Open Chronicles A Plague in Elbion

Discussion in 'The Chronicles' started by Kara Orin, Apr 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kara Orin

Administrator
    Kara Orin Administrator

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “Hear ye, hear ye!” yelled a town crier as Kara and Quoril passed through a town square.

Several of the sick lined the streets. Black veins could be seen on their skin. Boils formed. Too weak to move, they stared at the passerby’s that ignored them.

Can’t expect a farmer’s daughter to pay you,” Kara replied to Quoril.

“The Merchant’s Council declares the Upper Cairou unsafe!” the crier continued.

Ever heard of the C.R.T.C.?” Kara asked as she glanced toward Quoril mid-stride.

“Travel upstream of the river is not recommended!” the crier declared.

2. Quoril

Quoril Alchemist, Explorer

Character Biography:
    Bio
    #52 Quoril, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    As Quoril followed Kara towards the port district he heard the town crier warning of the dangers of travelling up river. As they continued on, he saw sick people lining the streets. They were covered in boils and black veins ran along under their skin. The elf felt pity for those who were afflicted by the mysterious disease and hoped that the liquid Kara had showed him worked.

Ever heard of the C.R.T.C.?” Quoril was yanked out of his thoughts by the sound of Kara’s voice. “No I haven’t. Is it some sort of business?”

3. Kara Orin

Administrator
    Kara Orin Administrator

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "A trading company," Kara answered Quoril, "One of many in this city. The boss is an employee of the C.R.T.C."

The two passed by a shop with a sign reading,

THE GOLDEN NUGG
    A LIND COMPANY SHOP

After not too long, Quoril and Kara would enter the Port District. Most visitors rested within the Port District during their time at Elbion. A variety of races still swarmed the district. Many wore face masks of various kinds. Some masks had runes just as Kara's. Some looked like plague doctors with beaks full of herbs to ward off the "bad air."

Before the pair, another sign hanged over an open gate. It displayed: Cairou River Trading Company. A single, large human male stood guard. He sported a shining, bald head and a bit of brown stubble around his jawline. Just past his middle ages, for sure.

Looking toward Kara, the guard cheerfully greeted her with, "Welcome back, Little Miss!"

Glancing at Quoril, he then asked with a smile, "Who's your guest?"

Motioning a hand toward Quoril, Kara introduced him, "This is Quoril, an alchemist."

"An alchemist, eh?" the guard said as he placed his hands on his hips and puffed out his chest. His smile then morphed into a scowl as he continued with, "He doesn't look like one..."

Alexis Armon and Quoril like this.
  4. Quoril

Quoril Alchemist, Explorer

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Without responding to the bald man, Quoril reached into his backpack and pulled out a little glass tube. The almost transparent lavender colored liquid swirled gently inside as he uncorked it and dropped in a small seed he had also pulled from his pack. The liquid started bubbling and hissing madly as the seed quickly dissolved in the tube. After the mixture had calmed down, Quoril stood up on his toes and poured a small amount onto the man’s head. A few seconds passed without anything happening. “Aw, the little ‘alchemists’ potion didn't work.” he condescendingly said in a baby tone of voice. Quoril just stood there looking around at the surrounding buildings, expressionlessly. Turning to Kara the man said “Next time Little Miss, please bring somebody who actually knows what they’re doing. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need-” Suddenly his head sprouted long, wavy strands of sky blue hair and a look of shock plastered itself onto his face.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, there are sick and dying people all over this wretched city that need to be given this medicine.” Quoril said, exceedingly annoyed. If there was one thing that he vexed him most in life, it was people questioning his skill as an alchemist. He pushed his way past the shocked man and walked into the building. Scanning the inside of the room, he turned to Kara and said “Okay. Where’s the equipment and ingredients? The sooner I can make more of this medicine the better off the city will be.”

Alexis Armon and Eleanor Griffin like this.
  5. Madame Valkery

Madame Valkery The White Reaper

Character Biography:
    Bio
    As she approached the gates of the college Madame Valkery slowed. She saw two guards standing watch both wearing masks with ruins on them to keep out sickness. Both were human, one was a bit older nearing his late 30s and the other seemed much younger, perhaps 19. They stood attentively as she approached.

"Good afternoon gentlemen, I am here to speak with a Lady Armon. I have been told she resides here at the college," she said.

Quoril and Alexis Armon like this.