Private Tales No Jackets

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Peyton’s cheeks dimpled as her smile lit up her face at the passion in his tone and she took his hand “Luc you’re already living up to it.”

She looked up as one of the prettier tavern wenches swayed over to lean a little more than necessary on the table, showing off her assets as she poured Lucius a drink and undressed him with her eyes. Peyton glowered, shuffling around next to him and throwing both legs over his lap and quirking a brow at the woman in warning.

She twisted her lips and wandered off.

“You will show them..” she assured him, dragging her glare off of the woman and returning her attention to him.

“We’ll get a crew together, get her renamed and figure out where we want to go next.” She smiled and reached to brush a lock of hair from his face.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Lucius
Lucius entirely ignored the bar wench, almost as if she didn't even exist. His entire focus was on Peyton, the way she sat there, the way she looked at the woman. There was no hint of amusement, only a subtle fire in his eyes.

He gently reached up and grabbed her palm. "I know."

Lucius placed a kiss in the center of her palm.

"You're too good to me." He said the words at a whisper, but he truly meant them. The list of what she had done for him went on and on, there was no doubt in his mind that he would have to work to repay her for as long as he could.

Not that she would ever agree.

"Now." He said. "Why don't you tell me a little about what you got yourself?"

• Bless
Reactions: Peyton
Peyton tilted her head with a soft smile in contrast to her glaring just moments before, watching as he kissed her palm and laughing quietly at his words. “Only as good as you are to me..” she arched a brow. She wished she’d found him years before, that she’d never separated from the rest of the crew in the first place, maybe he wouldn’t have wound up in that gutter.. But if he hadn’t, would he love her like he did now?... She pushed the thought away with a slight frown..

“What didn’t I get?” she grinned and told him of the clothes and boots she’d picked out, and tried not to give too many details about the jackets but it was difficult not to be excited about them.. “I’ll stop by the smith tomorrow and have the weapons sharpened up..”

"Sounds like you had an adventure and a half." He told her with a wide smirk.

Lucius had absolutely no idea why, but as she told him about everything he found himself utterly enthralled. Anyone else and he likely would have been bored to death, but with Peyton? She could have been talking about new socks and he would have listened.

He smiled, playing with a coin in his left hand and letting it roll over his fingers. "I was going to use my share to buy Betty."

Lucius told her softly.

"But...turns out that wasn't necessary." He of course decided not to go into exact detail of why. He was sure she'd already guessed. "So we still have that too."

Not to mention what would go to the ship, though Lucius already had a plan for that.

• Devil
She smirked and rolled her eyes.. “Well lets just hope we don’t have to pay for that little incident in other ways..” she huffed quietly and leaned to capture his lips in a soft kiss.

“I need to pick up some new ink and papyrus but otherwise I’m set for our next voyage.” she smiled and bit down on her lip, already eager to leave again.

“But first, more whisky..” she nodded and slipped over his knees to get to her feet. “Charlie! Two more whiskies please!” She called over as she wandered to the bar.

Jacob had clearly been awaiting his opportunity, and he brushed past her, whispering a subtle warning in her ear. Normally, she’d have been able to ignore it, she had the sort of resolve she needed to survive in Teth. But the threat hadn’t been meant for her this time, and she lifted the whisky from the bar and smashed it over the bastard’s skull and watched him crumple to the floor.

The bar silenced, stared at her, and erupted into a full scale bar fight.

• Popcorn
Lucius gaped as Peyton smashed a glass over a man that he vaguely recognized. His mouth hung open. "PEYTON!"

He had absolutely no idea why he was the one shouting, just an hour ago he had nearly slit Kellen's throat when the man hadn't given up Betty's control rod. It hardly seemed fair that he would get upset about one smashed glass.

Still, a glass was thrown his way and it smashed against the wall. "Let's get the fuck outta here."

The Pirate Captain said as he grabbed his love by the hand and quickly tried to yank her up and out of her seat.

Before he could take a single step though a man that he could only describe as a goon suddenly stepped in front of him. The man was massive, taller than Lucius and more muscular by far. A fist came towards the young Captain, but Lucius quickly let go of Peyton and ducked.

Then a roar escaped him.

He jumped forward, tackling the massive man and throwing him against a wall.

She looked at Lucius as though to say ‘What!?’ as he yelled her name, and she ducked a glass before grabbing his hand and stepping on the crumpled Jacob who was out cold..

“Shit. Sorry Charlie!!”...She was going to wind up being unwelcome here if she kept having to leave like this. She skidded to a halt as she looked up at the mountain of a man and she grasped hopelessly toward Lucius as he ran at him.

She picked up a bar stool and had been about to smash it over the man’s head when she was grabbed by a drunken sailer and pulled into a fight of her own “Oh sh—“ she took a punch that grazed her cheek and she staggered against the bar. “Son of a bitch!!!” She winced, gave Charlie an apologetic look as he handed her another bottle, and she smashed it over the pirate’s head and watched him fall to the deck too.

“Luc lets go!!”

• Scared
Lucius struck the man in the face once, then twice, and then a third time until finally the hulk went down for the count. "FUCK!"

He shouted in frustration, hearing Peyton a second later.

His lips thinned, and then he quickly scrambled up off the floor and grabbed her hand. There wasn't a second of hesitation as he motioned for the door.

"No arguments from me!" The Captain said as he practically dragged Peyton towards the door. On the way he dodged at least two more bottles and at least one knife, though eventually he pushed Peyton out the door and stepped straight after her himself.

There was a loud slam as someone ran into the door he closed behind them and locked.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, his tone clearly distressed but not angry.

• Cheer
The knife only just missed her on the way out and she ducked to avoid it. Brawls were one thing, but when weapons were used it was definitely time to get the fuck out.

She flew forward and slammed into the ship’s rail as Lucius pushed her out of the door and she turned, trying to catch her breath, her cheek hot and wet with a trickle of blood.

“I’m sorry!.. He said he and his boys would gut you, and that the ship was his.“ she frowned and pointed at him “It’s fucking yours.”

• Wonder
Lucius was on her quickly, his hands gently cupping her cheek, softly holding her so he could inspect the blood on her cheek.

"It's alright." He told her softly.

He wasn't mad, he could never be mad. It didn't really matter why she'd done it. Even if she'd just told him that she'd thought it would have been funny Lucius probably would have just nodded. Her reason though...her reason was a good one.

"Just maybe..." He smiled. "Warn me next time."

Besides, he could have gutted the bastard himself. "Are you alright?"

Lucius asked softly.

Peyton rested her hands on top of his and laughed under her breath “I’m fine, Lucius... I’ll try and give you warning I just.. sort of snapped.” She shrugged and grinned at him. She hadn’t realised what she was doing until after she’d done it.

“Jacob is still going to be an issue. I don’t know how many more times I can embarrass him in public.. perhaps we should start going to the painted princess..” she huffed..

“Luc that guy was huge.” she laughed.

• Popcorn
He smirked. "Perhaps we should."

Lucius had never actually been to the damned place, but by now they would probably welcome him with open arms just so they could capitalize on the stories spreading around him.

"Don't worry about Jacob." He told her softly, dropping his hands from her face. "I think I put a target on both our backs when I declared myself a King."

Probably a stupid move.

When she laughed he joined her with a small chuckle. "Well I thought he was gonna hurt you..."

• Love
Peyton grinned at him and shook her head.. “He’s not like Sol, Lucius, if he disappears people will be looking for answers, he works with a lot of powerful people. We’re only one crew..”

“Well, thank you for protecting me..” she smirked at him, her eyes sparking lustfully. “And you are the fucking king.” She smirked and tiptoed to steal his lips and press a soft groan against them with her own.

The door behind them rattled, the sound of fighting and smashing still raging on inside and Jacob’s voice boomed out above it all. “Where is she?!!!

Peyton broke the kiss with a huff.. “We should get out of here.” she frowned, sick of fleeing the tavern, but it was her fault for insisting on going there in the first place.

• Wonder
"We're The Crew, Peyton." Lucius in that moment exuded utter and complete confidence.

So much so that he almost convinced himself to draw his sword and go back into the Inn.

Jacob would be a problem? Well, he couldn't be much of a problem if Lucius slit his throat and cut him into little pieces. The only thing that stopped him was the frown on Peyton's face, the small tremble that ran through her as nerves touch a bit too close.

Fingers tightened, and he nodded his head. "Alright."

He said softly.

"I need to commission some sails, and a flag." That had been the other task he'd set for himself. "Then we can head back."

Lucius flashed her a smile, entirely unaware that on the other side of the town the Shadow Broker Kellen was getting ready to take his revenge.

• Scared
She felt that swell of pride again as he spoke with such conviction and she nodded.. “Yes.. we are.” She agreed with a warm smile. “But that also makes a lot of people a little jealous..” she laughed under her breath, and took his hand to rush off before the tavern door came crashing down.

• Popcorn
They made their way quickly through the streets of Teth.

Most people still had no idea who they were, or rather, had no idea what they looked like. Things were mostly quiet, with Lucius and Peyton visiting a few of the canvas makers in town before they finally found one that they liked.

"Black sails." The man stared back at him for a moment.

"Not one for subtlety are ya, lad?"

Lucius grinned back at the man. "Never have been in my life."

The canvas maker let out a chuckle.

"Get it done in a week and I'll pay you double." The man's eyes practically popped out of his head and he quickly agreed, stating he would put it at the top of his list. With a smirk he motioned to Peyton. "That went pretty well."

He said as they stepped back into the market square.

Peyton grinned "Aye, it did, but if you don't stop flaunting that coin around you'll have none left.." she laughed. "We'll be needing another galleon full of gold to keep up with your spending habits.."

In the middle of the square by the fountain, Peyton noticed a gathering of around eight men who looked unhappy about something, and her stomach churned to see Jacob muscling his way through the crowd to join them.

"Kellen.." she dropped her gaze and turned to look up at him.. "We may need to run." she cleared her throat. She hated running but she had to do it often, even with Lucius with her, she couldn't allow him to even attempt to take on the brunt of eight men on his own, most of them were far bigger than she was. "We should go get the others, before this kicks off..." she frowned. They hadn't noticed them for now, but the longer they stuck around the more inevitable trouble seemed.

"We have a lot of weeds to rip out of this place.." she rubbed at her face.

• Popcorn
Lucius scowled for a moment, lips thinning as Peyton pulled him back slightly. His eyes wandered over towards the eight men, no, nine.

Jacob and Kellen together. Seven thugs, not to mention whoever else was going to eventually come here eventually. His lips thinned, and as Peyton suggested running something spark in his chest. Maybe it was overconfidence, pride, he couldn't have said.

"Fuck that." Lucius said sternly.

Could he kill all nine?

He was good, the best of the Concordant, but he wasn't sure even he could take nine of them even with Peyton at his side. Yet something whispered in his mind, something more than he couldn't quite put to himself.

It was a rage. An anger.

These men had hurt the woman he loved. These men had trapped his friend for five years. These men had exploited, beaten, and robbed. He couldn't let that stand. A fire burned in his soul, and slowly he stepped forward. "I'm not running anymore, Peyton."

Not from this scum.

"JACOB!" His voice boomed out. "KELLEN! YOU MOTHERLESS FUCKS!"

Lucius' call boomed out across the square, and every single person there seemed to freeze.

• Scared
Peyton shot him a quizzical look at his words and frowned "Luc. We can't fight them on our own.." her head shook. Lucius was good, she knew what he was capable of, but he wanted to take on a handful of the most dangerous men in Teth, some of them Captains with reputations themselves.

Her gaze widened and she reached to grip his arm as he yelled out and called the mob's attention. "Are you crazy?! What are you?--"

They were already drawing their blades and shoving through the crowd who had stopped to stare..

"You fuckin' welp! Come on then, let's see who's King! I'll be takin' that one with me when we're through!" Jacob roared and pointed his blade toward Peyton with a hungry look in his eyes. Peyton would be a liar if she said she wasn't afraid of the man, she'd be stupid not to be, and her heart was already thrumming in her chest as she drew both daggers from her hips..

"I'll teach you to thieve from me you little bastard!" Kellen chimed and drew two swords "Have 'em, boys!"

"Luc..." she left the rest unspoken as they rushed toward them.

• Sip
There was a shift in the way Lucius stood.

He had no idea what made him do it. No idea where the rage had come from. It did not feel like his own, and yet it was in his heart all the same. He should have controlled it, should have listened to his love, but the voice had pushed him.

And it continued to press.

Peyton's voice was drowned out, the sound of her sweet tones echoing just barely beyond the surface as something bubbled beneath. Consciously he saw the tugs racing towards them, he knew they were coming, yet there was no worry.

He felt something coming, something that would help. Briefly he looked back at Peyton, and she would see the same flash of blue light in his eyes that had erupted before.

Lucius turned back, his left hand rising up and suddenly closing into a fist.

"I"M GOING TO GUT YOU LIKE A FI-"​

Kellen found his words suddenly interrupted as the thin deck of the market square suddenly exploded in a shower of broken wood and shattered supports. A massive shark, four fins on either side of it's body broke through the deck, it's jaws snapping, seizing, and tearing three of the thugs in half before they had even had time to scream.

That was when chaos broke free.

Men, women, and children began to scream. Kellen screeched in fear, and Jacob stared utterly dumbfounded as the central market fell into complete disarray.

• Wow
She met the flash of blue in his eyes with a look of worry. Truth be told it frightened her, she didn't understand it and nor did he, and so it called to question how much control he had over it, or it over him. It was a whole other part of him that neither of them knew yet, and she'd been apprehensive to dig into it any deeper.

She nervously braced herself for a fight, taking a step forward to stand by his side as the men charged forward, but she flinched and took the steps backward again with a look of utter stupefaction as the shark tore through the deck. Suddenly, everything seemed to click together in her mind and she frowned in disbelief as she looked at him, and back to the chaos..

The remaining men seemed to be conflicted, but were thinking better of their attack as they fell back and looked between Lucius and the colossal creature. Jacob, however, was too angry and was weaving through the crowd toward her, and Kellen for Lucius, and the pair tried to call more men together for back up.

• Wonder
The shark seemed to flop and move about on the wooden deck, shifting it's weight and cracking more of the boards as it whipped itself around.

Another thug was thrown to the side as the beasts massive tail smacked him against the ground, the weight of it enough to shatter bones and crack skulls. The glow in Lucius' eye did not disappear, and as Kellen came charging at him he drew his sword.

A wild sort of grin passed over his lips, and with three quick steps he met the Shadow-Brokers blade.

The two of them quickly became locked in combat, the shadow-broker proving far more deft with his blade than one might have expected. Lucius however pressed, cut, fought. All the while that odd blue glow remaining in his eyes.

He was like a man possessed.

• Scared
She was so caught up with the chaos and watching as Luc took to combat with Kellen that she hadn't noticed Jacob coming right at her. The mountain of a man barrelled her into the wall so hard the wood cracked. She dropped one blade, and wrist that operated the other was gripped and slammed several times into the wall until she dropped that one too. He pressed his entire weight against her and gripped at her face with one hand, the other running the edge of his blade across her throat, enough to slice a thin line through the skin but not deep enough to cause any significant harm.

Peyton flinched and stared back at him, the look of defiance on her face vastly contradicted by the pounding heart that threatened to explode from her chest.

"You think you're somethin', don'tcha lass?" he laughed, his lips inches from hers and she frowned at the smoky breath and tried to push him back, but his grip only tightened on her face and he pressed in. She felt hot blood trickle from the wound on her throat, and fear consumed her, realising that he could have killed her right now if he'd only have been less of a handsy bastard intent on getting what he wanted.

"Yer comin' with me." he grunted at her and grabbed her by the hair and dragged her to her knees, intent on marching her from the square.

"Luc!!!!" she screamed.

• Cthulhoo rage
His head whirled as his name was shouted, the blue light over his eyes thinning as he saw Peyton being dragged away.

Panic struck through his heart.

Kellen took advantage, roaring and moving forward to slash his throat and cut him down. Lucius looked back at the man, fear flickering across his face...though not because of the blade coming towards him. The Shark had torn itself over the wood, it's massive jaws suddenly coming down in a hard chomp that sliced Kellen directly in half.

Hot blood sprayed over Lucius' face, and the shark's jagged teeth struck from it's mouth.

For a second he lingered, face to face with a monster of the depths.

Then he turned on his heel and broke off into a spring towards Peyton and Jacob. His boots clattered on the wood, people moving out of his way as he rushed through. He threw his sword into the air, drawing a knife from the small of his back and flicking it towards Jacob.

The blade tumbled end over end, until it eventually sunk into the mans shoulder with a thunk of flesh and bone.

A roar escaped the brute, and his fingers unlaced from around Peyton.

• Cry
Peyton fell forward onto her knees again as Jacob let her go and she seized the opportunity to slip her small dagger from her boot and stood quickly to turn on the man and jammed the knife diagonally upward under his chin, her chest heaving as she watched the shock on his face as he sputtered blood from his mouth. She twisted the blade with a venomous glare in her eyes, hot blood drenching her hand and arm and running to puddle at her feet.

Another fucking jacket ruined.

She pulled the blade from the brute's neck and watched as he buckled to the deck before lifting her eyes to Lucius, expressionless.. "I need my blades.." she muttered, her voice tremulous with shock as she painted bloody footprints on the deck toward where she'd dropped her father's daggers.

• Popcorn