Fable - Ask Six Thousand Years and a Overnight Story

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
I tried to walk away, Saang Lusce, she sighed to herself as the woman threw her weight once more into her shoulder. She had promised her handler she would try to settle things with words rather than her fists, though admittedly maybe calling a huma pig-skin did not count as 'diplomacy' as Saang had called it, but what was she to do when talking did nothing?

She tried not to enjoy it too much as she rounded on Reika and threw her fist right into the woman's throat. The scent of human blood made her pupils dilate and the desire to kill crept in to her mind like a sweet sirens song. Before the woman could stumble too far away she fisted her hand in her silken tresses and yanked her head downwards to meet with the upward swing of Ianthe's knee.

Below this action. Amidst the legs of Ianthe and Reika the goblin Wrongtoe reached out with their tiny halberd and using it as a hook about Reika's ankle pulled hard as possible to send the human falling hard onto her backside.
"Waaagh. Hai hai!"
Their cry was sharp and snarly and garnered no small amount of attention from passers by.
"Gah gah. Haha!"
There are not many things a goblin will not attack, especially when it's being attacked by something else.

Ianthe Reika

Dedra pulled Ethir by the arm into a darkened tent - only to come face-to-face with two fae. One of them had gold dripping from her eyes and lips, looking like a broken marble statue come to life. The other shifted in shadows, the only light flickering in their crimson eyes.

There was no sound except for the scuffle outside. At least, at first.

Ethir raised an eyebrow indignantly as Dedra pulled her by the arm away from Reika. Ethir did not have to be a fortune teller to know that Ianthe and Reika were going to fight; their temperaments were too similar.

Nevertheless, Ethir let the other Fae take her into a different, darker tent. They were met with two Fae, one a beautiful gold, and the other an ugly dark color. The gold one spoke, her voice light and fearful. "Reika and Ianthe are fighting," Ethir said matter of factly.

Ianthe was quicker than Reika, there was no denying it. Just as Ethir had finished speaking and informing those in the tent about the ruckus outside, Reika was crashing through the tent. The simple knee to her face left the human with a broken nose and perhaps more, but worse of all was how she fell back into the tent. Completely knocked out, Reika would be unable to move. The tent began to deflate and from the commotion, shouting could be heard now.

[knocked out, thread exit.]

• Gasp
Reactions: Dedra
The body of Reika hit the tent with such force that one of the ropes and stakes used to hold it up came out of the ground. The tent began to lean under Reika’s weight. Xanthe wasn’t sure who this Ianthe was, but if it was a new handler or hunter of the Market then she was to be feared. Xanthe already feared her and she was certain that the moment she saw Ianthe’s terrifying face she would likely piss herself.

She went back to the old fae without a tree or heart seed and knelt down.

We have to leave this tent. We’ll get in trouble.” She said to them, grabbing one skinny arm and trying her best to lift them back up. But Xanthe was much too weak for such a thing and she looked at Dedra and Ethir with a begging look in her strange, gold eyes without pupils.

Please, help us.

Aelas Ianthe Wrongtoe Dedra Ethir

• Popcorn
Reactions: Dedra and Ethir
Dedra's eyes widened. Threads of fate were everywhere, practically spilling out of the tent. The two Fae before her looked beaten and frail. This is what happens when the Suntory get tired of you, isn't it?

Dedra's first instinct was to be a good girl and leave. Perrault wouldn't like a late lunch, would he? And he wouldn't want her to be involved with two troublemakers. She took a step backwards. Her hands turned cold and began to shake. This is a trap. I don't know why, but it must be. She turned to the tent flap, to the sounds of fighting and chaos outside.

The face of the noblewoman floated up before her eyes again. Dedra felt guilt curdle in her stomach. She cursed inwardly. Like a damn ghost, haunting me. The fortune-teller turned back to the two Fae, huddled together in fear.

"I...I can get you something to eat," Dedra murmured. And that's all! I shouldn't get involved any further. She twisted the sleeves of her robes nervously.

Why does this feel so familiar?

• Bless
Reactions: Alouette