Private Tales Bad Stakes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Isak pulled Eilerias closer, hugging her tightly and holding her head against his chest as if he was shielding her entirely, his size almost covering her. He still felt horrified at her screams, after she had seen the brutality at display in that ritual. The blood, the bodies, and now the possessed corpse...

This seemed like more than just occultism. It felt like... necromancy. And for the first time, Isak started truly fearing for their safety, if the person behind all that trouble dabbled in both occultism and necromancy, manipulating such a powerful plague and even communicating through corpses. Perhaps the ritual gave it some sort of ground to convey its power, the skull serving like a amplifier, explaining how such dark magic was so heavily present there, even if the person behind it was nowhere to be found.

But it didn't explain the message from that rotten corpse, that their answers would be in Fal'Addas. Isak doubted that a necromancer could be hiding amongst the elves, for he knew it was a abominable practice for them as well. Necromancers were rarities, so few of them left in Arethil, their forbidden knowledge almost fading from existence, buried with their beloved corpses.

He knew of their power, though. Isak had even faced one before, his Master Atreon. At the bitter end, when they faced off against one another, the man revealed himself to be a powerful necromancer, and he harnessed magic from the living in order to fuel his dark spells. His magnum opus, as he called it, was to forge power from both the living and the dead, but he joined the ranks of the lifeless before he could fulfill such dream.

Isak preferred to keep those eerie thoughts to himself, and he was quick to agree with Eilerias as she begged him to return to Vel'Anir, before heading out to Fal'Addas. He gripped her hands tightly, trying to reassure her with his soft and passionate look, nodding at the priestess before they left the hut, leaving all those horrors behind.

The group managed to return to Vel'Anir a couple hours later, avoiding Stoneforge and the questions that Captain Ramsdale would ask of them. They still had much to process, and so much to think about, so no answer would ever be able to satisfy his curiosity. Isak hadn't let go of Eilerias' hand the whole way, feeling much more relieved when her face almost lit up with a sudden happiness once they laid their eyes upon Marionna's house, realizing that they were finally safe from those dark woods, but the reality was a bit more disappointed than they would've imagined.

They went inside to find a distraught Marionna, crying over a glass of ale as Eilerias rushed to her aid. Isak watched from across the room as she told her about her son, telling her that he had been struck with the plague, after foolishly wandering the forest. But Marionna did mention something interesting... That her son had spoken about his friends laying eyes upon zombies, or rather, undead. If so, the necromancer's magic ranged much farther than he predicted before. Eilerias looked at Isak as if he could concoct some sort of miracle solution to what ailed that woman, that he would cure her son with a snap of his fingers.

He truly wished he had that power.

Isak's face fell to disappointment, shaking his head slightly before heading towards the boy's room, leaving Eilerias and the rest of them to comfort Marionna. He was careful in opening the door, to not alarm the boy of his presence, before he went down on one knee and watched him upclose, struggling to breathe and drenched with sweat. The kid's eyes opened and he glanced at Isak like he would glance at a ghost.

"Mi-Mister Isak..." Isak nodded in response, before Devon coughed up some blood, groaning in pain. Isak carefully put his gloved hand on the boy's arm, squeezing it slightly. "Don't force yourself. Sylvanna and I will take care of this, I promise you."

The boy smiled at the mention of his half sister's name, even if the only explanation given to him by Marionna was that Eilerias was a distant relative of theirs, but she did seem to conquer them with her unwavering kindness, as she always did. "Your mother tells me that your friends found something in the woods. Undead, and that more people went missing. Is this true?"

Isak fell into his deep thinking once Devon confirmed that, and moments later Eilerias quietly arrived at that room, but her soft steps making enough noise that Isak would notice her presence. He could always sense when she was nearby, even without his necklace, connected to her ring. She looked so worried for that family, even after everything that had happened in her youth, but she knew those kids, and the rest of those people in the city, didn't deserve to suffer such a horrible fate, to die at the hands of a plague, without any reason other than the whims of a madman.

"We'll save him, my love. We'll save them all." He said as Eilerias reached for his embrace again, letting herself break down in his arms after having to feign so much strength in order to comfort Marionna. He felt guilty of bringing her back to Vel'Anir, of involving her in such a dangerous mission once again, but he could never succeed without her by his side.

They gave each other strength, even when there looked to be no hope left. They promised to face their shadows together, to face that wretched world together, and they would fight to fulfill that promise to the end of their lives.

Devon fell back to his sleep before even managing to speak a few words with Eilerias, and soon they left the room, and the house altogether, bidding farewell to Marionna and promising her that they would stop that plague and cure her son.

They went back to the small comfort of their room in that inn from before, to reflect about everything that happened in that strange day.

Eilerias was heartbroken as Isak shook his head, signaling there was nothing he could do to help the boy. A few tears fell from her eyes as she comforted Marionna, the woman rocking back and forth while declaring she was a terrible mother.

"Mother, please don't put the blame on yourself. The rumors were correct, but that does not mean any of this was your fault. No one could have predicted how close it had already gotten to the city." Her glowing hands dimmed.

"How else am I supposed to feel? I told him he could go play with his friends and only one has come back with a plague." Eilerias hugged the woman tightly to her, letting her cry as much as she needed to before she could explain their findings.

It took several minutes to calm her down, but she managed to get her to quiet as her magic reserves got low. "The plague...its not a regular illness." She began, holding onto Marionna's freezing hands. "Isak and Ogden predicted it was the product of occultism and we went to Stoneforge to investigate. There's...corpses and magic in the air. Father Rowan," She paused, thinking of the man who died in her arms. "He's gone." She took no notice that tears were running down her face.

Why was she crying over the person who led her to murder someone? Why did her heart break seeing the person who showered her with hate all those years ago die in her arms?

"The captain of the guards sent us out into the forest to get some information on a location they thought was involved in this plague. It was full of blood and bones and corpses. So many bodies." She clenched her jaw. "They are sacrificing children. I think that's what would have happened to Devon if he hadn't made it out.."

Marionna looked disturbed the more Eilerias spoke out loud. "Sylvanna, please help me save him." Her mother's eyes were bloodshot from how hard she had been crying. "Please."

"I am not sure it's that easy." She took a deep breath, before continuing. "This appears to be the work of a necromancer. An Elven necromancer. He was speaking through a corpse, something about restoring elven honor and being prepared for a war. We are leaving for Fal'Addas tomorrow to deal with this. If Isak is correct, killing the whoever is doing this should put an end immediately to this plague."

Marionna said several words of prayer as Eilerias stood from the table to check on Isak and Devon. She wanted to smile as Isak promised her that the boy would be saved, but she was unsure, twisting her ring nervously. She wouldn't say out loud that she was concerned about the pace at which the plague seemed to be working as she didn't want to worry the boy. "Of course we will." She responded, letting him take her in his arms.

She felt weak. Physically and emotionally exhausted after everything they had been through. "Please can we just go back now." Her voice was barely a whisper as Isak turned to leave. "Rest well, Devon." She said to the now sleeping boy before they made their way back to the inn.

Eilerias made her way straight to the bed as they entered their room, collapsing once again on the mattress. She didn't want to worry Isak with how low she felt her magic reserves were, but she knew he could tell she wasn't quite right. Her head began to ache and her vision was going a little blurry by this point.

"I think I need to stop comforting everyone." She tried to joke, letting out a quiet laugh. "People just seem to be too worried all the time. I don't think I even have enough magic to heal a small cut." She tried to push herself to her elbows, but lost that battle with herself. "I'm tired, Isak." Her arm went to her face to wipe at whatever was tickling her nose, but when she pulled her hand away it was covered with blood.

"Shit."

• Bless
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
They all walked back to the inn in silence, lost on their thoughts and doubts about what they had seen that day. The wrecked village, the foul ritual in the woods, and now the plague slowly sneaking its way inside the great walls of Vel'Anir, already leaving its stamp on Devon, only a child. And yet, their only clue was Fal'Addas, the old elven city, where Isak didn't know if they would even be welcomed at.

He could see that Lidia was still shaken after what what had happened, and he saw how Eilerias tried to comfort her, but what really caught his eye was the moment she faltered, the light in her hands dimming slightly for a second, and Lidia slowly but surely becoming calmer, at a much slower pace than the usual for her magic.

Isak's heart skipped a beat, worried about the exhaustion that Eilerias was possibly facing, having used much of her powers in the last few weeks, and also dealing with the fatigue from their training. She needed to rest, they all did.

They split themselves between their rooms, with Ogden shutting his door in a rush, still upset about the rituals and the situation at Stoneforge, Lidia quickly bolting to her own room and then Isak, closing the door to their room after Eilerias entered, almost immediately making her way to the bed, throwing herself at the comfort of those cold sheets and poor furs. It was a rainy night, and the windows were open, which made the place a bit more colder than Isak would've liked, but at least there were a few spare candles around the room, and he went to light them with fire coming out of his fingertip after taking out his coat.

He heard Eilerias trying to let out a joke as if to try and ease his worries, but as soon as Isak turned around, his face fell into desperation and he was left stunned, his eyes trembling in shock. The priestess must've noticed the strange way he looked at her, wiping her nose before also being left surprised once she saw the blood on her petite fingers. Isak rushed to her, sitting on the bed and holding her in his arms.

"Eile, what's wrong? Are you feeling any pain?" His voice was fast paced and heavy with worry. She looked more pale, and her skin was cold as he brought her closer to him, trying to warm her through the cold breeze. "You've been using too much magic, my love. Even before we got here, I could see that it was taking a toll on you." Isak said as he grabbed another pillow and set it behind them, carefully laying Eilerias to rest, but keeping his hand entwined with hers.

She tried to reassure him, to say that everything would be fine with only a few hours of rest, but Isak was as stubborn as she was, and he wouldn't give in this time. Gently, he put a few strands of her hair away from her eyes and caressed her cheek with his finger, his face still painted with fear after seeing her bleed. He had seen her bleeding before, back in Cerak, but even after all this time... Seeing her hurt and tired like this filled his heart with panic.

Isak himself was feeling the effects of the journey. He wasn't as invincible as his reputation led him out to be, and even with all his powers, his body was still as fragile as anyone's elses. He was feeling exhausted too, and his mind was still troubled by his short 'conversation' with that possessed corpse.

"We should stay here for tomorrow." She looked at him surprised, before Isak continued. "We all need some rest, Eile. I'm exhausted as well, Lidia is still paralyzed with horror and Ogden is a poor company with his mumbling and without his ale." He looked deep into her eyes, begging that she would agree with him and take the next day to recharge their energies before heading out to a place without any kind of certainty other than mystery and danger waiting for them. They couldn't possibly rid the land of that plague in that state, and certainly not if they were dead.

"It wasn't a request, my love. I'm staying right here in this bed with you, and you know you can't escape my arms so easily." He tried his best to show her a tiny smile, before laying next to her and pulling her closer, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead before taking a deep breath.

There were still so many questions, and not nearly enough answers...

Eilerias held her hand close to her face, her vision going a little hazy as she stared at the blood that covered it. "Huh?" She slowly turned her head to look at Isak as he pulled her to him. "I've seen this happen...with Gwendolyn." She let him put elevate her head with another pillow. "I think you're right. I've been using it a lot... between trying to keep Lidia calm, teaching her, and training with you...I'm a little worn out. Just let me rest a few hours, I'll be ready to leave in the morning."

She shut her eyes briefly, as he tried to convince her that they needed another day at the inn to physically prepare themselves for their journey. Her mind was tuning in and out of their conversation as she focused on the blood she could feel dripping from her nose and down her face.

It was a strange sensation, feeling as weak as she did now. Physically, she knew she was weak. She was small and fragile, but she did take solace in knowing her magic was fairly strong. For once, she felt as weak as her body was.

She smiled softly at Isak, trying to reassure him that she was okay but he refused her. She could feel his own fatigue and worry. "Fine..." She sighed weakly. "Very well. We can spend another day here." She laughed as he joked about her trying to escape. "Please...just don't let me go." She shut her eyes once again, falling into a deep sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

By the time Eilerias woke up, the room was empty and the sun was high in the sky. It must have been around noon or later, judging by how busy the streets were around the inn. She sat up in bed, looking for Isak as she put a hand to her face, wiping under her nose. It was clean. Isak must have wiped the blood away while she was resting.

She got out of bed, finding herself in a set of pajamas she didn't remember getting into. Isak must have changed her clothes as well to make sure she got a good rest. "Isak?" She yawned, making her way to a small trunk of belongings they brought to the inn from the caravan. She took out a dress that was more suitable for what she imagined the clothing of Fal'Addas to be. It was a long sleeved velvet material in a navy blue with the cuffs of the sleeves and a panel in the center broken up with gold detailing- similar to the one she wore in Dalanar. She braided a few strands of hair and tied the rest back into a half up- half down hairstyle she had seen drawn in one of Gwendolyn's books.

Voices from the floor below drew her attention away from the scuffed up mirror. "Sounds like everyone's awake." She patted the dress and slipped on heels before making her way down to the tavern below. She saw Isak and Ogden speaking with some other guests with Lidia close by, admiring some of the artwork that covered the walls. "Good...afternoon?" She guessed at the time, smiling as she approached the table. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sleep in so late. You should have woken me up!" She whispered to Isak as she took a seat beside him. She noticed they had been in the middle of a conversation when she interjected with her apologies. "Sorry sir, please continue." She apologized to the man Isak and Ogden were speaking with before she arrived.

• Cthuulove
"I'm not letting go of you, not ever."

He whispered close to her ears, his fingers softly tracing the lines along her cheek as Isak watched over her, watching Eilerias slowly fade into a heavy sleep. She deserved that rest. The last few weeks, or rather last few months, have been a turmoil, and Isak wasn't fond of shaking things up in his life - he preferred to keep it all tidy and controlled.

But from the moment he came back to Alliria from his travel, when she stepped inside his room and they shared their first words after so much time apart, he learned to love the uncertainty of the future. Before, he was too preocuppied with matters of business, alone in his world, the piles of papers on his office... Now, he enjoyed taking some time away from all that, to live with Eilerias one day at a time, and even when their adventures went outside their plans, he loved the thrill of it.

He wouldn't hide it from her, as if he ever could, that this venture to Vel'Anir had turned out much more dangerous than he had anticipated. Of course, they had their plans to wander into the Falwood in search of Fal'Addas before, but they didn't expect a powerful plague to be the greatest motive at the moment. The mysteries, the danger... It all excited him, travelling with his closest friends and the person he loved the most. He was rightly bothered by the fact that they were still at a loss about everything that was happening, and terrified of so many people losing their lives thanks to this unknown enemy, but at least he wouldn't have to face such things alone.

Smiling, Isak grabbed a nearby towel and carefully cleaned the blood off her face, taking his time so as not to wake her up. He tried to touch her face once more, to see if she would react, but Eilerias seemed so exhausted that she didn't even move. With this, he decided to take a set of pajamas from her belongings and change her, trying not to let his eyes linger for too long on her body, his cheeks turning red once he realized to where his lustful thoughts were taking him.

After he finished, and even more tired now, Isak took off his shirt and finally laid down next to her, snuggling his way to his side gently just as Eilerias slightly moved herself, mumbling something as she slept and rested her head on his shoulder. Isak could see her opening a faint smile, and he slipped away to his own dreams with that image on his head.

Isak took care not to wake her as he got out of bed, putting on his white shirt from last night and heading downstairs, giving a sleepy Eilerias one last look before he closed the door. He could see Ogden ordering some strong drink to wake him up, and asking one for Isak as he entered his sight, to which the young man promptly refused, settling for some cold water.

He wasn't a early drinker like his trusted dwarven friend.

They spent a few minutes talking over the counter, with Ogden asking if Eilerias was still sleeping, also worried that she had been clearly fatigued as of late, and Isak asking him if Lidia had gotten better after the events of yesterday, that left her shivering with fear and anxiety. The dwarf replied that he had woken up early and left some tea for her. "That was good of you, Ogden." Isak stated, a short smile on his lips as he took another sip of his water.

It was then that a old man arrived at the inn, his boots full of mood and sweat covering his face. He must've been out working with that terrible sun, but his trembling hands and bloodshot eyes led Isak to believe in something else. The innkeeper excused himself to tend to the man, named Ghenry, taking him a cup of water and leading him to sit at one of the empty tables. Soon, some of the other people there started doing the same, and Isak could hear them asking about what he had seen at the woods.

Isak and Ogden went on to sit at the table as well, introducing themselves as simple travelers with some business interest in Vel'Anir. They all started speaking about the plague, and one of them said that Ghenry had been out scouting the woods in search of any clues about what was happening.

"I saw what I saw. I saw them undead, their eyes were... blue, glowing. I saw one of them rising from the ground, and I think he saw me too, but..."

He paused, looking at Isak with fear in his eyes. "He... walked away, deep into the forest. I thought about following him, but I heard some screams." Isak felt someone reaching close to him as Ghenry stopped, and he turned to see that it was Eilerias, in a beautiful dress and in high spirits, like those extra hours of sleep was all she needed to be fully recuperated. He opened a shy smile, reaching for her hand as she sat next to him, apologizing for interrupting Ghenry and also complaining that Isak hadn't woke her up.

"You looked so beautiful in your sleep, I didn't want to disturb you." He whispered so that only she could hear, chuckling a bit as she blushed. They set their eyes on Ghenry once more, as he continued his tale. Ogden asked him about the screams, and the man had to take a few more glasses of water to go on, trembling as he remembered the dreaded sounds.

"There... There was a village nearby. A small one, not too many people living there. Think it was called Linefell. But when I got there... People were killing each other, the villagers, and the dead were rising and killing those who still lived. There was... a man, just standing there in the middle. He looked tall, and he was wearing some long robes, I couldn't even see his face."

Isak looked at Eilerias for a moment, intrigued. "Was this man controlling the dead? Perhaps casting some sort of spell?"

Landon seemed to know right then what Isak had been talking about. He nodded, before taking some more water. "He saw me, and his eyes were also glowing, but they were red. He looked like... death. That's when I knew that Linefell had been lost, and I ran away. Didn't look back until I saw the walls of Vel'Anir this morning. Linefell is not really far, and an army of undead... They're gonna kill us all!"

Last edited:
  • Stressed
Reactions: Eilerias
Eilerias blushed at Isak's comments as she took a seat beside him, nodding a hello at Ogden. She grabbed Isak's hands and held onto them as the man spoke, giving the stranger her full attention. She gasped as he mentioned the ordeal that took place in a nearby village, knowing which he was speaking of. "They're all dead?" She whispered in shock.

"The man..." She turned towards Ghenry. "How tall was he? How much taller than the average human would you reckon?"

"I...uhh..he was taller than I." Ghenry responded as Eilerias shot questions his way.

"You didn't see a face, but did you see ears?" She pulled her hair back to reveal her pointy ears. They were smaller than a full elf, but still pointed enough to be a good example. "Pointy ears, like mine?"

Ghenry looked confused, but nodded. "Maybe...looked like something up there." He commented, pointing at her ears.

Eilerias turned towards Isak once again. "That undead thing that spoke to us was right. Elves are trying to wage a war against the humans of Vel'Anir. They attacked the people who provide the repairs for infrastructure first." She looked worried. "It was a thoughtful move no enemy has ever attempted. They know the walls are strong enough to withstand magic, but if the walls cannot receive repairs, they are weak. Weak enough to destroy with magic."

Lidia rejoined the group as Eilerias addressed them in hushed tones, trying to prevent the other few people in the tavern from listening in on the conversation. "So now we have an ancient elven necromancer and an army of undead. What is the plan?" She scanned faces, hoping one of them had an answer.

The more they had begun to uncover with this strange plague, the more Eilerias worried for her and Isak's safety. Of course he could tell she was starting to get paranoid. They weren't exactly welcome in a place like Vel'Anir and if news of danger spread as quickly as gossip, they could be in an equal amount of danger from the citizens of Vel'Anir as they were from an elven necromancer trying to take down Vel'Anir.

She quickly recovered her pointed ear before another person there could confirm she wasn't human like them. "Isak, I think we are in danger here. If news spread that Elves are trying to break through the great walls, there's a very high chance we will be put in the same category as them. I've seen people executed in the streets over rumors. Its not safe here." She grabbed his hand tightly. "I think we should leave now and we shouldn't come back. Not for a while, at least." She stood from the table and pulled Lidia upstairs. "Anything we cannot carry on our person must be left here." She ordered, allowing Lidia to claim any small belongings in the small case she brought. Eilerias retreated to her own room and began rummaging through her case searching for the dagger that Isak had given her.

"It's not here..." She began tossing things on the floor, her voice growing frantic. "I know I packed it! Where is it?"

Last edited:
  • Nervous
Isak listened to Eilerias' words very carefully, keeping up with her thoughts regarding the recent attacks in nearby villages. Ghenry and the others also paid attention, looking intrigued as Eilerias supposed the cause of all that problem - elves.

For a moment, Isak desperately thought about warning Eilerias of danger of giving away that she was also of elven blood to a bunch of strangers that they had only just met, but she was adamant about making sure they were warned of the looming threat. An elven necromancer... Her assumptions made sense, given what they had found in that fisherman's hut in the Falwood, and now this strange cloaked man seemingly controlling undead to attack a village and claim more corpses.

The priest back at the mayor's house also spoke of a army of undead, and there were no other purposes for an army if not to wage wars. Still, Isak knew the stories about Vel'Anir and their impenetrable walls, holding on throughout the ages and withstanding many attacks. But also... there could be other ways to breach such defenses.

They knew that the plague was getting closer, and an army of undead was far more formidable than one made of common soldiers. With the Church of Light vacated and all their priests missing, the city was left without any holy defenses. He was sure there were other magical orders in Vel'Anir, elite soldiers wielding many strange magics, but he supposed they had their hands full with other matters, or else that plague and any other threats would already have been dealt with.

Having exhausted all his options, Isak realized they were alone in trying to stop that supposed war. And it all went back to this elven necromancer that Eilerias spoke of, and Fal'Addas. She was right, it would be too dangerous for them to remain in the city amid all that dooming gossip, and they had to reach Fal'Addas as quickly as possible.

He looked her in the eyes before speaking low. "We should go then." After her own agreement, the group left the table, leaving Ghenry and the others to reflect over that information while they headed to their rooms, to pack whatever they could carry that it wouldn't slow them down. Isak warned the innkeeper that they were leaving while Eilerias rushed to their rooms, picking up her stuff. Isak arrived to see her worried over losing her dagger, but he surprised her by approaching suddenly, having reached for something on his back.

Isak skillfully swung the dagger between his fingers multiple times, feeling its weight before stopping with the blade aimed at him, handing it out to Eilerias. "I kept it, just to make sure we wouldn't leave it behind if anything happened." She smiled out of relief, soon taking her dagger off his hands and watching it glow again as it felt her touch. Isak moved to grab his coat from the nearby chair and pack his other belongings, having warned the innkeeper that they would be back to collect the rest of their stuff once the threat had been resolved.

A few minutes later, and the group hit the road through the Falwood on foot. Isak knew they had to be quick but also careful to avoid any rogues, but that travelling at this time of day would be better than exploring that immense forest at night, risking to meet with any stray undead.

They spent a few days on that journey, with Isak and Ogden barely sleeping to keep watch over Eilerias and Lidia at their night camps, aware of the danger of sleeping in such a wide and unknown area, with no clear protection. Luckily, and also strangely, they hadn't found any bandits, which made Isak assume that most of them had ran away or fell victims to the plague and the undead, which were also nowhere to be found as they went deeper and deeper into the forest, eventually realizing the change in the scenery, how the trees looked more... lively, as they seemed to approach Fal'Addas.

And then, one morning, they saw it from afar. They hadn't been following the main road that led directly to Fal'Addas, afraid of any ambushes with the dangerous state of the Falwood, but now they could see the great Elven tree, Fal'Addareth, from far away, taking over the horizon and the whole landscape of the settlement. They could also see the twin stones, their magic warding the gates to last great elven city, while a few guards also patrolled the area.

"Let's not raise any suspicions for now. We're here as simple travelers, merchants even, but we lost our cargo to a ambush in the woods. Fal'Addas welcomes all kinds, but we don't know how they're reacting to the threat in the forest yet."

Isak went over his plan for them to be welcomed into Fal'Addas again. He was aware that the settlement, although mostly inhabited by elves, was open to all races, without prejudice. If they were to discover more about this mysterious elven necromancer, they would have to fit in and search for information, before raising any concerns of another war between elves and humans, even if the Elders of Fal'Addas were somehow behind all this, a thought that hadn't left this mind.

Isak was always well prepared for every outcome.

After making sure everyone was ready, Isak and Eilerias led them to the gates as they were greeted by two guards, who lowered their weapons as soon as they saw Eilerias and her pointy ears, recognizing her as one of them. "Wait, we know of you. Four travelers..."

The guards spoke before Isak could have any chance of introducing them to their little charade. "Lord Elyon warned that you were coming. Please, strangers, if you would accompany us to Elyon's court. It is imperative that he meets you."

Isak and Eilerias looked at each other for a moment, confused. How could someone be expecting them at that place? Unless, whoever spoke with them back in the woods was truly nearby... Without any other options, they agreed to be escorted by the guards, taking notes of the great elven city while every other civilian went on about their daily business like they weren't even there.

Eilerias rummaged frantically through the small chest they brought, tossing their clothes and other belongings onto the floor. How had she managed to lose the dagger? It was the one thing Isak told her to be extremely careful with because it was obviously tainted with magic that reacted in harmony to her own.

"Where is it!? Where-" Isak's footsteps approaching made her turn around. She was afraid to tell him she lost the dagger somewhere between the Raven Club and Vel'Anir, but the mischievous smile on his face as he pulled something from behind his back saved her. She got back to her feet and carefully grabbed the dagger, concealing it in a hidden part of her dress. "You can't see the glow right?" She spun, getting confirmation that it was concealed well before they joined Ogden and Lidia downstairs to set off for Fal'Addas.

Eilerias could tell Isak and Ogden were worried about rogues or undead that may attack their group, especially during the night while they slept in the open forest. However, she felt very comfortable. There were many moments she slept in this forest during her youth, enjoying the peace it brought her. Perhaps her mother named her right, she was meant for the forest.

She had taken care to remain as regal as one could look while spending nights in a forest. She knew the elves were a race which expected appearances to be a certain way. While Lidia had branches in her hair and dirt on her clothes, Eilerias took the time to dust off her dress and brush her hair.

Finally, one morning, the branches of Fal'Addareth began to take over and they knew they had finally arrived to their destination. Eilerias nodded as Isak spoke up with a story of who they were and what happened in the forest. "I wonder if they even know of a threat in the forest yet." She commented quietly as they approached the gates. She looked at Isak as the guards said something about expecting four travelers matching their description. She looked confused, trying to figure out how someone could have been expecting them. They had been careful to not raise too much suspicion in Vel'Anir.

Could Ghendry somehow have sent word faster than they were able to get there? She wondered momentarily before she spoke up for the group, feigning a more posh and elven accent that she usually used to mock Isak with. "Yes, Lord Elyon should be expecting us. We were due to arrive days ago but unfortunately..." she waved her hands towards the group which appeared a little more dirty. "Our caravan was attacked by theives and damaged badly so we had to make much of the journey on foot." She sighed, hoping the guards would take pity on the distressed girl. "Perhaps you can send someone to repair the caravan? It's only a little while that way." She pointed off in a random direction.

The guards were fooled by Eilerias' story, and a few agreed to go check out the disturbance. She winked at Isak, proud of herself taking control of a situation where they started out disadvantaged.

Two guards just slightly taller than Isak escorted them through the city. Eilerias tried not to look too excited, but it was hard not to as she saw the architecture of her own blood for the first time. It was beautiful. She admired the buildings grown into the great city and the gorgeous people that surrounded them, yet took no notice of their presence.

It took about a half hour for the group to finally arrive at a large elven home with massive roots, some of which curled around and formed a grand staircase up to the door. Before they reached the top stair, the large door swung open and a tall and lean elven man stood before them.

Eilerias stared at him, taking in the details that others may find unimportant. His hair was long, cascading past his shoulders, and snow white-like hers. He wore deep wine red robes that flowed all the way to the floor. His eyes... She stared into them, admiring them. They were perfectly golden green, like turning leaves....just like hers.

"Just as I expected, the four travelers are here!" The man greeted them in a warm, comforting voice. "Come in, come in!" He motioned them to the door as they awkwardly made their way up and into the home.

Eilerias entered first, enamored by the plants that covered much of the large foyer. She could see servants taking care of their duties occasionally as they walked past an archway into another area of the house. Lord Elyon led them towards a large room with a fireplace. Normally, Eilerias would laugh and question the need for a fireplace in a house made of a tree, but she didn't want to get in the stranger's bad graces before they even had a chance to meet.

Elyon lit a few candles around the room, bringing a bit more light to the room. "So, tell me, Sylvanna. What brings a dwarf, human, and two half-elves to Fal'Addas at this time?" He raised an eyebrow observing Eilerias' reaction to his knowledge of her name. He also noticed Isak look uncomfortable. "You have nothing to fear, half-elf. I could feel your blood from miles away. You don't need to hide your true self here."

"What? I..Uh.." She stuttered. "How...How did you know that name?" She tilted her head, shifting nervously in her seat.

"My dear Sylvanna, is it really not that obvious to you?" Elyon pulled her out of the chair and in front of a mirror to make her look at the odd similarities between the two of them. Elyon's mouth curled into a bittersweet smile. "I am sorry my Sylvanna. I haven't been a very good father to you." He allowed her to sit down.

Father? What the hell is he talking about? Eilerias thought to herself, her confused expression clearly visible. I only just met my mother and now I have a father too? Neither of which wanted me?

"I do apologize Sylvanna." He sounded sad as he spoke. "I was unaware of your existence until recently, myself. Your mother...Marionna..." He looked down, frowning. "She was my..." He paused. "She was a servant here many years ago. We met during our youth and fell in love. We were engaged and she disappeared before the wedding...Left the ring on the bed and never came back." A single tear fell from his eye as he told Eilerias more details of her mother.

"I heard a rumor from one of the guards, stationed in Falwood of a half-elf who looked just like me." He smiled softly. "I didn't think it was true, but I could feel your presence. I had to find out if it was true. I can feel your blood...my blood. We are connected Sylvanna." He hugged his daughter. "Please you and your friends..."

"This is Isak, Ogden, and Lidia." She responded quickly, getting overwhelmed by all of the information she was receiving. She twisted the ring on her finger nervously, not noticing that Elyon was staring at it for a few moments, likely connecting a link between Eilerias and Isak.

• Popcorn
Isak was very surprised to see Eilerias picking up some of his shady skills, going as far as fooling a few of those guards into looking out for the 'wagon' that was left in the woods, ambushed by thieves. The guards seemed well informed about Isak and the rest of the group, and even if the reason for that was still unknown to him, Isak was pleased to see that Eilerias' bluff had worked.

The remaining guards took them through Fal'Addas, where they marvelled in the beauty and peculiar architecture of the city, with vast tree branches holding entire houses and other buildings. Much of the city seemed quite modern, as if the elves had kept up with the evolving changes of time, but still retaining many of its ancient aspects. They could see many other humans, dwarves and even orcs amongst the elves, going on about their daily business without a fuss, and never looking at the group strangely.

It was almost refreshing to behold something like this, after the odd looks given to them in Vel'Anir. At least in Fal'Addas, people weren't so resentful of the past, and welcomed new beginnings with open arms. It led Isak to warm thoughts, especially after seeing how excited Eilerias looked as the guards showed them around, even telling them brief stories about the elven monuments and their lost lore. Even speaking of the war against the humans, Isak could feel no bitterness or poison coming from their words.

They were... at peace. So why did that corpse spoke of reclaiming the elves' lost honor? Why did the priest talked about a army of undead in the woods, moments before he passed away?

There were so many missing pieces of that enigma, and Isak hoped they would figure it out soon. They couldn't get distracted by the peaceful beauty and calm splendor of Fal'Addas and wondering what kind of easy life they could lead there, even if the thought had crossed Isak's mind for a bit, whenever Eilerias reached for his hand and pointed at one of the magnificent buildings in the distance.

Shortly afterwards, they arrived at a manor, probably the place where this Lord Elyon lived. The guards spoke highly of him. They said he was one of the closest allies of the Elders of Fal'Addas, a ancient member of the nobility of the settlement and a very wise elf, even hailed as a hero. He had much influence over the city, but a line was drawn on his power as soon as it went over to the Elders' reach, and Isak had heard the stories about their status amongst the elven kind.

They were respected almost as gods, and their word was final on many decisions, even shaping destinies. Isak had spent the whole travel to Fal'Addas thinking of ways to get close and investigate the Elders if necessary, imagining how he could gain their trust and their help in dealing with the plague and the undead menace, but he was also wary that they could perhaps be involved in all that.

The guards led Isak and the rest of the group to the manor's door, being greeted by a tall man in decorated robes, and it didn't even take his introduction for Isak to know that he had to be Lord Elyon. He led them inside his beautiful house, lighting up a few candles as they reached one of the rooms. Eilerias seemed very impressed by all the plants and different arts around, but Isak kept a rough look on his face, focused on the man, until he was surprised to show knowledge about Isak's elven heritage. But before the young man could ask him any questions, Elyon spoke to Eilerias, addressing her as Sylvanna.

He took Eilerias to a mirror, showcasing their uncanning resemblance. Isak was left as stunned as Eilerias when Elyon called himself her father, and he went on to tell them the details about Eilerias' origin, and his tragic story with her mother, Marionna. Isak did wonder though, why the woman failed to mention anything of the stort when they were in Vel'Anir, especially due to the fact that she still lived quite close to her former lover. After Eilerias walked back to Isak's side to introduce them, Elyon shot them a warm smile, offering them a few glasses of a drink that looked strange enough to be elven.

It looked a bit less darker than wine, and yet it tasted so sweet, almost like sugar mixed with some cold water. "I can see that my daughter is also meddled in the beautiful matters of love. It is so fortunate for us to meet then, Mister Isak!" He raised a toast to them, with Isak and Eilerias looking at each other for a moment, unsure of how he knew they were together. Almost like he was reading their minds, he pointed at Eilerias' ring. "I can see that it is very similar, although not really of elven work. It is very remarkable, and certainly a fitting gift to my daughter." Elyon sipped some of his drink before smiling again, looking genuinely happy at their presence there.

He called them over to his enormous dining room, asking for them to take their seats to enjoy some dinner. "Please, allow me to serve you with some food and drink. It must've been a very tiring and dangerous journey, but the roots of Fal'Addas are nothing if not secure. You will have nothing to fear here." After his words, Isak decided not to make little of the man's hospitality, but he still had many questions about the whole situation, and why he had never gone to find Eilerias, if already knew of her existence.

"Is it worry over my blessing to marry Sylvanna what troubles your mind now, Mister Isak?" He was suddenly whiskered away from his thoughts by Elyon's playful words, followed by a short laugh from the man. Eilerias looked a bit marvelled at the fact of having met her father, but she did look a bit uncomfortable as well, or perhaps also clouded with doubts and many questions, looking over at Isak many times while they were eating. Isak put his hand over hers, seeking to give her a small comfort for the time being, before focusing on Elyon again.

"Not a trouble, but rather a thought, Lord Elyon..." He started, while Elyon looked at him, patiently waiting. "Why have you brought us here? If only to meet your daughter, I'm certain you could've made such effort many years ago." Isak sounded almost a bit too bitter, having known of how Eilerias suffered after being abandoned in her youth, but he was also pleased with himself for making sure Elyon fell into deep thoughts after his question, before the ancient elf took one more drink.

"Your reputation as a shrewd businessman precedes you, Isak Lavelle. Straight to the point then, I suppose." Somehow, he also knew more about Isak than he seemed to let on. Elyon stared at them quite seriously this time, making sure to relay the importance of what he was about to say. "There is a grave matter to be resolved in my great city. A matter that speaks of treachery and corruption."

He put his hands together for a moment, still looking at Eilerias and Isak. "I know you've come to be rid of the plague assailing the countryside, and rightly so, but there is something else. A conspiracy... whispers of war. There are some elven brothers around, hidden deep in their circles of shadows and lies, who seek to engage our neighbors in another senseless slaughter. As a ally of this city and its Elders, it is my duty to see it protected, but I will need your help to quench this fire. I ask you now, on both of your elven blood... Will you help Fal'Addas?"

Isak still had his many doubts over the man, but he assumed that having such an ally would certainly help in dealing with the plague, and if the threat in the woods was also tied to this conspiracy in Fal'Addas, there was much to be gained from this. Isak looked over to Eilerias, looking for her approval. After taking his hand and giving him a short smile, Isak knew that she also wanted to help her people, their people.

"Very well, we will help."

"Then you shall have my blessing after all, Mister Isak." Elyon spoke with another of his warm smiles. "Come, I will show you to your chambers. I wouldn't dare to let my new friends stay in one of our taverns, as comfortable as they are. After all, the elven hospitality is well known throughout Arethil!"

Elyon led them to a long corridor with many rooms, motioning Lidia and Ogden to their respective rooms, while leaving a bigger room at Isak and Eilerias' disposal.

"I have some matters to attend to with the Elders, but I shall return shortly, with plans to deal with our common threat. In the meanwhile... Feel free to explore my home."

• Bless
Eilerias blushed, looking away Lord Elyon as he toasted to her and Isak's love. She sipped the strange drink, enjoying the unique sweetness rather than the bitterness of wines she had tried at the Raven Club. She swirled the pale pink liquid in the glass, admiring how her ring looked on the hand that held the glass. "Isak had the ring made by one of the finest blacksmiths in Arethil," She smiled at Isak, hoping he wouldn't be upset that Ogden spilled the details on her ring on one of the nights Isak managed to fall asleep before the others.

"Thank you, "She paused, unsure if she should call him father or Lord Elyon.

"You can call me father my dear Sylvanna." He responded before she could continue as if he read her mind.

"Thank you for your kindness father." She smiled as she followed him to the dining room. While Isak kept his focus towards Elyon, Eilerias' attention was drawn to the ornate details of the woodwork and art once again. She nearly choked on her food as Elyon asked about Isak's worries, but Isak's hand calmed her down and she composed herself, laughing lightly.

She was quiet for most of the talk between Elyon and Isak, making mental notes here and there to ask Isak about things later when they were in the comfort of the inn again, until there was mention of the plague. She leaned in, her elbows on the table, as she listened carefully. "Of course, father, we are here to help." She assured him and Isak that she was more than willing to do whatever it took to end this plague.

The remainder of the meal was filled with surface level questioning. Eilerias told Elyon of life in Alliria. She mentioned her work in the church briefly, which he seemed fascinated by. Isak had to stop her from telling her entire spiel about Sol'Nityr and the light, having heard it dozens of times before. As it ended, Elyon led them from the dining room to a corridor adorned with the same ornate detailing in the woodwork. At the end of the hall, he motioned different rooms to the members of the party and they dispersed, Eilerias and Isak heading to the same large room.

"Farewell father." Eilerias smiled waving a small goodbye.

"Namárië." He responded, bowing before her, saying his farewell in the elven language.

She shut the door behind her and turned to face the room. It was surprisingly light, with white walls and huge windows that let light flood the room. "It's so beautiful." She remarked, walking to the bed. It had wooden posts that reached well above her and Isak's heads, which lacy white curtains hung from. In the wood, there were similar carvings to those which spread through the manor walls. Up close, she could make out some strange symbols and what appeared to be branches and leaves.

"How strange is this?" She asked, turning to face Isak. "Meeting both my parents in the same few days? People I had no idea even existed." She shook her head in disbelief. "And they both know me by my birthname." In all honesty, Eilerias was extremely overwhelmed by all of this. The people who abandoned her, the two people she longed for her entire life just happened to show up at roughly the same time.

Why now did they choose to make such an appearance in her life?

Why didn't they want me before?

She felt a few tears creeping up as she got lost in her thoughts. "I'm sorry." She apologized, wiping the tears away. "It's just so..." She sighed. "How could they just leave me?" She made her way over to the window, looking out at a courtyard. There were servants walking around carrying various goods from one area to another and strange plants she'd never seen before.

"We should have a look around." She turned suddenly, making her way to the door again. "We might not have another chance to see my father's house, lets snoop." She smiled, grabbing his hand as she passed him. She opened the door and the two made their way back through the corridor. She gently traced her finger along the carved branches on the wall as they made their way to the first door. She opened it quietly, peeking inside before opening enough for Isak to see as well.

"Wow." She whispered, walking across the room. It appeared to be a trophy room, filled with stuffed creatures, both familiar and unfamiliar to Eilerias. "Poor bear." She patted the stuffed cub on it's head as though she could provide some solace for the creature. "I know Elves are known for archery skills, but he didn't really look like a hunter." She commented as she made her way to another creature. "A griffin?" She asked Isak, pointing it out. "How peculiar."

The pair spent a few more minutes admiring his collection of creatures foreign to Falwood before leaving and walking towards another room. They peaked in many rooms, but quite a few appeared to be dedicated to storage or entertaining guests. They made their way towards the western wing of the house and approached one of the final doors in the hall. Carefully, the opened it and to their surprise, it wasn't yet another storage room. It was a library. The candles were already lit, bringing attention to the many cobwebs scattered about the room.

Though it was dusty and full of webs, Eilerias was still astonished by it's beauty and intricacy. It was larger than Gwen's archives, books filing every bookshelf. The books which could not fit, were stacked in large towers, few with candles on top. "How many books does one elf need?" She asked, glancing over some of the titles. "Basilisks, Wyverns, and Dragons." She pulled one book out and flipped it open, admiring the artwork depicting the beasts from the title. "I wonder if he's got anything in here to help us figure out more about the plague. I'm really not sure what I can do, as a healer. The rest of the church is dead and I don't think I'm as useful in combat or magic as some of them. I pray my father can help us fight this necromancer. Surely he must know what to do." She set the book back in its spot and continued skimming through some of the books. "Where to next?" She turned toward Isak who seemed to be caught in his own thoughts as he looked at the books.

• Bless
Gwendolyn's archives had always been hailed as one of the most beautiful and interesting locations he had ever come across, but standing now in that immense hall with countless shelves filled with books surrounding him from the ground up to many floors above them, Isak could say that Elyon's library could certainly rival that of his long term associate and information broker.

They had been exploring several parts of the manor, taking the time to enjoy those small distractions after Elyon gave them the freedom to roam around his house, surveying his many prized possessions, many of which Isak had never seen alike, even in all his travels. He was almost sure that many of those artifacts were of elven origin, and they looked like a important collection to Elyon, which made sense that nothing of their likeness had never reached the hands of humans and other races outside Fal'Addas.

He could recognize some old trinkets of other origins, such as a old dwarven battlehorn, from a age long past, recalling some of Ogden's stories about how the dwarves were always at each other's throats for the pettiest matters, but when the horns of battle sounded forth, they would band together like bloodbrothers, and raise their axes to fight any enemies. Ogden had told him that many of that old lore had been lost to the ages, much like the elven lore, and that of many other races with the passage of time.

As a wise man once told him, time is the only enemy that can never be beaten. You may fool it for a fleeting moment, and even seek to manipulate it, but time always has the final word, and it's never too kind.

After they reached the library, Isak and Eilerias started going through some books that they found interesting, if only to take a quick look at their content before putting them back on their places. He could hear Eilerias talking about a book that grabbed her attention, something about dragonkind, but his eyes had been seized by a most interesting volume.

A book, covered with golden leaves and a paper so thin that one would feel afraid to touch it, as to not reduce it to ashes. It didn't look worn out due to the time, but it was kept in the protection of what looked like a special glass, probably made to secure it from wear and tear. He didn't know much elven, but by piecing some of the words present there together, Isak figured out what exactly the book was about.

Elven lore, the written passages of the past, of things that they had never known.

After calling him many times, Eilerias finally gave in and joined Isak at his side, looking marvelled at the book, as if she instantly recognized it as well. She reached for Isak's arm, her eyes sparkling with excitement and curiosity, as Isak gave her a small smile. "The lost history of our people, Eile... Dalanar, the battles, what they left behind, it must be all there."

So close... and yet so out of reach. They didn't want to touch the glass, afraid that they could disturb something and even ruin the book. But perhaps, he could ask Elyon for another favor, if only to see Eilerias smile as happily as she did now, wanting to read more of the old lore. She didn't even need to say or ask anything, Isak already knew exactly what she wanted and he would do everything to please her.

"I'll ask your father, once he comes back. Even if there's a plague to be dealt with first, we can't turn down the opportunity to read more of our own history, to know what has been forgotten." He said, smiling blissfully as she seemed to agree with him after some reluctance over asking something from her newly discovered father. Isak slowly ran some of his fingers over her face, feeling her soft skin as they held each other in a warm embrace in the middle of all those books and artifacts.

Isak suggested that they search some books related to blood rituals, necromancy and the use of magic to nullify those dooming effects, thinking of ways they could use their power to push back the plague and also deal with the undead, before the entire Falwood could be conquered by death. Walking together, hand to hand, while marvelling at some more beautiful details of that grand library, Isak and Eilerias eventually stumbled upon a large section of arcane knowledge, with countless books related to the manipulation of magic, in its many forms and elements. It was there that they found what they were looking for.

They both grabbed two books each - one talking about the study of necromancy, the other with intrisecate researches about diseases and plagues, and how they can affect many races differently, a third volume talking about the essence of magic and how to wield it to combat other harmful magics and a fourth one about the study of medicine in combination with arcana, something that Isak figured it would be useful to Eilerias. He remembered her saying before that even as a healer, her powers were so effective that she had never gotten around to study more about the body, be it human or not, so that she could better understand the extent of some illnesses and injuries.

She was as dedicated a student as one could ever find, and it brought him great joy to be able to help her in those matters.

After grabbing the books, they went back to their room, sealing those grand doors behind them and taking some time to inspect the beautiful decorations of that place. The room was of a unique beauty, with soft colors and furniture that even resembled a bit what they found back in Dalanar, the elven resemblance being uncanny amongst those objects. The room was quite big, and although lacking a big bathtub or a bed as big as what they had back in Alliria, it was certainly far more comfortable than the inn in Vel'Anir.

Elyon's servants also left some food and water in a few elven glass plates for them in a nearby table, also made of light elven glass, with gold etched in the borders. Isak ate a few grapes, playfully giving some of them to Eilerias as well as she tried to focus on reading her new book, already captivated by all those writings.

"Are we really spending the rest of the night buried deep in these books?" He asked, almost a bit too provocative, a cheeky smile on his face as he passionately looked at her.

Isak had been focused on finding a solution for their problems, but it had also been quite some time since him and Eilerias had a bit of peace or amusement for themselves, ever since they started that journey.

And after all, they had quite a bit of time on their hands before Elyon would come back from his business.

Eilerias cautiously approached Isak, who was peering into a glass display containing a book Eilerias recognized quickly to be of ancient Elven origin. "Gwen would have killed for something like that." She commented as she admired the beauty of it from behind the glass. "The lost history..." She repeated after Isak, leaning in to read the title. She sighed and commented, "If only we could read in our ancestors language." She smiled as Isak thought of asking Elyon for the favor of taking it out for them. "He would have to read it, too, unless you know someone else who is fluent in the language." She laughed.

She quickly agreed when Isak suggested looking for information on the plague and made her way up and down ladders, grabbing whatever seemed to fit the description Isak sought after they reached the section containing arcane knowledge. She settled on two books, while Isak chose another pair. She eyed the book about medicine, excited to learn something useful in her line of work that came from education rather than divine intervention.

Books in hand, she followed as Isak led the two of them back to the room. "I hope Ogden and Lidia are enjoying themselves." She mentioned quietly as they passed their doors. "We will have to check in with what we find out later so they are on the same page." She took in the extravagant room's details once again noticing things she didn't at first glance. The room smelled like sage incense, which was very pleasant.

She jumped up on the bed after tossing the books up and waited for Isak to join her as she cracked open the first one. "Didn't we just eat?" She laughed as Isak made his way into the bed carrying the tray of grapes along with his books. She laughed as he distracted her, dangling the grapes in front of her and feeding her some. "I'm trying to concentrate." She smacked his hand away, laughing.

"What do you mean, Isak?" She asked, tilting her head as she noticed the cheeky smile on his face. "Of course we must read! How else are we going to save Vel'Anir?" She playfully shoved him back away from her and Isak could probably sense that she was joking.

She stood placed her book on the table beside the bed that held some tall candles and got out of the bed to close the curtains on the large window that overlooked the courtyard. She realized how many weeks it had been since they were last together, at the Raven Club. She turned to face him, feeling a little more bold than she had felt now that they were a bit further away from their party of friends. She reached the tie on her dress and dropped it to the floor, letting the velvet material gather at her feet before she she moved slowly, back towards the bed, blowing out candles as she approached him.

She smiled, watching Isak stare at her body as she approached him. "Are you really spending the rest of the night staring at me?" She reached her hand up to close his mouth and then moved to undo the buttons on his shirt, the rest of his clothes following suit. Isak had to help her back up to the bed that, like the one in Dalanar, was a little too tall for her. She climbed on top of him, kissing him for the first time in what felt like forever. "Love me." She demanded in a whisper.

• Devil
Isak certainly didn't expect it, but he was pleasantly surprised when Eilerias turned his own cheeky teasing against him, slightly shoving him aside for a bit before she stood up and put her book down on the nearby table.

He still had that smile on his face, watching as she went over the large window, ample enough to give them a view of almost the entire courtyard of the manor, but fading away slowly once he could see her face, the lustful look she was giving him as her hands reached for the tie of her dress, letting it fall through her body without struggle.

Isak's eyes widened as that happened, in awe of her bare beauty, his mouth opening slightly even though he could not form any words. Eilerias was the one in charge of their situation now, and Isak was merely her worshipper, the only person who believed in her more than any sort of god. Teasingly taking her time, she walked over to the bed while blowing out a few of the candles nearby, and reaching close to him. She put her finger over his lips as she spoke, rendering him unable to respond.

But in his mind, Isak had already answered her a thousand times over. He would, he could stare at her heavenly beauty for the remainder of his life, and it would never cease to amaze him. No amount of words could do him justice, to tell her how wonderful she was, or to grasp the magnitude of his love for her.

But perhaps, he could show her once more, like he had always done when they had each other like this, completely bare to one another, with no words exchanged other than to beg for more of that love.

Eilerias hungrily undressed him, throwing his clothes far away before desperately seeking his touch, to which Isak quickly indulged, taking her to his arms and lifting her up without much effort as he fell backwards to the bed, with Eilerias on top of him. She kissed him with a surprising urge, and that feeling that suddenly coursed through him and rocked his entire being made him realize how much he missed touching her lips. With a whisper, she demanded for more.

And Isak would never refuse her. "Always, my love." He said, snatching her lips for another kiss before they let themselves get lost in the heat and love, to the rapid motions of their bodies joining together for many hours after, their moans echoing around the room and even to the grand corridor just outside, without a care for who could hear them

Isak woke up in the middle of the night, still tired after their hours of making love, with Eilerias resting on top of him, her leg still tangled between his and her arm reaching across his chest, as if she didn't want to let him go even in her sleep. He smiled at that thought, before a sudden gust of wind breezed inside the room, shaking the curtains violently. Isak looked at the courtyard for a moment, before looking back at Eilerias, who was still sleeping like a rock.

When he turned back, though, there was someone else standing in that room. His fingers were long and slender, robes dark, tattered and stained with blood, his decaying skin was also pale as a corpse, and even though Isak couldn't see his face clearly in the dark of the room and with his hood, he could see the blue light coming from his eyes, same as the undead back at Stoneforge and in the Falwood. Isak turned to wake up Eilerias, only to find her drowning in her own blood, a deep cut in her neck and her eyes completely void of life.

Desperate, Isak screamed and lunged forward, waking up from a nightmare so horrifying that it made his old memories look completely harmless. He was sweating and breathing heavily, and he ended up waking up Eilerias, who even in fear of something happening, still reached for his face to find Isak crying, his eyes trembling and unable to look at her clearly before she called him many times, trying to wake him up from his trance. Only a few seconds later, he realized it had been nothing but a terrible nightmare, and his head fell to Eilerias' neck, but Isak still looked... broken.

He had never cried like that before, but now he let the tears flow freely from his eyes, his heart aching with pain as he sought to touch Eilerias, to make sure she was really there, and not laying dead like he had seen on his nightmare.

"I... I thought I'd lost you..." Isak struggled to get the words out, his voice breaking down as he spoke against her skin, while Eilerias sought to comfort him. Finally, Isak wrapped his arms around her as the sheets fell down, embracing her and feeling her warmth, slowly feeling relieved. It took a few more moments for Isak to compose himself and stop shaking, but he didn't let go of her hand, telling her about the dream, about the man in the dark robes watching them - the necromancer.

"I could see him, right there." He pointed to the spot in the room, a bit far from the bed, where the necromancer had been standing in his nightmare. "It felt so... real. I wanted to wake you, but when I turned, you were..." He couldn't bring himself to finish that sentence, although feeling grateful that Eilerias seemed to understand him nonetheless. She hugged him again, and after assuring each other that nothing would happen to them, and promising each other that they would fight together to end that terrible threat, they finally went back to their sleep, still not letting go of each other.

When the morning finally came over, it was Ogden who knocked on their door, warning them that Elyon was summoning everyone to eat breakfast together.

Isak and Eilerias got dressed fairly quickly and went on to the room where everyone had already been expecting them, as Elyon looked at them with what looked like genuine happiness. Taking a sip from his water, he curiously asked something, staring right at Eilerias.

"The guest room sounded quite lively last night." He put the glass down, laughing a bit. "Love is truly a beautiful thing. You must tell me about your own story with Mister Lavelle, dear daughter!"

• Nervous
Always, my love...

On top of Isak's chest, Eilerias slept peacefully after the many hours her and Isak spent loving one another. She had missed the feeling of being together and didn't realize how much she longed for his touch during the weeks of travel. She had been starving for those precious moments they spent together almost nightly before they left for this trip.

Since their first trip to Dalanar, the whispers that had filled her dreams and nightmares had been noticeably absent. Rather than the usual deceitful nightmares that often woke her up throughout the night, she was for the first time able to enjoy sleep. If Isak looked down as he woke up, he would see her smiling as she dreamed of a day in Falwood- the trees covered in decorations. White rose petals were scattered about the ground leading up through the trees. She could make out the faces of their friends on benches as she walked past, towards a tall dark haired figure who was staring at her. She glanced to her left upon noticing she was holding onto something.

She smiled in excitement as her father walked her down the aisle, looking regal as he wore a traditional elven robe. She looked down at her own dress, noticing the typical robes she wore were replaced by a flowing wedding dress inspired by the elven fashion. Her father kissed her on the top of her head before handing her off to Isak. Blushing, she held onto his hands as they stared into each other's eyes.

"We gather here today under the watchful eye of the Gods to witness the union of man and wife." A priest tied their hands together with a golden ribbon. "Then let it be known, Isak Lavelle and Eilerias are now one. Cursed be he would would seek to tear them asunder. Now look upon one another and recite the words."

Eilerias felt a few tears fall from her eyes as the priest motioned for her to recite the vows. "I am his and he is-"

She gasped for air, opening her eyes quickly to see Isak waking up in a panic. She reached up for his face, confused. "What's happened? Are you alright, love?" She asked, wiping his tears away. "Isak? Isak!" Her voice got louder before he fell into her neck.

"What do you mean lost me?" She asked, wrapping her arms around him, trying to understand what he was so upset by. She listened quietly, rubbing his back as he spoke. Her eyes followed as he pointed to a spot in the room before looking back at him, looking worried. "Oh, honey I think you're getting too stressed out about this." She tried to reassure him. "I promise you that there is nothing in all of Arethil that can take me away from you. Get back to sleep, please. We will deal with the real necromancer soon enough." She kissed the top of his head before falling back asleep.

She was awoken once again, this time by a knock at the door. "Wake up." She shook Isak gently as she got out of the bed, pulling one of the blankets with her as she ran over to get dressed. "Did you open the window?" She asked, realizing she had likely flashed anyone who was in the courtyard as she got dressed. "I could have sworn I closed it last night." She commented quietly before taking her leave and following to the dining room.

"Good morning." She smiled, bowing to Elyon as she entered the room. She froze in place as Elyon commented on their activities, causing Isak to bump into her. She turned to stare at him wide-eyed as she blushed, not quite knowing how to respond to such a comment.

"Uhh...yes, very well." She sat at the table, still looking completely embarrassed that many had been witness to their activities. "Well it is a bit of a strange story, how we met. I left Vel'Anir after many years working in its church. I was only a healer there, but my love for Sol'Nityr never faded as I moved to Alliria and with some help from my friend Gwendolyn, whom I met in Vel'Anir, I was able to form my own branch to spread the word of light. Gwendolyn works with Isak. She does his books." She tried to think of something less suspicious then telling him she was the informant for a crime lord. "Isak runs a very popular club in Alliria called The Raven Club." She smiled proudly. "Gwendolyn introduced us, thinking it might be helpful to have someone well versed in healing magic to assist the poor fools who find themselves injured in a bar fight and, well, I would say we work pretty well together." She grabbed Isak's hand under the table.

"Actually, I need to thank Isak for saving my life. There was a night someone from the club broke into my home..."She looked a little worried as she spoke, but couldn't stop her mouth from continuing. "I was actually attacked, well the attacker thought I was someone else, but still I was attacked. Isak found me and he brought me back there. I couldn't even heal myself so he did his best and...he really did save my life."

She spent a little time telling her father about the trip to Cerak, conveniently leaving out any mention of her shadows that saved both of their lives and whatever Isak wouldn't want a stranger knowing of that trip.

"Why that is quite the love story." Her father smiled, "It seems like the two of you work very well together. I pray for many years to come you continue to work so well." He turned his attention towards Isak this time. "Isak, tell me more about this Raven Club. How long has it been in business? What is it like to do business in Alliria these days? I haven't been there in...it feels like centuries." He laughed.

• Bless
Isak smiled tenderly as Eilerias told them the story about how they met, and how they became so close to each other. She had saved him as well, but not only in regards to his cuts and bruises, Eilerias saved him from his own darkness. She pushed away the loneliness, the nightmares, never letting go of him even as she came to know his worst parts.

They believed in each other, and they loved one another deeply, and that was their saving grace. Isak held on to her hand as she looked at him, her beautiful smile mesmerizing him as Isak couldn't bring himself to look away from her, her golden eyes holding him in place. Ogden and Lidia seemed very excited to hear everything as well, even though they knew everything about Isak and Eilerias' relationship, and also Elyon seemed genuinely satisfied, like a proud father in knowing that her daughter was safe and happy.

The powerful elf took a sip of his drink again, before taking a moment to ask Isak about his business, which brought forth a look of surprise from the young man. "For a few years, and it's growing ever since. Eile lives there with me. Alliria is a city of opportunity, beautiful in its own way, although not quite as breathtaking as Fal'Addas." Elyon shot him a joyful smile, agreeing with him with a short laugh.

Isak always liked to believe that Alliria's beauty was unique, in the sense that the struggle for power in the city, pitting noble against merchant, and leaving the common folk to scrape the barrels for the rest, left men like him a wide avenue of opportunity to walk, in search of his own success. In truth, Alliria wasn't as magnificent as the imposing walls of Vel'Anir or the brilliant elven architecture of Fal'Addas, with houses being perfectly laid upon enormous tree branches, with the air so pure that even breathing was easier. The Outer City, the Slums... They were like cesspits, full of mud and shady deeds, but one could find beauty even in that, if looking hard enough.

"Business is treacherous in a place like that. Sometimes, you won't even know who you're dealing with, until it's too late. But I believe I've done well, since I'm standing here."

Isak and Elyon stared at each other for a moment, gauging one another in mutual respect, before Isak took some of his drink and looked at Eilerias, who still seemed overjoyed of having a peaceful family moment with people so close to her, and after finally meeting her father.

"Since we are talking business, I do have news that could help our little search, although they might not be very good." Elyon spoke suddenly, breaking the harmony for a moment as they all looked at him, anxious. "It seems that, like in Alliria, treachery walks very closely to us. The Elders have... respectfully seized some of my power to, as you say in your Common Tongue, investigate matters related to other important members in the city's Council. I'm afraid we must seek other ways to explore a solution to our problem."

Assuming that the Elders were somehow involved in all of this could be premature, and even thinking that out loud could lead them to a swift demise, so Isak preferred to withhold any early doubts for the moment, merely waiting for Elyon to suggest something, and he went to do it shortly afterwards.

"One of the council members, Lord Dalish, is one of my trusted friends. I've told him about my concerns in the past, but he still blindly loyal to the Elders and the rest of the council." Elyon looked disappointed, and also a bit frustrated. Perhaps he thought to be the only elf with eyes wide open to what was happening in their own city. "I fear my hands are tied, Mister Isak. If I involve myself any more, the Elders would demand my arrest and trial, as is their right. But..." The elf looked to Eilerias now, a warm look on his face. "If what my dear daughter told us is true, about your particular talents, then you and your friends can certainly convince Dalish to help us. The fate of Fal'Addas, and even the entire Falwood, hinges on this task at hand."

Slowly, Elyon got up from his chair, his hands resting on the table as Isak looked at him. "Lord Dalish lives in a old manor, at the other side of the settlement. He is protected at all times by guards and is often advised by one of our Chancellors, personal helpers to each and every member in the Council, except for me. As you see, I prefer to take matters into my own hands. Seek him out at his home, convince him to grant you an informal audience and tell him everything. Spare no details about the undead, the plague and the conspiracy overtaking my-- our great city."

Isak nodded in silent agreement, still holding onto Eilerias' hand. It was about time to look for more answers.

Elyon had a weary look on his eyes, breathing deeply and putting his hand over his face. As a ancient and respectable elf, Isak imagined that it was not easy to deal with the complex matters of a court of equally powerful and driven men like him, all with their interests and agendas. For now, it seemed like they were at an disavandtage regarding those they could trust in that city, to even ask for help, but perhaps this Lord Dalish could be a start, and they had Elyon's support now.

Elyon bid them farewell, saying that he needed to retire to his own bed for some rest after thinking much about those troubled matters. Isak proposed the same to Eilerias, they still needed to prepare themselves to leave to Lord Dalish's house, after all.

"Your father seems to approve of us, that's a relief." Isak said playfully, after him and Eilerias arrived at their room again. Back at the dinner room, Isak said he still needed to go over a few of the details regarding their plan to convince Dalish to help deal with the threat in the Falwood, and he could always trust Eilerias to give him some good advice. "I'm not fond of the idea of going to another stranger's house, just the four of us, and with no guarantees that he would even listen to us."

He sat at the bed, reaching for Eilerias' hand, pulling her closer to him as he wrapped his arms around her, easing himself to her warm touch. Isak looked a bit troubled, especially since his nightmares the previous night, and now the information from Elyon had been somewhat disheartening. They could count on his support, but even Elyon feared the wrath of the Elders of Fal'Addas, and there was also the possibility that they could be involved in all of that...

If there was really another war, would there even be a benefit to one of the sides? It was a hard question to ponder. The human armies were too big, even if spread through the continent, while the elves had been keeping to themselves in the woods, while many others took up a life of adventure, far away from the old lore and tradition.

"What should we do, Eile?" Isak asked, letting his head rest against her lap.

He often sought her tender council these days, and her mind was much brighter than his at times. After nearly an hour of talks and preparation, and also a few kisses for good luck, Isak and Eilerias met the others near the manor's gates. It had been hard to resist the urge to lay in bed and love each other once again, but they had a city, and a whole forest, to save now. The group eventually started making their way across Fal'Addas, to Lord Dalish's house.

Eilerias was patient as Isak explained the details of his business to Elyon. She was excited to see that her father responded positively upon hearing the details, even agreeing with things Isak mentioned. She took a few bites of her food, feeling more overwhelmed with joy than hungry, but she could feel Isak watching her carefully as she picked at the breakfast. It was hard to eat sometimes, she felt, especially while going on great adventures and seeing those less fortunate in other areas. "Father, please may I bring whatever is left over from our meal to one of the orphanages nearby?" She asked, butting in the conversation for a moment. He agreed, before asking them of a favor.

"Wait..." She set her fork down. "You want us to use our powers to convince this Lord Dalish?" She laughed, her voice full of confusion. "Two of us are healers and Isak is a warlock. Certainly you don't want us to hurt him?" She looked worried, but her father's calm demeanor seemed to have the same effect over her.

"My child, all I ask is that you gain his trust and convince him to aid me in putting an end to this plague."

As he took his leave, Eilerias wondered if he was well. It seemed odd that he would retire to bed only a few hours after waking up. She wouldn't push the issue, though, it was his home they were invited into with open arms. She had no reason to put her nose into all of his business uninvited.

"He does seem to approve..." She agreed, less playful than Isak as she thought about how tired Elyon looked when he left the dining room. "He looked tired." She frowned, walking over to the tall mirror to make sure she looked presentable enough to go on yet another adventure to talk to strangers. "I really don't know what we are meant to do to convince an old elf to betray the elders." She responded as Isak wrapped his arms around her. "I really am not fond of using your powers to 'convince' someone and I don't know if I can use the shadows to do it."

She noticed he didn't seem quite like himself and her hands began to glow softly as she wrapped her arms around him. "It was only a nightmare." She pulled him tight, trying to calm him as she led him to the bed, where he laid down in her lap. She ran her fingers through his hair, trying to find the best answer to his questions.

Time was running out...what should they do?

"I say we talk to him. What's the worst that can happen? The entire city is pretty flammable if they try anything." She laughed.

----------------------------------------------

It took quite a while to feel confident enough in their plan to begin their journey. Meeting back up with Ogden and Lidia, they set out for Lord Dalish's house, which was easy to spot by all the guards surrounding it. Eilerias felt nervous as they approached the gate, guards stepping in front of them before they could even enter.

"Halt!" One put a hand out in front of their faces. "What business do you have entering the property of Lord Dalish?"

Eilerias stepped up, once again. "Good morning sir, we seek out an audience with Lord Dalish. We do not come bearing good news unfortunately." She frowned, trying to manipulate the guards. "A strange and fatal illness is plaguing Falwood and her people. We seek Lord Dalish's aid in ending this imminent threat." She didn't truly know if what she was saying made sense, but the guards looked nervously at eachother before allowing them through the gates, escorting them up yet another grand staircase made of roots.

The guard took them through the front door and led them through a maze of hallways that had dark walls and black and white marble checkered floors. It was a bit garish in Eilerias' opinion, but being rich didn't mean they had good taste. The guards stopped them before a large wooden door as he knocked twice.

"Enter." A breathy voice responded.

The guard opened the door before announcing: "A group of travelers request a meeting with you about a plague..." The guard ushered the group in before taking his leave.

"Very well, do come in. What seems to trouble you?" He motioned for them to sit in front of the large mahogany desk. He looked much older than Elyon and wise feel about him. Eilerias didn't know quite what it was about him, but he felt very grandfatherly at a first meeting.

"Thank you for allowing us and audience," Eilerias bowed before taking a seat in front of him. "This is Isak Lavelle, Lidia, Ogden, and I am-" She took a second to think about which name to use. "I am Sylvanna. We are here to ask you for help. There is a plague spreading rapidly throughout Falwood. It has already hit the villages surrounding Vel'Anir and it appears to be spreading outward. The disease...it's unlike any I know." She sighed. "I was a healer from the Great Church of Light and when we went to worship as we passed through the city, every single priest was gone. The acolytes were missing. The place was covered in dust and the only thing we had to help us was this letter." She pulled out the slightly dusty scroll and spread it out in front of him. "We went to investigate and they were dead...but not...like necromancy." She looked to Isak. "A voice told us the elves...are trying to reclaim their honor."

• Bless
Reaching Dalish's house had been quite easy, save for the long walk across Fal'Addas. Now would come the hard part, with a line of guards standing in front of the gate, as one of them stepped forward, raising his hand to stop Isak and the rest of the group. He demanded to know what their business was, and Isak had been quick to pick up on something - the guards looked fairly on edge. Or perhaps, Lord Dalish was overly worried about his own security.

In all the stories he heard and all the lore he had managed to read before, Isak had never known Fal'Addas to be a dangerous place. It was a well organized and fair ruled society, and even having to live with other races, the elves had always been known to be incredibly polite and honorable, their only quarrel being those who hated them for being different. Humans and elves had been at war milennia ago, but now some of them even existed together, breeding children of both worlds, and such quarrels have mostly been laid to rest, except for the prejudice in places like Vel'Anir.

But Fal'Addas was different, and it greatly intrigued Isak as to why Dalish needed such a security detail standing in front of his gate, the guards gripping tightly at their runic lances, ready to be thrown at the group at the slightest showing of discontent.

Luckily for them, Eilerias had become as skilled with words as she was with healing, and she managed to ease some of those guards into granting them passage to Dalish. She had been wise to jump straight to the matter at hand, telling them of the plague and the urgency of their request to see Dalish, to which the guards seemed to reluctantly agree, lowering their weapons and motioning them to follow them through the garish walls and up until they reached a grand door that seemed to lead to Dalish's office.

The guard knocked, announcing their presence before finally letting them inside, as Dalish welcomed them with far better hospitality than his protectors, beckoning them to sit near his large desk. As before, Eilerias led the way to introduce them, and even used the old name, which came as a surprise to Isak. He thought she would've preferred to leave that past buried, but that name would always have a connection to her elven side, while Isak looked more human than elf, and that they were also accompanied by a grumpy dwarf and a human priest.

Having someone that the other elves could relate to, and trust as one of their own, would be very useful in getting their trust and cooperation.

Eilerias told Dalish about their troubles - the undead menace in the woods, the plague assailing the villages, slowly killing everything in the courtside, and Isak couldn't miss the fleeting look on Dalish's look as she told him about the voice in the cabin, that spoke to them of reclaiming the elves' lost honor. By the way the old elf looked at them, Isak knew he wasn't at all surprised with all that information. Shrugging for a moment, he let out a short laugh before speaking again.

"The world has moved on. There should be no more wars over such foolish things, but I am aware of what you speak of, and I already have my suspicions." He looked at them, his green eyes grim and serious.

"Three days ago, I sent some of my elite warriors to accompany my Chancellor in a most vital task. There are ruins to the south of here, once holding a dark and long forgotten power from the ages of our first war. The plague, and all the troubles that followed, it must've started there."

Isak looked over to Eilerias for a moment as she shot him a worried look, before turning back to Dalish, thinking about that information for a second. "Why leave such power in a place like that, to be taken by anyone?" Isak couldn't believe that such thing could simply be laying around right next to them, and that it could be the cause behind everything that's been going in the Falwood. But Dalish hadn't stuttered, and he seemed confident enough about what he said.

"There are only a select few with this knowledge. The Ilyn'shar Sanctum was once one of the most sacred grounds of our people, but the humans desecrated it during the war. From light, begot corruption and brought back life, but in a different way. Necromancy, as you call it."

Isak lost his words for a moment, still trying to understand all of that. The elves were truly at the heart of that trouble, even if they weren't really responsible for it. But to hold such power... and not seek to destroy it forever, or to leave it in a place where anyone could reach it, even with so few people knowing about it, that didn't sit right with him.

"I know that your father sent you here, Sylvanna." He spoke, surprising them. Isak looked fearful for a moment, worried that he would try to seek advantage against them, but he could also see the worry in that elf's eyes. "You are foreigners to these lands, but Elyon is one of my dearest friends. There are traitors amongst us, seeking to use this forbidden power to usher in a new age of senseless war, all in the name of lost honor, and we are powerless to stop them by ourselves. The elven people need your help."

"This doesn't affect only Fal'Addas, but also other places, and other people important to us." Isak was quick to answer, looking at Eilerias while remembering Devon, who was yet lying in a bed, fighting against the plague, back at Vel'Anir. He remembered all those people in Stoneforge, also suffering the same pain. The elves weren't the only ones in trouble. "We'll go to this Sanctum and find out who took this power. If your precious Elders are responsible for this, I will burn all these trees to the ground if it means stopping them."

Dalish opened a short smile after a moment, respecting Isak's stance in that matter. The young man looked frustrated, having to deal with all these mysteries and now learning that they were so close to people who wished to bring about even more wars, after all the conflicts that Arethil already went through. Still, they promised Marionna and the people of Stoneforge that they would do whatever it takes to stop that plague, and Isak intended to follow through with that promise.

Isak got up from his chair, offering Eilerias his hand to help her up as well before the four of them took their leave, walking past the guards without even as much as looking at them again.

"We can't waste any more time. We need to reach these ruins at once."

Eilerias looked offended as Lord Dalish laughed at her. Perhaps he's involved in it, that's why he knows so much and cares so little. Eilerias thought to herself before he continued, speaking of strange ruins that may be the origin of the plague.

She shot Isak a look full of worry, once again, as he began to throw questions at Dalish. Isak had a point, leaving such powers to anyone was dangerous. "Perhaps if you could tell us who the select few are who know of this Illyn'shar Sanctum, we could observe them. I'm assuming if they're operating out of some ancient ruins, they'll surely return?" She looked hopeful, but Dalish did not reciprocate the expression.

Her ears twitched, hearing him speak her real name and mention that he knew her father. She hadn't mentioned anything about Elyon sending them, so how could he have known about him? Was their resemblance really that obvious, though she stood nearly two feet shorter than him?

"How did you know he was my father?" She responded, completely disregarding the rest of what he had said. "I only just met him yesterday for the first time in my twenty one years of life." She raised an eyebrow, staring at him in confusion.

"Oh Sylvanna, Elyon has been my friend for many many centuries." He smiled softly. "Perhaps you don't see it, but I can see the same energy within you that is within Elyon. To put it simply, the same magic that flows from him, flows from you. Sylvanna, he is a powerful elf. You should learn to develop your talents given by the Gods with him. I'm sure he would appreciate the time he could spend with his only child before its too late."

Eilerias nodded, agreeing that maybe she should spend some time alone, learning of her father's life and training with him before she leaves. She took Isak's hand and got up from her chair, following at the back of the group as the thought about what they should do. They were all silent, making their way back through the maze of a house and through the gates.

Isak broke the silence and Eilerias looked up at him, "Dalish is right, I think I should take some time to train with my father. Especially if we are going into danger. I know he wasn't referring to my abilities to heal. My father must have experience with the shadows that haunt me." She looked down. "Maybe he can help me control them so I can be of use during times like these."

She grabbed Isaks hands. "Perhaps you three can go to the ruins and I will go meet with my father." She suggested, hoping Isak would accept. "If it's too dangerous, just retreat and we will find another way to stop this necromancer." She took a deep breath. "Please, Isak, I think this might be a really good opportunity."

• Nervous
Isak stopped in his tracks after they crossed the gates of Dalish's manor, looking at Eilerias, a bit perplexed at her idea. Deep inside, Isak was a bit fearful of taking anyone to those ruins, especially if the person responsible for all that evil was still lingering nearby, but he also wasn't as relaxed into completely trusting Elyon, or anyone else in Fal'Addas.

It was almost night, and the breeze had started to blow stronger, and colder.

"Are you sure?" He said, his voice lowering, almost begging her to reconsider, if only silently. Eilerias took his hands, gently squeezing them, rubbing the fabric of his gloves as she did. Isak couldn't look away from her golden eyes, and even if she hadn't said anything afterwards, he knew how much she wanted to be near her father, to learn from him.

She had been alone for so much time, Isak couldn't possibly take that away from her. Gently, he pulled her closer to him, pressing his forehead against hers.

"I'll come back to you. Meet us here, outside Dalish's house, once the moon reaches its peak." He looked at her eyes again, a rather saddened smile on his face. He wanted to reassure her that they would all be fine in her absence, that Isak was a formidable warlock, that Ogden was still a warrior and that Lidia could heal them, but he had no way to guarantee that whatever dark forces were still holed up in that Sanctum wouldn't take them away forever.

Instead of dwelling on that melancholy, Isak pressed his lips against hers in a long and breathtaking kiss, as if it was the last thing he would take with him in case everything would go wrong. "Be careful, and don't trust anyone." Reluctantly, Isak let her go, watching Eilerias disappear beyond the streets, back to her father's house.

The trio turned back and started to make their way towards one of Fal'Addas gates that Elyon had spoken about, managing to evade some of the elven patrols going around. They went into the woods, and walked for almost a full hour until Isak spotted some signs of destruction nearby. The grass was almost grey, dead and rotten, as was some of the trees, some so thin that he felt that even the slightest push would break them in half.

Ogden looked at him fearful, but Isak said nothing, simply pressing forward until they reached the ruins of what was once the Ilyn'Shar Sanctum, now just a huddle of debris. From the outside, they could see the entrance that led to the dark inside of the Sanctum, but they stopped just above the once hallowed ground, now destroyed by rocks and filled with bones who hadn't yet turned to dust.

Even after so many ages, the stench of death was still suffocating.

Isak saw Lidia cowering in fear, looking back at the woods from where they came from. He wanted to go back as well, to hold Eilerias in his arms, but he would be not only a coward, but also a accomplice in the death of all those people if they couldn't stop the plague. He knew that they had to venture inside that desecrated sanctum, to look for whatever answers they could find, and make it out alive.

He's had harder jobs before.

"Lidia." He called to her, coldly. "Don't waste your time looking back, we're not going that way." It was the last thing Isak said before opening the passage into the Sanctum, and crossing inside.

• Bless
Eilerias squeezed his hands gently, feeling the sadness he felt as he let her go. "I will meet you there, I promise." She smiled, looking into his eyes. "Please be careful. If anything seems too dangerous, just leave." Her voice was firm. She wanted to ensure she was serious about her demands. She wanted a guarantee they wouldn't end up dying alone because they were too careless.

She kissed Isak back, one last time before they would let go of each other and take their leave, headed in opposite directions. She looked back, giving them a small wave before turning back to head north towards her father's house. It was getting cold as the sky darkened and the breezes picked up. She hurried back, ascending the staircase and opening the door quickly before closing it behind her.

"Lord Elyon?" She called, looking around the foyer and entering the corridor. She was a bit disappointed to find no response. "Hello?" Her voice echoed around the eerily silent house. The lack of sound had been unfamiliar to her in recent months. Moving into the Raven Club meant there was always the sound of people nearby, and she enjoyed not feeling so alone.

She continued, making her way through the dining hall, a kitchen, an armory, and several other rooms before she decided on trying the courtyard. She opened a stained glass door, and was surprised by the view. Looking up, she noticed the tree had split around the courtyard, leaving a clear view of the sky above them. In the center, was a beautiful fountain which reflected the night sky back at her.

"Father!" She ran over to Elyon who seemed to have his nose in a book.

"Pardon?" His voice responded, looking up at Eilerias. "Oh hello dear Sylvanna." He seemed to look behind her, confused by the lack of companions. "Where are your little friends?" He asked, setting the book on a nearby table and giving her space to join him on the bench.

"We spoke with Lord Dalish and he's already heard of the plague. He thinks it has originated in an ancient ruin south of Fal'Addas. Somewhere called..." She paused, trying to remember the name. "Ilyn'shar Sanctum, I believe!"

"Ah, yes. I am well aware of those ruins." Elyon nodded, looking very interested in what Eilerias was sharing from their trip. "Those ruins were destroyed long ago....and he thinks there is corruption deep within the ruins?" He asked, and Eilerias nodded.

"Exactly, so Isak, Lidia and Ogden are going to check out the reports of disturbances that Dalish told us about, but he told me to come back here."

Elyon raised an eyebrow. "Why would he split up your group and send you back here?" He sounded concerned.

"Lord Dalish told me that we share the same....magical...talents." She looked hopeful, but Elyon looked confused. "Father, do you hear the shadows too?"

Silence followed her question, as Elyon studied her. He sighed after a few moments, admitting to her the truth. "Indeed, I do." His voice was different, more cold as he spoke. "Forgive me, Sylvanna, for I was unaware the shadows could be passed down to my kin. It must have been a hard discovery for you on your own. You must understand, though, it is a forbidden practice, even here in Fal'Addas."

Her father's sudden seriousness took her by surprise. "But Lord Dalish knows..." Her brow furrowed. "He told me I should train with you actually. He see's the same darkness in me I suppose." She was quiet for a moment. "Please, father, can you train me? I've struggled really badly in recent months. They keep me up and I can't control them." She spoke quickly, as she always did when she was nervous.

Elyon sighed once again, seemingly contemplating Eilerias' request. "Sylvanna...this is a dangerous craft, shadowmancy...not only to yourself, but also others. Shadowmancy is about secrets, lies, and the unknown. To develop your talents, you must learn their language: Shadon. I presume you hear the whispers?" He looked up at her and she nodded. "Very well, you must learn to communicate."

Her father worked with her for hours, teaching her how to slip through the shadows, unnoticed and willingly use the vision of shadows in the courtyard. Elyon used her experience to gage her level, surprised that she appeared to be near an adept level with her gifts. He took this opportunity to work on the adept level abilities, teaching her how to call the shadows to conceal her. The two began working on calling forth a shadowkin, using her father as the host, but she was getting exhausted and could see the moon nearly at its peak.

"I'm sorry father, I must end this session early. The others will be waiting for me at Lord Dalish's house." She got up from the bench, making her way back to the door that would lead her throughout the house.

"Come back quickly with what you find out, please. I fear time is of the essence with this plague." Elyon responded, his expression grave.

• Wonder
Exploring those dark and mazy corridors of that forsaken sanctum was a hard task, especially with Ogden up on his heels about any bugs they came across, festering between cracks on the wall.

For such a ancient place, Isak was finding it strange that the stench of blood was still so strong, making him remain on edge about the possibility of someone hiding there, someone with enough blood on their hands to paint all those grey walls. Isak could see a few writings on some walls, probably proof of the desecration of that place. The symbols were odd, but he could recognize a few stray bits as a incredibly old record of the Common Tongue. He had studied some of the history of the known tongues in Arethil before, and some of those symbols were familiar, but he couldn't translate them, nor did he have the time for that.

After some time had passed, Isak came across drops of blood on the ground, noticing that it was fresh as he put his gloved fingers over it. He realized that the blood was leading them deeper into the sanctum, and with no other option in sight, Lavelle decided to follow it until they reached a room with a very similar skull to the one they found in the mayor's house back in Stoneforge, resting atop an altar.

"I don't like the look of this, boss." Ogden said, already reaching for his axe as they walked inside, inspecting every corner in expectation of a trap or ambush that never came. There was blood running through cracks on the ground, forming a huge symbol that Isak couldn't understand. There were small marks etched alongside the lines that ran with blood, a blue light slowly coming from them as the group approached.

Isak could see some kind of object right in the middle of the symbol, a broken sword, the pieces of the blade gathered around it. A blue flame took over the skull atop the altar in the far end of the room, and soon a violent gusp of wind hit them, like a tornado had been passing by. They could hear screams of agony coming from the deepest parts of the ruins, until it all went silent again, and the sword started to shine as well. Taken with curiosity, Isak reached inside the ritual circle and grabbed the handle, with pain almost instantly wracking his entire body.

For a moment, it felt like time itself had stopped, and he could no longer see Ogden and Lidia moving behind him, shouting for him to release the sword. His veins started to darken and bulge all over his face and body, and soon after his eyes turned completely black as Isak fell, life slowly escaping his body. It was dark... and cold, and he couldn't feel Eilerias' warm light this time.

"Hear me now, Isak... You have touched a power ancient and malign, even more than mine, and your life is being taken as a sacrifice to this ritual. There is only but one way to save you, and me, from demise."

Isak could hear Bheron's voice echoing inside his head, even though he was probably unconscious. He felt weaker by the second, and he could see no other way than to listen to that demon and his convenient ways of helping him. "Speak clearly, demon, or set me free for eternity."

"There is no freedom in death, fool. Only darkness, a darkness that even a demon fears." His voice sounded heavy with fury, or perhaps disgust at Isak's attempt of disrupting that ritual and seizing that sword, thinking that it would somehow stop the dark power coming from those ruins. Reluctantly, Isak listened to him, going over his offer - a pact, to let his power manifest over the sword in a attempt to burn away the taint inside him, before it could take him forever. "Don't mistake this for kindness, Isak. You still owe me much more knowledge about this world. And your little wife would never forgive your poor soul if you were to die now."

Bheron laughed devilishly. He loved his pacts, like any demon would. "Then so be it. Do what you must."

Isak spoke in agreement, and then a wave of fire blew through the room, burning away the plague from his veins and slowly bringing him back from the brink of death, as Isak now tightly gripped the sword, restored and with its blade seized by flames, equal to his own fiery magic. A useful weapon to fight any threat, and even though Isak wasn't fond of swords, he felt that it would be a much needed tool in that mission.

Lavelle went over to speak with Ogden and Lidia, apologizing for his mistake and reassuring them that all was well, before they walked to the altar, with the skull still burning in blue flames. Ignoring Ogden's warnings, Isak felt himself powerful enough to touch the skull while holding that flaming sword, and since the ritual from before had been interrupted, the skull did nothing but fall to ashes, but not before enlightening Isak with a few strange visions.

He could see foggy and somewhat blurry flashes, but couldn't make anything out of them except for a shadowy figure standing in a large and dark room, his giant claws slashing and tearing flesh, drawing so much blood that stained the entire place red. Isak couldn't even see who were those people getting so brutally murdered. The shadow figure disappeared in his vision, leaving behind only a symbol, similar to the one on the ground of the room they were in. It had to be related to the person behind it all, but it didn't explain much.

After the ashes of the skull were blown away by another gusp of wind, Isak walked away from the altar and let go of the sword, watching it disappear in thin air before strange marks burned through the fabric of his coat and shirt, marking his skin. He could hear Bheron inside his head again, telling him that the sword and his powers were now connected, and that he could use it at will. Isak had been surprised that Bheron asked for nothing in return, imagining that the demon had some ulterior motives that were still kept from him, but Isak didn't care. His life was hanging in the balance, and he couldn't break his promise of going back to Eilerias.

Eilerias. Something didn't feel right about that Sanctum, about those visions. He couldn't grasp what or why, but Isak needed to go back to her, and they needed to see Dalish, to tell him about the sword and the blood ritual, about the symbol on the ground, in the hope he would know what it meant. There was plague all over the Ilyn'Shar Sanctum, but nothing that could lead them to the necromancer, at least not yet.

The pain eventually left his arm, leaving behind only the marks that held the essence of the sword. Isak looked at Ogden and Lidia, and by the look on their faces, they were anxious to leave that place even more than him.

"We need to reach Lord Dalish at once. He must know more about this symbol."

Isak, Ogden and Lidia escaped from that profaned sanctum, leaving behind only the blood and the screams.

• Stressed
Prior to Eilerias' exit, her father stopped her. "There is one thing that must be done to further your talents, my dear Sylvanna." He began to contort strangely, creeping Eilerias out as she watched him shift and twist in weird shapes. Soon, a purple mist had begun to flow from his mouth and formed a shape. A strange twisted mass which looked like the roots of the great tree made its way to her and before she could object, the shadow creature entered her mouth, knocking the wind out of her. "Your ritual is complete." Eilerias took a moment to gather her thoughts before thanking her father and leaving.

Eilerias cherished the private, yet confusing, time she spent working on her shadowmancy with her father. Though it was only a few hours, his guidance was very beneficial to her and she certainly felt much more in control of those voices which used to haunt her every waking moment and every dream she dreamt. She finally had the mark of a shadowkin within her being. Perhaps that was what was tiring her as she made her way through the house. Her vision was going blurry and she could feel herself stumbling over her own feet and eventually falling.

Before her head hit the floor, a pair of hands caught her- her father's hands. "Oh Sylvanna, you need to be more careful. The mark you received will likely leave you a little ill for a few days, but I can help you. After all it is most important you return to your friends and find out what they discovered, if anything, in the Illyn'shar Sanctum." He helped her upright and gave her a glass with a deep purple substance. She cautiously accepted it, tilting the glass to watch the thick gelatin-like substance slosh around.

"What is it?" She asked, sniffing the glass. It had no scent.

"It is a potion that should help curb the illness or fatigue that often accompanies the mark of a shadowkin. Unfortunately the alchemists didn't have this potion when I was developing my skills in shadowmancy. We all were made to suffer the side effects in my time." He chuckled, reminiscing in his youthful days before he was a master shadowmancer. "Though your level of shadowmancy is surprisingly higher than an acolyte, you still must partake in the rituals to develop your powers further. Fortunately, there are no more grueling ceremonies at your level. It is up to you to build your relationship with the shadows."

Eilerias felt at ease as he explained this strange illness with a fatherly story to accompany the knowledge he shared. The grotesque liquid wasn't exactly appealing, but nonetheless she downed the entire glass, much to Elyon's delight. She handed the glass back to him, gagging at the horrid texture of the goop. "I think I would have rather fought through the illness and fatigue." She coughed as she tried to laugh. "That was absolutely abysmal."

Elyon laughed and patted her on the back, reassuring her. "Give it a minute or so, you'll feel better. I promise." He said another goodbye before taking his leave, disappearing back into one of the many rooms in his home.

Eilerias took it slow on the way back to Lord Dalish's manor, enjoying the chilly breeze and the moonlight that lit up Fal'Addas through the branches of the great trees. The details of everything seemed so much more prominent. Things she hadn't noticed on the way there the first time now captivated her attention as she passed each one. Maybe it was that potion, but something felt...off. Everything felt too perfect. She hadn't even noticed that the group had all arrived and had been waiting for her at the gate until Lidia shouted, "Eile! Hurry up! Quit staring at the leaves, they're just leaves!"

Laughing quietly to herself, Eilerias skipped along over to the group. "What did you guys find? Anything interesting?" She asked, cheerily. "Elyon agreed and helped me get better at a few spells. He says I'm a higher level than he expected! I only had to go through a bit of a strange ritual to progress to my level." She continued talking as the opened the gates themselves. "You'd think the guards would be patrolling at night. Seems awfully weird to leave a place like this unguarded while the Lord is probably sleeping. Maybe they don't have crime at night." Lidia had to shush her because she was getting visibly annoyed by Eilerias' rapid-fire talking.

The group continued up the grand staircase and knocked at the door, though there was no answer.

Knock Knock Knock

No answer

Eilerias watched as Ogden used his brute strength to bust the door open. The foyer was completely dark. "How odd..." Eilerias commented. "Think he's sleeping?" She asked as the group piled in and Isak made a flame in his hand to light some candles along the way through he maze of a home all the way until they reached his office. Eilerias picked up a strange scent. A familiar scent of iron, but she couldn't place it as they knocked at the office door. Underneath, they could see the faint light from his fireplace.

The group asked if he was in there before Isak made the move to open his door, carefully peeking in before anyone else had a chance. Eileiras watched as he recoiled in horror at something in that room. "What? What is it Isak?" She asked as she tried to push her way through the door. Isak pulled her back for a moment but she fought him and pulled the door.

Blood.

Blood everywhere.

Ogden managed to cover Lidia's mouth before she could scream, as to not alert any guards in the area that there had obviously been foul play in the manor. "Lord Dalish!" Eilerias shouted as she ran over to the remnants of a body, slipping through blood that had been painted on the wooden floor. She could make out some strange twisting rootlike shapes that meant nothing to her from the way the fireplace light hit the blood. "What the hell happened?" She fell to her knees, sorting through he carnage by hand looking for anything that they could use to help figure out what or who did this to Lord Dalish. "His skull...." She trailed off, pulling her hands out of the pile of flesh. "His skull is missing! Where the hell is his skull? What is happening?" Her voice growing frantic as she stood up, covered in blood and pieces of Lord Dalish.

She looked over to Isak who seemed more concerned with the strange symbol painted with what appeared to be the blood of Lord Dalish. "What is it?"

• Nervous
They all walked back to Fal'Addas in a damning silence, not wanting to discuss what had happened in those ruins. Lidia was trying her best to be stronger, but she was still trembling after seeing all that blood and the burning skull, Ogden was fearful as always whenever magic was involved, and Isak was still trying to understand what kind of dark power corrupted that broken sword, and how he survived after almost corrupting himself.

His mood seemed to lighten as Isak laid eyes upon Eilerias as she arrived at the gates of Dalish's manor, just time for Lidia to call her. Isak almost ran towards her, embracing her tightly and only now realizing that he had almost lost her. He had been so close to death again, and she wasn't nearby. He knew she would blame herself forever if he hadn't come back, and Isak had been such a selfish fool to endanger himself in that way, even if his intentions were good.

He had sought to stop the plague right there at the Sanctum, believing that the sword was somehow connected to the source of it, but he was wrong, and he almost paid the ultimate price for his stupidity.

They all exchanged a few words prior to entering the manor, with Isak telling Eilerias that they found only another blood ritual at the Sanctum, but no clear answers, although he conveniently omitted the part where he almost got himself killed after unleashing the plague upon himself, being saved by Bheron's flames as they burned through that dark taint. Isak silently wondered why there were no guards around, as opposed to the patrols that surrounded that place, from the gates to the courtyard, like Dalish expected someone to strike against him.

They entered the manor, and there wasn't a single candle illuminating the place. It was eerie, and strangely cold, just like the sanctum. There were no servants cleaning the furniture, nor any guards posted every few inches of the corridors, like before. Eilerias looked awfully excited about her training with her father, but every mention of his name made Isak twitch, feeling something strange, making his skin crawl. It felt similar to what he felt inside the Sanctum, but it was probably his worried thoughts putting him on edge.

The group eventually reached the main door that led to Dalish's foyer, and after several knocks with no answer, Ogden kicked the grand and strong door open like it was nothing. The dwarves really had some special strength, which was a surprise since Isak always thought that Ogden was bluffing. The whole place was too dark, and so Isak had to conjure up a flame on his right hand so they could see where they were landing their feet at, walking through that small maze in search of his office's door... which was left unguarded.

Strange. There were supposed to be guards around, at least covering Dalish's door. Isak furrowed, but pressed onwards, opening the doors and surprising himself that they weren't locked. What he saw next made even Isak recoil in horror and disgust, as the light from the fireplace illuminated the countless pools of blood, covering most of the floor. Even in the distance, Isak could see several of the dead guards, some of them mutilated. He tried to hold off Eilerias from seeing that, but she was too stubborn, eventually making past him and even horrified, running to see if there was still anyone alive, even covering herself in blood. Ogden held Lidia from screaming, in case she ended up alerting someone - or the culprit behind that.

Eilerias seemed to have found Lord Dalish's body, his chest cut open by large claw marks, and she said something about his skull missing, but Isak set his eyes, and his focus, on something else. In the ground, next to his great mahogany desk, there was a symbol, made with blood - Dalish's blood. It was the same symbol they found on the Sanctum, the one that powered the ritual. Isak turned around, his gaze falling on the bodies of the guards, inspecting the damage done to them. It was then that Isak pieced together the visions he had seen back at the Sanctum - the shadow creature, clawing away and painting the walls red. The same walls of Dalish's office, that were now filled with blood, the carnage, and the strange symbol, left behind. And with his death, their hope of finding answers also dwindled.

The skull... Yes, he remembered it now. The same skull, missing from Dalish's corpse, burning in blue flames. "Boss, that skull! From that soddin' Sanctum!" Ogden was right in his observations, it must've been the same skull. Dalish had been used as a sacrifice, but by whom?

Isak suddenly felt uneasy, a pain slowly building up on his right wrist as the marks began to light up in fire. Like his body moved on its own, Isak turned to see one of the guards, eyes filled with the same blue energy from before, moving with his sword drawn towards Eilerias, who hadn't noticed his approach. Isak let that strange power coming from his wrist take hold, the previous flame on his hand turning into the same sword from the ruins, thrusting towards the walking corpse behind Eilerias. The blade went through him, but it didn't draw blood - there was nothing left of it. Seconds later, the corpse let out a haunting and horrifying scream that echoed through the entire manor, several times over, before flames consumed him whole and his ashes were scattered to the wind that blew inside the office.

"That sword again!" Ogden pointed out, making Isak look towards the blade as it now caught fire on the edges, before it dissipated on his hand again, fiery pieces flying back to the mark on his wrist as Isak groaned with the pain that followed afterwards.

Eilerias rushed to his aid, but Isak was more worried about her, wrapping his arm around her waist and letting his head fall on her shoulder, giving thanks that she hadn't got hurt. Strangely, no matter how much power Eilerias put in her hands, the fiery marks on Isak's wrist didn't disappear. Eventually, the pain went away and so did the fiery marks, now returning to their normal state, resembling a tattoo on Isak's wrist.

"We should return to your father's estate. I'll tell you everything about the Sanctum." Isak said, his voice low and panting as his hand caressed the side of her face, trying to reassure her that he was alright.

For some reason, Isak didn't feel well about returning to that place, but Eilerias seemed happy to be reunited with her father, and maybe the man himself could help him solve the mystery of that symbol.

Eilerias continued to rummage through the body parts on her hands and knees, looking for anything that would explain what was happening to them. She didn't notice a corpse had risen silently, drawing his sword behind her until after Isak had already stabbed it and it let out a blood curdling screech. She scrambled to get away as it burst in flames and fell to ashes just inches away from where she had been kneeling.

"Gods!" She exclaimed, peeling some of the remains off of her as she made her way over to Isak, trying to get a look at the blade before it disappeared. "What the hell was that?" She asked, referring to both the rising corpse and Isak's strange new gift. She grabbed his hand, pulling it in her direction as she observed the strange new marking. Feeling a burning pain in her wrist from Isak's pain, she tried to heal it, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Eventually it went away on its own, much to her confusion.

She tried to pull herself away as Isak wrapped his arms around her. "I'm covered in blood and...people...parts." He didn't pull away though, only suggesting they return home as quickly as possible to which she agreed. The group made their way back through the manor, all seemingly disturbed about the events that had just taken place. As they approached the front door, Eilerias stopped.

"You go ahead. I'll meet you back there." She squeezed Isaks hand with her own that was covered in sticky blood. She smiled at his worried expression. "When the Fal'Addas guards discover Lord Dalish's death, do you really think the one who left his house covered in blood wouldn't be the number one suspect?" She laughed. "You three sneak out another door, I'm going to use the shadows to get home undetected." She winked at Isak as she trailed back towards the house disappearing within the shadows.

It was strange, the shadows and her working in harmony. The seemingly closed in around her coating her in the darkness she typically feared. Though she had to stay in the dark, she made sure she could see Isak, Ogden, and Lidia at all times. They met up back at her father's house shortly after and she quite literally appeared out of nowhere as the group ascended the staircase and entered the front door.

"Welcome bac- oh dead Gods what has happened?" Elyon greeted them, rushing over to the group as they entered.

"Lord Dalish has been murdered!" Eilerias exclaimed. "We were meant to meet with him at the peak of the moon to discuss what they found in the sanctum and when we got there he was nothing more than a pile of parts. There was so much blood everywhere, painted in a symbol on the ground. His guards are all dead as well." She stepped forward a bit, leaving a disgusting trail behind her.

"That is...most unfortunate." Elyon looked over the tiny priestess. "Sylvanna why don't you clean up and meet us back in the library. We must get to the root of this." Elyon beckoned over a servant who nodded and returned with a mop to clean the trail Eilerias left behind her.

"I...yes father. I will meet you all back in the library." Eilerias bowed respectfully and made her way to a room which contained a tub already filled with hot water. She stripped down quickly and got in the water, scrubbing at the blood for what felt like hours. A gentle knock at the door caught her attention as she scrubbed causing her to duck down into the tub deeper, watching carefully as the door opened. "Oh, Isak its just you." She smiled, relaxing into the tub.

"May I join you?" His rasp voice asked, much to Eilerias' surprise. Before she could answer, Isak was already unbuttoning his shirt.

"It's not the most...romantic bath I've had." She laughed, splashing him as he joined her in the tub. "It's more gross than anything I'd say."

She was cut off as Isak began to kiss her ravenously, which she of course returned. Between hungry kisses she asked. "Are you sure you want to do this here?" He didn't respond, he only pulled her on top of him and placed kisses all over her body. "Oh Isak." She smiled, pulling his face back up to hers. The two of them spent a while in each others arms, whispering their declarations as they made love until Isak pulled Eilerias off of him and got on top of her, his hands around her throat. At first the thought it was a joke, almost laughing as he tightened his grip. It soon turned scary when he didn't let go, his grip getting even more tight around her neck.

"Isak-" She squeaked, trying to catch her breath. "Stop this isn't funny!" She gasped as he pushed her head under the water, her mouth and nose filling up quickly. Her eyes stayed open, watching his face distort as he held her there until her vision faded.

Moments later her eyes opened and she shot up out of the water, gasping for air. She coughed, water spewing out of her mouth as she did so for several minutes. Looking around the room, there was no sign Isak had even been there. His clothes were missing. There was no water on the floor which splashed out as they loved one another. "Isak?" Her voice was nothing more than a whisper as she spoke, her hands going to her neck as she realized the agony she was in.

She climbed out of the water and put on a robe that had been set up for her on a chair that sat beside the tub. She tied her wet hair up in a towel and scurried to her room to get dressed. Fortunately, her father had someone send some custom pieces for her and her friends to wear after hearing they lost all their belongings in the woods. She stood in front of the floor length mirror, dropping the robe and gasping in horror as she studied her body. She got closer to the mirror, placing her hand over her neck. There were bruises in the shape of two hands.

She was utterly confused. Had Isak really managed to sneak off and see her, only to try to kill her...or was she so exhausted that she fell asleep in the tub. The latter wouldn't explain the bruises. Something wasn't right.

She got dressed quickly, throwing on a scarf which looked really out of place for the priestess. The moment the fabric touched her neck, she winced from the pain. She tried to heal it with her own powers, but nothing was happening. The pain stayed and, even worse, the bruises stayed. She sighed quietly, putting on slippers and walking to the library to meet up with the group. "What did I miss?" She asked, her typically smooth and cheery voice replaced by hoarseness.

• Stressed
They hurried back through the empty and cold streets of Fal'Addas, to the safety of Elyon's manor, where they thought remained the only person they could still trust to help them. Eilerias mentioned being too soaked in blood to be seen entering his house, something that would bring suspicion after the city's guards find the carnage left at Dalish's house.

Isak was still processing what had happened back there, but every avenue of thought led him towards that Sanctum, to that burning skull. It had to be Dalish's skull, being used as a sacrifice to empower that plague even more. But right now, he only wished to have some time to think properly.

He watched Eilerias slip to the shadows like she was merging with them, entering the house just as they did, until she revealed herself, almost startling Elyon as he came to meet them, anxious for whatever knowledge they had to offer. "There was a blood ritual at the Sanctum, but nothing else." Isak hid the part about the sword he had found, but Eilerias went to tell her father about his closest friend's death, and while Elyon looked shocked for a fleeting moment, he didn't seem very surprised or moved by that news. Isak could feel something strange around him, but he kept silent as Eilerias continued to tell him the details, with Elyon telling her to have a good wash to remove the blood before meeting them back at the library.

Elyon beckoned for them to follow just as Eilerias went upstairs, to clean herself at their room. Isak wanted to follow her, to have another one of those steamy baths that they enjoyed greatly, but he couldn't abuse of Elyon's hospitality by casually waving him off to make love to his daughter. He sighed, seeing Eilerias disappear from his sight as he went below the small bridge at the second floor that would take her to the corridor where their room was located at, accompanying Elyon, Ogden and Lidia to the library.

Ogden and Lidia did most of the talking, covering Elyon with questions regarding old elven magic and telling him the more gruesome details about the blood ritual at the Sanctum, and the carnage they found in Dalish's manor. Still, as intrigued as he was, Elyon looked fairly cold and almost unimpressed, probably due to being a man who lived for so many years, a testament to his power as a ancient elf. Isak said nothing, always clutching at his necklace, like it would make him close to Eilerias. Something was greatly bothering him, but Isak couldn't quite understand what or why.

His necklace lit up with a dimming light, and Isak felt his heart stopping for a second, fearing what that could mean. He wanted to run off towards Eilerias in that same moment, but Elyon called him before he could get up and leave. "That necklace... It is very similar to my daughter's ring, the one you gave to her. Are they matching gifts? You are full of surprises, Mr Isak!" He spoke with that rough and yet warm voice of his, but Isak wasn't moved by that. He confirmed, and before long they were joined by Eilerias, who was strangely wearing a scarf around her neck, along with a new dress of elven seam.

"Not much, my beautiful daughter! I was just complimenting Isak on his loving gift to you, while also possessing something similar himself. It warms my heart, to see a love so strong, unlike my own tragic life..."

Elyon seemed to grab their attention, and with Eilerias there, they talked a bit more about the events of the night, but Isak didn't look away from Eilerias and her scarf once, remaining silent for the rest of the conversation, before Elyon finally spoke about his need to sleep, and they all started retiring to their chambers, leaving Isak and Eilerias alone. She could definitely spot the worried look on his face as Isak offered her his hand, so they could walk back to their room, without exchanging a word.

After finally arriving there and closing the door, Isak watched Eilerias slowly make her way to the bed, seemingly nervous. Intrigued, he walked towards her and sat by her side, his eyes locked on hers. Isak carefully reached for her scarf, but Eilerias flinched from his touch for a moment, worrying him even more, until she finally let Isak touch it, and slowly take it down. His eyes trembled with shock, fear and ultimately anger when he saw the handmarks on her neck, like she had been choked.

"What... Who did this to you?" His voice almost broke down, low but heavy with anger, even intimidating her a bit before Eilerias took his hand and sought to calm him down. Isak stopped for a moment, scared to startle her even more. He apologized, looking away from her in shame before Eilerias gently put his hand to the side of her face, making Isak feel her soft skin. He could feel her warmth, and it was enough to put his mind at ease for the moment, and even though she sought to reassure him, he still had questions.

Isak waited until she felt comfortable enough to tell him what had happened, and why her neck was bruised, reminding him of that dreaded night before their heist.