Private Tales Bad Stakes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The road back to Alliria was as tranquil as ever. The horses had been well looked after, which just made it faster to travel through the countryside, with Lidia pointing out some of the landscape to Gemma, that she had learned from Ogden on their way to Vel'Anir.

Marionna was awfully quiet the whole way, perhaps wondering about life outside those vast walls and still mourning the death of her son. Eilerias though, spent most of the time sleeping, which worried Isak, but she would always wave him off, saying it was only a minor exhaustion from all the power she spent fighting off Elyon. Of course, they spared the details of that battle to Marionna, hoping that the woman would never realize the true extension of that man's monstrosity.

As Eilerias laid on his shoulder in one of the quiet nights where they travelled slower, Isak wouldn't take his eyes off her, watching over her peaceful sleep. She had a gentle smile that wouldn't go away, as if she was having the most marvelous dreams, and Isak would often put some of his fingers over a specific point on his chest, recalling what Eilerias had done to him a few nights prior.

He didn't know the exact details, but he remembered a small bubble of light coming out of her finger and touching his chest, going through his vests and into his skin, where it eventually disappeared inside him. That night, she told him that he would always have a piece of her inside him - his own light, coming from her - to fight off the darkness that Isak worried could somehow consume him. He didn't know if such thing was even possible, to impart some of her magic into his body, but it somehow made him feel more at ease as he opened a shy smile, his fingers hovering over the soft skin of her forearm ever slowly.

Marionna was sleeping as well, with Gemma in her arms and Lidia sitting right beside them. Isak had asked Ogden if he wanted to take some time to rest, but the dwarf replied that he didn't want them to stop and rest in the middle of the road, and that Alliria wasn't far away.

And with that, they eventually reached the muddy roads that would instantly give away how near they were to the outside of that rotten city - their home.

Eilerias still wished to sleep, even if it was inside that caravan, and so Isak had to carry her in his arms on the way to the Raven Club. He could hear Gemma being impressed at every detail of the city being told to her by both Ogden and Lidia, some being more exaggerated tales and ridiculous lies, but she looked happy enough that Isak wouldn't try to refute those. But once in a while, Isak would catch Marionna looking at him and Eilerias, perhaps thoughtful of that unusual pair.

It didn't take long for them to reach the Raven Club, with the night skies already dark and starred. Isak gave instructions for Ogden to prepare one of the spare rooms to Marionna and Gemma's comfort, and also some light meal after those days of travel, while he went on to carefully rest Eilerias on their bed, back in the peace of their room. He gently took of her shoes and made sure she would have some spare pillows to lay next to, his fingers tracing a line from the lines of her eyes all the way to the end of her cheek, a smile sprouting on Isak's face.

"I promise you, Eilerias..." Isak whispered while he carefully stroke her hair, mindful of not waking her up. "I'll never let the darkness consume me, as it did with Elyon."

He didn't know if he would ever be strong enough to resist those shadows for good, but with her help, he could surely try.

Isak left the room, being intercepted by Marionna just as she closed the door to her own room. "Gemma's fast asleep, poor girl is so tired." The woman approached him, and Isak could almost sense that there would be some very curious questions coming his way.

"Forgive me, Mr Lavelle, but I couldn't help but notice the ring on Sylvanna's finger. It is a quite a step, a huge responsibility in one's life, as I'm sure you realize, and I... worry for her. I have been a poor mother to her, but she is still my daughter. Please, promise me you'll take good care of her."

Isak stared at her for a quick moment, taking in her words. He could see that Marionna had changed as well, even though that change had probably been driven by the loss of her child, but she seemed more attentive and loving towards Eilerias, and Isak was grateful for that. "Ei-- Sylvanna is incredibly strong, and brave. She doesn't need me for that, but I would give my life for her, and I vowed to protect her and make her happy. She has suffered much before, back in Vel'Anir, but here..." Isak gripped his necklace, taking a deep breath before continuing. "She found a home in Alliria, people who care about her. I believe that there can be beauty in many things, even in tragedy."

He noticed a few tears falling from Marionna's eyes as he spoke, and Isak worried he had said something wrong, hurting the woman when he had no intention of it, but she suddenly began to laugh a bit, making him confused.

"I can see why she is so in love, you are a charming young man! And those words... Elyon said something similar to me, back when we meant something to each other. He was charming as well, and so very wise. I had been with a few men before him, but he was... unique. Not that he was a elf, but that he was so different from anyone else I had ever met. And then, I realized that I never truly knew him, until he began to show me his darkness, his real self. At least I can live in peace now, knowing that Sylvanna has people to help drive that darkness away from her, and that she can enjoy a happy life, far from all those troubles."

Isak silently agreed with her, before Marionna opened the door to her room again. "I believe I should get some rest too, these past weeks have been exhausting! I look forward to seeing more of Alliria, Mr Lavelle, and good night!" Isak waved her good night as well, before going to kitchen to fetch some water for Eilerias to take once she had waken up. Ogden was nowhere to be seen, probably getting some rest too, and the whole club was dead silent, something that Isak loved. The calmness, so opposite to the frequent noise of that place.

He returned to his room, laying down a jar of water and a empty glass next to the bed before carefully laying next to Eilerias, slowly pulling her closer to him. He spent a few moments thinking about everything that had happened before falling to his own sleep.

In the next morning, he woke up early while Eilerias still slept like a rock. He went down to wake up and Ogden only to find the dwarf having a small cooking challenge with Marionna while both of them laughed and laughed until they were both red and their bellies hurt. It didn't take long for Gemma to arrive to the kitchen as well, and Lidia a few minutes later, while they all waited for some breakfast. Eilerias arrived a few moments later, and Isak almost instantly rushed to greet her, wrapping his arms around her and pressing a short kiss to her forehead.

"I was worried, my love. It feels like you slept for days. Are you feeling well?" He asked her, reaching out to grab some fruits that she could eat before enjoying a proper breakfast. She asked him about inviting their friends over, like some kind of long awaited reunion, and Isak spent some time thinking, and worrying, about what they would all think once they learned of their relationship. "I'm sure I can arrange something in the coming weeks."

Finally, Ogden and Marionna set down the last of the plates, and the enormous breakfast was now fully prepared, just waiting to be seized. Isak, like always, made sure that Eilerias would eat properly, especially given her exhaustion these days, and from the corner of his eye, he could see Marionna watching them, almost too excited.

"Daughter!" She exclaimed, grabbing their attention. "For long you wanted to keep it a secret that you are marrying the lovely Mr Lavelle?" Marionna asked, grinning from ear to ear while Gemma followed suit, surprised but happy.

Perhaps that tour around Alliria could end up being a bit too problematic now...

Eilerias laughed as Isak questioned her, still barely awake after days of sleeping. "I'm alright, just hungry." She yawned, sitting down at the table that Gemma and Isak had been at before Isak had come to greet her. She leaned onto her hands, still feeling tired. "Yes, we must invite them all, even Mr. Briarthorne please! I'll write the invitations myself if that's alright." Her sleepy eyes had a glimmer of excitement pass across them.

She watched, unmoving from her comfortable position as Marionna and Ogden placed quite a large amount of food in front of them, serving enormous proportions to everyone. She had to admit, though she was rarely tempted by food it did smell very good and she was excited to dig in, cleaning her plate embarrassingly quick as soon as she was served.

She jumped as Marionna called to her, demanding to know about keeping her marriage from her. "Oh," She held out her hand, looking at the two girls as they admired the rare gems. "Well I suppose it wasn't the most important detail of our trip, given everything that occurred. In fact, it was only recently, right before we left for Vel'Anir that he proposed."

She felt her cheeks go red, finding it a little embarrassing to be in the spotlight as she served herself more food.

"We haven't really planned anything to do with the wedding yet, but while we were in Fal'Addas, I had this dream of my wedding day. There was this dress I wore that was so beautiful, I need to find a seamstress to make it for me." She was practically glowing as she got into her dreams.

"I could make it!" Gemma offered, proudly smiling. "They teach us ladies all about seamstress work in school. Headmaster says its a good job for a lady these days! If you describe it I could probably sketch it out and we can work on it until it's perfect!"

Eilerias gasped excitedly, "Could you really? When we get a chance, I'll tell you everything about it so you can sketch it out. It was truly magnificent!" She was sad she hadn't told them sooner about her engagement. There was one thing that was bothering her still. Though it was more of a human tradition than elven, she still longed for a parent to walk her down the aisle. Traditionally, the father would take on this role, but Eilerias had no father.

"Marionna, would you do the honor of walking me down the aisle?" She asked suddenly, a hopeful look across her face.

Marionna didn't reply right away, her eyes immediately watering and she sobbed loudly, presumably of happiness. "Yes! It would be my honor, Sylvanna." She scurried over to Eilerias and hugged her tightly, rocking her back and forth.

Eilerias pulled herself away after a few too many moments of hugging, suddenly feeling a bit unwell. Perhaps it was the quality of the food or the volume of which she consumed, but there was something off. "Pardon me, I don't feel well. I think I ate too much." She stood from the table, and excused herself quietly heading upstairs to the bathroom as she felt a knot in her throat. Almost immediately, the horrible feeling caught up to her and she was throwing up the entire contents of her stomach.

"Oh dear, poor thing." Marionna sighed. "That girl's so skinny, I knew she'd be sick as soon as I saw her grabbing seconds. Does she ever eat?"

• Wonder
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
It felt right, having Marionna and Gemma reunited with Eilerias, drinking and eating in harmony. Even for a simple breakfast, Ogden spared no expenses to provide them with the best food possible, almost equatting a banquet.

Isak had went to his seat, still holding Eilerias' hand as they all gathered around the large table, Ogden and Marionna putting down the last plates and waiting for everyone to serve their food. Isak was happy to see Eilerias so excited and filling her plate with a large amount of food, feeling relieved that his many worried lectures about her need to put herself first for a bit were finally taking effect.

It was such a good moment, a sweet morning with delicious food and wonderful company, as they all shared laughs and Ogden continued to amaze Gemma with his many far fetched stories about Alliria, and also his days as a mercenary. Isak and Eilerias had once been stray children, alone in a dangerous world, with little to no people to care for them, but now they felt like they belonged somewhere, to someone, to a family. And such, when Marionna spoke about their marriage, with Eilerias showing them her ring, Isak couldn't help but open up a large smile.

"I suppose we got caught up in our efforts to end the plague, and as Sylvanna has said, I only proposed recently." Isak added to Eilerias' explanation, still finding it weird to be calling her by that name, even though he knew that the choice to divulge more of her past to her mother and sister was a choice only she could make, and he would always be careful to not take that from her, even instructing Ogden of the same. The dwarf, who also had his own demons of the past to deal with, like everyone, promptly understood, and vowed to be careful when conversing with Marionna and Gemma.

Isak and Ogden spoke briefly in the last night, and the dwarf had finally admitted to needing help with his long standing injury on his sword arm. Isak never felt like he should be ordering him to get his arm healed, especially knowing his friend's fear of magic, but Eilerias was probably the only person in the world that he would trust with magic, and the dwarf had promised to ask her to heal his arm at a later time.

Isak felt overly happy seeing Marionna, Gemma and Eilerias so engaged in all their talk about the wedding, and Gemma had also been kind enough to save Isak the trouble of searching all over Alliria for a seamstress skilled enough to create the very same dress that Eilerias dreamed and told him about. He already felt incredibly anxious just thinking about the moment when he would have Eilerias by his side, to be officially declared his wife. He sipped some more water, just before Eilerias backed away from Marionna's hug, his heart sinking when he spotted the grimacing pain in her face. Something was not right.

Eilerias quickly excused herself, leaving everyone in the room confused, but Isak didn't take more than a few seconds to bolt after her, going up the stairs and finally finding her in the bathroom, already vomiting everything that she had eaten. "My love, what's happening? Are you alright?" His voice carried great worry as Isak knelt beside her, holding up her hair as she let out more of the food. Isak grabbed her hand, letting her grip it as tight as she wanted to in the midst of that horrible moment.

"Eile..." He whispered, almost desperately so as his thumb wandered over the soft skin of her hand. He wanted nothing more than for her to stop going through that suffering, even if Isak had no idea what was the cause of it. "I'm worried about you, you haven't been feeling well for days. Please, tell me." He wondered if Eilerias even knew herself about what kind of ailment had been afflicting her, but he would take any answers right now.

Isak slowly and gently embraced her, his fingers tracing her back as he sought to calm her down, still holding on to her hand. "Let's get you to bed a bit, we can postpone our tour with your mother and sister for a few hours." Isak spoke softly, not wanting her to feel bad or blame herself about anything, simply taking her on his arms effortlessly and walking with her to their room. He could see Ogden down at the lobby, worried about Eilerias as well, but his gaze had been enough to put the dwarf at ease as he went back to the kitchen to reassure Marionna and Gemma that everything would be alright.

Isak carefully laid her down on the bed, arranging a few pillows for her head and sitting beside her, stroking her hair and caressing her face. His brown eyes couldn't hide his fear, he hated seeing the love of his life, the woman he loved above everything, hurting like that. Isak started thinking about all the reasons that could've lead her to that, even going as far as worrying if it had been anything to do with her shadows, or the overuse of her powers in their adventures in Fal'Addas.

But also, another thought came to his mind as he entwined his bare fingers with hers, looking at her passionately. "When will you tell them about your name, your new life?"

He knew it was a hard question, and Isak didn't mean to pry on her personal motives, but he felt that perhaps Marionna and Gemma deserved to know about Eilerias' past, even if she could never tell them all the nasty details that entailed it. But at least, to have them know about her name, not the one she buried with the little duped girl, but the name given to her that ushered in a new life to her.

Isak also recalled something else, something that he didn't want to divulge so soon, but that it felt like a great idea to cheer her up now. He had started the renovations of Dalanar with Ogden a few weeks before, and intensified it once they had arrived back from Fal'Addas, diverting a large sum of his resources to restore that beautiful place. Isak wanted it to be a wedding gift to Eilerias, and enough progress had been made that he could finally show her, in a few days. They could even take Marionna and Gemma there to see it, to glance upon all the lost wonders of the elven kind, so that they can understand more about them.

"I wish to show you something, my love. Just give me a few days, and I promise you won't regret it." He said, leaning in to leave a tender kiss on her forehead, hoping that she could be feeling better now. They could stay there for a few more hours, Isak was sure that Ogden would be enough to keep Marionna and Gemma distracted until they could them around the city.

• Bless
Reactions: Eilerias
Eilerias threw up a few more times before she was able to answer Isak, her voice shaky as she spoke. "I think I've eaten way too much." She tried to joke, but she truly was unsure of why she had been feeling so lethargic as they traveled home. She took a few minutes to compose herself, feeling much better as he whispered to her.

She took a deep breath to calm herself before speaking as though she knew what was wrong. "You seem to forget how much of my magic I've used over the last few weeks, love." Her voice was much softer now as she turned to him. "I'm sure I've told you of the toll overuse takes on me. This isn't the first time I've slept for days or felt ill after using magic and it certainly won't be the last if we keep ending up in crazy predicaments." She chuckled.

She wanted to argue that she was fine, but she let Isak bring her back to their bed anyway. A few more hours of rest never hurt anyone. She thought to herself as he placed her on the bed. "Please don't worry yourself," She placed her hand on his arm trying to reassure him. "I'm alright, this is normal for me." She turned to take a sip of the water that Isak had placed beside her last night, trying to remove the terrible aftertaste of vomit.

"Well, truly I'm not sure if I should tell them. I worry it would hurt Marionna's feelings if she knew what I did to get here and how I took on a new name." She paused to think. "But I suppose they will find out sooner or later. Perhaps when I take them to my church, I can tell them. Though of course I'm not going to explain the reasoning why beyond a friend gave it to me."

She took a few more sips of the water, quietly thinking about how she would explain the change before Isak mentioned showing her something. "Show me what?" She demanded to know, rolling over to face him. "Why not now?" She gave her best begging face, eager to know what he had to show her.

• Bless
Isak spent a few more moments to his silent thoughts, pondering on what Eilerias had just said. In truth, he knew that Marionna and her sister would never take those news kindly, especially given the nature of what Eilerias had done to survive. He would never push her away for that, but Isak feared that maybe her family would, preferring to think of her as a killer, rather than a survivor.

She was no killer. Isak refused to think of her that way, knowing the suffering she went through to survive, after being left alone and helpless.

He tilted his head to look at her again, relieved to see her regaining a bit of color and also taking some of the water he had left for her the last night. He could see the red streaks on her fair cheeks again, her natural beauty blossoming again after the vomits moments ago. In times like those, when Isak said nothing and merely watched her in awe, it felt like a dream to be looking at someone so beautiful, as bright as a angel, if such things even existed.

Eilerias brought him back from his thoughts, excitedly asking him about what he had said moments before. Isak knew he would spark her curiosity when he spoke about showing her something, which was exactly what he meant to do, as his own way of cheering her up. But even as she stared at him with those big and beautiful golden eyes, almost begging him to share with her all the details, Isak tried his hardest to resist, opening a cheeky smile.

"Did your precious church teach you nothing about the sins of being so curious, my beautiful priestess?" He provoked her, and it didn't take long for Eilerias to frustratingly pull him by the arm she had been holding before, making Isak stumble and fall over her, their faces almost coming together. "Careful, my love... Your mother is just downstairs, are you sure you want her to hear us?" He joked, teasing her about how close they were, feeling each other's hot touch as Isak slowly drifted his hand along her waist.

After a few laughs, Isak quickly left a kiss on her cheek before laying at Eilerias' side, allowing her to rest her head on his chest while they both stared at the art filled ceiling of the room, in a comfortable silence. Isak couldn't help but to think, and worry, about Marionna and Gemma's reactions to Eilerias' story, fearing how well they would take those revelations, and how much it would hurt Eilerias to see her own mother abandoning her again.

He couldn't let that happen. Isak refused to see Eilerias hurt and abandoned by her family again.

"You don't need to tell them everything, Eile. Spare them the haunting details, but let them know that Sylvanna is a part of you that's been buried." He suggested, looking at her again.

It wouldn't necessarily be a lie, more of a omission, and there were many times when such things were necessary, to avoid hurting those we love. Marionna and Gemma didn't need to know the lengths of which Eilerias had to go in order to survive, they only needed to know that she did.

"And speaking of details..." He started to speak again, another short smile forming on his lips as he led her with interest. "I could use a lady's help in regards to our wedding. Would you be so kind as to help me, love?" Isak softly asked, hoping to see her face lit in happiness and excitement again. They had decided, back in Vel'Anir, that they wished to be married as soon as possible, and since Isak was stretched too thin with the secret repairs of Dalanar, Eilerias' help in such a important matter would be most welcome.

Isak knew that she was already taking care of her wedding dress, along with Gemma's help, but Isak had no knowledge about those kinds of ceremonies, having never cared about them before, and he didn't wish to disappoint Eilerias.

He would spare no expense to see her as happy as possible in their most important day.

And also, it had been quite some time since they could enjoy some precious quiet time together, just the two of them talking, with no other worries looming over them. Isak cherished such moments greatly, and he was relieved to have them once again, even if they were supposed to leave and show Marionna and Gemma around Alliria later on.

Eilerias was quiet upon Isak's mentioning of her name. He was right, she had to tell them at some point that Sylvanna was no longer her name. It would likely hurt Marionna even worse to find out while they were on a tour; someone calling for Eilerias and she would either have to ignore them or come clean in a place she wasn't comfortable doing so.

Eilerias knew it was what she had to do in order to escape a terrible situation, but she also felt that her mother would be disappointed, throwing away a name that was carefully chosen for her. A name that suited her heritage, though her mother did not approve of the elves. She would probably want to know the reason behind giving up her identity and Eilerias would have to tell them the gruesome truth or hide behind lies which fed her shadows and made them stronger.

What if she told them what she had done to escape? Would they understand and stay or would they run back, informing guards of her crimes? Could she live with the potential of the Vel'Anirian guards hunting her down in order to try her for her crimes? She had no answers to these questions that which haunted her since she fled with Gwendolyn.

She had been so lost in her own thoughts, she missed what Isak mentioned and had him repeat. "The wedding..." She trailed off thoughtfully, mixing the wedding in with her own troubles. "Of course, I'll take care of the details. I know it is quite silly, but I really want it to be just like it was in my dream. It was in a forest, maybe even Falwood. It was all very elven actually with lanterns hanging in the trees and even you were in traditional elven clothing." She let out a small laugh. "Perhaps the elven inspiration was from my father's influence over us."

She was quiet for a few more minutes before suddenly breaking the silence. "We need to tell Gwen." She stated, letting it sit out in the open for a few seconds before continuing. "After the reunion perhaps. I don't want to hide things from her or Charity. It's not fair to them. Maybe I'll take a few minutes in the reunion to determine how upset they'd be at me for keeping us a secret from them." She sat up, "Speaking of unfair, I do suppose it is not fair of me to hide my new name from Marionna and Gemma."

"I want them to be a part of my life, even when they return to Vel'Anir, I want them to come visit, but they should know who I am."
She pushed herself to the edge of the bed and got up, ignoring Isak telling her she should rest. "I really do feel better, I think I should tell them....before we go out. Gods could you imagine someone calling my name while we are giving them a tour?" She laughed, sounding more nervous as the opened the door and made her way back to the lobby where the two girls and Ogden remained.

Her expression was more serious as she joined them at the table, feeling as though she needed to come clean now or never. "Marionna, Gemma, I need to talk to you two about something...something private." She looked at Ogden who understood it was time for him to take his leave and go upstairs. She waited until he was gone before proceeding. She studied their faces, carefully taking in what emotional state they were in before she spoke.

"What is it dear?" Marionna sounded confused but a smile soon sprouted on her face, confusing Eilerias. "Is it your illness? Don't worry Sylvanna, it will get better...give it some time."

Eilerias raised an eyebrow, unsure of what Marionna was talking about before shaking her head. "No, I'm alright. I don't usually eat that much. I think I gave my body quite the shock." She laughed nervously before continuing.

"It's my name..."
She took a deep breath. "Um...before I came here, I was in Vel'Anir as you know...I worked in the church there, the church of light. I was a healer there but unlike other healers, I didn't turn people away. I was serving criminals and other people that the church forbid during my time there." She paused to look at their faces once again, feeling their emotions shift more to confusion.

"I had always maintained every other cardinal rule, but I was found to be serving those with more darkness in them than light and I was removed from my position. I was exiled from the church, however they had the authority to punish me for my sins and I was to be sent into the prisons of Vel'Anir until I had a trial. A woman who had come for healing many times helped me escape before they could bring me in and we fled to Alliria. I have no doubts many know Sylvanna as remains they found in the forest..." She looked down.

"I had heard that, but when I saw you I knew you were my daughter and you were not dead." Marionna reached out to grab Eilerias' arm.

"The woman, Gwendolyn, helped me hide my belongings throughout the forest before we left, hoping they would find them and put off any search for me. As long as they think that I am dead, I am safe." She looked back up. "The name Sylvanna died in the forest, Gwendolyn gave me a new name. Eilerias. It is what everyone here calls me. Because of Gwendolyn I am able to practice again and heal anyone with no restrictions. Please, Marionna and Gemma, address me as Eilerias when we are in public. I fear if the guards discover that Sylvanna is not dead, they may bring me back to be put on trial and sentenced to death for my sins."

"I see..." Marionna pulled her hand away as she spoke, glancing at Gemma who looked equally confused.

The group was quiet for a while, making Eilerias uncomfortable as she could no longer decipher their emotions. Thankfully she heard Isak coming down to break the awkward silence.

• Cry
Isak couldn't help but imagine all the details that Eilerias had been telling him, in regards to their wedding. He wondered before, if such ceremony should be hosted in a place like Alliria, or if they should marry in a place more fitting to their nature and heritage, somewhere they could feel safe and embraced, far away from the ruckus of the city.

The Falwood would be perfect, with the lanterns hanging from the trees and everything else that Eilerias could've imagined. Isak had decided that he would spare nothing to fulfill her dreams of a perfect wedding night.

He also laughed at her mention of her father being an influence to their ideas, recalling that he also enjoyed staying in a beautiful place such as Fal'Addas, so different from the roughness of human towns. "Do elven attires come in black as well? I fear lighter colors diminish my charms a bit." Isak joked as well, rejoicing in taking a few more laughs from her, feeling his heart aching with happiness to see her smiling again. He loved to just stay quiet and admiring as she trailed off with her many ideas, knowing full well that Eilerias was so similar to him in that regard, her head steaming with many words and ideas at all times.

In honest truth, Isak didn't recall wearing anything other than his usual black and expensive suits, all sharp tailored to make it look like he was some incredibly rich merchant. It was almost a common requirement, to deal with so many influential people in a city filled with nobles and businessmen, and Isak needed to look the part.

But maybe, an elven suit would be a nice change from his bland wardrobe. And he already knew that Eilerias would insist and stay with him an entire day while they tried all the different suits for the occasion.

Isak tried protesting as she sat up and slowly pushed herself to the edge of the bed, fearing that she still needed some more time to rest. "Eile, you shouldn't get up now..." He softly begged her, but Eilerias insisted, and Isak wouldn't go against her wishes, especially to not tire her out even more. He simply accompanied her, sitting right next to her and letting their shoulders touch only slightly.

"They would understand, I'm sure of it." He spoke, referring to Eilerias' questions about telling Gwendolyn and Charity of their relationship, and also their engagement. "Gwendolyn cares for you as a mother would, and Charity loves you as a sister. They would want nothing else but to see you happy." Isak said, gently taking her hand and looking at her, squeezing it softly as Eilerias once again thought about telling the harsh truths of her past life to Marionna and Gemma. He could feel that she still hesitated, still thought of all the ways that her life could be ruined again, fearing that her mother and sister would once again leave her behind.

But also, she was adamant about having them in her life, to have them visiting once in a while, and Isak would fully support her in that. They got up together and walked outside the room, but Isak stood behind in the corridor, watching Eilerias walk downstairs to speak with Marionna and Gemma while he kept on hearing it from afar.

He listened as Eilerias gathered the strength to tell them her story, feeling proud of her for doing so, a short smile forming on his lips, but he also grew wary of the awkward silence that fell upon them, quickly going downstairs and appearing next to Eilerias. "They would be a bit too preoccupied with their own sins, of course. And many of those belong to myself now." He spoke confidently, as Marionna and Gemma looked at him strangely, probably confused. "I am a man of business, but I don't deal only in drinks and trinkets. My influence stretches to the whole of Alliria, with eyes and ears everywhere." He explained, trying his best to not be too direct on his approach.

How could he begin to tell them that he had bribed and intimidated much of the city's guards by now, without scaring them away for life? Much like Eilerias and the gruesome details of her origins, Isak couldn't be so forthright with what his work encompassed.

"There's a dark world that runs in the streets of this city, and I am involved in its shaping. Eilerias is also my partner in that, and as I told you before, Marionna..." Isak looked at her mother now, as she seemed to put together the pieces of what he was telling them. Although Isak couldn't tell if Marionna looked fearful or relieved to see her daughter with such a powerful and also dangerous man. "I will love and protect her always. She is a survivor, much like myself, and she has also saved many lives here."

Isak was holding Eilerias' hand now, bringing her closer to him as Marionna watched them. She still looked a bit perplexed, no doubt taking in all that information and still very much concerned about what kinds of things that her daughter had done. "Your daughter is the one bright spot in a world so filled with darkness and many wrong things, Marionna. I am lucky to have her by my side." Isak looked at Eilerias passionately, his thumb caressing her hand.

She was the one bright spot in Isak's own world of darkness.

• Bless
Eilerias looked away as Isak spoke of his own sins, wondering if now was the time to tell her mother of the business Isak and Eilerias had been involved in. Surely faking her own death was a terrible act which shocked her mother, but she was unsure of how she would react to finding out the man she appeared to be very fond of was dealing in the darker avenue that business had to offer. She wouldn't stop him from speaking though, allowing him to judge whether or not he could tell the woman they had only just met days ago of their business.

The mention of her own name brought her back into the conversation and she nodded, though she didn't give off the same confidence that Isak did when he spoke of business. It was still hard to think of herself as fully involved in the criminal activity which took place in Alliria. One would think she'd learn to stay away from that crowd after the ordeal in Vel'Anir which caused her to be removed from the church. Gwendolyn and Charity would surely attest that Eilerias never really learned. She followed her heart, not her brain and that was why Gwendolyn was so strict with her.

When she first arrived in Alliria, Gwendolyn accompanied Eilerias anywhere she wanted to go, always concerned the young girl would get herself in trouble if she let her go on her own. It took quite a long time, but eventually Gwendolyn would allow her to go out on her to go shopping or attend church, though she had strict curfews and there were many lectures which came when she broke them. Sometimes she missed those days, having Gwendolyn there like a mother. Now, she barely saw the woman and it felt as though she was no longer welcome like she once was in those archives where she came all those years ago.

Though she had spaced out for much of the conversation, a sadness briefly taking over her, she heard Isak declare that he will love and protect her always. She reached her hand over to his, gripping it tightly. She felt tears form in her eyes but they remained there, not traveling down her face.

I will love and protect you always.

Gwendolyn once said those words to her, wrapping her up in blankets and giving her tea in the archives, she said the same words. Of course now, it felt like they had meant nothing. Gwendolyn had refused to see her months ago and nothing has changed since then. How could she say that to her, treating her like her own child, only to abandon her like her real mother had?

She nodded, confirming what Isak had said. "Yes, we will take you by the church of light where I heal people." Her words felt robotic coming out as she tried to reintegrate herself back into the conversation. "I am lucky to have you by my side as well Isak." She smiled, squeezing his hand. "Speaking of showing you the church, I do suppose we should give them a tour. I know this is a lot to take in and you have many questions, but you needn't worry. Isak has guards all over Alliria..." She looked at him, the edges of her mouth twitching as she tried not to laugh. He knew she hated the guards following her everywhere, though she did appreciate the safe feeling it gave her to know she had someone there.

"Aye...yes I do suppose we should go on the tour while it's still early." Marionna said, motioning for Gemma to get up. She looked at Isak, and placed her hand on his shoulder. "You are a good man and you treat my Sylv- my Eilerias well. I do not judge your work as long as my daughter is cared for, safe, and happy." She gave the two of them a motherly smile as she, too, stood to leave, excited to see what Alliria had to offer.

• Bless
Isak looked at her hand as Marionna placed it on his shoulder. He was surprised to see that she hadn't cowered away in fear, even when he had told them more about his true line of work. Marionna was a woman who seemed to have been through a lot, which would explain why she simply walked to them and gave her own blessing to their relationship.

Isak felt Eilerias gripping his hand a bit tighter, looking at her softly while Marionna spoke, calling him a good man. Eilerias surely took after her mother, both of them thinking that he was indeed a good man, even with everything that he's done.

He wouldn't fight that now, Isak had learned that it was no sin to admit that maybe there were parts of him that weren't completely broken, beyond repair, and that there was still some sort of goodness in his heart, especially when he was near Eilerias. She was everything to him, the one person to keep him grounded, to fill him with hope, the same hope that Isak now had about Marionna and Gemma thinking of Alliria as another home to them, that they could enjoy that time together with Eilerias, after all the tragedies that family had went through.

"Thank you, Marionna. I will make your daughter happy, I give you my word, once again." He said, not once taking his eyes off Eilerias as his thumb rubbed her hand. Isak could see that something had been troubling her, she looked very absentmindedly that entire time, but he wouldn't bring that up now, just as when they were about to start their small tour around Alliria.

Isak and Eilerias always had a way to read each other perfectly, almost like a spell. And just as Eilerias could see and sense whenever his thoughts were heavy with trouble, Isak could feel her sadness. He didn't know if it was related to her telling of her tragic background to her own mother, or if it was due to all the problems they faced in Vel'Anir or Fal'Addas, but she almost looked... lonely. And so, when Ogden came about, calling them to the streets and already leading the way with Lidia and Gemma, Isak stood behind in silence, walking hand in hand with Eilerias.

"Aye, boss knows everythin' about the city! So don't go about lookin' for trouble, Miss Gemma!" Ogden said as they walked the streets of Alliria, showing the many points of interest to Gemma while Lidia also joined in to tell her and Marionna about the first time she had seen all those buildings and different structures, back when Isak and Eilerias had taken her in, after freeing her from captivity in Cerak. "Alliria's a nice lil' gem, but she's also a feisty beast, yeah. We do our part to make sure she doesn't bite back all the time!"

Isak and Eilerias let the rest of the group wander forward, while they were both lost to their thoughts, even though he was more worried about her than anything else. They could already see Eilerias' church in the vicinity, with Ogden taking reports from the mercenaries about the state of the streets, and of how everything had been going smoothly the past few weeks, so Isak knew he had a little bit of time to speak privately with his loved priestess again. "Something's troubling you."

He spoke out suddenly, hoping to surprise her as Isak ceased his steps, and they both stopped halfway from crossing the threshold of her church's courtyard, watching as the others marvelled about the wonderful garden just outside the main building. "Remember what you told me, just shortly before I... left, after the heist?" Isak still recalled her words that night, after their kiss, asking, almost begging him to not hide anything from her, that he knew he could always trust her, with his every secret, and with every troubling thought that crossed his mind.

Back then, Isak already knew that it troubled Eilerias to see him so distraught, just as he was feeling about her now. He didn't want to feel powerless, to not be able to help her.

"I'm here for you, my love. I won't ever leave you, nor will I stop loving and protecting you. To my last breath, I will make you happy. So..." His voice was low and soft as his fingers gently reached the tip of her chin, slowly bringing Eilerias to look at his brown eyes, so filled with love for her. "Miss Lavelle, treasure of my heart, tell me... What's on your mind?"

Isak asked with all the care in the word, a small yet charming smile on his face as his fingers now caressed her cheek.

Eilerias knew very well that Isak always kept his promises, and his most important one had been to make her feel safe, loved and happy, just as Marionna had said.

Eilerias lagged behind Marionna, Gemma, Lidia, and Ogden as she waited for Isak. She grabbed his gloved hand as they left the club and were greeted by the bright morning sun. She was quiet, lost in her own thoughts as she shut her eyes, letting Isak guide her as she enjoyed the warmth. She almost regretted that she slept so late everyday and missed such a delightful event.

"Hm?" She opened here eyes and looked up at Isak as he broke their silence, seemingly worried about her. She raised her eyebrow as he brought up her words from the night he left them all. How could she forget? She was furious with him in the days following that night. They kissed and then he left without saying a word.

It took a while for her anger to be replaced by worry and sadness. She spent days wondering if she had done something wrong or if she was the reason he left. It was very hard on her, the constant worry of being abandoned by people that she loved. First her own family, then the mother who took her in, and finally a man she had fallen in love with. Of course, had she known he was only leaving to secure more deals for the Raven Club maybe she would have felt better. Maybe she would have understood.

She looked back towards the church they were headed towards, trying to decide what to tell him. She didn't want to sour the mood they were all in, so she was unsure if she wanted to bring up the similarity between Isak and Gwen's words. Squeezing his hand gently she began to talk. "I'm just very tired." She sighed. "The trip really took a lot out of me. I feel like I could sleep for another week truthfully."

She felt guilty, not immediately sharing her worries with him. A guilt that quickly came to the surface after she started talking. She stopped in the middle of the cobblestone road and looked up at Isak. "Did I do something? After the heist? I just don't understand why you left without saying a word to me, especially after we talked about not hiding things from one another. And now you say you will love me and protect me." She continued walking forward, trying to catch back up with the group as she spoke. "Gwendolyn said the same exact thing and now she won't even speak to me. Forgive me, but I do have some problems with people abandoning me."

• Bless
"I see..." Isak couldn't shake off the thoughts that there was more to her words than Eilerias was letting on. But he would never press her, Isak would always prefer to give her the space and peace of mind that she wanted, merely nodding and continuing on as they walked, up until the moment when Eilerias stopped, looking at him.

That question... What he did that night still haunted Isak to this day. He had been a coward, without giving thought to what Eilerias would feel, or what she would think. He left Alliria that same night, without any warning, not realizing how much she would suffer, and probably even hate him.

But how could he ever admit to her that their kiss and her words had lit a fire on him that Isak could never have imagined before? How could he say to her that he had been so in love with her, and yet so afraid to accept that, that he chose to take care of his pending business, away from Alliria, instead of staying and being with her? Sure, things were so much better now that Isak had finally admitted his love to her, and they were even about to marry Eilerias, but there was a time when Isak could barely sleep, fearing that he had lost her forever, due to being such a headless fool.

He closed his eyes, unable to look at Eilerias while feeling her sharp gaze towards him. He thought of many ways he could answer her, but Isak ended up settling on taking her hand and slowly putting atop his chest, right over his heart. Had she done something? Yes, but it had been something extraordinary.

"Can you feel it beating? Do you feel me so alive and happy, so different from when you first met me?" He asked, finally opening his eyes to lock in on her golden eyes. He looked so very determined now, almost to a surprising extent. He had realized what troubled her, the fear of abandonment again, the monsters that always lurked around her mind, probably helped by the dark influence of her shadows.

It mattered not, for Isak only wished one thing now. To clear whatever doubts she had, to wash away those fears and let Eilerias know of the person he was now - thanks to her.

"You did this, Eilerias. But I was a fool, I was afraid. From the moment I realized I loved you, I hated myself for involving you in such a dangerous world, but I couldn't stop myself. I disappeared, but not a day went by that I wouldn't think of you."

His voice was almost breaking down as Isak fought against the tears, trying to make himself look stronger, still hopelessly trying not to feel so exposed, even in front of the woman he loved. But it was only thanks to their love, that he could open himself so. Isak let his forehead press against hers as he slowly leaned in, feeling her warmth as they got close to each other. "I told you before, nothing will keep me from you. I love you, Eile... And I will never run away, I'll never abandon you. I meant what I said, the promise I made to your mother. I'll love and protect you forever."

He couldn't hold himself any longer, his entire body itched for it. Isak's hand slowly reached in to her face as he touched her lips, feeling a shocking wave surging through his entire body as they kissed, without any care or regard that Ogden, Marionna, Lidia and Gemma were looking, and cheering at them, from the gates of her church. Luckily for them, there were no other people nearby, the tall foliage of the garden almost covering the whole vicinity, but they were too occupied to care about anything else.

All that mattered in that moment was their love, and making sure that Eilerias never felt that fear of being abandoned again.

Isak opened his eyes to look at her, realizing that they were both blushing. He had a huge smile on his face as well, his eyes sparkling at her beauty. A single tear fell from his eye, but Isak didn't even notice it, still pressing her body towards him.

"You better get used to having me around, my beautiful priestess. I won't let go of you, and I'll be by your side, always."

Isak would never let her feel abandoned again. He would do anything for her, the woman that he loved above everything. His own personal saint.

In that moment, Isak even forgot that they were supposed to be showing their guests the wonders of Eilerias' church, as well as the extravagant pleasures of the rest of the city. But if it was solely his choice, Isak would've preferred to stay there, with Eilerias on his arms, for the rest of the day.

"You're my family, Eile."

• Bless
"I'm alright, I promise" She restated, trying to reassure Isak that she was okay. There was no sense bringing up the woman who refused to see her again. Isak already knew Gwendolyn was not taking her as a visitor, but it really did eat her up inside. She didn't know why the woman who she thought of as a mother no longer wanted to see her. "I'm just very very exhausted. I think being tired brings out my emotional side."

She gave him time to respond, a little worried by his silence as he thought. She continued to stare at him, wondering if he even had an answer for her question. Confused as he grabbed her hand and placed it on his heart, asking her if she felt it beating.

"Of course I feel it, you know I feel everything..." She felt everything too much, she might add. She let him continue though as he tried to reassure her that he really meant every word he said. He looked sad as he spoke, as if he thought she didn't believe him. She really did, she knew he was being truthful as he made her promises.

"I love you t-" She tried to respond, only to be pulled into a tight embrace where their lips met. Though startled at his suddenness, his kiss was welcome as the world melted around them. It had been so long since they last spent time together, she had completely forgotten that they were meant to be discrete, staying out of the public eye. She could not care if passersby or even churchgoers witnessed the moment. All she saw was Isak.

She watched as he opened his eyes, a little disappointed when he pulled away from the kiss as a tear streamed down his face. Quickly, she reached up to wipe it away as he continued speaking. "Please promise me you won't leave me..." She began to speak but stopped for a moment.

Could she really ask him to never leave her? Of course that was too selfish.

"At least not unless its for business and I cannot come along because of my work." She tried to clarify her demand, knowing it still sounded completely ridiculous to give him demands that affected his livelihood.

"Family..." She smiled, looking from Isak over to where her mother and half-sister stood watching them. "My family."

She held onto him for a few more tender moments before they both let go and continued with the group to the church.

"Welcome!" She said, pushing the heavy wooden doors open and motioning for everyone to enter. "This is the Church of Light: Alliria Branch" She smiled proudly, showing off her hard work. "This is where I heal, teach healing, and spread the truth of Sol'Nityr, the god of light!" She continued to give her standard speech and tour that she had seemingly given everyone aside from her mother and sister many times before.

• Cthuulove
Every time they kissed, it was like time itself slowed down, it was a special feeling that Isak lacked the proper words to describe. Not that he had ever kept track of it, but even though they had kissed so many times that he lost count, it still stirred something inside him, making his heart throbbing in such a erratic way, he could barely contain the happiness within him.

He tried his best to hide it from Eilerias, but Isak always felt like a happy child whenever they shared those loving moments. Being with her was enough fulfillment for a lifetime. And each time, it felt as special as the first time they shared such moments.

Isak still held her by her waist, pressing his forehead to hers as he slowly opened his eyes, noticing her disappointment as they broke away from that long kiss to look at each other. Gently, she cleaned the lone tear that had fallen from his eye and that Isak hadn't even noticed before, his face almost twisting in surprise for a moment before she spoke again, asking him to never leave her. Isak opened his mouth in surprise, so many words desperately trying to roll off his tongue as he thought of ways to tell her that he would never leave her.

He couldn't help but notice how she paused for a moment, probably pondering over a better way to convey those words to him. Isak already imagined that she would be feeling too selfish to be asking such things from him, but he would never judge her so, not when he was even more selfish to want to have her all to himself, unafraid of the consequences.

He didn't mind being selfish anymore, not when his desire to be with her for the rest of his life was even stronger.

But he knew that Eilerias cared and worried greatly, and he sought to comfort her, opening a short smile as he caressed her face. "I won't leave you, my love. And I want to have you by my side, even on my work. There's still so much of my world that I wish to show you, if you'd like to." There were still so many places that he wanted them to visit, so many tales and adventures to be told, and a surprise that he was yet to show her, in a few more days. Isak rejoiced at the thought, as Eilerias looked over to the rest of the group, referring to them, all of them, as her family.

Their family. They finally had a family, as unusual as they were, but still a family. Ogden would certainly love to entertain that thought.

After a few more moments of holding each other in loving embrace, Isak and Eilerias finally made their way inside her church, with the priestess opening the wooden doors to give way for the rest to walk inside and marvel at the laurels of her hard work. She led them all around the church, explaining every bit of art, every imagery engraved with the signs of her light god, and Isak still watched in excitement as she spoke, so visibly comfortable and sure of herself as she spoke of the work of her life. Isak almost couldn't contain the pride in which he felt at saying her so... liberated. He knew that Eilerias felt more like herself in that space, educating others in the ways of her religion.

She looked as radiant as any image of her light god.

The tour didn't take much longer, and they would soon leave while the sun was still up to explore the other wonders of Alliria, especially the markets where Marionna felt so familiar in, purveying around the many extravagant wares and even buying some new fabrics to take back to her home in Vel'Anir. More in his field now, Isak was happy to explain to them how the markets of the city worked, with the ever vigilant eyes of the Merchant's Guild and their heavy tributes, but also in how many of those stores also owed protection to Isak, as he and his crew kept the grunts and thugs of the lower districts in check.

All in all, it had been a quiet and yet tiresome day, as they finally returned home to the Raven Club at night, just as the night of gambling and festivities had started. Gemma seemed eager to try her luck in some of the dice games, but Isak feared that Marionna would never allow her to. He looked over to Eilerias as he held her hand, smiling awkwardly as if he wanted help to sort that little predicament, but it didn't take long before Ogden whiskered away the girl to one of the desks, introducing her to the other patrons and saying that he would be paying for the first rounds. After a brief silence, they all cheered her name and welcomed her to the game, even explaining some of the rules.

"I hope your sister is as fast a learner as you were." Isak spoke next to Eilerias' ear, having himself a bit of fun as they watched Ogden already losing some money at the opening round. Lavelle signaled to one of his workers to get them some wine and food, before he sought to ask Eilerias if she wanted to stay around for a bit longer, to enjoy some more time with her family, or if she wanted to return to their room, to have some time just for the two of them.

It had been quite some time since they enjoyed some precious time for themselves, and she could probably tell from the look on his face, and from his cheeks getting more and more red, that it wouldn't take long for the wine to kick in and to have Isak taking her on his arms back to their room.

On that night, Isak would be selfish again. He was selfish enough to desire Eilerias all to himself.

"I want you, Eile..." He teasingly whispered on her ear, getting dangerously closer to her, his arms slowly wrapping around her waist.

• Bless
The tour was no different than any other tour she had given there, one Isak and Ogden were probably sick of hearing, but one she never got sick of giving. The church was her pride and joy, something she was able to do nearly all on her own- from gaining approval to open her own branch, to creating pieces of art, it was hers.

Maybe it was her excitement to share her hard work or Sol'Nityr looking down at her, but she appeared to give off a golden glow as she led them around. It was subtle, but to a well trained eye like Isak's it was anything but. Strangely, the resilient bruises which had sat on her neck in the shape of the shadow-mimic's hands appeared to be fading from existence and those who were standing close enough to her would find their surface wounds healing themselves as well....if they were paying attention.

"-And that's pretty much all there is to know about the Church of Light in Alliria!" She smiled, walking out with the others, her golden glow going a little dull as she exited. She was feeling much better as they continued on with their day, spending time in the markets. Eilerias rarely spent time there, except for when she was acquiring items for her church and because Isak had become adamant about her eating habits- always having Ogden prepare something for her- she saw no need to purchase food on her own.

She watched as Marionna and Gemma shopped around for fabrics, smiling as Gemma asked her to pick out some she liked for her dress. Fortunately, she found some fabrics reminiscent of the dress from her dreams and Marionna didn't hesitate to pay for them. "Anything for my daughter's wedding." She said, refusing to let Isak pay as it was a gift.

It seemed like Marionna's grieving process was much more easy than Eilerias had imagined. She cried for a few days as they traveled home, but she seemed much more...happy...now. She would not ask Marionna for fear of offending her, but had she asked Marionna would only tell her that though she is still sad and in pain, she must let go of the loss. She will always have the love she held for her son.

In another time, in a happier place, they will meet again.

The tour went on longer than Eilerias had anticipated, with Marionna and Gemma wanting to check out every business and learn some of the more of Isak's influence over the shop keeps who seemed eager to discount their purchases. Marionna was very fond of the discounts that Isak brought with him. She would have to keep him around if it meant she could get fabrics and pastries so much cheaper than she could in Vel'Anir.

Finally, they arrived back at the Raven Club. Eilerias was a little tired, but wanted to make sure everyone got on well before retiring for the evening. "Go on," she nudged Gemma towards the games before Ogden pulled her along and introduced her to the patrons before giving her the rules.

She chuckled at Isak's commentary, "I don't think of myself as a fast learner, I had the shadows cheating for me the entire time." She winked at him as she whispered, sitting in for one game of cards before she would head upstairs. She looked at Isak from over her cards, smiling mischeviously as she tuned out the people's chatter and listened to the shadows. Of course she would have loved to take a peek at the cards, but the shift of eye color- golden to purple- would likely be noticeable and she couldn't risk that. She would simply have to trust the shadows would help her to mess with other people.

As expected, she won her round. She got up and grabbed the coins before turning to Isak and giving them to him. She had no need for money, she never spent anything on herself. She had, however, put a dent in Isak's money with her demands to host a party for their friends. With that, she'd need lots of wine, food, and games to entertain with. "Consider it a payment plan." She joked, noticing that he had already began drinking during her game.

Though she had been feeling much better as the day went on, she decided against drinking tonight. She had little in her stomach to combat the alcohol and had no desire to be hungover in the morning. "Come on," She grabbed onto his arm and allowed him to lead them upstairs away from all the noise.

It was funny to watch Isak as he got drunk, bringing the bottle upstairs with him as he likely expected Eilerias to partake. "No wine for me, not tonight." Her voice was gentle as she spoke, hoping he wouldn't be disappointed or feel like she was missing out on fun. Truly, she was just worried that something might be wrong with her. Her worries were interrupted by Isak as he pulled her close, whispering in her ear giving her goosebumps.

She bit her lip, tilting her head as he wrapped his arms around her waist and began kissing her neck.

"Take me then."

A demand, not a suggestion.

• Smug
It almost felt strange to see his club back at its usual nightly state of affairs, so full of people carrying on with their merry talks over drinks and their heated gambling disputes. After so much time away, dealing with matters a bit more supernatural and world threatening than he would've imagined at first, Isak now looked upon the Raven Club to find a returning normality.

It felt right, to see his business blossoming again, especially when he was now surrounded with people he cared for.

He looked to his side, admiring how focused Eilerias looked as she played her round of cards, competing with both Ogden and Gemma who were sitting just across the table. The other patrons shared a few laughs as well, provoking each other about the amount of coin they would be losing that night, and Isak just sipped more of his drink, not really caring for the game. He was just fulfilled to have everything back to its normal state, and even more that he could be sharing such things with his... family.

Isak finished yet another drink just as Eilerias was announced as the winner of the game, grabbing her well earned prize and delivering it to Isak's hand, with a charming smile that certainly made him blush, his heart racing faster. He already knew she had plans to invite all of their friends to a reunion, after so much time apart and with no news of what they were all doing in that time. There were so many new things to be spoken of, and a part of him even hesitated about it, carefully considering if it would be right to tell his other associates of the relationship, the unending bond of love that he shared with Eilerias. He feared what they would think of that, of how they would see Eilerias now, no more as that pure priestess from before, with vows to never be taken by any man.

But in truth, he was melting at the sight of her happiness over the idea of having everyone back together again. They had become more than associates, but trusted friends now, and another part of Isak hoped that that would be enough to make them understand and support that relationship.

And also, he did want to invite them all to their wedding as well.

As the night went by, the alcohol began to claim more and more of Isak's otherwise strongly resistant mind. He could see that Eilerias hadn't been taking any drinks, imagining that it had been because of that short episode of vomiting when they were eating breakfast. He meant to ask her, but feared it could make her feel uncomfortable, and so he only let her enjoy the night, playing cards and having fun, up until the moment she took his arm and they started a slow and sluggish walk towards the peaceful silence of their room.

She finally spoke on the matter of not drinking any wine that night, to which Isak felt a tiny bit of disappointment, but also understanding. He could see that something had been troubling her mind as well, and now with their privacy restored, he set aside his bottle of wine and walked up to her, seizing her from behind and gently laying out a few kisses on her neck. Isak could feel her getting warmer on his arms, which only made feel more and more daring.

'Take me then.'

It was everything he wanted to hear, as those words began to ring inside his head endlessly. He turned her around, barely giving her any time to breathe before taking her lips in a hungry kiss, his hands desperately running over her body. Isak had greatly missed that thrill, the adrenaline that brought to him when they kissed, when they danced in each other's arms, as he now lifted her up with no trouble, walking over to their bed and carefully placing her there.

He stopped only to look at her for a moment, noticing how red she was as well, and also at how lustful she now looked at him. Isak could feel she wanted that as much as him, after so much time away from each other's more intimate touches, and he wouldn't disappoint her.

But he did want to tease her first. "Consider this my payment plan, then." He joked, opening a cheeky smile before going back to kissing her all over her body, and taking his sweet time in doing so, even though she begged for him. He wanted to enjoy that moment together, for as long as they could possibly take.

That night was special, and it was only for them. Their bodies dancing in unison, their pleasure taking over the room and their minds focusing only on that marvelous feeling.

"I love you, Eile."

Weeks had passed after that night. Marionna and Gemma had returned to Vel'Anir after their stay in Alliria, with Eilerias reluctantly saying goodbye to them, and also inviting them to spend some more time whenever possible. They had also reunited with the other members of the Cherry Rose in a rather strange and eventful night, with so many secrets being unveiled, including the news that Eilerias now carried a baby.

Their baby, their own child. They were really a family now, and Isak could never have dreamed of something so pure and beautiful.

He hadn't been able to focus on his businesses after hearing that Eilerias was feeling ill, and she even asked to stay at her home for a few days, afraid that she could pass over her ailment to others. Isak and Ogden had been going to her doorstep to deliver some food and medicine, and Isak would always stick around and ask her if she was well, saying that he missed her dearly.

But then, at the reunion, her sickness turned out to be something else entirely, and even amongst the chaos that followed shortly afterwards, it had been a cause for celebration. Isak had never known the true meaning of a family, and he certainly never had the guidance of a father, but he loved Eilerias and he already loved that baby she was carrying, their own flesh and blood.

Silently and to himself, Isak vowed to make things right for them. For Eilerias and their child, to make their lives better, safely and happy. And the surprise he had in store for her that day was only the beginning of that.

Isak woke up earlier that morning, with Eilerias comfortably sleeping beside him, now looking much better than before, thanks to a few of Ogden's tips regarding pregnancy, which came as a surprise to them. That dwarf really knew everything there was to know, something that Isak had underestimated before. "My love, we're supposed to travel this morning. We're going to be late!" He whispered to her ear, waking her with soft kisses and a genuine smile on his face.

For weeks, he had dreamed about showing that surprise to her, and Isak could barely contain his own happiness now.

"It's only a short trip, my darling. I promise we'll be back as soon as possible." Isak explained, slowly getting out of bed and waiting for Eilerias to follow as they went on to take a quick bath together, sharing a few more kisses as they did. He kept asking her about her condition, worried if she had been feeling sick lately, or if Ogden's medicine had ceased their effect. Not long after, they were finally well dressed for that journey, holding hands and going downstairs to where Ogden waited, talking with the nearby stable master who had come over to deliver their caravan, while Lidia went through the things she would be taking for the trip.

Isak was feeling as bright as ever that morning, grinning from ear to ear as he appeared with Eilerias, bidding them a good morning before asking if everything was set for their journey. Eilerias had been adamant about taking both of them on that travel, and since Isak couldn't divulge even the slightest details of what surprised awaited at the end of the journey, he simply had to accept her demands and make arrangements for Ogden and Lidia to accompany them.

It paid off to see the smile on Eilerias' face as she talked with Lidia, who seemed every bit as excited for another chance to see the world outside of Alliria.

"You will love the surprise, I promise." Isak whispered close to Eilerias, caressing her hand and with a confident smile on his face.

He guided her to the carriage, gently holding her hand as went inside the caravan. Before entering himself, Isak instructed a few of his mercenaries on what they would be doing for the next few days, ensuring that the club would always be surrounded with guards and well protected, to prevent any other surprises like that night in the reunion. Not long after, Isak entered the caravan and closed its door, taking his seat next to Eilerias, bringing her closer to his warm and comfortable embrace.

Soon, Isak and Eilerias would be departing to a place most special to their hearts.

Last edited:
  • Bless
After the reunion, Eilerias couldn't sleep. No, not sleep. She couldn't rest. She stayed in bed for nearly half of the day, her mind racing with thoughts she didn't know how to process or share. Thoughts that wouldn't make sense if she did share them. Maybe it was the strange concoctions Ogden was preparing with his knowledge of dwarven medicine. She didn't know.

She was happy, truly overjoyed to have her own family, but part of her mind lingered on the conversation in what felt like a dream of her father. She felt so incredibly guilty for being such a useless person. She couldn't fight, she struggled to get the shadows to work with her after their trip to Vel'Anir and Fal'Addas. She was so fragile and that killed her.

She was bringing in another life into such a chaotic mess and she couldn't even defend herself or it...them. Maybe the Elyon in her dream was right, she wasn't meant to be a mother. Urchin could say she had motherly instincts all he wanted to, but when it came down to it she wasn't sure.

Of course, in Eylon fashion, he added insult to injury in his questioning of the child's father and in turn brought up painful memories Eilerias only shared with Lidia as an attempt to coerce her into joining the church. She was fairly sure the child belonged to Isak, but after being convinced to see some physician, she was feeling even worse. The dates added up.

She felt Isak stir in the bed before he whispered and kissed her. Of course, she was already awake, only trying to pretend as though she could rest. She didn't want to worry anyone more than she already seemed to do constantly. "Hmm?" She rolled over, raising an eyebrow. "Going to be late for what?" She questioned. Had he told her they were going somewhere? Was she losing her memory?

She sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes and yawning before looking back at him. "Can we bring Lidia and Ogden?" She asked, completely unaware she had asked when he previously brought up their trip. "They deserve some time away from here as well. I can't imagine how traumatized they must still be. Poor Ogden, when he saw all those chairs and tables he'd spent time setting up." She chuckled. "I thought he was going to burst into flames from how angry he was. And Lidia-" She paused her thoughts. "She shouldn't have seen all of that. She should have stayed upstairs and not involved herself."

A lot of the details of that night were still very fuzzy and out of place for her. She could ask everyone what happened, but things just didn't make sense when she tried to put them together. Her last memories were good ones- her visiting Isak at a fountain- and then she was asleep for reasons she still didn't understand. Maybe she had a fainting condition. Maybe it really was her shadows taking over once again. Once again, more questions than answers.

As they prepared to leave, Isak kept questioning her. He was always so concerned, which in turn worried Eilerias. It wasn't safe for him to focus on her so much when there were so many dangers. It was as though a target was placed on both of them these days. She was honest, though, as she spoke. "I still feel quite ill. All the time." She frowned. The morning sickness was causing her to lose weight and she had began to look a little too bony. The physician told her it was normal and would get better. "Ogdens medicines are just strange. They work for a short amount of time and then they stop. I don't mind though, it's normal." She repeated the doctor's words to Isak as an attempt to reassure him.

She had noticed a connection between her magic use and the duration of Ogden's medicine. The instant she started using anything, their effects wore off. Every time. She was unsure if she wanted to bring it up with Isak yet as her only other option was to ask Khet. She knew he was knowledgeable with strange potions, but she still didn't trust him. She likely never would after her first encounter, watching from the Shallows.

She followed Isak down the stairs where they met up with Lidia and Ogden. Eilerias made her way over to Lidia, examining the things she was packing. Eilerias hadn't even thought about bringing anything, so she wondered where they were going. Did Lidia and Ogden know? Lidia always seemed so excited to see Eilerias, more so since the reunion. She loved babies and was a little too excited to be a babysitter for Eilerias and Isak.

The group was called over to the caravan as soon as it was ready, Eilerias taking her seat and waiting for Isak before they would eventually take off and she would lean on his shoulder, once again trying hard to get some rest.

Last edited:
  • Bless
ravnica_allegiance___open_the_gates_by_johnofthenorth_dcx2a5e-fullview.jpg
Interlude - Dalanar

Being out on the road always brought some comfort to Isak, almost as much as going through his papers and thinking about his business. And also, that road was somewhat familiar to him, and it would also be to Eilerias, had she not been sleeping ever since they departed from Alliria.

Almost painfully so, Isak noticed that she had began to feel distant in recent weeks, and while he spent most of the time in which they were together just looking at her, it looked like she was troubled by something. They knew each other so well now, their love was so deeply rooted and their lives so connected that Isak could even feel some of her pain, not like her own magic in which she took people's pains whenever she healed them, but Isak could see that she was hurting.

And even worse, she was hurting alone. Isak knew that she was strong, even stronger than him, and she was proud enough not to let anyone else worry about her, but recent events had only made Isak feel even more desperate to protect her, and the tiny baby she now carried inside her. They were his family, they would be parents now, and Isak started working harder and harder to guarantee that they would be protected at all times. Isak tried to respect her space, to give her time to think and digest everything that's happened, on how their whole lives had changed so suddenly, but he wouldn't sit idle while those problems gnawed away at her.

At the night of the reunion, Urchin had said something to him, something that now reverbered through Isak's mind, in a endless loop. It was a thought that drove his efforts into what he was about to show her, but also, it's what had sparkled a burning wish to show to Eilerias that he would be there for her, no matter what happened.

'If you love her, make sure to show her. Let her know, and assure her that you'll always be there for her, no matter what happens.'

Those were the words that echoed through his head, and that's exactly what Isak was meaning to do. He looked at her while she slept peacefully, looking much better than before, as if the comfort of that sleep had finally given her some much needed peace. She looked so beautiful, Isak could swear that she had become even more radiant by the way, and even wondered if that had anything to do with the fact that she was now a mother. He opened a shy smile as Lidia watched them, sitting across the pair with a smile on her face as well. She kept in silence as Isak reached his gloved hand across Eilerias, carefully bringing her closer to him so that she wouldn't feel her back hurting once she awoke, and finally letting his head fall backwards as he sought to get a few minutes of rest as well.

Not long after, Ogden stopped the carriage in a familiar vicinity, but also one that had also been transformed anew. Isak gently nudged Eilerias, shaking her a bit as he watched her return from whatever dreams she was having, offering her his hand as they left the carriage, with Isak giving away for her to glance at the location they arrived to.

Dalanar, in somewhat of its old splendor. It was still a work in progress, with most of the front garden still untouched as Isak insisted that the statues would be rearranged later, out of respect for the elven elders who slept their last dreams there, but the water now ran across a reformed ground, shining clean even beyond their sights. The old ruin had almost been fully restored into a marvelous building, which now served as a entrance to the beauties that awaited inside and below, with the walls resembling the glory of the noble elven buildings in Fal'Addas. The tall and broken wall through which Isak and Eilerias had entered before was now raised again. But what could truly catch someone's eye from distance, was the short path to the left flank of the 'keep', leading through the garden to a place that Isak was most anxious to show her.

Seeking to gauge her reaction to that, Isak slowly made his way to Eilerias' side as Ogden, with a cheeky smile on his face, called to Lidia, who was still shocked to see the beauty of that place. Isak and Ogden had been working together on the restoration of Dalanar for many months now, and it had been a hard secret to keep from the two ladies, but one that Isak hoped it would pay off now. "It's for you." He said, reaching close to Eilerias, gently taking her hand while looking at her, completely smitten. "It's a gift, to the most beautiful and gentle person I have ever met. To the woman I'm about to marry... To the mother of our child."

Isak always thought himself to have a way with words, always so clever and successful in his efforts to take what he wanted from the people he worked with, only needing a few words to convince just about anyone, but Eilerias was... different. She had a way of making him stutter, of shaking his otherwise unwavering confidence, and of course, making him blush and nervous like a young man with his first love.

Only, Eilerias was his first love. His only love, the love he knew he would take to the end of his days. And at that moment, he wished he could have a way with words again, to charm her and see that beautiful smile of hers again. Isak truly loved her, and he would no longer contain his excitement and happiness over that. They watched as Ogden led Lidia to show a few of the ongoing works of restoration as they had only began to build the stables a week ago, with the great help of his many workers, who were paid in great sums to maintain loyalty and silence above all. They knew very well the fate that awaited them in case any whisper of that surprise ever reached Eilerias before Isak had a chance to show her.

"Will you accompany me, my darling? I have something else to show you, before we head to the pools." He chuckled, stretching out his hand to her, before they both walked towards the side path, passing under a few trees and glancing at the beauty of that new garden, which maintained a lot of resemblance to the elven gardens back in Fal'Addas. At the end of the path, they could see a short building, fairly secluded to the rest of Dalanar, and yet surrounded with that same beauty from the rest of the place, the tall trees almost covering it from clear sight. The structure would be remarkably familiar to Eilerias, the marble walls with a tiny golden touch, and they now stepped inside, through the tall wooden doors, to find a open place, yet to be filled with furniture, except for a single altar in the distance, with a candle that burned through day and night.

It was a small chapel, capable of fitting only a handful of people, but a place in which Eilerias could truly feel at home, to connect with her god and find her peace, the peace that Isak now hoped she could find amongst whatever troubles afflicted her. But more than that, it was also a familiar ground in which they could raise their child, and even teach it about the wonders of Eilerias' religion.

Isak knew she would very much enjoy that.

"It pales in comparison to your church but..." Isak spoke, starting to walk towards the altar. There was a huge gap behind it, a wall that hadn't yet been built, while Isak actually awaited for Eilerias' own input into what artful images she would be putting there. That place would be just for her, and she would have all the freedom and resources to decorate it. "I was hoping it would be a place where you could feel close to your god. And where our child could feel the same."

He stopped, turning back to face her while awaiting for her to walk closer, as his demeanor now turned a bit more serious. Isak felt that now would be the time to reach out to her, to try and comfort her through the pains that she sought to hide.

"Something is hurting you, Eile, something that you've been keeping to yourself. You know that I can feel it, and you know how much it pains me to see you suffering." Isak slowly reached to her hands, gripping them gently as they got closer to each other. He looked deeply into his eyes, hoping that she could feel the confidence oozing from him. He was determined to make her feel better, and he imagined that there was something else that plagued her, other than the effects of the pregnancy that Ogden had told them about. "Since the reunion, I could see you growing distant, even running from me at times. I didn't know if I had done something, but then a... friend, told me something about love." He tried to fight against his smile as he remembered Urchin, so nervous and worried about what Isak would do once he had found out that Eilerias was pregnant. The poor boy probably thought that Isak would abandon Eilerias and their child, something that Isak would never do.

He would never put someone to what he went through. And he would never abandon Eilerias, and he didn't want her to fear that.

"I understand that we all have our demons to fight, and I won't press you about telling me anything. I just wanted to assure you, my love, that I am here for you. You don't have to fight alone, and I certainly won't let you suffer alone. We will share our lives, but also our pains, and like we said before, we will overcome anything... together."

He smiled, caressing her face before leaning in to leave a loving kiss on her forehead. His gaze towards her was as passionate as ever, and his will was unfazed. He wanted to show her, to let her know that she did not have to face anything alone, and that he would never abandon her.

"I won't leave you alone, Eile... No matter the circumstances. You know that, don't you? I am yours, just yours, until my last breath." He gently squeezed her hand, trying to cheer her up. "And this, all of it..." He waved his hand around, showing her the entirety of that small chapel and the places beyond. "This is my gift to you, to our future family. A wedding gift, to the life that we will build together."

In all his previous plans, Isak had always been alone. But not now, now he had Eilerias, and he would never let go of her.

• Bless
Peacefully, and like a rock, she slept for the entire short journey to Dalanar. The sound of the wheels turning up stray stone on the road were loud enough to drown out her thoughts- something she didn't have the benefit of at the Raven Club. She often went to bed long after the final patrons had departed on to their homes, leaving her in the overwhelming silence where the shadows could whisper to her.

After her father's death, the shadows went quiet for a while. She though she had begun to master them, finally achieving some peace, but something at the reunion triggered them. Perhaps it was Gwen's shadows that brought them back up to make their painfully obvious appearance. Eilerias didn't know, but she did know that their never-ending chatter, repeating her fathers thoughts she dreamt of while the rest of the Cherry Rose were fighting mercenaries and Gwen and Gilgamesh's daughter.

"Hmm?" She grumbled, feeling herself being shaken awake. "What is it?" She questioned, sitting upright as she watched Lidia and Isak hop off the carriage. She followed after, using Isak to help her get down as it was quite a high jump for her.

Her eyes widened curiously as she landed on the ground, scanning over the familiar scenery. "Dalanar?" She looked towards Isak, a small smile making its way across her face. "What happened to everything?" She asked as Isak began leading her on a restored path. "A gift? But for what reason?" She chuckled. "You didn't have to do this for me!"

She always refused gifts as best as she could, but she was so excited for Dalanar. It was their place, a home away from the Raven Club. A place so special to both of them. The place they got engaged and spent a magical night in, guided by what Eilerias determined to be the spirits of their ancestors.

"Of course I'll accompany you," She grabbed his hand once again. "I didn't bring anything to swim in and I presume Lidia and Ogden would be joining us?" She raised an eyebrow as he continued leading her around towards an unfamiliar path. She froze in her tracks. It looked so...perfect. "When did you find the time to do this all?" She questioned, following him in amazement as they entered the open room.

"No-" she tried to stop him as he compared it to her church. "It's perfect. It's incredible." Her eyes began to water as he brought up their child once again. "I know you aren't religious, but would you truly let me bring him or her along with me to teach?" She asked, running her fingers along the altar, staring behind in the empty room, thinking about what she wanted put in there.

She felt an uncomfortable shift in his energy as she stepped closer to him.

Something bad is going to happen. The shadows whispered to her as Isak began to speak.

"I...uhh.." She struggled to fine a response immediately. He was right, she was suffering, but was it truly that obvious? She let Isak grab her hands, letting them go limp as she silently thought about what she would say.

"I haven't been sleeping well." She started, almost using it as crutch to explain her unusually gloomy mood. "But that's not all. During the reunion, while you were all fighting, I was having the strangest dream. Elyon was talking to me- berating me mostly." She paused again, not wanting to go too into detail the true reasons she was so bothered. Reasons that were just little attacks from her father that had no basis in reality. The timing was only slightly off with the events in Cerak, and she doubted a shadowkin could produce children. "I felt so useless, and Elyon had no trouble telling me how stupid and useless I truly am." She felt tears coming back up to her eyes, but ignored them as they fell. "Basically, he said I'm going to be a terrible mother and that terrifies me."

She frowned as he caressed her face and kissed her forehead as her thoughts remained trapped in that dream. "I know you won't leave me. I'm alright, I promise. I'm just so tired." She leaned onto him as he waved his arms, proclaiming Dalanar to be a wedding gift. "That's so strange. My dreams in my fathers house...." She looked up at him. "This is exactly what happened. He really was warning me. How odd..." She looked back out to the area, taking in details that matched her dream perfectly. "That night I woke up freaking out, he was showing me the future, I think. I was here in that dream. In Dalanar and I was pregnant." She began walking back towards the main area. "How odd."

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Isak thought he knew happiness before, back when he hadn't even met Eilerias. He thought happiness was nothing but fulfillment over his work, or watching as his power grew and his name began to be feared on the streets of Alliria. He thought such things would fill the void he didn't even know he had inside his heart, but Isak was wrong.

She proved him wrong, and nothing would ever bring him more joy than to see her smiling so brightly, as she finally looked upon the restorations of Dalanar, the gift that he had been working so hard to give her. Isak felt like he was flying high above the clouds, his body going numb with those feelings that he couldn't quite grasp or describe, only savor and hope that they would never vanish.

"For so many reasons, my love." He answered her question, approaching her as she walked around the vast watered plains along the road to Dalanar's main structures. Isak really couldn't put into words the love he had for that beautiful woman, but he always liked to try. "I don't think I will ever be able to repay you for saving me. This is only but a start - you'll get used to all the gifts I'll give you, my darling." Isak finished with a cheeky smile, before taking her hand and leading her around, towards the side path. He gave no answer to her wonderings about whether Ogden and Lidia would be joining them later on, having already traced plans for a reminiscence of that magical night they had all those months ago, when he first took Eilerias to Dalanar.

It was better to leave her to her curiosity for the time being. It would make the surprise much more enjoyable for her, and for him as well.

He watched proudly as she wandered about the small chapel he had built for her, feeling relieved that she had reacted so positively to his gift. Making sure that Eilerias still had her freedom to keep her dreams alive was something that Isak strived for every day, always working to make sure she would be safe and have the conditions to keep spreading her religion, if he wasn't a man of faith himself.

Or rather, not as conventional a faith as one would think.

Isak looked at her for a time as she questioned him about letting her teach their child the ways of her god, before suddenly chuckling a bit, starting to walk towards her. "Who says I'm not a religious man, my love? I can see my own goddess right in front of me, and she shines as bright as the sun above." He meant to flatter her with his charming words, but his words carried great truth. Isak had seen her power many times, and even heard her teachings about Sol'Nityr with great attention, and even though he wasn't still much of a believer in things like religion, he still looked at her as his own saint. "And yes, it is perfectly fine for you to teach our little one about your religious ways. I could never be opposed to it, Eile."

Isak took her hands as he got closer, softly squeezing them as he sought to cheer her up a bit. He could sense that her head was still filled with troubled thoughts, and he wanted nothing more than to help her forget them, if he could. Finally, he asked her about them, and the pause and hesitation she gave him was enough to make him worry even more, but Isak stood firm and listened as she finally shared some of her thoughts with him.

He had imagined that Elyon's magic could've affected her after their fierce combat, but Isak couldn't have imagined that it had been that way. He still dreaded that night in his club, when the Cherry Rose was seized on every flank by unknown enemies, and Eilerias had been forced to use enough of her dark magic that it put her in a slumbering state, from which Isak thought that she would never return. He still remembered how he held her in his arms, begging to any gods that would listen to him so that she could come back, and he would never forget the relief he felt when Eilerias opened her eyes again, but she had never told him exactly what happened that strange night, at least not in such details. And he hadn't pressed her about it, always being respectful of her wishes.

But now, he knew. And if he could bring that bastard elf back to life, only to cut off his head once again, he would. Isak knew that Elyon enjoyed the little tricks he played on their minds, having been a victim of them as well one night in Fal'Addas, but he couldn't have foreseen such cruelty aimed towards his own daughter, in such a dangerous moment. He shut his eyes for a moment as they stood in silence, before caressing her hands again. When Isak opened his eyes to her again, Eilerias would see the look of a man so driven and determined, much like how he looked whenever he was fighting.

And he was fighting - they promised to fight each other battles and always have each other's backs, no matter how terrible the threat. Even in a world so full of dangers, they vowed to stay together and face all of it head on, and he wouldn't let Elyon's tricks continue to terrify Eilerias.

"Look at me." He asked, his voice rasp and his tone serious. But even as fierce as he seemed, Eilerias could still see the feeling of love deep in his brown eyes as Isak looked at her. "You are not stupid, Eilerias. And you are not useless. You're a beacon of hope, saving so many lives without ever asking anything in return. You saved me, and countless others, over and over again. But more than that, you gave me hope, hope that there could be more to my life than greed. You gave me a child, Eile. Our own child."

Slowly, he leaned towards her, gently pressing their foreheads together as he sought to keep track of her breathing now, feeling it slowly steadying as time went by, before wiping the tears that still fell down her face. "I never had a father, or even the image of one. I'm terrified of disappointing you and our baby, but even so, I find comfort in the fact that you are here with me. You'll be a great mother, and never once in my life had I thought I could receive such blessing, but you proved me wrong again. I won't ever let you doubt yourself again, my love."

As somewhat of a magician himself, Isak knew that in the end, tricks were just tricks. And bad dreams could be forgotten in due time. He knew that Eilerias was strong enough to resist and win against those bad feelings, and he would always be there to help her, like she had always done with him.

Isak softly kissed her forehead many times, gently taking her onto his arms as she stepped forward, allowing her to have her moment of peace now, before she began to speak of the dream that Elyon had showed her. Isak had no doubts that that the elf's magic could've been strong enough to even show glimpses of the future, and perhaps seeing such things had made him nervous about his plans, even going as far as trying to kill them.

"How kind of him to show you the beautiful future in store for us, my dear. Shall I take you to see more of it then?" He asked, a smile on his face as he offered Eilerias his hand before they departed from the chapel, walking along the side path again to one of the entrances to Dalanar. Most of the inside hadn't been touched yet, as Isak had been focused on constructing the chapel and restoring the front of the old ruins, to make it look more presentable. He hoped Eilerias would recognize the path through the enormous hall in which he was taking her, as they finally entered a incredibly spacious room, a light shining far away atop the grand crystalline pool in the distance.

Lidia and Ogden still were nowhere to be seen, and Isak hoped it would stay that way for some more time. "Join me in a bath?"

Last edited:
  • Bless
"You don't have to give me gifts, I have hardly done anything to deserve them when others have so much less." Her voice was a little more serious as they walked. "Perhaps instead of gifting me so many things- dresses, jewelry- we could save that for donating? We could feed so many people, perhaps even house them as well you know."

Though she was slightly uncomfortable with being a recipient of so many gifts for which she did not feel worthy, she found herself smiling at the thought of raising a child within the church. The church gave her purpose in life and to share that with anyone brought her happiness.

She was quiet for a while, taking in all the details of Dalanar after Isak tried to reassure her. She wasn't sure of what she should say. Would it be wise to tell him of her fears, bringing a defenseless little being into their world? She didn't want to upset him or make him feel like he had to abandon his empire of sorts. It wasn't fair. Then again, life wasn't fair. People had to make sacrifices in situations like these.

"Yes, it was kind I suppose." She mumbled thoughtfully, as they began heading to the inside of the ruins. She was once again lost in her own thoughts as they walked along the winding path, barely taking in any of the details. She didn't recognize any of it until they reached the pool. It looked just as beautiful as their first trip, though the lights which guided them there seemed to be absent. Perhaps they served their purpose or perhaps it was only her imagination.

She made her way along to the edge of the water, once again taking a moment to enjoy the beauty of the crystalline pool. Hopefully this time would not result in her being pulled into the water, fully clothed. That would be a hard explanation for the others. She chuckled to herself at the thought.

"What?" She turned to Isak, her skin going a bright shade of pink. "But what if Ogden and Lidia come in. I don't have anything appropriate to wear for the water!" Her voice was a little frantic as she spoke. For one, she was afriad of their associates somehow making their way this deep in the ruins. She also was afraid of showing her body to Isak. She was still thin, but had intentionally been hiding her stomach from him for the most part, using looser clothes and turning away when they bathed. There was a small, but noticeable bump where her nearly concave stomach used to be.

• Cthuulove
"Would that make you happy?" He asked as they walked through the small path adjacent to the huge ruins that were slowly but surely regaining their former shine. Restoring such a place had been more difficult than Isak had first anticipated, especially given the lack of any sort of source material or other clues as to how Dalanar looked in its prime years. But then again, the thought of transforming those ruins into a home for himself and Eilerias, and soon their little child, was enough to light a fire of determination inside the businessman that wouldn't be put off easily.

They deserved that small measure of peace. "If so, I can make some arrangements to put forward some of my resources in order to help the poor folk of the less fortunate areas of Alliria. They deserve something good in their lives as well."

Surprisingly, Isak felt good at the thought of giving away some of his precious money in order to help the others, in a more direct way. Isak was no hero of lore - he only ever stole from those above him, bringing them down from their high seats of riches and arrogance, but he had never given back to the people. He had never thought about it thoroughly, but he could understand now why Eilerias had always been so mindful of accepting gifts.

She truly never ceased to amaze him with her good heart. Isak looked at her again as they wandered through the great halls and corridors of Dalanar, opening a small smile even though she seemed too lost on her own thoughts to realize it. He was still thinking about what she had said earlier as well, about Elyon and her dreams. Even now, it seemed like that man wouldn't leave them at peace for a while, but Isak was also confident that they would eventually overcome his tricks.

Perhaps a few days recovering at Dalanar would serve them all well, after this recent streak of traumatic events.

Isak watched Eilerias walk straight towards the grand pool in the distance as they entered the room, still pretty much the same as when they first entered there, months ago. The lights, even if a bit different now, were still shining just above the pool, adding a special touch of marvel to those crystalline waters that almost made them look even more magical. In truth, Isak always had suspicions that those waters were truly blessed with old elven magic, ever since the night of their bath. The mosaics and writings on the walls were also intact, withstanding the rigors of time as they had always been, painting beautiful images of the people who lived there, a long time before Isak and Eilerias.

Dalanar, above everything, had been a refuge. It was a place where many elves had lived the whole of their long lives in a blissful peace, far from any conflicts or wars at the time. Something that Isak hoped would still hold the same meaning, now that it belonged just to them.

His short laugh had been inevitable as Eilerias turned towards him, her beautiful skin now a bright shade of pink, no doubt thanks to his daring words. It seemed that she knew exactly what he was referring to, and that made him even more happy - and bold. Isak slowly walked towards her, running his fingers along her arms while looking passionately at the priestess, taking in all the details of her otherwordly beauty, before Isak finally opened a smile.

"They won't come here, my love. Trust me. Ogden is too busy showing some of the constructions to Lidia." Silently, his eyes asked for her consent before Isak gently pushed aside the strap of her dress, watching it fall effortlessly from her shoulder. Isak had noticed a change in Eilerias' common choice of clothing these past weeks, now wearing much looser dresses, which were also beautiful and fit in perfectly with her, but it was something that she didn't wore much before. He had also noticed she had been evading his gaze in many of their baths, and Isak could imagine that it had been due to the physical changes that she was already undergoing.

He was hardly an expert in matters of pregnancy, but he knew that the body would change, the belly growing as the child inside would on to grow as well, needing more space. He wanted her to see, wanted her to know, that there was nothing to be afraid of, nothing to hide. Isak wanted to comfort her, and to show that he would always be there for her.

He wanted to see her again, all of her. And with the rest of the dress falling as they stood in a awkward but endearing silence, Isak couldn't help but blush as well, perhaps even more than Eilerias. He opened his mouth in awe, although it had been long until the words started coming out. "You look so beautiful, now more than ever." Slowly, Isak's hand reached towards her stomach, his eyes watering as he felt the small bump there, his fingers caressing it with great care. He looked at her with a smile that looked so reminiscent of a young kid, so innocent and genuine, with nothing but happiness on his mind.

"It's your turn now, my love. The pool is just waiting for us, and we wouldn't want our clothes getting soaked again, would we?" He chuckled, as he waited for Eilerias to take off his clothes now. It would be wise to avoid taking a bath while fully clothed again, especially with Ogden and Lidia around. Isak could already imagine that their questions would be the endless.

Last edited:
  • Bless
Eilerias frowned, "I do pray they continue to look at the construction if you planned for a swim." Her voice was thoughtful as she spoke, "I don't think I'd forgive myself if they saw me like this." She looked away as he knocked her straps off her shoulder and the loose dress fell to her feet.

The awkward silence felt like it lasted an eternity as she felt his eyes on her, studying her body. She worried he was critiquing her and would end up hurting her feelings, so when he spoke she was pleasantly surprised. She continued to withhold eye contact as he reached his hands towards her. "I don't feel beautiful." She admitted quietly, but honestly.

She didn't dwell on her insecurities long, watching the happiness Isak displayed as he felt her stomach. At least one person was happy about the changes.

She nodded, following Isak's order before making her way towards the water. She dipped a foot in, nearly falling in during the process. She managed to steady herself before sitting on the ledge and sliding in. It was a much better entrance than the last time they were there and Isak jumped in with her fully dressed.

She held onto the edge, bringing back some of the memories of that night. "Hey, Isak..."She turned toward him. "What are you going to do with all the furniture and clothes? And the mural? I hope its kept safe here. It was truly magnificent to have artifacts from so long ago."

• Cthuulove
Isak had a shy smile as Eilerias helped relieve him of his clothes, his pale cheeks now taken with a shade of red that resembled hers. As confident, and even arrogant, as Isak had always been, Eilerias was the only one who had ever seen him so bare, stripped of all his armor and ego. At first, those thoughts terrified him, but now, Isak took comfort in trusting her with all of his feelings - his love, and also his fears.

She knew about every scar in his body, and Isak closed his eyes as he felt the soft touch of her fingers tracing a few of them, before she quickly turned around and started walking towards the pool. Isak watched her with that same smile on his face, finding amusement in the fact that he was still so fearful of their intimacy.

Isak knew she would always remain that kindhearted priestess, even after breaking her vows over and over again. A part of him still felt guilty about taking that from her, breaking his own vows to stay away from other people, from emotions and feelings that could never fit with his way of life. But Eilerias showed him something even stronger than those vows.

She showed him love, understanding and trust. Those were words that he hadn't been accostumed during his love, sentiments that had been taken from him, but she returned them to him.

After a quick moment absent in his thoughts, Isak realized that Eilerias had already entered the pool, and he now followed her, fully unclothed, entering the waters slowly as well, so as not to startle the priestess. He could feel a wave of calmness coursing all over his body as soon as his skin touched the crystalline waters, almost as if whatever elven magic held within those walls was slowly healing his body of all its ailments. Isak took a few more steps forward as Eilerias held against the edge, turning towards him with a question.

Isak closed the distance between them, taking her hands from under the water and holding them gently as his eyes scoured the vastness of the room, seeing how the lights began to react to their presence once again, moving around to illuminate the painted tiles on the walls, and the artifacts still hanging around the hall with bright golden lights, testament of the royalty of that forgotten place.

"We will decide that together, my love." He responded, looking back at her now. He took a pause before continuing, gently rubbing the palm of her hands. "We will be husband and wife soon, and we will share every part of our lives. All that is mine will also be yours, Eile. If it's your desire, we will keep everything here, the memories of our ancestors, preserved forever within these walls."

Isak glanced towards the images on the nearest wall, noticing how the lights now looked like small bubbles hovering around, almost dancing in the air. Slowly, they would go on to feel a sense of quietness in that room, their voices being the only sound echoing throughout the place as the lights coming from the pool began to shine even brighter.

Intriguing enough, it was as if Dalanar itself had started to... talk. But only to them, to the elven blood that flowed inside them.

Still not noticing that, Isak simply continued on with his previous thoughts that he had been itching to share with Eilerias. "We should renovate the Raven Club too. Expanding and building more rooms, to create a place of rest for those who need it, like you wanted. I always knew you had a great mind for business as well, Eile."

Without even realizing, Isak had begun to lean in closer to Eilerias, slowly leaving a few kisses all over her neck and shoulder, teasing her bit by bit while his own breathing grew uneven and his voice raspier. Even with the cold water bathing them, Isak could still feel Eilerias' warmth, her soft skin drawing him closer and his heart beating faster and faster, just for her. It was the same feeling he experienced on that first night in Dalanar, in that same pool, the same desire for her, amplified yet again by those magical waters, the waters that had heard their vows of love for eternity.

"I'm not leaving again..." Isak broke the silence suddenly, his voice barely a hoarse whisper against her neck as he held Eilerias in his arms. He was tired of all those business trips, of not being there to help Eilerias clean the mess that had been left at the club after the reunion, even if the reason for that trip had been to acquire more guards and security for the club, to make that place safer for them. Isak felt the strong need to say something that he had been wanting to say for some time. "My heart is yours, Eile. Please, don't ever give it back to me."

At last, Dalanar had brought some much needed peace to his own mind.

• Bless
She watched curiously as Isak adjusted to the water and made his way over to her. "I think we should keep them..everything actually." Her eyebrows furrowed. "There's something so strangely familiar about it all, I'd hate to just throw any of it away. It's special to me."

She held onto his hands, following his eyes to look at the lights as they began to dance. She remained silent, watching them move about the room as Isak spoke about renovating the Raven Club. She nodded. "Inns and taverns are taking over Alliria. It would only make sense to stay ahead. You don't want competition, do you?" She tilted her head to the side.

"I do think we should renovate the upstairs...but I wish to keep our room there. We do spend a lot of time there, and I'm sure Gwendolyn and Gilgamesh will have us summoned for late night meetings. It would only make sense to stay in that case, right? It's not safe to travel the outskirts after midnight these days...even with guards."

She looked at him, slightly confused as he commented about never leaving her again. "I'm not upset about that. It was actually a nice time, to be fair. Seeing Gwe-mother and Charity. I don't think I ever told you about it. I think Gwen may have been a little upset that I was left here all on my own for a week, but I think they understood. You had work to do and I was in bed nearly the entire time. I would have been a burden to be fair." She chuckled for a moment before stopping suddenly.

Unlike Isak, Eilerias was not feeling the same effects from the strange waters. He would be right to describe them as amplifying everything they felt, but for Eilerias who had already been feeling a little ill that morning, it was getting much worse very quickly.

"I have to go." She stated, her voice a little panicked as she pulled herself out of the water and put on the closest thing to her, Isak's shirt, before running back out the door and outside. She ran around the corner and began to throw up in the overgrown plants.

"Way to ruin everything." She commented, upset with herself for ruining the only intimate moment they had in weeks. She slid down the wall, sitting with her head in her hands as she tried to calm herself down and feel less...terrible.

• Cthuulove
With a soft touch on her cheek, Isak acknowledged Eilerias' wishes to keep the elven mementos that were still untouched in Dalanar. It had been on his mind long before she had told him that would keep those artifacts from the past, not because they could be useful in some way, but because Isak felt strangely appeased with such lore of his 'people' nearby.

They were still a mystery to him, but Isak believed him and Eilerias would have all the time in the world to learn everything there was to learn of that place. "It's special to me as well." He concluded, nodding slightly at her before leaving a quick but gentle kiss on her forehead, as she started to speak about the renovations and changes to be made at the Raven Club, which were met with a proud smile from Isak.

He had always known that Eilerias was so much smarter than she gave herself credit for. Even if her heart was often too kind to realize the harsh realities of the world, her gentleness didn't eclipse her shrewd intellect, and Isak always wanted to bring her closer to his world of business - the more legal and less criminally involved part of it, that is.

"It does make sense, love." He spoke, before looking down towards her again, softly tightening their embrace for a moment before moving on with his thoughts. "And I have a proposition for you, Eile. If your own work allows it, I would like you to oversee some of our business, together, especially in regards to the renovations of the club. You have a very sharp eye for such things, and your softer approach would be a very welcome addition." Isak finished with a warm smile as his fingers slowly moved along her back, caressing her soft skin while the young businessman gave her all the time to think about it.

She didn't need to give him her answer right away, and Isak was a patient enough man for that, especially for her.

Before long, Isak felt himself blabbering due to whatever strange magics were nested in those incredibly comforting waters. It had only been due to Eilerias that he had been taken back from his chatteringm as she sought to comfort him about leaving her behind that week. He was glad to know that she had enjoyed her time with her new found family, now a daughter of the Briarthorne family after being adopted by Gilgamesh and Gwendolyn.

He was still wary about that whole deal, especially considering what happened in the reunion, but Isak had come to trust Gilgamesh and even respect him. Powerful men had a sense for one another, and those two were no different. Their paths crossed in friendly manners in a city like Alliria, and their allegiance and cooperation in the Cherry Rose, along with Gilgamesh's help in keeping Eilerias' work as a priestess safe and sound, had been enough to put Isak and a few of his paranoid doubts at ease. But more than that, Eilerias cared greatly for Gwendolyn, even before that already looking to her as a mother, and she had been the one to bring her to Alliria and provide her with protection, and Isak wished to respect such bonds.

He feared he was in rocky territory with his legendary information broker, but that was a matter to be solved in another time, when she could be willing to listen to him. No doubt, the motherly love of Gwendolyn would always appear in tandem to her worries over Eilerias' relationship with a man like him, but also...

Isak was a different man now. And he would see the whole of Alliria burn if it meant protecting that priestess. One day, he would hope to convey such thoughts to her 'new mother', so that she could come to trust him as a man worthy of loving her daughter.

So lost in his thoughts as he was, Isak had barely noticed how Eilerias now uncomfortably wriggled in his arms, her face becoming a bit more pale and her voice sounding more like a pained whisper of panic. Before he could do anything, she escaped from his arms and rushed out of the pool, grabbing his shirt and putting it on as her only piece of clothing as she darted outside like a ghost. Isak stood in shock for a few moments before climbing out of the pool himself, picking up his pants and putting them on even if they would get soaked in the process. He ran through the hall, and after taking a few turns, Isak eventually found Eilerias outside, hiding her face in her hands as if disappointment had taken hold of her.

Isak approached with care, slow steps before he eventually knelt beside her, gently resting his hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, Eile? Are you feeling any pain?" He asked, tone on his voice revealing his worry. He wondered if it had been some side effects of her pregnancy, along with the fact that she seemed to be unwell for these past few weeks, dating back to before the reunion.

Night was fast approaching as well, and the lights from the ancient leaves of the forest could already be seen from a distance. Time had really passed by quickly while they were lost in their own world again, just as they had done many times in the past.

"Ogden and Lidia are nowhere to be seen, so I assume that they must've gone to their rooms by now. Should we retreat to our own room as well?"

He asked, curious as to how she would react to seeing that their room was still mostly untouched from the last time they were there. Still magical and intriguing, with that large and comfortable bed that she loved to lie on. Ogden had discovered some other smaller rooms underground while they were working on restoring those ruins, and no doubt he would've shown one of those to Lidia so that she could rest.

"Thank you, for that moment in the pool. It was great to spend some peaceful time with you again, my love. I believe we deserved it, after recent events." He added, noticing that she could've been feeling a bit down with what had happened, probably blaming herself for it. He knew Eilerias had a poor habit of caring for everyone but herself. His worried demeanor quickly turned to a charming and confident smile now, his eyes less troubled as he offered his hand to her. "Should I guide the wonderful priestess back to her royal chambers now?"

• Bless