Private Tales The Newlywed Game

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Her head popped out of the quilt as she eyed the bathroom entrance. He'd never closed the door but she could only see the towel rack from her spot on the bed anyway. She mulled over his words silently.

A smile spread along her face.

"You have me until I run away again," she teased and laughed. A brief, bright, and light sound filling the space between them. They both knew she wouldn't run away again. And she'd lawyer-argue that she hadn't the first time. She'd just...needed to make a point. And some time.

"When're you coming to bed? Do vampires even get pruny skin?" She threw more of the quilt off herself and reached for a glass of water by her side of the bed. She hated not being able to move and she was already getting antsy.

Last edited:
"We do not get pruny skin and we don't feel the cold so technically I could lay here all night in peace." He had finally started to scrub his body with the lavender soap from the edge of the tub. "I could make you sit out there wondering how astonishingly handsome I look in here naked but you are in too much pain to get up and enjoy it."

He washed his hair and ducked down to rinse it. "Or I could come out there looking just as amazing and show you how much I adore your body..."

He did adore your body. Scars and all. She was perfect. His sassy perfection of a wife. "Which would you prefer, my lady?" His voice dripped low seduction with the question.

“Who said I’m playing your game at all?” Tongue stuck out even though she knew he couldn’t see her. Even though his words sent goosebumps of anticipation along her skin. A warming beneath her belly.

And she would be lying if she said she wasn’t….grateful that he’d expressed what he had. That he adored HER body. And all its imperfections. All its humanness.

“The longer you take to come back to bed the more likely I’ll find myself out of it.”

Kieran smiled at her sarcasm. He had a feeling she had stuck out her tongue even though he couldn't see her at the moment.

"I really need to get you on my nocturnal schedule," he said as he stood up and sloshed some water out of the tub. He stepped out, grabbed the towel, and started to dry his hair and body.

Once he was satisfied, he wrapped the towel around his waist and stepped into the bedroom. "You make a compelling argument for hurrying up." He quipped as he walked over to his dresser to find some pants.

She propped herself up on her elbows as he came in. She didn't not shy away as her eyes tracked his half-naked form. "Alright," she agreed about the shift in schedule. It made sense why he'd asked for her nights long ago. Those were all he could give.

"Will you bring me something to wear? I have an idea." A sly grin spread across her lips as she sat up. Her form naked beneath the sheet she clutched around her body. "You will, of course, have to carry me down the stairs and to the art room. I hope that will not be an inconvenience, dear husband."

Kieran did carry Brie down to the art room that evening. She painted him nude while in the nude and then they made a mess of paint on another canvas. That canvas now hung above their bed and Kieran thought it was the most beautiful art he had ever seen.

Three months had passed since that night. Brie had finally set into a nocturnal-ish schedule. She still needed some daylight but for the most part, she was his all night. The two of them had made several trips into town to drop off money and school supplies to the orphanage on the extremely overcast evenings.

This evening, they were on their way into town to bring a cacophony of foods from Seralynn's oven to the orphanage. Kieran had been scolded several times already about trying to eat the delicious food and Seralynn had put Brie on guard duty with permission to kill him if he even smelled the food too long.

"I really enjoy doing this with you, Brie," Kieran said. "You have a kind heart and I love that about you."

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Polina
The carriage was packed to the brim with baskets and boxes of food. She sat across from Kieran. The space usually very dark with heavy curtains that could be pulled over the windows on either side. But right now they were open. It was overcast and soon to be dark. She didn't know how the light worked with Kieran but she knew he couldn't be in it.

One of the few weaknesses her husband had.

He was so...strong and fast, it was hard for her to imagine him having any. They'd been together months now. And she honestly couldn't imagine her life without him - even with his smug grin. But a small part of her was still scared to admit those feelings to herself, let alone to Kieran.

She reached across the short space between them and squeezed his hand. "I love...that Seralynn gave us all this food," she quickly finished. Shit, that was close.

"But saying nice things to me, dear husband, will not allow you to eat the cranberry goat cheese we brought for the children." Her other hand absently fell to her stomach. The more time they spent around the children or even dropping things off made her wonder how her daughter would've been. Which foods she might've liked. A sad smile crossed her face briefly as she looked at Kieran.

"But the children do not like goat cheese. They told me last time," the very old vampire Lord whined. He could not help that he still loved the taste of good food even if it did nothing to him nutrient wise. "They said something about it being gross and how you should definitely let Lord Kieran eat it all." He smiled his most innocent smile even though he knew that Brie was not going to buy it.

"What if I told you that you are the most beautiful woman in the world? That I think you were meant for me and you definitely do not want me to starve to death." His smile was genuine as he leaned over to kiss her softly. "I could die if I do not eat that cranberry goat cheese...die!"

"Kieran!" A huff of laughter as her fingers lifted to brush his dark hair away from his face. She leaned in and kissed him deeply, using that moment of distraction to swipe the coveted goat cheese away from his grasp and place it back in the appropriate basket.

Pulling back, she looked hesitant as the carriage began to slow.

They were almost there but she felt like she had to tell him something. She was worried about what he might say or think. But she'd rather him know. Know her. All of her.

Her smaller hands reached out to grasp his own. "There's something I have to tell you. Please don't...just listen, okay?"

She took a breath and continued before she lost the courage to do so. "Did you know I was pregnant once?"

Kieran felt himself tense at her words. He thought he knew everything about her. He knew more than she knew he knew due to Seralynn's research but nothing warranted the seriousness in her expression.

He looked down at their clasped hands and then up at her as she revealed the secret he didn't know about her. His world seemed to stop for a moment as he registered the news. Did she have a child that was missed? Did he need to kill someone for hurting her? Did she want children? He had never given it any thought.

"I had no idea. What happened?" His voice was gentle. All the joking from earlier was gone. He was serious Kieran now. Brie needed him and he was here for her.

She’d expected outrage. A sneer and a turn of his shoulder. Perhaps he’d feel betrayed. After all, ladies were held to a higher standard. They were supposed to be ‘pure’ before a marriage.

But Kieran constantly surprised her.

He wasnt making her feel ashamed.

“There was a man who worked in our stables. He was very…charming.” And Brie wondered how much of it had been a mask. Did he tell any woman what he thought they wanted to hear just so he could get what he wanted?

She released his hand, putting shame on herself. “I, foolishly, fell in love with him. We talked about starting a life together. Running away. Then one night I finally gave into his requests and we slept together. He was gone by the time I woke up.”

A frown drew on her lips. She should’ve known better. Not let her heart get taken up so easily. Perhaps Kieran would be able to see now why she’d taken things so slow with them. Been unable to let go completely and rest in his words that he truly cared for her.

“A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. My parents still were mortified. I was…excited. Surprisingly so. But after a few months something happened and she didn’t make it.”

She was trying not to cry now. To keep her voice steady. “So how can you love me? Everyone I care about I lose.”

"I will find him and kill him, Brie. Tell me his name." Kieran was angry now. How could someone hurt this beautiful creature. The rest of her words didn't even register for a few more seconds.

He pulled her into a gentle hug and ended up half pulling her onto his lap. "I am a vampire. I have lost everything I've ever cared about as well." He murmured into her dark curls before kissing her head softly.

"There is something I should tell you that did not even cross my mind until now." He was afraid she would reject him now. "I became sterile when I was turned. I can never give you children of your own..."

Brie leaned against the safety of his chest. Her head on his shoulder. Kieran continued in surprising her. Again. He hadn't been disgusted or angry. Well, angry at her. He wasn't disappointed and didn't love her less. She took a breath in against his neck, her hands playing lightly against his dark hair.

She remembered what he'd said. His sire had taken his family. And she felt a deep rumbling anger in her belly. If she could ever find a way to kill his sire, she would.

The last thing he said made her still against him. Eyes closed and she turned her face into him. She loved children. Had always envisioned having a large family one day. Sadness began to overturn her anger. And from what she'd seen of him around the kids at town, she could see Kieran had a soft spot for them too. Just like Oberon.

"Oh Kieran," was all she said as she breathed against him. As she processed what he said. She didn't pull away or try to draw away. She just remained there as her feelings worked their way through.

Kieran didn't cry but, in that moment, he wanted to. He was about to say something that was so incredibly hard for him but if kids of her own if what she wanted, he wouldn't stand in her way.

"If...if you wanted to take a human lover on the side so you could have a child of your own...I would..." Be okay with it? No. Allow it? No. He just let the words hang in the air between them. He had taken away her choices for her future so it was the least he could do.

He loved her so much that he just wanted her to be happy. If that meant that she had someone else's baby then he would accept it.

She remained silent. Curled up against him, her legs draping over one side of his legs even as the carriage came to a gentle stop. Heart twisted at his words. Even as her own...love for him grew in her chest. And that thought alone made her pause.

She loved him.

She'd never said it. And she was still scared to admit it, even to herself. But she loved Kieran Harrovian. A human loved a vampire. Dearly.

"No," head lifted finally and she pressed her lips gently against his own. A tender, soft kiss. "Maybe in the future, if we want to, we can adopt. If, that's something you want to do." Eyes lifted, searching his own dark ones.

If they weren't at their destination, Kieran would have done terribly wonderful things to his wife right then and there. This beautiful, perfect goddess that he didn't deserve made him feel things he never thought he would feel.

Love. Joy. Happiness. Love. Hope. Love.

"I would love that, Brie." He said as he kissed her again with the same gentleness. "Now, let's go feed these heathens my delicious goat cheese!" He said with a joking huff.

"There will be more goat cheese waiting for you at home," she said and gave him a soft peck on the nose before she extracted herself from his lap. Opening the carriage door, she hopped out first. And was immediately swamped by the boys of all ages.

"Miss Brie, Miss Brie! What have you brought this time? Did you hear Timmy did..AND then a lizard came to my window-AND BRIAR PICKED HIS NOSE AND ATE-MISS Brie!"

Brie smiled and began handing things out, taking time to listen to each one. Handling things like she was born to be around that many children. And the chaos.

Harold was a sucker for the goat cheese, rivaling Kieran's tastes.

Timmy loved any food and liked to hear the stories Brie told.

Briar was a little more reserved and stuck to the back of the crowds.

The headmaster came up, ringing his hands and going to help unload the boxes from the back of the carriage, sputtering his thanks to Lord Kieran.

Kieran loved watching Brie with the children. She lit up with a joy that he couldn't give her. She was happy with him but this was something more. This was the most pure love and that desire to help these children. He couldn't help but smile as he watched her.

The headmasters thank yous took him out of his thoughts. He nodded and told the headmaster that it was an honor to help. He had more money than he knew what to do with so giving back was a small penance he could make.

He smiled at the kids as he drew closer to Brie.

A little girl looked up and pulled on Lord Harrovian's pants. Two little grubby hands lifted in a pick me up gesture. She loved it when the Lord gave her piggy-back rides and she was just wondering why he was taking so long in picking her up this time.

Brie just smiled and shook her head, her own hands taken over by two of the lads as they led her and the others into their small mess hall. Food was being set and the mis-matching silverware and plates were being pulled out. The kids would eat a small feast now and have plenty of food to last them the next few weeks.

Brie sat with the two little boys and helped cut their meat.

She kept peeking up at Kieran, smiling, as she thought about him being a father one day. Even if it was to children they couldn't have themselves.

Kieran picked Macie up without a word of protest and swung her onto his back. The little blonde was his favorite and the one he would adopt if he wasn't scared of the day she would die while he lived forever. That was what kept him from taking home half of the kids every time he came to the orphanage.

Kieran eventually sat Macie down at the table with a smile and a kiss on the top of her head. He whispered something to her and she giggled wildly. He stood back against the wall and watched the kids. He loved helping them and being here. If the Headmaster would accept more help than food, Kieran would have given him all the money he had to make this place the best orphanage for these kids.

Brie always felt like their time at the orphanage she went too fast. Dinner, clean up, and story time. Then the kids were tucked into their bunks. For Brie, it was now her morning with her new schedule on Kieran’s time. She was finally adjusted.

By the time she and Kieran left and went back toward the carriage it was nearly midnight.

Their lunchtime.

Brie’s fingers wove through his own as they walked toward the waiting carriage.

“What’s on your mind, Kier?”

"Just thinking about the day that I lose you and any kids we adopt..." He said honestly. It was probably the biggest worry he had. The only serious worry really. She squeezed her hand as they approached the carriage and he opened the door for her. A small box fell out and he caught it easily with one hand.

"Oh, I thought I forgot this!" He said and kissed Brie quickly. "It's a stuffed wolf for Macie. Let me go run it into the Headmaster."

Kieran ran back towards the orphanage to deliver the box.

Brie smiled fondly as Kieran went back inside. A slight shake of her head as she turned back to the carriage door. About to open it, she paused, hearing a rustling in the dark woods just shy of where the flickering street lights could reach. A flash of movement and then she felt a sharp prick against her throat, a flash of steel catching the dim light.

A rough, gloved hand snaked around her middle and pulled her against a hard, decidedly male body.

A puff of sour breath against her ear and face as a gravelly voice whispered against her. "I bet you'd fetch a pretty price for the Lord. Don't you think Tim?"

A grunt of agreement from her right as an archer stepped into view, its arrow knocked in the direction where Kieran had gone. She tried to struggle against him as she was dragged backwards. A gauntlet hand covered her mouth so she couldn't scream.

So, she bit down on it and yelled.

A curse at her back. "Fuk, kitten has claws." The knife dug further into her throat. "Try that again." As he propelled her backwards. Their carriage driver was nowhere to be seen. Had they already killed him? Was it a double cross?

Kieran heard the yell and his entire world slowed down as he whipped his head back towards the door. That was Brie. He would know the sound of her voice anywhere. He told the Headmaster to stay put and ran out the door. He saw his wife being drug back away from the carriage and there were two men there.

He saw the arrow and shifted into mist as it flew in his direction with a hiss. Kieran reformed as a wolf and attacked the archer with both teeth and claws making contact with his form. He ripped the man apart as the man screamed and begged.

There was no thought in his mind of the children and the Headmaster witnessing this.

She jabbed a sharp elbow backwards and slammed her foot down on her captor's boot. She felt the knife slide and slice against her neck as she pulled away. Adrenaline fueling her. Seeing Kier fight fueling her. Twisting back toward the one who tried to reach out and grab her again, she got her fingers around the hilt of one of her throwing knives and charged, burying the steel deep into the man's gut.

"You BITCH!" He swore and tried to jab her with the knife that had sliced her neck moments before.

Brie managed to dodge even as his free hand reached for her. Twisting at her waste, she threw one of her remaining knives at the archer trying to fight Kieran.