Open Chronicles Alliria

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Dulthir gently grabbed her hand before she stood.
"Thank ye lass. Perhaps with yer help, I'll find me boy. Truly, thank you."
He let go of her hand and watched her go to the bar and back, ale in one hand, and a clear concoction in the other. He took the ale and smiled, then pointed to her glass.
"Aye lass, what the fook is that?"
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar

• Sip
Reactions: Elliot Aldmar
"Aye lass, what the fook is that?"

She giggled lightly and shrugged, offering it to him to taste. She watched him curiously, his grabbing of her hand to thank her had put butterflies in her tummy a little, the sincerity was obvious and she felt good that he appreciated the help.

It is my pleasure to help a friend she said softly before taking another drink.

Dulthir Elliot Aldmar

• Sip
She handed him the drink. He took a sip, and grunted a bit as it went down.
"Whew... dunna know what they call it here lass, but, in Deep Forge we called it Shine. Very potent stuff. Very potent indeed. In fact..."
He downed the ale she had got him and went to the bar and ordered two more Shines. He carried them back to the table, and sat down.
"Been a long time since I actually had fun. Er ye up for some fun, lass?"
He took a sip of his Shine, and relit his pipe.
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar

The game was underway, several rolls in. Twenty gold crowns, ten from Onager and ten from Perc, was on the table. A small wager, but easy coin for a son of a bitch like Onager.

Perc rolled. Came up with an eight.

Onager picked up the eight-sided die from the set and rolled. A two. And he grinned and stroked his beard. "I think I've got him."

"Bad spot, Perc," said Elliot.

Perc grabbed the appropriate die. Onager's killer die: regular six-sided, but with three two-dots and three one-dots. Fifty-fifty shot. He rolled. Got a two.

"Hm," Onager said. "Lucky. But watch this." He rolled. Got a two as well. "Can't beat the luck of Belgrath, son."

Perc stayed quiet. Rolled. Got a two.

"Seems like he was born there too."

"That's alright. I'm no--" Onager rolled. Got a one. Lost. "--fuck."

Perc just smirked. Reached out his hand and slowly scooped the two stacks of coins toward himself. The man seemed to savor the sound of each coin plinking into his open pouch. Elliot had a good laugh, and Onager--his streak broken--took his loss in stride and just finished his drink with a reserved smile. He wasn't too keen on going again, and it suited Perc just fine to rest on his victory. Drinks done, Onager got up from his seat--either to turn in or head out elsewhere--and Perc did so as well. Elliot was the last to rise from the table.

As they headed out, Elliot diverted over to the other occupied table. The one with the dwarf and the woman--the dwarf just coming back with more drinks. He placed a hand on the table, just the tips of his fingers touching the wood, and looked to the woman specifically.

"He was right to assume," Elliot said. A small cant of his head, indicating her companion Dulthir. "We aren't good people."

He flashed a smile, a sort of forced cordiality for punctuation. And then it was gone.

Ceridwen Dulthir

• Nervous
Reactions: Ceridwen
She watched him quietly as he took a sip and grunted slightly. She chuckled at the look on his face, watching him as he downed his second ale.

"Whew... dunna know what they call it here lass, but, in Deep Forge we called it Shine. Very potent stuff. Very potent indeed. In fact..."

He stood, heading to the bar, coming back with two more moonshines.

"Been a long time since I actually had fun. Er ye up for some fun, lass?"

She laughed and nodded. “Sure” taking a deep gulp of the shine as she eyed the group again. She took a few more gulps… not feeling much until 3 gulps in. Being that she never drank much before, and had an ale and now quite a few deep drinks of this, she felt suddenly, really good. She took another drink as the group calmed for a moment before they seemed to start leaving, she brushed her hair from her eyes as she watched them, then the grey skinned elven man headed their way. She made a point not to look to him until his hand was on the table, just his fingertips touching, he bent towards her, looking to her specifically. She swallowed dryly, a sense of danger rippling through her muscles.

"He was right to assume, We aren't good people."

The smile that played across his lips was obviously forced and was gone as quickly as it had appeared. A soft growl tempted her vocal cords as she turned her emerald eyes to his. She took another slow drink as she watched his eyes.

“That is… truly unfortunate.”
She said snidely, the liquor making her a little more, sharp tongued than she normally would be. She turned her eyes back to Dulthir , curtly trying to let the man know she had little interest in his presence at the moment.

Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
The gray skinned elf sauntered up to the table. He placed his hand on it and directed what he said to Ceri. Dulthir stood, a bit shorter than the elf. He looked up at him.
"If ye care to keep that hand, I suggest ye head on with your friends. The lady and I dunna need your company."
While he spoke, his right hand eased behind his back, gripping the handle of the blade he carried.
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar

• Bless
Truly unfortunate. Maybe for others, like Alexia. But what Elliot knew was that there was a high demand for men and women like him. It spoke of a poisoned necessity inherent in the world whose roots reached under the good, the wicked, and the indifferent alike. Who knew. Perhaps some of those chants the ex-military types oft said were right, and bright red blood did make the green grass grow.

The question of being a good person or some degree opposite of such did not trouble Elliot, no. He held himself to a different measure. His own. Not one prescribed to him by the likes of family nor the city of Alliria or Dornoch nor anyone. Values held in common were coincidences in action.

The dwarf stood from the table. Elliot turned his attention to him and listened as he spoke and a hint of receptive warmness and respect came into his expression.

He took his hand off of the table. Slowly showed his empty palm.

"All is well. Just handing you a compliment, even if it was spoken to the lady. You've got keen instincts, brother." He gave Dulthir a small nod. "Keep them sharp."

Elliot took a couple casual steps back from the table, and he touched a finger to his forehead in a gesture akin to a small salute. To both of them he said, "Enjoy your drinks."

And then Elliot turned and made to walk from the tavern back to the lobby.

Ceridwen Dulthir

Her eyes scanned the empty hand and looked to Dulthir before speaking.

"All is well. Just handing you a compliment, even if it was spoken to the lady. You've got keen instincts, brother. Keep them sharp."

And with that the man backed away slightly, saluted them and bid them adieu with a simple "Enjoy your drinks."

She was confused but her curiosity about the stranger tore at her senses as she looked to Dulthir, almost wanting to find out more about that group. She took a deep drink of her shine, lifting her hand to brush her hair from her face as she turned her eyes back to where the strangers had left.

"That was... different... struck my "curiosity kills the cat" bone..." She laughed slightly, taking another drink. She was beginning to feel the drinks, a slight, lethargy aching in her bones. Starting to feel a little tired even.

Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
The elf backed away. "Compliment my arse..." Dulthir thought. He nodded back to the elf and watched hhim walk away. He sat back down and looked at Ceri. She giggled and took another drink. He smiled. It was good to see a woman, hell anyone, laugh and have a good time. Dulthir chuckled himself. He finished his drink and looked at her.
"Aye lass. But, not sure if realized that he was tha cat."
Dulthir roared with laughter. He stood and looked to Ceri.
"Another round lass?"
He didn't wait for a response. He went to the bar and got two more glasses and brought them back to the table.
Ceridwen

• Yay
Elliot crossed the lobby and went upstairs and walked down the upstairs hall and found his room. He reached into his pants pocket and took out his key and he turned it in the lock and pushed open the door. A modest room--bed, end table, small window and cheap rug--and that suited Elliot just fine. He had slept under the stars and through rainstorms and snowstorms and through the sweltering nights of summer in some places and the biting chill of winter in others and none of these bothered him. If someone offered Elliot the expansive and opulent room a prince might sleep in--even if the cost was nothing more than a handshake--Elliot would have turned it down. Austerity was the way. It brought discipline, and it did not lead to the craving for vain things, the very same that made men slaves to temptation. Elliot owned his coin; he would not let it own him.

Elliot entered the room. He set his Black Bow down on the end table and did the same with his quiver. He kept himself armed with his daggers. A lesson he'd learned at a younger age. In the process of setting down his Bow and quiver, he did again notice the small splotch of Alexia's blood on his right glove. Unsightly. Like a warrior who brandished his scars with a vulgar pride. Neither should one brandish what they have done unto others in so unseemly a way.

Elliot left and closed the door behind him and descended the stairs to the lobby, taking off his right glove as he did. He found the innkeeper--looked like the barkeep's son, now that he had seen both.

"I need a bucket of water," he said.

"Your room isn't big enough for a bath."

"I don't need it for a bath.

"What for, then?"

Can't you just let me go?

Another of those brief smiles, the same as he had flashed to Ceridwen. "Tidying up."

And Elliot placed a coin--a tip-- with his ungloved hand onto the counter for the innkeeper.

Ceridwen Dulthir

"Aye lass. But, not sure if realized that he was tha cat."

She laughed lightly, something about the elf made her want to know more. She finished her drink and looked to Dulthir

"Another round lass?"

She went to say no, but he was already gone. Her emerald eyes turned to the door as again. When Dulthir came back she tilted her head, the room taking a second to righted.

maybe, if they are mercs... they can help find your son? He seemed to be friendly to you....

Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
Dulthir drank his Shine. She had a point, but, he was leary. He stroked his beard, and puffed his pipe.
"You could be right lass. Maybe we should talk to the lad. Join their ranks. That's one thing I havena done yet. But, I tell ye, if we do, don't let yer guard down. Mercs generally only care about money. They don't have morales and principles. No honor. Maybe this lit is different, but, I doubt it."
He took another drink and puffed his pipe. He happened to look into her eyes. The emerald orbs called to him. He got lost for a moment, then looked at the table. She was beautiful in that dress. And, she was beautiful out of it. He chuckled lightly, then took another drink.
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
Syvis walked into the stuffy inn, her nose crinkling slightly. She had just finished a job and with that she received a hefty bag of coin which she left at her hip, daring anyone to take it. She didn't look as decorated as her normal self only wearing a white blouse and fitted leather pants but work clothes are work clothes, her elven cockiness made up for her lack of splendour; she could be fitted in a potato sack and still know she was one of the most gorgeous women in the room.

As her boot heels clicked on the floor she observed her fellow patrons, two dwarf looking men, a fiery haired woman, and a elf like her self. She squinted further at the elven man, it appeared he two was a half-elf like herself. Yet he seemed to possess less of an aire of supremacy about him, unalike to most of their kind. Yet again he was only a darkie what could one expect. She wanted to work on her hatred of every other race other then her own, yet it was so hard.

Despite her being incredibly vain even she could attest to the beauty sitting at the bar, the woman possessed style in a sorts of...vintage... way, but she did manage to pull it off. It was obvious she was basking in the attention of men who couldn't how shall it be put... keep it in their pants. Whether their intentions pure or not she remained both oblivious and all aware at the same time. What a silly little creature. Little did seem to be an understatement although based on the woman's height. Syvis couldn't tell you what race she was.

Her observations were over as she continued walking in a graceful manner, long silver hair swishing at the back of her knees as she did so, she flung one stray braid behind her shoulder to join the rest of the ornate braids behind her. She needed a drink. Alas she finally made it to the bar and she thrummed her long slender fingers on the wooden surface, capturing the barkeeps attention with a subtle demand for service. As he approached her she let out a pearly white grin manipulating him with the womanly charms she so obviously knew she had.

"One ale please." She said with a fake sweetness that to the untrained ear would sound most sincere. As he poured a big glass from the tap she let out a little pout, making a little pinch with her fingers "A little smaller please dear." truthfully flirting with this man disgusted her, but it increased her likelihood of some sort of deal. Her scam proven complete as the barkeep let out a toothy smile telling her it was on the house. He truly was pathetic.

"You could be right lass. Maybe we should talk to the lad. Join their ranks. That's one thing I havena done yet. But, I tell ye, if we do, don't let yer guard down. Mercs generally only care about money. They don't have morales and principles. No honor. Maybe this lit is different, but, I doubt it."

She shrugged softly as she took a drink from the new glass of Shine absently... forgetting that she'd not wanted another, a faint haze started to gather in her brain, tiredness starting to wear on her. She moved her hands to the table, resting her chin lightly on them as she looked to the drink before her, watching the few bubbles float to the surface from it having been disrupted when she drank from it.

The voice of a female caught her attention, she had zoned out and not even noticed the other woman enter. The sugary sweetness of the woman's voice threw up no red flags in her innocent mind, but did bring her eyes to the woman curiously. She smiled faintly as she looked back to Dulthir , picking up her drink and taking another deep drink, finally responding to him.

"I'll have you to watch my back..."
She giggled softly "But I will be sure to take note about not letting my guard down. Who knows... maybe I am secretly a spy Merc too..." She giggled again, the shine really taking a grip now, making her feel giggly, funnier than she actually was. She thought for a moment to go greet the newcomer, but even thinking of standing right now didn't seem a good idea. She felt like her bones were overly heavy and her muscles somewhat jello-esk.

Elliot Aldmar Dayana

• Yay
Dulthir puffed his pipe and smiled at Ceri. She was drunk. It was... cute. A word he rarely used. But, that's what it was. And, she was right. He'd watch over her. He felt a strange urge to protect her. Like she was important. Not just to him, but, to many others. He took another sip of his shine. Then, the new elf entered. He noticed her arrogance immediately. There was the typical elf, the "My shite don't stink..." version. She was beautiful. Her silver hair braided, hanging down her back. He smiled and nodded at her as she passed on her way to the bar. Then he listened, as she manipulated the ignorant human working the bar. Dulthir chuckled and took another pull on his pipe, a sip of his drink. He looked at this new person.
"Aye lass, would ye care to join us? Plenty o'room over here?"
He leaned in close to Ceri.
"This oughta be interestin' lass."
Ceridwen Dayana Elliot Aldmar

Last edited:
She turned her body to get a good look at the man calling out to her. He seemed friendly enough. She was bored here after all, so why wouldn’t she join him and the intoxicated red head.

Syvis dipped her head in greeting and smiled a feline smile. “Why thank you.” She walked up to the red head and the lumbering man who called out to her. One thing she always appreciated about the dwarves were their craftsmanship, she personally carried elven blades but it was true a dwarfs blade would always beat her own. Silly man must’ve forgot her sense of hearing or frankly didn’t care, based on his low whispers she was as much entertainment to him as he was to her. Very symbiotic.

As she reached the duo she eyed up the red head with a side eye. “You might want some water.” She gave a look at the man across from her with the pipe. It wasn’t uncommon for men to get women intoxicated for their own pleasures. Her grey eyes darted from the woman to the man. This girl was clearly oblivious, and maybe Syvis was paranoid but she didn’t wish to see the lady taken advantage of.

She lifted a manicured hand and the barkeep ran to her call like a love sick puppy. Syvis batted her eyelashes a tad and requested a tankard of water, her request was met rather quickly. In a stern manner she shoved the water towards the girl and glared down at the man. He should’ve known better. “Drink” she ordered the woman. Syvis sat herself down at the table. Looking at the semi-sober lad as if silently commanding him to speak the duos story. She only broke her gaze to stare at the other elf in the bar, he looked familiar to someone she’d seen in her travel yet she couldn’t place him. It was unnerving.

• Yay
"Aye lass, would ye care to join us? Plenty o'room over here?"

Ceri rose a brow as Dulthir leaned towards her, whispering.

"This oughta be interestin' lass."

Ceri turned her eyes to the elven female, she tensed a little, feeling like she was back at home all of a sudden and she took another drink of the shine to try to get rid of the feeling. Suddenly the woman was upon them with a delicate “Why thank you.” escaping her lips. Ceri turned her eyes back to Dulthir before looking to her glass with a slight frown of nervousness.

“You might want some water.”

“Ok….”
Ceri answered softly, sliding her shine a little closer to Dulthir as she decided to cease drinking it. If outsiders could sense she’d had enough, perhaps she had. She’d never drank to much before, but maybe this stuff was different. She definitely felt different. The elven woman requested a tankard of water and the tender, and it appeared before Ceri before she really even processed the request that had been made of the keep.

“Drink”

She did as she was told, had she been sober, she would probably have not appreciated being talked to as if she were a child, but, right now she didn’t care. She grabbed the tankard and took a drink, not really paying attention to the woman and Dulthir as they talked, running her finger idly over the tankard in front of her. Her wings felt heavy on her shoulders, she was getting tired too. She sighed softly and took another drink of water.

Elliot Aldmar Dayana

Dulthir noticed the look of disgust on the snob elf's face. He chuckled, then puffed his pipe again. He looked into her cold eyes.
"Ye thinkin imma gonna take advantage of er, eh? I can promise ye, she's safe as a morning rose with me. I've no intention of doin er harm, just wanted her to have some fun, that's all. Unlike elves, we dwarves actually give a fook about folks. Now, what be yer name, lass? Or are ye to good to tell us?
Dulthir puffed his pipe. He took Ceri's glass, poured what was left into his and took a drink. Perhaps he was a little harsh in his words, but, he wouldn't have the likes of snobbish, arrogant elf insinuating anything.
Ceridwen Dayana

Syvis looked at him for a split second, then a howling laugh escaped from her lips. It stopped as quick as it had started until she leaned forward her eyes burrowing into his. "If I didn't give a, how did you say it? 'fook'-" she imitated his speech poorly "- about anyone other than myself why would I help sober this young lady up, hm?" Her tone was sardonic yet still light.

"And furthermore, I haven't much taste for roses, typically not safe around my company good lad." She was toying with him, this woman seemed to be his nerve and Syvis was very good at striking nerves. Regardless of that fact she was raised with proper manners, and would address his question. "I am Syvis, most pleased to make your acquaintance." She said with that cocky smirk that seemed to be nearly permanent on her face.

She took a sip of her ale before frowning, "tastes like cheap horse piss." she mumbled before setting it down gently in front of her. "Would you like it sir?" she asked him sweetly.

Ceridwen
Dulthir

(Sorry when I'm on my phone, I can't tag. Also Syvis is kinda a b*tch, but I swear I'm nice.)

Ceri took another drink of her water, ignoring their discussion as she ran her finger over the glass, playing with the precipitation idly, in her own head-space at the moment. She could sense a tension, but she had no idea where it was coming from, the liquor dulling most of her senses.

As she looked to her water glass, she wondered where the Shine went... hadn't she had another glass of it???

She noticed an empty glass before Dulthir and figured she must have finished it. She shrugged slightly and took another drink of the water. Her shifter blood was rapidly deconstructing the alcohol she'd ingested and the "drunkedness" wore off alot quicker than it would for a human, but still, she was hazy and tired. She blinked her emerald eyes slowly as she looked from the elven woman to Dulthir as the woman gave her name.

Ceri smiled brightly, offering her hand "Hi Syvis!" she said softly before looking to Dulthir again, curious of his seeming annoyed look. "Who's your friend?" she asked with a giggle.

Dayana

Dulthir grumbled something, then took another sip of his Shine. He puffed his pipe, then looked to Ceri.
"Well lass, ye know just about as much about her as I do."
He looked back to Syvis. And stood.
"My apologies, Lady. It seemed ye thought I had ill intentions fer this lass. I'm just a bitter dwarf who has little use for most people."
Then she offered him her ale, as if he was trash and swill was all he'd drink. He bit his tounge, trying to not loose his temper. He pushed the ale back towards her.
"I dunna want yer ale lass. I'm jest fine with me own drink, thanks."
He took another drink of his Shine, and commenced to cleaning his pipe..
Ceridwen Dayana
(No worries Dayana. Dulthir just a bitter ass dwarf who really doesn't like anyone, except Ceridwen. And, I'm a really nice guy as well. ;))

Syvis laughed a real non mocking laugh at the girls bubbly reaction. "Hello, pleased to meet you ms. what's your name." she said in a real tone before turning her head and winking at the man across the table "I see why you like this one."

"No need for apologies buddy, I just don't like to see women hurt, especially the delicate ones."
She told him earnestly. It was true, she was one of the women with professional combat training most didn't have that. She wasn't a good person but even she couldn't bear watching it. This man seemed to care for this girl though, so she'd hang back on her pissiness for the meantime.

"Well, at least it won't be a waste of my coin." She said giggling, it was a free drink after all. She bet she could pour this on the floor and the barkeep would still apologize to her. She was deep in thought on how far she could manipulate a simple minded human. She figured she could push him decently far.

Syvis pulled out an ivory tube with a charred end. It worked the same as a man's pipe yet it was smaller, daintier, more ladylike. She had her own pipe tobacco but she'd ask him regardless. "Have you any pipe tobacco to spare good man?" Her tone was friendly as she flung the tube in between her fingers, like one would with blade tricks.

Dulthir
Ceridwen
Elliot Aldmar

Elliot waited in the lobby as the innkeeper had gone out back to fill a bucket with water from the well.

A quiet inn. Mostly. Elliot took notice of the front door opening behind him and heard the heeled bootfalls of Syvis as she crossed into the tavern. He heard, but he did not look--the demeanor of the footsteps, their pace and direction, weren't anything for him to be concerned about. More lively conversation from the tavern among its three occupants, and quiet save for that. Good. Busier inns, taverns, markets, all the like, these were places were he was more likely to be recognized, and it was no comfort knowing that the chance was slim was that chance was indeed struck upon--as it had been twice before.

The innkeeper came in from the back. Set the filled bucket of water on the counter.

"And here you have it," said the innkeeper.

Elliot asked an abrupt question, "Do you have a brush back there?"

"A brush?"

"A brush. Or a washing board." And he placed another coin on the counter and slid it toward the innkeeper.

"I'm sure I can scrounge something up."

"What do you use to clean the sheets around here?"

"Nothing special. Ash soaps. Olive oil. Whatever I can get a better deal on for the week."

Elliot put another coin on the counter. "I won't need much."

The innkeeper nodded and headed into the backroom.

And Elliot waited patiently, holding the soiled glove down at his side and his bare hand on the counter.

Dayana Dulthir Ceridwen

• Nervous
Reactions: Ceridwen
"Hello, pleased to meet you ms. what's your name."

"Ceri-dwen!" She giggled lightly

"I see why you like this one." The woman said to Dulthir. Ceri chuckled again as she listened to them talk queitly, her attention to detail delayed, their sentences registering long after they'd moved on.

"No need for apologies buddy, I just don't like to see women hurt, especially the delicate ones."

She dazed out again a bit, until the ivory pipe caught her attention from the corner of her eye, bringing her to her senses. She blinked herself awake and looked to the pipe as she was speaking to Dulthir.

"Have you any pipe tobacco to spare good man?"

Ceri smiled softly to Dulthir before taking another drink of water, her senses rapidly coming to as the drink wore off. She shifted how she was sitting slightly, shifting her wings a little to stretch just slightly. As they sat there she wondered about the elven man who'd come to her and said he was bad.. the mercs. She frowned, curious what they were up to now that her senses were returning.

She lifted her head slightly, taking in a deep breath through her nose to scent the air. She smelled nothing of interest and took another drink of water.

<Ceri is just a bird brain who hasn't ever drank before. Lol>

Elliot Aldmar
Dayana

Dulthir chuckled at Ceri's outburst of her name. He looked at Syvis and nodded. He grabbed his tobacco pouch and handed it to her. While he spoke, he emptied his pipe and cleaned it. He looked up and noticed the gray skinned elf standing at the counter. He stood, and put his pipe away.
"Excuse me ladies. Imma go have a word with our gray skinned friend."
Dulthir walked to the counter, and stood next to the elf.
"I didna catch yer name earlier, friend. I'm Dulthir Ironfist. Ma friend and I were curious as to how we could join ye lads. We're in need of work, and, ye seem to be a fella that may have it."
Dulthir reached for his tobacco to refill his pipe, then realized he'd left it with pretty elf at the table. He grumbled and put his pipe back up.
Ceridwen Dayana Elliot Aldmar