Private Tales Ash and Iron

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
His lips curled and he turned to press a kiss to her temple.. "Whatever you want." he rumbled, though he was admittedly pleased that she hadn't asked to venture off of the isle just yet. Here at least he felt he could trust his own people enough that she would be safe, but even still, he had to swallow hard before posing his next question.

"Would you.. Like to go alone, or with one of the sisters?..." his brows rose. "Unless you want me to accompany you, I'd be happy to, of course.." he smirked and huffed quietly, rubbing at the back of his neck.

"I just mean I don't want you to feel like I'm.. Suffocating you." he laughed under his breath.

• Bless
Reactions: Maeve
Maeve turned in surprise when he offered to let her go alone or with the sisters. Given what she could... feel through this bond she had thought he wouldn't leave her side in her first week here. Certainly not her first trip to the city itself. It was a testament to how much he trusted the people here... but how much he understood her need for independence.

"With you," she smiled and cupped his cheek, her thumb running over the stubble, and smiled at him in the hopes of easing a little of the tension she could feel in him. "I don't think there is anyone better to show me around the city than the man who helped to build it... but... thank you," for thinking of her needs even when his were the polar opposite.

Thank the Gods.

He loosed a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding as her hand settled on his cheek and she gave her answer. His eyes creased in a smile as he let them close for a moment, giving a slow nod at her words. She would, of course, have been free to go on her own. He'd have been able to feel her, but he knew he'd have been a nervous wreck every second that she was gone from him and so for now, he was glad that she was not yet in need of some more independence.

"Alright." he sighed, and his fingers kneaded at her hip as he breathed her in. He swallowed, letting out a shaky breath. "I'll try to be on my best behaviour.." he smirked, but he wasn't kidding. Keeping his hands off of her would be difficult, other males would be yet another hurdle.

"I'll let you dress and meet you downstairs... I have one or two things to take care of before we leave." he smiled, and tilted her chin up to kiss her as though it'd been years rather than minutes.

• Wonder
Maeve stood swaying, her eyes shut, toes curled, when the kiss finally came to an end. She had heard the phrase stealing your breathe but she had never quite understood it before her mate. It certainly made it hard to let him leave her to tend to business but she supposed she couldn't deny him some time to actually work. She'd kept him in here to herself for three days. With a longing sigh she dropped back to her feet and opened her eyes dreamily to nod.

"Okay, I won't be long," her hands ran down his arms and then stepped back - just out of his reach - before heading to the bathroom. It was that or push him back down on the bed and they'd have this same conversation tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Lorcán
The second the door was shut at his back he turned and grasped the handle again. It was everything he had not to go back in and the self restraint was killing him.

"Space, My Lord.." a female voice chuckled, and he turned to see Ravana smiling at him with her hands clasped in front of her. "She isn't going anywhere." the puca's head shook and Lorcán huffed with a nod, offering her a tight smile as he pushed away from the door.

"Right then. What've I missed?" he smirked and led Ravana downstairs.

It was almost an hour before he shoved open the door to the large living area, light spilling in through the high arched windows of stained glass and painting the forest-like room with a myriad of kaleidoscopic hues.

"Ready?" he smiled to Maeve, his eyes wandering over her as he offered his hand.

• Cthuulove
Being alone after the last few days of intense emotions and love felt... odd. Maeve had always been one to like her own space but more than once she found herself wondering where he was and when - or if - he was coming back. It wasn't a look she liked on herself so she shoved it down as best she could and focused on the exciting thought of exploring a new city. Lorcan's city. Her city. Or it would be now, she supposed. The thought made her both giddy and afraid.

The wardrobe hadn't changed since she had last opened it with its collection of dresses and fine robes fit for a... well, a Princess. Or at least one from a fairy...tale... the irony dawned on her as soon as the thought crossed her mind and she couldn't help laugh at herself. Clothes were why she was going shopping in the first place. Picking the least offensive one out she hurriedly put it on then made her way downstairs.

She needn't have hurried it seemed for Lorcan took an hour before appearing. She was sat on one of the low sofas with a book in hand, lost in the words, when he opened the door. Mae glanced up briefly, expecting to see another guard checking she didn't need anything, but snapped the book shut when she saw who it was.

"Yes," she breathed out in a rush then grinned and took his hand. "You didn't... miss anything important did you?" Mae frowned faintly.

• Cthuulove
"Not nearly as important as this." he said charmingly as he lifted her hand to his lips and pressed a kiss to her knuckles.

"I am sorry that I kept you waiting. I'll endeavour to do better from now on." he promised with a hand on his chest and a wide grin as he tugged her out into the foyer and down the steps into the courtyard. Shadows formed and wings appeared, stretching wide, the satisfaction of it eliciting a groan and shudder.

"May I?" he asked, looking down over the city before turning to her, ensuring she was happy to fly.

• Cthuulove
Maeve's eyes narrowed at him as she tried to figure out whether he was joking or just trying to be charming. With her mate it was often hard to differentiate, she was beginning to learn. He hid behind his sarcasm and that roguish smile all too often. As he tugged her closer and motioned to the city beyond with obvious connotations she nodded absently and instinctively wrapped her arms about his neck. Something which had scared her so much in the beginning barely registered when she was with him.

"You know you can talk to me about this stuff," she said softly as he took flight. "You're not alone anymore, let me share the problems. I might even be able to help. I'm new to being... fae... but I am a Princess. Royal duties I understand all too well," she pointed out.

• Cthuulove
Lorcan looked at her blankly as she told him that he wasn't alone anymore. The reminder settled in his chest and it swelled with a deep breath that he sighed back out with a rumble of a sound. "Hm. Yes, you are." he smiled, and after a few beats into the air, his wings tilted and they started to glide in lazy circles down toward the city.

"I'll try to remember that. But not today. Today is for us." he smiled against her temple and kissed.

They landed gently on the promenade by the lake, its bright blue waters sparkling in the sun. The city's artisan market occupied the length of it, and from the stalls, fae of all kinds peered curiously at Lorcan and his quarry, whom he set down as though he were handling the finest of glass.

"Good morning, Prince Lorcán.. My Lady.." calls of greeting echoed out from here and there, waves and bows and curtsies were offered, and a few of the local children rushed to meet them to get a good look at the female he'd brought.

"Morning." Lorcan smirked. "This is Maeve. Your new Princess." he told them conspiratorially, knowing well how quickly the children would spread word around the city. A tiny Puca girl gasped in excitement and reached to take Maeve's hand.

"A real princess?! I'm Adelin, Will you be my friend? I've never been friends with a princess before. You're sure pretty!"

• Ctuhlu senpai
Maeve's brows tugged into a small frown as he pushed aside the concern of sharing for today. It was a sweet notion, and she would prefer for the day to be about them rather than work, but there was a nagging sensation in the back of her mind which told her this wouldn't be the first time she was going to have to remind him he didn't stand alone anymore. Her attention was drawn quickly to the city as it rose up to meet them, however, and the niggle vanished in the utter awe and excitement that bubbled up at being somewhere new. How had she ever been content to live her life on a single isle?

She was barely paying attention to the stares, her eyes hungrily devouring the sights of the stalls, the smells, the general atmosphere, so she almost jumped when tiny hands touched her skirts.

Mae shot Lorcan a betrayed look when he told the children who she was in such blunt terms. He was lucky the children were there to save him.

Her tribe and its people had been warriors, not artists like the people gathered here. But no matter the type of people children always seemed to be the same. With a soft smile she crouched down in front of the girl, the skirts of her dress fanning out around her as she did so.

"I would very much like to be your friend, all of mine are very far away, and I certainly would want to be friends with the most pretty girl in the city."

• Cthuulove
The child positively beamed. Lorcán couldn't help but smile too. The Puca didn't have it easy, and for the young amongst them it was difficult to understand, but here they could live peacefully as equals.

"You.. You really think I'm most pretty? One day, I hope I look like you. I like your tattoos. And your hair. Is that Lorcán's feather? He has pretty wings doesn't he? I'm learning to fly too. Can you fly? What court did you come from?" the girl barraged Maeve with question after question as others surrounded and Lorcán laughed.

"Alright, alright. She will come visit again, you don't need to ask her everything today." he grinned.

One of the traders, Adelin's grandmother, wandered up to the new princess and bowed her head graciously. "An honour, Your Grace. Welcome to Endora. Please, it would please me greatly if you would take this. Our Prince has been most kind to us, but he will not allow us to repay his kindness. Let this count toward it."

necklace.jpg

The woman held out a pendant of blue galaxy opal captured in silver, the stone glowing softly. "It contains a wish, My Lady, a single one. All you need do is clutch it and ask. Once the wish is spent, the stone will no longer glow, but it will remain nearly as beautiful." the elder fae smiled warmly.

• Cthuulove
Maeve could only blink as the questioned tumbled out of the young girls mouth. Half of them she didn't know how to answer. Courts? The men who had kept her chained in irons had been from... Summer and Lorcan had said the Autumn King was his father. Were there others? She knew so little about the fae world and she felt that painfully in that moment. She had no idea that ignorance had meant she hadn't treated the young puca like every other high fae had and that it had meant a lot to the child. It was a relief when Lorcan stepped in and Mae gave the child another sweet smile and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Never stop asking questions," she whispered and then stood up as the woman approached.

"Oh I couldn't..." Mae trailed off, her eyes wide at the offered gift, but her sentence trailed off when she saw the older woman's face. Swallowing she nodded and took it then slipped it round her neck where it nestled just right in the hollow of her collarbone beneath her throat. "Thank you, it's very beautiful," she touched her fingers over the pendant where it felt warm against her skin.

"It was lovely to meet you," she smiled and then slid her hand into her mates to tug him along, eager to see this new world.

Lorcán tousled the girl's hair and she grinned up at them before running off to spread word of her new best friend, the Princess, and how beautiful she thought she was. And probably to ask a thousand questions..

He studied the pendant over Maeve's shoulder and offered the old Puca a warm smile in gratitude. "Thank you, Marta." he dipped his chin, and she dipped in a frail curtsy before stepping back again.

"A pleasure. A pleasure."

He smiled down at Maeve as she took his hand and he allowed her to lead on. The first few streets off the promenade were more businesses, taverns and restaurants and shops that sold everything a fae could ever need. More cherry blossoms lined the streets, the pink petals fluttering around in the warm breeze.

"Anything you want is yours." he rumbled to her and pressed a kiss to her temple. "We have the finest clothier in the autumn court, and the best baker too." he smirked. "You wanted a bow?" he asked and gestured to a store where a young fae male with curled horns sat fletching arrows with the help of a pixie trimming feathers on his shoulder.

"Franz and Lil can help you there." he said, and the two looked up, the former jumping to his feet and sending the pixie toppling from his shoulder and flying toward Maeve with a warm smile and tiny wave.

• Wonder
The puca, Maeve had been prepared for, but literal fairies?

She took an automatic step backwards, putting herself slightly behind Lorcan as the shadows of captivity crept into this moment of light and happiness. Her eyes flicked from the pixie to the satyr and back in an assessing manner. It was nonsense to be afraid of anyone in this city. Not only would her mate never have brought her here if there was danger but these were now her people. It wouldn't do any good to look afraid of them. Steeling herself, she feigned her step away as having intentionally wanted to step back to take Lorcan's hand which she did quickly now, threading her fingers back through his and holding on tight.

"Better than an elf sung bow?" Mae asked with a hint of scepticism, loud enough for the other two to hear, almost as if she sought to provoke them to make the sale.

Lorcan turned to look sidelong at her with a light frown. Of the things she should have feared and didn't seem to, it was a little surprising to him that she seemed uncertain of these two.

You're safe. He said it without saying it, pushing the assurance through their bond and offering her a relaxed smile. His hand gently squeezed at hers as she held it so tightly.

"Elf s--!?" the little pixie cut herself off, looking positively aghast.

"Get the ribbon, Lil." Franz instructed, and the little creature whizzed off to fetch a long stretch of ribbon which she brought to measure Maeve with. Franz seemed to be assessing her too as he stood, using his thumb to gauge her measurements and take in her appearance, muttering about elves under his breath.

"I'll have the finest bow delivered to you in the morning, My Princess." the horned male nodded firmly and winked at Lorcan. Lorcan laughed under his breath and tugged Maeve against his chest, his free arm loosely across her neck as he pressed a kiss to her head.

"Only the best, Franz.." he smiled. "I know you enjoy a challenge.." he mused.

• Bless
Safe. Safe. Safe.

No more torture. No more pain. Her fingers curled tighter around his hand but her pulse eased a little, especially when the two begun to talk with enthusiasm about bows. It was a topic she understood and knew well. It had been the weapon her people were famous for, along with their horseback nomadic way of life. Her lips twitched somewhat at the assurance it would be the best bow and stroked her fingers along her mates bronzed forearm when he wrapped it loosely around her neck to hold her close with her back against his warm chest. Safe.

"How much?" she demanded with a quirk of her brow.

"Of course, Lorcan." the male smirked and looked back to Maeve. He glanced at Lorcán, and the look that the Prince gave him suggested it best not to offer it as a gift. Too many had offered him gifts that he had refused. He had given them a peaceful life and land to build their homes and businesses, but he wanted those businesses to thrive and giving their services for free was not a good way to start.

The fae hesitated and scratched at his stubbled cheek in consideration. "Well, how bout when its brought to you, you tell me how much you think its worth. It might be worth coin or jewels, might be worth a secret or a favour." he shrugged. "Question is what you think is most valuable." his brows quirked.

Lorcán laughed under his breath and shook his head. "Ohh no. You'll get no secrets of favours from my mate, Franz." he narrowed his gaze, though his tone was jovial. The two fae whipped their heads toward Maeve in surprise before they offered her another bow and offered a fae blessing.

"We'll see you tomorrow then." he smirked and pulled Maeve gently to continue along the street.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Maeve pondered the deal with the meticulous care of a human who had grown up around fae looking to catch an easy meal. Eventually, however, she nodded deciding that it was a fair bargain. If the bow wasn't up to her standards then she could always pay with something small - for she wouldn't never pay - and if she thought it worth much more... well then she would figure out what she had to pay. It brought her time at least. Perhaps they would accept her payment of some hours spent working, she had been a smiths apprentice before...

Lost in thought as she was she was only half paying attention to the banter. But when the word mate was mentioned and the two fae suddenly changed, became more formal and respectful, her brows rose in surprise. The sisters had told her about the mechanics of the mating bond and told her it was rare but...

"Just how rare is a mate?" she asked curiously as Lorcan tugged her on and she trailed along with him. They passed a few other fae who bowed and she waved in return. "You all live so long I didn't think it was that uncommon..."

Greetings came from here and there as they walked, most of which called him by his name and left out any formalities. He greeted them back by name, asked how business was going and asked after family members. Whispers of the Princess Maeve, Lorcan's mate had also clearly spread as he caught whispers of such here and there.

"It's... quite rare." he answered a little awkwardly. "I also think, many will likely be surprised that I am.. Uh. Settled?" he grimaced a little at how that sounded, but there wasn't really any other way to put it. "Particularly over the last decade or so. Honestly I don't remember much of it." he cleared his throat with a frown and rubbed at the back of his neck.

"But finding your mate - and having that person accept you.. That's the greatest blessing any of our kind can receive." he glanced at her. "I had long since given up on hoping to find that."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Maeve drunk it all in. The sights, the people, the smells and sounds. It was like a drug to her and exploring this new place, well it settled something in her soul. The need to ride, her father had once called it when she had said she was full of ants. It was an urge her people were born with and it wasn't sated until you passed into the great beyond. Until then, you kept it at bay by chasing those sunrises. Learning about this world also seemed to sate it though. As they walked she listened with great interest, raised brows at his admission he couldn't remember a thing, and smiled when his eyes landed back on her with that warm, playful light.

She stopped in the street and tugged him to her, rocking up onto her toes with a playful smile.

"You'll spend the rest of your life regretting you didn't leave when you saw me in that market," she teased and then curled a hand around the back of his neck and pulled him down into a kiss.

His brows rose in surprise as she pulled him to her, his cheeks dimpling with a broad smile as he laughed at her teasing. "Every day. For the rest of my life." he purred as she pulled him toward her. The kiss ignited and the heat coursed through him so suddenly that he groaned. There was simply no getting enough of her, and it was everything he had not to fly her back to their bedroom right fucking now.

He let out a long sigh and dipped to lift her off of her feet with a grin against her lips. The world carried on around them for a while, and he tuned out the voices, gasps and giggles to focus purely on the sound of her heart. Their heart, that he suddenly realised beat in tandem.

"Careful Princess." he rumbled, his voice thick with indecent thoughts. "There's little more dangerous than a jealous fae...." he grinned.

• Smug
Maeve tilted her head and looked at him with the innocence of youth and of a fae who had not long ago been human.

"What have you got to be jealous of?" she smiled with the sweetness of a summers day and cupped his cheek. "I'm your mate," and as far as she knew nothing and nobody could break that bond. It mattered not who looked at her, or who might find her beautiful, their souls and beings were one. Mae didn't think she could be any more his if they tried.

She kissed his nose and then wriggled to be set down and took his hand instead.

"Come on, I see an art shop. Maybe we can get you some paints?" she tilted her head with a grin.

Lorcan let out a throaty sound of self restraint as she reminded him that she was his. Being kissed on the nose was new too, particularly in public, but he laughed and set her down. "Yes, you are.." he replied and squeezed at her hand. "But I imagine I will be the subject of many males' jealousy with a pretty thing like you on my arm." he mused.

He followed to the art shop, the older man inside seeming quite pleased to see him. "Lorcan! And with a pretty lady! Who might I ask is this?!" he asked, his arms spread wide as he approached them.

"See.." Lorcan whispered to Maeve with a smirk. "Rajan. This is Maeve, my mate." he told him with a little smugness to the smile he wore. Rajan paused, having known Lorcan since he was a boy playing with paints, and he beamed.

"Oh my! My my my. That is wonderful! Welcome, My Princess." he bowed. "How might I be of service?"

• Aww
Maeve's eyes flickered between the two as she tried to figure out the relationship the two had. There was something different than just prince and subject here she couldn't quite put her finger on...

"...Yes," she blinked herself out of her thoughts and gave the shopkeeper a hesitant smile. Then her eyes wandered over the different supplies. There was so much and she knew little about the world of art. Which is when the idea came to her. Slowly, steeling herself with courage and quietly reminding herself she was safe, she let go of Lorcan's hand and looped her arm through the older faes. She couldn't be afraid of the people she was going to live among.

"I don't know anything about art, but could you teach me what he likes to buy?" so she could come and restock his supplies when he was too busy.

• Bless
"Ohoho! It's for Master Lorcán is it?!" he asked as he patted Maeve's hand with a chuckle. "Well now he hasn't painted in such a long time, let me think now.."

Lorcán's head shook and his arms folded across his chest as he leaned against the doorframe to watch. "I think she's trying to fix me, Rajan." he smirked. "But for her I would paint every wall in this city." he sighed with a besotted smile.

The older male chuckled and shook his head. "His mother was a painter too you see." Rajan told Maeve as he started picking pots of pigmented oils from the shelves. "Seemed about the only thing that would calm him when he was a boy. Always in trouble.."

"Rajan..." Lorcán chided gently, a smirk dimpling his cheek, but the male chuckled mischievously and continued to hand pots of paint to Maeve.

"There we are. Now, do you need new brushes boy?"

Lorcán let out a huff and gave a short nod and another shake of his head.

• Aww