Fable - Ask Bros Before Dying in a Siege

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Talus shook his head as he shifted slightly and pulled himself up against the pillows behind him. "I don't doubt that."

Zana was most definitely correct about that.

Vel Anir did not forgive cowardice, never would. That was something that was drilled into Guardsmen and Civilian alike. One did not run away. The Nobility, it seemed, was not taught that same lesson. At least no the Governors ilk.

"But." He said with a frown, glancing towards Landon. "I think I overstepped my boundaries."

His head shook. "If I was an ordinary Dreadlord I doubt anyone would mind, but I'm a Guardsmen too."

"That means right now this city belongs to the Guard, and..."
He grimaced. "I'm worried about what that will mean."

The Guard had never controlled a city, not in the history of Vel Anir.

• Cthulhoo rage
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Zana and Landon
"Bless you, lass," Landon pushed himself free from the chair with a grimace, running a hand through his unkempt black hair. "Starving."

Literally.

He quickly plucked some meats, cheeses, bread, fruit, and a meat pie onto his plate. Then slumped back into that chair. He quickly shoveled some of it into his mouth, trying not to eat too fast. Knowing his stomach would regret it later.

"Dragon's beard, that's good. Mmmmfff," he couldn't help the sounds of ecstasy coming from his mouth, even amidst Talus' plight. Pale blues lifted as he brushed his fingers along his uniform.

"You've got witnesses. Not just those of us in the guard to back you. The people too. And they'll recognize what you did for them." Landon rose with a grunt of effort, cradling that plate of food.

"I think you two need some alone time." A wink their way. "And don't worry Zana. I would never betray Talus. Nor you." Hell, he'd been ready to die for his country too many times. Die for Talus. The bastard still had a higher who saves who's life more count.

Landon blamed it on the magic and considered it a form of cheating.

All jokes aside, Landon's face was set in serious lines as he held Zana's gaze. So she'd know. Perhaps one day trust him too.

• Sip
Reactions: Zana
Zana caught and held that gaze of Landon's like a lioness. The tension was thick in the room as silence descended like a smothering blanket. Even Talus probably wouldn't have been able to guess what she was going to say or do. Then she blinked the slow lazy blink of a predator deciding that today she would let the gazelle go rather than attack.

"I know," she said with upmost certainty. Whether that was because Zana would kill him before he had the chance or because she had seen enough of the future to determine his word was true... well that would be anyone's guess.

Her eyes shifted back to Talus as she quietly fed him the soup.

"You have overstepped," there was no point in being gentle about it. That was how the Houses would see it. "But, it is easily rectified. Give the Command over to me instead," she briefly looked to Landon to gauge his reaction. "We can say I either took it from you or that you did it on my orders anyway, either way, it would settle the Houses before they even caught more than a sniff of it."

• Scared
Reactions: Landon