Open Chronicles Alliria

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Syvis put her boots on the table as she inhaled from her pipe, watching the interaction take place. She herself wasn't completely dumb and it looked as if the other elf was...cleaning... something. She laughed a little under her breath, he seemed sketchy alright.

Bored, of sitting idle she got up to follow in the dwarf in suit. She patted her right hip to remind herself of where one of her more easier to grab daggers was concealed.

So the duo wished to be mercs. Suppose anything is worth it for the coin. She walked up with the pipe tobacco and her own pipe half out of her mouth. Through semi mumbled words she said “Looked like you could need this big guy.” as she attempted to hand off the tobacco. She dipped her head in polite greeting to the other elf.

• Yay
Reactions: Elliot Aldmar
Ceri stayed put... Watching Dulthir and Syvis idly. She wanted to get to bed, her eyes wandering to the door. Dulthir had gone to the merc to discuss things, and the elven woman had followed, leaving Ceri to her own devices. She stretched, nearly totally sober now and stood, slipping from her seat and heading outside to get some air while she waited for Dulthir quietly. The tavern had begun to feel stuffy and the icy fresh air was a welcome change. She idly played with her hair, her emerald eyes wandering the area slowly, leary of danger.

She decided to shift, melting into her griffin form and stretching her long white and black wings as she stretched. She tossed her head a little as well, settling the feathers along her head and neck. She drug her tongue slowly over her beak before she slowly stretched out on her tummy near the door, waiting, dragging her beak over her sharp talons, cleaning them.

Dayana Elliot Aldmar

The innkeeper came back and had with him a brush in one hand and a small bar of wood ash soap in the other. It would do. He set them on the counter and Elliot dunked the stained portion of his right-hand glove into the bucket of water and set about cleaning it.

"I won't be long," he said.

"You could leave the items on the counter and I'll come back to fetch them."

"I intended to do just that."

"Alright." And the innkeeper went into the back to attend to other business.

Elliot had the wet glove, a light foam of soap suds upon it, and was brushing firmly and exactly upon the bloodstain whose darkness had become mostly indistinguishable from the overall dampness when Dulthir approached. Elliot flicked his eyes up from his work to regard the dwarf and then settled his gaze back down on what he was doing.

The dwarf introduced himself. And, curiously, given the rebuke from earlier, asked about work. We're in need of work, he had said. Him and who else. The winged woman--he heard her give her name from the tavern--Ceridwen? Surely it was the other one--Syvis. And speak of a devil, here she came in Dulthir's wake while the winged woman went outside.

Elliot kept on cleaning his glove as Syvis handed Dulthir his tobacco. And he spoke his name.

"Elliot."

He placed the brush on the counter and dipped the glove back into the bucket of water to rinse it.

"And I ride with people who do have it. Because it suits me."

He let the glove float in the bucket and turned to face Dulthir with his gloved hand on his hip and his ungloved hand on the counter. "The question is: will it suit you." A glance to Syvis. "Or you."

He regarded them both. Their faces. Studying them. "Not everything is clean in where we ride and in what we do."

A murkiness, traces of Alexia and dust stirred up from the battle to retake her, slightly and subtly befouled the uppermost portion of water in the bucket, a part of it now along the foam of suds that was but a thin veneer poorly covering over it.

Dulthir Ceridwen Dayana

<not sure who's turn it is... haha but Ceri is outside anyway so feel free to skip her for the moment!>

Ceri rested quietly outside the door, unaware of the discussion going on inside. A soft breeze blew, fluttering through her feathers and over her snowy pelt. Her tail lashed slowly as she watched people pass. She yawned slowly, her beak parting and her ears pinning to her skull as she lowered her head to her scaled forelegs...

She let her eyes fall closed, all the drinking and flying doing her in as she slowly drifted to sleep, her muscles rippling beneath her pelt as she dreamed. Her ears twisted this way and that, listening to the sounds around her as she rested.

Dulthir
Dayana
Elliot Aldmar

Syvis nodded at the dwarf. “No worries.” It was his tobacco after all. She peered at the bucket.

“Salt.” She told the other elf point blank. “You won’t get the blood out that well. Cold water and salt helps better then soaps.” With that she grabbed one of the shakers and the soiled glove pouring salt over it scrubbing the fabrics to leech them of the red stain. A trick an old woman had taught her when she reached pre-teen status.

She let out a low chuckle “I don’t wish to be a merc. As much as I appreciate the offer I’m well established. Appears you are too.” Her steel coloured eyes pierced into him. “I’m simply here for the ride handsome.” He wasn’t horrible looking man, yet he seemed preoccupied. Such as most warrior men.

She looked at the bloody water on her hands and the glove. It was clean. She held it up triumphantly, pipe still puffing out the side of her mouth. “Wasted your money.” Syvis eyed the dwarf surprised he hadn’t run after Ceri.

Still looking at him she said “If you wish to go after her, I’ll try and secure you some work yeah? It’s best she isn’t out there on her own, and although it’s saddening to admit a dwarf’s steel is stronger then an elf’s.”

(sorry I can’t @ right this second.

Dulthir hadn't noticed Ceri had went outside. He nodded to Syvis.
"Thank ye. I'll be goin ta check on her."
He then looked to Elliot.
"Tha work wonna bother me lad. I'm good with me axe, and even better with a smithy hammer. Excuse me while I check on me friend."
With that, he gave a small bow to the pair, and went out front to check on Ceri. He found her, in her griffin form. He approached her, slowly, so as to not startle her.
"Ceri, love. Are ye alright? Would ye like to go on up to tha room? I believe I may be able to get us work.with the mercs."
He reached out and gently stroked the feathers on her head. Even in this form, she was stunning.
Ceridwen Dayana Elliot Aldmar

Wouldn't bother him. That was a good start. There were a number of men and women Elliot had seen through the various companies he drifted between that had chosen poorly, and they did not endure long. He had his lines, but they had many more. Perhaps that axe of Dulthir's had blood of all kinds on it.

As the thought crossed his mind, Dulthir bowed out and Syvis came forward. Salt. Elliot watched her secure a shaker and allowed her to touch the glove floating within the bucket and her studied her technique, only his eyes moving. He saw its efficacy in action, the breaking up of the deeper stain the soap and the brush hadn't gotten to yet with the amounted effort put in.

"You've got a nice trick there," he said. Out in the wild, it might be different. Here in a large city like Alliria salt was plentiful, but there were hard times when roaming when salt became more precious than water itself.

I'm simply here for the ride handsome.

"That's alright. You ride as long as you like. Come and go as you please." Maybe it sounded like an offer. It wasn't. Not in the traditional sense. Elliot could no more offer a spot in the Free Company than he could give away the Dynast's crown. He could tell inquiring minds about the Company, and they could ride along and do the work or they could decide otherwise. An offer or lack thereof was irrelevant.

Funny, though. She didn't wish to be a merc. Fair enough. So what was she doing then, taking a measure of the world's wanton violence and the myriad faces of its perpetrators and victims?

Syvis held up the glove and Elliot accepted it and examined it and, yes, her trick had done the job well. She said, wasted your money. As Elliot finished his examining, he replied, "Spent it exactly as I saw fit."

He made no direct comment on the securing of work yet--that was a simple matter. He held the damp and now clean glove down at his side and still held his other hand to his hip and he canted his chin up slightly and asked, "Where are you from, Syvis?"

Dayana Dulthir Ceridwen

• Yay
Reactions: Syvis
“You’re a smart man. You know where I’m from.” There were very few places the elves hailed from, and she was obviously half high elf slimming options down. “The question isn’t where I hail from the question is why I’m here, be you too polite to ask or simply toying with me I have no clue.” Her tone was light but honest.

“Now, despite me only knowing the stocky man that has so left the building a short while I did tell him I would do something for him. You were here, yes? I may be a nasty little thief but a word is a word. What have you to offer? Be it a position for the two of them or simple information-“ she eyed the glove then met him in his eyes “-anything would be most appreciated.” Her voice was airy like breeze mixed with melted honey.

Syvis was in no position to blackmail or call in a favour of the strange man but such was her nature. She remained civil but she wasn’t going to walk away with nothing. Her head cocked as she stared at him. He weirdly perplexed her.

• Yay
"Ceri, love. Are ye alright? Would ye like to go on up to tha room? I believe I may be able to get us work.with the mercs."

Ceri startled awake as Dulthir came up to her. She blinked her emerald eyes, tilting her head slightly.

"Yeah... bed would be great" She said softly as she settled her feet on the ground and pushed herself up. She didn't think about which form she was in, too sleepy and dazed. She nudged Dulthir lightly with her beak as she slipped partially back into the tavern to wave to Syvis, lifting her taloned forearm to wave.

"Bye" she said softly, her cheery sing song voice not quite so sing songy as she ended her goodbye with a yawn. She didn't think about the fact that she was in griffin form, she didn't care right now, she was too tired. She rested her head on Dulthir's shoulder for a moment.

"I can go by myself, if you got work to do."

Elliot Aldmar
Dayana

• Yay
The question isn’t where I hail from the question is why I’m here, be you too polite to ask or simply toying with me I have no clue.

Elliot flashed a brief smile that held no mirth nor warmth, but yet a small trace of respect. He spoke casually, "I wanted to make a joke at the expense of your home."

Her business was her own. All was well with that. If she had turned the question back onto him he would have lied about it anyway. She'd shortly go on to boldly state that she was a thief, so it made perfect sense to him that she wouldn't fall into handing out details which could then in another's possession sprout fangs and a serpentine body and turn right back around to bite her.

A position for the two of them, though, she said. Meaning Dulthir and the winged woman, Ceridwen. Elliot had severe doubts of the latter, but it wasn't up to him. It was up to Ceridwen, as it was to each of them as individuals.

"If they want work, they can find it. If you want to go along for the ride, you can," he said. "Tomorrow. Noon in the South Market. The Free Company is assembling and Captain Marghast may or may not have something to your particular likings."

A slight lean toward her, and a smirk that did betray the playful mirth behind his words this time, "And if you want to steal from someone in the company, steal from a dwarf named Onager. The son of a bitch has a hoard that makes him an honorary dragon."

Dayana Ceridwen Dulthir

• Yay
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Syvis and Ceridwen
Ceri leaned her head onto Dulthir. He smiled and whispered into her ear.
"Ye may wanna shift love. Not sure I canna get ye up the stairs in this form, lovely as it be. Whatcha say lass? Show me that beautiful, firey red hair of yers, love."
He stroked the feathers on her head gently.
Ceridwen

"Ye may wanna shift love. Not sure I canna get ye up the stairs in this form, lovely as it be. Whatcha say lass? Show me that beautiful, firey red hair of yers, love."

She chuckled softly, shaking her head slowly as the walked...

"When we get there, I can not shift back with clothes on... and I nae wanna give everyone a show. They may get the wrong Idea... I can get upstairs myself..."
she said softly as she headed up the stairs quietly, tucking her wings in close so she would fit. Dulthir

Syvis nodded. “I have no desire to steal from you or your company.” He had leaned in closer and Syvis reached a hand up grabbing his chin smooshing his cheeks. In a low semi-flirtatious tone mixed with an edge of deadliness she said “I’m worth more than that.”

She saw the dwarf enter the room in her peripherals. Yet she stood still, waiting for the other elf to make a move. She was like a cat with a string, she just wanted entertainment.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Dulthir walked up to Syvis and Elliot.
"I hope ta continue er conversation tomorrow perhaps. I need to get upstairs and make sure Ceri is alright. So, I'll bid yous two goodnight."
And with that, he nodded to the pair, and followed Ceri upstairs. He walked in and looked at her.
"You can shift now love. Just us."
Dulthir pulled his boots off,, and then his shirt..
Ceridwen Dayana Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
Ceri walked into the room and shifted, not shutting the door behind her as she walked in, as she knew he would be following shortly. She made her way to the bed as her ivory feathers melted away, melting into her pale flesh, the long black and white feathers aligning her head and neck morphing color, turning into her long crimson hair.

She had no need to get undressed as she plopped herself down into the bed, slipping under the covers with a sigh. She was totally sober now, but the effects of the alcohol had worn her out none-the-less, making her forget even that there was his swine friend in the room as she lay down. She heard its grunt, but was too tired to acknowledge it... just happy to get her head on a steady pillow.

Dulthir

• Yay
Dulthir chuckled lightly as she slid into the bed. He could tell the drinking took a toll on her. He walked over to the edge of the bed where she was laying.
"Well, I hope ye had a good time lass. It was a pleasure gettin ta know ye. I'll make a pallet on the floor. Get some rest."
He brushed a piece of her firey red hair from her face.
"Beautiful..."
He said it out loud before he knew it. He paused for a moment, waiting to see if she heard him.
Ceridwen

• Yay
Syvis nodded at the dwarf and his woman before cursing under her breath. It was getting to be rather dark and she hadn't a room. The innkeeper seemed to have buggered off after they stopped ordering drinks.

Her eyes scanned the room. She could sleep at a booth.

"Well, I hope ye had a good time lass. It was a pleasure gettin ta know ye. I'll make a pallet on the floor. Get some rest."

She smiled softly, opening her emerald eyes slightly. "You can share the bed with me... I don't bite" she laughed softly. "There is room to spare." She smiled as she scooted back to give him room, her eyes falling closed again as he reached out, brushing her hair from her face.

"Beautiful..." he said outloud, which sort of surprised her but not really.

"Thanks..."
She said softly as she smiled, but kept her eyes closed as she rested.

Dulthir

She offered to share the bed. He smiled, then removed his pants. He crawled into bed next to her. He wasn't expecting anything. But, whatever happened, would happen. He looked into her emerald orbs.
"I may notta mind a wee nibble from ye."
He winked at her, curious how she'd respond. He wasn't sure if she'd slap him, or... bite.
Ceridwen

• Yay
"I may notta mind a wee nibble from ye."

She laughed softly and simply nodded, not noticing his wink as her eyes were closed. She rested her hand under her cheek, facing him and she sighed softly. It was nice to feel the warmth of his body heat as she tried to go to sleep, but short of that, she thought nothing of his closeness, her innocence far outweighing any other thoughts, even without the sleepiness the liquor had ingrained into her very being this evening. She licked her dry lips slightly as she sighed again, comfortably.

Dulthir

• Yay
She felt his lips meet hers, she tensed slightly and opened her eyes for a moment, but didn't pull away. She smiled faintly against his lips for a few fleeting moments before breaking the kiss.

"Night Dulthir" she said softly, scooting slightly closer to him to soak up more of the warmth of his body heat. She trusted him, perhaps stupidly as she hardly knew him, but she had little reason to distrust anyone. She had yet to be hurt, ever so she had little distrust to bestow upon anyone.

Last edited:
  • Yay