Private Tales Whittling in the Wood.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Right..."

He prepared himself. Weirdly, his heart began to beat faster; faster than most times a challenge came his way. What boggled him the most however, was that he had no clue why.

Maho looked at the four plants. Immediately, he thought he recognised the thick stalked, light-green plant as the most obvious weed, as it protruded from almost everywhere, and had no blooms.

As he began to pick those, he also began to rip out the jagged-leaved plants, believing them to be the only other candidate for weeds, as the others seemed to beautiful of ivy like to be weeds.

"I think I am grabbing the correct ones... it's been a while." And a long while it had been.

The green stalks soon proved out to be malign, ripe onions. However, the true horror began when the jagged leaf was pulled. A small, man-shaped root suddenly opened it's mouth agape and began SCREAMING SO LOUD IT GOT HARD TO THINK. It tried to wiggle free from his grip and run amok in the backyard.

Susan was shaken...did he...just pull the mandrake? She tried to hold her hands close to her ears.

He first noticed the ripe onions he was picking out; not weeds, but at least he picked them whilst they were right. Not a complete failure.

However, when he picked the jagged-edged-leaved plant, he pulled the mandrake up with great difficulty, the ugly thing lifted into the air, staring Sparhawk down with it's grotesque, malformed face. What followed however, trumped the terror of that ten-fold.

The scream.

It bellowed a horrifying, ear-shattering scream, that must have shook the room with it's grand shriek. Sparhawk, however, was not affected by it. He just formed a grimace across his face, as anger filled his heart. However loud the scream was, it did not compare to the thousands of voices Sparhawk would hear every moment, incessantly, in his life.

Suddenly, a fire shot it's way from Sparhawk's shoulder into his hand, setting the terrible thing alight, it's scream turning into a blood-curdle, as it's green leaves turned to ash, and the sound of it's terrible pain subsided. He dropped it onto the floor.

"I Hate Mandrakes."

• Dab
Reactions: Asuego 'Susanna'
"Oh... I see. I knew what Mandrakes were but... i'd only ever seen them. Uh... Apologies. I'll reimburse you." He said, politely.

"So..." He looked about himself awkwardly.

"What's next?"

• Yay
"Right..."

I don't think you're done. I'm trying my best here dammit.

He continued to take out the other plants, separate to the ones he'd already attempted to rip out.

"How long have you been living here?" He thought he might as well make some conversation.

• Yay