Open Chronicles Bedtime Stories - Introduction to the Garou

A roleplay open for anyone to join
He chuckled a bit at her nervousness, "It's just a joke between me and Redemption. Many people find it strange and a little sad that a persons best friend is a horse instead of other people. So we play off of that and poke fun at each other."
Redemption laid down completely by the fire, its back to the entrance of the cave using its body to block the cold drafts. Even its size aside the horse didn't seem natural at all. Its eyes had a glow of intelligence, its movements and mannerisms nearly human, and its muscles and toning were impressive. The cold seemed to have no effect on it, as well as the heat.

Elijah went on, "But yes, you're right. I am lucky to have a friend like him. He's saved my life more than once."
Redemption nodded his head and then shook his mane with another snort.
"Alright, alright! You don't have to brag about it! It was only one time!"
He put a hand to his forehead and sighed, "He wants me to tell you about the time he actually stormed a keep to get me out of a dungeon..." He pointed at the horse meaningfully, "YES! It was a dungeon, not a prison!
But anyways, there was a witch that was summoning demons in the area and using their knowledge to further her work and magical experiments, in return she allowed them to run free. I stormed the keep first and fell into a trap... Seemed the witch really took a liking to me, especially because of my lineage, and wanted to "Breed" with me. Redemption stormed the keep then, killed the witch and got me out. But he keeps saying he broke me out of prison and saved me in mid defilement by the guards. Half the horses in Arethil think I'm a bitch by now."

• Yay
Reactions: Fallon
Fallon watched the massive horse settle by the fire - she tried not to seem uncomfortable, but her distance was an obvious shift in her previously relaxed demeanour. The horse didn't seem bothered by her, but still, she'd learned the hard way to be wary of the creatures. She did chuckle however at the apparent rapport shared between the two, and she smirked as she listened to his story. Her smile faltered slightly as he spoke of the witch wanting to breed with him, and she tilted her head, her eyes a little glassy and distant as she recalled a memory that she'd rather have forgotten.

"I would be proud to have such a loyal friend in my pack." she smiled warmly to the horse"Though I doubt he'd enjoy the company of wolves so much." and returned her attention to Elijah with a chuckle as he spoke of his reputation amongst the equestrian community.

He shrugged. "Eh, Redemption is hardly a normal horse. He's stomped some wolves in the past, even some werewolves. But he used to be a Nightmare, you see. A demon horse of the underworld. So he really has no innate fear or animosity towards the common enemies of horses, though he does take issue with griffons who see him as a hulking feast.
The gods changed him and now he's a celestial horse. Really he has very little in common with normal horses of this world."
Redemption preened a bit at that last part.

Elijah settled a bit by they fire, letting the heat soak into him.
"So let me see if I have this straight. You come from a tribe of wolf shifters, the Garou. And it's been the mission of the Garou to hunt demons from the world. Does that about sum it up?"

His explanation of the horse's beginnings did nothing for to settle her wariness of the creature, and her brow creased at him in confusion "Changed him?.." her head tilted and she settled back into a crouch against the cave wall. "If the gods can change an infernal being like that then they'd save me a lot of work." she laughed under her breath

She grinned at his words about the Garou and dipped her chin in a nod "I tell stories and lore for hours at a time but yes... there you are saving me work again." she smirked "That about sums it up. It is why we were created. Our numbers are few, we don't breed too well but we are strong. We do much of our hunting beyond the veil, keeping the demons from escaping it into this world. Obviously, many do, and so we must hunt here also.. We are spirit walkers, able to travel between planes." she explained.

He looked at his sword still hooked on his belt and shrugged, "Well, it was the light the gods projected through me and my sword that really changed him, but credit where it's due."
He was getting more and more confident as the conversation went on. He felt like he was truly among friends here.
He poked the fire with a stick. It was pitch black outside besides the driving snow. It would be quite some time before he could command the weather again, and that was only if he got some rest.

He looked over at Fallon. She seemed less than comfortable by the wall, she really didn't like horses then.
Redemption slowly stood up and Elijah looked over, "What?... Keeping watch?... Oh yeah, of course you don't get cold. Just be careful alright?"
The giant horse nodded and then walked out of the cave. Evidently Redemption could feel Fallon's unease around him as well, so he decided to step out of the picture.
Though he sent a parting message back at Elijah that made his face redden again.

Fricken magical horse.
Elijah spread himself out on the floor next to the fire and stared into its flames as his face slowly returned to its natural color. Of course the rules of chastity didn't apply to animals, the fricken stud thinks stables are brothels where the girls are desperate. Of course Redemption knew Elijah didn't appreciate him talking about it, still didn't stop the horse from giving him a hard time about it every once in a while.

The horse seemed calm enough, she could see that the beast was intelligent but still, her wariness of them was deep rooted. She smiled gently as Elijah spoke with it, just as she was guilty of speaking with her wolves without them having a voice to answer her back with.

She crawled back to the fire as the horse went back outside. "I hope he didn't leave on my account, there are many in the spine who would hunt him.. I should be getting back to the caern soon anyway, they tend to send out search parties when I don't return soon enough." she smirked and rubbed the heat into her bare arms. Fallon didn't feel the cold at all, but it didn't mean she didn't enjoy the warmth of the flames against her skin.

"Where will you go now?" she asked, her silver eyes flashing against the light as she tilted her head at him, her eyes wandering over his skin to see it's colour returning. "Better?"