Private Tales Half Burned in Flames

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Cullen's mind raced as he absorbed Eira's words, his focus solely on getting her to safety. He tried to stay as calm and collected as he could. He'd been wounded many times, had seen so many of comrades injured and killed, but none of them were as important to Thanasian society as she was, and none of them would have meant a death sentence for him. As he felt the blood seep through his fingers, the urgency of the matter fueled his determination, driving him to act quickly and decisively.

"I know where it is," he replied quickly. He spared a fleeting glance over his shoulder at the chaotic scene behind them, Tyafainne's menacing presence looming over the fallen dragon.

As he all but dragged Eira from the scene, he muttered under his breath, his tone laced with frustration and disbelief. "Remind me to think twice about making alliances again."

With a firm grip on the Malennis girl, he guided her towards Meala, the dragon waiting impatiently nearby.

"You'll have to fly with me," he stated firmly. "If you pass out, you'll fall, and I doubt the glassblowers can help either of us then." Despite the gravity of the situation, there was a hint of reassurance in his voice, a silent promise that he would do everything in his power to ensure her safety.

• Smug
Reactions: Eira
She was in no state to argue, not when pain and instability threatened to bring her down and bleed out on this ground.

In certain Eira fashion, she waited until they neared is dragon before answering a past quip said by him moments ago. "You would not need any other alliance than the one I struck with you." She stumbled, falling into Cullen and cursing. It was unladylike, but as soon as the first was spilled, Eira darkly spat out more to compete with the darkness begging to pull her under.

"I know how to play my cards." Dark eyes lifted to meet the dragon's, who watched them both closely. "I will bring my House to order and be rid of the rats the plague our bloodline." Allies within nobility, within the royal household, and with the people that people of her station often looked down upon. "And only when I achieve that, those allied with me will reap rewards."

Eira was so sure in her power, so sure in her status as a Moon Dragon rider. She was valuable, perhaps more than she ever would if she were born a male heir.

"Fuck!" The Chosen Heir threw back her head and seethed, wincing as her muscles moved around the blade still in her side. "It burns... it's burning." And for the briefest moment, Eira was terrified.

"Tyafainne... I have Ransa tears... I may not..." She may not make it to Valimir if the blade carried poison.

• Stressed
Reactions: Cullen
"Stop talking," he urged firmly, his voice tinged with urgency as he took her weight. He wasn't interested in rewards or accolades; all he wanted was to ensure Eira's survival. Her alliance had been unexpected, but he couldn't deny that it had already proven invaluable.

Panic surged through him as Eira cursed aloud, and he halted their progress, guiding her to rest against a cluster of rocks, turning his attention to the wound and the blade still protruding from it. The realisation dawned on him that the bite of the blade may have been venomous, and his mouth went dry at the thought.

Ransa tears.

Her words sparked a glimmer of hope amidst the fear and uncertainty. Without hesitation, he turned towards Tyafainne, his expression pleading at the thought of approaching her. But Eira needed help, and he would need to risk the dragon's wrath for her sake.

"I'll get it," he assured Eira, his tone firm and determined. "Just... tell her not to rip my head off." He offered her a reassuring smile, though his eyes betrayed his underlying fear. Meala snarled, as though she felt it too, but Cullen's bloody hand raised to settle her as he cautiously approached the moon dragon.

• Smug
Eira inhaled through her teeth, head tilting back and her eyes fluttering closed. "She honours our alliance." One Eira would still uphold.

The dragon had followed them slowly, head low to the ground to snarl at the kin of her bonded as she passed. The equivalent of a dragon's smile could be seen, but it slowly wore off by the time her eyes fixed onto the Marked One. Her bonded had taken a liking to him the first day, upon their first flight as cadets. Steam spilled from her nostrils, still billowing out from her as he opened her mouth some, scenting him.

Tyafainne lowered herself to a stop, leaning forward to give him an easier ascent upon her foreign terrain.

Eira said something, undecipherable, but understood by her dragon, who began to slowly move towards her bonded while the Marked One searched the bags Eira kept by the saddle.

Tyafainne scented the blood and let out another low snarl.

Eira opened her eyes, meeting her dragon's right eye before her. "You go find my father." There was no use to having her dragon follow and fret over her.

• Nervous
Cullen's heart raced as he climbed onto Tyafainne's saddle. "Eeeeasy.." he murmured, his movements cautious and deliberate. He could hear Meala grumbling as he rummaged through the bags, his fingers trembling with urgency until he found the bottle he was looking for.

Clutching it tightly, he returned to Eira's side as quickly as he could, his mind focused on the task at hand.
"We need to get this blade out," he stated firmly, his voice steady despite the panic churning in his stomach. He handed her the bottle of Ransa tears, and he reached for the blade, his fingers hovered over it for a moment, a silent prayer on his lips.

He fixed Eira with a stern look, seeking reassurance in her eyes before proceeding.

"Ready?" he asked, his voice gentle yet determined. He waited for her nod before carefully prying the blade free, his heart clenching at the sight of the wound flowing freely. Every instinct screamed at him to do something, anything, to stop the bleeding, but he forced himself to remain calm and focused on the task at hand.

Quickly, he shrugged out of his flight jacket and pulled his shirt over his head, his scarred body slick with sweat as he balled the fabric up, ready to press it firmly to the wound to stifle the flow of blood.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Eira did not remember nodding, only staring up at Cullen who may be the last to see her alive. Tyafainne made her disapproval known through their bond, chastising her rider for not shielding her thoughts.

The blade came out smoothly, but her body swayed a little against the rock she was propped up against. She was vaguely aware of a hand reaching out for something, her it fell flat against the skirts of her dress. The next moments were foggy, but she looked up and saw Cullen, now without a shirt and at her side, pressing hard at her wound. Eira's hands twitched, and then she became aware of the thing she reached out for.

"Ransa tears... will clean the wound. Slowly, that wound will close but..." Eira's head dipped. The drowsiness setting in, from the loss of blood or the poison, she did not know. "Help me?" Her voice broke slightly, as if she choked back a sob. She was scared, had so many things left to achieve and to get what she wanted the most. Eira had a family to prove wrong, a whole life ahead of her of being with her bonded dragon... "I cannot quite manage the stopper..."

Off in the distance, Fenton had made his way onto his feet, turning to look at his cousin and the Marked One... but it was best to leave them be, for now. Meeri's dragon was gasping for it's last breaths, just as his twin had been. He cursed his own dragon for fleeing, but the two bonded were alike more than he thought. Fenton's drive to be selfish and survive extended the same way with his dragon.

• Stressed
Cullen's hands moved with practiced precision as he followed Eira's instructions, dousing the wound in the Ransa tears before pressing his shirt back against it, applying firm pressure to stem the bleeding until hopefully, it closed. Meala's growl behind them added a layer of reassurance, a silent promise that she was watching their backs as she watched Fenton's movements.

Eira's sob tore at Cullen's chest, the sound echoing in his ears as he felt her fear radiate through her trembling form. She was so vulnerable and afraid, and he wasn't quite sure how to deal with it. With a gentle touch, he set a bloody hand on her cheek, hoping that his touch wound a silent comfort as he met her gaze with unwavering determination.

"Hey. You're gonna be fine, alright?" he murmured, his voice soft yet firm, infused with a quiet confidence that he hoped would reassure her.

"Come on," he urged, his movements swift as he threw on his flight jacket before wrapping his arm around her, taking her weight as he helped her up to Meala's saddle. He settled her back against his chest, ensuring she was secure and comfortable, his arm wrapped tightly around her to keep her steady and ensure she'd keep her seat.

Meala knew where to go, and with a gentle nudge from Cullen, she took off into the sky, her powerful wings carrying them swiftly towards their destination. It wouldn't be long before they were landing outside the Valimir workshop in the outer city, where help hopefully awaited them.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Tyfainne did not follow Meala or her near lifeless rider. She was given a task, one that would prove easy as it was not difficult to scent the mother of the young moon dragon. Eirenthe and her rider had flown to the Wall this morning, and that was the path Tya took now.

Eira almost gave out tears of relief when she spied the Outer City. It looked as if there were no streets from their vantage point above, the maze like streets designed specifically to confuse foreigners and invaders. But Meala did not have trouble in navigating, and within minutes, they came to land on the flattened roof, startling the blind white dragon from his slumber.

As Cullen would help Eira descend from the saddle, the woman known as Faye Valimir strode up to the rooftop in a hurry.

"Cullen?" She was about to chew him out before her eyes fell on the second passanger.

"Lady Malennis." A quick bow of the head, before she came to usher them inside. "You remember where the kitchen is, Cull?" She did not question any further, not until she knew a noble was not about to die in her home.

• Nervous
Cullen's arms tightened protectively around Eira's limp form as he cradled her against his chest and carried her inside, his heart pounding with worry. He nodded to Faye's question, his gaze pleading for reassurance as he laid Eira gently on the table in the center of the kitchen.

"Can you help her?.." he asked urgently, his voice tight with concern.

"She was stabbed. I.. The blade may have been poisoned, I used ransa tears, but she's lost a lot of blood," he explained quickly, as though that fact weren't obvious enough by how soaked in blood they both were.. He looked to the woman with pleading eyes, silently begging for her to save Eira's life.

• Spoon Cry
Eira whimpered as she was placed down, whimpering as her wound still gave her grief.

The glassblower clicked her tongue, not answering Cullen immediately. She left them both in the kitchen, returning a minute later with a kit that rattled and sung of glass bottles and liquids.

"Ransa is good for healing, but against a poison, it can do little if it is a particularly nasty one." But Faye had learned plenty of the poisons available in Thanasis and Malakath beyond. Her wealth of knowledge of rare dragon species in the Wylds, of other creatures and the like, Faye was an indispensable source to many in this city, but the woman preferred to continue the Valimir legacy of creative labour.

Finally, dark green eyes met the pleading ones of Morvane's. She frowned, slowly turning to look at Eira on her table. She picked up a pair of shears and cut away at the side of the young woman's dress. It was of the finest cloth, and Faye may have something for her to borrow... but Faye was much taller.

"Her wound is healing. No sign of infection either, but..." She dabbed some alcohol to be sure. Eira winced, writhing slightly.

"What were you doing in the company of a noble heir?" Valimir asked so softly, casually, as if it were a question about the weather.

• Nervous
Cullen's concern for Eira deepened as he watched Faye tend to her wound, his gaze flickering between the two women as he awaited answer or action. His dark brows rose at Faye's assessment of the wound, but his worry persisted, gnawing at his insides like a hungry beast.

When Faye posed her question, Cullen's jaw clenched involuntarily, his brows furrowing in a mixture of frustration and defensiveness. "I didn't do this to her if that's what you're asking," he replied tersely, his tone sharp with emotion, and he fought to keep his rising anger in check. He sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair.

"Is she going to be alright, Faye?" he asked firmly, knowing that if she wasn't, there was nothing that would stop them dragging him in and hanging him despite how innocent he may be.

• Smug
Faye snorted at his sudden defense, throwing him an amused look. "She is better off than her dress. Here, help lift her head for me?" She asked of him, holding up a small vial and taking out the stopper. She poised it by Eira's lips, tipping it down once Cullen held her head up enough to help it travel well.

"I don't care how you both are in the same company, but I know it is no cadet incident, otherwise you would have gone to the Wall for a medic, and not me." Faye glanced at him and then to the little noble. "An alliance, am I to assume? The same was struck with me... and she has been good on her promise. Power hungry little shit, but if that House falls apart, she will come out on top." Her love, Carlyle, doubted this, but he never truly trusted many nobles.

"Come now, let us take her to the small bedroom to sleep it off. I have some work to tend to, but you are more than welcome to sit with her."

It was late in the afternoon when Eira stirred awake, her limbs feeling heavy and her head light and drifting. Her eyes opened to find a room she did not recognise, and a panic set in. She pulled herself to sit up, to bring her legs over the side of the bed but it was proven a difficult task.

Pieces slowly came to her, of what happened before she forgot all else.

And she remembered who had been with her the whole time.

"Cullen?" Came the whisper from Eira.

• Cthuloo
Cullen gently cradled Eira's head as Faye administered the tonic, his expression furrowing slightly at Faye's remarks about alliances. "And here I thought I was special.." he quipped, though there was an underlying edge to his sarcasm. The realisation that Eira appeared to be playing a larger political game, and that she'd dragged him into it, troubled him. "Aren't we all just pawns in their games?" he mused quietly, more to himself than to anyone else, the weight of the truth behind his words heavy in the air.

And yet, he scooped the young woman up and settled her gently into bed to rest, pulling the blankets over her. He could have left then, he likely should have, though he remained by her side, unable to shake the feeling of responsibility that had settled over him. He took a seat in the armchair nearby, his weariness catching up to him as he drifted into a light doze until the sound of his name woke him quickly.

"I'm here," he reassured her, his voice tinged with relief as he moved closer to her bedside. A dry smirk played on his lips as he looked over her, a little colour having returned to her cheeks. "Had me worried for a while there." Despite his attempt at levity, his concern for her well-being was evident in his gaze and the gentle touch of his hand as he reached out to brush a strand of hair from her face.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Eira slowly regained her senses, her memories slowly treacling in as she watched him wordlessly. He touched her hair and brushed it aside, her hair most likely a mess now, but she made no move to inspect.

"Thank you..." She murmured softly, eyes now dropping, watching his mouth for a quick second before falling to her lap. Her pain was gone, but there was a stiffness to her movements, as if she were still recovering that little bit. "I... cannot show up back home with a bloody dress..." She noted, now seeing the blood staining at her side.

The Malennis heir lifted her gaze back to meet Cullen's, and suddenly felt herself lean towards him. "You saved my life... not many can claim that." Not many had been present the times attempts on her life were made. "Thank you, again..." And now Eira was staring at him.

He had such a pretty face, even still with the Marks. The Morvanes did hold some significance, but time had been cruel.

Eira leaned forward some more, amd placed a soft kiss to his cheek.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Cullen's heart raced as Eira leaned closer, her soft breath spilling against his cheek before he felt the gentle brush of her lips. His mind raced with conflicting emotions, a tumultuous storm of relief, gratitude, and an inexplicable longing stirring within him. It had been so long since anyone had shown him such tenderness, and it both thrilled and unnerved him.

He couldn't deny the surge of warmth that flooded his veins at her touch, nor could he ignore the sudden realisation of just how beautiful she was, even with the remnants of pain etched upon her features. Time seemed to slow as he found himself caught in her gaze, his heart pounding in his chest like a drumbeat echoing in the silence of the room.

As he gazed into her eyes, he felt a profound sense of admiration and respect. Despite the dangers she faced, Eira remained strong and resilient, her spirit unbroken. And in that moment, Cullen couldn't help but be struck by the way her eyes sparkled with determination and strength.

The urge to kiss her back, to convey his own gratitude and affection, surged within him like a tidal wave. To taste the sweetness of her gratitude and the depth of her vulnerability. But he hesitated, a thousand thoughts racing through his mind as he grappled with the weight of his own emotions and the consequences of his actions, as well as the weight of his past and his scars holding him back. He couldn't risk tarnishing what little trust she had placed in him, couldn't bear the thought of causing her any more pain.

Instead, he mustered a small, grateful smile, his eyes softening as he met her gaze. "You don't need to thank me, Eira.." he whispered hoarsely. "I'm just glad you're okay." His words held a depth of sincerity that belied the turmoil within him, a silent plea for her to understand the complexity of his feelings.

• Aww
She withdrew her lips from his cheek slowly, noticing how natural it felt for her to do such a thing. As if this was not that first time she had done it, and Eira knew she would like to do so again. She did not retreat herself back to lay on the bed, but kept herself inches from his face. Curiosity and wonder played across her face, a smile brought forth as he brushed off her thanks.

"If you had not followed me there... you saved the Malennis heir. Such a feat warrants a prize, does it not?" Her dark eyes flick up to his marks, a sadness falling upon her face for a moment and she ducked her head, the top of her head grazing slightly at his jaw. "If it were not complicated, you would be rewarded in public.. be gifted a favour of House Malennis..." Most other noble Houses offered a dragon egg, but the Moon Dragons were rare and almost sacred. Their eggs would not be handed to an outside willingly.

Eira lifted her gaze, fixated with him. "So what can I give to you now?" Such a thought gave her a sense of power. Something only she can bestow on him, in line with their alliance. Her hand moved to rest at his lap, and Eira's lips parted just that little bit to let out a shaky breath. They held each other's gaze now, and Eira was not sure if she were of sound mind now or perhaps it was the after effects of her body going through trauma.

Her hand held her weight as she leaned in slowly, closing the short distance between their lips. Traces of the antidote were on her lips, but they held a dark berry taste to cancel out the bitterness of the draught. Eira thought it was just the way his lips tasted, and thought about asking the cook to purchase berries the next moment she had.

It was soft, slow, and careful. Eira held her breath many times, forgetting to breath but sharp inhales could be heard before her lips claimed his again. This feeling was natural, the calmness he gave her in that moment felt as if they were alone in their own world. Her life had been filled with vigilance and inner house politics, but this moment now, shared with Cullen brought her reprieve.

• Ctuhlu senpai
He frowned, and a quiet sigh tumbled from his lips as he saw the sadness flicker across her face, like a stone skipped across a serene lake, disturbing its surface. The complexities she spoke of, the marks on his face and his family name. She would not be putting her lips to him if they were in public now. How could she? He felt her hand move, heard the desire in her voice and saw the same in her eyes as she looked at him that way.

"Eira, I don't--" he started, but his warning was cut off, and Cullen's head spun as Eira's lips met his, a whirlwind of conflicting emotions crashing together in his mind. Her kiss was like a soothing balm. It was soft, and warm, and sweet. There was a breathy groan of approval as, for a moment, he let his eyes close and began to lose himself in the sensation, to forget the world and its complexities as he surrendered to the allure of her touch.

His hand splayed across her cheek and fingers threaded through her hair. But as the moment stretched on and their kiss deepened, as he felt himself leaning in, reality crashed down on him with a sobering reminder of the boundaries that lay between them and the consequences that would inevitably follow.

Reluctantly, he pulled back, his breath coming in ragged gasps as he struggled to regain his composure, and as the haze of passion began to dissipate, he felt guilt gnawing at his conscience and he dropped his gaze with a shake of his head. She was vulnerable, weakened by her ordeal, and clearly not in her right mind..

"Eira.." he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper, "as much as I... appreciate your gesture, I don't think this is what you want." His words came out in a breathless rush, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to make sense of the tumultuous whirlwind of emotions raging within him.

He gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face, his touch lingering for a moment longer before he pulled away, a pang of regret in his chest. "You should rest.." he murmured softly, his voice thick with emotion as he gently disentangled himself from her. "We can.. forget this.." he frowned, and forced himself to stand.

"I'll ask Faye if she has something else for you to wear.."

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Eira's heart raced.

The kiss was a surge of energy within her, a shock to her system. Perhaps it could have been the ordeal of healing, but Eira knew that Cullen's handsome features were ever prominent to him now. She watched him as he spoke, trying to dissuade her.

"You do not know what I want." And the drive she possessed to get what she wanted.

She knew he wanted her too. It was obvious, painted all over him, and still he put the distance between them. Eira allowed him to, if that was how he needed to come to terms of what they did...

"Alright... but I am not going to forget something I wanted to do. I would... do it again, if given the chance."

If it were not for them being in the same cadet class, perhaps Morvane would succeed in putting distance between them.

She fell back into the bed, watching him leave the room to find the Healer. That at least told her he listened to her instruction.

Faye Valimir was sat at the dining table by the time Cullen would find her again. A dress draped over a chair, and the healer writing letters.

"All is well?" She asked, eyes not leaving the parchment.

"I think I have a pretty decent idea of what you want, Eira.." he answered gently, a humourless smile on his still-tingling lips. Power. It was all any noble he'd ever known wanted, and it wasn't something he could give her.

'I would... do it again, if given the chance.'

His brow furrowed then as he turned away, wordlessly. He couldn't give her that chance either. He knew next time that he would not stop, and the situation was messy enough as it was in its current state. Even walking away from her now felt almost painful.

Finding Faye at the dining table, he rubbed at the tension building in the back of his neck and cleared his throat, nodding quickly at her question and avoiding holding the woman's gaze for too long.

"Aye.. I think she needs a bit more rest, but she's healing.. Thanks Faye." he sighed, tense and relieved all at once, though his gaze fell on the parchment on the table and the quill in her hand, a look of worry in his dark eyes.

"I realise the position we put you in by coming here." he frowned, leaning himself against the kitchen worktop.. "But uh.. I'd be in a river of shit if the wrong people thought I had any part in this. She was in trouble and outnumbered, that's it.."

• Bless
Faye rested her quill in the ink pot, turning her dark green eyes to Cullen. "I am not questioning you, Morvane. Only that you need not worry about my part in this. It is not the first time I have been in the service of the little Malennis. That House... that family are thirsty for blood, even her. I only warn you against getting too involved."

She poured sand over her parchment, drying the ink before pouring it back into the small jar. Faye folded it, opening her mouth to speak again. "But if you are involved, and should you ever need assistance, I am here." She sealed the letter, waiting only mere moments to snap the wax and handed it to Cullen.

"Fake orders of escorting the Malennins heir. Should anyone question you as you return her to her dragon. Blood is in the air, the dragons will be keen on that." Faye was only a medic for the Thanasian Thunder, but her name and renown would carry weight, signed at the bottom of the letter.

It detailed that Eira Malennis had been attacked earlier this day, and the on the medic's insistence, Morvane was to escort her back to the moon dragon and part ways. This gave them an alibi, to whatever scuffle that lead to Eira being poisoned.

"Best you get that girl the new dress and get her out of Thanasis. There is a cloak beneath the dress she can use to hide her face. You should do that same, I believe Carlyle has an old cloak he can part with." Faye began to rise, moving towards the cupboard housing odd and ends and produced the faded black cloak. The glassblower offered it to Cullen.

"Do not lose that letter."

Eira was in no mood to rest after Cullen left the room.

Her lips still tingled, craving for another kiss, but the Malennis rider pushed herself to sit up, turning to inspect the healing wound. Ransa tears made sure the flesh would not scar, but the poison had sapped most of her energy, and more of it now used up during her recovery.

She rose from the bed and crossed slowly over to the hanging mirror beside the door, getting a better look at her wound and the bloody, shredded side of her dress that gave picture to her tanned skin beneath. At least she looked healthier more and more as she was now awakened and alert.

• Cthuloo
Cullen's hand dragged down his scarred face as Faye passed comment on the tumultuous family he'd found himself involved with, and the warning that came with it.. "Right.." he sighed. "When she asked me to be her ally, I.. I figured she meant squad games, I didn't realise I'd be having to put down her cousin only hours later."

He glanced down at the letter and huffed, scratching at his bearded jaw. "Won't do much good if he runs to daddy.." Cullen lifted his arm to look at the slash across his flight jacket where Fenton's blade had bit through his skin. Perhaps he should have killed him.

Still, Cullen took the letter and the clothes, murmuring a sincere thanks to her. His steps were heavy as he returned to the bedroom, hoping to the Gods that she was dressed and had returned to her senses. If the Gods really felt like going all out, he'd have been grateful if they just erased her memory of the entire day, thanks.

His throat cleared to announce himself as he pushed open the door, finding her stood in front of the mirror. She looked a little better already. She looked pretty, but then she always had.. Cullen seemed to hold his words hostage for a moment as he arranged his thoughts, and when no words came he held up the dress and cloak for her to wear..

"We should get moving.." he forced a small smile.

• Bless
Eira stared at Cullen for a moment before taking the dress and cloak. She turned, laying them over the bed and taking a second to think. "We need to go back to the plateau." Before he could protest, she began to pull the laces at the rear of her dress. "I do not need you present while I change and clean up, Cullen." And to finish it all, she turned to meet his eyes over her shoulder, her dress slackening against her frame.

Perhaps she was curious to see if he would watch attentively or not, but the heir waited for him to take his leave so she could undress and figure out how she was going to wear a dress meant for someone much taller... only to realise the dress Faye was lending her was a dress Eira had gifted to her to sell, two years prior. It had been a desperate attempt to purchase Ransa tears, before she had even befriended the Princess who was now happy to help provide Tears. Faye had been so successful in her work, able to purchase the Tears for her own supplies as a medic.

The dress... had been her favourite at the time. Finely tailored to her, only worn on particular occassions.

The fact the glassblower had kept it... and not sold it for gifted it to anyone else.

Eira paid no more mind on this, and minutes later would open the door to the room, cloak securely worn over the deep blue dress. "I am ready..." Brown eyes would search the hall, looking for Cullen.

• Frog Cute
Dark brows dipped as Eira spoke of returning to the plateau, a step forward taken as his lips parted with the intention of protesting, but as her dress loosened and she looked back at him, his words stuck in his throat and he cleared it awkwardly. Fucking hell, Cul.

"I'll.. Wait outside.." he muttered and dragged his eyes to the floor, the door closing with a click as he stepped out of the room. A hand dragged through his hair as he wandered back down the hallway and into the kitchen. He stared at the door for a long moment, considering leaving, returning to the Forge and thinking better of visiting the marketplace and agreeing to noble alliances ever again. He should leave, and yet a flood could have washed around him without uprooting his feet from where he now stood, waiting for her.

He took the time to remove his flight jacket and shirt, the arm of which now patched crimson around the hole slashed into it. He soaked a fresh cloth in water and cleaned around the wound, his teeth clenched at the sting. The stitches could wait.

He turned his head at the sound of Eira's voice.. "One sec." he replied quickly, reaching to grab for his shirt and pull it over his head before she made it to the kitchen. his face was not the only part of his body that'd been marked. The blackened scorch marks coiled around his arm and across his chest, his back heavily scarred by more mundane forms of punishment suffered for the sake of his name.

• Bless
"There you are." Her face was taking colour back in nicely now, turning back to the warm complexion she had. "Ready to go now?"

Her dark eyes took him in another glance, lingering at the way his shirt's hem caught at his side and glimpsed a bit of his hip. She raised her eyes back up to meet his gaze, lifting her head to look up at him. "If you worry about being caught now, then tell me. I can walk out of here and find another way to retrieve my sword and meet with my father." Perhaps she should not involve him further, but there was a selfish reason she had given him such a soft way out.

She could not give any suitor brought her way the time of day, but with Cullen before her, an incessant need to look at him came over her. He was handsome, almost rugged with the way the markings were placed upon him, but even then, there was no denying he was quite lovely on the eyes. "I hope I did not scare you off with that kiss." She murmured so softly, it looked as if her own lips had not moved.

• Ctuhlu senpai
"Here I am.." he answered quietly, watching her as she spoke and silently wishing his heart would calm. He had hoped she wouldn't mention the kiss, that it was some side effect of delirium and she'd have forgotten about it already, but alas..

"You lost a lot of blood.." he offered in effort to excuse her obviously poor judgement, assuming that she'd have been regretful as soon as she'd come to her senses and giving her full permission to brush it off. His throat cleared and he rubbed at the back of his neck, his gaze falling away from her.

"I don't think returning to the plateau is a good idea.. We should get you out of here for a while."

• Cthuulove