Private Tales The Chains of Family

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Olvir glanced down at the sword again. The idea of getting...taken over by his own weapon was more than a little concerning. Nerves flickered through his chest, and he was about to say something to Alistair when a voice rang in his head.

Don't worry, boy. I'm perfectly content with how things are.

The Noble felt his fingers tighten, the words somehow not even a touch reassuring. "I'll...keep it in mind."

He said with a nod to his new friend.

"I think...uhh." Olvir glanced over his shoulder for a moment towards the fire. "I think our business is down for now, eh?"

Ollie suggested, mostly because he wanted to get his mind off of the talking sword that now hung from his hip. "Let's go have some fun."

Alistair glanced down at the sword as he noticed Olvir's grip tightened, but he nodded when the other man shrugged off the subject.

"Sure, you did well today. Let's get some drinks and then we can get on out of here whenever you are ready."

He wasn't sure if they had more creditors to talk to, but Alistair would prefer that they get out of here as soon as possible. They had destroyed the Assassin's den, but that did not mean that there weren't a few out there that could get lucky when trying to kill them.

Alistair continued walking but did not stop in any tavern until they were at least a few blocks away from the burning building. The greater the distance, the less likely they might be noticed.

Olvir

A few more steps.

A few more blocks. That was all it took. A little bit more travel time before Alistair and Ollie finally found themselves out of the danger.

Least that was his estimation. "Grand."

Most would have thought him a fool. A son of the noble House of Weiroon who had a bit too much of a taste of the high life. They would see him as a wastrel. Someone who could keep his eyes on the party but not on the business to be done.

It was that very veneer he was after though. He wanted them to think him a fool. A party boy,

He wrapped his arm around Alistair's shoulder as they approached the Three Tree's Inn.

"Let me buy you a drink, my friend." Ollie said with a smirk. "And a second, and a third!"

This time his voice boomed out as they stepped into the tavern.