Private Tales No Jackets

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She felt numb as she sat there staring up at the ceiling lost in her thoughts for what seemed like such a long moment.

As he felt his hand on her she looked up at him, his words breathing a little life back into her. She smiled at him and reached a hand to his face to pull him down toward her and she kissed him softly. "I love you too." she whispered against his lips, before kissing him more deeply this time.

She needed him. She wanted to feel something other than pain, hurt and confusion. They were both tired and weak in different ways, but she'd take her time and they'd comfort one another slowly, passionately long into the night.

• Love
Reactions: Lucius
His hands slowly began to roam over her, touching her, kneading as their kiss burned with passion.

Lucius knew what this was. A way for them to lose their thoughts, to strip away all the drama of the day and simply connect with one another once again. Their night was spent in a soft and passionate embrace, holding, kissing, taking each other as much as they could.

By the time dawn broke Lucius found himself with aching muscles and half formed thoughts. The sun cast into the cabin, none of the curtains having been drawn before. Outside he could hear the sounds of Teth, and beyond that the call of various sea birds.

His eyes opened, and he found Peyton still laying besides him, still asleep. "I love you."

The Captain whispered quietly to her, running his hand softly over her belly.

It had certainly been a welcomed distraction, and her mind and body had been thoroughly exhausted but she'd found another level of connection with him that let her forget everything else and lose herself. It was pure love, a worship of one another that removed any doubt of just how they felt and how much they needed one another.

She'd slept soundly, but even in her sleep her body had ensured it's connection to him and her limbs ensured that they remained tethered to his. His words roused her slightly and she let out a deep sigh, a soft smile forming on her lips and her stomach muscles twitched ticklishly against his touch.

"Hm.." she smiled.. "I won't tire of those words." she mumbled, her voice gritty with sleep, and she curled against him to press a kiss to his shoulder. "I love you too."

She didn't want it to be today yet. She wanted to stay in this bed and never leave the night they'd spent together behind.

• Wonder
Lucius lingered besides her, a soft smiling on his face as he simply watched her wake. His arm wrapped gently around her back, fingers splaying across her skin as she pressed herself into him.

"Good." He said softly. "The moment you tire of them, I think I might be in trouble."

The soft joke came from his lips as he turned his head, eyes locking on the ceiling of the cabin.

One of the obnoxious chandeliers still hung there, it's large crystalline structure being oddly intimidating for something that you were supposed to look at all the time. A frown touched his lips, and slowly he shook his head.

"We need to get rid of those." They were ugly as sin.

Peyton lay for a while longer, enjoying the touch of his hands and lips against her skin, kissing him and enjoying more tender moments before it was agreed that they get up and face what matters had to be faced.

Vreek had kindly brought them clothes from Peyton's place, as well as plate loaded with bread, cheese, cold meats and fruit which Peyton picked at as she bathed and dressed. She was dabbing at the cut on her throat in the mirror with a damp cloth. The bleeding had stopped, and she tied a gold silk scarf around her neck that matched the detailed embroidery and buttons on her brand new navy jacket.

Her hands fell to her hips and her heart sank to the pit of her stomach as she felt for her father's daggers. Her chest ached, and she looked down in attempt to hide the pain on her face..

"I'll need some new weapons, I'll stop by the smith later.." she nodded and turned to face him. "We have to find him today."

• Popcorn
His lips thinned, and Lucius felt another pang of regret.

It was his fault that those daggers were gone, his fault that they had been lost. Lips thinned for a brief moment, but he nodded. "We'll take some of the crew with us."

Lucius swallowed hard, knowing that there wasn't much he could do to actually make up for losing the treasured tokens. An idea formed in his mind...but he wasn't entirely sure he could pull it off.

"Ferr, some of the bigger ones." He was trying to be cautious this time, trying to show her that he'd meant what he'd said the night before.

No more mistakes.

When Peyton continued he nodded his head. "We'll find him."[

Falwin. Where the fuck was that bastard hiding.

• Sip
Reactions: Peyton
She forced a small smile and nodded at him, she could see that he was trying to settle her anxieties.. It would all be for nothing if they were reckless and lost everything they'd fought for..

"Alright. Eat something, and we'll go. I want to start planning our next voyage but I can't do that until this business is dealt with and we can start getting a crew in order.." she huffed quietly and went to him, seeking comfort from a kiss and the warmth of him.

"Last night.." she smiled up at him, leaving the rest unspoken, no words were needed.

"I love you." she looked up.

• Bless
His arms wrapped around her, a nod slowly dipping his head. "I love you."

Lucius returned the words softly.

It still pained him, the fact that he had never made her doubt him, but he would make up for it. That much at least he was determined to do. His fingers tightened on her skin, eyes closed as he gently held her against himself for just a few seconds longer.

"Always." He added to his words, and then kissed the top of her head softly before breaking their embrace.

With a flourish, Lucius turned about and grabbed one of the clean shirts that had been purchased for him the day before. On his way he also grabbed a loaf of bread, sticking it into his mouth. "Lefts gwo!"

He called with his mouth full.

• Bless
They gathered a small pirate posse of and made their way into the city. Crew men were already at work repairing the massive hole that'd been left in the town square and Peyton glanced at Lucius as some of the men were asking questions about it.

They headed first to the Painted Princess, thinking perhaps it might be a good place to start looking for Falwin, or at least to find someone who might know where he would be. There were the usual murmurs and whispers and looks of curiosity, admiration and fear as the group wandered in to the tavern. Peyton ordered a round at the bar, and people got up to allow the crew to sit at one of the long tables at the back.

She sat and gazed around, searching for faces she might know as she waited on their drinks. "Rounds are on me boys." she smiled and they slammed their fists on the table in cheer.

• Popcorn
Lucius peered around the bar, deciding that the Painted Princess was decidedly not his scene in the least.

A frown was perched on his face, and he wasn't entirely sure why he had ever mentioned coming here to Peyton. Everyone wore nice clothes, most people looked like they were from the better crews, and the waitress.

Well not that he was looking at them but their dresses weren't even low-cut.

What the hell was the point?

Lucius shook his head as he wondered, but decided that focusing on the task at hand would be better. Placing a hand on the small of Peyton's back he leaned over and whispered. "Look."

He nudged his head towards a distant table.

"That's Captain Velefor." He wondered if she remembered the name. "Sailed on the Suspicious Strumpet."

Despite its comical name, the Strumpet had been an incredible ship in it's time, one of the main rivals to the Concordant. "He might know about Falwin."

• Wonder
Peyton had no idea why Lucius had suggested this place either. She was well dressed enough for it, of course, but the atmosphere was not what she was used to, especially for Teth. They certainly stood out, but something about that amused her and she laughed as the crew were already drawing attention to themselves.

Peyton followed Lucius' look toward the Captain with a small smirk.. "Ah..Yes I remember him from when I was little. He was friends with my father for a time, but couldn't handle being outdone." she mused.

"Shall we?.." she turned Lucius' face toward her and kissed him to add to the scandalousness of their presence before standing up. Rather than walk around the long table, she stood up onto the stool she'd been seated on and then up onto the table to walk across it and she stepped down again with a hand from Ferg and Chris to then stride over to the Captain's table.

She sat down without invitation, and settled her elbows on the table and her chin on her knuckles as she smiled at him.

"You used to have more hair.."

• Popcorn
Lucius followed after Peyton, though he didn't walk over the table.

A smirk touched his lips as he did so though, watching the reaction of those that looked at Peyton. It was clearly that such behavior was not...acceptable in a place like this. Not that anyone would ever dare actually say that.

The Captain stepped up behind Peyton just as she spoke, a laugh breaking out from the old man's lips as he looked at her.

"Ah I see you inherited your fathers tongue."​

The man seemed to smile, though there was a darkness to his expression.

"Shame about that. I'm sorry lass."​

It had been five years, but Velefor had of course not seen Peyton since. He was a good man, an honorable one in his own little way. He had offered Lucius a place on his crew once, though of course the young Pirate had turned it down.

The nightmares had been too strong then.

"I also see you caught yourself a Bull Shark."​

Lucius frowned for a brief moment, the hit a bit too close to the events of what happened earlier. Even if it had been meant as a complement. "Indeed she has Captain."

His hand settled on Peyton's shoulder, a gentle touch.

Peyton smiled warmly as the man spoke of her inheritance and she dipped her chin in a light nod. "Aye. Me too.." she answered at his apology.

Her hand settled on Luc's as it rested on her shoulder and she looked up.. "Mhm. Only one of the fiercest Captains the seas have ever seen." she smiled and looked back to Velefor.

"We were hoping to run into Falwin to discuss some business.. Thought perhaps you might know where we could find him?" she asked with a head tilt and a sweet smile.

• Sip
Velefor scratched at his beard.

"Falwin? I haven't heard from him in...nearly two years now."​

Lucius heart sank a bit, his lips thinning for a moment as he wondered if they would ever actually get anywhere with this quest of theirs.

He wanted so badly for them to know, to understand. He couldn't stand the thought that Peyton would never see the secret, would have to live with a black mark on her mind for the rest of her life.

"But, I heard he's been running Shade for Thellin lately."​

Velefor shook his head.

"Nasty stuff that, as you know lad."​

The Captain looked up at Lucius, inspecting him for a moment as though gauging whether or not Lucius was still taking the drug. After a few seconds he nodded his head, coming to the conclusion that Lucius must have been clean.

"Thellin?" Fuck. Thellin was one of the biggest crime bosses in Teth. "Thanks Captain."

His stomach sank a bit, but at least they had a lead.

"Don't getcha selves in anymore trouble. Ya hear? Worlds a better place without the two you took out, but people are already talkin."​

She let out a sigh as it seemed they were at a dead end already. The hope he gave was bittersweet, and Peyton's hand subconsciously tightened it's grip on Lucius' as the Captain spoke of shade. Her brow furrowed at the man's comments, feeling slightly offended for Luc that he'd bring it up.

As Lucius seemed to know who Velefor was talking about, Peyton looked up at him, searching his face for reassurance that this was a lead they could follow. She didn't want to lead Lucius down any dangerous paths, it wouldn't be worth it if it landed them in more trouble.

Peyton looked back to Velefor with a soft laugh at his words and she reached to squeeze the man's hand in thanks.

"We'll try our very best." she smirked and dipped her chin. "Take care of yourself, Captain." Peyton smiled and stood to return to their table, where the crew had already tanked two jugs of ale between them. Her eyes rolled.

• Popcorn
Lucius gently looped his arm around the small of Peyton's back as they walked together, his lips thinning slightly.

"Thellin is a Kingpin." He whispered softly to her as they returned to the table, one of the men slamming a mug of ale down in front of Lucius.

It was Chris, the incredibly handsome and good looking lad that Peyton had convinced him to bring aboard. A smile touched the Captain's face, and he said a quick word of thanks before leaning into his love.

"Not a...bad man." It was hard to say that about a crime lord, but oddly true. "Ruthless."

He didn't want to give Peyton any wrong impressions. "But not bad. We might be able to ask him about Falwin."

So not a dead end completely.

• Haha
Peyton learned in as he spoke and she huffed with a small smile “Alright... Maybe we’re getting somewhere after all. But we’re only going to Thellin if you’re sure about this. I can go with a few of the men.. I’d rather you didn’t have to..” she frowned briefly and stepped up onto the stool and table to walk across it again, casting a grin at the next table over who all looked at her incredulously.

She sat and took the offered ale from Ferg. The brothers were a handsome pair, sure to be breaking many hearts. Ferg was slightly better looking though, more rugged and manly, he definitely looked like he could throw a woman.

“Thanks lad” Peyton winked, and drank.

• Cthulhoo rage
Lucius once again went the long way around the table. Peyton was pretty enough that nobody would stop her breaking a few rules, but He figured he'd caused enough trouble over the last day.

Sitting himself down Lucius glanced at Ferg who was ostentatiously leering at a waitressed full breasts from across the room. His head shook, and he nudged the man's brother. Chris looked up, glanced at his brother and grabbed his shoulder.

"Ferg damn it, I keep telling you that you have to respect women. Gods damn get it in your head."

Lucius shook his head ruefully, then turned back to regard Peyton. "Thellin won't meet with someone he doesn't know."

Which of course implied that he knew him.

"It'll be alright. We just have to be honest with him." That probably sounded extremely strange given the fact of where they were. Lies were as common on Teth was prostitutes were in a brothel. It was a matter of the world that if you asked a question you would most likely receive a lie as an answer.

That was the way of things here, but not with Thellin.

The man always made it clear, tell the truth and he'd go easy on you. Lie once, you'd end up with a few broken fingers. "With luck he'll even summon Falwin straight to us."r

• Haha
Peyton laughed into her ale at the argument between the brothers but straightened her face so that she could glare at the lad scornfully. His cheeks reddened, but she couldn't hold the look for long and grinned. "You'll learn to treat women with respect lad. Trust me on that." she lifted her ale and took another sip, her eyes sparkling mischievously at him. He looked positively terrified, and Chris gave him a nudge in the ribs.

"Yeah, Ferg. Have some respect."

She listened to Lucius as he spoke and she stared down into her drink for a moment's consideration before sighing and giving a brief nod.. "Alright then.."

They shared another two jugs of ale between them before leaving. Dark clouds were gathering in the distance and Peyton's gaze narrowed as she watched them for a moment and looked straight up, studying the movement of the sky. "Got about an hour before that storm hits.." she sighed and laced her arm through Luc's.

"Best find Thellin quickly, I don't want to be stuck in this part of the city when it does."

• Sip
Lucius nodded his head in agreement, a frown flickering over his features as he glanced towards the clouds in the distance.

Storms were bad in Teth. Things often had to be tied and bolted down a little extra whenever a particularly bad one came roaming through. When an entire city was made up of floating ships and platforms a little bit of rain and rolling waves tended to be a big deal.

"He'll be in his manor." Located in the only district in all of Teth that actually had solid earth beneath it.

A breath filled his lungs, and he motioned for the crew to get up and follow along. A few of them were drunk as skunks, but most had kept their wits about them. Lucius knew most of them wouldn't be allowed into the Manor, but he wanted to keep them close s he and Peyton made their way through the streets.

Eventually they reached the inner district of Teth.

Things took on a different look here. Actual buildings sprawled out if the ground, fenced and gated. There was vegetation, a few window gardens and even some grown on the ground.

For some reason it made Lucius uncomfortable.

Thellins manor was smaller compared to most, though it was still half the size of the Galleon he and Peyton had stolen. It looked up ahead, two large orcs standing out in front of it wearing a strange sort of leather armor. "Je'len."

Lucius recognized one of the guards, a man who he'd worked with in the past.

"Need to see Thellin." The orc raised an eyebrow.

"Well I'll be a monkeys uncle. Lucius? Damn you look way better than last time I saw you. Lemme see if the boss wants to talk."

There was a quick motion and he passed inside through a small door in the gate.

Peyton hated this part of the city and so she rarely visited. It'd been known to her as the anchor, the only part of dry land in Teth that held the plethora of ships in place. It'd started with a single ship, only the gods knew how many years ago, and had since grown outward across the sea. It made her legs feel weak, like any other dry land that didn't gently rock underfoot, and she held on to Lucius a little tighter as they walked along the dimpled, earthy path. The only thing she enjoyed about it was the scents of flora and fauna that the rest of the city was void of. Peyton didn't see many trees and flowers in her life, and she couldn't help but sweep a hand out to pick a poppy and twirl it betwixt her fingertips with a soft smile as they approached the gates of Thellin's manor.

She eyed the orcs at the gate and produced the warmest of smiles to them.. "Imagine how good you'd look in a jacket.." Peyton murmured after the orc's comment, a look of amusement on her face as she looked up at him. "If you are uncomfortable just...say uhh Flibbertigibbet." she nodded firmly.

• Wonder
Lucius raised an eyebrow. "Sweetheart I don't think I I can pronou-"

Before Lucius could finish his words the orc came walking back out of the Manor. There was a smile on his face, and he waved for Lucius and Peyton to quickly come through the gate. Before he did though he called out to them.

"Fraid your boys gotta stay out here though."

A nod tipped Lucius' head. He had expected as much, and as he wrapped a gentle arm around Peyton the two of them began to walk up towards the Manor. A garden sat behind the wall, fancy and laid out with a walkway that seemed to rim around the entire manor.

It was surprisingly peaceful compared to the city around it, none of Teths usual chaos reaching the area behind the wall.

As they approached the door to the Manor opened, aan dressed in black giving them a bow and leading them inside. The interior of the Manor was as fancy as could be. Dark woods and gold inlays lay everywhere, expensive furniture and even more expensive paintings like the walls.

Most of it was stolen.

"Please, you may wait in his office. Can I get you anything?"

The man dressed in black said as he opened a pair of double doors. "I'm good, thank you."

Lucius said before looking to Peyt.

"Oh..Nothing for me." Peyton smiled at the man, a glimmer of amusement in her eye at the formality and she took the opportunity to curtsy despite wanting so desperately to laugh. "Thank you."..She grinned as he walked away and looked around in awe at the lavishness of the drug lord's dwellings. "Well fuck me. We're in the wrong business." Peyton commented quietly, her face lit with adoration. She did enjoy the finer things, and this was fine.

She wandered around the office, unable to keep her hands off of the fancy glass paperweights and trinkets, fingertips trailed over fancy leather-bound books in a mahogany case that spanned an entire wall of the room until she stood by the window behind the desk and stared out into the garden, the smoky forest of masts visible through the foliage, and the storm approaching fast..

• Sip
He shook his head. "Not sure I'd wanna be in this business."

Lucius said quietly, slowly glancing around to take in everything that he was seeing. He knew where most of this had come from, payment for various drug and enforcement deals.

He'd been a part of some.

"Remember." Lucius said to her. "Honesty. No lies."

Just as he finished speaking one could hear movement outside the door. There was an odd thump, thump, thump, as set carried on heavy wood.

Then a Kobold about a third the size of Lucius stepped into the doorway. It looked up at the Captain, then at Peyton.

"Lucius my boy! So glad to see you!"

The voice was hilariously high pitched. "Hello Thellin."

Lucius said by greeting. "This is my...

How did he introduce her? Fuck.

"First mate and love of my life." Yes that would work.

She frowned gently at his answer and she realised how insensitive her comment had been, of course she hadn't meant it, but she gave him a look of apology anyway.. "No lies.." she confirmed with a nod and turned toward the door as she heard movement.

Peyton generally found it difficult to mask her thoughts from her expression. Her face said exactly what was on her mind, and what was on her mind was 'this is the kingpin?'.. She smiled in amusement, but hoped it would carry off as a warm greeting as the kobold wandered into the room.

She eyed Lucius as he paused in his introduction and she chuckled quietly, her cheeks warming a little "But you can call me Peyton.." she smiled softly at the kobold with a polite dip of her chin.

• Popcorn