more certain that his thoughts on her physical changes were correct. His question about getting a drink was very much a subtle way to ask if she was pregnant or not as pregnant women were heavily advised to avoid fermented drinks. She practically admitted to it then, but it was still best to wait for a direct mention.

That mention would have to wait as she began to suddenly break down on him. Flowers she had brought had been wilted and ravaged by her domain. They had lost their luster. Things of beauty she wanted to show him that she was able to grow now rendered into a state she feared.

A deep frown set in.

Quacey guided her to his comfortable chair and tried to get her to sit down. Standing was not good for her in her current physical and emotional state. He kneeled by her side. A hand was placed on her leg and the other on the side of her face. A gentle squeeze of her cheek. Her leg rubbed softly.

"Calm down. It is okay. I believe you Ophelia. You must have just gotten nervous and your domain ran a little loose. Nothing to worry about. Happens to all of us."

A light kiss was placed on her forehead. Her domain was far too strong. It was not odd how she was only recently able to get the start of some control over it. Especially so given what was happening inside of her currently.

"Take a few deep breaths. Center yourself. I can stay right here or I can get you some flavored water or herbal tea. Whichever you would prefer."

It was her choice. He had learned not to make assumptions on what she would want. The woman was moody even at the best of times and seemed unsure herself of what she needed just as often.

Ophelia Eärtári

• Devil
Reactions: Ophelia
"Oh, please don't tell me, you were going to relax in the springs with a drink and not invite me again?" Nairth mused without looking at her. He jested, however. Elowen had her hobbies, although she hadn't been ordered to accompany him. If she didn't take her job so seriously, she could easily be there having the day to herself now. "There is one thing I shan't joke about, and that is the value you have at my side, Elowen."

It wasn't something he would have said to her all those decades ago. He'd always been very aloof, opinionated, and abrasive in his younger years. Things change, however; He was a king now. She was his right-hand, and while he may barb her at times, it was important that one's subordinates know their value. Elowen was only trying to ensure his safety, and that wasn't lost on him.

So he met her gaze as he stopped for a moment, smiling. "You always are. Don't think for a moment that I don't appreciate that." Reaching out to place a large, yet delicate hand upon her shoulder, he turns towards the tents. "He's somewhere amongst the lodgings, no doubt chatting with a lady, if I know Quacey. We'll have to wait for now, I do not wish to interrupt."

Elowen Praeda

Her hand was under Rohan’s chin and way too close for comfort before he had registered the movement. She was quick. He did not like that. Nyxx did not touch him though. No, that would be too far. That would be a direct threat to the Hound and he did not take kindly to direct threats.

She moved in closer to him and as her hair blanketed around them, he closed his eyes for only a second and breathed in her scent. The sweet and sultry smell of amber and wood filled his nostrils. There was also an underlying smell that he could not place but that was not a concern for right now.

Rohan met her eyes again and let the smirk cross her lips again. The smirk faded slightly as she spoke again. His body stiffened and every single cell inside his body was torn on how to react.

"Do you promise, pet?"

A snarl and a growl rippled through his entire body making it excessively clear that he was more than a pretty face and nice body.

He was a Hound.

He was one of King Midir’s Hounds.

No one called him pet.

“My name is Rohan and I would refrain from ever calling me pet again. I would hate to have the Dawn Court mad at me for killing one of their Furies.”

Nyxx’s voice had been soft and tempting, Rohan’s voice held nothing but darkness and building anger.

Nyxx

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Zeraphine Batahlia
“I was going to garden some but relaxing in the springs does sound like a better plan. I suppose that can be done when we return to Grovehaven later. I do not know if I will be inviting you though. You have been quite sassy today, your Highness.” Elowen responded but then the sass dissipated and he grew more serious.

She knew he valued and appreciated her but it was nice to hear him validate it sometimes. She still had worries after all these years especially with his new station as King. It still astounded her that he was King. Nairth would always be Nairth to her. She had been by his side through so much. It had not even mattered when they saw each other for the first time in a while because it was like they had never stopped talking at all.

Their relationship was deep and hard to break.

“If he is with a lady, do you want to even be near the tent?” Elowen asked with a twinge of humor in her voice. She knew how much Quacey liked the women. It was not an uncommon thing among the fae. It was for her but she did not pass judgement on others just because she was more selective than some.

Nairth San'Seya

His anger rolled through Nyxx like ambrosia. Egging her on and all she could picture were two predators circling each other. Deadly in their own rights and looking for an opening to strike. This Fae was a morbid curiosity. And she found it a refreshing relief to the monotony that was her normal lonely existence. She found herself running her tongue along the edge of a canine and then her bottom lip, lost in thought.

A thrill of delight followed his threat. "It would seem the Hound can bite." She followed it with a savage smile.

"Good." In a flash, she stood up straight, while also twisting the hand under his chin to prick the hollow of his throat with a singular black claw, drawing a small well of bright red blood before bringing it to her mouth and licking it clean. It tasted divine.

"Now let's hope the Hound doesn't mind when I bite back." She purred at Rohan.

Rohan

So she knew who he was or at least what he was. Black shucks had some distinctive features and it was common knowledge that most (if not all) of the rare breed ran with the Sluagh. He had to admit that she had a familiarity to her but he could not place it. Same time, same place most likely.

Rohan was about to respond to her biting comment when he felt the slight prick of pain on his throat. He growled again as he moved swiftly to stand up from his seat. Both mugs went tumbling to the ground as his large hand wrapped about the pale throat of the Fury.

He did not even hear her words through the buzzing of anger in his head at the moment. Who the fuck did this bitch think she was to cut him?!

Rohan's hand tightened around her delicate airway as he leaned in close and whispered back.

"If you touch me like that again, I will kill you." His voice was little more than a seething growl now.

Court politics be damned. This is why he did not go to events often. He had to admit this was the first time that anything like this had happened though.

Nyxx

Before she could revel in her own cleverness, her throat was caught in the vice of a massive hand. His hand. And what a lovely necklace it made. The shadows sang in her head.

Their drinks sloshed onto her pants and she was aware of the growing stillness as the Fae around them watched in casual intrigue. Nothing like this was new to them, but it was always interesting to witness. And if they were lucky, some of them would garner helpful secrets to use in their own ambitions later.

She found herself standing on her tiptoes, much to her chagrin, as he was half a foot taller than her.

With a laugh, she retorted, "So are you saying there is a way you would like me to touch you then? " A mischievous light sparkled in her eyes. Nyxx couldn't help herself. Rohan continued to meet her blow for blow and she hated to admit how much fun she was having with the challenge.

Casually she gestured towards their spilled mugs. "I believe you owe me a new drink."
Her hands came up to grasp around his wrist. Noting the warmth of his skin.

"Also."

She winked at him. Squeezing his wrists.

"Harder."

Rohan

Rohan did not even dignify her question with a response. There was no way that he wanted this crazy woman to touch him. He could not believe she had goaded him into this anger so quickly. Rohan was usually excellent at controlling his emotions but she just drove him insane in such a manner that was unknown to him.

His blue-gray eyes flicked the hands that now encompassed his own wrist.

He scowled but did not release her from his grip until she said...

"Harder."

Rohan growled and let go of her throat before stalking off without another word.

He did owe her a drink and he needed one as well. It was too bad that she was getting whatever the fuck he ordered for her and not complaining about it. He knew that if Samara was here right now she would be howling at how uncomfortable and confused he was.

Nyxx

• Popcorn
She felt a small loss when he dropped her, which bothered her more than anything. But she kept the evil smirk on her face until his ass was completely out of sight. And then all at once it was like the air was taken out of her sails and she deflated.

Not many touched her without fear. So it was a novel experience when it happened.

Nyxx realized she was still watching where he had disappeared, her own hand hovering near where he had held her. Clearing her throat she looked around self-conciously and noted the few interested stares of the Fae around her.

Irritated, she flipped her cloak behind her shoulder and shot a glare to the stares she caught.
"Can you mind your fucking business?" A snarl coloring her voice.

Several rolled their eyes while others averted theirs in fear. But Nyxx happily found herself no longer in the spotlight. The show was over and they went back to watching the actual show on the stage.

Sighing with the loss of tension, Nyxx flicked a finger towards the chairs that Rohan had tipped over. Her shadows reaching down to right them. It took more effort to make them corporeal, but she had power to spare.

Assuming that Rohan wasn't returning, Nyxx sat down at his now vacated table and leaned back, throwing her black boots up to rest on the table. She drew her black dagger from her boot and began cleaning her nails, the picture of nonchalance.

Rohan

• Smug
Reactions: Adrian Black
Once again, Ophelia allowed him to guide her without putting up a fight. Something was different about her typically sad features. Even her once confident, almost cocky aura seemed defeated in a way.

"It's not okay." She sighed quietly, staring at the floor below. "It's really not, Quacey. I...we have a problem. A very big problem." She went to grab his hand, but redirected herself, grabbing the sleeve of the hand on her leg and dragging it upwards to rest over her stomach. "You don't have to ask if it's yours. You were the only person I've been with in well over a hundred years and I haven't been on another murderous rampage in an attempt to control my domain, fortunately." Or Unfortunately.

"Stay here," Her eyes met his for a moment before she continued. "I truly don't know what to expect, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've been here before and it ended the same way everything else does. But I don't know what to do. The domain...my powers have gone haywire. I know I left training early, but this child has undone all of our work and more." She took a deep breath. "I can't control it Quacey."

She gave him some time to process whatever she had said before speaking once again. "I apologize, this was probably the worst way I could have given you this news. I thought about not saying anything and leaving it in an orphanage if it is lucky or unlucky enough to survive. In the even it does and you would like it, it is yours. Your home is lonely. Would do you well to have some company around even if it is an insufferable little infant." She almost laughed at her own comments.

"And speaking of your home, I don't expect you to house me for the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm perfectly content staying in an inn or returning home."

Quacey

• Cry
Reactions: Quacey
The Vitae lord's attention was briefly captured by the brawl breaking out nearby, and a smile graced his lips as he received a small shot of homely nostalgia. He wondered if it would be fine idea to join in, either to break up the fight, or simply find himself on the better end of it. However, opportunity can be fleeting and as interesting as the fight might be, he could always pick one with one of his brothers. His attention was held by a far more ephemeral chance as he noticed the jockey limping by. 'Perhaps I should be the god of luck,' he mused to himself as he turned away from the brawl.

"Excuse me, but I can't help but notice you're in a bit of a predicament," he mentioned, sweeping in front of the haggard fae. "To be blunt my friend, you're in no condition to ride, but I can see that this majestic beast is simply twitching to get on the track. Thus, I propose a deal. You let me ride, I get a bit of fun, declare a victory with some glory to my court, and taken the mouse's share of the winnings. You get the big prize and the glory of raising this creature, and we walk away as friends." True enough, such deals were better left negotiated by Rerreno, and even more true that the brother of diplomacy was a faster rider. But he wasn't here today, thus leaving Varos to fend for himself. At the very least, while Rerreno was the faster rider, it wasn't by much. Maybe his approach was direct, but it got to the point and with any luck, the deal would be struck and Varos would find himself in the saddle before the call to ride.

Quacey

A bob of bright green hair wove through the crowds of duanan, puca, and all manner of fae. The Groundskeeper of the Winter Queen kept her blue-eyed gaze alert. She was still wanted by the Summer Courts. Perhaps it was foolish to be here. This far from the protection the border that Winter provided.

But Harper was never one to hide. And she was hoping to get a lead on who she was looking for.

Fingers tapped against the shell necklace she always kept at her throat as she approached the tournament arena.

• Yay
Let it not be said that Nairth thought himself above a little back and forth. Elowen always excelled at getting a reaction out of the usually rather stoic King. "You never invite me to the spring, but I always assumed you just weren't comfortable being bare-skinned around me." The quip was accompanied with a little smirk. Of course, it wasn't the case; the two of them had seen each other in all states of dress. Nairth did find Elowen quite beautiful, although nothing had ever happened between them, perhaps surprisingly...

The duanann's train of thought was broken at Elowen's remark toward the tents. The King could only roll his eyes, not particularly enthused at the thought of being even remotely involved with whatever was going on in Quacey's tent. "You're right, that sounds dreadful. Very well then, Elowen. Walk with me, and let's see who the tournament has drawn in. Perhaps we'll find our strange woman." Nairth smirked, turning from the tents and walking back towards the large crowd gathering in an attempt to enter the arena to be seated.

"Rambunctious, aren't they?" He spoke over the noise as the pair were surrounded on either side. They weren't going to see anything like this, and nobody seemed particularly worried about pushing past a King. "Hold me close, Elowen. I'm going to give us some room."

The San'Seya closed his eyes and took a deep breath. An odd silence fell over the crowd rather suddenly, as would any Fae who felt the tremors deep below the surface. Some stepped away, some glared at the pair, and some pretended to ignore what was happening. Cracks slowly began to form in the ground underneath Nairth's feet, seconds before a great tree sprouted from the ground, with Nairth and Elowen atop it.

This wasn't too close to the tournament grounds, so he doubted anybody already inside would notice anything amiss, and as soon as Nairth carefully moved the tree to set them down among the uppermost stands of the event, he sent the tree back into the ground, leaving naught but a large hole in its place.

Elowen Praeda

• Yay
A large pavilion stood in the grounds, the sound of drink and merriment emanated from it, as lines of tables of fae of all types drank and talked. in the centre, Brecc sat surrounded on all sides, two lines of 10 steins of strong ale lay in front of him and his opponent, he stretched his arms and cracked his neck as he prepared himself for the challenge ahead.

On the shout of a go, he and his adversary began to drink, chugging to the encouragement of the crowd as they discussed bets. he was already one stein down and his opponent was only three-quarters the way through his.. they continued and Brecc was not slowing down unlike his opponent, who was taking longer and longer to finish each stein. wasn't long before Brecc had finished his and while the fae in front was beginning to sway heavily before he collapsed back, making him the undeniable winner, groans and yells of excitement mixed as bets were won and lost.

Elowen huffed at Nairth’s assertion that she never invited him to the spring because of modesty. First and foremost, they were fae and modesty was not one of the traits that many exhibited. Second, she and Nairth both had a control of nature and nature was pure. Elowen preferred to wear nothing if she had a choice. Unfortunately, she had to wear clothing when there were events.

He was being extra sassy today and she wondered why besides the fact that he seemed to be in a very good mood. It was probably the best mood she had seen him in since she had arrived at Grovehaven and Shaileigh had disappeared.

She wrapped an arm around her Kings waist and let out a joyous laugh as the tree sprouted out of the earth. She smiled widely as she looked down over the tournament grounds.

It was not long before they were back on the solid ground and let go of Nairth.

“You are in a good mood today. Making jokes, being sarcastic, and showing off…what is the occasion?”

Nairth San'Seya

Nyxx

The raven fae found herself alone. Sadly not for long. The unkempt fae woman arrived at her table. A very forced smile on her face with teeth bared and bags under her eyes. "Miss-" She scanned down the list as if there would be a picture there. There wasn't. The pause was over as suddenly as it began.

"Lady Nyxx, you need to get back with the other competitors. Lord Quacey will be announcing the winner and there will be a call for encores soon. If you are out in the audience it will complicate things and I will disqualify you."

A sigh escaped her and in a hushed voice she added under her breath, "Fine you too, but nooooo. Lord Quacey would frown at me for that."

She turned to walk away and after a couple steps turned around. "Are you coming Lady Nyxx?"

================
Varos

The limping fae was caught completely by surprise at the sudden arrival of this stranger. One with too strong a presence. Couldn't be normal. The monologue that followed confirmed as much. He knew a villain when he saw one. All those plays couldn't be wrong! Only villains, and self righteous heroes (whom he hated the most), monologued and offered too good to be true deals.

Best he avoid him.

Eyes were directed down, a grumbled no thank you, and the jockey tried to go around this overwhelming fae.... And nearly twisted his ankle. Barely caught himself on the horse. The mare flicked her ears back as she eyed him, but didn't move. The jockey regained his footing and about cursed in front of the stranger.

He was in worse shape than he thought. Definitely couldn't ride like this. Would have to cancel.... Oh right, the deal. The fae glanced over at the stranger. Had to be careful. Deals were dangerous. But he had no choice. Not anymore.

"If it only the conditions and terms you spoke to me, and them only, then I will accept your deal. Any trickery and it is over right then and there!" The fae slowly held out his hand. "Deal?"

================
Ophelia

The Lord of Twin Home was frozen. Certainly he had already suspected to hear what he had from her, but it was another thing when she actually confirmed it. Fantasy turned reality. A hard shift for any to take. A part of him had expected her to have told him something else entirely. Maybe that she had actually gotten fat like she kept telling him was going to happen because of all the food he had made her. Or maybe that she had insulted someone and was cursed. Or anything less true and less real than this.

Quacey was going to be a father.

She had rambled on and the contents of it were dangerous subjects for the fae woman. He needed to break his silence and he needed to break it now.

"Ophelia...." Quacey had to pause. His courage and sense had left him for a moment. But he found it once more. He always found whatever he went looking for. "Ophelia. Please take some breaths. You can control your domain. It will be harder right now, but you can. You don't know how this will end yet. Have faith. The Twins will look over us. I'm not dead nor ill. The child is still growing. There is hope even if you can't see it just yet."

His eyes drifted down to her stomach. His hand there softly rubbing. His child. Their child. Even if she did not want it right now he needed to remember that Ophelia was going to be a mother. In the future he would need to be sure that was not forgotten.

"You will stay at our home. I will make sure you are cared for and we can keep working on your control."

A smile crossed his lips as he looked up at her. "I do not think you wish for your family to learn of this development either. You would never rid yourself of their gossip and stares."

Nyxx Varos Ophelia Eärtári

• Aww
  • Sip
Reactions: Varos and Ophelia
Nyxx was lost in thought, marveling over how very much she enjoyed the blue-gray color of the clouds in an impending thunderstorm. Casually sharpening all the while, the ends of her claw-tipped fingers with her dagger.

She paused in her musings when the same disheveled Fae from the sign up table approached her. Not quite able to stop the sardonic smirk at the blatant mocking tone from the woman whenever she used Nyxx's honorific. If this woman only knew how much she reveled in making the rude grovel and prostrate beneath her boot. The thought brought a real smile to her face when the other Fae turned her back on her to walk to the stage..

She looked off in the direction that Rohan had left in. Reluctant to leave the spot of their delicious sparring match. Perhaps it was best that she take her delights where she could get them and move on without being too greedy. Blah blah blah, count your blessings and whatnot. But the thought of going another round with that fiery man had her almost wistfully sighing.

"Are you coming Lady Nyxx." Oh, yes. Grovel indeed, Nyxx mused to herself.

The Fury stood and followed her back to the stage. Cringing at the thought of an encore. All the while, unconciously, whispers of nightmares and fear trailed behind her. Finding homes in the weaker constitutions of some of her kind, to surface again when next they slept.

Rohan Quacey

Last edited:
Varos' head tilted at the fearful reaction to his deal. What's worse, they had asked him to refrain from any and all trickery. Varos was a god of secrets with myths and tales telling how he'd beaten his brothers and evils time and time again through trickery. Such a deal just wouldn't do. Why would anyone ask him to do such a thing? They should know that Varos, lord of secrets would n- unless... they didn't know it was him. The fae lord's face fell as he realized his rudeness in lack of introduction. So quick he had been to offer a deal, he had failed to mention who it was that was doing the offering.

"Apologies, but let me introduce myself. I am Varos of the brothers Vitae, lord of the Vitae Court and master of secrets. I can promise you that I have no desire to see you regret this deal, and any trickery I enact will only be to your benefit."
He moved his hand in, stopping it just inches from jockey's. "Your mare is beautiful and strong. She deserves to run, and I'm bored enough to offer my assistance." It had been a few centuries since his court was one of prominence, but hopefully their reputation remained strong enough to assuage any fears of working with its leaders. True enough, Rerreno had always commented on his darker brother's unsettling demeanor, but he and his court had always acted for the betterment of the world.

Quacey

Ophelia stopped speaking and followed his instruction, taking deep breaths to try to calm herself down. As she did, though, she shook her head as if to tell him he was wrong. Why would she have any other reason to believe this would end in heartbreak? Even in regards to Quacey's status, she was confident he would die. She knew whatever gods there were, were taunting her. Giving her a little taste of hope before crushing it once again.

She watched him as his hands rubbed her stomach over her flowy dress, memories flooding her head of her previous husband and child. She was silent as tears fell down her cheeks. Though she had wanted a family hundreds of years ago, they were memories she couldn't repeat.

She nodded, accepting his request to stay at his home, but didn't speak up until after he mentioned her family. "You've met my family. You know exactly how vain they are. They'd be overjoyed to know I'm carrying a lord's child." She stifled a small laugh. "I've said nothing to them, but I know they're well aware of what's going on. It is not the easiest thing to hide if I'm being honest. Of course they don't know of the father."

Her grip on his sleeve tightened, "Look, it is your choice to do what you want with this information, but with my history....I don't think you'd be wise to share the news unless you're prepared for...anything."

Quacey

• Cry
Reactions: Quacey
Rohan had gotten himself a nice mug of delicious ale.

Rohan had gotten Nyxx a nice mug of the swill at the bottom of the barrel. He had even paid extra for the poor server to go get an empty barrel and dredge it for him then add some of the delicious ale on top. This was going to be beautiful when the vile woman took a drink.

The smug shuck saw the Lady being led towards the stage again. He did not hand her the mug as he threw her the smuggest look possible and went back to his original seat.

Rohan would be the first to call for an encore because he could see how uncomfortable she was even through her stoic exterior.

Quacey Nyxx

Nyxx

The well kept yet anxious fae would arrive with his own competitor in tow from the audience as the unkempt fae brought her short yet fiery delinquent backstage. Sweat was forming as it dripped from his head as that overly cheerful smile remained as ever.

"Sister-" He cleared his throat. "Director, no, Assistant director Leilah. Is this all our rogue bards and minstrels?"

"Not a minstrel." The fae that the sweaty one held by the collar said with a pout not fitting their age.

"Outside of Sir Dirgus, but no one wants him back." Leilah said with a sigh. "And Assistant director Leinos, let go of him. You can play around with the younger men after the competition not during."

The smile cracked into a huff for a brief second as Leinos practically tossed the not a minstrel to the side. But the smile returned quickly and the fae straightened out his clothing. Something his sister would never do. And walked out onto the stage to call for any encore requests.

========================
Varos

The fae frowned. He was aghast. Amazed! Why he had no clue who this Varos was or this court he claimed to be from. Sounded suspicious. Fishy. Real old catfish left out in the sun fishy. But he had left no tricks laying about in his offer. Good right? Maybe. Yeah, maybe....

A hand was offered but left so that he had to take it. Really? What kind of power play was this? So there was a trick somewhere! He knew it!

The fae's hand started to be pulled away from Varos when a fae in colorful armor was power walking by. A horse, as colorfully garbed as the fae, with its reigns in the hands of a brownie went by. The fae was bombastic and bragging about how he, Sir Dirgus!, would win the races as he had won the story telling contest!

The fae scowled and thrust his hand into Varos' hand. No way he was letting that pompous fool Dirgus win. Man got his mount from the Summer Court. The Summer Court!

"Deal. Extra prize if you knock him off his ass."

========================
Ophelia

"I would prefer we wait on any announcements until after the tournament. It is for praising and honoring the Twins and letting others find their glory and fun."

A smirk crossed his lips. "Although you do dread others have fun so you might say something anyways."

Ophelia was prone to brooding and being gloomy about things. Rather melancholy. Not that he wasn't the same himself at times. But he would rather she enjoy herself and distract herself from what all was going on right now. He had a feeling she could use it.

He slipped his hand from her cheek and took one of her hands. A kiss was laid upon it. "How would you like to listen to the last of the story tellers? I must return and finish my duties there by announcing the winner and rewards."

Ophelia Eärtári Nyxx Varos Rohan

• Devil
Reactions: Ophelia
"Oh, you know me so well." Ophelia pouted, crossing her arms. "I would love nothing more than to spoil your grand tournament, but I think we both know I would rather pretend none of this has happened at all. As a matter of fact, maybe it hasn't. Maybe I slipped and hit my head and I am in a coma!" She felt slightly more at ease now that she had shared the news and Quacey had reacted pleasantly-enough to tease him a bit.

She recoiled slightly as he grabbed her hand, worried he may drop dead like the contents of her gardens back home. In his true, Quacey ways, he managed to not die once again. "Sorry, I did not mean to occupy so much of your time." She got up from the chair. "I'll be honest I came for the stories and I'm disappointed I missed the rest, but I'd love to hear the last one." She would peek out of the tent before walking by his side back to the stage. She walked close, but not close enough to seem like they were together. As much as she did enjoy fun rumors, she didn't want to subject Quacey to them.

Quacey