Private Tales Red Light. Ragash.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Ashuanar

Vizier of the Red Sun
Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

It had been months since things had returned to what could be said was a relative normal. The whole of the Empire had a tightened grip upon it, and as the Red Sun it was by his doing this had been done. What had taken place in this very palace, despite the particular circumstance, was unacceptable. Many lives, expensive lives had been lost under his own watch, and he would not have it be such a way again. Truthfully there was no blame to place on anyone for what had happened, not amongst them, but despite this he only held himself responsible. If only he'd been more prepared, if only he'd had more men stationed...

There was a great swooping sound as the covers over him were tossed aside and his legs thrown out from over his mattress. With his elbows planted down on top his knees he ran his face through his hands, bending down to run his fingers through his hair finally stopping with a pair of scrunched fistfuls, and a sigh. He stood.

After spending a short while tying his hair back in a braid, he clothed himself in his Sipahi garb and left from his chamber. The hour was late, likely midnight by now. And as he toured the palace's grand corridors, his mind continued to wander. It had drifted away from the horrors of the Cold Night and moved on to more encompassing things... their last meeting of the Divan had been carried out under great tension. Though he of all people would be the first to advocate for more military strength, he had tabled a more delicate approach to the heightened restrictions that had been placed on the populace, citing the freedoms which the god-emperor Gerra had worked so diligently to implement. Though the decision was ultimately up to those of the Divan itself, the council of influences that surrounded them were also to be appeased. Gerra's methods had worked in two ways, for the governed, and also for the governors. He'd not consolidated power quite so tightly, and so when faced with the issues at hand in their current days, Ashuanar felt pressured to take measure that even he did not think necessary - or even appropriate in some cases.

Still, the well-being of the Empire as a whole rested on the shoulders of he and oh-so few others.

He came to a mural on the wall. It was of he, and those others of the current day Divan, and of course Gerra as well. But of all those depicted on the display his eyes rested only on one... the artist had done well to capture her beauty.

With his hands behind his back he dwelt there for a time in the dim torchlight, over the span of which a number of late night guards passed by, some going one way and some going the other. All the while his thoughts dwelt on the one whose image his eyes could not pull themselves from: Wielder of The Fists of Aramekh, Grand Vizier of the Stars - now Empress-Regent of the Empire, Medja.

He thought he could handle it. But, in this, not even the Band of Serqet granted him any guidance or strength. Perhaps he was simply too young, as for an Abtati he was still quite so. Though it was that her free spirit was verily something he admired and cherished, it was also something that had, over time he'd found, wounded him. There was no amount of strength in his veins that he would not give, there wasn't an ounce of his soul he would not pour, and yet... it was not enough. Was any one for another ever enough? He did not know...

His hand reached to the image, hesitated, and then withdrew with a great weight that felt as though it might split him. His eyes fell for a moment, and then with a lifted chin and a heavy breath he turned away, and once again - wandered...

The sparse cloud cover overhead parted, and the light of the moons washed over the torchlit city. There was no such hour when Ragash truly slept, and as Ashuanar strolled through the western sectors he encountered many kinds of passersby. There were some carriages being pulled about, but most traveled on foot. Some traveled in groups or pairs, some alone, and most were intoxicated in some form or another. Music played from a number of different establishments, and the activity within each spilled out into the street. There were also many late night vendors, each selling tobacco, paraphilia and other peculiar wares from the storefront kiosks. The western sectors were always the most lively, and Ashuanar began to find comfort in the business of the late night. Out here like this, even in garb that identified him as a Sipahi to any who knew them, none would suspect him to be who he was. Or at least, that was how it seemed.

Last edited:
  • Cry
  • Yay
Reactions: Medja and Wisteria
This was her bread and butter, this was how she took care of her sister. Wisteria felt no shame for what she did, it was for her family, and for the Empire. The hour was growing late, and now is when she would rise from bed, to begin the plucking and preening that made her desirable. She pulled the covers from her supple frame, bare in the moonlight that pooled through her window. A stretch, and a swish of her tail, and she was moving to the bath. It steamed slightly, the smell of roses scenting the air.

She was meticulous in her bathing, every inch was scrubbed with practiced hands. Only until the water started to chill, did she emerge. She flicked her ears and tail respectively, covering herself in a satin robe. Now, the hair, the painted face. Each tangle eradicated, her eyes charcoaled and her cheeks reddened. She didn't apply as much as the other girls, she felt it silly to. She once again stripped to reveal pale flesh, she admired herself for a moment before dressing, satisfied with how she looked.

Finally, it was time. With a soft hum, Wisteria left her home. She was ready to make money off the drunk and foolish, more ready to learn all their secrets. She made her way to her typical starting hovel, weaving her way through the stalls and the people that ambled drunkenly through the streets. The tavern she headed to was dingy, dirty, and yet it was her favorite. She knew most by name, and they were quick with free drinks and practically gave away their coin.

She was mere steps from the tavern, pausing as someone caught her eye. Not just someone, what was he doing wandering the dark and twisted midnight streets? Not that his safety would be an issue, but still it was a strange site. She probably wouldn't have even known him, had she not worked for the Empire in secret. With a click of her tongue, she turned on her heel to follow, her interest piqued. She wondered if she should stop him, offer a drink, a place of comfort..yet she hesitated. Perhaps in following, courage would present itself.

Ashuanar

• Smug
Reactions: Ashuanar
The ease in his feet likely spoke to the wandering of his mind to those with keen eyes. And truly, as his own gaze slowly moved from one happening to the next, behind it there was little more than a wayward memory. He found himself recounting fonder thoughts, but even in these there was a well of sorrow, like none of it had ever mattered. Though these scales wanted to tip one way and then the other, he refused to let the weights fall too far out of balance. That was why he was here, after all.

After some time he came to an even busier place, and in the midst of it all there was somewhere in particular that caught his eye. It seemed a smaller place than say the Rare Raven, but it seemed like the kind of quiet place he'd enjoy, so he made his way there.

Stepping in he found it to be a long and narrow place, though there was a great archway leading to what he assumed was a grander room, but it was hidden behind curtains. There was smoke in there air from people smoking their shish, there the smell of liquor and also something else though it was masked by the sweetness of the hookahs. All of it felt intoxicating, and almost immediately he found himself settling into a contented ease. He moved to an empty lounge where there was a hookah waiting for him, and someone was quick to tend to him. They offered him many things, all of which he chose to partake of.

When they left, his eyes turned to the door.

Wisteria weaved between the small crowds and night prowlers that stalked the streets. No one paid her much mind, no she wasn't dancing tonight. She flicked an ear as she studied Ashuanar from a distance, though she had entertained many from court, he was foreign to her. He felt untouchable, and yet still she followed. He may send her away when it's all said and done, or maybe he'd enjoy her company. She wouldn't be content until she found out.

Wisteria smiled with approval at his choice of hovel. Not the fancy, flashy places most flocked to. They were nothing but drains for coin purses, and she was pleased she wouldn't have to approach him there. Quiet was good, intimate, safe. The silk of her sleeve made a soft whisper as she lifted her hand to the door, a delicate and trained touch, she opened it with ease and slipped inside.

The dim lighting was fitting, the smell of intoxication layered the air in a familiar scent. Her eyes quickly adjusted, landing on the one she had followed so diligently. She made her way to him, it didn't take long and he was before her. With a swish of her tail, and a charming smile she ducked her head respectfully. "I apologize for the intrusion, I was curious if someone of your stature may perhaps want some company?" She made no move to sit, instead she waited. There was no guarantee he would want her company, and she wouldn't dare piss off someone from the palace.

Ashuanar

• Yay
Ashuanar's eyes had fallen upon the door and departed just as the alluring Wisteria entered in. With his attention diverted he failed to notice her approach, only laying eyes on her as she made her final steps toward him. From where he sat he looked up at her, intrigued. He had hardly expected to be recognized in this place, but nevertheless she seemed to know exactly who he was based on how she spoke to him. He studied her, his visage as unwavering as it would be in the halls of the Divan, portraying only an unyielding strength.

But, to one so shrewd, it was clear in his eyes that this strength did in fact waver. It was not so unyielding.

He drew in a contemplative breath, settling back into his seat a little more comfortably and offering a welcome gesture with his hand, "please, sit. You are hardly intruding." His hand settled onto his lap, "and to whom do I owe the pleasure?"

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Wisteria
Wisteria studied the Vizier quietly, he appeared as if carved in stone. He was indeed a beautiful work of art, and she knew others had noticed it as well. She rarely met anyone from the palace proper, her messages carried by other Hands. Still, she wanted for nothing, her monthly allotment was more than acceptable.

As she studied him, her eyes met his and she could see what she thought was a sadness behind them. Outwardly strong, inwardly hurting she mused to herself. She wondered what things he had seen and done, what made him tick. This was a rare opportunity for the fox girl.

A pleasant smile graced her lips as he answered her in kind. She would gladly keep his company as long as he allowed it. Wisteria motioned for a barmaid as she took her seat, drinks should be had after all. "My name is Wisteria, and the pleasure is all mine. It's not often I see someone as important as you down here."

Drinks were placed before them and she shooed the barmaid away as she wrapped her dainty hands around her cup. She tilted her head at the larger man and smiled again. "What is it you're looking for, perhaps I can help."

• Cthuloo
He watched her with a casual gaze as she made herself seated. Then he allowed his eyes to follow where hers went when she motioned for the barmaid, adding her drink to the already extensive one the vizier had placed just prior.

The drinks were set and his eyes fell upon them as he smiled and nodded as she spoke. So she did know who he was, perhaps even by name. This in itself was perhaps a cause for concern, but then again if it were then she would be a lot less obvious about it... or so he would assume. In any case, against his better judgement, he dismissed it as nothing of note. It was not as though his face was exactly unknown to the public, simply infrequently seen.

Then Wisteria asked him a question.

Across from her, he sat somewhat humbly with one leg hung over the other and his hands placed neatly in his lap. His head was hung some as his eyes studied the drink that sat waiting for him on the table. Inhaling a deep breath he slowly lifted his head to bring his gaze up, meeting hers.

What are you looking for, Ashuanar?

His hand reached for the drink as a wry smile found his features. His eyes dropped momentarily only to lift again as he brought the drink to his lips, "perhaps I am only waiting."

He sipped from his glass.

"It would seem to me you are the one searching," he gestured politely with his hand, "you found me, did you not?"

• Smug
She brought her elbows up, resting her chin on her hands. He was truly a majestic man, intimidating and mysterious. She lifted her gaze to his as he spoke, the tone of his voice making the hairs on the back of her head stand up.

Wisteria made no move for her drink, her eyes never leaving her companion. The roved over every inch she could see. She took a small breath as she smiled coyly at him.

"I am a curious girl, especially when Vizier Ashuanar comes to the pit of temptation." She cocked her head up at him, drinking in the aurora of masculinity. No, she doubted anyone could compete with him. "I have my reasons why I sought you out, and I will keep them close to my chest for now." She inclined her head, finally reaching for her drink. She was challenging him in a way, she wanted to test the man, feel who he was.

Ashuanar

• Smug
The arch in one of his brows heightened just some, the smile on his lips turning to one of an intrigued amusement. He swirled his glass just there before his lips.

"Surely you don't mean to say you've been waiting for me," he inquired before he took another sip and set the glass back down onto the table.

No sooner did the words leave his lips did the barmaid, accompanied by several others, returned with a number of interesting amenities. Not only were there a number of finger foods mostly consisting of fruits and sliced meats, but there were also a few decorated bottles and a wide assortment of shish to enjoy in the hookah that was already there. There were a few more exotic herbs that were also delivered, as well as some curious spices.

He smiled to the maids and gave them leave, allowing him to return his attention to the one he would much rather spend it on. This Wisteria was someone he had certainly not expected, and he could easily say she had him curious. He wasn't so surprised that she knew him, but rather that she had any sort of business with him personally at all. Then again, it was likely his station that drew in the interest. Were it Al'Daim: Vizier of the Red Sun, her interest would probably be in him just as keenly.

Perhaps this was one of those perks of being in the public eye.

Perhaps this was not.

• Smug
Wisteria gave him a coy smile as he questioned her, the bright look of curiosity lightening her eyes. If it hadn't been for her being a Hand, she would have never been able to pick him out in a crowd. Though, if she had seen him, she'd definitely have sought out his bed company then.

"I did not imagine you'd ever visit here, not with the reputation it would garner. Given that you have, it begged for me to investigate. I would have sought you out elsewhere, had I needed to."

Wis raised her glass to her lips as the barmaids made haste to attend to Ashuanar. A smirk turned the corners of her mouth, but she dropped it as she put the glass down. Exotic fruits, those of which hailed from across the sea shone like jewels upon the table.

Wisteria reached for a berry, delicate in its maroon hue. She reached over and touched it delicately to his lips, a sultry smile begging him to take a bite. "It's sweet, you should try it."

Ashuanar

• Smug
His eyes fell and he hummed, finding this interaction more interesting with every passing moment. When he left from the palace he hardly though anything of whatever reputation she spoke of. Perhaps it was his arrogance, but he did not fear whatever picture coming to such a place might paint. As his eyes slowly lifted once again they studied her features with a little more intent, diverting only once she raised a berry to his lips.

The mere act of it, how bold she was in spite of him...

With no sense of hesitation did he respond. His eyes met with hers as he leaned forward just so and took the fruit from her grasp. His lips pressed softly against her fingertips before he withdrew. He bit into it, and his eyes softened with and obvious delight to its flavour.

He sipped from his drink, and then said, "it would seem you have a select taste."

• Smug
A soft brush of her fingertips as he took the berry into his mouth, the soft rush of breath on her skin..she smiled internally as he took to her charm willingly. They were entrapped in this game now. Give a little, take a little.

"Look at me, I know exotic and delicious when I spot it." She pointed at her ears with a teasing tilt of her lips. "Tell me, Vizier, what do you know of this area? Do you know what happened under the Empire's nose?"

She again, with the boldness she carried well, pressed her fingertips to his arm, sliding just close enough for them to share heat between their skin.

Ashuanar

• Ctuhlu senpai
"Look at me..."
And so he did, allowing his eyes to run slowly along every line of her that he could see. His chin tilted to the side some as his eyes fell to the touch of her flesh so gently against his. His eyes closed for a moment, then opened squarely upon her.

"There are many things that go unsaid in this city," he said as a wry smile took his lips, "and much more unheard, I'm sure."

It was farthest from his mind, but in saying something he knew to be true, he brought to mind something else he also dwelt upon far too often. He kept this, and with a subtle breath he reached for a berry of his own, and offered it to her much like she had to him, saying, "but please, do enlighten me."

• Ctuhlu senpai
She could feel his gaze on her, exploring her body, undressing her with his eyes. In the next moment, he was addressing what she had said and the moment evaporated for the time being.

Wisteria took the offered berry between her lips, her eyes never leaving Ashuanar's. Her fingertips trailed up his arm and she leaned closer, the smell of jasmine on her skin.

Before responding, she scanned the area with well trained eyes, listened with well trained ears. She leaned even closer, pressing a hand flat on his chest, her lips grazing his ear. "You need to look into the black market. There are things that need to be handled. I want to help."

She leaned away, removing her hand from his skin. She reached for her glass, the condensation dripping upon the pale skin of her chest as she brought it to her lips. It was if she had never spoken to him about it.

Ashuanar

• Ctuhlu senpai
Ashuanar was not one born into nobility with a natural sense for the subtleties commonly displayed amongst those with a more elevated sense. He had, however, been vizier long enough to become more than well enough acquainted. He played into the seduction of her movements and heard her secret whispers as flawlessly as one could have hoped. His eyes fell more obviously upon her then, taking the opportunity to play the part as much for his own benefit as it was for her.

He grinned a devilish grin, and lifted his drink to his lips as he said, "it seems we would have much to discuss in private, perhaps a tour of the palace? I could be your escort."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Wisteria gave a the Vizier a coy small as he offered a tour of the palace. The reasons were sound, alone time to speak. The "tour" would hopefully end up in his bedchambers. She touched his hand lightly with hers and nodded.

"I'd love the chance for a private tour, lead the way Vizier." She slid from her seat with graceful ease, her tail twitching just slightly in excitement. She had a few goals tonight, and she would achieve them in any way possible.

Ashuanar

• Ctuhlu senpai
Ashuanar leaned back with an inquiring gaze as she so eagerly lifted herself from her place. His smile had not left his lips, and though she had certainly captured all of his attention, he had no intention of taking her to the palace just yet. So instead, he took the opportunity with her standing once again before him to examine her far more closely, his eyes falling slowly down her lines to her toes, and then just as leisurely back up to her eyes.

Then, he finished his drink, and rose from his place. Very well then, he thought.

With a guiding hand and a smile, he gestured toward the exit.

She studied him, just as he studied her. Wisteria lifted her chin slightly with pride. She knew she was attractive, it's what made her good at her job. He made no move at first, his eyes dancing over every inch. It was hard to tell who was more inclined to lead at this point.

His hand guided her gently, and she offered him a slow smile. She guided that same hand to the small of her back, her eyes looking up at him and telling him to play the part. She was his whore for the night, or so they needed to make it known.

Ashuanar

• Ctuhlu senpai
He offered no resistance, being all too willing to place his hands wherever she wished to guide them. Playing the part was something he could certainly do. And then once again, he found himself out into the bustle of Ragash's nightlife, only now he was not so alone. Once out into the city's broad streets, he looped his arm with Wisteria's, and started on a path that would take them the way he'd come. It was no short trek to the palace, but it would give them ample time to discuss a few things that were maybe best said under the cover of many voices.

"Tell me," he said to her as they walked, "if I were to... handle things, as you say, what interest is it of yours?"

They left the quiet of the tavern, her ears soon assaulted by the chatter of the crowds on the street. Ashuanar took her arm on his, and she brushed the tip of her tail against his back teasingly as they walked.

His questions were expected, and she had the answer. It was simple enough, and he would understand with her revelation. She gestured with her free hand at the necklace she wore. She pulled it up by its delicate silver chain, a single shining sapphire dangling and spinning before his eyes.

"I serve the Empire. It's as simple as that. It's my responsibility." She wondered what he would think of her now, if he realized why she knew what she knew of him. She offered him a small smile, eyes still dancing with mischief as she awaited his reaction.

Ashuanar

• Nervous
There was a sudden sting that came when she lifted the hidden sapphire into view. Almost sharply did his eyes turn away, and thoughts of his emerald empress flooded his mind. His eyes trailed off into the crowd passing by as he collected himself, and though he did his best to hide his discomfort, to one such as Wisteria it was probably all to obvious. His posture had tightened some, the muscles in his neck someone strained, and there was a frown that hid behind the stoicism that rested on his face.

"So, you are a Imperial Hand," he finally said, his eyes yet to return to her.

He thought it strange that one such as her would so happen to come across him on this night. A slightly cruel twist of fate, that something he had hoped with distract him from his woe would be nestled so nicely next to it instead. Wisteria was a servant of Medja's and no doubt answered to her. He began to ponder if this was not something that had been arranged, and he was loathe to think of what discussions may have been had before this evening in regards to him, and to what things Wisteria was privy to. Ashuanar had his own share of secrets, and many of those were very close to his heart.

"And so, has Medja sent you to bring word of this need you speak of?"

Though he hid it well, there was a loss in his voice, a confidence that remained but whose foundations had been shaken.

She could feel the sudden tightness in his muscles as they proceeded through the crowds. It was curious, she hadn't anticipated this reaction from him. She wondered what happened behind closed palace doors, for Medja seemed to bring forth emotion she had not expected.

She tilted her chin up at him, eyes searching for answers, but her lips remaining closed. At his question, she finally spoke. "Indeed, I am." She paused, still studying his body language, still feeling the tension and stiffness he was trying so hard to hide.

At his second question, she shook her head. What was going through his mind? If only she could pluck the thoughts out herself. "Medja had nothing to do with this. This was me coming to you, because I know I can trust you. Certainly I could have brought this to Medja, but it would all be through messengers. You're here by chance, and I had to take it. You have a certain reputation, and certain connections. I'd prefer your help in this."

Wisteria gave him an earnest look, asking for his help and his trust. There was something in this that she wasn't privy too, and it seemed he was full of a hurt she didn't understand.

Ashuanar

• Cthuloo
It was no doubt, to someone as observant as her, that there was a measure of relief that followed after her words. First the name, with a gentle tense, and then the release of a long held breath as her involvement was disregarded. To another he'd likely have passed quite well, but he'd only played so many hands of poker in his time. But to him, he hid it well.

"...I'd prefer your help in this."
He looked to her, and studied her eyes. And, as it was, he saw no reason to doubt her, and instead as the situation settled upon his mind there was a comfort that grew in him, perhaps even greater than before. Wisteria was not so removed as to be someone he should be particularly wary of, or perhaps he should but did not feel as such, and she was distant enough to know little if anything at all of him and where he'd come from. To her, he was the Vizier of the Red Sun, not the once slave and vagabond. Or at least, that is how it seemed.

"I see, then I suppose we can owe chance this time," he replied, turning his eyes forward again.

It wouldn't be too much longer until the Palace would be in sight.

• Cthuloo
Wisteria could feel some of the tension release, and she nodded to herself, satisfied. She would be careful to bring up Medja in the future, for that seemed where the stress stemmed from. It was curious, she'd had to get the maids at the palace to fill her in more.

"I would like you to know that anything that's said or done between the two of us, I will be keeping to myself. I have no desire to pass this on to anyone else. This is my own private endeavor."

She had never officially been to the palace, it was always messengers, not her own delivery. There was an excitement in seeing everything up close, but she kept it to herself, she didn't want to seem childish.

Ashuanar

• Yay
The bustle of the streets began to dwindle as they drew nearer to the palace, and its grandiosity only heightened as they approached. The company around them grew more and more imperial, and more frequently were those Abtati, robed in their white garb and their faces hidden away, seen in the corner of one's keen eye. Though Ashuanar was abroad in the city without a word, his faithful Sipahi were only ever so oblivious. They'd followed him for some time, and only now there were fewer places for them to hide. And though they hid too from his sight, to now little avail, there was no ire or distrust in him for it. Safeguarding their vizier was their ultimate task, be it him or any other.

They came to the palace's grand entrance, and Ashuanar nodded to the many guards and a few other individuals about, and he made mention of how her endeavour would only be so private.

"There are always watchful eyes," he said softly, pressing a finger to his lips which wore a small smile.

"Come."

They entered in and made their way down a wide and tall corridor. Their pace was slow, and Ashuanar spoke of some of the things he knew of the palace, and what changes had taken place after The Empire had taken hold. Most of what he said was trivial, save for perhaps his inclination toward more military presence. It was clear that he had a firm belief in security.

• Wonder