Private Tales The Newlywed Game

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Kieran nodded enthusiastically at Brie's demand. He never wanted to be with anyone but her again. He hadn't in a long time. She was his world and he was so thankful that she had forgiven him.

"You don't have to worry, my love. There is no one else I want to be with except you."

Kieran slowly edged his way closer to his wife and took her hand. "I think we should have a proper wedding. No guests...just you and me committing to each other with love in our hearts."

He smiled at her before he brought her hand to his lips for a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

“A wedding where I don’t hate you?” Amused dark brows lifted. A small smile curling on her lips. Slowly, her fingers squeezed his hand back.

“I love you,” she whispered and pulled her vampire closer until her lips could claim his own.

She knew he had the power to destroy her. And no matter how scared she was of giving him her heart, he already had it.

Kieran kissed her back with every bit of love he had for the woman and once he had pulled away, he slid onto the floor next to the bed. With his hand still holding hers, he looked up into the eyes.

"Will you marry me properly, Brie Harrovian?"

He had never asked before. He had taken her as his wife and it only seemed proper to do it the right way now.

With a sly look across her bi-colored eyes she withdrew her hand from his own and scooted out of the bed. “You’re going to have to do better than that.” Standing, she waltzed to the bathroom And closed the door, leaning it a crack open.

She began filling the tub and taking off her clothes.

“Perhaps flowers next time? Maybe in front of the fire. I do like you on one knee, though.” A low, silky chuckle.

Kieran growled low but it wasn't a menacing one. It was one that held pure love. She was exasperating and he couldn't help but smile when she demanded a better proposal.

He stood and followed her into the bathroom. He leaned against the door frame and enjoyed the view immensely.

"I could just take it all back. You are already my wife after all. I suppose I could make it romantic though. You deserve nothing less than perfection."

He was done speaking but he was not done taking in the beautiful woman in front of him. He really had hit the jackpot with her.

A glance over her shoulder at his hungry gaze before she stepped into the tub. Body sliding down into the soapy-bubbly water with a happy sigh. Fingers lifted, gently scrubbing away the dried blood crusted to her neck. The part she hadn't had a chance to clean since the debacle in the carriage.

"Are you just going to watch or will you come join me?" She didn't even turn her head toward him as she asked the question. Still. Something bothered her about what he said.

"Kier, I am not a saint and I am not perfect." Her voice was quiet as she took up a bar of lavender soap.

Kieran did not need to be asked twice to get naked and join his gorgeous wife in the tub. Any man that would was an idiot. He quickly undressed and climbed into the tub opposite her. He gently lifted her legs and placed them on his left thigh.

"I did not say you were a saint or perfect, my love. I said you deserve nothing less than perfection because I love you and I want you to be happy."

His hand stroked her calf softly as he just smiled at her. "I know I am not the best husband but I will try every single day for you. Every day for the rest of your life..."

Kieran looked down after the words left his mouth. Her life. He would outlive her. His wife. The woman he loved.

Oh gods, the things he could do with his hands were magical. Her head tipped back and her eyes closed as he massaged her calf muscle. A light tickling of her toes against him as she shifted. She was glad he didn't think that. Because if he had?

She'd never be able to live up to his expectations.

She had faults. Plenty of things she needed to work on. And to find any man - vampire or no - who accepted her for everything? That was a dream she never wanted to wake up from.

Eyes cracked open at his tone. A frown on her lips. She closed the distance between them as her legs straddled him, sitting on his lap. Her wet-fingers cradled his face and lifted it gently. "I'm sorry," she whispered against him. "I love you. I just can't imagine...outliving," her voice faltered, "I can't imagine seeing my brother die," she finally admitted.

As soon as Brie had straddled him, he no longer cared around talking. He no longer worried about the future because he had now and he had her.

~~~
Kieran had no idea what time it was by the time they had finally finished emptying the tub of its precious water. Then he had tried to be a gentleman and help dry his wife off and she had ensured him that she wanted no such thing.

Now they laid in bed with the sheets pulled over them and Kieran stroked strands of her curls away from her face and onto the pillow below her. He bent over slightly and kissed her.

"So will you marry me, Brie Harrovian?"

Sure, he didn't have flowers but he thought the things he'd done to her should make up for that.

• Smug
Reactions: Polina
Eyes cracked open. She tingled and ached all over. A small smirk flickered on her lips. Toes curled slightly just thinking about what they'd done.

"Hmm," she hummed. Her fingers lifted and brushed back some of his dark, unruly hair.

"Please wait until I at least have clothes on Mister Harrovian. Perhaps ask me tomorrow?" An impish raise of her brows as she put a swift, quick kiss against the tip of his nose.

Kieran continued to ask Brie everyday and she continued to come up with excuses as to why she couldn't marry her husband. He was sure if had become a game at this point and he enjoyed it a little.

It had been two days since their fight and Kieran had kissed his wife goodbye before he went to bed for the day. She left early to go visit her brother and he did not expect her back until after dark.

The vampire woke up a little early to decorate the entry and the stairs with flowers. He was finally going to ask her with the flowers she requested. He just smiled at Seralynn as he sat in the living room reading a book while he waited for her to return.

• Aww
Reactions: Polina
Brie was exhausted. But in a good way. The visit hadn’t gone quite as planned. Her parents were mortified that she’d left her husband when he hadn’t visited with her.

But the state she found her brother in was inexcusable.

She’d nearly cracked.

But she’d resolved it. She just wasn’t sure how Kieran would react. Sighing, she opened the door of the carriage as it pulled up to what she now considered home.

She stepped out of the carriage and froze. A tired smile curled on her face. It was beautiful. Breathtaking.

“Did he do all this?” She asked Seralynn who waited outside by the door.

“Oh wow! He looooooves you,” another voice popped from the carriage as her brother stuck his dark-haired head out. A slight wobble as the crutches he always had to use clanged out of the carriage and he made it out.

Kieran had heard the carriage pulling up. He smiled as he closed his book and set down his glass of whiskey mixed with blood. It still grossed Brie out so he tried to limit it when she was around because he did, indeed, loooooooove her.

He stepped out of the large manor doors and stopped dead in his tracks. His wife was standing there looking radiant like usual and then there was...a...child. He walked down the steps to meet his wife and gathered her into a hug.

"Will you marry me now?" He asked. He knew the child was her brother and they would talk about that later. He would never send the boy away but right now he wanted his wife to finally say yes.

Her arms circled easily around her husband. His scent hitting her nose. That touch of whiskey on his breath. That familiar set of strong arms around her. She breathed him in. She'd felt drained after her visit with her parents. They'd always had that affect on her.

But with Kieran?

She felt strong and unstoppable. "I guess so," she breathed against him with a smile curled on her lips. Fingers curled to the back of his neck as she looked up at him and found his lips with her own. Kissing him with a promise of all the things they'd do together later.

Her brother rolled his eyes and made a quiet gagging noise.

Kieran would accept the I guess so from her. Their little game coming to an end with that answer.

He sunk into her kiss and didn't pull away until the gagging noises reached his ears. He chuckled lightly and gave her one quick kiss before he stepped back from his wife.

"Are you going to introduce me to our new housemate?" He asked with a wide smile.

He would be lying if he said he was not happy that her brother was here. They could finally be done with her parents now that they had her brother. That stress would be off of her.

A stern look crossed her face as she looked to her brother. But even her gaze wasn’t so hard. It always softened for him. “Timothy, this is Kieran. Kieran, meet my brother. You two might’ve have seen each other before.”

When Kieran had stopped by to claim her as his bride those many months ago.

“Oh yeah. I told my sister I would kill you if you ever hurt her.” A wide smile broke out on his tanned face. He had dark skin like Brie. A handsome smile with blue eyes and dark, curly hair. A crutch shuffled forward and leaning into one, he extended his hand.

“Glad to see it worked out and I don’t have to.”

Kieran chuckled at the bravado of the young boy - young man rather - and held out his own hand to shake Timothy's. He had a firm grip and Kieran respected that. He would be a good addition to the family...their family.

"I can guarantee you that she can handle herself. There were a few times when I was sure that she was going to kill me." He smiled and pulled Brie close to him by the waist.

The vampire placed a soft kiss on her cheek and asked quietly, "does he know?"

“It’s true. He almost died on our wedding knife but he was smart enough not to let me near any weapons.” A mock-glare at her husband even as she didn't resist his touch. His tug of her into his side. It was the simple, small gestures like that.

That made her love him all the more.

“No,” she said quietly. “It’s not my secret to share. Come on you two,” she wove her fingers through Kieran’s a tugged him along, keeping her pace slow on purpose so Timothy could keep up.

“Time to give Tim a tour and perhaps have a little chat?” Questioning gaze looked to her husband as they entered the house.

“And some food would be great,” Timothy asked eagerly.

Brie laughed. “Wait until you try Seralynn’s scones.”

Once the tour was done, the three of them gathered around the kitchen table for breakfast. That was going to cause some questions but Seralynn's scones could usually smooth over any situation.

Kieran smoothed some butter onto the fresh scone with a smile. He was so very grateful that he didn't lose his taste for food every single day. He would have no will to live this undead life.

"So what do you think of your new home, Timothy?" Kieran asked between bites of scones.

That poor boy was inhaling scones. Brie sat perched on a stool next to him, her fingers smoothing out his dark curls. He pulled away from his sister, disgruntled that she was babying him.

"It's amazing. Huge. I always thought you married up with getting to be with her but maybe," a sly smirk toward Brie. "She married up."

Brie rolled her different colored eyes and lightly smacked her brother's arm.

"Ow," he whined.

"Brie, leave the poor kid alone. His hair looks fine," Kieran admonished his wife jokingly and winked at Brie. He knew that she adored Tim and he liked seeing her doting on him but he needed to let Tim know that he had his back.

Kieran took another bite of scone and looked at Brie with a more serious face. He was not sure how to bring this up but he had learned that it was better to not hide things. Brie had some good influences on him.

"Timothy, are you scared of anything?" Kieran asked in a nonchalant tone.

Timothy managed to finish chewing his latest conquered scone. And swallow. A confused look crossed his face as he looked up at Kieran. Brie remained quiet, keeping any tells off her face. This was Kieran's story to tell. And it made her love her husband all the more for trusting her brother enough to share it. Just like he'd trusted her,

"Sure I am but that's a pretty broad question." His shoulders shrugged unsure where this was going.

He had a point. It was a broad question. Why couldn't Brie just tell him? It would be easier. He had her love before he had told her and he had still be terrified that she would run away.

"True, that is broad. Do you believe in creatures of legends? Werewolves, vampires, demons?"

The look of horror on some of the orphans faces made him grimace as he worried more about Tim's answer.

Timothy looked at Brie to see what her expression was. When she let nothing slip he returned his gaze back to Kieran. The man of the house. "I dunno," he replied honestly and stopped eating. Not even reaching for another scone this time, keeping his full attention on Kieran.

"I think it would be pretty bad ass if they were real though. Can you imagine? Who do you think would win in a fight though? A vampire or a werewolf?"

"Timothy," Brie lightly chided, mildly aghast that he'd say that.

"The vampire would win," Kieran said in the most casual tone. He spoke from experience and it did not even cross his mind that Timothy was speaking of things that he did not believe in. Kieran threw a sheepish grin at Brie and hoped he looked very innocent.

"Well Timothy..." Kieran started, "vampires and werewolves are real. There is a reason we are eating breakfast at night and it is not because Seralynn makes the best scones in the entire world..."

He let the words trail off. He would take this slow and let the information absorb.