Private Tales The Newlywed Game

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The archer was already dead by the time Brie's knife found its target. Kieran still felt pride for how capable and badass his wife was though. She had tried to help him and that brought no small amount of happiness to him.

Unfortunately, there was blood on Brie and that was all that mattered in this moment. He shifted and ran to her. He was bleeding some but it quickly healed. He wasn't human.

He came to stand in front of Brie and looked over her. Her neck was the worst of it but she wasn't going to bleed out. He really wanted to taste her though. He hadn't had the pleasure and she hadn't offered.

He tore his gaze from the blood and brought his hands to her face. "Are you okay, my love?"

The adrenaline was making her heart beat wildly in her chest. But Kieran's touch calmed her. His hands along her skin. His face and voice. Even as he asked his question, her own blue and green eye searched him wildly. Hand going to brush his own dried blood away from a wound already healed.

He was okay.

Relief flickered across her face. Even as her hand dropped to her throat and came back wet. She was bleeding but it didn't seem too deep.

"I'm fine," she finally breathed. Her other hand lightly entrapping one of his against her cheek. Eyes shifted over his shoulder at those from the orphanage staring out the windows at them. Brie stepped back quickly. "We must tell Seralynn at once. I know she can handle things." She looked around, trying to fight the shock that wanted to consume her.

"The driver...where...I don't know what happened to him."

A glance at her bloodied palm as she pulled it away from her slender neck. Then another worry hit her. "Is this too hard for you to be around?"

He looked towards the orphanage and cringed. They had seen everything. They knew he was a monster now. He would need to spend some extra money between now and their next trip out.

Kieran barely heard her words as he stared at her wound. It was not that the blood bugged him but he wanted to fix her. He wanted to heal her. He had not brought it up when she hurt her ankle because he knew she wouldn't go for it. This was different. She was bleeding from her neck.

"Some of my blood will heal you," he said softly as his eyes left her neck and moved to stare into hers.

“What do you mean?” Did he mean for her to rub some of his on her wound or…ingest it? Her palm lifted, pressing back against her wound. Keeping pressure on it.

Just then their carriage driver stumbled from the woods. His hair was disheveled. He was bleeding and it looked like he’d suffered a blow to his head.

“M’lord. M’lady,” he apologized then grimaced at the dead bodies. “Let’s return home. I am not sure if this group had more members to their party.” He wasn’t worried about Lord Kieran as he said it. His eyes fell to Brie.

Brie nodded slowly and slipped back into the carriage with her husband. She leaned forward, asking him the next worry on her mind. “If I have some of your blood will it…change me?”

And she realized he’d never asked for her own blood. She was impressed at his self control now. Even with her bleeding so close to him.

Kieran helped Brie into the carriage and stepped in after her. The driver closed the door and Kieran pulled his hurt wife in for a gentle kiss. It was a thank the gods, you are a alive kiss. He pulled away and finally answered her question as the carriage started to move.

"No, you would just ingest a little of my blood and it would heal you," he said and removed his shirt. He held it out to his wife so she could wipe her hands or hold it to her neck. Her choice, of course.

"The process of turning is...more complicated..." he said as he turned to look out the window.

"Are you just finding an excuse to take off your shirt?" She'd tease as she took what he offered and gently pressed it up against her neck. Though, she did hesitate. Hating to ruin another one of his.

Seralynn would not be happy with her. And that woman's wrath was not something to be taken lightly. If it wasn't for that very woman, she wouldn't be sitting in this carriage next to Kieran. Married to a Vampire Lord.

And Brie knew the conversation about turning was a touchy-one. She knew Kieran wanted her to. Knew that he wanted to spend forever with her. And she could see herself spending forever with him...but she'd always pictured herself growing old. And she couldn't imagine outliving her younger brother.

It broker her heart.

She'd never shared these things with Kieran because she found she didn't want to break his heart, either.

Thinking it over, she finally said quietly. "I'll take some of your blood. If you...explain the turning process a little more. And maybe explain how you are able to keep in-control around me when I'm bleeding."

"I do not need excuses, Brie," Kieran replied with a small smile. He knew she was teasing but he couldn't stand to see her bleeding. It hurt him. He loved her and she was hurt because of him.

He was surprised by her turns and brought his wrist up to his mouth. He bit into it and then held his wrist out to her. "First, you just need a little bit and it'll heal. It isn't too terrible." Once she had struggled through taking some of his blood, he pulled his wrist from her and watched as it healed.

He watched her neck heal in front of his eyes and finally relaxed.

"The process is simple. There is an exchange of blood. You take mine, I take yours, and then..." Kieran's voice trailed off, "I kill you..."

"As far as how I can control myself around you...it is my age and the fact that I love you. I do not want to hurt you."

She flinched when he bit into his wrist. She didn’t want him to hurt himself on her behalf. A study of his face as he brought the wrist to her. A small frown on her lips but her fingers wrapped gently around his skin as she brought her mouth forward.

How appalled would her parents be to see her now?

That thought alone gave her courage to lick at and swallow a small amount of his blood. And it was strange. It didn’t taste as bad as she thought it would. Hints of cinnamon, something spicy, and…dark chocolate?

And the throbbing in her neck eased. His shirt drew away and her fingers smoother over her neck. It was smooth. Just her dried blood any evidence that there was a cut.

Eyes bulged as he finished describing the process. “You…kill me?” A swallow. She leaned against him. One arm snaking around his waist. Her head leaned against his shoulder.

“Kieran I love you. But I don’t know if I can ever. If I’ll ever..,” her voice trailed off sadly.

"Yes, it is part of the process. I would make sure you weren't awake," he said as he kissed her head.

All he heard in her next words was Kieran I love you and his heart felt whole for the first time in a long time. "It's ok, love. I understand..."

He didn't understand. Why wouldn't someone want to live forever with the person they loved? It was a concept he couldn't grasp but he would never force her. He would just survive once she died...or he wouldn't.

• Cry
Reactions: Polina
Love.

They'd both said it.

This Vampire Lord who could have whoever he wanted, loved her. Even as she basically declined his offer for eternal life. Even as the thought of growing old without him made her heart ache and twist. Even as she wondered if he would even love her as she lost her beauty. As her mind started to diminish.

But Brie didn't know if she could survive outliving her brother.

That kind of pain would do something to her. Change her. And right now? She didn't think she could face it.

"I don't want to be a burden to you," she breathed against him, sadly.

Kieran held her tight to him as they rode down the path from the town to their home. "You won't be. I could have turned you by force...my...brother...did that. He tricked the poor girl and she hates him. So much more than you ever hated me. She has already tried to kill him several times. Now he has to hope she won't get strong and murder him..."

He would be lying if he said he wasn't entertained by the though. Emric had pulled almost the same shit their sire had with them. He sobered at that thought and changed the subject. "What do you have planned for the rest of the week, Brie?"

"I don't know, I hated you a lot in the beginning," she smiled so he'd know she was teasing. "But I'm glad you're not him. Your...brother."

She imagined she'd be like that young woman now. Hatred and revenge filled. Love very far from her heart, indeed.

Her chin rested on his shoulder as she looked up at him. Not minding being held close against him. Relishing it. Oh how far she'd come.

"I was hoping...you'd allow me a visit to my brother?"

After tonight's events, Brie had to wonder if he'd turn her down.

Kieran tensed when she mentioned going to see her brother. A low growl rumbled from his lips at the thought. It wasn't that he wouldn't allow her to go but the attack tonight had him worried. Very worried. She would have to go without him during the day with a guard. He closed his eyes and then turned to put place a kiss on her nose.

"Yes, you can go. I won't be with you though. You need to go during the day and take a guard with you. I don't know who those men were but you shouldn't be out after dark and I don't think your parents will like me showing up at dusk."

"Well. I'm sure they'll think it most improper however I show-up," she sighed and made no move to pull away from him. She kept one arm wrapped around his torso. Continued to lean against him as their carriage clattered and traveled along the roads back up to his estates.

Head finally lifted as she studied him quietly. The moon's light peeking into their carriage and providing her some idea as to how expressions were flowing across his face. "I remember now. That day you came to meet me for the first time. It was overcast. And you came close to sunset!" She lightly punched him in the shoulder.

"Very clever, my husband. What will you be doing...while I'm away?"

A laugh rumbled through Kieran at Brie's adorable human punch. He was clever. He knew it. It was not his first day...night...as a vampire.

He leaned in and whispered in her ear, "I am going to be with my lover, of course." He had a feeling this would earn him another punch so he grabbed her waist and quickly pulled her onto his lap so she was straddling him. He kissed her nose and then her forehead.

"When do you want to go?" He asked as he held her close to him.

She did punch him again, or give a sharp-thwack against his shoulder even as he wrestled her onto his lap. Her hands lifted and gently framed his face. She was very aware of what she straddled. Even as she leaned against his bare chest.

"Maybe in a week?" She shrugged. She didn't have a set timeline. Just sooner rather than later. She had to write ahead to her parents. Let them know of her visit. She just missed her brother and couldn't wait to see him.

But thoughts of her family were far from her mind as she leaned in and kissed him longly and slowly, her fingers working their way back to curl against his hair.

"You're not funny," she breathed against him. Sassing him about his earlier lovers comment. Before he could answer she kissed him again and this time dragged her teeth lightly against his lower lip, pulling it.

"We can send them a letter today and let them know you will be coming," Kieran said with a smile before Brie captured his lips once more. He never got tired of kissing his beautiful wife. She was perfect and she was his. He was a lucky man.

He thought he was hilarious, but she didn't give him a chance to defend himself. A rumble of a growl rolled threw him as her teeth tugged on his lower lip. His hand traveled under her top and up the soft skin of her back and he deepened the kiss.

A moan of longing as he deepened the kiss. Her legs squeezed tighter against his own. Reaching back, she took off her shirt, not caring where they were. Or that the carriage bounced along. She just knew there were too many clothes between them.

Once her shirt was pulled free from her mass of dark curled, she recaptured his lips. Her tongue darting carefully into his mouth. Around those sharp fangs of his.

“I love you,” she breathed again, releasing some of the fears she had about him leaving her.

Kieran's eyes were redirected from Brie's bare chest when she kissed him again. His strong arms wrapped around her and he held her close to him. All space between them was gone now.

Well...it was gone until she pulled away from the kiss and he growled. His eyes met hers and the animal instinct seemed to melt some as he looked at his gorgeous, perfect wife.

"I love you too, Brie Harrovian..."

He wanted to do so much more right now but they would be home soon. He would wait until the carriage stopped though. Kieran pulled her back into a kiss and he accidently bit her lower lip this time.

She winced as she felt the sharp, copper tang of blood slip over her tongue. It didn't taste as good as Kieran's. She froze. Worried that the taste of her blood would be too much for him. And even though she trusted her husband with her life, she knew she still sat in a predator's lap.

Predator arms wrapped around her bare skin.

"Are you okay?" She whispered against him, even as her tongue darted out against the cut on her lip.

Kieran had done so well to not want to bite her. When she bled, he dealt with it and restrained himself.

This. This was different. That little bit of blood that had accidently gotten on his tongue made him growl. It was the sweetest thing he had ever tasted in his life.

He heard her question. Was he okay? No, no he wasn't.

The vampire was just staring at her neck and he licked his lips slowly. Fuck.

• Nervous
Reactions: Polina
Her throat bobbed as she swallowed. Her pale eyes, one blue and one green, looked into his dark ones. Ones that could swallow and eat her up. Just like those fangs of his.

Very slowly, her fingers shifted in his hair. Along his neck.

"Kieran," she whispered. She pressed her fears down. Or tried to. No.

She loved him.

She trusted him.

Perhaps foolishly so, but she did.

One hand drifted away from his neck, going to move some of her dark curls away from her own. "If you...want to. I...I want you to," she tilted her neck toward him. She didn't squeeze her eyes closed even though she wanted to. She did brace herself for the pain though.

Brie moved her hair, she tilted her neck, and she gave him permission.

Warning bells went off that this was a trap but he couldn't stop himself. No, this was exactly why he had married a human. Vampires were fun in all but you couldn't create a euphoria within a vampire and enjoy their blood.

Kieran kissed her neck before he opened his mouth over the largest vein. His fangs sank into her soft, flawless flesh and he moaned as the warm blood rushed into his mouth. She held her so tight against his chest so she couldn't run from him. Besides the prick of the fangs, she would feel nothing else but the bliss that his venom created in exchange for her blood.

She tensed before he bit. After the initial sharp prick of fangs it didn’t feel like she’d expected it to. Oh by the moon goddess. A sharp inhale through her nose as liquid fire spread through her. Her back arched in his arms. Her toes curled.

Hips rocked against him even as he held her still, well locked within his embrace.

A whimpering moan left her lips as her eyes closed. Each time she thought she was going to resurface from a wave of pleasure another would hit her and pull her under with each pull of his mouth.

Brie's response spurred Kieran on more. He had done this so many times but none of the responses had been this fucking beautiful. His wife, in his arms, allowing him to feed from her.

He got lost in her moans and stopped paying attention as he drank. He didn't want to stop. Her moans got softer though and he had remind himself that he loved her, she was his wife, he couldn't kill her, he couldn't lose her...

Kieran removed his fangs from her skin and kissed the spot softly. He pulled back from her, his eyes were glowing red and her blood was on his lips and chin.

"Brie..." He said her name softly.