Private Tales No Jackets

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Lucius smirked at her, and then they began their walk through the city streets.

The crowd murmured quietly about them, whispering and letting out cheers. Teth did not see spectacle like this often, almost never anymore in fact. Piracy was a hard trade, and it was getting harder and harder with each passing year.

That was part of why he'd been so on board with this plan. He knew it would embolden other Crews, make them to bigger and grander things.

When the boy pulled on his shirt Lucius half turned, smirking slightly as he found himself questioned. "Sure am. Captain Lucius Albridge."

From his pocket he fished out an Anirian Crown.

"Spread the word Kid." He flipped the coin over to the lad. "There's a new King in town."

The boy greedily caught the coin, staring at it and then slowly looking up at Lucius in utter wonder and befuddlement. That was likely more Gold than he would see in the next five years.

• Bless
Reactions: Peyton
Peyton's lips twisted with a smile at Lucius' words.. "Uh..And Queen, tss." she nudged playfully at his ribs..

"Aye Aye Cap'n!!" the boy saluted finally, grabbed his sister by the hand, and ran off through the crowd. "It's Captain Lucius Albridge! He's the king!!". Peyton saw more children scurry through the streets, they could be like little rats, spreading their gossip over the city. The news wouldn't take long to spread, and by the time they reached the square there were already more mutters of his name.

That's him!...That's the Captain!!

He's the richest Captain there ever was...Gave Uliver a hundred gold coins...

I heard he killed ten giants with his bare hands...

OK Bran get your sword! I'm gonna be Captain Lucius, an' you're gonna be ol' crusty Capn' Anderson! Give up yer loot or I'll gut ye swine!!!

Peyton snort-laughed.

• Wonder
Reactions: Lucius
Lucius smirked at Peyton for a brief moment, watching as the kids ran off and began to what kids always did best; talk.

"And Queen." He said as he looped his arm around the small of her back and suddenly pulled her close for a kiss. To his surprise, as soon as he did the crowd around them broke off in a loud cheer. Lucius pulled back, blinking.

A little bit of color entered his cheeks, but he shrugged and then leaned in an kissed Peyton even deeper.

If Teth was going to celebrate, then he would too.

As word and rumor spread the city would come to life with celebration. Taverns offered two for one ales, brothels a ten percent discount, and a small truce was called between the street gangs as the celebration spread throughout the city.

The Galleon was a success, more, it was a slap in the face against those who would tear down Teth's way of life.

That was worth Celebrating.

• Love
There was a quiet squeak of a sound as he pulled her in. The cheer was even more unexpected and her cheeks warmed. She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck to return the fervent kiss.

She had never seen Teth so...jovial. She'd never been greeted, or stared at by so many people and it made her cling to Lucius just a little tighter.. It was going to take some getting used to. "Well I'm not going to drag you jacket shopping with me.. I can meet you back at my place, or at the tavern? I'm sure the crew could use a few drinks if they haven't hit the brothels already..." she smirked up at him.

"I'm sure one of them already owns a tavern." He told her with a smile.

There was no doubt in his mind that someone would be dumb enough to try anyway. A frown touched his lips at the thought of Peyton going off alone. They had both sworn to avoid trouble, but trouble had a way of finding them. He didn't want to leave her alone.

He considered a moment, then answered. "Your place, but..."

She probably wouldn't like what he had to say next.

"Take one of the boys with you." Lucius let the concern show on his face. "For my sake. Maybe Vreek.*

Vreek was the incredibly earnest and friendly goblin. On the other ship he had been constantly ridiculed and used practically as a servant by Sol and the old Captain. Often times he had been made to feel more slave than crewmember. Peyton had been the only one to treat him with any sort of respect.

During the fight for the Galleon Creek had proven himself, and although he was a bit of an oddball, the Goblin was perhaps one of the nicest pirates in Teth.

Plus he loved shiny things. Perfect for shopping.

Peyton sighed quietly and reached a hand to his face with a small smile. She’d been alone in Teth for years, she was used to it, but in the interest of avoiding trouble and argument she nodded. “Alright..” she agreed quietly. She liked Vreek anyway..

“But an extra pair of hands just means I’ll buy more..” she mused. “Be careful.. Seems word has spread quickly that you’ve got plenty coin to give away.” She muttered. Teth was brimming with men who’d cut their own mother’s throats for a coin purse, and there were undoubtedly going to be jealous bastards who wanted what was his. If they were stupid enough to try, that was their problem.

She kissed him and had to force herself to step back and call for Vreek who happily obliged in accompanying her. “See you soon...”

• Sip
Reactions: Talus
Lucius watched her go with a smile. I'm truth he had expected her to call him a fool. He knew she'd lived in Teth on her own for years, knew she could protect herself of she really had to. Yet he couldn't help but worry, couldn't help but have that spark of concern even with Vreek went along with her.

He couldn't help but think he should have gone instead.

"FERR!" His voice bellowed out, stopping an orc who looked as though he were about to walk down and alleyway and head towards what appeared to be a rather seemly brothel. "You're with me."

"But Cap'n I-"

"You'll get another thre crowns of my share. Come on I'm gonna need some muscle." The orc glanced at the Brothel, then to Lucius.

"Don't need the coin if you really need Me Cap'n."

Lucius could have hugged the man. Therewere a dozen of the current crew that he would have killed go keep aboard, and he was fairly sure that he wouldn't have to. Ferr was one of them. A stout orc who had muscles as big as Lucius' head. The man could've crushed a sword between his hands. "I do."

Lucius said with a nod.

"Were getting an old friend." He said with a smile, placing a hand on his sword as he headed in the opposite direction Peyton had gone.

• Wonder
Poor Vreek could barely see over the pile he carried. Peyton eagerly knitted herself out with a whole new wardrobe. Shirts, pants, lingerie, corsets, boots, belts....and the jackets. She swooned over this and that and had everything fitted and wrapped up before picking a few new fresh shirts and breeches for Lucius.

“Sorry Vreek.. Should have brought another pair of hands..” she smirked down at the goblin as he dropped her packages on her floor and wiped the sweat from his wrinkled brow.

“No trouble, Miss Peyton. Anything for a friend. And.. and thank you for the new jacket! It’s quite lovely!” he nodded excitedly.

She crouched and pressed a kiss to his head with a warm smile. Peyton’s raven had made his way back home and puffed his feathers with a few clicks and caws to see her. She greeted him with a few strokes of his head and he hopped up onto her shoulder to press in against her face.

“Come.. lets find Luc.” She murmured to Vreek as she opened the door again, she’d thought he’d have been back by now, and she couldn’t help but worry.

• Wonder
There was reason for worry, but only a sma one.

"Give me the control rod, Kellen, or I cut your stomach and rip out your intestines." Lucius held his knife close to the shadow brokers throat, free hand holding him up as Ferr choked out the man's last still standing bodyguard.

"You fucking moron. You get one score and you think you ca-"

Lucius slammed the butt of his knife into Kellen's face. The man's voice was cut off, and then suddenly the blade flipped around in his palm and stabbed against the man's throat.

His fingers tightened. "Where is it?"

There's was a slight pause, and then Kellen cast a glance towards a chest in the corner of the room. It was the fancy sort, the kind that one spent hundreds of crowns on. Lucius recognised it, the damned thing was from the wreck of the Concordant. His lips thinned on disgust, and he put in the puzzle combination to open it up. The latch clicked, and inside he found was he was looking for.

A golem control rod.

"Youll payfor this Lucius! I'm in business with seven crews. They'll gut you-"

Another strike to the face silenced Kellen, but this one came from Ferr.

Lucius was already moving out of the room. His fingers tightening around the rod as he walked into the shadow-brokers main foyer. There, in the very center of it, stood a massive statue made of stone. Intricate red lines ran through the rock, and it's form was frozen in place as though it were reaching out towards something.

Slowly the Captain wandered in front of it, glancing down at the rod in his hand...and then snapping it over his knee.

Slowly, as if rising from a deep slumber...the statue began to move. "Hello again old friend."

Lucius said softly.

• Cheer
Talus dug his little talons into Peyton's shoulder as she walked, his feathers ruffling as he swayed from side to side. She'd only just stepped onto the deck of the Aurora when she spotted the three, and her face lit up with a wide smile to see the addition to their crew.

"Betty! Where did you find her?!" Peyton blurted as she rushed over. It had always been an odd thing to hug a rock, but the golem had a much softer heart than would've been expected from her exterior, and Peyton had grown up being mollycoddled by her. The raven fluttered from her shoulder, and settled on the golem's head to tap it's beak against the stone.

• Sip
Betty embraced Peyton with all the love of a mother seeing her daughter. The massive golem wrapped it's arms around the girl, careful not to squish her in it's powerful grasp.

The golems expression never changed, mostly because it could not, but the light in it's eyes seemed to flicker with excitement as it began to speak.

"Lucius found me! I had been in the store of Kellen Tellik, bastard rat of a man."

The golem seemed to scowl, at least with it's eyes, as she spoke of Kellen. Lucius couldn't blame her for that. She'd been trapped in the damned store for nearly five years, just after the Concordant had gone down. Kellen had kept her hidden of course, a prize just for him.

The only reason Lucius had known about her was because one of the jobs he'd done for Kellen during his...rougher years. "I may have...found some trouble getting her."

Lucius admitted sheepishly to Peyton.

He had tried offering Kellen coin, his own entire share of the loot from taking the Galleon. Bastard had said no.

• Wonder
"Kellen?.." she frowned and looked up at her and then between Lucius and Ferr with a soft frown. "Fuck, Lucius..You know how many crews Kellen works with? I've worked with him a couple of times, he's is a rat bastard." she huffed and glanced up at the golem. Even without facial expressions she could sense the disapproval over her choice of language and she smirked.

"Sorry..." she cleared her throat. "Whatever trouble comes from it, it's worth it. We'll deal with it." she smiled and nodded.

"Well, seems we've both had a productive day.." she smiled and glanced behind her to Vreek who was admiring his reflection in Peyton's cabin windows, his new jacket adorned with shiny silver buttons that made him beam with pride.

"Picked you up a few things..hope you don't mind...No jackets, though." she added quickly. "We should celebrate!" she clasped her hands together and stepped to Lucius' side and onto her tiptoes to press a kiss to his cheek..

It earned her another of those looks from the golem.

• Sip
Lucius smirked at Peyton, his arms squeezing Peyton for a second as he looked up at the golem.

Betty had always liked him. He was a trouble maker, but she'd managed to get him on the right path. That being said the Golem had always had her own idea of how things should be.

"I don't see a ring on that finger young lady."

Lucius nearly choked on his own spittle, lips thinning as he suddenly turned an absolute shade of crimson.

He tried desperately to look away, catching sight of Vreek and quickly complementing him. "Now that's a jacket, Vreek!"

It wasn't going to work.

"LUCIUS ALBRIDGE! DO NOT IGNORE ME YOUNG MAN!"

Oh dear lord.

Lucius began to look around to see if he could make a break for it, maybe just jump into the water, but as he took half a step the golem moved in front of him.

"What have you don't with my little girl? Are you two shacking up together? Where is her ring? You best have intentions to make an honest woman out of her."

Lucius began to pale, sputtering.

• Haha
Betty had a way of making her feel like a child again, and Peyton let her gaze fall downcast to avoid her look, and to hide her grin Lucius was yelled at.. She rubbed at her brow with a quiet groan at the onslaught of questions and she huffed quietly as she looked up.

"He loves me, that's enough for me.." she cleared her throat, her cheeks feeling a little hot and she adjusted her collar slightly as she noted Luc's silence. Talk about putting him on the spot...

"So.. Drinks? I.. Am.. Parched!" she smiled awkwardly and held up an arm with a soft click of her tongue, and Talus immediately glided down to perch on her sleeve.

• Scared
The golem stared silently and expectantly at Lucius. He stared back, but about as meek as a church mouse who worshipped the dark gods. "I do love her."

The words were strong, though quiet.

After a few seconds of silence the Golem seemed to stretch back, rising to her full height before waggling a finger towards the young Captain and Speaking in a strong stern tone.

"Very well, but remember this Lucius."

Betty leaned into him.

"She was my daughter long before you came along."

Lucius paled slightly, wondering why in the first place he'd retrieved Betty if he was just going to be threatened by her. Of course it was not a genuine thought, having her back was almost like having his own mom around.

When he opened his mouth to speak Betty immediately silenced him.

"I don't want to hear it. Love her. Be good to her, or I'll crush your skull."

Lucius sank slightly, defeated.

"Now. Show me my new sons and daughters, is he one?! What a lovely jacket my dear!"

Betty crashed her way into Peyton's room in order to go meet Vreek. Lucius took the opportunity to pull Peyton a little closer and grumble. "I'll take a drink."

The Captain said sulkily.

• Bless
Peyton gave him a soft smile as he confirmed his feelings for her and her gaze narrowed as she waited for the golem's reaction...It was as good as it was going to get, and she laughed under her breath at the threats. And they'd thought it'd be her father they'd have had to worry about...

Still, she couldn't deny that the feeling of protectiveness she had was heartwarming. She was starting to feel as she once had with their old crew as it slowly started knitting back together again. She cleared the ache from her throat before she started with the emotional nonsense again. Such a fucking girl...

She laughed as she was pulled closer and her hand gently massaged at the side of his neck.. "Don't mind her.. Unless you break my heart, that is.. Then you should probably run. Fast." she smirked. The raven eyed Lucius from Peyton's shoulder, shifting his weight from one foot to the other and snapping his beak..

"And he'll peck your eyes out too.." she added.. "Lets get that drink."

• Devil
Lucius glanced at the raven. "I don't plan on it."

He frowned briefly, deciding that he didn't like catching it from all sides at once.

"Yes." He agreed with Peyton. "And then three more."

Quickly Lucius glanced back at the cabin to make sure Betty wasn't looking, and then he reached down to spank Peyton's ass. "That's for not defending me more."

He told her with a smirk as he broke off in three quick steps so she would have to chase him down the gangplank.

Peyton laughed "Only three?.." she grinned, and inhaled a sharp gasp as he smacked her ass, shooting him an incredulous glare as he ran off.

"Hey I did defend you! I'll tell her you did that!" she yelled and jerked her shoulder to let the raven fly off before taking off after him, her heels clacking and shuffling on the wood. She ran at his back and leapt to wrap arms and legs around him.

"To the tavern, dog." she grinned..

• Popcorn
Lucius grinned wide, and then rushed off through the city.

The two of them moving together was quite a spectacle, and more than once Lucius heard whispers about Captain Albridge and his First mate. It seemed that news really was spreading like a wild fire over Teth. No one in this damned place could keep their mouth shut.

Eventually the two of them managed to find their way to a Tavern, the very same one that she had taken him to after dragging him out of the gutter. "Will this do, My love?"

He asked her.

"Or would you prefer the Painted Princess?" That was, as everyone knew, the nicest tavern in all of Teth.

Peyton chewed on her lip as she considered for a moment. She knew a lot of people that frequented this particular tavern, it'd been her go to, and the owner had always been kind to her. It was also the place that some people she'd rather avoid had come to but she resented that they'd force her to go elsewhere. Why should she?...

"Aye. This'll do just fine." she smiled up at him, and stepped across the gangplank and onto the deck to descend the steps. The usual smells of smoke and stale alcohol wafted up at her, but the moment her boot touched the floor the hum of voices died down and there was silence.

"Peyton!" Charlie bellowed from behind the bar and threw his arms up in the air. The moment he did, most of the tavern started cheering and slamming their mugs down on the table at the sight of her and "Captain' fuckin' Albridge!!"

They were met with handshakes and pats on the back, and Peyton leaned across the bar to embrace Charlie with a warm smile.. "Good teh 'ave yeh back here lassie! An' with the new king in town too eh?!" he chortled and winked at Lucius. "Quite the entrance yeh made I hear! What'll it be, on the house!"

Peyton grinned "I'll have a whisky, thank you Charlie." she nodded and turned to a few others who were vying for her attention. A couple of young lads she'd helped out of a scrape a couple of years back were hugging her and she cupped their cheeks affectionately.

"Woah we saw your ship Peyt! Is that him?" Chris asked and she nodded.

"Course it's him, shut up Max!" Ferg nudged him in the ribs and took off his hat to address Lucius.. "You got room fer us in the crew? We're hard workers, Peyt'll tell yah, won't ya Peyt?.."

Peyton grinned and narrowed her gaze "Wellll..I don't know.." she mused and laughed under her breath before looking to Luc.

"It's your call, Captain." she winked.

• Haha
The last time he'd come into this tavern he had remembered the looks. He'd been fresh out of the gutter then, pulled free only because Peyton had seen him for what he could be. Some small part of him clung to that memory, but at the end of the day...he knew it didn't matter.

These people saw Peyton, saw her success and cheered her on. That was what mattered more to him, that was what he cared about. "Of course."

Lucius answered with a grin.

"Any friend of Peyt's is welcome on my crew." Of course, no matter what he decided he had given her full veto power. He doubted that even if he didn't want these two aboard they would somehow make their way.

They seemed the sort. "Now..."

Time to continue the legend.

"Round of drinks on me!" The Pirate Captain shouted with glee.

• Cheer
The tavern erupted in cheers and more clattering of empty mugs on tables and boots on the floor, and Charlie sent the tavern wenches out to refill each man's drink courtesy of Lucius. Chris and Ferg balled their fists and punched each other on their shoulders in celebration of being accepted to the crew and Peyton eyeballed them.. "No nonsense, you hear?.." The brothers nodded quickly and Peyton gave them each a gentle slap and they grinned at her.

Peyton's eyes fell on a much quieter table in the corner of the room, and a pair of dark eyes that glared with bitterness and contempt from underneath the shadowy brim of his hat. Peyton lifted her whisky as though toasting it to him, and took a sip with a small smile, and turned her back to him to lean against the bar.

"So are they true, Capn'? The stories we been hearin'..?" Chris asked as he squeezed in beside Lucius.

"Aye!" Ferg shuffled in at the other side "Tell us how it went! We wanna hear it from you!"

• Bless
Lucius frowned for a moment.

He wasn't a story teller, never had been. His strength lay in fighting, killing. Peyton had told him he could do this, but as the two brothers crowded around him, he frowned for a moment and waved his hands a bit. "Well We have a bard on board for that."

Finch was the sort to sing about this.

"He can tell it better than I do." A smile touched his face, and he motioned towards Peyton. "Why don't you lads head down to the docks and ask for Finch."

He flashed a smile. "I'd like to spend some time relaxin, eh?"

It was a small pleading question, but also the truth. He had already broken one face today, and in truth all he wanted was to spend some time with Peyton.

• Popcorn
Peyton smiled at the boys and nodded "Go on, tell Finch we said you could come aboard, let him show you around.."

The two looked awestruck and enthusiastically downed their ale .. "Thanks Peyt! Cap'n! We won't let you down."

"And be careful!" Peyton snapped after them as they ran up the stairs and out of sight.. She smirked up at Lucius and swirled her whisky "They're good lads, they'll pull their weight, decent with a blade too. Just get themselves into a bit of trouble now and then." she shrugged. What teenage boy in Teth didn't?

The crowd were starting to leave them alone now, but still there were whispers and staring, and Peyton linked Lucius' arm to lead him over to the quieter booth they'd sat at the last time they'd been here. She felt Jacob's eyes follow her, and his two cronies turned to look over their shoulder to watch them too..

"Well.. How are you finding your new-found fame?.." Peyton mused as she sat down.

• Popcorn
"I..." Lucius let out a long breath. "I'm honestly not sure."

There was a part of him that enjoyed it, he couldn't deny that, but...there was also a part that still thought he wasn't worth all of this attention.

All he'd done so far was Peyton's plan. Sure he'd killed a Dreadlord, but the truth was that was something he'd done for her. His fingers tightened a moment, but he shook his head. "I want to live up to it."

Lucius told her.

"The moment we get out of Teth." There was passion in his tone. "I want to show everyone that it wasn't just one time. That I have more than just this."

He reached out over the table. "I want to show them how great we are."

• Bless