Private Tales No Jackets

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Ah yes, a name would have been good.

"A pleasure to meet ye, Peyton. Got yourself a real catch there Lucius."​

The Kobold slowly moved around the office, flashing a smile to Peyton and then looking over to Lucius a bit more carefully than he did before.

"See you got clean, lad."​

"Her doing." Lucius said as he pointed towards Peyton. "Dragged me out of the gutter near two months ago. Been clean since then."

The Kobold nodded in appreciation.

"Good. Good. Always did think you were better off without the stuff. Glad for ya lass."​

Eventually Thellin reached the other side of his desk, hopping up into his chair and looking at the two pirates.

"Now, what can I help ye with?"​

• Popcorn
Reactions: Peyton
Peyton's eyes narrowed in a smile at Lucius' words, though he never gave himself enough credit for his strength either. All she'd done was give him a place to sleep, a few decent meals and a purpose. She hadn't forced him off of the stuff, and she'd looked the other way that fortnight before they'd set off. He'd been the one to live up to his word and forced himself through the pain of getting clean and she admired him for it.

"Yes, he is.." she answered Thellin with a smile, though her tone held a subtle hint of bitterness since the man himself obviously contributed either vastly or entirely to teth's supply of shade. She sat down in the chair and crossed one leg over the other as she studied the Kobold for a moment before answering.

"We were hoping you might help us locate Falwin. He knows some business about my father, Captain Sullivan? We just need some answers from him.. a bit of friendly conversation, really. No harm intended unless he plans on being dishonest or quiet on the matter.." her shoulder shrugged..

• Popcorn
Reactions: Lucius
The Kobold did not seem to mind the bitterness in Peyton's voice, in fact he almost seemed to smile ruefully at the tone.

"Falwin?"​

Lucius looked at Thellin with a nod of his head. "We just want to talk."

There was a slight pause, a frown, and then a slow nod as the Kobold seemed to come to an understanding. Thellin wasn't stupid, not by far. He probably knew more than a dozen others crime bosses spread throughout the entire world. m

"I can...arrange that, but I'll need a favor."​

A grimace pulled over his expression.

"What's the favor?" Lucius asked.

"Nothing to do with my business. I have a daughter. I want her off Teth, not as a pirate obviously, but...she has a gift, and I want to send her to Elbion."​

Lucius looked at Peyton.

• Thoughtful
The man's favour actually made Peyton warm to him a little more, she could understand a man wanting something better for his daughter and she nodded instantly without waiting for Luc's agreement. She knew he would agree anyway.. "Done." she smiled. Gods she hoped her gift wasn't turning people to stone or the likes.

Peyton glanced to Lucius with a sheepish smile and laced her fingers together as she returned her attention to Thellin. "How soon can you arrange it exactly?.."

• Popcorn
The Kobolds tail swished for a moment, and a wide grin set on his face.

"I see who makes the decisions here."​

"She has a track record of making the right call." Lucius said with a shrug of his shoulders, clearly not bothered by the insinuation the Kobold was trying to make. He trusted Peyton with everything.

Delivering one brat to Elbion wouldn't be too hard.

"Falwin is out of the city, he'll be back in two days time. I can have him meet you where you please."​

It was clear the Kobold would not be detailing just what Falwin was doing.

• Bless
Peyton grinned at Thellin's words and laughed under her breath "We just..agree." she smiled with a glance to Lucius with a faint blush. She supposed she could be a little bossy at times, and her eyes gave apology regardless of whether he asked for it or not.

Her shoulders sagged a little at Falwin's news, she was growing impatient and another two days of waiting was not the new she wanted, but she nodded in acceptance anyway, because what choice did they have?

"He can meet us aboard our ship, the new galleon at the east dock.. Her name is.." she looked to Lucius, way to push him for a decision, Peyt.

• Popcorn
"The Blackheart." It was a name that rolled off of Lucius' tongue almost naturally. He hadn't even really thought about it.

A whistle escaped passed the Kobolds lips, and slowly he nodded.

"Alright. I'll let him know and...encourage him to attend when he comes back. After your meeting I expect you to send for my daughter."​

Lucius nodded his head. One little side trip to Elbion wouldn't put too much of a damper on his plans. The College was just a weeks journey from the Gulf anyway, and a good storm might meant they make up that time anyway. "Thank you, Thellin."

He said with a short bow of his head.

"Alright alright, get outta here before I change my mind."​

The Kobold waved them off, clearly done with the conversation.

• Devil
"The Blackheart." Peyton nodded with a smug smile at Lucius before returning her attention to Thellin.

"Of course." she agreed "We set sail in a week." she told him as she stood and dipped her chin in thanks.

She took Lucius' hand as they left the office reached to slip the poppy into his hair behind his ear. "Well.. Lucius Albridge, Captain of the Blackheart. Apparently I am the one who makes the decisions around here. And I decide...that you better get me to bed, before I change my mind." she grinned, and the thunder started to rumble in the blackening clouds.

• Wonder
He smirked at her. "Bed huh?"

Glancing up at the Sky Lucius wondered just how bad this storm would be. He wondered if it was an omen, or a token that would wash away all the sins of their past. Fingers slowly floated over Peyton's hand, and he slowly drew her into a kiss.

"I can do that." Lucius said as he pulled away, slipping his hand onto the small of her back and heading back towards the rest of their crew.

The trip back was an uneventful one, thank the gods, and they managed to board The Blackheart within the hour just as the rain began to come down.

"Best batten down the hatches boys!" Peyton smiled back at Chris and Ferg behind them as they walked up the gangplank, though preparations for the approaching storm were already being made.

In their cabin, a fire and many candles had already been lit and a warm bath was ready and waiting for her, the smell of lavender bath salts filled the room and Peyton sighed. "Oh Vreek.." she smiled softly. "He knows the way to a girl's heart." she mused, and looked over the tray of fruits, breads and cheese that'd been left on her desk along with a good bottle of wine. "I don't think we pay him enough.." she laughed under her breath.

She slipped out of her jacket and hung it up before turning back to him.. "I suppose we should prepare quarters for Thellin's daughter.. I should've asked how old the girl is." she pursed her lips and went to wrap her arms around Lucius and pull him into an embrace.

• Popcorn
His arms slipped around her back, musing for a second. "I think...around eighteen now."

He had worked for Thellin for just a year or so before the Kingpin had fired him for using two much Shade, but he vaguely remembered the daughter.

"We'll give her a cabin." Lucius said as he nuzzle his nose over Peyton's, kissing softly and letting his lips linger. "Maybe get Betty to watch over her while she's on board."

He let out a happy sigh as he held her. "Definitely keep Ferg away from her. I'm not sure about him."

Lucius said softly, slowly dragging Peyton into himself and slowly sidling along towards the bath.

Her gaze narrowed. She really hoped the girl wouldn't give them any trouble.."Hm.. probably a snooty thing, coming from a home like that, but yes I'm sure Betty will be up to the task.." she agreed, but laughed as he spoke of Ferg.

"Please, like you weren't leering at every girl on dry land when you were eighteen. I remember." she smiled, running her fingers into his hair as he walked them toward the bath..

"Careful. You might fall in. You've already had your bath this week.." she grinned at him and her teeth nipped gently at his jaw and neck.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
His fingers squeezed her slightly. "I was ordered to take more as I recall."

He smirked at her as his fingers flitted beneath the hem of her trousers, slowly beginning to pull the cloth down over her backside.

"And I try to follow orders..." A kiss planted on her lips. "As much as I possibly can."

Lucius decided to ignore the comment about other girls...mostly because it couldn't go anywhere go. "Or would you rather I do something else?"

He breathed, kissing his way down to her neck.

Peyton grinned against his kisses and followed suit on undressing him.. "Oh no..no.." she kissed "This is fine.." and again "Good.." another.. "I approve.." she breathed out as her fingers worked deftly at ridding him of his own clothes whilst she kicked off her boots clumsily and laughed.

She titled her head back as he kissed his way down her neck and she bit hard on her lip. It was driving her wild and she gripped at his hair to keep his lips there as she stepped backwards into the hot bath.. "One of these days... I'll use this thing for it's intended purpose again.." she grinned.. "But, not today.."

• Popcorn
His lips parted against her neck, biting down just barely for a few seconds as he breathed her in. "Not today."

Lucius agreed as he practically ripped off the remaining cloth on her skin. The sight was one he would never tire of. His hands roamed up and down her body, feeling the curve of her rear, the angle of her hips, the small scars that cut across her back.

She was pure and utter perfection.

Arms tightened around her, and with all the reckless abandon of a man in love Lucius picked Peyton up into his arms. She was like a doll in his arms, weightless as he practically jumped into the tub with her and sent water everywhere.

• Love
Peyton growled a sound of approval at that bite and laughed under her breath at his playfulness, and she let her head fall back with a soft sigh as his hands roved over her skin. She'd never tire of those hands.

A gasp escaped her lips as he lifted her up and she laughed, realising what he was about to do before he did it.. "Luc. No don--" water rushed over the sides of the tub, over them both and she let out a scream that almost instantly had Vreek rattling at the door.

"Miss Peyton is everything alright? Can I assist y--"

"I'm fine Vreek! Thank you!" Peyton cut him off, and the goblin grinned at the sound of her laughter and shuffled away with a shake of his head muttering something about young love.

She attacked her man with deep, lascivious kisses, her arms wrapping around his neck. Gods, she loved him so much her happiness physically ached in her chest and her smile was utterly irrevocable. She poured every ounce of it into those kisses, and her heart pounded for him.

Young love indeed..

The water was cold, or it was hot, Lucius couldn't quite tell in the heat of the moment. He didn't care about the world around him. He didn't care about the water sloshing out of the tub or Vreek checking if Peyton was okay. Hell, he wouldn't have cared if that goddamn kraken showed up.

All that mattered in the moment was Peyton. All that mattered was her skin against his, her hands tracing over him, her lips pressing against his body.

She sent fire through his veins. It was like an inferno burning from his head go his toes. Fingers clamped down on her body, lips pressing against hers as he desperately tried to draw her into himself.

"Happy?" He breathed against her lips, his hair a matted mass across his face and back. "Because this is what you wanted right?"

He didn't let her answer, instead he pressed his lips against hers and slid his hands down onto her rear.

Everything else was forgotten.

• Love
Peyton's lips parted to speak but he was all too quick to seize her words with another kiss and she was all too happy to return it. But he was right.. This was all she'd wanted. She realised in that moment just how ridiculously happy she was and how she'd never thought it could be possible, not when she'd lost her world. But this new world of her own, sailing their own ship by his side, sharing it with him..it was a wonder her heart didn't burst.

The floor was soaked, and they'd left puddles and tracks of it all over the room by the time the'd collapsed into bed to catch their breaths. They were like a pair of teenagers, unable to get enough, and Peyton chuckled at the thought as she stared up at the ceiling with a deep huff...

"I'm not sure we're going to so great at running this ship together.." she rubbed at her brow and turned her head to smile at him.

• Bless
His hand rested on her stomach, eyes closed and buried in the pillow. "Well."

The words were muffled of course, and slowly Lucius turned his head so that he could actually look at Peyton while he spoke.

"Stop being so damned distracting." A smirk touched his lips. "Then maybe I could get some work done."

His fingers softly played over her skin. "I have very important Captain things to do, plus my Navigator has been slacking lately. Don't know what is wrong with her."

• Haha
Peyton shot him a side grin and shook her head.. "She's been a little busy being seduced.. give her a break." she huffed and rolled over the top of him to retrieve the tray of food that Vreek had left out for them. She could feel the ship sway with the waves as the storm raged outside, though it wasn't the only reason her legs felt a little weak. She returned to him with the food and wine and climbed back into bed to pick at some fruit and listen to the rumble of thunder and lashing of rain against the windows for a moment. The sounds caused her mind to drift back to the night they'd rather forget and she sighed quietly..

"There was a time a storm like this would have been soothing to me." she grumbled as she crunched into a grape, and her eyes fell on the desk, wandering over all of the brass instruments that rocked and spun, stating the obvious.

"You saved my life that night.. Do you remember?.." she asked him gently.

• Cry
He nodded his head a little. "It's hazy, but i do."

The shade had done a number on his mind, and the situation wasn't helped by the fact that they'd recently realized he could talk to fish. Some of the memories from that night were from the Kraken, some from himself. Others were just a bare blur that he could barely look through.

He leaned over and softly kissed her cheek.

"It won't happen again." Never again. This ship would not sink in a hundred years. He would gain control of his magic, he would understand it and he would use it to protect her. "I'll always keep you safe, Peyt."

He remembered the Market, remembered how she'd felt after.

That would never happen again. Never. Determination set into him like stone. He knew what he had to do, he knew what his goal was.

It wasn't the ship. It wasn't a legacy.

It was her.

• Love
Her eyes closed as she felt the soft touch of his lips on her cheek and she smiled at the reassurance that their ship was safe. With his promise to keep her safe, she looked at him. She hated herself for the feeling of uncertainty that rushed through her mind for a brief moment, her thoughts drifting back to Kellen and Jacob, to Lucius being lost to his magic, how afraid she'd been under Jacob's knife and the scar she now wore on her throat, to punching Lucius repeatedly in the middle of the street when he'd broken that promise once before. She wanted to believe him, but it was an impossible promise that neither of them could make. They were pirates, they'd have many battles in front of them and fate was fate.

"Don't make promises like that, Luc." her head shook gently and she sighed as she leaned to press a kiss to the corner of his lips.. "Me getting hurt should never be your burden unless it's by your hand. Just promise to love me. That is more than enough for me.." she smiled.

• Wonder
"Okay." Was it still a lie if it was for her own good?

Was it still a lie if the promise he'd made came first? Lucius didn't know. Had no idea in any capacity. He was neither scholar nor philosopher, but he knew that he loved this woman. He knew that he would dive over the edge of the world for her.

That had to be enough. That had to mean he could keep his promise without betraying hers.

Had to.

"I love you." Lucius said as he kissed her softly, running his hand slowly over her for a seconds before he drew back and flopped onto the bed. "Always will."

He added with a content smile on his face.

• Love
Peyton's cheeks dimpled at those words she'd never tire of hearing and she nodded firmly in acceptance.. "I love you too, Captain Albridge." she smirked and settled herself back against her pillows, helping herself to some more wine and fruit.

By the time the storm cleared it was morning, and the clouds broke to let the sun spill into the cabin. Peyton snorted herself awake, the bed littered with empty wine bottles, bread, crackers and rogue grapes she'd tried and failed to catch in her mouth. Her arm was draped over Lucius' face and her arse was in the air..

"Shhh.." she frowned as though he'd been the one to wake her.

• Popcorn
Lucius snapped awake as Peyton’s arm smacked him in the face. His eyes opened up, head swinging to look at her as she shushed him. His lips turned to a frown for a few seconds, gaze sweeping up and down her body.

A grumpy noise escaped his throat and he turned slightly, shifting to his side. Peyton’s arm rubbed at the scruff on his face, tangling in her hair.

His hand came up, stroking over the back of her thigh for a second before his palm found it’s way to her airborne rear. Fingers folded over her behind in a kneading touch, his lips turning to a smirk.

He was doing as she’d told him, being perfectly quiet.

• Haha