LFG Lets have a gladiatorial arena fight

TTamark

Steve Will's son
Character Biography
Link
L-l-lets get ready to rumble! All credit goes to Diego for bringing up the idea again. So I heard some people were interested on discord, so I thought, "let's do the next step, and garner interest here as well." So The general idea is to have pvp fights, and the winners will receive rewards. If we get a fair number there can special items for the top three or so. If only a few the will be just one special prize. But I would love if you are interested to make a post here letting me know that you are, as well as any ideas on types of rewards your characters might be interested in, what characters you might want to bring, and finally if you would prefer to do this all in a set of 1v1's or if you'd prefer for it to all be done in a big arena with the best man standing. I look forward to hearing from you, and see you in the arena.

I am so in! I'm down for either 1v1 or arena, not picky. For rewards, I'd be interested in money or weapons (swords, spears, especially if they're magical or magic-endowed) or magical items.

Is it restricted to one char per person/account or can we have multiple chars competing?

• Yay
Reactions: TTamark
I don't have anything against using multiple accounts as long as you use some common sense in how you use them. I would try to avoid having multiple rewards going to one person if possible.

The event will likely take place near the portal stone in the Allir Reach so people from almost anywhere could portal in.

K so these will probably be the magic item rewards than:

I am SO DOWN. My preference would be 1v1, but open to all out brawl as well.

Arumi would like to win an end to his emotional suffering, but wouldn't we all?

Magic items and armour would be cool! Another idea: specialized skill/ability.

K so I will likely set it up as a 1v1 round robin of sorts. I like the idea of offering training. Would have to set that up in a way for the person receiving it to have a choice of what kind however.

I will likely make the thread tomorrow.

Szesh smash

Out of curiosity, how would the winner be decided? My previous site did something like this, but rather than going by who won the fight, they decided a winner by judging the “role playing quality.” That is super ambiguous and up for interpretation (and we could definitely use some other metric), but it means that you still have a chance of winning even if you character loses a battle.

Otherwise the RPs might go on forever because no one wants to write themselves losing lol

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Smiling One
Entertainment matches. Without an arbiter to stand as judge in a neutral capacity, its basically meaningless anyway. Wouldn't recommend joining a tourney if you have a fragile ego and cannot admit defeat or going to make drama out of it.

• Yay
Reactions: Smiling One
Going to just steal an explanation from Diego again:

Combat works by convincing your opponent to take hits while also taking hits when they seem warranted. It usually depends on the skill of the PCs and writers involved
So if I am very good at writing how badass my Gnoll Warlord is and how his axe will absolutely smash your shield
You might be convinced that hey your shield really should get smashed
but if I’m saying stuff out of left field like casting a spell in one post that causes instant death
You’ll probably go
Lol no
it’s all about realism and reasonability within the confines of our fantasy world
at least that’s how I perceive it
-Diego(plus four friends) Thronebreaker

So work it out with your writing partner, and write it out keeping them in mind. Try not to power game, accept some give and take, and everything should be fine. :D

• Yay
Reactions: Kikwi
Thread is live those who talked here have been paired up. If anyone else still wants in just let me know and I will set it up!

Yes, I would like to join in on this one-on-one manslaughter to the death(?)

But not against the guy above me, because i am magically inept.

Yeah i am game perhaps with a third character, I had the lore for the minotaurs to worship the arena gods and fight in their clawpit arenas to train them up. They believe the arena gods empower their weapons. So that was already in my muse's direction so to speak.

Will there be a league table of sorts, recording previous champions, numbers of victories and such?

Tenrof Glad to see you so exited for this. I have to ask though if you would be ok for two of you characters to have the first fight among each other and then I would provide, or set you up with an opponent for the third characters fight.

Karrade I had not set one up yet, but I love the idea. I will likely make a wiki recording the activities of what has happened in the arena, including past champs. Then in world have a plate that records the names of the winners. Look forward to seeing this new character of yours!

• Yay
Reactions: Karrade
TTamark most certainly the former is fine, since i planned on having a relation with the swordsman and ice mage!

Tenrof sends his regards ((sending my own egards from myself? Lol))

I want that gold!