Private Tales Homecoming

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Kassandra

Princess Anireth
Character Biography
Link
Lynus Anireth | Wilhelm Anireth

It had been ten years, no, longer than that; Twelve she thought.

Some days the time had crawled forward inch by inch, the abject misery of being away for so long sitting heavy in her heart. Others the sun had seemingly swept through the horizon, eager to turn one day into the next. It hadn't been a trick of AlthHaven, at least she didn't think so. No, it had been the simple tug of homesickness.

It was the guilt of having left Lynus, of having dragged Wilhelm half-way around the world.

Those thoughts had sat heavy within her mind over the past twelve years, and not a day passed where didn't admit it to herself.

Yet now was the day. After weeks of travel, years of being gone, they were finally going home. Finally going to see their family again. Mother and Father, Lynus. They would be there, the city of her birth would be there. It seemed almost like a dream, a haze that had been promised so long ago it had been all but written off. A part of her had thought she would remain exiled forever.

Yet here they were.

"How much further, Friedrich?" Her words were soft, calling just above the din of the steady beat of horse hooves.

"Just a little further, Princess. Over that ridge."

A frown touched her face. That ridge? No, that couldn't be. They were a day and half away yet from where Mother was supposed to greet them, she knew that. She had studied the maps herself. Yet Friedrich would not lie to her. Her brow furrowed, but before she could speak up they crested the small hill, and the meadow below revealed itself. Within it's midst sat a tent, dashed with the royal colors, a Guard of honor standing around it.

"We thought it best you meet alone first."

Kassandra smiled, glancing over towards Wilhelm. "I'll race you down."

She challenged.

"We're going home, lad."

Wilhelm groaned as Egror yanked the covers off him and the two women asleep. Neither one so much as yawned at the disturbance and given how much they had been drinking the night before, he didn't have to wonder why.

"We are home Egror, stop counting on my parents ever asking for your bony arse to come back," he muttered and reached to yank it back but the older guardsman stepped nimbly out of the way. It was only then that he really looked at the older man. His hair was combed for the first time in 12 years, shirt pressed, and he was wearing his uniform. He seemed to sense the dawning coming over the young prince for he reached down and threw a clean freshly pressed shirt at him.

"We leave in ten minutes."

That was how Wilhelm found himself upon a restless, bad-tempered dun stallion that seemed intent on making him want to throw up his food with the way it jogged along the road. It didn't help his rider's mood matches his own. That was it, ordered back with no letters in months? Years? Oh he knew Kizzie got them but they never thought to address them to him, just assumed his older sister would pass on their tacked on best wishes. Had they even considered he might not want to return home? He tried not to let his dark mood impact his time with his sister. Over the years she had visited but it had never been longer than a few hours when her studies allowed and at his core, he was still that nine year old boy who just craved attention from his older siblings.

"Hm?" he hadn't been paying particular attention to the conversation which ranged from the weather to their next week of Kizzie's royal engagements. But he knew the word race. Wil flashed his sister a lopsided grin. The horse beneath him had been ready to gallop since the moment he'd sat on his back. All he would have to do was drop the reins.

"You're on," he laughed and let the beast go.

• Smug
Reactions: Kassandra
It'd been three hours since they'd arrived here and Lynus had barely spoken a word. His parents had dined and tried to make small talk with him, but he wasn't interested in engaging in much conversation. If his mother asked him to eat something one more time, he was going to bury them both out here.

He was tired. He was always tired. The weariness was clear in his eyes and in the dark circles underneath them as well as in the general way in which he slouched in his chair and stared at nothing. Lynus glanced up at the tent opening at the distant sound of hooves which were soon thundering toward them.

"Arryn?" he called, his personal guard stationed out front. After a moment, he peeked inside and gave Lynus and the King and Queen a nod.

"I believe the Prince and Princess are here, Your Highnesses." he said so formally that Lynus almost snorted. Instead the Prince rose, and within a few strides he was outside, passed the guards and on the road, watching the pair race toward him, his parents emerging from the tent behind him.

His chest tightened at the sight of the two, clearly adult, royals that approached. The last time he'd seen them they'd been children of course.. Had he still expected them to be? He swallowed the ache in his throat that rose as he thought of just how much time had passed, how much they'd been robbed of and whether they would even get along now.. And also, whether they intended on stopping those horses.

Last edited:
There was not a doubt in her mind that between them Wilhelm was the better rider.

He had not a scrap of grace, but his talent was at the very least undeniable. Luckily for her however, she would not let a little race like this fall on a silly thing like talent. No no. An older sister could never let her younger sibling win a competition like this.

Even with nothing on the line.

As their horses went galloping down the hillside Kassandra's fingers flickered. From the hem of her dress she pulled a small sliver of glass. It shone with a pale yellow light, it's edge gently pressed against the flesh of her mount.

The beast took in a breath, and then suddenly a surge of energy burst through it's veins as the vitglass took effect. With great bellowing strides the horse rushed ahead, stampeding down the hill and surpassing Wilhelm's mount as they rushed towards the tent.

It was only mere inches from the faces of her family that she pulled on the reigns.

Her horse reared up, half sliding to a stop a mere meter before Lynus and her parents. She heard the echoing laugh of her father, the shocked gasp of her mother.

"By Anirius!"​

The King proclaimed with a shake of his head, lips parting in laughter as he looked at his two wayward children. Those whom he had sent away, for better of the family, for worse of them. Joy spread over his face, an echo of the man he might have been were it not for the weight of his crown.

"Not lost a stride of mischief the two of you!"​

Kizzie didn't answer.

She fell from the saddle of her horse, tears prickling at her eyes, pulling from her features as she stepped forward towards her family.

"You cheated," Wilhelm fumed as he threw his leg over his horses head and dropped to the ground. He barely cast his mother or father a glance, his attention on the cheater in their midst. The stallion at his back looked as thunderous as Wil did at being cheated out of the winning spot. Egror and the rest of their honour guard came to a stop behind them not long after. The older guard who had basically raised Wilhelm was purple in the face as he hurriedly dismounted.

"Prince Wilhelm, that isn't anyway to address the Princess or your parents," he muttered darkly and with his eyes added shut up you little shit or I'll thrash you when we're somewhere private.

"She just always has to win," he muttered under his breath angrily and folded his arms over his chest.

• Stressed
Lynus tensed a moment before Kassandra's horse came to an abrupt halt, and eased the moment it did, a breath he hadn't realised that he'd been holding tumbling free in a puff of relief. His eyes followed his sister as she slipped from her saddle and approached. She had changed so little, and yet so much all at once.. His brother had not changed much at all, it seemed.

His throat ached and he swallowed as he looked between them, words failing him for a long moment when he could think of nothing to say. They were so young when they were sent away, and he wasn't entirely sure how to pick up from there, not now that they were all grown up and so much had happened. He grimaced slightly at the thought that they mightn't even remember him.. He supposed that was a wise place to start.

"Kizzie.. Wil.." he said quietly and cleared his throat, his expression one of hesitance.. "Do.. You remember me?"

A brief smile flickered over her shoulder, a glance at Wilhelm. Mischief drew over her eyes, but it slipped away as she heard Lynus speak.

The smile on her face slipped away for a only a brief moment. An ache drawing through her heartstrings as the croak of her elder brothers throat echoed between them. Fingers tightened, her eyes closed. Tears formed at the edge of her eyes. Then the smile returned.

She didn't answer.

Kassandra didn't speak a word.

Within seconds of her feet touching the ground she swept forward.

A heartbeat passed. A second carried on alone through the air. Then Kassandra closed the space between them. Her arms wrapped around her brother in a tight, warm embrace. Breath filling her lungs as she took in a half-sobbed breath.

She didn't say a word as she looked over his shoulder. As she peered at her parents, and shot a glance at her wayward sibling.

Kassandra drew them in, willing them, pulling them towards the embrace that she held Lynus within.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Lynus Anireth
The truth was, Wil didn't.

He avoided Kassandra's eyes when she glanced in his direction as if imploring him to join in on what for her must have been a heart warming moment. But for Wil, the three people stood before him might as well have been strangers. He remembered his mothers face the most, barely anything at all of his father, and Lynus was a blurred memory without a face just a general sense of someone tall and older. He knew who they were of course, but they might as well have been people he had read about rather than people he knew or considered family.

Instead of joining in as their parents moved in to envelope the two in a hug Wil hung firmly back by the horses and leant against their sides, arms folding over his chest, to wait for it to pass so they could get on with the rest of their journey.

The breath he'd been holding was punched from his lungs as his sister's arms wrapped around him, his lips curving into a slow smile as he returned the gesture and tilting his head to rest his cheek on her head. His eyes closed for a moment as he drew a steadying breath, but as they opened again they settled on Wil as his chest ached. He'd been so young, and the hurt he felt now couldn't be blamed on him.

He frowned, feeling his parents come to his sides, their mother embracing them both and their father setting a hand on each of their shoulders with a hearty laugh. The king said something about his family being together again at last, his voice far more jubilant than he'd heard it in years. It was difficult not to sneer bitterly at the man, but he managed with a clench of his jaw and stepped out of the gathering, allowing the King and Queen to greet their daughter as he cleared his throat and took a step closer to Wil.

His lips thinned as he clearly struggled for words. The lad didn't remember him, that much was obvious.. "Wil.." his chin dipped, and his hand was offered. He frowned.. "I'm your brother, Lynus." he introduced despite that being obvious.

"I'm sorry.." he added quietly. For being unable to stop their parents sending him away. For being unable to find them. For the likelihood that he'd just been dragged out of the life he'd known yet again at his parents' behest.

Kassandra held her parents.

Embraced them.

It was like a dream. A part of life that she could barely have imagined. That a part of her had entirely thought was impossible. A greater whole of her had thought that she and Wil would be exiled forever, that they would stay away from Vel Anir for the of their lives.

Yet here she sat. Wrapped in the embrace of her parents, the touch of her brother.

It was a hope that a year ago would have seemed little less than a far-fetched reality of the dreams of a young woman. Yet here she was, a whisper of acceptance from her mother, a small word of love from her father. It was all she could hope for.

Wish for.

Though the piece missing rested in her mind.

Even within the embrace of the Queen and King of Vel Anir she turned.

Her face mimicked trepidation, her lips thinning as slowly she shifted and regarded Wilhelm and her brother. Kassandra and her parents both turned towards the youngest of the house of Anireth. Their faces seemed pleading, quietly, but none pressing.

A hand extended.

Reaching towards he brother as Lynus plead.

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Wilhelm Anireth
A flicker of surprise and... respect crossed the young boys face when Lynus introduced himself. It was an olive branch in a roundabout way towards a man who had left here nothing more than a child. A child on his own. Perhaps they could get to know one another and start a relationship he had never had with him now he was grown. It wasn't an idea he was repelled against. At least, until his sister held out her hand.

Then his whole expression changed.

"No," he all but spat. "No, you don't get to suddenly want a happy little family," the anger was certainly directed more towards their parents than Lynus even though he spurned the handshake and clenched his hands at his sides instead.

"Wil--" Egror stepped forward, hand raised to take him by the scruff and shake him no doubt but Wil danced out of his way and put as much distance as he could between himself and his family.

"Kassandra this, Kassandra that. Is Kizzie doing well in her studies? Is Kizzie making friends?" His anger climbed as he grabbed a a hold of his horses reins and swung himself back into the saddle. "How about ME? You never, ever, asked about me," tears clogged his throat which only enraged him more.

"Well enjoy having your pride and joy home. I consider my duty done," and with that he jabbed his horse in its flank and took off.

Lynus' hand fell, open and empty as he watched his little brother backed away. He didn't blame him, but it didn't make it hurt any less to see how angry he was. It was an anger that they both shared, and he so badly wanted to tell him that, and that this hadn't been a 'happy little family' since the minute their parents had sent the two away. He didn't blame Kassandra for wanting their affection either.

"How about ME? You never, ever, asked about me."

I did.. Every day, for years. Lynus didn't voice his thoughts. The lad was owed his outburst, it was one that he'd had many years to let fester. Lynus had had many outbursts just like it, and so he knew there was little point in arguing or trying to stop him from leaving if that was what he had to do. His parents tried, they asked him to calm down, explained that it was for his own good, asked him to stay and talk about things.. But they'd never learned.

Ergor had been intent on going after him, but Lynus looked to the man and raised a hand to him. "Leave him. Stay, rest. You've had a long journey.. My guardsman will follow him and ensure he finds no trouble." he said morosely and turned back to share a brief nod with Arryn who wasted little time in mounting his horse and going on after the young Prince.

"Arryn will bring him back when he's ready.." he assured more to his sister than his fretting parents as he turned back to his remaining family.

Kassandra took half a step forward towards Wilhelm before he found himself stopped.

Lips thinned almost instantly.

Pain lanced through her heart as her younger brother expressed his grief, the anger. She had never seen it before, never heard the grievance uttered from his lips. Fingers curled into fists, and she bit her lower lip as she struggled in her retort.

She wanted to ask a thousand questions, express a million concerns. But she kept her mouth shut as Wilhelm turned and fled from their little family reunion. His stance more than clear as the horse kicked off in retreat towards the west. "I..."

Kassandra frowned.

"I didn't know." She said softly.

Her own little world had been insulated, cut off. Over the last few years she had rarely been allowed to leave AlthHaven. The letters from their parents had been few and far inbetween. A consequence of the little power they had held she had always assumed.

Had they never really written Will? Talked to him? Asked him anything?

All this way she had come, all this way she had thought everything was well...good. Had he simply not wanted to disappoint her? Had his anger...had it finally just overwhelmed the mask he'd chosen to wear?

Kassandra felt her stomach drop to the pit.

• Dwarf
Wil didn't stop riding until the tightly packed forest forced him to less he risked breaking his horses leg. He was furious at his parents and it was only them he wanted to feel pain. Not his horse. The beasts neck was slick with sweat when he patted it and his own face felt a little damp. Though, he realised with a start, that was due to tears not sweat.

"Sorry boy," he murmured to the horse and let him stretch out into a slow walk to cool down. "Maybe we can find you some water, there should be a stream somewhere in this place," according to the map Egror had made him study. That was if he was in the forest he thought he was. Apparently he had once played among these trees regularly but not a scrap of memory remained of them.

They both walked on in silence until the faint sounds of running water caught his ear and he gently steered his horse in that direction. Once it came into view he dismounted and let the horse drink whilst he crouched beside and splashed some of the cool water onto his warm face.

• Cry
"It's not your fault. He has every right to be angry." he told Kassandra in a low rumble. He could feel the disapproval of his father and the shame of his mother, but he avoided causing more trouble by digging deeper into that festering wound. He settled a hand on his sister's back and directed her toward the large tend that stood beside the royal carriage and several guards.

"You can tell me what I've missed whilst we wait for him. And I hope you're hungry.. Mother insisted we have enough food to feed a small army." he laughed under his breath. He didn't bother to wait for his parents to go first, he rather enjoyed that they both stood there utterly dumfounded with the audacity to feel confused and rejected by their youngest son. They had fully expected their estranged children to rush back into their open arms. Lynus had not, and a small part of him was rather glad his little brother had echoed his feelings on the matter.

"I'm afraid I don't know where either of you have been all these years." he admitted shamefully. He had tried to find out numerous times, he'd tried to go after them when he was far too young and inexperienced to have survived such a thing, but had he known as he'd grown older, his parents knew well that he'd have gone looking.

"I can't believe how much you've grown.." he laughed quietly as he looked over her with a shake of his head. "I wish I could explain how badly I missed you. Both of you." he sighed. "We have much to catch up on."

Tears formed in her eyes.

All of these years she had dreamed of a happy reunion. A moment where she would embrace her parents, her brothers, and everything would be...everything would be perfect. That moment seemed dashed now, cut within the span of a second.

A bitter part of her felt anger, but no hatred for Wil, or even her parents.

It was just another thing denied to her. Another thing that she couldn't have. Her lip quivered, and then she felt the gentle touch of Lynus at her back. She turned her head, tears softly streaming down her face as he spoke.

She frowned, and then slowly nodded her head. The King and Queen seemed to hesitate, frown, as if they were not quite sure what to do with themselves. Kizzie didn't speak, only let herself be guided away by Lynus into the tent.

"I..." Her voice was half broken. "AlthHaven."

She said softly. "I was in AlthHaven, Wil too..."

Not exactly, he had no magic like she did. He only carried the weight of having seen what she could do. The reason that they had been sent away. The fault that lay with her.

"Learning...learning to control what I can do." Kassandra said with a slight sniffle, drawing herself up and wiping away any further tears. "I...we, missed you too."

She said honestly. "Every day I thought about home, you. I wrote letters."

Her voice was earnest, quick, as though she were desperately trying to make up for some slight.

Arryn followed behind at a lazy pace, consciously giving Wil ample time to console himself. He was easy enough to track, and soon enough he spotted the young royal by the river. The dull thud of his stallion's hooves beating at the ground was enough to announce him, but he drew his gaze up into the canopy of trees as his mount trudged his way to the water's edge to drink.

The guard drew in a deep breath and huffed it back out before slipping from his saddle and onto his feet with a stretch.. "I don't get out here enough anymore.." he muttered, casting the lad a light smirk as he nodded in greeting. "Cheers for the detour."

"Arryn." he introduced informally, and dropped to a knee to scoop a handful of water to cool his face with..

The horse raised its head at the sound of hooves before returning to graze along the riverbank. Wil didn't bother to even glance in Arryn's direction. He'd had no doubt his parents or brother would send someone along to follow him. Now he was back in Vel Anir they would babysit him and pretend as though they hadn't sent him off with only a drunk for a mentor for the past 12 years. It was with effort he stopped himself from sneering at the other man. Whatever issues there were to work out between his family there was no reason to take it out on a man who was simply doing his job.

Egror had at least installed that in the lad.

"I have no intentions of going back," Wil said firmly as he pulled a flask from his horses saddle bags along with some dried meat. "So if you've been penning some grand speech on your way here I'm sorry to say it was wasted."

• Cry
"Never was much good with speeches. That's more your brother's area of expertise." he laughed under his breath, drying off his face with the formal cape he wore. "For what its worth though, I don't blame you." he stood, his voice strained with the long stretch he took.

He wandered to a nearby rock and took a seat, propping his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward with a sigh. "Shame though. Lynus has been waiting on this day for twelve years, would a handshake have killed you?" he asked him bluntly.

"I don't know you, Wil. But when I was a kid, your brother dragged me into trouble every-fucking-day to try and find you. Always a new plan. Hadn't a clue where you or your sister were, but fuck if he was going to give up trying.. He's never forgiven them for sending you away - so be angry all you want, but I know him well enough to know how much he's hurting right now, and he's dealt with enough."

"So no, I'm not here to give some grand speech, I'm here to insist you come back willingly and give him the chance he deserves, and to tell you that either way I'll fucking drag you back there whether you like it or not."

Lynus drew a chair for her, let her sit and filled a cup of sweet wine. Their parents quietly bickered amongst themselves for a moment before joining them at the table. He listened to her, watching her with a small smile, quite amazed at how little and how much she had changed all at once, but his smile fell as she spoke of letters and he stared through her for a long moment.

"Your brother needs to remember who he is. An Anireth!! A Prince of the greatest Kingdom in all Arethil!." The old man was on his high horse, and Lynus was so desperately trying to consider his sister's currently fragile emotions by not getting involved.

"Dear, please, Kassandr--" his mother chided gently, but the King continued on.

"Acting like a contemptuous child!"

The Prince's hand slammed down onto the table, their mother jolted, and the King lapsed into an affronted silence as he glared at his oldest son in silent demand. "You kept her letters from me?" he asked, his head bowed.

"And I thought.. This couldn't get any worse.." he growled, his head shaking in disbelief.

"Now wait just a damned minute boy!"

Lynus stood abruptly to face his father, the sole purpose to remind him that he was most certainly no longer a child and in fact stood a head taller than he did.

"Enough!! Lynus - sit. Randall, our daughter deserves a better home coming than this, now be done with this nonsense."

Lynus agreed, and it was for that reason alone that he returned to the seat at his sister's side. The King stood only for a moment longer before he waved a hand in dismissal and took himself outside. They would discuss the letters later. They would discuss how Wil had every right to want nothing to do with Vel'Anir and its Royal Family, later. For now he reached for his sister's hand to offer a gentle squeeze.

"Sorry. I didn't know, about the letters.. It doesn't matter right now, what matters is you're here and I want to know about AlthHaven, and your training."

Kassandra's head was a whirl or confusion. Her lips thin, her face a mask as she tried to work through her father's outbursts. Her mother's quiet condemnation.

She didn't understand.

Why would they keep her letters from Lynus? She had always assumed that her not receiving any had been because he'd been angry. That he simply had no interest in talking to her after what he had done. In her head it made sense, but…

The Princess flinched as Lynus slammed his hand down on the table.

Finally she glanced over towards him, her mother, her father.

He saw the way the King shirked away from Lynus. Saw the way that her brother held himself. She had always remembered him as tall, but in that moment for the first time she realized just how tall he now was. How he stood. Firm, stoic, but with a slouch to his shoulders that seemed to denote almost resignation.

Kassandra frowned, a thousand thoughts whirling in her head. A smile briefly flickered over her lips as Lynus took her hand again. "It…I was…"

She tried to sort through everything in her head, what she would tell him first. How she could explain it all.

"I'm what they call a Glass Dancer." Kassandra said. "A kind of sorcerer they say. They taught me to control it, how to do a great many things. Good things. It was hard at first, and I just felt like I was going to hurt everyone. All I could do was break and shatter."

As she spoke it occurred to Kassandra that she had explained all this in her letters, and it was probably exactly why her parents had hidden the letters. She had been spent to hide the truth, a misplaced letter would give it away in an instant. "Nobody knew who I was. Not a Princess, not Kassandra, just…"

She shrugged.

"Another student, another girl." Her expression faltered. "It was hard at times. I only got to see Wil every few months. I didn't…I didn't make many friends until a few years in. But there was a Professor, he was a very kind man."

Kizzie looked over at Lynus. "I think…I think it was better than the Academy would have been."

She said, almost diplomatically. Though there was a wryness to her voice. She had heard stories about the Dreadlord Academy, though twisted by rumors of a thousand miles and the minds of imaginative AlthHaven students.

• Popcorn
Wil merely stared at the other guard before slowing putting a piece of jerky in his mouth and sitting down by the shore quite some obvious emphasis that he did not intend to go willingly, nor quietly. In fact he had every intention of making it as hard for the other man as possible. He might even have to go and retrieve a sack big enough, to come back and put Wil into in order for him to go back to that tent. After sitting down he gave the obvious impression of ignoring the other man altogether though of course kept him in his peripheral visions at all times.

He wasn't stupid. At least, not that stupid.

Lynus listened as though he were learning all of this for the first time. He was learning all of this for the first time. He remembered the day the windows shattered, and he hadn't understood it then, but now things made much more sense.

As she mentioned Wil, his brow furrowed even deeper. "I.. Thought you were both together." he admitted quietly. Seeing one another every few months was more than what he'd been allowed but still, they'd been separated too and his chest ached at the thought. He had been left here with his parents and felt hard done by, but he had been home with family and they hadn't.

"Of course it was." their mother cut in gently. "The Academy was no place for the Princess of Vel' Anir, especially not then. But it was necessary for Kassandra to learn to control her gifts.. There really wasn't any other choice, Lynus.." His mother and father had said as much for years now, but he had never been able to let it go. He had wanted to go to them, but there had to be a Prince in Vel' Anir. Admittedly, the thought of her being sent to the academy was abhorrent to him..

He shot his mother a glance and let out a quiet huff before offering a tired smile to his sibling. "What's done is done. You are safe and you are home.." he said, lifting her hand to press a kiss to the back of it.

• Sip
Silence..

Arryn shrugged and offered a bright grin to the young prince. "Ah. Confirmed. You're an insolent little bastard then." he said as he stretched and settled back, resting his arms behind his head and crossing his ankles. "I see how it is."

"Perhaps its better you just go, wherever it is you intend on goin' then.. Fuck knows Lynus has dealt with enough shit, I'd probably be doing him a favour and sparing him any more grief.. At least he has your sister back.." he yawned.

"No, not often." Kassandra said in regards to Wil, no small amount of regret and sorrow tinging her voice. It was a weight that she still bore even know. Her little brother had been sent with her through no fault of his own. He had been educated in a far away land, but...taken away because of her.

There was no arguing that, and the guilt of it still settled on her shoulders even now. The smile on her face seemed to falter for a brief moment, and she gently pulled her palm back and away from Lynus as she considered his words.

Safe.

Home.

Briefly she wondered what that meant, what it would mean for the future. She tried to keep up the facade she had built around herself for so long. Confidence. "I think we should go find Wil."

She said. "The two of us."

Kassandra said, looking at her mother for a brief moment.

"It might be...easier." Her eyes settled on the Queen, silently communicating that there would be time to talk later. Right now she wanted to make sure her brother did not get left behind again.

• Cthuloo