Fable - Ask The Hidden Isle

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
She had moved to a sitting position on the rug to continue reading when she had gotten tired of laying down. That was the position she was in with Raphael finally returned.

Samara smiled up at him as he kissed her on cheek. "That is alright," she said softly and closed the book. She was enjoying it and had completely lost track of time.

Her smile grew when he pulled the flowers from behind his back and she stood, setting the book on the rug, before she took the bouquet from him. She brought the flowers to her nose and took a long smell of them. Perfect. She loved flowers. Nature. All of that shit.

"I think these and a kiss on the cheek are the perfect apology for taking so long. I got caught up reading after I finished painting so I did not mind," she held the flowers close to her chest and smiled. Her cheeks were going to hurt after this trip and all the smiling that Raphael made her do.

"Do you have a vase?" Samara asked as she bent to pick of the book and return it to the bookshelf. "And did you get your errands done?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Raphael
Raphael was already padding his way over to the area designated for cooking when she asked about the vase. He reached up to one of the top cupboards and tugged down a dusty looking vase. He polished it a little before setting it down with a flourish on the table for her. Only then did he answer her second question, whilst leaning on his elbows and watching her tend to the flowers.

"I did, and some. I don't spend enough time here so when people see me they try and get a few months worth of jobs out of me," he grimaced but it wasn't in disgust. It was more like guilt. This place had more of his loyalty than Midir and the rest of the Autumn Court did.

"How was your day?"

Samara loved that he already knew what she was going to ask for. This just felt so right as he brought her the vase and he watched her as she arranged the flowers. It felt so right and so normal. She spent some time making them look perfect in the vase before she slid it toward the center of the table with a smile.

"What kind of jobs do they want you to do?" She asked with genuine curiosity. She knew what he did in the Autumn Court but that was for sure not what he did here. This was not the place where dark things like that happened. This was a safe haven. A beautiful safe haven.

"It was good. Relaxing. Did you see my painting when you go here?" Samara had not paid attention to where he had come from when he had walked into the large room. She figured that even if she had, she would have forgotten once he kissed her and gave her the flowers.

• Popcorn
"I did," his eyes crinkled at the corners with how deep his smile was. "I think Lorcan has competition," maybe he could ask his friend to show her around the galleries he kept in the Orchard, Samara might enjoy those things. He pushed off from the table he had been leaning on the roamed over to one of the cupboards where he took out a couple of glasses and a bottle of wine then returned to the table.

"I helped build a lot of the city, so people here... they see me as a builder. I get asked for extensions to homes, or help with their gardens or lifting heavy things," his wings flexed as if that explained the reason why they called on his help. "Sometimes it's advice - people don't want to bother the prince with every little decision so they ask me or Sid."

The thought of Raphael building things or working in the garden was a happy one. He seemed happy talking about such things as well. The thought of him giving advice made her chuckle. She could not see this stoic, broody man giving advice to anyone.

Samara walked around the table to where her puca was standing with the glasses and the wine. "So what I am hearing is that the surly, doesn't want to talk to anyone Raphael gives advice to people?" Her smile was wide as she joked with him. She had to pull teeth to make the man open up to her so, of course, she was going to give him shit.

She loved seeing him in this environment. He was himself and he was happy.

• Nervous
"... Reluctantly," he admitted begrudgingly and ruffled his leathery wings. The last thing he needed was Samara whispering of his less aloof nature to people outside of Endora. The mere thought of Autumn Courtiers talking to him filled him with dread. He might have hated his job but it afforded him a few slivers of silver and being left in peace was certainly one of them. "Usually only when Sid isn't around. He's the chatty brother," his lips quirked in amusement as though it were some kind of joke, then he passed her a glass of wine.

"Lorcan is the pretty one, Sid is the goof ball and I am the grumpy one, if you believe Maeve," he sipped at the contents of his own goblet.

Samara took the wine with a mischievous smile at Raphael. "I may have to be convinced to not tell the entire Autumn Court about this new development..." She was obviously joking. Samara would never tell anyone something so precious about her Raphael.

The Hound pretended to think about his words. "Oh you are most definitely the grumpy one. Grumpy, broody, and adorable." She smiled sheepishly over her glass as she took a drink. "Maeve is not a liar," she leaned over and smelled her bouquet. Beautiful.

"Raphael...I am going to say something and I need you to not freak out." Samara knew one hundred percent that he would freak out. It was just who he was.

"I want to be with you. Only you. It's been a while since I have felt like this about someone." More than five hundred years really. Five hundred years since she had even contemplated dating someone.

She took another drink of her wine as she listened to her heart pound in her ears.

• Nervous
Raphael stared at her blankly once she had finished speaking. To begin with, it was simply because he didn't understand what it was she was saying. She wanted to be with him? It made no sense, she was with him right now. There was nobody around for miles. Did she mean she wanted to be with him somewhere even more private than this? He couldn't think of anywhere that would afford them that. There was always some fae lurking nearby to report back to someone else whether it was a nymph or a sprite or a si---

Oh.

Dawning realisation flickered in those amber depths and his cheeks flushed with the humiliation then quickly drained of colour entirely.

"I..." he croaked and then downed the contents of his wine. It did little to help loosen his tongue.

Yep, that went about as well as she thought it would.

Samara joined Raphael in finishing her drink. She wanted to go hide in her room, to jump off the balcony...anything to get away from this awkward situation.

"Nevermind. Forget I said anything..." she was absolutely terrible at this shit. This is why she kept her feelings to herself. Easier. She shouldn't have told him how she felt.

"I just...I want to be more than friends but if you don't then that's fine..."

Of course, she said forget I said anything then she continued to talk. Samara felt like she was going to throw up now.

• Stressed
Raphael knew he had to save it but the question was he didn't know what it was exactly, nor did he have the inclining of how to go about fixing it. He just knew that how it was going... wasn't right. Sid would have no doubt hit him for his lack of tact with Samara but he wasn't like his brothers; he wasn't used to people and he certainly wasn't used to female attention.

"I've only been with one woman," he blurted out suddenly on the tail end of that thought then seemed to realise he had said it out loud. His cheeks flushed crimson. "I just.. mean that I... I don't know... how what you're asking even works," he shoved a hand through his hair.

• Stressed
Reactions: Samara Khalid
Samara was actually surprised he had been with a woman at all and she may have felt a strange ping of jealousy. What the fuck?! She was no saint so why would she feel anything towards a whatever the woman had been.

"I think it's kind of like what we are already doing except..." Samara paused and looked down at her hands. "We are committed to each other and we trust each other completely..."

She brought one hand up and rubbed the back of her neck. She kept her gaze down though. "We build something together. You and I." She finally looked back up at her puca and smiled weakly.

• Thoughtful
Raphael's mind brought up the relationships he had seen and analysed them against what Samara was saying. Yes what she said seemed to match to an extent but there was... there was something more. He would have done that kind of thing with his brothers, with Maeve, he wasn't sure that that was entirely what a relationship was. But then, he didn't know enough to say for sure it wasn't.

"I am not... interested in other women if that is what you are asking me," he was still confused what she was asking him and his wings shuffled with his agitation. "But... I told you being my friend is dangerous. Being something more?" shadows begun to pool around his feet as his fears crept in. "You're safe here... we both are... but out there?"

Samara crossed around the table and took Raphael's hands in hers. "Raph, I do not care. I have worked for the Erlking for many many years." Longer than you have been alive. "I have a healthy amount of fear for him, of course, but I am not going to let that define my life. I am not going to let that keep me from loving you, Raph."

As soon as the word love left her mouth, she wanted to put it back in. She was not at that point yet but she hoped to be in the future. She hoped that one day he would love her and they would be happy together. For now, she just felt like she had to sabotage this lovely trip.

"I..." She paused, "I didn't mean that I love you...I meant..." She stopped talking and bit her lower lip. She was so incredibly awkward right now.

• Scared
Love, was definitely not a word Raphael had been expecting to hear. They had only been around each other a handful of times - no two times - and he knew that whilst there was a fluttering in his stomach every time he saw her or thought of her, he had no right to call it the aching vast emotion that was love. Would he even known when he was in love when he hadn't ever experienced it from another in such a manner? That was a worry he tried not to concern him with.

"Well..." Raph said awkwardly, trying to stop every voice within him that screamed to run away in fear, and squeezed her hand. "I'm.. glad one of us does not frighten easily," he laughed awkwardly. "Though it is denting my pride the brave one isn't the man meant to be able to manipulate fear itself."

Samara returned his squeeze and leaned up to kiss him softly on the cheek. "If it makes your pride feel any better, I am a murder hound so I really cannot afford to frighten easily. I would have died a long time ago if I did and then we wouldn't be here together."

She smiled sweetly and took her hands from his. She was quick to pull him into a hug. She just held onto him in silence for a little bit. It was so peaceful. She wanted this all the time but she knew that was not possible. Not now. Perhaps someday.

"Do you want another glass of wine?" She asked into her chest. She could definitely use one...or two...or three.

• Sip
"Yes."

Wine was exactly what he wanted. And to sit down and relax and stop having this kind of horrible conversation. He bent his knees just a fraction, gripped a hold of her waist tighter then stood and threw her promptly over his shoulder. Then he turned and grabbed the bottle of wine from the counter and carried both over to the comfortable couches where he playfully threw her down.

"Why don't you tell me about your day?"

Samara squealed in delight and surprise as Raphael hoisted her over his shoulder. She laughed the entire way to the couch and continued to laugh even after he had thrown her down onto it. She scooted herself up and sat against one of the arms with her legs on the couch in front of her. She would wait to see where he sat before she comfortable against him.

"Well...I was whisked off to this beautiful island by a man I like very much. He got the perfect set of art supplies for me and left me with great references." She smiled at Raphael and held out a hand for her wine glass once he filled them.

"He left me alone for a little bit but I didn't mind. I had a lovely nap curled up by the fire. He did promise me a ball and I don't think he brought me one," she winked mischievously.

• Haha
Raphael raised both eyebrows and set down his wine glass as though she had just paid him the worst of accusations.

"You doubt me?" he huffed, brows coming down into a mocking scowl, before he peeled back his jacket and stuck his hand into the pocket near his breast. From within he produced a yellow ball that when he pressed a little made a delightful squeaking noise. He tossed it in the air then caught it.

"I thought we'd save it for the beach."

Happiness glittered in Samara's eyes as he acted wounded and appalled. All the awkwardness of a little bit ago was forgotten as Raphael took that beautiful ball out and squeaked it. She tried to play it cool as she brought the wine glass to her lips to take a drink but her huge smile was a dead giveaway of her feelings.

"You sure know the way to a shuck's black heart, my dear," she finally took her eyes off the beautiful yellow sphere that screamed for her to play with it. "I suppose I can let aforementioned man off the hook since he did, indeed, bring me a ball. We will save it for the beach."

Samara patted the empty spot on the couch with her foot. "Sit, Raphael, and relax. This is vacation, remember? Tonight we relax, drink wine, and bullshit...tomorrow we throw the ball." By we, she most definitely meant he would throw it and she would fetch it.

• Haha
Raphael's laugh was a soft caress, like shade on a hot summers day. He didn't reject her offer though and instead sat down beside her and topped up both their glasses.

"Tomorrow we throw the ball," he repeated and gently tipped his glass against hers in a toast.

The rest of the night was something Raphael would never be able to explain to his friends no matter how much they pressed. They spoke until the light hours of the early morning about nothing and everything. There were even a few moments where he touched upon topics he hadn't with anyone but Sid and Lorcan, telling Samara the hopes and dreams he had of retiring to Endora and finding peace here. Eventually he bid her goodnight at her door, kissed her knuckles in the gentlemanly manner his not-mother had taught him, then retreated to bed.

The next morning however, he was up before the Shuck with a breakfast of fried bacon and sausages already going.

Samara had never laughed so much in one setting with someone else. Raphael made her so very happy. Even with his broody nature and missing a lot of her sarcasm, she found herself relaxing and opening up more to him every single time they spoke. Raphael shared his hopes and dreams with her, she shared her fear of being forced to be a mother because she was one of the few female Shucks in the Autumn Court. It's not that Samara didn't want kids, she just didn't want to be forced to have them so they could work for the Erlking.

Honestly, she was just proud of herself for not jumping the poor Puca. She had wanted to kiss him so bad but she refrained. She was good.

The next morning, Samara emerged wearing a simple pair of soft black pants and an oversized gray top. Yes, her night clothes were very similar to her regular clothes. Sue her.

"It smells amazing, Raph!" She said as she walked up to him and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "How'd you sleep?" Samara, herself, had one of the best sleeps of her life.

• Smug
"Good morning," he chimed, glancing up briefly through his thick lashes before returning his gaze to the eggs he was carefully frying. "I slept well," he smiled at the kiss to his cheek and glanced at her sideways. "I would ask the same but I think I can guess the answer," he mused and then with a final critical look at the eggs put a couple on each plate.

"I thought we could do with a big breakfast before the beach trip," he smiled and picked both plates up to carry them over to the table.

Samara took her seat at the table while she watched Raphael finish up the eggs. She liked a man who could cook for her. Something about it was incredibly sexy. The Shuck pushed those thoughts down and returned to clean thoughts. It was first thing in the morning, after all.

"You guess correctly. I slept wonderfully. I felt," she paused for a moment. "safe..."

Her smile grew at the mention of the beach. She was incredibly excited to spend the day with him and spend it at the beach. Raphael set the plates on the table and she waited politely for him to join her before she dug in.

"I don't know, Raph...I don't really like the water that much," she giggled at the obvious lie.

• Haha
Raphael threw back his head and laughed. It was a great thing that came from deep within his stomach and shook his whole frame. Finally he finished laughing, shook his head, and begun to eat with a smile still playing about his lips.

"The next thing you will try to tell me is that you don't like balls and you don't like having your hair stroked," he tsked at what they both knew was a lie. "How's the food?" He asked curiously, glancing over. He hadn't cooked for anyone else before. "I know you prefer your meat raw but I hope you don't mind cooked."

"First, balls are the greatest thing in the entire world. Second, you do not know if I like having my hair stroked," Samara let a half smirk form on her lips. She would be okay with him stroking her hair for sure.

She had already taken several bites by the time he asked how it was. "It's great, Raphael. I never mind cooked food. Sometimes it even tastes better. Don't tell any of the other Shucks I said that!" She laughed softly and took another bite. "They'd murder me slowly and painfully," her voice was teasing as she took another bite.

Last edited:
  • Sip