Open Chronicles I came to make friends, and stew, but I've already made the stew

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Demyra recoiled a bit from the death coming from the womans tome, looking at her and back at the others that were around her. She would make a sort of bramble wall around the two she had began to travel with, touching the brambles to turn them into what looked like steel. She was just taking the protections necessary incase this woman was dangerous.

"So who are you, and why are you just wandering around the wilds like this?" She crossed her hands and arms across her chest, holding up the wall with her power while also make sure that the metal did not decay from whatever this woman was carrying around in that tome of hers.

"The fact that you just shrugged off the venom of those kind of snakes means that whatever brought you here is packing some serious juju, and i dont know if i like that." She had a bit of a scowl, a bit of a pout. She was not used to any beings around her, and wasnt the best when it came to socializing. Her rings shone a bit higher in light content as she felt a bit on edge and she had to ball her fists to make sure that they didnt actually go off before she was ready for them to.

Edmund was at a loss for words as to the sudden gathering of powerful people around them. He rubbed the bridge of his nose a moment as he tried to think on all the possible chances of such an encounter happening before he had even scouted the area around the dwarf stronghold. Of all the possible times to encounter these two, Bah! He nearly spoke aloud, his attention drawn back as Demyra put up a wall.

"Demyra! Let's refrain from fighting please." He called to the earth shaping woman. Gods above he didn't want to attract the attention of anyone else that happened to be combing the woods.

"Why not just... Not get bitten by all those snakes??? Sorry, sorry, Hello traveler I am Steve Son of Will, Spudmancer Supreme," he snapped and made a wide gesture with his arm, and offered a potato flower that hadn't been in his hand a moment before, "please have some of my stew it is to die for, though after seeing you walking through all these snakes I have to question what really is worth dying for anymore."

Steve sat down contemplating life

Luna dropped the rest of the snakes carcasses to the ground as they seemingly melted into black dust that swirled into her book. "My master hungered, i felt these snakes souls would be a touch better than feeding him yours." she said jokingly but in her monotone voice it was hard to tell if she was anything but bored. She would have smiled at the odd man if she was capable. Steve. what an odd name for a necromancer.
"Her..." the whispers of her master said as Luna looked to the fiery haired woman dressed in regal black clothing, scars telling of other conflicts, was recoiling at her energy before a wall of brambles suddenly formed around the two necromancers leaving only the elf mage and Luna startling her into a defensive stance her right hand on her black steel sword handle and her left opening her tome causing its aura to become less of a shadow around her and more of a solid darkness as the magic ate at the brambles causing them to dry up and crack draining the energy and making the darkness thicker and stronger feeding on the life energy she was putting into the spell which wouldnt be a comfortable experience.

"So who are you, and why are you just wandering around the wilds like this?"

The elf spoke as she seemed to turn the brambles to steel with a touch causing her aura to recoil and desist for a moment before continuing to eat even if it was at a much slower pace. the steel brambles remained undecayed and intact as it was now focused more on the life energy feeding into the spell than the actual substance the spell was creating.

"The fact that you just shrugged off the venom of those kind of snakes means that whatever brought you here is packing some serious juju, and i dont know if i like that."

"My name is Luna and Im on a mission for my master." she said in elvish not using Bastellens name as she rarely spoke it in front of other elves. Most humans, orcs and even dwarves had forgotten him long ago but elves especially studied mages would know of her god and what he represented and championed, and it didnt leave a good taste in many mouths, and getting attacked by bushes and speared on some magic sword was not something Luna pictured would be very fun. "The rest is none of your business and as for what you like or do not like is none of my concern." she said in her usual bored monotone, "....Enough talk you stupid child i want her energy...we want more..." The whispers spoke harshly "..we want her.." the darkness stretched and began to slowly snake its way across the ground eating away at the grass and plants it touched, as her aura expanded as wave of deep dread and cold seemed to envelope both Luna and the mage to the point where they could see each others breath.

"Demyra! Let's refrain from fighting please."

The other necromancer had spoken up clearing Luna's trance like tunnel vision. "Stop." She spoke softly to the void. She realized the elf was most likely protecting her friends from her and not attacking. The darkness paused before slowly returning to her tome like it was being forcibly pulled and not willingly returning. She shut the book and she clutched it tight as her aura sucked back and faded to a slightly darker shadow around her. "....You can not defy me you foolish girl...." The whispers spat angrily. Luna sighed. she knew he needed her to do his will. She had final say....most of the time...his power did come with certain strings. She stayed in a defensive stance waiting for the elf to make the next move however, as the elf didnt seem like one to let someone off the hook, and from what Luna saw from her magic getting strung upside down and wrapped in vines made of steel was becoming a possibility. She held the book tightly at that thought. As in the event of getting strung up being separated from it was not an option.

"Fine." The words left her mouth, and she held out her hand to the brambles. In a language that none of them could understand, she would let the petrified wood and metal that had grown around the brambles to dissipate and then made the brambles themselves would go back into the ground. She turned to the other two that she had been traveling with, and would leap backwards in a perfect backflip to where they were.

"I really only put them down because my partners wanted me to, though thats not the only thing that i can use if i need to." She could feel something in that book, something that she hadnt felt similar to in a long time. She had known some beings before with similar things, though not nearly as dark as this one was. She didnt like the vibe she got from it, and even the earth around her was ready to defend against this woman. The fact that it was being eaten by this power had the earth ready to attack, the aura she had holding the death back from spreading further, even though this required alot of her focus at that time.

• Yay
Reactions: Luna Slateforge
"Hmmm. I believe I heard something coming from..." Riven looks around with one finger on her thin lips. Her curious emerald eyes bounced back and forth between tree from tree, observing each one's bark. Riven had come to the woods to collect samples for experimentation, she heard of some interesting species within the Spire. At the time being, she could not locate any of the species she heard of.

Something nudged the leg of Riven with a gurgling wimpier. Riven looks down at the cause, it was her chimera she had brought for the trip. The creature itself was a mixture of a wolf and a rose, she named him "Bud." Bud was a beautiful specimen with thorns covering it's legs and spine, green leaf like fur, and a singular rose of the top of his head. But most importantly, this chimera was not undead like the other chimera she made. The sad creature whimpers again, nudging Riven's leg. Riven kneels down to the Bud and pets the side of the being's head.

"I know you are hungry boy, I'll try to find us somethi-" Riven stops and rises immediately and sniffs the air. She smelled something close by, food perhaps? Her sense of smell is not as good as it used to be.

"Hey boy, can you track that scent?" Riven asks as Bud perks his green ears. Bud then gave a good whiff of the air, and pointed in a direction with his nose. Riven goes in the direction instructed by the canine and beckons Bud to continue. The wolf obeys and continues sniffing onward into the woods, the scent becoming stronger and stronger until Riven sees a glowing light of a campfire.

"I hope they won't attack me at first sight. That always ends up bad." Riven whispers under her voice as she approaches the campfire. "Hello, may I come rest with you? Anyone?" shouts Riven, hoping that someone was there, and if there was, they were not aggressive.

• Yay
"Fine."
The Elf then spoke in a language Luna didn't understand, but her whispers did and what they spoke back was just as confusing but sounded much angrier. as she finished her spell the brambles began to sink as she back flipped to the two necromancers and looked at Luna defensively.

"I really only put them down because my partners wanted me to, though thats not the only thing that i can use if i need to."

Luna shrugged letting the womans threat hang for a moment as a whisper snaked past her ear. "...you'll regret not attacking...she knows something..." She flinched slightly before falling out of her defensive stance with a shrug, and let go of her sword handle as the steel like brambles finished fully sinking as they seemed to be swallowed by the earth.
She had no doubt that could be her in a moment ,but her generally apathy that had befallen her since becoming a priestess didnt allow her nervousness to show.
"I see, well i appreciate not being speared at any rate." she said casually "But you can relax at least a little ok? Im not the enemy, just made a bad deal." she said actually trying for a smile, with the result resembling the whisper of a smirk. "Im just looking for some people to camp with for the night. These forests arent safe for loan travelers at night. I can be out your hair by morning, not another word.." Luna said simply, not wanting to move forward and be the next thing swallowed up Luna stayed where she was until she was sure the fellow elf wasnt going to attack.

"...friend.." was all the whispers said excitedly as luna dived quite suddenly and rolled silent as a ghost next to Demyra, notching an arrow but instead of firing it at her she stopped next to her side crouching and aiming into the woods. "something else is coming" she said with a bored yawn even though her stance was tense and ready. Anything that excited her master was anything good. So much soul magic it almost felt like luna was pulled towards her by the heart. quite literally as it felt like a cold hand was yanking on her heart pulling her forward as she heard a voice.

"Hello, may I come rest with you? Anyone?"

Ok, so not hostile off the cuff. Luna shook herself slightly and decided she'd fall back slightly and let the group at large handle this new comer. if they attacked so would Luna, if they let her stay it didnt matter. shed be gone by morning.
Hopefully she could find the grave and be out of this forest before next nightfall...easy..
She bit her lip... Ok not easy but..possible.. with a sigh she pushed those thoughts aside as she undrew her bow and fell back slightly behind the group, but left the arrow notched just in case.

Last edited:
Steve spent a moment processing his feelings of confusion, panic, embarrassment, frustration, and more confusion. Steve realized he was mostly confused. Alright time to get things straight! The best way to do that was to just keep talking till things resolved themselves.

"Ok, First off, Demyra... we attempt to create a kind and welcoming environment for everyone along this journey. It is one of friendship, not Enemycreationism. Do you remember how I reacted when we met? We had an awkward I am not going to kill you, I made it clear that that was not a normal greeting, we laughed, and you showed us your love of escalating straight to blowing up all of your problems. So someone who saved us, even if they have some kinky fetish for being bitten, doesn't seem even as bad as you at first. Unless the whole death cult thing she has going on is the problem, in which case I should make clear our 'Enter the mum' thing is pretty much a death cult as well from what I understood.

Now, moving on to you, Edmund I know you hate people, but try not to look so visibly upset whenever people show up. We are marching through the forest with a huge pot of stew, bells ringing their heart out, and undead animals running all over, we are a great big 'come here' sign at the moment. We are going to be attracting people, animals, and monsters, all we can do is make as many friends as we can along the way.

And now finally you, robed cult lady, I know people tend not to be fans of the whole, 'I walk around stealing life thing', but when people put up defences, the correct response is not to try to attack the person trying to protect themselves. You are spooky, you can not hold that against others. My father once told me,
'people put up walls not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to reach them anyway.' Mind you that is why all our animals died and I had to raise them, but I think he was onto something.

Now, have a seat, take a flower and some stew, and please introduce yourself properly. Share with us something that you like. I know people don't wander around woods this close to a siege for no reason, hopefully you feel like sharing, and we can talk about it till we reach a point where we can all stick together."

Steve took a deep sigh when Luna did her ninja role. Steve loved people, but he was this close to having everyone just calm down, and just talking things through. Why did everyone always leap to, 'let us prepare to kill this strange person' as their first response?

"Luna! Just stop with the badass combat manoeuvres, go sit on a log, and begin doing what I asked." Steve dramatically spun around, and thrust his arms to his sides where two chickens armed him with his weapons of friendship, the famous stew, flower combo. With his friendly, welcoming smile no one stood any chance.

"Hello! It would be our pleasure to have you join us! You just have to try this stew, just ask the bunny in the bush left of you, it is to die for. HAHAHAHA. Though unless you have mislead my dear Leroy, you might have some experience with such matters?"

============================================================================
OOC: Sorry for the long post of speech just haven't spoken in a while. :p

• Yay
“Am I... interrupting something?” Riven slowly asks as she emerges from the woods and cautiously looks around at the tense atmosphere. Riven giggles as she collects on what was going on around the campfire.
“You all do have a tendency of attracting everything within a few miles don’t you all? You may even attract the undead roaming in the region.” Riven bursts out into laughter as she finishes her sentence. She continues for a few seconds then calms down, clears her throat, and whistles.
“I hope you don’t mind my child around do you?” she queries as the rose-wolf hybrid emerges from the forest and nuzzles Riven’s leg again and whimpers.
“Yes I know you are hungry boy.” Riven coos as she kneels down and scritches the chimera’s head, hoping that the people around the fire were kind enough to offer food.

Quoril casually strolled through the forest. He had adventured to the spine in search of cat wort which could supposedly be used to create a potion that gives the drinker cat-like reflexes. The elf stopped and took in a deep breath through his nose hoping to catch a whiff of cat wort’s distinctive burnt cinnamon scent. A sharp smell stung his nose. That was it. After collecting a fair amount, the alchemist sat down and made a test potion. As soon as the potion was done, he drank every drop, packed up all of his stuff and continued through the forest.

Sometime later as Quoril was trekking through the woods, his enhanced hearing suddenly pick up the sound of conversation. Although he couldn’t clearly make out what was being said, he could tell that there were at least 3 people. Going closer he saw a break in the trees. He took off his backpack and recently acquired sword, and climbed one of the trees closest to the edge of the clearing.

The elf could hear multiple voices, but he could only see one person. She was a pale, tall human female with white hair clad in a white robe. By her side sat what could only be described as a cross between a wolf and a flower. As Quoril crept out further along the tree branches to get a closer look, he suddenly felt his foot slip off the branch. Crashing to the ground, he made a mental note to himself - “The elixir definitely was missing a crucial component. I’ll need to look into this later.” After getting his breath back, he retrieved his backpack and sword, he walked into the clearing. “M-Mind if I join you guys?” Quoril said sheepishly, rubbing the lump on the back of his head.

She slightly tilted her head curiously as the funny necromancer named Steve seemed to go off like a magic blast on each of them individually. If Bastellen allowed her to show emotion she would have snorted with a large eyeroll and had a good laugh along with him. No one had ever called her "spooky" before and since she didnt see herself that way it hadnt occurred to her that she probably was pretty creepy. However since he did not allow such things like displays of emotion she had to make due with a slight eyebrow arch and a head tilt. The very trace essence of a smirk on her lips. She agreed relaxing was the best course.

"..we need to speak child.." the whisper spoke tickling her ear as it drifted past her ear like a wisp of smoke.

It was quite an over flow of people, and that was not Luna's style in the least. She preferred her groups as small as possible but this was quickly turning into a party. Never the less she complied and did as Steve had suggested and moved around the wagon silent as a ghost and after waving off a bunny offering her stew she sunk into a meditative pose behind the wagon using the back wheel as a sort of back rest. She spoke in the old tongue in a low mutter after glancing around and hoping the other elf wouldn't hear as she would possibly understand exactly who Luna was praying to, or at least get a general idea. Neither was a thing Luna wanted, but with so many people arriving, moving around and talking she doubted she'd be noticed.

The voices whispered to her as she pilled out her knife and cut a circle into her right palm and a symbol she didnt understand into her left wincing as the blood flowed and she pressed them together in a gesture of prayer. The blood flowing down her hands was the last thing she felt as she slipped away into the darkness waiting for her. When she opened her eyes she was in a large open room made of black rock ,and felt his hands on her shoulders, cold as ice, as he turned her around to face him. He was much taller than her ,and his face seemed to change constantly as soon as she could grasp what he looked like it would change again, but his eyes stayed them same. A deep swirling blood red with the entire rest of the eye a pitch black. she looked down unable to meet his eyes.
"Child. look at me." he said using one finger to force her chin up to look at him. His voice seemed to be made of many as the whispers swirled past her ears much clearer than usual. "so cold...." "help me!" "i want my mom..." "Im bleeding..." some said as they swirled around her like ghosts.

"This new elf will be a problem for you which is why i wanted to attack her immediately and you defied me and denied me my meal with your power as my vessel. However, if she gets in your way again I expect swift action to deal with her. Her life energy was the sweetest I've ever tasted, and her soul reeks of light and power. However, The grave takes priority. i need the information his soul has, and these pathetic things seem willing enough to help protect you at the very least. Thus you may stay peaceful with these disgusting creatures." He huffed angrily. "She was only protecting her friends master had i acted rashly and.." Luna began but.." he silenced her with a wave. "Your excuses mean nothing to me child." he said with a smirk.

"and another thing.." as he spoke his hand holding up her face wrapped around her throat like a cold vice causing her to cough in surprise as he lifted her from the ground until his face was an inch from hers eye to eye. "You are my vessel, and i am bound to you as you are to me, and while you may think defying me is reasonable,and just... I would advise doing it as little as possible. After all....Im the only one who knows where your parents souls are child." he said with a venomous grin. "And lets not forget this little thing." he said as his other hand not occupied by her throat seemed to phase through her skin as he wrapped hi fist around her heart. she felt the cold tighten around it as he gave it a small squeeze sending icy bolts of pain throughout her body. finally he let go of her throat. holing her by the heart for a moment longer watching her gasp before finally dropping her in a heap. "Always a pleasure. drop by again whenever my vessel." he said as he faded back into blackness and Luna was left floating in the abyss. as her body sat meditating numb to the world.

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril
Steve took a note from Edmund as he began to rub his nose. Man a whole lot of stuff was all going down at once. Steve still had to deal with the yaks, he had to capture a snake now before they all retreated, and now there were a constant stream of people coming out of the woods. Time to get things resolved before they turned into serious problems. Steve quickly directed a task force of his undead chickens, each with a set of special skills, to try to snatch him a snake. Next the people, and yaks. Steve combined three potatoes, and began giving a speech into the potato, his words were amplified, as well as translated into one's most familiar language: be it common, elvish, or yak

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a job I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you want to leave now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look after you, I will feed you, and I will befriend you!

Now by the vacant look on your faces I can tell you might not quite understand all of this, so let me explain: Hi, I am Steve, Son of Will, I am the spudmancer supreme, I am also a necromancer, as I am sure many have realized by all the undead animals running around as we speak, and how I have a stick with a skull on it, or that I am holding and petting an undead chicken with a collar on that says Leroy as we speak. We are currently 'recruiting' animals, people, and beasts in this area that like the idea of living forever, or living with like minded individuals such as myself, or Edmund here in our nation of Eternium. We will welcome any help you might be willing to offer. If such a commitment, at this time, is too much to ask we would still love for you to join us for a meal, and give us a chance to build some rapport with you.

Now, as no one has stabbed me quite yet, why don't we all build a nice, warm fire, and we can all sit around and talk about ourselves some more, over a nice warm bowl of my famous potato stew, while we settle in for the night. It comes in goat and vegetarian this evening. Take it from my animals, it is to die for! HAHA. Any questions?"

A yak, in response, let out a deep grunt.

"Yes, you may partake in the food, healing, or eternal unlife, without joining the undead nation. Any other questions?"

Edmund had very much had enough of all this nonsense of people suddenly emerging from the woods. It was bad enough that he had to be careful about spying on the siege that was currently happening at Belgrath. Now he had to worry about the sudden influx of moving and thinking beings around him while he gazed through the owls eyes. He ignored the elf speak, and decided to take a moment to remove himself from this situation before he did anything, regrettable.

"Steve, I will be taking a look at the siege. Get my attention if anything happens." Edmund grumbled. He focused on the item and slipped into the owls view once more.

• Yay
Reactions: TTamark and Quoril
"This... Eternium, Mr. Son of Will," Riven slowly asks with a raising eyebrow at the self proclaimed "spudmancer" raising a hand to her sharp chin, rubbing it in a thinking notion.

"You plan to create a nation of necromancers, undead, and the such, and hope they all will agree with each other? Telling by how things are running now around the campfire, the likelihood of that happening is... slim."
Riven points at Steve, and giggles softly at the thought of an undead nation. Even if they do such an impossible feat, all of Arethil will be at their doorstep. Every nation, tribe, and perhaps even gods would be hunting them down.

"But the idea of forging an undead nation would even give the templars a run for their money. I will give you that."
Riven cackles at her own joke, slapping her knee. This gives her somewhat high and mighty attitude in your eyes. She coughs for some time and clears her throat. She looks back at Steve with a beam of her smile and a glint in her emerald eyes, awaiting a response.

She felt the rumbling of the other life forces that were coming through the trees and from around them and she sighed, holding up her right hand. With the fingers she would cause the earth to open a bit and form a long tree root that then multiplied into many and formed a chair made out of living matter. She didnt take her awareness of that book the other elf had with her, as she hadnt seen such anger in an object as that thing carried. She left it alone, though the rings on her fingers just kept glinting from the energy in them. Even her enchanted gear was reacting badly. "Ill trust you for now. I dont think we need any issues on this journey."

She let her gaze move to the others that had come around, the place she was sitting allowing her to feel the earth around her and track them as they moved, though it was haphazard at best because she wasnt able to give all of her focus to it. She quickly gave up on it, taking out one of the sealed Flare Blossoms from her back. She took it out of its casing, holding it in her hand while coiling the spores around her hand in a sphere. With a snap of her fingers she would light the bloom on fire from the force of her snap, making a large aura of flame around her hand that somehow did not hurt her at all. "Look, Steve. Explosive reactions to situations has kept me out of issues for as long as i can say, its a force of habit."

She continued to play with her fireball, moving the root chair towards the new woman and her wolf pet, the roots moving as if they were living tendrils and not anchored to the ground like most roots would be. "I dont know if caught your name or not, there is a lot going on around here and i didnt want to be rude. Dont worry, i wont attack you with this." She said, refering to the literal inferno that continued to rage in a sphere around her hand. She also took notice of the male that had joined them, and smiled softly at them. Neither were a threat to her, and as such garnered no combative response from her. "Im Demyra, Demyra Runeheart."

Quoril stood in amazement of the magical display taking place before of him. First, there was Steve who had declared himself as a necromancer and “Spudmancer Supreme”. The alchemist knew all about necromancy and how it worked but had never seen or heard of anybody using potato based magic. Of all the magical tomes he had studied throughout his life none had ever mentioned magic of this variety existing. He would have to talk to the strange man later to learn more about it.

Then there was the female clad in dark leather, who seemed to be a practitioner of agrokinetic magic. Quoril had read of this type of magic existing but this was his first chance to see it in action. While he was watching her manipulate a tree root, she pulled something out behind her back. With a snap of her fingers, the object burst into flames. After playing with the fireball for a while, the strange woman noticed him and gave him a soft smile.

As always, Quoril felt like he was outclassed in the magic department. Instead of feeling like a lesser being, he was actually quite excited. This was a chance to learn more about these people and the magic they wielded.

The alchemist decided to give them a taste of his skills. After all, they were showing off so why shouldn’t he? Quoril retrieved a jar of iridescent slime from his backpack, opened it and ripped off a small chunk. He then corked the jar and put it back in his backpack. The elf collected moisture out of the air creating a swirling sphere of water in his hand that dissolved the slime. Focusing, he cooled the ball causing it to freeze and launched it into the sky above the campfire with a puff of wind. The sphere then exploded into glowing snowflakes which gently fell onto the fire causing it to erupt in multicolored sparks.

Quoril was quite pleased with the display he had put on even though it had taken a lot of his energy to do it. Worn out, he sat down on a nearby stump and was immediately approached by a rabbit holding a bowl. Thanking the rabbit, he wolfed down the soup.

Last edited:
'Woosh!' went the wind as the trees bent and wavered and a gust folded the grass.

A massive red form flew over the canopy casting the camp in tenebrous shadow. Like a brief crepuscular eclipse a silhouette whisked across earth under their feet and... was gone. Just as suddenly as it had come, whatever it was was gone and the sun was shining with only a few clouds in the sky. Only the slight sent of sulfur or perhaps it was cinnamon lingered on the air with tendrils of heated wind. The smell was not quite rotten eggs but had that distinct brimstone aftertaste that clung to the tip of the tongue. This was mixed with tart or perhaps the bite of a hot peppery spice.

'Woosh!' went a distant sound that could only be a massive wing beat but this was from much further away.

• Yay
Luna was snapped from her meditation as something large whooshed passed over head. She inhaled sharply as she fell forward on all fours and with a hacking cough she threw up a cloud of thick, black smog that swirled around her before her tome sucked it into its pages. Luna wiped her mouth as she slowly tried to stand. She made it about halfway before falling back down. seeing her master in person usually took a lot out of her but she couldnt let the Demyar see her like this. All weak and shaken after completing a ritual that would reek of dark magic. She'd ask questions.

Questions Luna didnt want to answer, an image of being strung up by the ankle by a root and shook until she talked flashed through her mind as Luna snorted with a short laugh at the idea. As she tried and failed to pull herself back into a seating position, she over heard the chatter going on behind her as it seemed like quite the gathering was beginning to form, but Luna knew that Demyra would start looking for her soon if she was out of sight too long. Her master was a fool but that fiery haired elf being a problem was something that Luna feared would come to be very true.

The way she had said "trust." hadnt sounded very trusting at all, so Luna focused on trying to sit back up yet again and succeeded barely. As she calmed and started breathing normally again she noticed there was a brimstone smell that seemed hang in the air reminding her of the woosh that had shaken her. "Fire...Lizard.." the whispers spoke as she heard a distant wing beat in the distance. A dragon....a shiver rolled up her spine almost subconsciously...that wasnt good......

Steve looked at Riven, "I do not need them to agree with each other for it to be what I need it to be I only need them to want it to become something. They will all have their own reasons for forming the nation, all that needs to be done is prevent those reasons from then hurting the nation. If all goes well it will be a benefit to all to the extent that those utilizing it will be willing to fight to be able to keep it as a tool. Call me naive, but I think people will want power more than the fun of destruction."

Steve watched in aw at the wonderful display Quoril put on, "Wow, that was awesome. You know what, my introduction could use more flair. I mean, offering soup, and flowers is pretty top notch, but having some razzle dazzle might be just what I need to grab peoples attention. Is there any chance you could teach me to do something like that cause all I can do is this."

With that Steve slapped to potatoes together leaving what looked like one potato, then quickly threw it straight up, and plugged his ears. The potato suddenly exploded into a bunch of flaming potato chunks.

"I call it a 'hot potato' The difference Demyra is I understand that explosions are dangerous, and don't immediately go 'hmmm, I got a problem, time to throw explosions at it' I would also like to say that if your hand is on fire how are you supposed to stand up straight, maintain eye contact, and give people a good, firm handshake? HAHA, checkmate!"

To demonstrate a group of chickens formed a pyramid, and Steve marched over, and stood up straight, maintained eye contact, and shook the chickens wing. The chicken never said anything, but there was suddenly a strong feeling that Steve had just been hired, the only question was for what?

Steve then was distracted by the sound of leathery wings, "If I could get a gosh, darn, flipping dragon to join us I would be a top notch fellow. Man gives me something to aspire to someday... But I think it would be a good idea to settle down for the night. Now, nobody has to worry about any tomfoolery, because my good boys will make sure you are all safe. If you need me just do what my animals do and call out 'daddy' and I will wake no matter what!"

With that Steve hopped up onto his cart, pulled his cloak over top of himself, and laid down on top of his huge pile of potatoes falling asleep almost instantly, which was made apparent by the soft sound of snoring he gave off.

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril