Open Chronicles Welcome to Route

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Esmeralda

Queen Of Routé
Character Biography
Link
Princess, soon to be Queen, Esmerelda paced back and forth in her chamber.
In simply a matter of hours the castle doors would open and nobles, allies, trades masters the like would be flooding into her ballroom.

Today was her eighteenth birthday and not only was this ball being held for her birthday but also for her coronation where she would be crowned Queen, have to build new allies, prove to her uncles she was worth of the thrown, find and establish suitors and much much more. To say the Princess was stressed was an under statement.

~*~~

The kingdom was the busiest it had been in years. Travelers were flocking in and filling the accomidations. The castle servents were bustling about and the kitchen staff running through the market stalls in search of last minute items needed for the evenings feast. Those not attending the ball would be holding a celebration of their own in the market square - celebrating the very same as those inside the castle.

Within the palace walls maids shuffled about dusting every inch of every room, even those that had sat untouched for decades.
The marble floors had been scrubbed since dawn that morning and were now being polished.

A handful of servents were adding the finishing touches to the decor in the ballroom. Gold and Emerald colors filled the room, it was a necessity for the evening for those were the royal colors of house Le Roux

Valdr was a knight and member of the lesser nobility. The latter was something he often shirked from due to his belief they had lost their focus of protecting the people. In an effort to balance that out, he had left his home with his mothers blessing and began to roam, either looking for noble quests, ways to protect the people, or even perhaps a worthy cause to serve.

That hunt would lead him across the continent from the north to the south, east to west. He would guide his courser onto the main road that led to the gate, careful to not get too close to any of the people.

Gold and emerald banners hung from parapet, and the most excited of commonfolk found themselves wearing colors to match. Whatever this occasion was, it seemed to keep the people in elevated spirits. Gold and silver armor would join the throng, nearly blending in with the rest as he made his way to the stable.

Reaching the first checkpoint, he would swing down from his chestnut horse and pat the side of his neck. "Easy, Torvald." He mused as he scratched along the coursers neck. After a few more brushes, he would turn to the stable master and offer a smile. "Greetings, friend. How much for a stall and feed? For three days time."

The grizzled man that approached would tap his chin in thought. "I would say.. twelve gold should cover it."

Valdr would reach into a pouch and hand him stack larger than the payment. "The rest is for information. Where can I go for lodging, hot food, and a pint?"

"Well lord, I'd wager you would find such accommodations at the keep. Id check there, it's the Princesses birthday, gods be praised. You run along and I will tend to your horse, Lord." He would bow once before heading over to grab ahold of Torvalds reins before guiding him deeper into the stables.

"My thanks, friend." Valdr offered a bow of his head in thanks before gathering what he needed from the saddlebags and departing deeper into town. He would have to find a gift for the Princess, one surely could not arrive at a party with nothing.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux

Rayden Rayes was already on top of the castle walls with some of his fellow guards. He shrugged about in his armour, unaccustomed to it. Normally, Rayden wore leather armor and fur due to his position.

"Looking good friend." One of his fellow warriors grabbed his shoulder. Rayden just grunted. He was not happy, but he had to wear Routen armour for the festivities. Order of the queen.

He went to his post on the wall were he had a clean look over the bridge that stretched over a river and seperated the rolling hills and lucious forestst from the Kingdom. Now to wait, hopefully the rest of the day would be uneventful.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Rayden Rayes Rangvaldr Tal'deneshaar

Nycto watched from the corner as the Crown Princess paced in her chamber. His white mask followed her as she paced, observing her, examining her in silence. He stood in the corner of her room, next to the door. His silver hair reflected the light in the room and shined, in stark contrast to his pitch black clothing.

Nycto was here because, well, he had a debt to pay to the late King Rowan. Rowan had been a... old friend of Nycto's, and he had helped Nycto in the past numerous times, Rowan had helped Nycto when he first became this monster, had been one of the few people to accept him for who he was, and even helped him.

When Rowan died... Nycto still had his debt unpaid to him. So, Nycto had decided the best way to do that was to protect his sole living offspring, his daughter... Nycto knew that she had enemies, especially her uncles, who no doubt would want to take the throne from her, through any means likely. Nycto had promised Rowan that he would protect her, and make sure his offspring would be safe.

Plus, well, today was the day she was to be crowned queen. Today would be the perfect day for any assassins or political opponents to try to remove her from power, by any means necessary. Today was going to be an interesting day...

"Calm yourself, Esmerelda." Nycto said to her, using her first name since he was already friends with her father. "You'll be fine, today will go great."

Nycto walked over to her. She was beautiful. Even if she wasn't being crowned queen, she still would have been the center of attention, and drawn many eyes towards her. "Your father would be proud of you, Esmerelda. He talked about this day a lot. He knew you'd be a great leader." Nycto told her, reassuring her.

Nycto Rangvaldr Tal'deneshaar

Esmerelda turned to Nycto. "Thank you Nyct. It means much to me that you say such things, especially since you and my father were close companions."

She walked across the room and stared out of her bedroom window. "I think I am just worried that this evening does not go as planned. My uncles are not the type..." she let out a an exasperated chuckle and shook her head slowly. Then she looked up, straight into Nycto's eyes, all of a sudden her tone changed, she went from sounding like a scared little girl straight to a warrior, ready for battle.

"No matter what occurs tonight. I will lay my head this evening as the Queen of Route."

"Your Majesty,"
a womans voice came from the doorway. It was Esmereldas lady-in-waiting Mindy. She did not flintch at the sight of Nycto, she had known him since she was in Esmereldas service which started when both women were only fourteen. "You must begin preparing."

She gave Nycto a look of well off you go then - and pulled out the seat at the princesses vanity, motioning for her to sit.

• Love
Reactions: Nycto
Some time would pass as Valdr paced through the numerous stalls of the city. Various vendors hawking similar wares, some even bearing hidden inventories opened only to those who looked as if they could afford it. He had managed to find a gift he felt would be suitable, as well as a small morsel to snack on.

Pleased with the days events thus far, the young knight would head towards the looming palace. It was a true sight of beauty and one he hadn't seen for some time with his travels.

There was a long line of nobles and would-be guests, already forming. He would get a place in line and hopefully see about lodging in the palace. If not? He wasn't above the Alehouse. All he could do now, was wait. He still had several hours until the party, so he was far from being in a rush.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Nycto Rayden Rayes

A young man with a scroll so long it hit the floor stood at one entrance to the palace that led into the kitchens, as servants entered with baskets full of different items he made small marks on his parchment. He even took notes of those who left or forgot as little as a lettuce leaf. The head kitchen maid ran a tight ship.

At another entrance, the one where the guests for this evenings ball stood and waited to enter, footman pranced up and down taking away horses to the stables as they arrived. Maids took in luggage and greeters let the guests in one by one, as they announced them selves a young scholar stood close by scribbeling down each name and title, worst case scenario - if something happened - the guards would know exactly who was on their suspect list.

Guests that were staying the night were taken to the right once inside the doors- they were to be shown their rooms. Others walked straight ahead towards the ballroom.

The ball would only begin once the sun had set but eagerness took over many of the guests. They had decided to already enter the palace, explore some of the rooms open to the guests such as the magnificent library and others strolled in the royal gardens, some filtering into the green house and viewing rare plants only home to their kingdom. ( most probably arriving with the first settlers who had traveled the seas and visited far off lands )

• Bless
Reactions: Azlat Ushus
Perfect place in thread for new characters to hop in so will probably be slow for the next couple of days. If we have a lot of writers then i think this thread in general will be slow

The scene was one of opulence and splendour, and Azlat did marvel at it on her arrival. There was architecture of the sort that only skilled artisans could have completed, and in a style that seemed to exude a welcoming attitude and promise of grandeur. A far cry from the structures within her home city of Thagretis, where intimidating buildings and contrast of shades rendered the setting as aggressive. And aptly so.The decorations, the finery, even the hospitable staff that rushed to wait on her filled Azlat with pangs of anger. What luxury these northerners enjoy. What safety they might retreat to and deny others.

Others shifted about, mingled among each other while Azlat stood and sipped her wine. nina-modaffari-f-hooded-ocean-caster.jpgShe’d foregone the face paint she normally wore; she didn’t need any more strange looks. Even with her face bare, her serpentine eyes were likely to catch attention, but she had a solution for that too in the form of a hood that obscured her eyes and forehead. To her satisfaction, the style of clothing did serve to reduce the attention she’d received from others before. Or perhaps those who lived here simply had a modicum of tact that others had lacked. Either way, Azlat was happy to simply be another face among the crowd.

Or was, until her peace was disturbed.

“Have you met the princess yet?” asked a voice that had become already become familiar with. Regrettably so, she’d had to dodge this one several times already. Hints seemed to elude him. Anything stronger might break etiquette, much as she’d rather speak her mind. But she didn’t come all this way to get thrown out on account of some ignorant pig.

“No.” came her simple reply. Aversion didn't come naturally to her. As much as she'd rather share her true thoughts, she also didn't come all this way just to be thrown out. A short response might at least bid a short reply from him.

It did not.

“I must say she’s a pleasant one, and I have met many rulers as Oban’s top ambassador. Why, among the many kingdoms that do grace our-”

“You’re right. I should meet her now. Bye.” Azlat snapped back, interrupting him mid-sentence before turning on her heels and briskly walking away. Perhaps the face paint did serve a use in a social setting. Lessons learned….

Soon, she was before the queen to be. Azlat had heard all about her, and no doubt Esmeralda made her mother proud. Azlat had daughter of her own that might’ve too… had northerners not suddenly stormed the city and slain her. Had her hood not covered her eyes as it did, Esmeralda might have seen her hateful glare. One that defied the pleasant and falsely sincere tone of the words she was to speak.

“I am̵ Azlat of House Ush̷us, p̵ri̶estes̶s of̵ Thagretis̴. I arriv̵̔e on a missiǒ̷n of diplo̶̕macy̶̓, b̸e̵t̴ween our kingd̶om and you̴rs.” she introduced herself, keeping her expression stoic and respectful. Really, she was only here to learn more about those within the northern continents, and ‘diplomacy’ seemed a fitting excuse for her presence.

Azlat might not have arrived with the best of intentions; still, better those who had invaded her home years prior.

Last edited:
Valdr had remained in his armor, choosing to wear that over just some fancy clothes. He noticed how.. detailed the staff were, and when they led him to his room, he would take the time to freshen up and wash days of travel on the road from his skin.

A fresh tunic then gambeson before he reapplied his armor. He would then take a stroll through the gardens before finally joining the rest of the guests in the ballroom.

He would mingle and socialize, refraining from drinking for now. Then he would see a hooded figure, perhaps an assassin? Maybe. She was getting harassed, so maybe he would intervene and keep an eye on her. Just before he reached the pair, the woman stormed off, leaving the man looking shocked and appalled.

Valdr stopped before the man. "Sir, I suggest you let that one go. It appears she gave you the benefit of a dry tunic. Run along now." The man must have mistaken Valdr for one of the guards because he would comply, darting for a far corner of the ballroom.

The young Knights gaze would then trail after the hooded figure, who seemed to be beelining for the Princess. Not on his watch. Valdr would carve through the crowd after her, his long strides carrying him quick enough to close the distance. He would then stop a foot or two behind to hooded woman as she spoke, as if standing in queue to do so. Thankfully, he still had her gift, should this be nothing and he was next.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Azlat Ushus

• Bless
Reactions: Azlat Ushus
The time had arrived for Esmerelda to greet her guests.
Her ladies maids had dressed her in a lilac ball gown embedded with pearls and embroidery, gold flowers. Her blond hair was styled in an elegant bun and her pearl tiara sat comfortably atop her ash-blonde locks, later to be replaced by a much more glamorous crown.

As guests filtered through, many simply bowed or curtsied.

One of the first to adress her was a cloaked woman which the princess had found rather odd that she had decided on such an outfit instead of a gown for such a important event, then again, she most probably was not from any neighbouring kingdoms and their culture might be much different.

"Priestess," Esmerelda gave a slight bow of her head. "Thank you for making the journey to be here this evening." She gave the woman a lipped smile. "I do hope my servants have assisted in you settling in properly."

With that a server came past with a tray full of glass goblets filled with the finest wine, only the best would be served this evening. Princess Esmerelda took a goblet with one of her dainty, well manicured hands. "Thank you Stephen."

The server then turned to offer Azlat and would then move on further down the procession line.

Jacob had been wandering as usual from city to city, forest to forest aimlessly. The hybrid vampire, had been in the woods for months on end and decided to end his solitude. Jacob Ford was a hybrid of vampire and werewolf, but predominantly a vampire. Upon arrival in a small lively town, he is tired and restless...
Looking for a place to lay his head for the night, he walks into an inn. Meeting the the chubby female bar tender, he immediately took a sweat at the bar, placed a two silver coins on the counter and asked for a mug of ale.
"I'd like a mug of ale if u please, I am famished."

Picking up a mug with a disgruntled look, she filled the mug while staring at the young stranger.

"You're not from these parts young lad," She said.
"Oh yeah? What gave me away?" Jacob replied with a straight face, but with a hint of annotance in his voice. Jacob didn't like being questioned when he was tired. Suppressing a little growl in his throat, he took the mug and downed half the contents of the mug.
Wiping off the liquid residue from his lips, the vampire looked up to the bar tender... "Do tell me, why is the city looking with the smell of celebration in the air." From the inn, Jacob could hear the bursts of laughter all over the city, with children shrieking and playing about, men and women bargaining in the market stalls and travellers such as himself, pulling in on carrages and horses. Something was indeed afoot today in the city... But what.
"You clearly are not from these parts." The tender replied with a shake of her head and a light chuckle. "Or maybe you have been living under a rock for the past few days", she added, clealy mocking Jacob.

A slightly annoyed Jacob decided to let this slide, seeing as the woman spoke some semblance of a truth. Although he hadn't been living under a literal rock, he had spent most of his time for the past few months in the forest, and was away from any form of communication. Shrugging it off, he raised his eyebrows that suggested the bar tender to explain.

"Tis the day the princess Esmerelda gets to be crowned queen." She said, in a not so excited voice.
"You you be looking to lay for a rest at my inn, I am sorry to inform u that I am all filled out" She finished while turning her back to Jacob.
Princess Esmerelda... Interesting. Jacob thought to himself as he finished his mug of ale.

"I do need a place to spe.. "
"I told u, I have no room for anymore guests." She in terrupted him rudely. A line formed across Jacob's lips as he closed them and a light frown forced its way onto his face. Closing his eyes, taking in a deep breath, he spoke while opening his eyes.
"Where then do I get a place to stay the night?" He asked, trying to keep out as much annoyance as possible from his voice. Still not looking at Jacob she replied, "Head over to the palace. They should have some empty rooms left if not, the sky will be your blanket tonight."
Thinking for a while, Jacob arose from the stool and turned towards the exit, walking out. A loud voice trailed behind him... "Don't forget a gift for her majesty, or the spoiled brat won't be pleased."
A gift? That'll be easy! Jacob said to himself as he walked towards the palace. Entering the palace, Jacob admired the elaborate decorations that adorned the palace walls.
The intricate decorations reminded him of the extravagant balls, his mother used to throw. The rich and powerful Ford family used to celebrate unnecessarily, just for the thrill of it.
As he walked into the ball room, he immediately spotted a lady who he immediately confirmed as the queen to be. In front of her, stood an oddly dressed woman, with a hood over her head.
Peeling through the crowds of people, Jacob is the completely captivated by the princess' beauty, that he fails to avoid bumping into a large muscular man in front of him wearing armor...

While this may not have been a mission of diplomacy, it wasn't the sort of place she could carry weapons. Azlat was entirely unarmed, having forfeit her staff, her bow, and her dagger to the safekeeping of palace security. She almost wished she still had the dagger on her, that may have been hint strong enough for that Obanese ambassador. Were he even one. Azlat didn't care, and had absolutely no inclination to verify the claim. Bless that armoured man though, he was correct on both counts. Maybe his hint would be taken. Better it was, lest her patience run too thin.

Princess Esmerelda was easy to spot, she had a commotion about her, and her dress of style far different than they considered formal. But it was a different land with different customs, and Azlat could not deny that it was striking and beautiful. The gold flowers were a nice addition. Azlat could certainly appreciate gold.

She approached Esmerelda, and kept herself facing forward. Not once turning her head, and taking absolutely no notice of Rangvaldr behind her. Better that no one might catch sight of her draconian eyes. She didn’t care to chance a commotion by exposing them to any beyond the princess. To keep herself concealed would be extremely poor etiquette. She raised her hands to the side of her hood in a slow and obvious motion. To make them too suddenly so close to royalty was beyond poor etiquette – it would be outright suicide. A flick of her hands tossed the white hood back over her wavy black hair, revealing the dark skinned woman in full, and hinting at the cause for the concealing garment. Her eyes were a most unnatural shade of yellow, with serpentine slits in place of pupils and an ashen grey tone to what would be the whites of them.

“A pleasure and t͝hey͏ h̛a͘ve been m͢o̧s͢t c̕o̴u̢rteoųs. Fo͢r͢g̴i̧v͘e the h͠o͏o͡d, but̛ we of ͢T̀h̡a͞g͠r͜eti̢s ap̧p͢e̶ar dif͟f̡e͘r͞e͟nt. ͡I did not des̵įre comm͞o͟t͞i̧o͟ǹ.” Azlat explained, continuing to use her formal tone. She had some concern over what Princess Esmerelda's reaction might be. In the worst case, she might cast her out – but that would have implied the mission was a bust from the start. If not, then perhaps she could hold a bit of comfort knowing that she had met with the princess and wasn’t judged poorly. She could do without it.

Azlat had plenty of her own judging to do.

“A gif͡ţ, as is c̢u͟s̨t͡o͏mary.” She then announced, again making her motions deliberate and obvious as she reached into a pouch. She was not about to draw a weapon, that was northern barbarism. From it, she procured a Thagretan symbol of pure cast gold, a symbol of her wealth and a fitting gift for a queens welcome, and for diplomatic establishment.

“Thank͡ ỳo̵u” Azlat replied gratefully, when offered the drink, though she remained self conscious enough to conceal her eyes beneath closed eyelids as she did.

Last edited:
There would be a slight jingle of armor as Valdr shifted, reacting to the hands moving to her hood, but he would pause, relaxing when she spoke. He didn't need to see her eyes to put two and two together, especially when he heard the women mention Thagretis. His father had traveled many lands and spoke of the divisions amongst the people, and he instantly felt shame for assuming the worst of her. That was a fault he would happily rectify later.

When Stephen offered him a glass, he would decline, using the man's name, something that seemed to catch him off guard. He would keep abstaining from now. After all, his brother worked tirelessly at dirtying their name, which meant he had to be the counter balance.

His thoughts would return to the man who had harassed the woman in front of him. Perhaps that was his game. What a vile man, there would be a formal challenge later this night, with actual duel taking place on the morrow. His gaze would lock with the worm in his chosen corner and the eyes would narrow, causing the man to retreat further.

His hands would rest casually on his belt, gift tucked away, patiently awaiting his chance to meet the new Queen. Suddenly, he would feel someone bumping into him, perhaps it was a challenge? Or better yet, a brigand. Nay, it was likely some drunk. He would turn to the man. "Easy, its far too early to be stumbling, the dancing hasn't even begun yet."

the h͠o͏o͡d, but̛ we of ͢T̀h̡a͞g͠r͜eti̢s ap̧p͢e̶ar dif͟f̡e͘r͞e͟nt. ͡I did not des̵įre comm͞o͟t͞i̧o͟ǹ.” Azlat explained, continuing to use her formal tone. She
Esmerelda found Azlats eyes astonishing. Her own deep blue eyes grew wide with wonderment. She had never seen such a thing before. How beautiful .
Thagretan symbol of pure cast gold, a symbol of her wealth and a fitting gift for a queens welcome, and for diplomatic establishment.

Slowly, the princess took her gift. "Well it is safe to say that I have never received a gift of this type before. I truly adore it." She passed the gift off to her lady in waiting. "But I must say," Esmerelda took a few slow steps forward and leaned in, only an inch away from the Priestesses ear and whispered, "I would be truly honoured if you could tell me more about the nature of your eyes. They are spectacular." She leaned back, smiled and with a simple wave of the hand dismissed Azult and turned to walk back to were she was already standing, not even giving the woman a chance to answer.

Esmerelda now looked to Rangvaldr, patiently waiting for his approach. He was seemingly last in line. Then the dancing could begin and later on, the coronation.

if anybody has a suitor please let me know because at a later stage each suitor will be called individually to dance with Esmerelda

A calm, but audible voice snapped Jacob out of his daze. It's very often for him to be smitten at the site of a beautiful lady, hence a hint of embarrassment shone through his dark eyes.
He met the gaze of the stranger, ignoring his comment. With a light smile across his face, hoping to mask his embarrassment he replies to the man.. "Sorry mate didn't see u there."
Immediately, his gaze shifts back to the princess totally ignoring the man. He watches as the princess returns to her original spot after she has a brief chat with the funnily dress woman from whom Jacob felt a strange aura.
She must be a witch or something... he thought to himself. Arranging himself, he stepped in line as he reached into his pocket to fish out a gift for the princess..
Although he was attending the party just because he needed a place to stay, he didn't want to come off as a rude free loader.... At least he wanted to be a polite free loader.
The thought provoked a little smile on his face, as he pulled out a necklace from his pocket.

The necklace had a diamond pendant, carried by a golden chain. Obviously, Jacob had stolen this from a merchant and was hoping to get a fair price for the piece. But then he thought it best to hand it to the princess as a gift.. That should earn him a bed for the night. Although Jacob sometimes stole, he despised the act and only ever applied his skills in theft when it was absolutely needed.
In this case, he stole the necklace to teach a greedy merchant a lesson.
"No need to waste such a fine piece of jewelry", he said under his breath as her gazed down on the necklace. Looking back up, tilled his head back and squared out his shoulders, and with a stoic face, he stood behind the strange warrior awaiting his turn to greet the princess....

"I would be truly honoured if you could tell me more about the nature of your eyes. They are spectacular."
Esmerelda replied, and though Azlat kept herself tactfully stoic, she was taken aback by the reaction. Both from the kind words given, and from her stated desire to learn of the feature that had caused her self consciousness here. She might tell her that the feature was a result of her draconic lineage, but then Azlat would might have to further explain that lineage.

She had arrived to Route as a scout, posing as a diplomat, not a missionary. But religion was not a subject that could easily be avoided in the answer Princess Esmerelda requested. These outlanders were ignorant and referred to pretenders as true dragons, and she had experienced difficulties in explaining the difference before. Others had not taken so kindly when she had preached, reacting with outright hostility upon hearing the gods they held dear were false. Kind as the princess was, Azlat doubted her reaction would be much different.

Azlat's worry was for naught. Before answer could be given, Esmeralda dismissed her with a smile and a gesture. She stood where she was for a stunned moment before she took another sip of her drink and stepped away herself. Odd that the princess did not remain to hear the answer. Perhaps there were matters to attend to, or perhaps her departure was an unknown part of customs here. Azlat didn't know. These folk were strange.

Though, their hospitality could not be denied. It was far above and beyond what she'd come to expect in these barbarian lands, aside from that one boor. In her long travels Azlat had yet to meet any who defied her presumption, with one exception. She truly hoped Joia Three Fingers was well, and even better if she had gotten out of that dump called Osteriam. She deserved better than that place, bless her dear heart.

With her drink in hand and the princess' approval in mind, Azlat felt no need to don her hood again. Esmeralda had seen them and approved, which meant others must be obligated to, in Azlat's mind. She had not known monarchy, only read of it, and considered the system to be archaic and inferior to one led by council. Knowing nothing of their government, Azlat imagined an iron-handed ruler, whose whims and opinions must be obeyed, lest punishment and flogging commence.

Tyranny, undoubtedly. But the Queen-to-be seemed a kind and pleasant tyrant, at least.

She'd have to learn more about these people.

Last edited:
Valdr would recognize that look for what it was and just offered a nod. "No problem." He would say lightly. So, the man wasn't a drunk. Or at least if he was, he hadn't yet touched a drop. He would shrug away the incident before returning his gaze to the Queen-to-be, and the woman before him.

He thought the sudden ending of the conversation and the withdrawal of the younger royal was one that surprised and intrigued the young knight. She was either using some tact, or perhaps even just eager to get to the coronation. Either way, it was noted.

When it was finally his turn, silver and gold armor would step forward, his approach halting within a respectful distance of her. "M'lady." He would say with a respectful bow of his head, his golden eyes remaining focused on her. "I am Ser Valdr of Vel Anir and patriarch of House Tal'deneshaar. A very minor house." he would add the last part so as to not feel like he was misleading her of his standing. "I come with a gift and the respect and adoration of my House, in honor of the friendship our fathers shared. His loss was felt by us, but we too rejoice in your ascension." He would procure a small box and offer it to one of the Queens guards who opened it to ensure it was safe. He then offered her a gentle smile as they waited.

Given permission, he would take three steps forward and kneel, one hand shifting his scabbard to the side while the other extended with the gift resting between his fingertips. This would ensure she could grab the gift without getting too close. After all, he was minded about not only her safety, but her feeling of security.

If she took the box and opened it, she would find a golden ring with two serpents coiling around the band itself, one detailed the other smooth, as if they were both emerging from the emerald in the center and racing for it. "To honor your kingdom." His voice would lower so only she could hear him (or any creature with heightened hearing) "I have been assured that it possesses the ability to heal the most grievous of wounds.. but only sparingly."

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Baron Azlat Ushus

Last edited:
ensure it was safe. He then offered her a gentle smile as they waited.

Esmerelda found the gift nothing except beautiful and the healing powers extrodinary.
"It is stunning Ser Valdr, thank you" she gave him a soft smile.

The princess shut the box and handed it to a servent.
With that one of the guards entered the ballroom and made a v-line for Esmerelda. As he got closer he slowed down in an attempt not to draw suspicion. He knelt infront of his queen-to-be.

"Yes?" Esmerelda whispered, irritation clear. This could not be good.
The knight rose and whispered something to her. You could see the color drain from her face and all you heard before she sent the knight off was, "Well detain him until I get the chance to go down there."

Esmerelda cleared her throat and regained her composure, looking once again at Valdr.
"It is an honour to know that a friend of the late King stands before me today pledging loyalty." She gave him a small bow of the head and dismissed him too.

As Ser Valdr moved, another man came forward.

His name,
Duke Quinton Of House Van Rensburg. He was Routen nobility and did not only come to the ball for the sake of celebration but also as a potention suitor.

Quinton was a burly man. He donned his furs, as most warriors of Route did and stepped forward, taking a knee.

"Esmé," he gave the Princess a smirk and a wink. She did not even smile.
"It is Princess Esmerelda, Duke."
The familiarity between the two was obvious, the reason for this being that Quinton was one of Esmereldas late brothers friends.

Quinton had been competing for Esmereldas attention for as long as she could remember and previously she was able to tell him his fortune, but now, if Duke Quinton offered himself up as a suitor the Princesses would have to accept. If she did not, her council would give her absolute hell.

Esmerelda could not stand Quinton. She found him arrogant and insensitive. He couldn't care, all he wanted was to become King, gain power and slowly take over the realm. In order for that to happen though he needed to convice the princess that he would be the perfect match and her greatest ally, that her only choice was to marry him.

"Excuse my improper greeting your majesty," he motioned for his own personal servent to bring forward a large wooden case, you could see the young man struggling under the weight of the case. He placed it slowly infront of the Princess.

As Esmerelda opened it, laying in straw she found a gorgeous long sword, slowly she lifted it and viewed the handel. Welded into the hilt was a large ruby and engraved underneath were her initials and below that a sequence of numbers, 1712...it almost brought tears to her eyes.

Delighted with her reaction, Quinton stood up, bowed his head and moved out of the line and began mingling with other aquintences.

How do you link other characters names at the bottom so they know there has been a post incase they havent watched the thread?

The young Lord Ford felt out of place in the line pressing forward to greet the queen to be.
First the priestess Azlat, was on a quest to establish friendly ties with the young princess, soon to be queen in a few hours.
Then the armored night, Sir Valdr, came from a family who had ties with the previous monarch. As pertriach, naturally he'd be here to pay his respects on behalf of his family.

Although the undead lord could be considered a heartless monster, he on the contrary had a conscience and a heart, along with a sense of honor. He began to have conflicted feelings about his reason for being at the palace. These feelings aroused by the gestures shown by the two individuals towards the young princess.

In his daze to figure out and clearly define his intentions, he failed to notice an eloquently dressed man cut ahead of him to salute the princess. The man, Duke Quinton greeted the princess in a way Jacob found rather uncoth for a Duke.
His greeting consequently earned him a stern rebuke from the princess. Clearly, the princess did not like this Duke. Seeing the look of disdain in her eyes towards the Duke, further confirmed that fact.

Jacob had seen kindoms rise and fall. He'd even contributed to the rise and fall to some of such kingdoms. So the scene in front of him was all too familiar.
An unmannered noble, looking to marry a young monarch in order to gain power... Classic!! Jacob thought to himself with a light smile. With that thought, Jacob took a step to address the princess...
"Greetings, your highness. I go by the name Ford... Jacob Ford." He stated, with a bow.
"Although I appear at your birthday party and coronation out of pure chance, it is my honor to be present here today."
With a slow movement of his hand, he extended the diamond necklace to the princess, holding it with both hands letting it hang to display it's beauty.
"Forgive my poor presentation your highness. Time was not on my side to properly wrap a gift for you. But the diamond on this necklace can be compared only to the stunning glow in your eyes." Jacob then retreated lightly, then an idea popped into his mind as he glaced over at the Duke who was now talking to another noble.
This beautiful princess obviously didn't want anything to do with the Duke. However, it didn't seam like she could simply just shove him to the side. He would try to help the princess get rid of the Duke. After all, he had nothing else on his a gender... Why not help a damsel in distress.

With a light smike, he addressed the princess once more...
"I hope this chanced meeting, can evolve to a pleasant relationship between her highness, and I."
With those final words, he gave a light bow...

From of the corner of her eye she spotted a palace guard approaching the princess at an urgent pace. He appeared to have urgent news to deliver to her. The news was confidential too, as he kept his voice to a whisper beside her ear, and Azlat could not hear what he had to speak of. She could only imagine what it might be, and naturally she imagined nothing good. She had mentioned Thagretis in her introduction, and even just exposed her eyes to all. Her assumption that her homeland remained unknown and unheard of was shaken by the veiled correspondence she had just witnessed.

Struck with fear, Azlat believed that she had been caught out. No one moved immediately against her, but given that she was surrounded, it was no comfort. Her hand instinctively patted at the side of her robes for a dagger that was no longer there. She was entirely unarmed and surrounded by barbarians she believed might execute her on the spot.

It was not until the invasion of Thagretis that Azlat learned of the northern mongrels. They did not care for the Holy Elder Dragon for these lands were filled with fools that believed the lies spewed forth from their clergy. This she knew, but she had yet to understand the reason for the invasion itself. Were they merely lashing out? Did the absence of the Holy Elder Dragon render these people vicious and feral of mind?

She now feared that she was about to meet her end, without discovering why they had stormed her city and slain her daughter. With knowledge seemingly out of reach, Azlat prepared for vengeance as a substitute.

She wasn’t about to be taken alive! Azlat moved over to the table upon which a smorgasbord of food sat, and gorged herself on cheese. She would be prepared with a throat full of phlegm fire once the Routians had captured…

‘Him?’

Perhaps she had been mistaken. Without much need to fuel her draconic breath, and a hand full of cheese, Azlat popped a slice into her mouth.

It was heavenly. Easily the best she had ever tasted, Routian cheese was a discovered delicacy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Esmeralda
Valdr released a held breath he hadn't realized he was holding. She loved the gift, or so she led him to believe. Either way, he would sleep easy knowing he had given her a way to protect herself. Boots would catch his attention as a guard approached at haste and shared an urgent message with her. Looking away as to not appear to be eavesdropping when he noticed the hooded woman.. gorging on cheese? She must have been hungry.

He would then glance back to the future Qyeen and bowed his head respectfully. "Perhaps fate will find us meeting on the dancefloor." He would respond as he rose to his feet with a grin. As he stepped off, the Duke arrived. The man had the aire of a fool and ambition so palpable that it could be cut with his own sword.

He would note the disrespectful greeting, then the tears wrought by the gift and the direct correlation to his smile. Another in need of a lesson in respect. He would pass behind Ford as the young man approached the Queen and closed in on the Duke. "Duke." He would say as he approached the man and his current party. "I suggest you try to remember the respect and the decorum that is demanded of your position... Especially when addressing the future Queen." His golden gaze would flick between each person present. "You may forget by the end of the night.. but many here, will not."

One man rebuked in front of others. Part of Valdr prayed to the gods that the Duke was a man easily riled. He had the aire of a weasel and the look of one to boot. As he finished he would loosen the buckles on his gauntlets. "Have a wonderful rest of the night." He would say with a respectful bow of his head. He would give the Duke a few moments to respond before departing for the cheese table.

Azlat Ushus Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Baron