Open Chronicles The Benefits of Fraternity

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Tal

The Unbound
Character Biography
Link
Tyr - The Old Ekren Palace

Tal had always loved a good party. It had been one of the primary reasons why his father had so despised him before his exile.

He'd a constant need for activity of some sort, never able to remain quiet, never staying put. He had enjoyed the night life of Tyr more than many could ever hope to do. Having spent his youth doused in Alcohol, Shade, Ryll, and every other kind of drug or mind-altering substance that he could get his hand on. The Chaos he'd caused were still talked about by some of the Death Watch Guard.

Mostly because they had been the ones that needed to stop him at the end of his benders.

A small quirk pulled at the edge of his lips as he surveyed the room, letting his mind dance through the memories as he watched his guests.

Though a great many of them were Tyrians, friends whom he'd invited to a huge welcome home bash, there were also dozens of foreigners among the ranks of those attending. Men and women from all over the World had been called upon. Allirians, Anirians, Imperials, even some folk from Dornoch and Molthal. Tal had cast a wide net, sending out invitations to many he'd met over the last decade.

He knew that most wouldn't come themselves, instead sending representatives, but this day had long been in the making. He'd ingratiated himself with a dozen courts during his exile, and now returning to Tyr he intended to exploit each of them in the best way possible. "Seeking brothers? From what I hear they have yet to welcome you."

A sultry, teasing voice reached his ear as Daya Aronaile stepped up onto the dais Tal was waiting on.

The prince smiled as he saw his old friend, gently wrapping half an arm around her before gently kissing each of her cheeks.

"You're wrong about that, Eren sent some people to say hello." An immediate frown touched Daya's lips, clearly unhappy that she had somehow missed such information. "Don't worry, sweetheart, it was a quiet message. One meant just for me."

For a moment the other Tyrian seemed to stare at him, and then slowly she nodded her head in understand. "They won't try tonight."

The Prince continued with a gesture to the crowd. "Too many opportunities to start a war."

A grin flickered over Talmanes features, but Daya only shook her head. She knew what he meant of course, she knew better than anyone. Daya had served as Tal's fathers spymaster for almost twenty years now. Incredibly young for her position, the Tyrian had taken her place after killing the former spymaster. Her then tutor and mentor.

Daya smiled.

"I know." She said. "It's why I'm here."

There was little doubt that had there been any chance of his brothers being here Daya would not have shown her face. The fact that they were still friends rankled both of his siblings, the fact that she had quit her position after his exile? That had infuriated them both.

"Well, do keep your ears open, darling." Tal said as he gently grasped her hand, kissing her knuckles. "I have guests to greet."

The Prince said, offering a bow before he descended into the party below.

Very rarely was Alistair offered the chance to knock out two birds with one stone. There was his life as a Dreadlord and there was his life as a noble and they were distinctly separate. However, just this once he would use one to gain advantage in another.

He had managed to acquire this invitation while he was still in Tyr from his mission to track down a stolen Anirian artifact with Edric and Ralene. This night, he had left his two companions to their own devices, and they had left him to make connections.

The past year had involved House Krixus making several expansive moves...and nearly bankrupting themselves...Well, let's just be honest. It was Alistair. Alistair had nearly bankrupted House Krixus, but they had held on. He had managed to create trading routes into the Empire and Elbion, even going as far as to buy a trading boat. Now was the time to take a bolt venture, he wanted to set up a deal in Tyr.

Negotiations were never fun for Alistair, but Tyr was putting that to the test. They certainly knew how to throw a party.

Alistair scanned over the room with a nice glass of wine in one hand and a smile on his face. He had already engaged in small talk with several individuals, and he was pleasantly surprised to find other foreigners here. It not only made him more comfortable, but it also mean their were other connections to be made here besides Tyr.

• Wonder
Reactions: Tal
Calliope hesitated for a moment before stepping into the grand hall of Talmanes' uncle's estate. She wore an elegant gown of black, adorned with intricate lace and delicate embroidery, but the discomfort in her eyes betrayed the facade of poise she wore. The opulence and splendor of the occasion contrasted starkly with the turmoil that churned within her.

The vibrant melodies of the musicians filled the air as Calliope made her way through the crowd, her steps measured and deliberate, her responses to greetings polite, yet brief. She had purposely arrived a little late, choosing to enter alone rather than be tightly linked to her husband's arm. The last thing she desired was to suffer the forced pleasantries and painfully fake smiles that accompanied their recent "marriage."

The room buzzed with excitement and anticipation as guests mingled, and laughter filled the air. Calliope's gaze swept across the crowd, her crimson eyes keenly observing the subtle exchanges and hidden agendas that danced beneath the surface. It was not the joyful celebration it appeared to be, but rather a gathering of players in a dangerous game. She watched her husband from where she sipped from a cup of amber liquid from one of the large, arched doorways which led out onto the balcony. Many more in the room, too, watched him. She'd made sure of it.

Talmanes, resplendent in his finery, moved through the crowd with practiced charm and charisma, his presence commanding attention. In the midst of the grand hall, she watched him, the weight of her predicaments pressing upon her shoulders. Endurance had become her constant companion, a cloak she wore to conceal her true desires and intentions. Her crimson eyes, filled with a mix of weariness and determination, held a silent promise to herself that this would not be her fate forever. Her presence here was not to play the role of a devoted wife, but to seize any opportunity to safeguard her loved ones and gather the necessary strength to forge her own path forward.

• Smug
Twelve years was much too long to be away from one's home, but Margot had her excuses, and they were good ones at that. But when she had heard the one and only Talmanes Al'Vere was hosting a party in the Old Ekren Palace and had invited her family, she decided it was about time she returned to Tyr. The Rebudhan name had a reputation to uphold, after all.

Stepping into the grand hall, Margot arched a perfectly manicured brow at the elaborate and decadent decorations. Typical Al'Vere, if her memory served her correctly. She matched the elegant splendor of the room and the people inside it as she wore a red satin gown and diamond earrings, her lips painted a blood red to match her hair.

She walked slowly through the crowd, looking for any remnants of her family from before she had been kidnapped. She wondered if anyone would recognize her, even as she recognized others. She recognized Alistair, who was also a Dreadlord, but she knew him merely by name and appearance.

• Gasp
After a few quick chats with guests from Alliria, Talmanes came to Alistair Krixus.

Daya had told him that the man had attended a party hosted by his father some weeks ago, apparently hunting another guests from the same homeland. There was surprising little information about the whole incident, though whether due to the work of his fathers agents or because of the skill of the man now before him was hard to tell.

Nevertheless, from what Tal mad managed to gather that House Krixus was something of a rising star.

If dealt with right, the Anirian could come in very handy. His fight for the throne would not be an easy one, Tal knew. He needed money, allies, and resources. Right now those were most easily found outside of Tyr. Ten years was a long time to be absent, and although he still had many friends in all three courts things were still difficult.

Simply put; He needed more.

More money. More men. More friends.

Right now his position was precarious, not the least because of his loving wife. He needed to shore up his position, especially since he was leaving soon. "Lord Krixus."

Talmanes said in greeting, smiling warmly and letting his gaze flicker over the Anirian.

"I'm so glad you accepted my invitation." One that Daya had slipped him upon his previous visit. "I know I'm not as impressive as your last conversational partner."

He knew of Alistair's conversation with Salokan. "But I am Prince Talmanes. Just recently returned to the city myself."

• Cthulu Knife
Reactions: Calliope
Alistair turned to his name and met the Prince with a smile. He had managed to ask around about Talamanes before this event and the rumors were...strong. A troublemaker, but that could simply be the folly of youth. The man before him certainly looked the part of royalty.

"Ah, please. Just call me Alistair. The title has always felt...constrictive."

He reached down to the table and picked up another glass mimicking his own and offered it to the Prince.

"I assure you that this event and its guest are just as impressive, simply in different ways. I will admit, I was surprised to earn this invitation, and even more surprised to see such varied company...It is an honor that my name came to mind for this gathering Prince Talmanes, and a pleasure to speak with you..."

There was another question that Alistair wanted to ask, but he hesitated slightly. He likely knew the answer, but he wanted to hear the Prince say it rather than putting words in his mouth.

Tal

Calliope's attention was momentarily diverted from her conversation with the small, sycophantic group surrounding her as she caught sight of a woman passing nearby. There was something captivating about her, an air of familiarity that tugged at the edges of her consciousness, but she couldn't place her.

Seizing the opportunity to escape the shallow flattery and false camaraderie, Calliope excused herself with a polite smile and set her sights on intercepting Margot's path. She felt an inexplicable pull towards the red-haired woman, a curiosity that demanded satisfaction.

Cup of fire whisky in hand, Calliope closed the distance between them, her eyes fixed on Margot's emerald orbs. With a huff of laughter and a friendly smile, she extended the drink, her voice laced with a hint of amusement. "You clearly need a drink," Calliope remarked, her words carrying a touch of playfulness. "I'm not sure we've met?"
Margot

• Sip
Reactions: Margot
The corner of Margot's mouth quirked upwards as the woman walked up to her, offering a cup of fire whiskey. Margot thought the woman looked familiar but couldn't seem to place her. Was she perhaps Talmanes new wife? Margot had heard rumors but nothing more; she hadn't returned home in over a decade.

"I believe you might need it more than me," she replied, not yet taking the drink. She had no intentions of being rude, however. "Margot Rebudhan," she continued, introducing herself. Her smile stretched wider. "You look vaguely familiar,"

Calliope