Open Chronicles The Mountain Queen and the Dragon Valley

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Esmeralda

Queen Of Routé
Character Biography
Link
The Kingdom of Rotue had been under the great yet soft leadership of King Abraham Le Roux, now a new legacy had started to develop - that was the legacy of Princess Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux, first born daughter to the King and his Queen, eldest child and the future ruler of Rotue.

The Princess was yet to receive her personal guard, her father would announce her proclaimed shadow at tonights ball; a celebration of Esmeralda's 19th birthday. In the corner of her bed chamber, in a stuffed material bed lay her dragons egg. In about a week it would hatch. Esmeralda still needed to choose her personal trainer by then, even decide on a name.

Tonight not only would she be announced officially as the heir to the throne, she would also be meeting her suitors. Esmeralda always believed she would be able to rule alone, she would marry for the sake of her own heirs one day. Until that day came, her new husband would be nothing but a political puppet.

Esmeralda went and sat in front of her vanity as one of her ladies maids began combing out her hair. Why would it be any other way? The Princess thought to herself, she had been preparing for this since the day she was born. Yes, she would marry for either love or a political alliance but most definitely not for someone to guide her in the ways of ruling her home.

While the Princess prepared for the evening to come, the entire kingdom was in full swing. Nobles and Merchants rolled into the kingdom. The palace servants were all running around like chickens without a head, the kitchen cooking a grand feast, the servants setting up the throne room, musicians testing their instruments. The was barely a chance for anybody to breath.

Oh wow. Ash lets out a sigh as he entered for the ball. His sources told him of a woman with a dragon egg in her care, but she was a princess. And since Ashieron was a dragon keeper, and their defacto leader he felr as though he should go and see if this dragon was going to be safe in her care.

The elf watches as all the other people move around him as they scramble to prepare for the ball. He had a reather elegant robe in with gold embroidered into his shoulder and chest piece, the dark blue and dark red complimented it so. He notces a few of the ither nobles had some rather uncomfortable garments on and the elf just couldn’t imagine him wearing anything else. The idea was repulsive. He was happy in his normal robes. Behind him a few other dragon keepers followed.

When he got to the ball room he would wait and watch as other guests enter. If any of them were of ill intent and he found out he and his dragons (Who were away from the party to not spark any worry or panic) and keepers would make short work of the contentder.

Sung Na was no suitor. No, he was a foreign emissary, a warlord in truth, lording over a province in the east. He had already secured a number of alliances and trade agreements, and here he came seeking another one. He came to this small kingdom not as conqueror nor as suitor nor vassal, but as friend and trade partner. With him was a total of ten men, two were driving two small chest-carts drawn by horses, each carrying an abundance of offerings in goodwill and samples of trade resources. Bamboo, jade, silk, rice and a few other things.

He approached the city gates at the head of his small procession, and announced to the guards his intentions.

“I come as an emissary, I bring offerings!”

The royal guard saw the party of men aproaching. They seemed to be one unit. Two guards went out to meet the man who made his proclamation.

One was an older guard, the other, seemed to be in training. The older one, with thinning hair and a large sword at his side spoke, his voice deep, "Who approaches and Is our queen aware of your arrival?"

Silently the younger guard counted the amount of men in the company. Tonight would be a historical event. They could not afford any disruptions. Many royals, merchants, emissaries, suitors and even towns people had passed through the gates today. None though with such large a company. The guards had to stop and ask a question or too.

Dane Greymane and the representatives of the White Moon Clan were ushered in as recognized allies of the kingdom. The wolf people were lead to a place where they would wait for the ceremony of binding, where the princess will officially receive her wolf guardian.

This was a solemn duty, a ritual to bind the life of the princess to the life of the guardian, that he would protect the princess and die in her defense should the need arise. If her life were to ever end before that if her guardian, then he too will perish with the extinguishing of her life. He will be her shield, her last line of defense, such is his vows and such has been the focus of his entire life.

He waited, a servant will inform the princess and then tell them when the ceremony shall begin. And thus shall he continue the sacred tradition of service to the Le Roux bloodline.

Night had fallen and with this, all those who were invited were in the great hall. It was beautiful with its marbel floors and sleek, white, interior.
aba21d9b0171a63bdce0af73b8327f52.jpgc987ca19d7929104ba88f9f56bc55497.jpg

Trumpets sounded and a royal announcer stepped forwards.
"Now announcing the arrival of Princess Esmerelda Sophia Le Roux, first of her name. First born of King Abraham Le Roux II and Queen Marcella Le Roux - may she rest in peace."

The princess was a picture of beauty and elegance. Her ash blonde hair was in a glamorous up do, two strands had been curled an left loose to frame her face. Her gown was a dusty blue, decorated by gold coloured lace.

945545924db87268bbea623b1be450af.jpg
She made her way up the steps to her throne, turned and faced her subjects.

"Good evening all. I would like to extend a hear tfelt thank you to all of the nobles, emissaries, subjects, merchants, suitors and friends who have journied to Rotue to join us in the celebration of my 18th Birthday."

With a wave of the hand a company of musicians took their places and began to play softly.
" Please, have a drink be merry, the formalities will begin shortly." Esmerelda moved to take her place on her throne. Silently watching the crowd below her. Wondering who had come and for what purpose.

Attachments

• c987ca19d7929104ba88f9f56bc55497.jpg
    c987ca19d7929104ba88f9f56bc55497.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
  • aba21d9b0171a63bdce0af73b8327f52.jpg
    aba21d9b0171a63bdce0af73b8327f52.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 0
"Who approaches and Is our queen aware of your arrival?"

“I have sent a letter in advance yes, but whether she has read it I do not know. I am Sung Na, Warlord of the Eastern Province Xian Kin. I come with offerings of peace and trade to your queen.” He said from atop his horse. “If this is an inopportune time, I may return later if I must.”

The men were silent and disciplined, the men not driving carts were on horseback, wearing mountain pattern armor much like Sung Na’s, and each carried a ji polearm and a Jian sword. Sung Na had a heavy saber sheathed at his left hip, and carried no polearm. His horse was tall and black, majestic and strong. Definitely a horse bred for war. “Will you allow us to pass?”

The guards looked between each other. The older one spoke, "Very well, you may pass. The ball has began, outside the castle entrance awaits member of the wolf guard. They will decide how many of your men will be allowed to enter the ball alongside you."
The guards stepped aside. Allowing Sung Na and his men to pass.

The guards looked between each other. The older one spoke, "Very well, you may pass. The ball has began, outside the castle entrance awaits member of the wolf guard. They will decide how many of your men will be allowed to enter the ball alongside you."
The guards stepped aside. Allowing Sung Na and his men to pass.

“Many thanks. I’ll be sure to have them, and myself, enter the ball unarmed.” He said grateful. He and his small convoy approached the castle gate, and he left his saber with his remaining men, while four of them helped carry the two chests up. He put his fist to his palm and bowed to the wolf guard. “Greetings. I come bearing gifts and a proposition. May we enter?”

A tall powerfully built creature with short grey fur and many criss crossing scars met them at the palace entrance. He wore plate armor with the king's coat of arms emblazoned on the breastplate and a longsword was sheathed at his hip. He took a wide commanding stance with arms folded across his chest while his multicolored brown and blue eyes scanned them critically and his nose memorized their scent, his tail was stiff and his ears were erect and alert for any sign of threat.
The wolf guard was far more cautious than any of the human guards, taking a long time before addressing the foreigners.

"The princess has received your advanced letter. Leave all weapons with the steward and submit your offering to inspection, you will be granted entry and your weapons will be returned to you when you leave."
This was the command of the dying king's personal wolf guard. The other human guards present moved to carry out his orders.

Once everything was done and the offering examined and tested for threats physical and magical they would be allowed to proceed unarmed.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Focraig'Diin
"The princess has received your advanced letter. Leave all weapons with the steward and submit your offering to inspection, you will be granted entry and your weapons will be returned to you when you leave."

He bowed in acknowledgment, he expected no less, and if it came Tom violence, which he highly doubted, he didn’t need a weapon. Once he left his weapons with the steward, and his men did the same, and the gifts were inspected, they entered, the gifts would prove completely harmless.

He entered, his armor making no real noise, neither did the armor of his men, who carried the chests. They entered the ballroom and he questioned a servant of the proper conduct in presenting gifts.

Those whom stood guard at the gates felt the subtle chill in the air, a shift in the wind. Even though it was a merry day, full of warmth and celebration, it seemed there was always one whose presence would bring ill tidings. Almost as if it were a law of the world. They would stand on guard, attentive eyes looking for those whom would dare disrupt such a grand ceremony.

....Why had he been roped into this?

'Because you are short on coin. And this was the best to make big money on short notice.'

He did not like this voice of reason today - Any other time he would have been said voice of reason, but here he was on an endeavor he hadn't been doing since his days in Amol-Kalit, far before that upstart giant Gerra had taken the throne. Every step on these stones left a small patch of ice - not enough to slip over, but to a mage's eye, those trails could be seen clear as day. But they faded as soon as they came, swept away by a breeze.

Sloppy, inexperienced, uncontrolled - these would describe Focraig'Diin's skill as a mage, from an outside glance. The reality was far from it, though the mage himself would claim otherwise. A consequence of his upbringing, combined with the... esoteric nature of his particular craft brought about some... mild alterations to both his body and the ambient air through which he tread.

One such trait which he was to employ here, at the behest of one the chefs presiding over this whole affair. Grand ceremony this, and he could understand why. From what he had heard, the heiress to the throne had apparently possessed the egg of a dragon.

He was getting off topic, as he approached the city gates. And grimaced as he noticed the men's apprehensive stares, looking for a threat that wasn't really here at all. Well, the cold could be traced to him, so he had better nip this in the bud quickly.

Approaching them, hood lowered and exposing navy blue eyes that gleamed with magic, he held out the letter of permit he had received. The signature was legit, he hoped.

"Greetings. I was hired to be an... assistant at the grand ball."

Of course, by assistant he meant, 'Glorified mead/beer/rum and who knows what else refreshments cooler', but that was for the guests to know. Not the guards out here.

entered the ballroom and he questioned a servant of the proper conduct in presenting gifts

Servents dressed in formal clothing stood at the doorway, they explained to the man that the princess would announce when formal introductions would take place during the ball, and that until such time they were to enjoy the festivities.

eld out the letter of permit he had received. The

Meanwhile, the guards read the letter they were presented. Signalled someone at the towers, a young man, dressed in normal servents clothing made his way down.

"Come with me, we will go to the kitchens and asses your goods."

The ball had been well underway for about an hour.
Esmerelda stood from her seat on the throne, she seemed to almost glid to the top of the short staircase.
Raising to peite hands in the air, the band stopped and the room fell silent.

" Once again, I would like to thank you all for joining us here at such a festive celebration." Esmerelda cupped her hands together and placed them infont of her pelvis. "As many of you are aware, the Le Roux bloodline made an allience many years ago. When a new leader is to take the throne, they from a blood bond with a member of the White Moon Clan. In exchange we give them protection and resources whenever they need.

This evening I shall be forming my own bond." Esmerelda looked to Dane Greymane, a conceled smile crossed her lips.
" Whats the ritual is over, each merchant, emissary, mage, suitor and political figure whom would like a word may come forward."

Servents brought through the items needed for the ritual, placing them infront of the Princess.
"Dane Greymane," she turned now fully to him, "If you will."

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
pleace know that you can take charge of NPC if ts needed, ie sendimg off a servent or anything like that. I just write for them because sometimes its needed. Like the guard at the gate. I have no claim on them so feel free if its needed to wrtie for one of them.

Vampire Lord Nosdyn arrived at her Kingdom from his own palace approximately a month earlier.

He was invited by the local nobles directly and would respect their house's rules, as long as they respected his own.

The palace had a ball party of some sort.

Nosdyn didn't know Human customs that well but he was learning swiftly. The blind Vampire Lord greeding people who greeted him with respect.

One Lord walked up to him and asked him: "From where do you hail from my lord?"

Nosdyn looked at the man and bowed politely. Nosdyn was notably larger than most of the guests being a Blue Orc before he was turned into a Vampire many years prior.

"I am Lord of House Skotadi." The blind Vampire said calmly.

"I see..." The other lord said calmly. "If you require any refreshments while here in the party feel free to ask any of the servants." The lord walked off, frightened.

Skotadi meant Fear.

Nosdyn grabbed a chalice with a strong human ale from one of the servant's trays and walked off to a side balcony. The place was crowded...there were many heat signatures.

He could hear the noise of the music and people dancing and having a good time...Nosdyn felt out of place there but dark deeds happened in that kingdom just like in his own House.

He drank the ale from his chalice and carefully observed the gathered. He was learning their local clan symbols and matters like that. In the mean time he quietly observed. He would entertain the princess when the time came...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dane and the representatives of the White Moon Clan stood off to the side during the celebration. They were out of place here, wolf men that live in the wilderness now in the heart of civilization.
They took no food or drink, especially Dane Greymane. He had been fasting for five days with only a little water and his fast wasn't to end until the completion of the ceremony.
He had already undergone intense preparations for this day, and now the time was finally upon them.

"As many of you are aware, the Le Roux bloodline made an allience many years ago. When a new leader is to take the throne, they from a blood bond with a member of the White Moon Clan. In exchange we give them protection and resources whenever they need.
This evening I shall be forming my own bond."

"Dane Greymane,"
"If you will."
He and the representatives stepped forward to the dias in front of the throne and the princess. The representatives unpacked the ritual items and began setting up.
They drew a magical circle on the floor where many such circles were drawn before, accompanied by symbols and runes. In the middle of the circle in front of the princess was placed a stone bowl engraved with more runes and symbols.

Dane stepped into the circle and went to one knee with his tail straight out on the floor behind him, bowing his head before the princess.
An elderly wolf began the ritual.
"Princess Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux, heiress of the Le Roux family and bearer of the pure royal bloodline. Long ago your ancestors saved our clan from utter destruction, and we have never ceased to repay that debt. We come here now to renew our vows and to once again repay the kindness of your ancestors."
The other wolves had gathered around the outside of the circle and one led her to stand inside it with Dane, but she wasn't to kneel, she was to remain standing proud as the master should over her servant. Dane didn't lift his head or shift his position, but he did look up to her with his blue eyes.
"I have been elected of my people to serve as your sword and your shield, having been purified of body and soul to serve your sacred bloodline in the fulfilling of the ancient vows. I am Dane, called the Greymane in honor of the wisdom I have been blessed with. I now give my whole life to you, Princess Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux. Ask of me and it shall be done, command of me and it shall be carried out."

The elder brought forth two thorny rose stems and handed one to the princess and the other to Dane. He gripped it hard and let his blood drip into the bowl. As soon as a single drop of her blood joined his in the bowl the elder wolf will mutter an arcane spell, as soon as it came into effect the essence of the blood rose up and went into both of them, the magic circle flashed and vanished.
"This fulfills our ancient vows. This guardian will protect you and all of yours until death. We are honored to bear this sacred duty."

With that the ceremony was concluded. The representatives collected the materials and then went to join the celebration.
Dane remained kneeling but he looked up at her fully, his long tail began swishing from side to side on the floor.
"My life is now yours, my princess. I will die to see you live. All I ask in return is that I be allowed to be at your side."

Last edited:
The ceremony was one of stories been passed down for years. For her to experience it was beyond comparison to what she had heard. She felt at one witb Dane.
"Dane, please stand and join me at my side." Esmerelda extended her hand and Dane rose, standing at her side.
"I am aware of your fast, please do not feel you need to any longer, fill your belly, your men aswell."

Esmerelda turned to her guests. "Please, continue the festivities. If any of you wish for a private audience, do not hesitate to step forward. Once all who need have spoken, I shall join you and your dance partners." Esmerelda clapped twice, the band began and everyone began dancing and conversing once again.

The princess turned to one of her servants standing near by," please fetch Sir Greymane a chalice and plate."

loose turn order, once i post, we each post once after, so everyone has a chance, then ill post again after everyone has posted ect
So i post once, then everybodh gets one post turn. Once everybody has posted then I will post.So say now im the start. And then once everybody has posted once then i post and we continue like that
Dane Greymane
ArchNemesis
Sung Na
Focraig'Diin
Ashieron

Last edited:
Sung Na had little experience with Western dancing, the most experience he had was a short lesson with one of the women at another ball he had gone to for diplomacy. He was absolutely atrocious at it, so he stayed on the side, and watched others dance. He would learn, eventually, but for now he would watch.

He didn’t eat, he didn’t drink, he simply walked about the edges, spoke to a few people, and just mingled. He wasn’t the most fluent in common, but he spoke well enough.

He was immediately led into a grand room he had never, ever, seen. He was not the most social of his kind, and he had not the experience of touring the vast halls of the Elbion College, so this huge structure came as quite the shock. How was he supposed to cater to everyone here?

"Ah yes, you must be the mage we requested."

He should have taken the other offer with the another princess, whose heart was reputed to be made of ice. Bah, it would have little difference in his mannerisms. On to business.

The burly chap was quite eager for his services, with a round belly, a pristine white apron, and a lopsided chef's hat held up in a haphazard way atop the cook's head.

Was this man really one of the palace cooks? Or a simple assistant in the castle's butchery? Such girth, such size!

"Yes, I am. Here to offer my skills and talents wherever they are needed." Replied the mage, hiding his despair at the situation.

The cook directed him to a section of this grandiose area, where the liquid refreshments were held.

"Simply chill these beverages until the guests come for a taste."

Oh bother!

A white banner with a blue device fluttered in the wind, tied to the lance of white knight on a splendid white war horse.
The paladin led a company of similarly adorned knights on horseback, their lances held high with their banners on full display. The twenty paladin knights of the royal army rode detail for the Frozen Princess and her entourage which consisted of three carriages that were also decorated white with the blue device.

Helia Glacies Kyxo rode in the middle carriage with her handmaidens while the other two bore trusted nobles of her court, some even with ties to this city.
The ice princess stared out the window as their company passed through the gates, their sigil being recognized immediately by the guards who let them through without delay. The city was truly impressive, it had been years since she'd seen it last... The last time she was here her mother and brother were still alive and... Her betrothed...
Her and Esmeralda had grown apart since then, and Helia could never bring herself to face her childhood friend... But today to princess of Mardania came to visit the princess of Rotue. She tried to summon a smile at the thought of seeing her friend again, but it was as if she had physically forgotten how to move her face that way.

While her handmaidens silently watched out of respect and not wanting to interrupt her thoughts, they watched as the frozen princess tried to push up the corners of her mouth in an attempt to smile, but her lips simply wouldn't stay up.
Helia gave up with a sigh. If anyone would understand her it was Esmeralda...

The company of white clad knights and nobility finally pulled up to the castle and dismounted or stepped out of their carriages.
The paladin captain bowed and offered the princess his arm as she descended the carriage steps to the floor. They had finally arrived and Helia Glacies Kyxo will finally face her friend for the first time since the death of their mutual love interest.

A noble with her entourage offered his arm and she rested her hand on him, allowing him to escort her while the castle steward led them to the ballroom. They were all checked for weapons by the kings wolf guard and the knights remained outside to keep their arms.
Before long her and her own contingent of noble men and women were shown in to join the celebration. The steward announced them as they entered.
"My lady and honored guests. I present to you Princess Helia Glacies Kyxo of Mardania."
Helia stepped forward into the hall, her gaze immediately finding the eyes of Esmeralda.
Just the sight of her friend would have made her heart ache and bring tears to her eyes... But she was immune to such pain now and her face remained totally passive.
She approached the throne, still being escorted by the noble, and gave a formal curtsey.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Ashieron motioned the other dragon keepers away to do their own little thing. And so the did. Some of them found a dance partner, others found solace in getting drunk right off the bat, and one somehow already found a huge plate of food... there was always one of them around. Two stayed next to their "leader" as a sort of precaution and mostly because they had their own strengths they could lend Ash if need be.

Ashieron himself though, he was on the diplomacy side of things, and in such he approaches the princess and gives her a bow. Only the most elegant of bows an elf could achieve. Why were such things always so full of curtisey to an elf who would probably only live in her late hundreds? If they were immortal beings then he saw no issue in such trival manorisms. But to take the knee or even bow to someone who is much younger then yourself was something that would always urk the elf.

That one reason was they he did not want to be called the dragon keepers' leader. He set up things so he would not be treated any differently and he made sure no one had to bow to him and that they were treated as equals.

Sung Na was here it seemed, and his nephew did not tally in his description of the tradesman. It was rather spot on for that matter. Something he was proud of.

"My lady." He greets the princess of the throne with a warm welcoming smile with an accent that was more anciet then most peoples now day. It had a slight roughness to it from the draconic he spoke so often but also the ancient elvish and some common mixed into the accent.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux

• Yay
Reactions: Helia Glacies Kyxo