Private Tales Of Similar Cloth

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Tharu San'Seya

Destined Son
Character Biography
Link
If ever Tharu thought that he needed an alternative to the grandiose and massive Grovehaven Castle, then the small patch of land that the Brothers Vitae inhabited would likely be such a home away from home. The Hidden Estate as they called it, rested on a small patch of fertile land within the Ixchel Wilds, much smaller in scale than his Father's home, but also just as comforting to him. The life that surrounded this place was happy; the trees sang, the water moved without hesitation, and the grass swayed with the invisible rhythm of a breeze playing the music of the Gods.

Though his meeting with the three Brothers had concluded, they had graciously allowed him to spend a night of rest within their land before making the trip back to the lands of Spring. The prince was grateful; He rarely got much opportunity to stay out longer than the span of a day, and he did so enjoy broadening his horizons. So he spent the evening walking the surrounding lands, beautiful plains and dense forests alike.

One might imagine that the power to commune with nature would get repetitive or boring, that the world around you would run out of things to say, but it wasn't so. Every living thing had a story to tell, and Tharu's father had always stressed the importance of listening well. As he passed through a patch of trees, his hands would slide along the bark, hearing their words with open ears and a curious mind.

He was so focused on their words that when he heard the voice of a woman's thoughts amongst the trees it broke him from his concentration, his hands snapping back and head moving towards the sound.

She was sitting in the grass, soft brown hair falling over her shoulders as she looked off somewhere else. Tall, but Tharu didn't think her a Duanann. Perhaps a sidhe? The Vitae had mentioned that some who followed them often wandered around the Estate.

"Are you of the Vitae, Miss?" Tharu would call, approaching her slowly. The grass and the wind did not fear her, so neither was there any reason for Tharu to feel apprehension. "It is a lovely day, isn't it?"

Shayleigh

The Ixchel Wilds had been her home for as long as she could remember. It was a beautifully impressive place, if you knew what parts to avoid, easy to get lost in if you didn’t. Not to mention the things that didn’t just go bump in the night but proudly surveyed parts of the wild during the day as well. With all that aside, there were many places within the dense forest that gave way to some very alluring places. Brooks with relatively warm water, a nice place to go for a quick swim or just a relaxing dip. Small fields of wild flowers where, if you’re lucky, you can catch a beautiful brown fox play amongst the flowers.

Shayleigh was new to the Vitea court, after having many talks with the brothers regarding the court itself, her position and what that would possibly imply. She’d made the conscious decision to join the court, eager to put her skills to good use.

The sun would be settling upon the land soon and Shay had found herself a nice spot, not far from the estate, to enjoy what light was left of the day. That light played through some of the branches of nearby trees, causing small rays of sun to dance along the ground and herself. She’d brought with her a light dinner to enjoy as the sun set, bread, cheese and some fruit. Fingers had been playing along a vine of grapes, while amber eyes watched the trees move with the slightest touch of the wind.

She’d been lost in her own thoughts, sitting with her legs bent to the side and the palm of her right arm pressed against the ground to help keep herself up. Brown hair had been left to flow freely however it wished, not binded by any cloth. She’d felt the air around her change well before the man spoke, giving a hint to the fact that someone was closeby.

Shay would turn her head at his voice, letting those locks move from her shoulder to play along her back. Amber eyes looking up to the man as he continued to make his way to where she sat, what a brave man. “I am, yes” She answered, her voice soft but direct. “And you are?” she questioned. It wouldn’t surprise her if he was too and she’d yet to meet him. She’d look from him to the sky that held the soon to be setting sun. “It is beautiful, yes.” She smiled before looking back to him. “You may sit, if you wish.” Nodding to the food laid out amongst the cloth beside her. “Food if you’re hungry, promise it’s not poisoned.” She said jokingly, followed by a soft chuckle. "What brings you out here?"

Tharu San'Seya

Normally, the Prince wouldn't have been so forward with a stranger he'd never laid eyes on before. However, if she was anything like Vulpesen, his other dear friend from the Vitae, then he definitely wished to at least make her acquaintance. He was an ambassador, was he not? It was a part of his job to form connections that could benefit the Spring. It did help that she was rather strikingly lovely, but then she was a Fae, after all...

His eyes searched the Amber orbs focused upon him; if she felt threatened by his presence in the least she was incredibly skilled at hiding it. Not to mention the way the grass sung her praises to his ears... No, she was a creature of peace and nature, just like him. "My name is Tharu. I am the Prince of the Spring Court." Tharu stopped before getting too close, bowing slightly as he introduced himself. "I'm merely spending the night on business, and happened to come across you, madam."

It was half true. It was really her aura that had drew him in. It was strikingly similar to that of his Father, so serene and peaceful.

Her gaze turned to the sunset, and Tharu's followed. The tall, dense trees of his home often blocked such a gorgeous sight... There were some things even Grovehaven did not have. Silently, he lowered himself to sit beside her, a low hum as colorful blooms peeked out from the soil around where he sat. "This place... it adores you as much as you adore it. Did you know that?" Tharu turns to her, smiling a bit. "We Spring commune with nature, can hear it's voice as though it spoke our language. That's how I knew you were safe to approach, because of how this land loves you."

Tharu wasn't so dense as to imply there weren't other Fae who could do such things, though. He'd known tales of evil Speakers, who twisted and corrupted. iT had been ages since one had been around, however. "My court is the Vitae's closest ally. We live in the forests of Falwood, amongst the great sprawling forests. We make it our duty to protect nature, to preserve it from all who would threaten it."

Nairth would have been proud of his words.

"I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I haven't even asked your name."

Shayleigh

Shayleigh had quietly taken in his appearance as his footfalls, though slow, made their way closer to where she sat. Noted the way his white locks fell off his shoulders and moved ever so slightly with the wind. Golden hues that took in her own as if he was trying to get a read from them. Clothing neutral, giving him the ability to pass as anyone he so wished too. Rather pleasing to the eyes, mixed with an air of calmness, nothing seemed hostile about him.

There had been very few she’d ever felt threatened by, one no longer held the ability to breathe the same air as they did now and the other she’d not laid eye’s on for a very long time. Needless to say, it was often she felt threatened by anyone's presence, especially ones as pleasant as his. A brow rose as his introduction was given, prince of the spring court. It wasn’t often she encountered any higher ranked nobles other than the Brothers. Tilting her head, letting her chin lower in a soft bow of her head.

“Tharu, Prince of the Spring Court, might I say that I’m rather surprised to be honored enough to be in your presence even if by complete accident.” Full lips pulled into a soft smile as a chuckle followed. “What is your business here at Vitae Court?’ She questioned. Eye’s taking in his again, letting her mind reach out to test the waters to see if she was able to read him, if at all. Another smile tugged at her lips before she looked away.

She noticed the sudden attendance of newly grown blooms around where Tharu sat, which piqued her curiosity. “You can converse with nature itself?” She said with an enthusiastic tone. She’d listen as he went on to explain, amazed by the fact that he had such abilities. What he had to say about the land made her heart happy. “You, Sir, are rather lucky to be able to hear such a beautiful sound, music to the ears I can only assume. I must say, I’m rather jealous of such” What she wouldn’t give to hear it herself.

“I’ve lived here all my life, I’m rather pleased to know this land feels the same as I do about it.” Shay leaned back on the palms of her hands, letting fingers slide into the thick grass. Eyes, once more, taken to him as he spoke of his Court and where it was. She’d heard many things about the spring court, as well as Falwood “Sounds like I’d get along pretty well with those of the Spring court then” She laughed “I’ve never seen Falwood but I’ve heard many a stories about it and from what I’ve heard, it’s a lovely place.”

“My name is Shayleigh, nothing more.”
She offered. “Is it a good thing that I remind you of your father?” She questioned, letting a smirk frame her face. His mind had been wide open when she’d let her own reach out to his, having grabbed that little piece of information but only that.

Tharu San'Seya

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Tharu San'Seya
Honored? To hear somebody say such frivolous things about merely being around him was something Tharu didn't think he would ever be accustomed to. But then, that was what made him quite different than most Fae of royalty; Tharu almost entirely lacked ego. Up until recently, he had been but a servant, with no prospects of his own future-- As far as he was concerned, this Shayleigh was no lesser than he.

"The Vitae and The Spring are very similar, Shayleigh." Tharu slightly dodges the heart of her question; he wasn't permitted to discuss the boiling tensions that were soon to erupt in war. "It only makes sense that we strive to build an alliance between our people, to face any adversity that may rear its head as one." It was a surprisingly pragmatic oration, one that his Father would have found far too obtuse, though. It didn't seem to bother Shayleigh too much, which relieved him; He'd had so little in the way of companionship, driving away a possible friend because of blase politics was the last thing he wanted to do.

Her excitement towards his natural abilities almost threatened to cause him to blush, though he instead offered a grin as he gestured towards one of the sprouting blooms, causing its stem to grow rapidly, until the flower bloomed in the palm of his hand. "It's important for us to hear them. We are the guardians of Nature. We aim to be the shield that protects them from the ravages of a world often thoughtless and ever-expanding." The Prince muses, holding the flower out to her. Nairth San'Seya strongly believed in these tenets, and so too did his son. To see that there were others not of Spring that had such respect for the world brought warmth to his heart.

"I am not surprised that everything here is so enamored with you. Even without the power of the Spring, you care so gently for it. You bond with nature despite not speaking its language." It was an ability that was not unheard of, but increasingly rare. The Prince was inclined to agree with her; she would have been right at home in Grovehaven. He tucked some of his long, silvery hair behind his ear as he leaned down to trail the fingers of his hand through the long blades of grass. "It makes me happy, to see purity like that."

When at last she revealed her talent, questioning him on what had gone ever so briefly through his mind, his attention was pulled from the grass and his eyes back to her own deep gaze. His lips parted in surprise, realizing... "You read thoughts..." Amazing, but he certainly hoped she hadn't been listening in when he lingered on her beauty. That would be rather... embarrassing.

Sitting back up straight, his surprise gave way to laughter. "Well, not exactly. My father, Nairth San'Seya... He's strange. More peaceful a man than you will likely ever meet, but his aura... you can feel pressure within him. Like he's always holding something back. Yours is somewhat the same. So serene, and yet something lies beneath the surface."

Shayleigh

• Aww
Reactions: Shayleigh
It wasn’t hard to notice the change in his demeanor when she spoke of being in his presence. Shayleigh tilted her head to the side some, allowing strands of dark honey to spill over her shoulder as she watched him. It was as if he cared not for such honorifics or more so how they make everyone behave and speak differently to him. Adding in the difference in clothing that he wore compared to that of other higher ranked nobles in the courts, she believed this to be a very notable attribute of his.

“Are they now?” She asked sincerely. Word gets out about all courts but the hard truth was, what stories and whose words do you believe? Noting the fact that her question was left unanswered and instead, replaced with neutral words at best, ones fit for a diplomat. She could only nod in agreement “Yes, indeed. An alliance between courts is something that’s always sought after in hopes to bring peace to all people. As long as it’s a truthful alliance, that is.” She let those nude lips curl into a smile.

Of course her attention was easily diverted with his gesture to the bloom that was suddenly growing much further than the rest. Oh, but if that wasn’t enough to captivate her, that same flower was now growing in his hand? His words, spoken straight from the heart, held more meaning to her then he could only imagine. Shay would gently take the flower out of his hand, fingertips holding onto the stem lightly before it found its way into her hair at the top of her ear. “I couldn’t agree more. These extravagant homes, estates, castles, whatever you wish to call them are just.. Too much, too big. Though, I understand their purpose and for the most part, like the Vitae estate, some are built in places that not much needs to be disturbed to build.” Eyes trailed off to that of which was around them. “Give me a small, quiet place deep in the forest and I will be a very happy woman.” She laughed.

While Tharu spoke, she took a few berries in hand, letting one by one pass through her lips. “All I've ever been sure about is my likeness to be out here, a place where I hear nothing but feel everything..” Eyes moved to him accompanied by a soft chuckle. “If that even makes any sense at all.” In truth, Shay didn’t know where she was born, only where she ended up. Her past but a distant blur of memory, yet the only place she ever called home was the wilds. “I would love to hear it all but alas, I cannot.. Can all of those in spring court communicate with nature?” She tossed another berry into her mouth, finishing it before she spoke again. “Pure, I likely am not but I’m glad it makes you happy to witness such”

It was all she could do to not burst out laughing when the realization of what she had done crossed him, the look on his face, priceless. “I can yes and so much more.” She winked at him before laughing. “I don’t, however, do it often. It gets far too noisy, especially when around a lot of people, so I keep it turned off.. So to speak. Rest assured, that is all I was able to gather from your thoughts. It was simply to see if you were consciously aware of such skills and guarding your thoughts. Which, you are not.”

“Your father sounds like a lovely man, a man that knows how to do right by his people.”
She had never run across another that could read her so well, it was an odd sensation, for sure. “Nothing wrong with being strange. I’d much rather be strange then.. Normal.” she let out yet another laugh. “Yes, well, sometimes it’s easier to hide things or more so keep them to yourself then to let it be a bother to others” she offered.

Tharu San'Seya

"He's... a complicated person." The Prince was still rather taken aback by Shayleigh's ability. "My father has made terrible mistakes, and hurt many, but he'd doing his best to mend those wounds and do what is right for our court." Tharu couldn't tell, but he certainly hoped he wasn't wearing the blush he felt like dusted his cheeks as she winked at him. The younger San'Seya wasn't particularly adept at dealing with the fairer sex. The only duanann currently serving at Grovehaven castle was Elowen, whom Tharu was increasingly certain had eyes for his Father more than anybody else. So it was fair to say that the odd sensation in the pit of the stomach when she'd looked at him in such a way, brief as it was, was foreign to him.

"Not all of the Spring, no. It's a trait of the current royal family, the San'Seya." Tharu regained the temporary lapse in his composure, and shrugged. "It is possible to learn limited methods of hearing the world as we do, but speaking back is something only those of our blood can achieve." If it were possible, Tharu would have imbued her with his gift right then and there; she deserved to hear the praises this ground sang of her.

Shayleigh's dismissal of grand estates and massive homes drew a light laugh from Tharu's lips, and he leaned closer, as though saying something he shouldn't. "The Spring Castle is built within and on top of a massive tree. If you ask me, it's rather oversized considering there are so few of us inside of it."

Grovehaven Castle was one of Nairth San'Seya's most prized accomplishments, having been sprouted from the ground and built by the King's bare hands. "But when you're there, in a place sculpted from nature itself, where all creatures, Fae, Mortal, and beast feel welcome... You feel it. You feel like you're somewhere special." He muttered softly, his gaze slowly moving to where she'd put his flower.

Another soft chuckle escaping his throat, The Prince rose a hand slowly and adjusted the flower. It was significant, what she'd done. "When we find a being we wish to be preserved no matter where they roam, we place a flower behind it's ear. It's our way of marking something as under our protection." Shayleigh could obviously remove it herself if she found that disagreeable, but Tharu certainly wouldn't mind an excuse to see her again.

After a moment, he pulls his hand away and sits straight back at a previous distance, offering an awkward smile. "Apologies. I don't have the chance to talk to very many without it involving politics. This is refreshing... I do hope I'm not keeping you up though, the sun will set soon."

Shayleigh

• Aww
“I’ve come to learn that we’re all complicated people, now matter how much we try not to be” She laughed softly before continuing on. “As for mistakes” What light was left from the setting sun was peeking through some of the trees nearby, illuminating those amber eyes while she thought of how to say the next part. “Some have to learn by making those mistakes first, in a sense causing them to fight for exactly what they want. Even if it takes them years to right that wrong” She turned her head to look at him, offering him a smile. She knew all too well about mistakes but that was neither here nor there and most definitely would not be a part of this conversation. “Though I do not know your father, I’m sure he’s doing his best if he’s already making those steps.” When she had turned to look at him just then, she’d taken note of the flush of his cheeks, a slight blush. She wasn’t sure what she had done to cause such a reaction but said, nor did, anything about it. Simply let it be, let him be.

Shay’s eyes seemed to come alive as he mentioned being able to learn how to hear the world, hear that of which she’d spent most of her years enjoying. It was, in truth, a sad thing that she was far more used to being alone in the wilds than with people, with her own kind. “How does one go about learning these methods? You have certainly piqued my interest with this Tharu” Shay bit down on her lip and shook her head, realizing that she should be calling him by proper formalities and not his name. “I apologize, should I say My lord, or Lord Prince instead?” She said, trying to correct herself. Something she needed to get used to and quickly, was the correct way to speak to nobility. Not at all her strong suit.

His scent hit as he moved in closer to her. An earthy, fresh greenery mixed with that wonderful scent of a spring rain bringing out the soft, sweet fragrance of the flowers. It was rather intoxicating and she found herself breathing deeply as he spoke to her about the Spring castle. Which caused her to turn and look at him with surprise in those eyes. A castle, built within and on top of a tree? He had to be playing with her on this, she’d never seen such a thing! “You’re joking right?” Amber hues took hold of his gold as he continued to speak of the castle. The way he described it had her doing her best to imagine it with what information she’d been given. Though, if she really wanted to, she could easily get the images from his mind.

“Your castle, though likely way too big for my liking” She laughed “sounds utterly beautiful. If you’re not pulling my leg about it, that is. If it truly is built in and atop a tree, I’d love to see it someday. I’ve never seen such and I bet it can be pretty peaceful, if you know the right spots.” Shay almost flinched when she noticed his hand coming for her, well, not for her but the flower. The past has ways to sneak back up, even in the smallest ways, but she let it go knowing well that it was all in her mind anyway. She watched him closely as he adjusted the flower and smiled, wondering why he had done so but never questioned it. Eyes widened some as he explained the significance of a flower behind the ear. “Oh? I had no idea, I’m sorry. I can take it down if you prefer? Just something I normally do when I pick flowers for myself.”

“Keeping me up?”
She let her lips part some as she laughed “It is far from my bedtime, in fact, I prefer the night sometimes.” It was quieter then, well from those that walk on two legs, that is. But the sounds of the night within the forest were purely magical at times. “No apologies needed for simply wishing to speak. Don’t worry over silly things like that, enjoy your time without your politics.” She pointed to the food she’d offered to share with him earlier “There’s still plenty if you’d like some.” Looking around then, realizing something she’d forgotten “Though, it seems I forgot something to drink” Shoulders lifted as she gave a shrug “Oops” she chuckled. “I enjoy being out here as the sun sets, love watching the colors change as the day goes to sleep. So unless you were just passing through and needed to be on your way, I plan to be out here a while longer.” Fingers picked another berry and plopped it in her mouth.

Tharu San'Seya

Tharu hadn't realized that he was as hungry as he was until Shayleigh offered him some of her food. Yes, it all did look rather appetizing, and Tharu found himself reaching down for a plump-looking apple that sat among her haul, bringing it to his mouth and taking a small bite. The juicy red fruit was as fresh as could be, and he found himself taking another bite before he could speak.

"Mm... No, I planned on staying here for the night before returning. The Brothers were kind enough to offer me safety until morning, and it would be quite rude of me to refuse them." Tharu brought his sleeve to his mouth, lightly dabbing at his lips. "And please, just Tharu. You're wiser than some elderly Fae I know, Shayleigh. That you have such confidence in the good nature of people who wish to change is refreshing. We choose so often to remember the bad, and not the good."

Tharu shook his head when she asked about removing the flower. "No. It looks nice. It only really takes effect if placed there by one of us." Tharu knew nothing of what flashed through her mind. He was still rather sheltered when it came to interacting with others, often to his detriment. This evening had been pleasant though. He had not expected to have company, even if it was only for a while. Taking another small bite of apple, Tharu hums, his eyes closing.

"I'm... afraid I couldn't teach you myself. I'm not skilled enough yet, as happy as I would be to do so." He'd considered inviting her to come learn at Grovehaven, but his Father was the only one there to teach her, and he was so dreadfully busy lately. "But someday... when I've learned more, I'd be happy to come and help you." The Prince leaned back, watching the setting sun with a smile on his face. "I'd love to show you the castle, too. It's big yes, but it's lovely..."

Shayleigh

• Aww
Most of the food she’d brought to her spot had all been picked by her sometime that day and as always, she gave thanks to the bounty that had been provided. She knew how to live on her own and that included how to retrieve a variety of foods and creative ways to cook or eat them. Living in the wilds has its pro’s but definitely it’s cons as well. Amber hues watched him carefully as he picked over what she had, a faint smile as he picked the apple. The apple had been picked at the most perfect time and would be incredibly juicy and sweet, which yes, was odd at this time of year but nonetheless achievable.

“Oh no, I didn’t mean leaving as in heading back to your home.” she offered a quiet laugh. “I meant as in here, this spot.” She played with the few berries that were left in the palm of her hand while she spoke. “The brothers are very kind, I don’t think they would have thought it rude if you hadn’t accepted their offer for you to stay but it has given you the opportunity to just..be you. Nothing keeps you here but your own freewill.” Lips pulled into a smile, eye’s then moving from him to look out into the sunset. Without having even noticed while they spoke, the day had given way to dusk. The sun itself just barely present.

“Tharu it is then, though doubtedly I can call you such in the presence of others.” She jested, even though she spoke the truth. “I learned long ago that if one holds onto the bad, in themselves or others for so long that it consumes you. You’re then unable to see good in anything. Always waiting for the bad to happen instead of holding onto that hope that the good is just around the corner. Of course, there are times people don’t change and that’s unfortunately when you have to decide to break all ties with them or continue to let them pull you down with them.”

As he spoke of the flower, she brought her free hand to it, fingertips lightly pressing upon the petals. “Oh, well, good to know then. Is this just a tradition commonly known in the spring court?” It was a tradition she’d never heard of but would always remember from now on. Brows furrowed towards his next words. “That’s quite alright Tharu, I wasn't expecting a lesson. Just very curious about it and hopefully one day I’ll be able to hear these lands.”

Shay finished off her berries before she leaned back on her elbows, legs stretching out in front of her while the hem of her linen dress brushed against her bare feet. Brown locks finding there place amongst the grass as she looked up towards the sky. “It sounds wonderful, like a home away from home. Even if it is a castle.” she laughed “But does it have a spot like this one? Away from everything but surrounded by beauty?” She sighed contentedly.

Tharu San'Seya

"Well, it lies within perhaps the largest expanse of woodland in Arethil. I'm sure you could find a place just like this." Tharu moved his hands to the ground and smiled, dragging his palms along the grass and feeling the energy still brimming within every blade even though daylight had begun to wane. "Maybe I'll look around when I return, and keep a spot in mind for you if you come to visit." It would certainly be a pleasant thing to have company at home. Tharu was very much alone in Grovehaven. Those who came were only there to see his Father, while he was left training to one day be the King himself whenever he had any free time.

It was true that day was giving way to night quickly, and that he should likely find a spot to rest soon. There was an unspoken desire in him, however, to not end this conversation yet. It was the first time he'd spoken at such lengths with anybody but his father in his entire life. It felt so... refreshing. Would it be wrong of him to tell her as much? "I... can stay a bit longer. I fear I'll have difficulty resting too peacefully in unfamiliar lands, I'm so used to Falwood, you know?"

As the sun finally vanished behind the horizon and the sky grew dark, The Prince felt the plants' words turn to whispers and a new set of voices grew from the world around them; nocturnal life, night predators and empty mutters of sunlight reflecting off of the shining moon over their heads. Tharu took a deep breath, leaning back farther. Some part of him thought maybe he could just lay here and rest for a spell.

His attention was captured by the woman beside him though, and he continued.

"I don't really know who -I- am though. Not yet, anyway. This evening is the longest conversation I've had... ever, probably." There was good reason for that, but he didn't think it wise to dredge up his childhood and upbringing. Too many memories that would do more harm than good. "I think that's why fate brought me to these lands this evening. Not to perform a duty, but perhaps a reward for my patience... I believe something secret does steer all of us in some way..."

Shayleigh

Shay had closed her eyes, doing her best to picture the castle as he’d explained it and as he was now. Granted, she could easily ask to use her magic on him to see it through his eyes but there were some things worth seeing through her own first. One of her eye’s popped open as she looked towards him “You’d do that?” She questioned as the other eye opened. It had been quite a long time since someone was willing to do such a kind gesture for no other reason but to do it.

“I’d imagine that my job here with the Vitae Court will have me traveling all over, at some point. So I’m sure it would be safe to say that I may find myself at your doorstep, in time of course.” Her duty to the Vitae was to be kept to herself and the Brothers, no one else. Though she knew Tharu would ask her about it at some point, curiosity gets the best of everyone and he’d end up with no answer, just as he had her.

“Just listen to the night as you fall asleep, I’m certain it will help you sleep through that night with no tossing and turning” She laughed “I find myself sleeping outside more often than not since coming to court. It just gets too stuffy, not enough breeze coming through the windows.” She’d found getting used to being at court a little difficult at times but she knew what she was doing was for the good of all, to help bring peace to the lands.

Watching the sun fall and the moon make its presence always calmed her soul while the sounds of the night filled the air. As much as she liked being out here during the day, it was the night she loved the most. Shay looked over towards Tharu, watched as he relaxed even further and smiled. She could tell he’d needed this moment to just.. Breathe..

“Who we are changes, almost constantly really. It is the core of our soul that stays the same, always. Maybe you need to take some time to figure out who Tharu is, focus on yourself and what’s buried inside that soul of yours.” She was one to talk.. She’d spent more years then most, alone, just herself and well, nature and had yet to figure out who she truly was and what her purpose was. “Don’t feel bad, beside the brothers, I have yet to talk to anyone else besides a passing Hello” She laughed again.

“I’m sure whatever it was that brought you here, let it be fate or indeed just your duty, you came for a good reason and have succeeded in that reason and now it’s offered you time away from it all.” She shook her head softly “I’m not sure I’d like to believe that something steers us, if so, it’s steered me wrong many a time.” Shoulders lifted in a shrug.

Tharu San'Seya

"Sleep to the sound of the night. Yes, perhaps I shall..." Tharu, leaned forward, hugging his knees close to his chest. There was much that he would have liked to say in reply to her words. Even more that he wished she could know. She was a mind-reader, wasn't she? It would have been easy for her to peek inside of his head, to see what he'd meant by not knowing who he was. It was certainly easier than trying to explain everything.

But then, who was she? And who was he to wish to tell her such tales? No, they were relative strangers, passing by sheer luck in the midst of a beautiful evening. Tharu was allowing the isolation that he'd lived with for almost his entire life to affect his thinking, making him want to attach to the first person he found who didn't see him as a son or an ambassador. That cursed San'Seya blood, always wanting to grow close.

The greatest lesson his father had taught him was the folly of letting your heart speak rather than your mind, whether The King knew that or not.

"You will." He said finally, rising to his feet at last. "A soul like yours, people will come to you. Just as I did. The perilous part is deciding who to let in." Taking a look away from the stars that had slowly begun to glow in the sky, Tharu offers a little smile down at Shayleigh. "Oh, something secret does steer us. I find though, that sometimes that something is our hearts, and we just don't realize it. The times we take the wrong path aren't failings, though. They shape us into who we are now."

Poetic, and he was certainly one to talk, wasn't he?

"I'll leave you be now, Shayleigh. I've taken too much of your night, and I should find a spot to settle down for myself. Thank you, for speaking with me. I'd like to do it again soon, if you'd have me."

And he'd left her, finding his own little patch of clearing not too far and spreading what little he'd brought with him around in a small campsite. Tharu's body was exhausted, but his mind still raced with questions. Is this why Nairth discouraged him from acting on his own? Did he know what Tharu's distance from society would do to his mind? This... overstimulation?

It frightened him, but he had reigned it in. He was not his Father, this he held close.

Removing most of what he wore and setting it to the side, Tharur retrieved the small jars he held in the pouch at his side and laid them out before him, opening each one to allow the glowing multitude of colors to light up his camp. Gently, he would dip his fingers in one of the deep blue shades, painting another long mark from his waist and up his torso.

It wasn't entirely significant, more a mark to remind him of a night when he'd learned something valuable. The San'Seya had always marked their bodies with designs that coincided with life events, their mood, aspirations, fears, and more. Tharu was quite bare compared to his Father, but that would change with time. After he was done with the design, a tree with a sparrow sat atop one of its branches, Tharu moved the paints back into his pouch and rolled to his side to sleep.

He wasn't sure how long it had been when he heard the screams, crying out in pain.

Tharu shot up as though he'd never been asleep in the first place, the still dark night surrounding him in darkness. The peace in the air had evaporated, however. In its place were the pleading cries of trees, plants, and grass. Something terrible was happening, close. Tharu feared the worst. The Vitae wouldn't know what was happening; they didn't have the ability to hear as he did.

If the volume of the cries were anything to go by, though, he would need help.

Shayleigh. She was close, he could ask for her assistance.

Wrapping his discarded robe around his waist, leaving his upper half bare so he could better feel the wind, Tharu rushed back towards where he'd met her, praying to the tenets that she wasn't already in danger. "Shayleigh!" He called out in advance as he neared where they'd sat. "I need you!"

Shayleigh

• Wonder
Shay could easily read his thoughts, his feelings, read it all if she wished. Or more so if he wished. She wasn’t one to really dig into someone's mind too much unless she’s either on a job to do so or the person has given her permission. Otherwise, she does nothing, keeps it all to herself.

She looked over to him, the moon giving just enough light that she watched as he hugged his knees to himself. Brows furrowed, there was much going on in that mind of his, a battle of sorts and she would have questioned him about it but thought better of it. He wouldn’t tell her why he was here at court, what makes her think he’d tell her what's troubling his mind? A gentle sigh escaped slightly parted lips before she looked off into the forest again.

“I’m not entirely sure I want people to come to me” she laughed, lightheartedly. She’d done well enough alone all these few hundred years, what's a few more? Granted, now there wasn’t a way to avoid such interactions since taking her place at the court. Ambers seemed to almost glow in the moonlight as she looked up at him, a smile of her own offered back to his own. “Perhaps I need a new heart then” She said jokingly, but was she really? “I can only hope that your words are true Tharu and that some good will come from all the wrong.”

“Come now, you’ve taken nothing from me this night but given me great company and good conversation. Couldn’t ask for more.”
With his request to do this again sometime, she nodded and another smile playing across her lips as she watched him walk away.

Shay had laid there for a while after he left, watching the stars paint the sky and the sounds of the night heighten. She was restless, perhaps from their meeting and the words that had been passed that had caused her mind to question a few things. Regardless, Shay found herself undressing, placing her clothing in a neat pile before the woman was no more. In her place was a beautifully, fluffy brown fox with unique markings on either side.

The fox would take off running as fast as it could through the trees, paws padding through different bodies of water before it found solid ground again. Sometimes when the woman was restless, the fox would come out to play.

There were bigger creatures out here at night that could easily take down a fox but she knew how to evade them, knew which ways to go to keep from being detected. Knew that those creatures stayed a good ways away from where she always chose to run. Even so, It was a thrill, an adrenaline rush knowing that she could get caught but.. Wouldn’t.

The wilds felt different tonight..Off.. and she didn’t much care for it. Ears perked up, head snapped back towards where her spot was. Was that? Tharu? She could hear feet rushing through the grass as she took off back towards her spot, the fox weaving in and out of the brush. What she didn’t expect was the large, black furred wolf stalking her as she sped on. He was calling her name and it sounded.. Panicked? The urgency in his tone distracting her from paying attention to her surroundings.

I need you!

Something was wrong… The tone of his voice screamed it..The fox had picked up speed and that gave the wolf its opportunity to strike. Right before it lunged, Shay sensed it and fear took over as those tiny legs pushed themselves, ignoring the burning pain that came with it. The wolf growled and lunged, the fox yelped loudly as the wolf barely caught her back leg. Thankfully only long enough to allow its teeth to sink in before it got caught in its own legs and rolled to a stop. She could smell the blood as it seeped out of the bite while she continued to run, the wolf having already righted itself and was on her tail again.

She arrived back at her spot just as he did, the foxed limped over towards him and then behind him as the wolf came into view. The fox whimpered and Tharu, unsure what was going to happen. The wolf continued to move closer towards them, teeth bared. Yet, all of the sudden the wolf lifted its muzzle into the air, sniffed and lowered its ears before taking off, giving them no more thought.. Something was indeed wrong with the forest tonight, the wolf shouldn’t have even been there.

The fox limped over towards where Shay’s clothes were and looked towards Tharu, waiting for him to turn around. That is, if he took the hint. Shay quickly shifted, which caused excruciating pain in her right leg where the wolf had taken hold. Shay cried out, grabbing hold of her leg and allowing herself just a brief moment before pulling her ivory dress over her head. It was all she could to do catch her breath, realizing just how close she was to being that wolf's dinner. “What's wrong?” she managed out “Are you okay?” Said through gritted teeth as she tried to stand.

Tharu San'Seya

• Scared
Tharu's face fell into one of worry and exasperation as he emerged from the treeline surrounding where he'd met with the mind-reader only hours before to find it abandoned. Oh, he prayed she wasn't a part of this... foreboding aura permeating every one of his senses, that perhaps she just sought a better place to rest. The small pile of clothing near where the food had sat spoke otherwise though, and Tharu hesitated for a moment, his body not willing to abandon the thought that she was in danger...

Perhaps it was that 'something secret' that anchored him in place long enough to bear witness to the fluffy brown fox limping out from the other side of the trees. No, it wasn't just a fox. Tharu knew the aura of a Fae, the distinct taste of magic in the air, and the wounded creature was practically crackling with it. Shayleigh.

Following close behind though, leaping from the shadows was a beast that was not of magic. The wolf snarled, obviously intent on making a meal of whom Tharu was certain now was his new friend from earlier. Something didn't quite make sense though. The wolf was hungry, yes, but more than that, he was afraid. The Prince stood wide, placing himself in front of the fox as he watched the predator carefully. Its aura... was so shaky.

"It's terrified," San'Seya muttered down to the fox at his feet. "I think it running into you was a coincidence, it's real intent is to flee from something else." It was that 'something else' that Tharu feared far more than the wolf before him. Even as it approached the pair, Tharu had his mind at the ready-- it would not be a problem to dissuade the Wolf through his speech, as was the talent of Spring, but the beast had turned tail to cower away before he'd had the chance, letting out a soft whine as he clambered back into the trees, leaving Tharu to step away from the wounded fox as she limped to the pile of clothes on the floor.

The fox's wound was ugly, and San'Seya's frown grew. He could only hope it would lessen in severity when she shifted back. Losing a friend so soon, somebody like her... Tharu wasn't sure he could handle that right now.

Even so, Tharu was far too distracted with the wails of nature and the worries about Shayleigh's well being to even consider why the fox stared at him now. While his eyes may have lingered, his mind was someplace else. Even if he had been paying attention, it would have taken him a moment to realize what Shayleigh was requesting of him; The Spring wasn't particularly prudish about nudity among other Fae. When she didn't move for some time though, The Prince did form a small circle of realization with his mouth before turning his gaze, while she shifted and dressed.

"Am I okay? I should be asking you that!" When he was certain she was decent, Tharu quickly made his way to where she struggled to her feet, dropping to a knee and reaching out to check her leg, careful not to touch, but eager to be sure of her safety. "I was worried about you, thought perhaps something awful had befallen you..."

The wound would be painful, but it didn't look as though it would be seriously threatening to her life. Sidhe were very resilient, more than Duanann often gave them credit for. Looking up at her, concern still smoldering like embers in his eyes, he continued. "Something is happening. The forest is crying for help, and I don't know why yet. It could be dangerous though, I was hoping for you to accompany me but..." He nods towards her leg... "I don't wish to exacerbate this..."

Shayleigh

This would make the second time she was moments away from the icy claws of death itself. The first is why she fled to the wilds, having stayed hidden into its depths since then.. Until now, of course. The first is also why Shay no longer trusts anyone and gives a little poke into their minds at first meeting. Even those trying to hide ill intent can’t hide it from their own mind. If only she had done so a few hundred years ago, things might have been different now.

It had taken him a while to get the hint that she wanted him to turn around to allow her to shift and get clothed before his eyes were upon her again. She knew of many Fae who did not care nor were bothered by others' nudity but Shay was not one of them. None had ever seen her in such a way and it would be her decision on who and when and right now was not that time.

Shay had been able to muffle another scream that threatened to escape those tightly closed lips as she tried to stand. Tharu was there in mere seconds as he observed her wound, his hands inches away from it as if he wanted to touch her leg to get a better look but thought better of it. “Yes you..” She grunted out between clinched teeth, she hadn’t dared look at her leg yet. With the pain and amount of blood present, her luck she’d look and see bone. “I thought you were in trouble”

Taking in a deep breath before she dropped her eyes to her leg, fearing the worst. From what she could see it was only a bite, thankfully it had not taken a chunk out of her leg like she had thought. It was evident that the wolf's teeth had sunk in, especially the canines. They had managed to go through both sides of her lower leg, roughly 4-5 inches from her ankle. The muscle there would be extremely sore for the next few days as it healed but that seemed to be the extent of the damage, other than the blood loss.

Shay shot her eyes up at him as he mentioned the forest crying out for help, concern now heavy in those ambers hues. “No, I’ll be fine.. I can manage” She’d lie but it didn’t matter. There wouldn’t be any stopping her in figuring out what was wrong with the forest. “I knew something was wrong, the wolves have never come this far in.. Ever.” Shay tore at the bottom hem of her dress, ripping a decent length of it before handing it to him “Do you mind tying it off to stop the bleeding? I don’t think I’ll be able to tie it as tightly as I need to right now.” She wasn’t sure if she was asking too much of a prince but she had to try..”Then we can be on our way to figure out what’s going on. My wound can wait” Her home was far more important than seeing to her leg.

Tharu San'Seya

• Cthuulove
Despite Shayleigh's protests, and perhaps against his own tenets, Shayleigh's well-being was his first priority. As she insisted that her wound would be fine, his gaze flittered up to her own for a fraction of a second. Tharu had made it clear that he did not consider himself special because of his status of royalty, but for the briefest of moments, his expression was that of a powerful Duanann who would not debate his decision with anybody.

"I'm taking the extra moment to treat you. If you object, you can send a complaint to my father."

Pulling the strip she offered gently from her grip, Tharu reached with his other hand into the pouch hanging loosely from his robes, retrieving what looked to be a bright scarlet flower. The Prince began to shake the flower a bit, the petals slowly beginning to glow the more he moved the bloom to and fro. Eventually, the flower was nearly as bright as a fire itself, and it was only then that Tharu crushed it between his hands, rubbing his palms together to coat them in glowing red residue.

"This is Cardinal Bloom. It'll sting for a moment, but it'll help with the pain and stop it from getting worse until we have time to close it up."

Biting down on his bottom lip, Tharu slowly and gently presses his hands down on the wound, letting the Cardinal Powder soak into the flesh. It would sting, especially when he began to carefully spread the powder with his palms, sliding them up and down her ankle until it was thoroughly coated. "Almost done, I promise."

Pulling his hands away, Tharu picked the strip of her dress up again and wrapped her wound as she'd requested, tying it with a length of vine that lowered itself to Tharu's hand as if eagerly volunteering for the job. That wrap wouldn't be coming off unless you took a blade to it, and the Cardinal Bloom would enable her to walk without too much pain.

His hands were covered in a mixture of bloom powder and Shayleigh's blood now, but that would wash easily enough, for now, he dusted them on his robe and took her hand to help her to her feet, smiling a little bit. "Wasn't so bad, was it?" Tharu let out a sigh he didn't realize he'd been holding. It was almost embarrassing, how worried he'd been for a moment there. "I'm glad. I'd have felt awful if anything happened to you."

Breaking her gaze and looking towards the woods the wolf had fled from he beckons her to follow.

"Come on then, my friend. It'll be easy enough to find out what's happening. We just head towards whatever it is our four-legged companion was running from."

Shayleigh

Shays countenance went from a painful grimace to lips curling, squeezing out a few giggles before they moved to outright laughter. She wasn’t entirely sure why it was so funny to her, perhaps everything happening at once had all her emotions twisted. “Do you honestly think I’m going to go stomping into the Spring Court to throw a tantrum to your father about you helping me?” Ambers landed on him while she did her best to keep the laughter at bay. “Do I think you’re wasting your time, Yes. Do I think you’ll allow me to walk from this spot before you take that extra time to treat me? No, I don’t” She offered him a smile then, even through the surge of pain running throughout her leg.

Curiosity someday would get the best of her but tonight, it had her watching him shake a flower. It was what was happening to that flower that had her in awe. She couldn’t recall ever seeing or hearing about such a flower that could do this, which had her wondering if it was a flower found only in the Spring Court? Was it burning? How was it burning?

Shay nodded as he explained what it was and what it could do. The it’ll sting for a moment meant it was going to hurt and to prepare for such. Shay closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, maybe if she focused on holding her breath it wouldn’t hurt as much? Likely not but she’d try anyway. It took maybe seconds once his hands pressed into her wound before a muffled whimper was let out. Sting? It more than stung, the pain had her leg slightly twitching uncontrollably. “Holy hell” Said through gritted teeth as she breathed out as another nod was given when he announced he was almost done.

Once the pressure from his hands came off her ankle, Shay opened her eyes to look down at the wound. To her surprise, it had in fact stopped bleeding and the pain was lessening bit by bit already. He was so careful when begun to wrap her leg “I don’t think I’ve ever known of a flower that can do so much so quickly.” Said as the vine secured the cloth to her ankle.

“Wasn’t horrible, could have been worse for sure” Shay took his hand, standing slowly as she put little pressure on that leg at first, adding a little more each passing second until she was fully standing on it. “Come now, It’ll take a lot more than a wolf to keep me down” She joked with him, not that it was a joking matter at all but it was how she handled situations like this. “Thank you, Tharu, I am in your debt.”

“Is anything talking to you, telling you what’s going on or is it just the cries that you can hear?”
Said as they began to go in the direction of trouble. Surprise hitting her again once she realized she could easily walk on that leg without too much pain.

Tharu San'Seya

Last edited:
"No. I don't." Tharu smirked up at Shayleigh as he finished his work on her wound, just as aware as she that he wasn't giving her much choice in the matter. "That was a joke." It had gotten her to laugh, and that laughter was something that would greatly help with the pain that his method of treating her involved.

Once she was back on her feet and making wisecracks again, Tharu knew she'd be just fine, not that he ever had any doubt. He'd known her for all of a day and already considered Shayleigh quite capable of taking care of herself. "You'd be surprised what a flower can do, especially the ones you can't find very easily. That Cardinal Bloom alone has a brother that's used as an aphrodisiac, and another that repels magical energies."

Tharu caught himself before he went on a tangent explaining the history of the flowers and why he had such a knowledge of them; there would be time for that later, after both they and the forest were safe.

Right now, they would focus on following the trail of agony that called out to him from deep within the trees. Tharu took lead, and Shayleigh kept pace well despite her injury. The cacophony of noise coming from everything around them was so disorienting that it was difficult to focus on the reason behind it all, no matter how hard he strained.

"I'm... not able to cut through the noise. I'm sorry, we're going in a little bit blind, it seems."

Despite the apologetic look on his face, they wouldn't be oblivious for long-- The farther in they moved, the more clues they would be given, however. More animals, large and small, ran the other way. Loud cries of pain and panic echoed off of every tree, and then a blast of heat seemed to weave its way towards them, offering the final hint with its presence against their skin.

The Prince looked back to Shayleigh as if to ask if she'd felt that as well.

"If that's what I think it is, we need to move quickly, and then worry about the cause afterward. You know this land far better than I, and it won't speak to me in this state. Is there a water source nearby?"

With the very earth itself in such distress, Tharu could not simply call the water to them. He needed to soothe it first, and for that, he would need the help of somebody who knew this place well.

Shayleigh was a godsend once again.

Shayleigh

Tharu was full of surprises tonight or more so, knowledge. Knowledge of things she had never made a point to learn about or just didn’t have the resources to do such. She quirked a brow “An aphrodisiac?" A chuckle found its way forward before she continued “You don’t say?” followed by another soft chuckle. “Sounds like something not many should know about, can’t imagine what might happen if it ended up in the wrong hands”

“How do you know about all that? Is it something someone taught you or was it self taught? It would be extremely helpful to know what certain flowers and plants do what.”
It was something she should have known by now herself and yet, she didn’t. Once she ran from home, she lost any and all access to books and any teachings she wished to have.

“I’m sorry” she shook her head “I’m babbling while we’re trying to figure out what's wrong. You can answer all of that at a different time.” She didn’t know why she continued to talk so much, other than the near death situation that had her still shaken up even though she was doing her best to hide it. “It’s fine, really.” She hadn’t expected him to know what it was. It had been a good thing he had been here tonight, who knows what would have happened if he hadn’t been, to her and the forest.

Shay coughed as the sudden wave of heat hit her, taking her breath away momentarily. Shay nodded at Tharu, he didn’t have to say a thing when he looked back at her, she knew the words that his eyes gave her.

Fire

“Yes, there is but I’m not sure it will be enough.” Said as she was already moving past him at a quickened pace. She’d tried to run but even though the flower had stopped the bleeding and most of the pain, her ankle protested against the running. They would move further in the same direction they’d been going, cutting through dense bushes. “Just behind this tree line is a small brook but how are we to get another water to the fire at one time with nothing to hold it?

Just beyond the treeline they would see the beautiful brook, smaller than some but a body of water nonetheless. A bevy of deer were using the brook to escape the fire, their cries to one another were a warning to keep moving. ”What now, what do we do, what can I do?!” Her tone was nothing short of pure panic.

Tharu San'Seya

Tharu would be more than happy to answer any questions she had another time, mainly because that meant he'd get to see her again and the idea of another outing with Shayleigh was something The Prince was quite keen on. As she offered a flustered apology, he smiled and reached out to place a hand on her shoulder briefly. "We can discuss later. Next time I'll provide the amenities." He teased. It would be a good excuse to show her his home anyways.

That was later on, however. Right now, they had what he suspected was a raging forest fire to contend with and limited resources to combat it with. Shayleigh rushed past him, her limp re-introducing itself as she put more pressure on her injury than he would have recommended in any other situation. Tharu quickly followed, keeping one worried eye on her leg as they looked out over the babbling water of the crystal clear brook, glowing with a dim red hue as it reflected the distant flames.

"It'll have to do." Shayleigh was right-- it wasn't much, but Tharu could make it work with Shayleigh's help and a little bit of luck. The Prince moved quickly to the creek's edge, waving a hand towards the fleeing animals and giving them a small mental push to get them running off in the direction of safety. "These lands are much more familiar with you than they are me; your voice will be far more effective than mine." Tharu waves her down to his spot at the edge. "Come here, and place your hands on my back."

This was a little bit of a long shot; he couldn't be certain this would work. They had to do something though, didn't they? Once he felt her palms on the bare flesh of his back, he closed his eyes and held his own hands out towards the water's surface.

Moment of truth.

"Speak to the water, Shayleigh. Ask it to help us douse the flames. Close your eyes and listen closely, try to find the whispers in the darkness, the voice that isn't mine. Reach out and grab hold, speak back to it, and it will listen."

Shayleigh

“I would like that” Said with a half hearted smile. Not because of him but because of what was going on around them. She felt bad for babbling so much but it was something she did when too much was going on and she needed something to focus on. She had already been looking forward to talking with Tharu again. It had been so long since she’d been able to sit and enjoy the evening with someone and carry on conversations as if there was not a care in the world. After spending so long by herself, it was a big change, like a breath of fresh air that she didn’t realize she’d needed.

Her leg was now just a second thought, something she didn’t care to give much attention to at the moment. The shadow of the flames moved wildly her eyes as once she looked over to it, gasping as she could see just how bad of a situation this was. Shay hadn’t been paying attention to the fact that Tharu had already made his way down to the water's edge until his voice broke her stare. A Questioned look passed through her eyes as he spoke, wondering what it was he had in mind. If he thought she could be of any help with this, he would be sorely disappointed. Shay had no abilities that could move water or speak to nature.

Either way she knew it wouldn’t hurt to hear what he had planned and at least try it, it was worth it. Bare feet made her way down to the water until she stood beside and a little behind Tharu. Fingers slid across his skin as both palms came to press against his warm skin and here she thought her hands were relatively warm, his skin much more so. There had to be some sort of energy he gave off because as soon as she’d touched him it sent chills up her spine, it was an odd sensation but one she’d ignore for now.

“You want me to speak to the water?!” She asked him as if he’d gone mad. She wasn't the one that could converse with such. Shay shook her head as she closed her eyes, of course she’d still do it but what would happen if it didn’t work!? The fire was getting out of control and they were right in its path. Shay wasn’t sure if she was to speak to the water out loud or in her head. So she went with the first thing she could think of. “We need your help to put out the fires that threaten to claim this part of the forest, likely more. I’m not sure this works or how it’s even possible..or if I’m even talking to you or just myself..” Babbling again and yet.. Her words paused as she could faintly make out a whisper. She wasn’t sure what it said or if she was just imagining it but it sounded as if it was more than one voice but all speaking together.

So you can hear me.. That is if I’m talking to what I think I am.. We need your help in putting out this fire. Without your help this fire will grow too wild and I can't lose this place. We can't lose this place.. Please..Help me.. Help us. For some reason, Shay felt the need to speak to it with just her mind now. Not only spoke with her mind but started to envision the water rising, moving swiftly towards the flames, while the whispers kept coming but she was still unable to understand what they were saying. She continued to play out the scene in her head, as if that was helping give the water purchase to do as she was asking.

Put out the fire until there is nothing left of it but smoke. Again said in the mind to the body of water as her fingers, unknowingly, pressed into his skin. Surely if it didn’t work Tharu would tell her to stop, right?! She continued to picture what she believed would happen. Watched as the water found every lick of fire and doused it with a hiss following after. All the while, Shay kept her eyes closed tight, not saying a word.. At least not audibly.

Tharu San'Seya

Last edited:
The Prince's hope was that Shayleigh's deep connection with this area would allow her voice to reach the water through him, something that would only be possible if she had the capacity to be a speaker in the first place. There were more questions that ran through his mind; How had such a large blaze started so quickly? Why hadn't he felt such a disturbance sooner?

Whatever the answers to these oddities, they would have to wait until the inferno was quelled. Much longer and the Hidden Estate would be in danger, and Tharu couldn't allow that to happen. Tharu felt Shayleigh's hands press flat against the naked flesh of his back, his eyes closing as he focused on her presence, the steady rise and fall of her chest as he matched his breathing to hers.

Once they were synchronized with one another, Shay spoke, but her voice was different; there was no echo, no reverberation amongst the deep forest. The pleas from her lips touched every surface, sinking into the world around them, rather than bouncing off of it. The water, the babbling brook that had known Shay far longer than Tharu, trusted her and heeded her call in a time of great need.

Water attacked the vicious orange tongues of flame, not only from the brook, but from other small bodies of water even farther away. The brook itself was left a narrow, dry bed, but that sacrifice would be what saved the trees, the animals, and the rich soil beneath their feet. When Shayleigh opened her eyes, the flames were gone, only soft plumes of steam rose lazily from the ground.

"Incredible... that was something..."

Tharu had been expecting only enough water to diminish the flame a little. The Prince had an entirely different plan in place to finish the job, but now it seemed that wouldn't be necessary. Shayleigh's call had been extremely potent. Prodigiously so, for somebody with no experience.

He turned his head to look back at her.

"You're sure you're not a San'Seya? I've never seen such an impressive display by somebody without our blood..."

Shayleigh

• Wonder
The years spent deep within the wilds had been put to good use, Shay had used it to learn more about not only herself but her abilities and how to control them. At least the one’s she knew about. She couldn’t even begin to explain the feelings invading her body as she spoke to the forest, to the waters. It was a feeling of being truly alive, of being one with something so majestic that it left you utterly speechless.

Could it be the connection she shared with Tharu that was causing this? Could she feel at least a fraction of what it was like to be able to communicate with the forest itself?! She allowed no other thought to interfere with what was going on now even if it didn’t work, something was happening, and Shay could feel it. It was as if her very essence was sprouting from her being in search of whatever would heed her call.

The heat from the fire, so close, started to dissipate. At the same time she felt a wave of something cool move across her skin, yet when she opened her eyes to investigate what it could have been, there was nothing. The confusion quickly slipped away as she let her gaze fall on where the fire had been but was no more, the brook was left dry as a bone but the fire was.. out?! Part of her felt horrid that the brook was drained completely but knew the first rain they had, it will fill once more. It had answered their call and saved the entire forest!

Tharu’s voice brought her out of her stunned stupor. “Did we..” Shays voice broke “Did we actually do this?” Shay was almost in tears at the sight, not because she was sad but because what had just happened was so overwhelming that she had yet to be able to process it all just yet. “Incredible.. yes.. You can do this?!” Shay finally looked a Tharu as her question slid past her lips.

What he had to say next caught her off guard and of course the first and only answer she had was. “No, not that I know of” Said, no unsure due to what he had said. “To be honest, the only family I ever knew were my mother and father.” Brows began to furrow as she shook her head. “But this was your doing, Tharu, I simply helped. So that would explain that. Right?” Shay finally took her hands of his back and looked back to the charred ground where the fire once blazed. “How could this have started so deep in the forest?” Not a question aimed at him really, just an open thought.

Tharu San'Seya

Tharu couldn't help but crack a smile at the wonderment Shayleigh was expressing. That an ability so ordinary and natural to the San Seya's could bring such an air of amazement to one unfamiliar with the nature of their kind was a reminder to never take that gift for granted. Yet Tharu remembered the first time he'd made the connection, the overwhelming feeling that had taken him when the scope and size of what he'd done had truly sunk in.

The Prince gave Shayleigh a moment to process, turning around to sit on the dirt as she slowly removed her hands from his skin. The raw talent she possessed was undoubtedly astounding, but Tharu felt more happy for her than anything else. Only hours ago they'd been discussing whether or not one could teach her to merely hear the world. Now, San'Seya was certain she was capable of that and more.

"I amplified things, definitely. The water responded because you were touching a San'Seya. Even so..." Something about what had just happened hadn't gone according to plan, not in the slightest. "When you spoke, your voice should have gone through me to connect with this forest. That's not what happened though. You called out yourself."

Turning his head around from where he sat to observe the smoldering remains of the blaze, Tharu brought a hand underneath him to raise himself back up to his feet, dusting off the loose robes that hung from his waist. "What I'm trying to say is..." He kicked a bit of dirt at the ember-filled pile before spinning back around to face her. "...Is that you've got far more talent than any non-Spring I've ever met before. You do have the voice, though it needs to be trained. It's your will that saved this forest, Shayleigh."

Another glance to the ashes behind him, and a small grimace at her question.

"But as for what tried to kill it... Well..." Tharu shook his head. No, he couldn't assume anything. He didn't have enough information to warrant any guesses. Not yet anyway.

"Come." Tharu began to make his way back from where they'd arrived. "I'll explain on the way back..."

Shayleigh

• Wonder