Open Chronicles The Dragon's Den

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Mikelle was quiet as Tyrenlil took his leave, instead just letting Tanith say her farewell to her customer. Mikelle sipped his tea until Tanith had come back over and remarked about the man.

"I think he seems quite fun!" Mikelle chirped. Sure, Mikelle was certain Mister Swiftwind was some level of shady but that was part of the image of a dashing treasure hunter sort anyways. It only finished the portrait of the man in Mikelle's eyes.

He took one long sip of his tea before setting the empty cup down on the table. He breathed out and admitted, "I suppose I should get moving too, wine to move in and all. I wouldn't want it to be dark before a finish deliveries."

Mikelle then reached into his bag and pulled out the usual amount of coin; enough for the tea and a tip for Tanith and Elra. Generous enough, but nothing to the degree of Tyrenlil. He then stood and fixed his coat before making a small "oh" and looking to Tanith.

"I almost forgot to ask you; so, the wine, are you liking the variety you're getting, Miss Mistfall? My father has been wanting to make more infusions, if you have anything you'd like to add to your menu with the next delivery?"

Tanith Mistfall Tyrenlil Swiftwind

Elra sighed at the two's reaction. Although she knew better than to take Tanith at face value. "I don't have anything against this, Tyrenlil character. But I'd advise more caution in dealing with him, we don't know much about him."

Tanith grinned. "Aww, but isn't that how every new friendship starts?" She suppressed a laugh at the annoyed look her sister sent her way for that one. "Oh relax, we're not bounty hunters anymore. It's not our job to investigate, especially not our customers, right Elly?"

Elra grunted noncomittally. Fortunately, Mikelle changed the topic. She smiled and nodded when Mikelle stood to leave. "Of course, thank you for visiting." She nodded gratefully at the tip he offered. "Good luck with the rest of your deliveries."

She paused at Mikelle's question, setting a hand on her chin. They could use a greater selection of wines for their customers, and the Fallowbridge's wines were high quality. "How about we order a few bottles of some of these other infusions of yours. We'll sample them and see which ones we'd like to add to our usual deliveries."

Mikelle Fallowbridge Tyrenlil Swiftwind

Mikelle was quiet but clearly excited when he got his answer. They wanted to test the variety of them! He liked the infusions; they were always a chance for Mikelle to see something new in the process of picking up supplies for his family's winery.

"Of--Of course! Perfect then!" Mikelle tried to answer calmly enough. He then dipped his chin as a farewell to the two Mistfalls before turning to leave.

"And I think that Tyrenlil guy will know better than to cause the two of you trouble now! Best of luck with him!"

He waved his hand up to Elra and Tanith before heading back out to the carriage. It was time for him to get back to work.

Elra Mistfall

Tanith smiled and waved. "Goodbye Mikelle, see you again soon!" She giggled at his comment about Tyrenlil. She's sure he's right, and that the potential criminal wouldn't want to cause them any trouble. But one could never be sure with their kind. "Probably not, but if he does... We can handle it."

She lowered her hand to her side once Mikelle had stepped outside. "Nice boy, isn't he?" She spun around and resumed her job serving tables.

Elra folded her arms and nodded. "Yes, Mr. Fallowbridge is a decent sort. Unlike that Tyrenlil character."

Tanith waved her hand dismissively. "Oh, calm down Elly. He's not going to do anything. Not with the daring and dashing leaders of the Red Company looking over his shoulder!" She giggled.

Elra sighed but seemed to relent at her words. "I need to check on my patients." She turned and started to walk away.

"Make sure we have a clean room ready when you have a chance!" Tanith called after her. Only getting a halfhearted nod in response. She closed her eyes and smiled. This could be, fun.

Tyrenlil Swiftwind Mikelle Fallowbridge

Tyr had entered the Dragons Den again later in the evening as the sun was going down over the horizon now with four finely dressed men who had been carrying various chests and a wardrobe which had a very thick and heavy lock on it he smiled seeing the place now bustling with new patrons some with cups of tea others with glasses of wine now.

He smiled to Tanith who was busy serving and chatting with patrons. The men followed him up the finely crafted stairs with their chunky wooden banisters. He wondered how much gold had been poured into this place, he knew of atleast three floors thus far.

The Teahouse, the Inn, and the Clinic.
As they made their way to the room Tyr instructed the men as to where to place each of the trunks he had brought with him. He did missed them to leave. The wardrobe had a very intricate padlock on it with a slit on the side and three holes in a triangular pattern surrounded by a disk. He went to his door and closed it locking behind him placing a chair against the handle. He waited a moment before pulling a strange key from his vest and placed it into the lock with his left hand. Tyr flicked his wrist and a hidden blade shot out into the slit, he turned the key counter clockwise and the lock on the wardrobe clicked and popped open. He stood infront of the wardrobe so even if there was the ability to see in the room no one would be able to see inside.

The contents were a curved sword many knives and daggers a set of hardened leather armor with lightweight plates of Elven steel sewen under the leather. An ornate Elven steel mask was inside which was enchanted to make people forget. It had an erie smile and the eye holes had a black mesh that could be seen out of but not into. Next to the mask we're the tools of the trade, various lock picks and breaking tools to pry locks and force them to open with tension.

Making sure all of his gear was in the wardrobe he clasped the lock shut putting the leather wardrobe into one of the corners of the room. He flicked his wrist and the blade hid itself again next to the hidden crossbow with one bolt notched. He made his way out of the room locking it behind him and wandered down the hall towards the third floor taking in every doorway and hallway he passed by before starting to climb the stairs hands in his pockets towards the clinic.

Elra Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge

Last edited:
Elra watched Tyrenlil and his men from one of the clinic’s windows. She frowned. Perhaps it was too much to hope that he’d leave the city. She eyed the trunk and wardrobe they were hauling with them, quite a bit of luggage. Exactly how long did he plan on staying?

She turned and stepped away from the window. Clearing her mind as she did one last checkup on all her patients before nightfall. She only just managed to finish before Tyrenlil walked upstairs. She stopped and turned to face him. “Good day, Tyrenlil. May I ask what you’re doing in the clinic? Is there some health-related matter I can help you with?”

Tyr reached the top of the stairs, he was not surprised to see Elra there, he looked about the the Clinic to see the patients, some worse off than others. His eyes spotted her Apothecary table and cabinet, he had one recently installed in The Draco. His eyes observed that she was running low on certain herbs some of the jars were even empty. It must be hard to find the time to gather herbs while running such a diversified business on top of running a clinic.

Tyr smiled softly when questioned
" I can attest that I am in good health, I was looking for the lavatory"
He pulled from his pocket a bundle of rare herbs from his pocket and tossed it to her. "It's a type of water lilly only found on a remote island. If you grind it up with wolfsbane and add it into a liter of water it creates a powerful medicine. However, only apply one drop diluted by a cup of water. One drop will help them sleep and relieve their pain. Two drops will kill them in minutes"

Just enough time to leave the area he thought to himself.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Elra Mistfall
Elra didn’t believe his excuse for a second. But she kept her face neutral and pointed at the stairs behind him. “You’ll find one on the floor below, end of the hall.” She watched closely as Tyrenlil reached into his pocket. Not sure what to expect.

She caught most of the herbs when he tossed them, but a few slipped through her fingers and fell on the floor. She sighed and squatted down to pick them up. She held one up and studied it. Her eyebrows furrowed. “I’ve never seen a herb like this before.” She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow at his description. “Powerful medicine, dangerous too. How exactly did you come across it?”

She stood and carried the herbs over to her apothecary table. Glancing up at her diminished supply, as much as she hated to admit it, she could use more herbs. She looked back at Tyrenlil. “And what do you want in exchange?”

Tyr smiled at Elra as she pointed him to the the lavatory. He watched her pick up the herbs from the floor and examine them. As she questioned how he came a across them he awnsered without hesitation.

"As I said earlier, I'm a bit of a herbloreist myself, it helps to have medicines like this on hand should one find themselves in a situation in which they need to heal, as you know most healing without magic happens in sleep. The deeper the sleep the easier for the body to heal, the pain relief allows the body to concentrate on closing wounds."

He smiled, as she asked what she wanted for it his smile faded and his look was serious like the one he had earlier when he was staring at his trap, his eyes cast to the ground.

"A century and a half ago, I had a sister, she got very sick, we didn't have any money then, I tried to get her help but by the time I got the funds it was too late."

He looked up to her and smiled again

"Use it to help those who can't afford it, you are doing good work here, I wish I had met you then, maybe things would be different"

He turned on his heel and left before she could say anything the pain in his voice was not one easily faked even for a rogue like him. As he left he took note of what seemed to be another staircase leading up another floor.

He made his way to the lavatory and did his business before making his way down stairs to find the place buzzing with patrons, he made his way to the counter and placed a gold coin on the counter

"A round of wine for everyone, on me!"
He heard the patrons cheer and clap and whistle in excitement. If it weren't for the tea being served one might think this place a tavern. The music played and the fire roared. Tyr reached behind the counter grabbing a bottle of wine for himself placing another gold coin down.

He drank, laughed and joked with patrons as he made his way around the tea house like a social butterfly. A young human girl had asked him to dance and so he did, dancing with her enjoying his bottle of wine. He would dance, joke and sing, the things his sister had loved most. He would drink to her memory, to cast out his sorrow. He bowed as the young girl curtseied excusing herself.

Tyr locked eyes with Tanith and smiled offering out his hand "May I have this dance?

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Tanith Mistfall
Tanith hummed and swayed along to the music. She wandered the teahouse attending to her various customers. She noticed Tyrenlil return from the corner of her eye. "I wonder what he's been up to." She bounced back to her counter just in time for the rogue to make his rather extravagant order. She smiled wryly. "You know, that's not how things are supposed to work in a teahouse."

She spent the next several minutes pouring wine and keeping a mental count of how much she gave to each patron. Crazy night or not, she wasn't about to let anyone get drunk next door to a blacksmith filled with weapons or two floors down from a clinic filled with potentially dangerous herbs.

She carried on attending to her guests until Tyrenlil approached her and offered his hand. She cocked her head and hummed. "And leave the counter unattended?" She tapped her chin with her index finger and pretended to be thinking hard about it. "Hmm, oh, I suppose one dance wouldn't hurt." She smiled and slid her hand into Tyrenlil's.

Tyr smiled and as Tanith grabbed his hand he pulled he in twirling her around and catching her in his arm pulling her body close to his, his hand remained at a respectful position on her lower back his other hand found hers and he began to lead her in a waltz in the middle of the teahouse where there was plenty of room. His eyes locked with hers the whole while never leaving his gaze so deeply and intently into her vast green pools.

"A man could get lost in those eyes of yours Tanith"

He smiled as they continued continued their dance, if she had looked she might have seen some envied looks from some of the female patrons. She might have seen some of them hiding their lips with their hands as they whispered to one another.

Tanith Mistfall

Tanith set her free hand on Tyrenlil's shoulder and easily matched his pace, if not exceeding it with her energetic movements. The hood of her cloak shifted with each twirl and almost fell off altogether. She grinned at his comment. "I wonder if I'm the only girl you've used that line on tonight?" She nodded briefly in the direction of a pair of envious patrons.

Tyr chuckled softly at her comment as he continuedto match her energy leading the dance.

"Tonight, yes" He grinned and offered her a wink.

As they continued to dance he could hear patrons asking for more Tea and wine. He held her tighter against him and let the dance linger a while longer. Let them wait he thought to himself. Alas though as much as he enjoyed dancing with her all good things must come to an end. He gave her one last twirl out away from him and his hand lingered on hers a moment before gently sliding his from hers.

He offered her a full bow.

"The patrons are getting restless" He smiled. "I'm afraid the bottle of wine has gone to my head, so I bid you a good night and sweet dreams Tanith."

With that Tyr turned and left returning to his room. When Elra would wake in the morning she would find her clinic stocked with herbs several of the near empty bottles would now have two to three companions of bottles filled aswell along with a few bottles filled with hard-to-get herbs.

The Next Day...

Elra examined her supplies for the fourth time. Trying to ascertain how, or rather why, there were new ingredients at her apothecary table. She took careful inventory every night, routinely. The last thing she wanted was to run out of a critical herb. Even if she didn't, she'd remember finding ingredients as rare of those.

She knew exactly who was responsible. Tyrenlil again, no doubt, he gave her those strange water lily's last night. Which she'd yet to make use of, waiting until she did her own research. But why would a rogue hand out so many valuable herbs? Was it a trick? Or perhaps he really did have a sister and appreciated her work after all.

She stepped back and turned around, breathing in deeply. "Whatever this is about, I won't find out by staring at my table." Having already finished checking on her patients for the morning, she opted to walk back downstairs.

• Yay
Reactions: Tyrenlil Swiftwind
Try opened his door yawning stretching he smiled at Elra as she began to come down the stairs. He stood in the doorway leaning against its frame, he was shirtless his physique was muscular and lean his abs were cut. Most assumed rogues to be scrawny and thin. This was not the fact in most cases as they required great upper and lower body strength to climb walls and hide in rafters to avoid detection.

He had not slept much last night, not due to female companionship, but due to business. He had met with an informant under the guise of The Shadow his alias he used when he donned his leathers and mask. He was looking into some business owned by one of the families that had destroyed his own.

His blone well kept hair cascaded down his back and on his shoulder drawing attention to his muscular chest.

"I trust you slept well Elra?"

Dorin made his wayalong the street towards the Dragons Den, he had seen flyers throughout the city advertising the need for a Smith. In his mouth was an unlit cigar, rolled from fine Elven tobacco. He chewed on the stub of it. As if shifted in his mouth he sucked on the juices savoring the taste.

As Dorin reached the entrance he pulled open the door to the teahouse and made his way inside. He was a gruff looking character who seemed to be a bulky mass of solid muscle. He took in the surroundings of the teahouse and wondered if he had made a wrong turn.
He was looking for a blacksmith after all not some dainty little teahouse.

He grunted. Perhaps the owner of the Smith wanted to meet here to interview any candidates. Made his way towards the counter and pulled himself up to one of the chairs. As with many places there were seldom seats designed for dwarves. Benches yes, chairs and stools? Seldom.

His two hammers hung from his belt and his other supplies were in leather pushes also attached to his belt. He waited patiently for now.

Tanith Mistfall Elra Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge Tyrenlil Swiftwind

Like every day before, Tanith had risen in the earliest hours of the morning to tend to her guests at the teahouse. The early mornings and late evenings were her busiest hours after all. Most of her customers at that time consisted of people stopping for a quick cup of tea before heading to work. Usually dressed in professional attire. The rest were adventurers either staying in their inn or about to leave for a quest.

All that made the gruff dwarf with hammers hanging from his belt stand out all the more. Tanith cocked her head. His equipment wasn't even remicisient of their usual clients. Adventurer's carried swords, axes, bows, and spears, not hammers. How interesting!

Tanith walked over to the table, clasped her hands together, and smiled. "Why hello there! Is there anything I can get you?" She took note of how uncomfortable the dwarf looked sitting on the chair. She glanced toward the end of the room. "If you prefer, there's lower tables over there with cushions to lay on, instead of chairs."

Dorin Stonekin Mikelle Fallowbridge

As the Elven maiden made her way over to him his expression remained, his look was blank with hint of annoyance, like many dwarves, he was short and to the point. Though dwarves had long life they knew it too was finite, they were ones to get to the point rather quickly especially when it came to business. This often made them shrud negotiators. Dorin was no exception.

"I'm here to meet the ownership for the Blacksmith" He chewed on the stub of a cigar his arms crossed.

He looked over to the cushions and huffed slightly.

Tyrenlil Swiftwind Mikelle Fallowbridge Tanith Mistfall

Last edited:
  • Yay
Elra paused when she heard a door open and looked to see who it was. Only to immediately look back ahead when she saw Tyrenlil's current state of dress. She cleared her throat. "Put on a shirt please, we expect our guests to have a certain level of decorum." She closed her eyes. "But yes, I slept well, thank you for asking. I trust our room was comfortable enough for you."

She remembered how much luggage she'd seen Tyrenlil bring with him the night before. Still an oddity to her. Why did he need all of that? She decided to bring it up casually. "I hope you could fit all of your things. I couldn't help but notice you brought quite a few things with you, for your stay."

• Yay
Reactions: Tyrenlil Swiftwind
Tyr smiled as she mentioned his state of dress. He nodded softly pushing himself off of the frame of the door and went to a trunk and pulled a fine silk shirt from it throwing it up over his head sliding into it. He ran his fingers under his hair pulling its length from the garment before taking a leather throng and tying it into a neat pony tail before returning to Elra in the doorway.

"Of course, my apologies" He offered a sly smile

He looked back over his shoulder as she questioned him. She would see a hand washing station with a mirror and a tooth brush. She might also see three trunks. However the wardrobe would be our of sight unless she had made her way into the room. She also might have seen that the bed had a newer more luxurious mattress on it than it had before, and the sheets were also of the same luxury with their deep purple and gold stitchonf.

He offered her a soft toothless smile before answering.

"Well with The Trade Wind in the state its in, I couldn't just leave all of my belongings aboard. Besides it will be some time until its see worthy again"

He leaned back into the door frame and he smiled

"Does the Inn serve Breakfast?"

Elra Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge Dorin Stonekin

• Yay
Tanith's eyes widened. "Oh really? Well, you're in luck. Because you're looking at her! Or rather the co-owner, my sister and I share the building." She took a step back and pointed toward the heavy door on the west side of the teahouse. A sign advertising the blacksmithy was mounted over it. "The blacksmith itself is right through that door. Sorry for the confusion."

She sized up the dwarf (giggling to herself about the pun). Her gaze fell to the hammers he carried with him. "Mhm, and are you a customer, or are you applying for the blacksmith position?"

Dorin grinded the cigar back and forth between his teeth and sat a little straighter. He pulled from his back a leather rugsac. Dorin lifted the flap and pulled from it a thick heavy book. He placed it on the table thumbing slowly through the the pages. Each page had a weapon drawn upon it with notes scrawled on it. Each more impressive than the last. He stopped on a particular picture of a dagger with runes carved into the blade that was rather ornate. He reached into the bag pulling out the dagger pictured and a steel rod several inches thick.

He placed the rod on the table with his left hand and in his right hand he took the dagger. As he placed the blade against the steel rod and the runes glowed and the edge of the knife super heated cutting through the bar without heating the rest of the steel and without burning the table.

In the book were different inventions and and innovations that he had cataloged. Steam and cog devises. The notes were written in a secret dialect.

"I would like to apply"

His expression unchanged the dwarf crossed his arms again waiting to see if the interview would go any further.

Tanith Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge Elra Mistfall Tyrenlil Swiftwind

• Yay
Despite herself, Elra stole a brief glance into Tyrenlil's room. The first thing she noticed was the new mattress and bedding. She also took note of the multiple trunks he had laying around. As she'd noticed the day before, he'd brought quite a bit of luggage with him. Yet she thought she saw more. Perhaps she misremembered, or perhaps it was simply out of her line of sight.

Although she was tempted to peer inside the room to confirm her hunch, she reluctantly looked away. She didn't have any real reason to suspect any wrongdoing from him. His behavior may be strange, but it hardly warranted an investigation. Not unless she saw something truly suspicious, that is.

She remembered the story Tyrenlil spun the evening before about the battle the Trade Wind had been in. "Your ship must've endured quite a bit of damage, for you to expect to be in port for so long." She glanced at the stairs and sighed. "Inngoers can order something from the teahouse for free. If you want breakfast, you can eat there."

Try smiled and nodded softly to Elra. He gently stepped back into his room.

"I am glad to hear it, the hospitality that you and your sister show to your guests is truly astounding, I look forward to my time here."

With that Tyr gently shut the door to his room. Once shut he dressed himself in his usual daily gear and then would make his way down stairs. He smiled seeing Tanith with a very serious looking Dwarven fellow.

He made his way to a table in the corner with his back to the wall facing the entrance. Tanith seemed busy at the moment so he waited quietly.

Tanith Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge Dorin Stonekin

• Yay
Reactions: Tanith Mistfall
Tanith drew closer when the dwarf opened the book. "Oooh." She examined each design as he flipped through. While she might not have been a blacksmith, she could tell the difference between a well-crafted design and an amateur one. She'd seen enough of the latter from their Blacksmith Apprentice. "I like it! We'd be happy to have you apply."

She stepped back and set a hand on her heart. "But first things first; I'm Tanith Mistfall, I co-own this building with my sister Elra, what's your name?" After he answered, she noticed Elra come down and waved her over. Whispering the details of their conversation to her.

Elra's eyes widened when she heard they had a new applicant. She cleared her throat. "Ah, it's a pleasure to meet you." She glanced at the door to the blacksmith shop. "Perhaps you'd like to see the forge? Or we can speak out here, whichever you prefer."