Open Chronicles The Dragon's Den

A roleplay open for anyone to join
“Why, yes we do! We still have five rooms available. They’re not the most spacious but they have the finest beds and can be rented for a very low fee. Not that I could justify charging you after the generous tip you just gave,” Tanith answered happily. Their beds were more for giving tired adventurers a place to rest as opposed to being a luxury suite. “I’m assuming you’ll want the room with a double bed, instead of two single beds?”

She glanced at the doorway on the west side of the room. A sly grin crossed her face. “Well, there is a blacksmith. Buuut our apprentice is the only one in at the moment. She can sharpen your sword, but you might not want to trust her with anything too complex. Not yet anyway.”

Her attitude would’ve brightened further if such a thing were still possible at the compliment to her teamaking. She clasped her hands in front of her. “We serve pastries, stew, or sweets. Anything beyond that is usually only served on special occasions. Or if someone decides to supply the ingredients for us.”

Tyrenlil Swiftwind Mikelle Fallowbridge

Mikelle blinked at Elra's insistence that she wouldn't be the best teacher, but he had nothing to argue when she said she'd give advise to others if they wanted it. He gave a praiseful hum at that. It felt as though the picture of The Dragon's Den's creation, and success, was becoming more and more clear. Having good wine and tea was ideal, teamwork was important, but to have even their most battered patrons would be able to find kinship with these two ladies--that was special.

His content look stiffened up when Elra pointed the inquisitive questions back at him. He sat up straight again and gave her a strained smile. His cheeks warmer to be probed by an actual real-life adventurer. It was fun to gab about with other people like himself, but Elra was in a different league! She could surely see the difference between Mikelle and anyone actually capable of surviving thrilling danger. It was embarrassing.

"Ehm--well! Perhaps only in tales! Wouldn't dream of doing it myself!" Mikelle answered quickly, lying, while rubbing back of his neck. He looked away from her and to the other customers of the teahouse. "I imagine folks would like to buy Fallowbridge wine from someone in one whole piece afterall! The sip of the peaceful vineyard life is part of the sale's pitch if I'm entirely honest."

He wasn't sure he'd want her dwelling on his inner desires. He was quick to shift the subject back to her, adding on; "but if you ever write a book about yourself and your sister, then I can promise you I'll be the first to buy it..!"

Elra Mistfall Tyrenlil Swiftwind

• Yay
Reactions: Elra Mistfall
Elra shifted awkwardly in her seat when Mikelle stiffened. She hadn’t meant to make him uncomfortable. Now she’d gone and made things awkward for him. She scolded herself for her lack of decorum. “Apologies, I hadn’t meant to pry. Not everyone interested in adventuring wants to go on one themselves, of course.”

She didn’t wholly believe Mikelle’s words, especially since he didn’t look at her when he said them. But she also didn’t want to make him any more uncomfortable. She smiled. “Of course. There are many benefits to a peaceful life as well. I should know, having experienced both.”

She pursed her lips at the thought of writing a book. It wasn’t a bad idea by any means, but it would be a time-consuming one. “A century of adventuring is difficult to condense, but maybe someday. But if you’re ever looking for tales, be sure to ask my sister for them. She’s always looking for a chance to boast about our past life.”

Mikelle Fallowbridge Tyrenlil Swiftwind

Tyr laughed" you really do have it all here don't you" He nodded" the only good sword is a sharp one and it seems I've been neglecting mine, so it could use a good sharpening"

He smiled softly and nodded to Tanith "A double bed will do splendidly, unless there is some other bed I can stay in" He offered her a sly wink before he reached into his vest pocket and pulled another gold coin setting it in the table" Nonsense, I'm sure you are not running a charity here ill be glad to pay, besides based on the repairs needed I could be here quiet sometime" He smiled

"If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, I would love to try some of that stew you mentioned." He grinned it had been a while since he had eaten last" The tea almost made me forget how famished I was"

Tanith Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge

Tanith giggled. “That’s the idea! We seek to provide for an adventurer’s every need. Whenever you need a blacksmith, they’re right through that door.” She points at the west side of the room.

She shook her head slightly at his not-so-subtle comment. “I don’t think so.” She opened a drawer on her side of the counter and took out a key for one of the rooms, setting it on the table in front of him. “Here you are! It’s yours for as long as you need it.”

She picked up the gold coin and examined it. Half expecting it to be counterfeit with how willingly he handed it out. Not that there weren't plenty of wealthy people in Alliria. She hummed. “Oh my, you're a big spender aren't you?" She smiled. "We may not be running a charity. But we’re not hurting for coin either. I insist you let me take this off the cost of your repairs. I mean it’s only fair, given how much you overpaid for our other services.”

She went back to smiling as soon as he mentioned the stew. “Coming right up!” She started to walk back into the kitchen but paused and turned back around for a moment. “I’ll just be a minute. If you want, you can drop off your things at the blacksmith while I’m gone. Or talk to Elly! She’s nice.” She ignored the alarmed look Elra sent her way when she heard that.

"Of course," Mikelle replied simply to Elra's notion of a peaceful life having its benefits. Really, he just wasn't going to fuss with his business partner. Adventures were deadly, and a lot of folks who dared to go on them never came back. Still, Mikelle was curious by nature and going into the unknown was the nature of that lifestyle.

Mikelle's mood perked up when Elra mentioned Tanith enjoying boasting about their previous lives. It was clear as day that Mikelle would eagerly listen. Before he could reply, he heard bits and pieces of the other conversation going on. Mention of Elra by her sister got him to halt in their own conversation.

As far as Mikelle could tell, Elra didn't much like her sister's plans. Mikelle had only heard little bits and pieces of their conversation together. This elf seemed suave but friendly. He seemed to be an adventurer of some sort, but was absolutely wealthy. As much as Mikelle looked up to these exact sort of people, his parents' experience with them always had them complaining that they were penny-pinchers, and never tipped. This guy was very comfortable making the Mistfall women a little bit richer.

Mikelle was far more pleased with Tanith's suggestion than Elra. He leaned into his resting elbow in order to speak quietly with Elra. "He's been flashing his gold like my aunt after she sells off her angora wool stock. Perhaps he'd make a good business partner for the Dragon's Den? I--I could help be your business wingman...!"

Admittedly, Mikelle wanted a good excuse to sit third wheel to whatever conversation might happen between Elra and Tyrenlil. He didn't want the girls to scoot him out, back to his job, not yet! His eyes were practically sparkling, waiting for Elra to invite the elf over to talk.

Elra leaned a bit closer to Mikelle when he spoke up. She gave Tyrenlil another glance and sighed. “I hardly think he’s in any business that would relate to ours,” she whispered back. If he were that frugal, he wouldn’t be dumping gold coins at the feet of the first beautiful woman he saw. “He could just be a novice adventurer who just stumbled across his first big treasure.”

She'd seen that much before, several times in fact. But, truthfully this Tyrenlil didn't come across like that kind of adventurer. He seemed more like the oh so dashing rogue who believed he was so utterly charming that every woman must adore him. Or perhaps she's judging him prematurely, and she's dealt with the odd 'charmer' before.

She sighed again and forced a smile as she turned back to Tyrenlil. “You may join us if you wish."

Tyr smiled at Tanith as she placed the key on the table, the gold was indeed real, how he came by it, whether legitimately or through other means was the real question. He reached down and grabbed the key from the table and placed it into his inside breast pocket of his vest. A keen eye would have seen if only for a brief moment the glint of several metal throwing knives as he shifted the leather to place the key.

As he was given permission to join the other two at their table he stood and made his way over to where Mikelle and Elra were seated having their conversation, in which he was already listening in on, as well as a few other conversations happening in the room by other patrons. He was indeed a rogue, charismatic, charming, and cunning. He had spent the last few centuries hording stolen gold and raiding ships at sea plundering their goods and then undercutting merchants with their own goods putting them out of business then making deals with their suppliers to take up where they had left off. Some of his wealth came from legitimate business, and then some of his wealth had come from taking from legitimate businesses. To him it was just the way the world worked, business as usual. He worked in that shadows both literally and figuratively. He had also been on several adventures.

Upon arriving at the table of the two he smiled and did a half bow "Pleasure to meet you both, I am Tyrenlil Swiftwind, you must be the famous Elra." He turned his gaze to Mikelle and smiled showing off his pearly white teeth "And my good Sir, who might you be?"

He noticed that Elra had almost the same fiery hair and hue of green eyes as her sister. She was quiet beautiful herself. Tyr had learned a long time ago not to mess with sisters when it came to flirting and romance.

Elra Mistfall Mikelle Fallowbridge

Last edited:
Elra raised a good point about this guy. He had to assume she had a better eye for experience moreso than Mikelle did. If he wasn't anything more than a lucky treasure-hunter then at least he paid very handsomely. Either way, they'd have their chance to find out for themselves once Tyrenlil took the invitation to join them. Mikelle sat up straight lest he appear too slovenly in front of Elra's latest customer.

"Mikelle Fallowbridge, a business associate of the Dragon's Den." Mikelle introduced himself, smiling back and giving an earnest, "it's very nice to make your acquaintance, Tyrenlil."

Mikelle took a breath and then casually continued. "I overheard you might visit the Den's blacksmith. You know, if perhaps you find yourself in danger quite a bit in your line of work then Miss Mistfall here," Mikelle raised a hand in order to lightly gesture to Elra across the table, "is an excellent medicine woman and alchemist. Your patronage would be well spent."

• Yay
Elra smiled politely and nodded once when Tyrenlil took a seat. “Yes, it’s a pleasure.” At least now she could get a better read on him and see what kind of a person he really is. Though there's not much she could gather from just his appearance, apart from the fact that he doesn't dress as fancy as one might expect from someone so wealthy. She kept her expression neutral as she listened to Mikelle talk. She chimed in when he introduced himself. “His family supplies us with our wine.”

She shifted slightly when Mikelle explained her role. She cleared her throat. “I run a clinic and a small potions shop on the third floor. If ever you have need, you can find me there.” She studied Tyrenlil a bit further before speaking up. “Did I hear that you’re an adventurer yourself?”

Try smiled as he was welcomed to the table, Try listened intently as Mikelle introduced himself. Though he was confident and suave, he also kept good manners.

As Mikelle spoke of being a business partner to the Teahouse and then Elra mentioned that he was also the supplier of wine of The Dragons Den his smile brightened "Ah, it all makes sense now!" He exclaimed "I knew this was the right place to come. Especially if there is Fallowbridge wine being supplied here!"

He turned to Elra and smiled warmly " I am glad to hear, I know a few things about herbs myself, the world of flora is a fascinating thing. It is quiet honorable work you do then Miss Mistfall, thank you for your all you do, running a clinic cannot be easy"

As Elra probed his smile remained unchanged and his eyes brightened "Why yes, I just returned from a voyage to find a lost sunken treasure galleon." He smiled looking back to Mikelle "We had found the wreck off the coast, you see when the galleon was boarded, the men were ordered to scuttle her, under no circumstance was the gold to reach the enemy to help fund their forces."

He smiled and paused taking a breath before locking eyes with Elra "You see for centuries everyone was searching the wrong area. The crew of the ship actually was trained to read and write an ancient form of elvish, this included elaborate symbols in which they used in place of traditional numbers. There are only a handful of people alive still today that can read it."

He smiled looking back to Mikelle.
" I tracked down a man that most of society has forgotten, you see he read the language, but he was shunned by the academic community because he disagreed with a powerful scholar on what some if the symbols actually meant"
He turned his attention back to Elra
"He explained to me that everyone was looking in the wrong area, and that no one believed him, they thought he was just a crazy old man. So I took his advice and the wreck was indeed there"

He smiled back now turning his attention to Mikelle "and then there were the pirates"

Tyr paused and abruptly ended his story

"I'm so sorry, I must be boring you both, I tend to ramble"

Mikelle Fallowbridge
Elra Mistfall

Last edited:
Elra’s smile became slightly more genuine when Tyrenlil complimented her work. While she received plenty of gratitude for her efforts. Few could understand the intricacies of gathering the right herbs and crafting potions properly. “It may not be easy, but it is rewarding.”

She listened carefully to every detail of the rogue’s tale. Making a note to investigate his claims later, should her suspicions not be allayed. She wouldn’t normally care so much, adventurers spun more unbelievable stories to her on a daily basis. But there were certain things about Tyrenlil that rubbed her the wrong way.

Although if she’s being honest at least some of her reservations had to do with the fact that he’d tried charming her little sister.

She waved her hand when he suggested that he was boring them. Knowing Mikelle at least must be fascinated. “Not at all. It sounds like quite the thrilling tale. I’m surprised you were able to discover that the map was being read wrong when so many others didn’t. But that's precisely what sets a successful adventurer apart from the novice.”

Unsurprisingly, Mikelle was entirely enthralled by Tyrenlil's story. He had a small gasp once the man mentioned pirates, and then another gasp when Tyrenlil cut the story short right after. The noble looked baffled and crestfallen that Tyrenlil just did that, and thought the two would find his story boring rambles. What could that possibly say about the rest of this guy's life?

Mikelle was quick to agree with Elra. "Yes! It's thrilling! That's amazing!"

His fingers gripped the end of the table, still waiting to hear what the visiting adventurer would say next. Plans of advertising Elra's business to Tyrenlil had entirely fallen out the window in a second.

"What--what did you do about the pirates then?? That sounds like the scariest part, I've heard of ships and whole crews absolutely decimated by pirates."

Tyr smiled softly he read the subtle doubt on Elras face like one might read a note scrawled on a piece of parchment. Luckily enough for him he was smart enough to tell a true story.

He leaned into the table and continued his story locking eyes with Elra had she noticed she might have seen the familiar spark of a fellow adventurer in his eyes as he spoke"Well you see, I figured if everyone was looking in the right place then why hadn't it been found?"

He turned to Mikelle " Turns out a member of the crew actually belonged to a pirate vessel and had been leaking info to his captain, so once we had found the location he sent word to his captain"

He turned to Elra" You see I had taken the diving bell down to the wreck to search it and in the bottom three decks were stocked floor to ceiling with chests upon chests filled with gold and gems"

He turned to Mikelle " You see this ship was carrying the horde of a kingdoms entire fortune, they didn't want it to go to the warring kingdom."

He turned back to Elra" Once I surfaced the fighting had already begun, so I snuck aboard the pirate vessel and set a fire in their munitions room, needless to say once their own ship was on fire they decided it was better to cut their losses and go home then to press the battle any further"

He smiled to them both as he ended his story.

Last edited:
Elra carefully studied Tyrenlil’s expression. It’s one she’d seen many times before, from her sister, her fellow party members, and many of her guests. The oh-so-familiar call of adventure. It’s one she experienced herself a century ago. It made her empathize with the rogue somewhat, but not drop her guard completely, not everyone felt called to be a noble hero after all. “True enough.”

She shuddered at the memory of the diving bell, having used it once in her own brush with sunken treasure. Not a pleasant experience. She cocked her head when she mentioned the battle. A tactic quite reminiscent of a rogue, that’s for sure. “Impressive. I’m surprised their ship survived a fire like that.”

She studied Tyrenlil again before offering another of her polite smiles. “You stumbled across quite the fortune. What do you plan to do with it? If you don’t mind me asking.”

Mikelle was still entirely enthalled by Tyrenlil's story. There were twists and turns. Such a lively life he lived..! Mikelle rested an elbow back down on the table and plopped his cheek into it while he listened to the elf's tale.

Elra was much more alert and questioned the man. It wasn't until then that Mikelle's head was out of the clouds. He blinked a few times and looked at her before his eyes were back on Tyrenlil. Giving a nod of agreement with Elra, Mikelle asked, "Yes, do have plans now that you're on dry land again?"

• Yay
Tyr paused for a moment and placed his forefinger from his right hand on his chin and sat for a moment looking up to the rafters. "Well, a fortune only goes as far as you invest it, while I will keep some of the funds to fund future ventures, I have been investing in different businesses around the city."

He smiled tllookong to Mikelle "I have a few own businesses, I like to be a silent partner in other trades"

He grinned at Elra "It helps to diversify, as we never know what the future may hold"

He could feel his stomach churning from hunger

Elra almost smirked at the comment. “I certainly know a thing or two about diversifying my fortune.” It’s part of the reason she built the Den, instead of a couple smaller shops for her and her sister. She finished the last her tea and set down the cup. “Alliria is the place to do it. You can find virtually any business here.” She heard the kitchen door open and glanced over.

Tanith stepped out, a bowl of stew in one hand and a fresh pot of tea in the other. She sauntered over to their table and smiled brightly. “Hello again!” She set the bowl in front of Tyrenlil. “Here’s your stew, hope you enjoy!”

She set the teapot down in the middle of the table and set an empty cup in front of Mikelle. “Oh, and I noticed you left your tea by the counter. Can’t have you going about your day without having had a good cup of tea.”

Even after nearly a century and a half, Elra marveled at how much enthusiasm her sister managed to put into everything she did.

"Ahh," Mikelle hummed wistfully. He sounded a bit disappointed that Tyrenlil wouldn't go into detail, but he did get the feeling that Tyrenlil was a man who chose his words perfectly. He knew when to pause and hook the two of his listeners--or at least Mikelle--in further to his world of wonder.

Before Mikelle could ask another question, Tanith had returned and with a cup and a whole pot of tea.

"Well don't you know me so well, Miss Mistfall! I can't thank you enough!" Mikelle beamed and poured himself a fresh cup of tea. He made sure to breath in its aroma before saying anything else to anyone else.

"So, silent partners and varied business ownerships, hm?" Mikelle mused with a smile. "If we can guess what businesses, would you give us a truthful yes? I think I've at least heard enough to make an educated guess."

Mikelle then took a long sip of his tea.

• Yay
Tyr smiled slyly at Mikelle "I perfer to keep, those businesses I partner with for the most part my business" He took the spoon from his stew and placed the step into his mouth pulling it slowly out and he sighed heavily eyes rolling upwards with a resounding mmm. It had been a while since he had anything other than fish

"It's part of the arrangement, it gives me a level of anonymity" He smiled to Elra "Not that any of the businesses I invest in are doing anything they shouldn't" He paused "However, say I invested in an Inn, and a patron slipped and fell down and broke something" He smiled to Mikelle "If there is any legal action, I would not be involved"

He looked to Elra and smiled "I'm sure you have things in place to protect from these sorts of things"

He returned the spoon to his mouth letting it linger there for a moment.

"There are many opportunist out there"

Tanith waved her hand at Mikelle’s apology. “Aww, don’t mention it. I’m happy to help.” She suppressed a smirk when Mikelle claimed he could guess. She’s sure the boy knew plenty about business, but she thinks guessing this one might be a little out of his league. Her lips part. “Is that so? What is your guess then?”

She briefly stepped away to tend to another table. Although she kept listening to their conversation. She made eye contact with Elra while Tyrenlil spoke, before she looked away to continue her task.

While an adventurer certainly could choose to invest in businesses anonymously, to fund their life of adventure and accumulate some money. It’s also a common tactic for criminals. She should know, given she, and Elra have dealt with their kind for years. Ah, but she’s just a humble teamaker now, not a bounty hunter. She’d find out which of the two it was eventually, assuming Tyrenlil stuck around.

“I see,” she heard Elra say. “Most of our clientele are pretty, resilient, but we do have legal protections in place. Such as for those who use our training field.”

Mikelle slowly nodded to Tyrenlil's secrecy. He did have a good point, but it only made Mikelle feel confident in his own assumptions. Yet when Tanith inquired what Mikelle might have guessed, Mikelle only looked up at her and quietly tapped his index finger over his own lips; a gesture of silence being kept. If Tyrenlil didn't want to play, then Mikelle did not seem burdened by saying nothing at all.

"I suppose then the businesses he's associated with," Mikelle turned his head to Elra, "do not have very resilient employees or customers. They're more delicate, dainty even. There's certainly plenty of businesses in Alliria with clients and workers more feeble than the Dragon's Den offers. A place filled with absolute dogs ready to pounce on the first sign of trouble. Trouble rarely protected by paperwork."

The halfling's tone was playful and cheekily knowing. He gestured a hand out a little, fingers taught into curled claw shapes. Whether or not he was actually right he didn't know but it was still fun to tease a little. Frankly, Mikelle assumed at least one brothel. He took a sip of his tea.

"But keep your secrets then. I'm more curious about your adventures on the seas anyways! Actually, I don't think I caught the name of your ship before?" Mikelle half expected it to be something like The Lady's Loins, if Tyrenlil was even willing to admit such a thing.

• Yay
Elra raised an eyebrow at Mikelle’s description. Certain she didn’t want to know what he was getting at. She shook her head. Truthfully, she doubted Tyrenlil owned any businesses that truly skirted the law or operated in a gray area. If he was an adventurer, he likely would try to avoid such entanglements, while if he was a criminal, he’d want his legitimate businesses to (at least publicly) operate within the law.

She poured herself another cup of tea. Mentally chiding herself for taking a longer break than she’d originally planned. Although she didn’t have any pressing business, at the moment. “Yes, your ship. What kind is it?”

Tyr smiled slyly at Mikelle, he took another scoop of his his hot stew, he pulled the spoon again The hobbit was a quick one he knew wit when he saw it, Elra for that matter had it in spades, he knew this about her already from the subtle things in her body language. He could tell that she was one to trust her gut. "I chartered a vessel by the name of The Trade Wind" He turned to Elra" A mercantile fluyt"

Tyr did indeed own a ship. The Draco, a Galleon. He had bought it and hired the crew, with the bounty he had received from his last privateering venture with another captain, it had finally afforded him the funds to buy such a beautiful vessel, he had drew every detail for years customizing every detail of the vessel.

His venture with The Trade Wind though had made him very wealthy, but for him it was never enough. He wanted to see those families that had destroyed his family put right where they had left him to die. He worked in the shadows honing his abilities as a Rogue and as a Pirate taking down each family four of the seven remained.

His smile never left his face, he finished his bowl of stew and stood slowly "If you will please excuse me" He did a half bow and smiled"I will need to have my things taken from the docks and taken to my room, before it gets too late" He grinned "The Streets can be quite dangerous at night" he winked at Elra softly and turned to leave headed towards the dock, hands in his pocket as he sauntered off. He was one of the dangers, not because he was a mugger no he was above that. He was a danger to those who seeked to mug. His unassuming appearance made him seem an easy target. Assumptions that lead men to an early grave.

Last edited:
Tanith paid close attention to the conversation, without breaking from her task. She had a feeling her sister would be looking up ‘Trade Wind’ when she had a chance. Not that either of them believed a criminal would be as tactless as to give them a fake name. Still, wouldn’t hurt to look. Maybe the crew members could tell them more.

She stole a glance at Tyrenlil as he walked past, smiling and waving at him. “Careful on the streets,” she said knowingly. Adventurer or criminal, she doubted the average cutpurse could stand a chance against him. “I’ll see you later.”

She spun around and walked back to the table where Elra and Mikelle sat. “Hmm, interesting fellow, huh?”

Elra closed her eyes and exhaled. “That’s one way of putting it.”

• Yay
Reactions: Tyrenlil Swiftwind