Dreadlords Dreadkid Slice of Life 3.0

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
"I have seen you do things that would make non Initiates think badly of you so I think I can survive a carnival," Cassi said as she matched his stride towards the game area.

At his question about anything tickling her fancy, she shrugged. She, honestly, had never been to a carnival or played any of these games. The archery one seemed to be the only one she was familiar with because of their actual training at the Academy.

Like Silas, she also felt weird hanging out with someone that was not her brother. She did not seem to mind though. It was a break from making sure he did not explode even though he was going to be hard pressed to keep cool without her by his side. This would be interesting to say the least.

A small heh escaped through her lips at Silas' next question. "Absolutely," she said. Her tone was joking but she was sure there was truth there.

"How about that ring-toss game? Should be a cinch for you, shouldn't it?"

Ring-toss. She had never tossed rings before but he was correct that it should be easy for her with her wind control.

"Sure!"
She said with a smile.

Silas Artesto

You get feisty, you come find me, Essie.

“Mhm.” She nodded, visibly more relaxed after the clap on her shoulder. She would never admit it, but she actually enjoyed spending time with Zaire in a completely platonic way. Even if he did roll his eyes at every comment, which could be incredibly annoying, he was the only one who could calm her and it was a nice feeling even if only for a fleeting moment. “Will do.”

She waited a moment for Remi to suggest an activity they participate in, giving him a confused look. “What is a hula hoop?” She tilted her head to the side then looked towards the tent where there were ring shaped things. “Do the hula hoops do something?”

Was that a stupid question?
Should I have pretended I know what these games are? She wondered to herself, leading him towards the tent as he spoke. Do you wear them?

Have you ever played or danced with them before?

Oh…

“No…I have not. You play and dance with the circles? And they’re on fire? That sounds kind of fun I suppose.” She picked one up as they approached the tent, completely ignoring the worker pestering them about rules or whatever it was he was doing.

“Should we find someone to light it on fire?” She wiggled the thing around in his face, continuing to ignore the man who now most definitely seemed less than excited about her suggestion to see his game up in flames.

Remi Useda

That brow rose and he knew the thought that went with it. He was just courteous enough to let her finish speaking first.

I believe the saying is ladies first which means that I will spin you first, Dakarai.

As the words left her lips, he grabbed her shoulders and gave her a spin. "Yup! Strong and independent! All that!" He laughed as he hopped backwards. The moment he acted, he would be ready for a response.

Whether game or initiates, they knew what or who they would play. Her idea was also a good one, so why not do it randomly?

Raena Mirrsyn

Zaire trotted off after Marcella, seeing how she dragged her feet and her whole body seem to slump from the weight of just being alive. Thinking back to it, and Zaire thought back very hard and very far back into the past at the academy, he couldn’t remember ever seeing Marcella walking around and looking chipper. Of course, back then, no one looked happy. But now, after a year, some initiates were smiling, or laughing, and not getting the crap beat out of them.

You’d think it would encourage more to follow suit.

For Zaire personally, in some part of his mind, there was a anxious voice telling him it was too good to be true, and if he allowed himself to get soft, it would end him.

I don’t think they can really take stuffed animals out of rooms anymore. Maybe?” Zaire said to his sad-looking partner. Not having anything better to do, he looked around and did see a booth that was selling all sorts of stuffed bears. Zaire and Marci had nothing to brag about when it came to their heights, Zaire only being two inches taller than her.

You any good at jumping and throwing balls?” He asked her, pointing over to the booth, forgetting about phrasing once again. There was a series of five hoops high into a wooden wall, with the four in the corners being quite large and only worth one point while the one in the middle was smaller and worth five. The largest bear they had cost fifty points, while for the smallest bear only five were needed.

Marcella

Raena squeaked as Dakarai spun her as soon as she was done speaking. She laughed as she spun and when she came to a stop, she raised her right arm to point towards their activity (or victim). The winner of their first adventure was a strange looking game. It had a large wood wall with blown up balloons all over the board. She figured that the point was to pop the balloons somehow.

"Weird wall with balloons, you asshole," Raena said once the field stopped spinning around her. She was hardly mad at him though. Proctor Melina had said to have fun so she was trying.

She grabbed Dakarai's hand and pulled him along towards the balloon popping game. As they approached a nice, older lady smiled at them and placed eight darts on the counter on the booth.

"Four darts for one of you and four darts for the other," she said indicating the darts. "One of you goes first and then the other. You both hit your four balloons then you win a prize!"

Raena tilted her head and then looked over at Dakarai.

"Since you like going first," she said with a flourish of her hand.

Dakarai

Was Zaire under some impression that there were new rules? Sure, there had been a revolution and life had gotten better but any day now Marcella was certain things would go back to how they once were. Proctors would pop out and reveal this had all been part of their training.

”You’re right, I think they can’t take away our personal possessions anymore.”

She still hid most of her knick-knacks under her mattress. Like that funny looking chicken bone she’d seen another initiate try to throw away or the scarf she’d knitted during the academy’s arts and crafts day.

But while she was still apprehensive towards the academy Zaire seemed almost relaxed.

As if he was just going with the flow now. It really shone through when he was excited about some new idea. Like the ball and hoop game, apparently. ”Um, I’ve tried jumping before.”

Could you really be bad at jumping? Well, if you could, she probably was…

Marcella waltzed up to the person manning the booth and while staring down at her feet said, ”I think, if it’s not much trouble, we might like to play this game.”

A few balls were handed over to the pair and the young girl moved over to her spot. Right, she could do this. It wouldn’t be too hard.

Marcella cocked back one arm. She put all her strength into her initial throw and let the ball fly. It collided with the wooden wall, bounced off violently, and knocked over an entire rack of the hula hoops.

Remi, as well, picked one of the hula hoops up and examined it. It was not so different from the kind made by the Useda. The twining was the same, but the material was different—grapevine in this case instead of hardy grasses. Still, it was solid. Remi gave the hoop a test whirl around his wrist and found it to be to his satisfaction.

The carnival worker tried his luck with Remi then instead of Ysobel, complaining to him about the rules of his proposed game. Remi kept his gaze on the hula hoop, examining it still, as he gently reached out and pressed the heel of his palm against the worker's nose and slowly pushed him away. The worker was baffled. Stunned.

"They are not always on fire. Often they are not," Remi said. For special dances, performances, and rituals would they be lit on fire. Though...now that Remi considered it, what if the flames made the games and recreation more fun? There was excitement that came with daring.

Should we find someone to light it on fire?

Remi looked to Ysobel then, gazing past the hula hoop she wiggled before him and unto her countenance, pleasantly surprised. Excitement from daring, indeed.

"I—"

A ball flew into the tent from Marcella and Zaire's tent across the way and smacked into a rack of hula hoops and knocked them over. The hula hoop worker clapped his palms to his head in frustration. Remi briefly glanced at the mess. Blinked.

Then continued evenly as if nothing had happened. "—would enjoy that."

He smiled a little. "Lightning can create fire, no?" And then added in an faintly impish tone, echoing the phrasing of her earlier question. "Has anyone garnered your ire lately? We can find someone to light on fire."

It might have been a little difficult to tell if he was joking or not.

Ysobel Marcella Zaire

Silas balked at Cassi's insinuation that he'd ever done anything remotely untoward. The boy doubted she had any actual ammunition behind such a claim, not unless she was paying far more attention than he gave the violet-eyed woman credit for. "That's just Corvus, probably feeding you lies about my good name because he thinks I'll steal you away or something." A snicker leaves his mouth as he redirects towards the aforementioned ring game.

"Our time here at this Academy is far too short to spend all of it in misery. When we leave here we're expected to serve for the rest of our time. It'd be foolish not to let what little freedoms we have slip away without making use of them." Artesto was serious about becoming a Dreadlord, the best that he could be. He never was one to turn away a little bit of fun, though. The world was miserable enough without locking yourself in a cycle, the way he saw it.

For something supposed to be so festive, Silas woulda thought they could get somebody a little more cheery looking than the large fellow manned at the ring-toss. He was dressed in garish red and white stripes, but Artesto would have bet anything he was just a member of the Guard who'd gotten a real shit assignment today. Silas looked up at him, the corner of his mouth quirking into a smirk. "A round for the lady, please."

The hulk of a man grunted, looking over both of them before nodding and reaching behind the stool he sat on, holding out five rings for Cassi, matching the striped colors he wore. The ring toss game itself was a small stall, surrounded by a roped off area for distance, Bottlenecks of various sizes and shapes stuck up out of the stall, arranged by size and distance, with point amounts marked for each row.

Silas nudged Cassi with his elbow. "Come on, you've got this easy."

Cassi Azura

Lips parted but she hesitated in her response to Corvus. There was a time in the not-so-distant past where they would’ve been pitted against each other to do just that. Kill and injure each other. The strongest surviving. Perci had always thought it a waste. So unlike some of her classmates, she’d been more favorable for the outcome of the revolution. It wasn’t always about power and strength alone to win a battle. It was also about numbers.

“You wouldn’t,” she said suddenly, crossing her toned and muscular arms. She paused at his side, gaze shifting to look at the hammer game before going back to Mister Tempest.

“Shoot my eye out.” Between one instant and the next her skin changed from warm, dark flesh to solid armor. With another breath, she was back to normal. “Well,” she breathed. “Perhaps if you were fast enough.”

• Love
  • Bless
Reactions: Ysobel and Zaire
Zaire shrugged. The academy had turned him into quite the minimalist, and the only thing he ever saved were valuables. A necklace given to him when he turned ten, right before coming to the academy. It was through sheer luck, slight of hand, and perhaps his family’s last name that allowed him to keep it from getting taken from him. Other than the clothes on his back, the shoes on his feet, and his hair ties, his room was very, very empty.

He followed after Marcella and rolled his eyes at how she spoke. So timid. Might? If it’s not too much trouble? How was this sullen girl supposed to be a dreadlord? He paused, reconsidered that thought. Actually, she’d probably make a great dreadlord. A better one than Zaire, at least. She’d say please and thank you before having someone writhing in complete agony. Zaire would just roll his eyes.

His eyes widened, seeing the way Marci held the ball in all her gray and dreary melancholy to then chuck it at the wall. He ducked, just in time to miss it, and winced when he heard a crash on the other side of them.

Zaire stood up, his mouth gaping at Marcella.

What in Kress’ infinite asshole are you doing?” Zaire asked incredulously, taking the ball from the host before he gave it to Marci again. “You’re not throwing a blast orb, you’re trying to shoot a few hoops. Here, watch.” Zaire bent his knees, keeping his eyes focused on the hoop in the center, the ball firmly between his two dark hands.

And then he jumped! As if he had wings! As if he could fly! Zaire couldn’t help but grin as he rose off from the ground like a weightless white dandelion fluff be carried along the wind. He raised up his arms just enough so when he launched the ball there was a smooth arc. Up, up, up and then down, down, down—

The ball bounced from the wooden wall, missing the middle hoop by at least a foot, and was rocketed out of the basketball booth and went careening into the hula hoop tent. Zaire winced, hearing another crash followed by a angry and exasperated shout full of curse words.

Well. Third time’s the charm, right, Marci?” Zaire said, rubbing the back of his neck and casting his gaze to the side.

Marcella Ysobel Remi Useda

Ysobel curiously shook the hoop as Remi spoke. She knew nothing of the boy, but as he began to speak she couldn’t fight the devilish smile on her face. Perhaps this fun fest would actually be fun.

She turned at the sound of crashing, watching as the ball Marcella tossed bounced passed her followed shortly by the ball from Zaire, both knocking over stacks of hula hoops. “Hey!” She shouted at them, tossing both of the balls back. Her aim was just as bad as theirs, both balls bouncing off into the tent across. With aim this terrible, it was a miracle any of them were still in the program. “Watch it!”

I would enjoy that.

The smile returned, followed by a quiet, “Good.” She grabbed a few hula hoops. “I suppose lightning can create fire, but the proctors would be upset if I started smiting people or things…” she trailed off. “Again. But I suppose a little zap wouldn’t upset anyone.”

His second question prompted her to think for a moment before she spoke again. No one, aside from the proctors, had particularly gotten on her nerves recently. Then again, she hadn’t been around much so it would have been hard for people to get on her nerves. “I think Proctor Melina would not take a flaming hula hoop well, personally. What about you? Anyone irritating you?”

She fiddled with striped paper covering that wrapped the hoop. It was perfect for setting alight. “If no one’s upset you either, we could just find the one that would give us the best reaction. Corvus would probably send these tents flying if we hit him or his boring sister. Perci would probably kill us. I don’t think Fennec or Raena would respond at all, to be honest. Silas…I’m not sure we’d hit him. He’s a fuckin nerd who would probably take this all too seriously, like it’s some training exercise for us.” She looked over to Zaire and Marcella again. “Zaire is off limits and Marcella as well because she’s with him...and if we hit Dakarai, Zaire would probably be mad at me as well...so let's not do that.”

Remi Useda

Last edited:
Raena squeaked. Squeaked. A future Dreadlord of Aniria squeaked. That was never gonna be lived down. But she laughed, so technically they had fulfilled Melinas 'have fun' rule. And she pointed!

Weird wall with balloons, you asshole.

The game in question was some weird aiming game. Well? That was totally in his wheelhouse. Raena took him by surprise for a second time by grabbing his hand and leading him towards their game.

Once they reached their booth he thought they were looking at a woman who had been born during the height of the Second Elven War. Somewhere, some great necromancer was furious that she still hadn't died yet.

Four darts for one of you and four darts for the other, one of you goes first and then the other. You both hit your four balloons then you win a prize!

The old crone issued her challenge. All the while, Dak began to pat his chest, building up his charge. A pair of crashes sounded off down the row and he could only cringe as he saw the source: his brother. "Smooth.." he muttered under his breath.

Since you like going first.

Raena would sound off cheekily from the side. This would prompt a grin. "Who do I look like, Vance?" The legend of the fastest pump in the Academy had spread amongst the classes. Naturally, something so ridiculous couldn't be true. Dak would have waded into a wave of arrows by now if it were him and true. "Same time?"

Raena Mirrsyn

Lips parted but she hesitated in her response to Corvus. There was a time in the not-so-distant past where they would’ve been pitted against each other to do just that. Kill and injure each other. The strongest surviving. Perci had always thought it a waste. So unlike some of her classmates, she’d been more favorable for the outcome of the revolution. It wasn’t always about power and strength alone to win a battle. It was also about numbers.

“You wouldn’t,” she said suddenly, crossing her toned and muscular arms. She paused at his side, gaze shifting to look at the hammer game before going back to Mister Tempest.

“Shoot my eye out.” Between one instant and the next her skin changed from warm, dark flesh to solid armor. With another breath, she was back to normal. “Well,” she breathed. “Perhaps if you were fast enough.”

"Fair point, I guess I would just put a dent in your eye, or just really annoy you. Either way, best to keep bows and arrows as far away from me as possible." Corvus replied with a light chuckle.

He made his way over to the high strike game. After a quick word with the person running the game, he was given the heavy hammer. It wasn't too much to deal with. For most of the dreadlord initiates, the hammer would not be that heavy, even if it was made to be so for normal people.

As he neared the game, the wind started to pick up around him a little faster. He was speaking to himself, "Sorry, bell but I was given a gift, so I need to return the favor."

With sudden and ferocious force, Corvus swung the hammer down with all his might. The wind seemed to help propel the hammer slightly. The ball meter quickly skyrocketed and it made a satisfying ding as it connected with the bell at the top.

Corvus let out a cheer of victory. He turned to Perseus with a grin and motioned to the prizes. "Alright, this one is for you."

Perseus

• Facepalm
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Zaire and Marcella
Perci didn't look at the wall of prizes she could choose from. Instead, her focus was on Corvus. Her perpetual somber expression softened for just a moment. A tiny, teeny moment. Would this be how Corvus was more often if he hadn't gone to the Academy? If they'd had a choice like the classes coming in?

If the revolution had happened prior to them being born?

His cheer of victory, his grin. She didn't know if she'd ever seen him give those so freely besides this moment. And he looked younger. He looked his age.

Stepping forward, she rested her hand on his shoulder for a moment and tried to be gentle as she squeezed it as a friend would. "You did not have to do this." She'd heard his comment before he'd swung. "But I'm glad you did."

Not for the prize. But for the experience of seeing him as a moment as the boy he was. She released his shoulder as quickly as she'd touched it and turned to the prizes. She looked at them thoughtfully, wondering which would she could perhaps sell to gather enough coin for a new pair of boots. Then pointed.

"That one," it was a sleek-looking dagger in a leather holster. Once she fastened it securely to her thigh, she looked back to Corvus. "I heard there are some rides, do you want to try one?"

Raena had picked up one of darts from her pile and she was weighing it in her hand when she heard the crash. She looked over that way to simply make sure that no one was attacking their carnival before returning her attention to the dart. Something was off about it. The balance wasn't right.

"Who do I look like, Vance?"

She chuckled at Dakarai's question. She did not want to answer the question or find out the answer to the question. She was perfectly fine not knowing anything about that stuff. She had more important things to do anyways.

"Same time?"

"Sure," the Initiate said and put the shaft of the dart between her thumb and forefinger. It still felt off but she did not dwell on it anymore. It was just some cheap game after all.

Raena aimed and adjusted for distance before she let it fly. It did not hit the balloon and she just narrowed her eyes in irritation. No, that wasn't right. She threw daggers, she could throw a dart.

Dakarai

"Don't blame my brother for your bad decisions," she said after his comment about Corvus and the snicker. He knew Corvus said nothing about him but, of course, he would never admit that he was anything but the perfect gentleman. Cassi just took her head at him with a smile.

She listened to his little speech about letting fun slip away and nodded. She agreed. She and Corvus would be Dreadlords in a couple years and she was excited about it. Cassi had always believed she was meant for something greater and being a Dreadlord was that something greater.

"A round for the lady, please."

Cassi took the rings from the gruff man in the stripes with a thank you and a smile. She studied the bottles and picked her first target. Silas' elbow nudge brought her back from her concentration and she threw him a look.

"Come on, you've got this easy."

Of course she had this. She controlled wind and she was literally tossing rings through the air at the bottles. She could do it. She put her hand through the center of four of the rings and put the last one in her right hand. She aimed and threw the ring.

Easy.

Except...it was not going anywhere near where she aimed so she quickly swiped a finger through the air cause a small breeze to push the ring where she wanted it.

Plop. It nestled onto the neck of the bottle.

Silas Artesto

• Facepalm
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Zaire and Marcella
Corvus could not stop from tensing up as Perci got in close and rested her hand on his shoulder. It wouldn't have mattered if she was laughing, joking, or even starting a fight, but she had a hint of sadness to her that he did not like it being directed at him.

What was there to be sad about? He was one of the top Dreadlords initiates in his class, and almost certain to graduate with strong marks. He felt like he was being pitied, which he wasn't a fan of.

Trying to quickly change the subject, he moved away and looked to the distance where some rides were set up, magical rides. Was that safe? Yeah, right, like he cared.

"Let's do it. The crazier the better."

He also couldn't help but notice that he was carrying a stuffed bird plushy, while Perci now had a knife. Man, he should have paid more attention to the prizes. Oh well, he could always gives his to Cassi.

Perseus

Dakarai tested the dart, definitely fucky. Weight was all off, the balance too. All the while, he kept patting chest. It wasn't the most unbalanced thing he had ever thrown in his life, but there was only one way to be certain.

Sure.

She threw her dart after an adjustment, he threw his. Same time. His sailed through the air all wonky-like before spelunking in the wall right beside the balloon. Raena's had hit possibly just before his.

Dakarai, however, didn't look at his darts path. He shot Raena a wry smirk and slapped his hand on the counter, expelling the charge as his dart hit wood. The energy would release a minor shockwave that popped every single balloon on the wall and rattled nearby booths.

"So.. we each threw one dart and cleared the board. What prize does that qualify for?"

Raena Mirrsyn

What in Kress’ infinite asshole are you doing?Zaire asked incredulously

Marcella barely paid attention in their theology classes. She was unaware that Kress had an asshole at all. Even more surprising, it was infinite!

She simply nodded along and watched as Zaire demonstrated the proper way to throw the balls at the game they'd chosen. One second he was standing still, leveling his breath, and the next he was up like a bird preparing for flight. It was very impressive to watch, even if she knew she'd never be that graceful.

"Wow that was great," she said as the ball bounced away and tumbled towards Remi and Ysobel, "much better than me."

Her words weren't sarcastic, although they certainly sounded like it, she truly did think Zaire had outperformed her. Which wasn't much of a task. Everyone always outperformed her.

"Yeah, third try should be a bit better, maybe you shou-," her pupils went wide as Ysobel shouted over towards them. "Sorry! So sorry! It won't happen again!"

Ugh. She wasn't built for this. With her next ball Marcella simply tossed it gently, not really caring if it went into any of the hoops but rather more concerned with not bothering anyone else. After all, it didn't really matter. She knew there was no chance of her making it into one of the goals.

"One point!" the person running the sideshow announced just as Marcella turned around to see that her gentle throw had somehow meandered its way into the furthest hoop.

Pfft. They weren't training Silas to be a gentleman. They were training him to be a fighter, and Silas could fight damned good. The young man had absolutely zero illusions that there was a happy life, a beautiful woman and a couple of kids in his future. Those prospects had been stolen away by the sharp ears that had killed his folks and landed him in the custody of the Guard.

Artesto meant what he'd said about letting fun slip by. His future might have been predetermined, but his present was in his own hands. It'd be stupid not to take advantage of that. So why not have a little fun and get some extra coordination training in at the same time? Speaking of fun...

Cassi was nailing every bottle she threw at, not surprisingly at all. Silas had figured it would be a literal breeze to use her talents to correct any errors in her aim in mid-air. It was impressive, and when she'd gotten a perfect score to nobody's shock, she was allowed to pick a prize out of a small selection of random bric-a-brac. Silas clapped, stepping forward as she chose her prize and leaping over the rope that separated the thrower from the bottles.

"Hey, what do you think you're doin' kid?!"

Silas had wrapped his arms around the little stall the bottles were stuck in and begun pushing it out of the small area cleared for the game. "You're game is boring, way too easy. I'm improving it." The blonde-haired initiate took down the ropes and turned back to Cassi, standing in what was now a wide open area in front of her.

"How about we turn this up a little, Cassi? Take some more rings and try to throw them to where I can't catch them. We can even put a little wager on it, if you want?"

Cassi Azura

Perci couldn't help catch his gaze lingering on her knife. A small frown drew on her big lips. But she nodded as he agreed to the rides. Their safety looked questionable at best. And they all looked like they went in a circle in some form or another.

Pausing, she looked up at one. It looked like the deck of a ship with chairs to sit in and straps to supposedly keep the rider in. Pendulums upon levers made it go back and forth to the point of going upside down. Perci hesitated. She wasn't usually scared but this...

A look cut to Corvus. "I can watch and hold your stuffed toy if you'd like?"

That was a good enough excuse not to have to go on that, right?

Corvus looked up at the ride with a big smile on his face. This was perfect. Nothing like getting the blood pumping by experiencing some near-death.

A look cut to Corvus. "I can watch and hold your stuffed toy if you'd like?"

Perseus' fear did not register with Corvus at all. He looked over at her in surprise. "What, and miss out on this? I wouldn't do that to you...You can hold the bird during the ride though."

She must have just really liked the bird. She could have it then. He could always win another prize, besides she had been nice enough to win it for him in the first place, so the least he could do is be nice enough to give it back.

He handed off the bird to her, before taking her hand and moving to take their seats on the ride. Corvus called out to the operator.

"Maximum speed!"

Perseus

• Facepalm
Reactions: Dakarai and Zaire
Raena's scowl deepened at Dakarai's dart seemed to do the same thing hers had. She did not have time to dwell on the obviously rigged game when her partner slapped the counter. She should have known something was coming when he had given her the smirk that every mischievous teenage boy seemed to master.

The slap sent a wave of power towards the balloon wall and she watched with her own wry smirk as each balloon popped. It was loud and it was disturbed not only their game but some of the ones around them.

Yes...this is why Dreadlord Initiates should not be allowed to have fun days like this. They would always find a way to make it their kind of fun instead of the type of fun normal people liked.

"So.. we each threw one dart and cleared the board. What prize does that qualify for?"

Raena chuckled and the nice older lady looked agitated at the fact that her booth was destroyed unless she wanted to blow up all the balloons again.

"Take whatever you want," she groused at the teenagers. "One thing each, you heathens!"

Raena pursed her lips so she wouldn't laugh again. It failed to stop the noise though.

Dakarai

• Facepalm
Reactions: Zaire
"Hey, what do you think you're doin' kid?!"

Honestly, Cassi was wondering the exact same thing. She had won so why was he hoping over the rope. He started moving the bottles and clearing the booth of the actual game. Cassi watched in horrified amusement.

"How about we turn this up a little, Cassi? Take some more rings and try to throw them to where I can't catch them. We can even put a little wager on it, if you want?"

"What? Um...sure..." she threw an apologetic look at the poor man who was just red and flustered now. "What do you want to bet?"

If Silas wanted to be treated like a dog fetching a ball then she would acquiesce.

Silas Artesto

• Facepalm
Reactions: Zaire
Remi cocked his head slightly, the tresses of his hair shifting just so. Ysobel was being thorough, quite thorough, about the suggestion. There were a fair number of other Initiates who would have ran away with their impulsiveness, likely spitting out the first name that came to mind. It was endearing, the amount of consideration she was putting into this.

His eyes betrayed that he was counting and keeping track of all the names mentioned. A lot of their fellows had been ruled out. Remi had been vaguely interested to see if Ysobel could actually hit Silas, and how Silas might react if he was hit, but that was not an option anymore.

However...

"Could I suggest Flavien?"

Remi pointed, though he hardly needed to. Who did not know of Flavien, the Initiate with the platinum blonde hair and an ego so massive he could hold up the sky with it? He spoke of himself constantly. Even now, Ambrosie, with whom he had been teamed up with via Proctor Melina, was getting her ear talked off by him about how good he was at horseshoes and she was looking worn down already.

Remi just disliked the other boy on principle. His incessant boasting was grating to his ears, much like it was to Ambrosie's own now.

"I cannot be the only one annoyed by his boorish mannerisms."

Ysobel