Fable - Ask The Hidden Isle

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Raphael hesitated a moment whilst his mind replayed her words and analysed the tone underneath them. Humour, she was joking, he assured himself and went back to eating. The thought of the other Shucks hurting her had seized him in a moment of horror, fear and anger. It was not a combination he was used to feeling and he felt a little shaken from it, though let the mood of the meal soothe him once more.

"Your secret is safe with me," he intoned in what he hoped was an equally humorous tone though it probably missed the mark completely. Maybe he would have to borrow that book of jokes Sid was so fond of and learn how to make less... grim ones. "I'll need to fly us there but it shouldn't take too long, then we can spend the day there if you wish."

Samara grinned at Raphael when he reassured her of his secret keeping skills. She ate a few more bites and nodded enthusiastically at the fact that they would spend the day there. "I didn't pack a swimsuit, Raph," she said with a smirk. She had purposely forgotten to pack one...on accident. "But I am sure we can figure something out," she winked at him.

Samara knew he would get flustered and that just brought her more joy as she ate some more. He was so cute when he stammered and tried to work out her sarcasm. "Also, I like flying with you so I do not mind whatever the length of the trip is. I am sure you get tired from carrying me after a while though."

• Sip
Reactions: Raphael
Raphael's hands tightened on his cutlery, the fork half way to his mouth when she issued her next bombshell. No... bathing... suit... Again his mind had to work like a frantic hamster in a wheel to work out that she was teasing. Shucks didn't need swimsuits, of course. You're an idiot, he chastised himself and finished raising the fork of food to his mouth and swallowing.

"It barely registered," he shrugged, his wings flexing out then pulling in slowly to his back in an exercise of control. "When we are young we are trained to carry heavy loads for long distances."

Too bad Samara was not joking this time. She hadn't packed a swimsuit. She would be in her small clothes or naked or in her canine form. She preferred the nude but Raphael might have a coronary.

She took another bite and nodded at his words. She only knew snippets of his past but he always seemed to grow grim when he talked about it so she tried not to ask. She just wanted to hold him and protect him from those memories and nightmares.

As she finished eating, she sat back in her chair and smiled wide. "That was really good. Thank you. Thank you for breakfast, thank you for bringing me here, thank you for trusting me."

• Yay
Raphael raised his brow at the sudden torrent of thank yous.

"You don't need to say thank you," he shook his head with a smile then finished up the last few bites of his own meal. "Especially when you haven't suffered the whole trip with me yet," he laughed under his breath then pushed back his chair and stood to clear away the plates.

"Have you got everything ready that you want to take today? Did you want to take some of your art supplies?" he'd be quite content to lounge in the sands whilst she painted if that was what she desired.

"Suffer is a strong word. I obviously enjoy your company and I haven't wanted to murder you yet," she gave him a what're you gonna do expression and shrug.

Raphael started to clear the plates as he spoke again. "I do, I packed a bag and I did include a sketchpad and some colored pencils. I figured you would be content to relax if I wanted to draw some." She smiled at him as she rose from her chair.

"Let me just go change into some real clothes and grab my bag," Samara disappeared and returned a few minutes later. She had decided to change things up for the beach. She wore a light blue off the shoulder dress that would catch the wind and flow beautifully on the beach.

"I can tie it when she fly," she said quietly in reference to the dress. "But I am ready!"

Last edited:
  • Aww
Raphael found himself unable to speak. He was so used to her in dark colours and practical clothes he had never imagined her in anything but. Yet now... now he wasn't sure if he ever wanted to see her in anything other than... this.

"N-no I," he coughed to clear his throat and then rubbed the back of his neck. "No, I think you'll be fine. We'll be up too high," he explained and glanced away from her with heat in his cheeks. He snatched up his own satchel of supplies for the day which included food for whilst they were there, then motioned for her to follow him to the terrace.

"Ready?" he asked one last time before picking her up in his arms, spreading his wings and rocketing them into the sky.

• Smug
Reactions: Samara Khalid
Samara was sufficiantly smug at his reaction as she hoisted her bag onto her shoulder. She was always in dark colors and she liked it that way but this vacation needed something new. Something to go with her mood - happy and light.

She followed him onto the terrace and before she could assure him that she was ready, he had scopped her into his arms and took off.

She loved flying with him. She thought that every single time because it was amazing every single time. She smiled as the wind caught her hair and her dress. This was so much better than running. "This is amazing. Much better than running!" She said with that smile still plastered on her face.

• Aww
Raphael laughed and glanced down at her briefly to savour the smile on her face, before training his eyes once more on the horizon. It wasn't often he came into contact with another fae who could fly but the chances went up in Endora; many puca of his tribe now called this place a sanctuary. And his people liked to fly.

"I'm not sure, that run back at the waterfall was pretty fun," he mused to himself.

It was not a long flight, perhaps just shy of an hour, before the coastline came back into view and a long strip of almost white sand. Raphael dipped his wings and then carefully circled before coming in to land, his feet sinking into the beach up to his ankles. He set her down and gently turned her towards the azure ocean which lapped pleasantly against the shore.

"Welcome to the Lands End beach."

"It was fun," she commented back, "but not this fun." Samara smiled at him before she went back to enjoying his arms around her and the views.

Her breath caught as she looked out onto the perfect water. The sky, the water, and even the sand begged to be painted and she would have to bring more supplies next time.

"It is beautiful," she set her bag down on the sand and started towards the clear blue water that was lapping up onto the beach. Her feet sunk into the wet said and she just sighed happily when the next wave came in. "Is everything here so perfect?" She turned her head back to look at Raphael and ask the question.

• Smug
Raphael laughed softly and he tugged his eyes away from the horizon back down to her - a task that wasn't hard at all.

"It's just untouched," there were large swathes of this world that were just as perfect because they simply hadn't been found and ruined yet. People were what ruined things like this in his opinion. "It is partly why Lorcan wants to be so... careful with how many people live here. He doesn't want to lose these places," which they would if it became too overpopulated.

The dress blew in the light breeze and the slit opened slightly to expose her long legs. She reached back to pull her hair into a ponytail at the same time she turned to look back at Raphael.

"Makes sense," Samara said as she walked back towards her puca. "If I had a home here, I don't think I would ever leave. I would fake my death and disappear forever. Start a new life." She smiled as she came to stand in front of him.

"This view isn't bad either," she said as she looked Raphael up and down with a smirk.

• Popcorn
Raphael's smile merely grew and his eyes rose to look out at the sea.

"It's one of my favourite views, too," he said, as the point sailed entirely over his innocent head. He bent then to begin undoing the laces on his boot and slipping them free. "Would you like to go for a swim or draw first?" he enquired as he then proceeded to take off his shirt and lay it in a pile with his boots. He wriggled his toes in the sand like a small child with obvious glee. There was none of the hidden shadows of concern on his face as there had been at the waterfall. Here, he was at home. Here, he clearly felt safe.

Samara almost rolled her eyes at how adorably oblivious Raphael was when she was flirting with him.

"Swim!" She said with a smile. She felt slightly bad that she didn't bring a swimsuit. Slightly.

The shuck followed suit in taking off her shoes. She had opted for some simple sandals instead of her usual boots. Boots and dresses were weird together...especially on the beach. She reached up and pulled one of her arms out of her off the shoulder sleeve. The other arm followed and the dress dropped to the sand.

Samara Khalid was not wearing anything under her dress.

• Scared
Raphael's eyes all but bugged out of his head. If seeing her in the dress had been bad then this...

"Swim," he whispered and turned to stumble towards the water. After a few steps he managed to regain his footing and pick his mind out of the gutter. He should have been a gentleman and stopped at the town so she could have got something, though she didn't seem to care. That was... good, right? As long as the lady was happy...

He was so busy thinking about what he should or shouldn't have done that the puca tripped over a shell and went hurtling face first into the salt sea surf.

• Smug
Samara felt terrible about his reaction. She should have gotten a swimsuit but she is a terrible person. She instinctively rushed to his side and bent down to help him up.

"I am so sorry, Raph. I shouldn't have..."
Now she felt self conscious. For the first time in her very long life really. She looked down and held out a hand to help him up.

"I am going to shift and then you don't have to...see me..." Her voice trailed off as heat rose in her cheeks. She was such an idiot.

• Stressed
Raphael accepted the help and sand slid from his face and chest as he sat up in the low surf he had landed in. He picked a bit of seaweed out of his hair and then shook his head.

"It's... it's not that I don't..." his whole face turned a horrific beetroot shade of purple. This was not the type of conversation a man ought to have with a lady. Especially not a lady he liked. He silently prayed for the ground beneath him to open up and swallow him whole. He awkwardly crawled further out to sea.

"It's just... not how I was taught to be around women."

Without another word, the air shifted around Samara and she shifted into her gigantic dog form. She bounded into the water and jumped into an incoming wave. The water hit her face and rolled over her fur. As the wave receded, she shook her massive body. The water flew everywhere and she eventually just sat in the surf with her tail wagging back and forth in the wet sand.

She looked out into the water with her back to the shore as she mentally scolded herself for being so fucking forward. She closed her eyes and breathed steadily as the water washed against her paws and legs.

• Cry
Well done, Raph...

He could hear Sid's scorn, could visualise the eyeroll from Lorcan and he stifled a sigh. Did the Shucks not treat each other in this way or had he been taught wrong? If he followed Lorcan's lead then he certainly was wrong, but his adopted mother had always said it was he who was the real gentlemen amongst her sons friends and her adopted sons.

He thought to swim after her then paused, an idea overcoming him, and he rushed back to their things instead. Soon he returned with the squeaky yellow ball and with a wobbly smile, praying she would forgive him enough to play. Waving it once and squeaking it he then hurled it as far along the beach as he could.

• Aww
Squeak. Squeak.

Samara's ears pricked back at the sound of her beloved ball. Raphael was apologizing in his way even though she was the one who had made things weird. She slowly turned her head to stare at him as her mouth spread into the predatory smile of a wolf dog.

And then her puca...he threw it. He threw the ball. He had thrown the ball. The ball was flying through the air. The ball needed her to hurry the fuck up and get it. Samara took off running in the direction of the amazing yellow orb.

She saw it was going to hit the sand and she sped up. She couldn't let the ball hit the sand! That was unacceptable!

Samara leaped forward and caught the ball in her mouth. She then started squeaking it immediately and running around the beach to keep it away from Raphael.

• Haha
Raphael's smile crept back unknowingly to take up residence on his face once more as he watched her run along the beach after the ball. It seemed that whatever wedge he had begun to drive between them with his own stupid reactions was being deftly removed now. He clapped in shared joy when she caught it before it hit the sand and laughed as she began to run with it. Until...

"H-hey! You're meant to give it back!" he laughed and took off after her.

"I can't throw it again if you don't drop it!"

Samara knew what she was doing. She was a shuck but she wasn't fully a dog. Those tendencies just seemed to carry over into fae form and they were stronger in her canine form.

She danced around the sand playing a game of keep away that Raphael had not signed up for. She would let him get close and then she would take off again. The squeaking never stopped. It was enough to drive someone crazy.

Samara finally gave in and dropped the ball in the sand. She laid down on her belly and wagged her tail. The shuck let Raphael get close enough to pick up the ball and she jumped on him. They were roughly the same height when she was in her canine form. She took him down onto his back (giving him a chance to adjust his wings) and then laid down again with her furry head on his chest.

"Thank you," she said and fought the urge to lick him.

• Haha
Oof.

Raphael hit the sand with a thud when he fell into her artfully planned trap. He was still smiling like a fool as she settled herself on his chest and he found his hand raising quite of its own accord to gently run down her fur. Such a simple thing, chasing a ball, but it had been the most fun he had had in... well. Months. Seasons.

"You're most welcome," he murmured softly and folded his spare arm behind his head to act as a pillow whilst he continued to stroke her soft black fur.

Samara closed her huge grey eyes as he ran his fingers through her fur. Her tail kept a soft wag going as they laid there in perfect silence and peace.

She was not sure how long had passed when she made a decision that she hoped wouldn't cause him to freak out again. A soft breeze and the giant dog was a fae woman again. She quickly shifted so her arms rested on his chest now and her chin rested on her arms. The way that she was laying made sure that everything besides her bare ass was covered up.

Please don't freak out, please don't freak out, she hoped as she studied the face of her very handsome puca.

"I am sorry about earlier, Raph. I am not good at flirting or I don't know..." she chuckled softly. "Shucks are about as subtle as a thunderstorm when we want something and I have to remember that you were not raised like that."

• Aww
Raphael's body tensed when he felt her shift and his hand stilled against her spine but he didn't bolt. He didn't freak. He didn't even utter a small noise. For a fae who did not like touch this was a bigger step than Samara probably even realised. Very slowly he begun to stroke his fingers through her hair and listened to her words though his eyes remained closed.

"It's ok, I should... have realised that," a small twitch of his lips before he drew the bottom one between his teeth and bit down. "My... my tribe are not like me. Another Sindarin puca would not hesitate to... to take advantage," he cleared his throat. "But Lorcan's mother... she taught us women were to be respected, cherished. Not made to feel like they could be used and thrown away and I... I really, never, want you to feel like that Samara."