Private Tales Whittling in the Wood.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The witch brought over the teapot after a few minutes, pouring the steeped tea in a small glazed cup. »OF course, that was part of our deal, you will weed my garden.«

He laughed a little.

"You know, I don't talk about it an awful lot, but I used to be a farmer, long time ago; used to always weed the gardens- almost every morning. Piece a' cake." He said, half-cockily.

The witch chuckled lightly, her gaze tired and pointed at the ground.
»And now you're a mage. A powerful one to that. Touched by an entity of some higher power.« Asuego's eyes shifted. Some of the talismans and wards still resonated from the divine power in the mage.
»What made you walk this path?«

"You'd think differently, if you knew what it meant." He stated, coldly, raising his scarred, burnt hands to look at them.

"I signed a contract that cost me my soul. I thought i'd done it to help a friend, but now... i'm not too sure." His feelings were clearly mixed, his voice a sharp tone between tired and regretful.

"You'd lose a lot of sleep if you knew of the things i've done. I have."

• Yay
Reactions: Asuego 'Susanna'
»It seems that sleep is not the only thing you've lost.« Susan poured some too for herself as well. There was still some left for more.
She sipped.

She would have otherwise continued with...
»A friend.«

"He was never my friend." He snapped.

"I was unwise to believe his false words. I was used by a monster. And he made me into a monster." He looked down to his fist, and clenched it tight.

"I won't let him kill and war anymore... I'm just not strong enough."

• Dab
Susan smirked lightly, sitting on her rocking chair and swaing forth and back. Her eyes closed lightly as she took in the aroma of the tea. »And yet you feel so strongly for him. A bad influence indeed, you can fully part from a person like that.«

He took a heavy sigh, as he lifted the tea to his mouth, and took a long sip, the heat not affecting him in the slightest, not feeling it's warmth as it dropped down his throat and into his stomach. However, it calmed him, a little.

"You don't part from a man like that, or forget them for that matter. Him or I must die. I'm sure of that."

»There are many ways to resolve a dispute. Some with words, but that may leave you with less resolve than to wound alone.«
The witch rocked, her cat, Apollo lept on her lap. She gave it a scratch around the ear and the cat gleefuly purred.

»I forgot most of my troubles. You wouldn't believe how much I've lived through. Too old to remember the date i've been born, too old to recall the names of my forefathers.«
Susan supped her tea. The cat yawning and stretching on her lap.
»And where do you hail from.«

"You sound like you've seen a lot. Reminds me of the Elves from the Falwood; they speak from such experience also."

»And where do you hail from.«

"Where-" He'd almost never been asked that question. And on the rare occasions he had been, he'd never answered honestly. Seeming as he'd dug up a chunk of his past already, he felt comfortable on telling her of his origin.

"I was born in Cerak At'Thul. I was a slave. I was bought by a Sorcerer, Jerik. He must've been the wisest man in all of Arethil."

• Yay
"I don't know what Jerik saw in me. He almost never spoke. Whatever it is he saw, he was wrong." He took another long, drawn out sip of tea.

He didn't want to talk about his past. It brought up wounds he'd rather left forgotten, and scars he'd want to be unseen.

"There was a girl. Alina. I met her whilst travelling through the country side. And..." He hesitated.

"Then I became a farmer."

• Yay
»A young love.« Susana finished for him.
»Though you were with Jerik, did the man let you leave?« Susana rocked on her chair while her owl Aristotle hooted on the backend window. The great horned owl landed without a sound and was not there just a few moments before. He stared angrily, as how owls usually do.

A young love.

"He took me to Elbion, so I could be educated formally. He travelled to the Belgrath, and I haven't seen him since." He said, regrettingly.

"I wished i'd stayed with him. I wished i'd stayed with her..." He sadly murmured, taking another sip of tea.

• Yay
» For you to weed my garden.« susan rocked on her chair before standing up after Apollo jumped off and trotted off towards the door and meowed. Susan opned the back door that led into her grove which was covered by very tall trees but otherwise there was lots of empty space in the middle, where an altar stood by the sidelines.
A bit further to the side of the house lay her garden.

Sparhawk followed thw Witch, along with her cat. He entered into a grove, blanketed in dense foliage, apart from the relatively sparce space that occupied the middle, with an altar on the sideline.

He began to follow her, further towards the garden.

"I know I haven't asked, but why haven't you just done this yourself with magic?" He said, in a questioning tone.

• Yay
Soon enough they were beside the little grove. It was sectioned off in multiple parts, four to be precise, but not to keep different plants together, many grew here and there in a disorderly fashion.
»Instantaneous magic is that of wizards, not witches. And even then, can you conjure a spell that would weed a garden?« The witch chuckled heartedly.
»If only I had a hobgoblin for each frivolous spell a mage has to ease their life. Then I might have enough assistants, alas, I have you.«

It was interesting; now he thought about it, he probably didn't know any spells that would help him in weeding a garden. Of course he knew advanced telekinesis - every Elbion Sorcerer did - but he didn't know enough about plans to determine how to alter spells or anything of that ilk. Too complicated.

"I am to be the Slave then. So, any weeds in particular? I know you witches use Weeds." He didn't actually know that.

He'd heard it in a book somewhere.

»If my sight were any good I would point you to the weeds. Don't pick any of the big blossoming ones except for obvious weeds. And no, if they were wanted they would not be weeds.«

The first plot of land had 3 different plants.
The first had long, thick stalk-like leaves protruding from the ground of a light green colour. The texture of it was smooth. There were plenty of them, some clustered together, others separate.
The second plant had heart-shaped leaves and was of a dark green colour. It coiled around any support and other plants. It had a large bell-like blossom of a white colour.
The third was of medium growth and had brilliant purple tall-hat and star-like shaped blossoms. There were plenty of blossoms clustered together on a single stalk.
The fourth plant had weirdly jagged like leaves splayed across the floor, radiating away from a centre.