Open Chronicles Welcome to Route

A roleplay open for anyone to join
" He would say with a respectful bow of his head. He would giv
Quinton was taken aback. Without giving Valdr a chance to leave he stepped forward, a hand resting on the hilt of his sword. "Do you dare insult me? In my homeland boy?" A scowl overtook his face. It was known Quinton had an ugly temper on him and could not stand a knock to his ego.
Just as he was about to further an argument, he saw Esmerelda and a royal announcer exchance a few words and the announcer move to adress the crowd.

"If I were you boy, I would be very careful as to who i insult." With that he moved to face her majesty, not saying another word.

meeting, can evolve to a pleasant relationship between her highness, and I."
With those final words, he gave a light bow
Esmerleda smiled, "Thank you for your gift Mr Ford, I look forward to getting to know you better." Once again, she handed the gift off to a servent who carried it out of the ballroom and disappeared down a corridor.

The sun had set and she moved to have a quick word with her announcer, stating she was ready to begin the festivities.

"Crowned Princess, Esmerelda Sophia Le Roux I." A deep voice rumbled from the announcers throat, silencing the room. He extended his hand to the Princess and walked her up three stairs so that she was now standing on a raised platform. Once in place the announcer took a knee showing the rest of the guests they were to now do the same.

"It is a great honour to have each of you here with me this evening." Esmerelda slowly looked around the room. "Many of you have traveled great distances to be here in Route," she shot Azlat a quick, meaningful glance.
"This evening we are not only here to celebrate my eighteenth birthday, but also my coronation." Polite applause filled the room, Esmerelda slowly lifted her hand to signal silance.
"With my coronation, my father made clear before his passing that he wished for me to be married by a year after I have taken the throne. Hence, those wishing to offer themselves as suitors are now free to do so."

From a corner of the ballroom, Esmerelda recieved approving nods from some of her council members, she had to try her best not to roll her eyes and let out a sigh.

"Now, let the festivities begin." The Princess sat slowly on her thrown and motioned for the band to begin playing, immediately guests began taking up the dance floor and chattering once again filled the grand room.

Rangvaldr Tal'deneshaar Azlat Ushus Baron

Last edited:
  • Bless
Reactions: Azlat Ushus
In the dungeons a separate scene was unfolding...

Just moment before the ball began Rayden caught glimpse of who he knew to be an unwelcome guest.

"Oh come on Rayden, you and I go way back." The man spoke over his shoulder as Rayden tied rope around his hands and led him to a cell. "Is this really necessary. " Rayden simply grunted, his way of saying yes.

"Come on, its her birthday...." the man trolled off in a rather whiney tone.

"Exactly, so I highly doubt the princess would want you there
." Rayden shoved the man into a cell, closing and locked the gate. "You mean the Queeeeeeennnn." He teased.

"Shut it Killian." With that, Rayden turned and left, telling one if the guards to go alert Esmerelda who was currently in one of the cells.

Jacob found the little spat between the Duke and the Knight rather amusing. In his life time, he had come across many such occasions of little fights centered around a beautiful maiden.
Slowly, he made his way towards the knight. He was a rather peculiar fellow, and Jacob found him interesting as such, he sought to make an acquaintance with knight.

Finally arriving by the knight just as the Duke's attention was drawn to the princess once more, Jacob took a few minutes to come up with a few opening words to be exchanged with the knight. Unbeknown to many, Jacob was a rather shy hybrid, and usually preferred getting approached than actually doing the approaching.
In the case of greeting the princess, he only managed that as a result of being born to an aristocratic and noble family... Manners and decorum were drilled into him from a very tender age. As for socializing with others, Jacob found an odd difficulty in it.

After fiddling about for a few minutes, he finally works up the nerve and the words... "That was rather uncouth for a Duke. Don't you think?" He said this much like a whisper, so as not to re attract the Dukes pompous confrontation.
Now with the princess haven given her speech, and the further announcement in her search for a husband, Jacob turns back to the Knight once more.
"What do you say...lets pull a prank on the pompous brat now shall we?"

She caught Rangvaldr’s gaze upon her as she stuffed another slice into her mouth. The customs of this land may elude her, but Azlat was not so alien as to fail to recognize the embarrassment in the situation. She looked odd, no doubt, with a stack of cheese in hand, and another in her mouth. Well, it wasn’t like she could simply put them back. One doesn’t just do that to food once touched, and trying to do so would be far more embarrassing. Explaining herself would be even worse, and Azlat wisely doubted Rang would understand that she wished to be ready to incinerate someone’s face, just in case. He surely didn’t know how her phlegm fire worked.

If asked, she’d be better off simply explaining the behavior by claiming a love of cheese. Which, having sampled the selection Route had to offer, was not a lie. How they made this, she did not know, but the texture and taste was impeccable. Finishing off the rest would be far from a chose at least, and Azlat popped yet another tasty morsel into her mouth.

Rang was accosted by another soon enough, one of the Queen-to-be’s suitors at that! Rang’s simple request for tact elicited such unwarranted hostility, and that he was made the target of it made it seem even more unwarranted. The knight had been well mannered, and Princess Esmerelda appeared to regard him as a trusted confidant. Azlat leered at the man, with suspicion of the game she believed him to be playing. As if he might curry favour and endearment through pursuit of violence against a guest. Route must have enemies, could Quinton not simply return with a necklace made from their ears and teeth? Such a gift surely would’ve swept Azlat right off her feet.

Perhaps she’d need to correct herself – Rang might not mind so much, were she to try and incinerate Quinton.

An announcement was made, and everyone within the room became a foot shorter in an instant. Azlat too took a knee, but after a second to observe the person in front of her and ensure she got this custom right. Her draconic eyes gave the newly minted Queen their full attention, and her lips gave a slight smile when the lengths she had travelled were mentioned. She had never travelled so far before, and her adventure required both effort and bravery. To have it acknowledged warmed her heart, even if she was still not entirely sure if she was among friend or foe.

Then they started smacking their hands together, and not wanting to look stranger than she had, Azlat joined suit.

These strangers she had met were kind, and Azlat truly hoped they were the former. They must be.

These folk could not possibly have anything to do with those who had stormed Thagretis. Softened by the pleasantries and festivities, Azlat was beginning to let her guard down. Maintaining it had been and effort, and the relaxing atmosphere and friendly locals were an encouragement to let it go. The opportunity to relax and simply enjoy herself was difficult to resist, until those present began to organize themselves and broke into dance.

Dancers moved about, and soon there were many paired up. Another common custom, but she'd never seen the northerners dance, and the style in which they did had her full attention. Completely different to what she had known, Azlat hadn't a clue how to move as they did. The step and rhythim was unfamiliar, and the style of music completely unheard of for her Thagretan ears. Curious, and a touch confused, Azlat ate another slice of cheese and watched the graceful movements of those on the dance floor.

Last edited:
Not even a second in, the Duke had nearly sealed his fate. As hand touched sword, the Duke would feel the steel of Valdr's gauntlet slap across his face as he removed the garment. "The next time you wish to threaten a lord, you should do so only if you have the will to follow through." Valdr then tossed the man a handkerchief for the forming blood at his lips. Gold eyes narrowed and his next words were cut off by the voice of the chamberlain.

He would kneel as the Queen gave her speech, pulling his gauntlet back on as he did so. If the Duke struck while they were kneeling, he would forever be labeled a coward. Upon the completion of her speech, he would rise to his feet one fist pounding against his chestplate. "Threats are meaningless. Try to do something more than bleed all over yourself. Keep the token, you may need it." He then turned, exposing his back as if to dare the Duke, his hand resting on the hilt of a dagger.

He wouldn't make it far as he was stopped by the man who had bumped into him earlier. "You again." He would say gently, before he looked back to the Duke. "I have slain eels with thicker spines." He mused to the younger looking gentleman. "He is amongst those who live for the title and not the expectation." He would shrug at the suggestion. "I would rather cross blades with him and be done with it. But I suppose you mean vying for the affections of the Queen?" He smirked. "I was planning to. You should approach her before myself, I must find another scoundrel to deal with."

Jacob Ford Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Azlat Ushus

Last edited:
The taste of blood in Quintons mouth was immediate. Wiping it away with the back of his hand he waited for Esmerelda to finish speaking then headed for the bathroom to wash his face. "He is going to regret this," Quinton mumbled to himself.
Once he had cleaned himself up he made his way to where Esmerleda sat and he bowed then extended his rough, callaoused hand, "Your Majesty, will you honour me with a dance?"

Moment before Esmerelda began to speak she did notice a small scene unfold within the crowd but was not to certain as to what had accoured, she would most likely hear about it in the morning.

The Princess looked over the ballroom, watching with delight as her guests enjoyed her self but her mind tended to wonder elsewhere.

Before she knew it Quinton had disrupted her thoughts and had asked her for a dance, Esmerelda put on a fake smile and stood from her throne, taking his hand. "It would be my pleasure."
He led her to the center of the dance floor and the pair bowed and curtsied to one another before they took each others hands and began dancing.

The song felt like it was going on for ages, finally it came to an end and Esmerelda was clearly relieved and immediatly vanished from the Dukes side, beginning to mingle with her other guests.

Quinton pressed his luck, and received Rangvaldr’s metal gauntlet across his face as his reward for doing so. Azlat responded with an amused smirk, sipping on her wine as she observed the blow. After everyone had kneeled, Quinton rose with a streak of crimson blood leaking from the corner of his lip, much to her amusement.

On Quinton’ return, he requested a dance from Queen Esmerelda. Azlat had known he approached the Queen, but distracted by concerns for her own safety, she had neither seen nor heard that interaction between the two. To Azlat’s surprise, Esmerelda accepted. She hadn’t the slightest clue what Esmerelda saw in him, he was uncouth and rude. He honestly wasn’t even all that attractive, and given the humiliation his arrogant attitude had bit he didn’t even seem like much of a warrior.

A closer look at the two while they danced together shared a dance revealed the answer. Esmerelda saw nothing. She moved about with all the enthusiasm of a girl who didn’t want to dance, no doubt appeasing him out of a desire to avoid conflict, much as she had with that persistent boor Rang had chased away. Azlat supposed the Queen was required to accept, yet doubted that this detail was apparent to Quinton. He seemed full of himself. Further still, he seemed daft enough to believe himself desirable.

A delusion Quinton shared with that man who wouldn’t leave her alone earlier. Azlat caught sight of the man yet again, standing on the opposite side of the dance floor with his eyes on her. She shot him a glare, and his gaze turned to Rangvaldr – soon after, the man turned around and his feet took him away. Azlat was grateful she’d not have to deal with him.

A shame the Queen had to contend with her problem. With such youth, beauty, and social stature, Azlat supposed that such boy problems were inevitable. Hopefully, she could find the right one.

Last edited:
Watching the Queen dancing with the Duke was rather nauseating for Jacob...
Although his attention was not fully directed to them, he picked up a certain air of discofort from the Queen.
With a puzzled face, he focused his senses on the two moving individuals... Righly so, the Queen was in absolute discomfort. Her body gave off hormones indicating disgust and contempt.
Looking over at the end of the room, he spotted her council members, old hogs in Jacob's opinion, staring at the pair dancing with eyes of approval..

So that's why she is dancing with that pig... She's under pressure.
Well... It's been a while since I had fun.

A sly smile flashed across Jacob's lips as he looked a the duke.

Oh so many ideas come to mind as he thinks of ways to take down the Duke.

Finally the dance comes to an end, and the queen quickly leaves the Duke after a polite bow.

Downing the last of his wine, he places the drinking vessel on a table and makes his way through the crowd and towards the queen.
Arriving by her side, he clears his throat, then with a light bow and extended hand, he asked the queen to a dance.
"Would her magesty care to dance?"...

While the lines formed for those wishing to dance with the Queen, Valdr would step away from Jacob and found his way to the cheese table. "M'lady Priestess, you must really love the cheese." He mused with a light smile as he grabbed a plate and helped himself to several small slices of the various cheeses.

His gaze would wander until his eyes fell upon the man who had hounded the Priestess. He seemed to be in a full retreat. "My father had heard of mystical lands to the southeast, though he never was able to see them. I hope to make a pilgrimage there at some point.. fulfill what he could not."

He wouldn't stare at her directly as he tried to remember the customs of her people and adjust accordingly. It had been many years.. and he found himself failing at procuring the right memories.

Azlat Ushus Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Jacob Ford

Last edited:
  • Bless
ould her magesty care to dance?".
Relief was clear when her dance with Quinton came to an end.

Esmerelda took Jacobs hand, "With pleasure." She gave him a warm smile.

As the pair began to dance Esmerelda decided to strike up a conversation, "So Mr Ford, do tell me.." they twirled and then she was facing him again, "What is it that has brought you to Route?"

• Sip
Azlat ate another of the cheese slices she’d had, following it with another sip of her wine to wash it down. She tilted the glass to finish the contents, and soon after another servant arrived with another before Azlat had to even ask. Happy to accept, she took the offered glass with tactful gratitude.

“Thank you.” She said, soon taking a sip from her new glass of wine. It’d been a while since she’d been able to relax with a drink. It was plentiful enough in Thagretis, but raising three children left little inclination nor opportunity for inebriation, until the tragedy had struck. Inclination to drink heightened after that fateful day, but she dared not with her remaining children traumatized and reliant upon her alone to raise them.

At least they were in good hands. Her youngest had been ordained, and his older brother had been accepted into the priesthood. Regardless of what became of Azlat in these lands, their future was secure. Knowing this brought her some small peace of mind. The warm glow the wine provided certainly helped, too. Azlat was distracted by both song and drink when another approached.

"M'lady Priestess, you must really love the cheese."
The words prompted a fast return of attention to her surroundings, and a quick swallow of the morsel in her mouth. A touch embarrassed and caught off guard, Azlat immediately jumped into the response she had prepared for this very inquiry.

“Oh yes, cheese is wonderful.” she responded, blurting out the words with an awkward smile. The response had been far more graceful when rehearsed in her mind, a realization she made immediately upon hearing herself speak. A priestess experienced in social matters, the oddity of her own statement surprised her.

Best to temper that statement with another, and not leave that as her sole response.

“…Routian cheese is remarkably delectable.” She added, wishing that she’d simply opened with that reply to begin with. He too sampled some of the same cheese she had been snacking on, easing her mind from the perceived social flub.

"My father had heard of mystical lands to the southeast, though he never was able to see them. I hope to make a pilgrimage there at some point.. fulfill what he could not."
He’d heard of Thagretis. Rangvaldr was the first one Azlat had met who did, and the notion sent a chill through her soul. A pleasant and polite gentleman, Azlat still held little trust within the northerners. She had only known the city to be visited once, and still had nightmares about the fateful event. His demeanor implied no hostility, which was a far cry from the extremely hostile interlopers she’d seen

But his words of conclusion were a shock to her.

Complexion paled and motions stilled as she processed what she had just heard. In Azlat’s mind, the sentence sounded akin to a threat given the results of the last visit outsiders had made. She wasn’t about to jump to conclusions. Rangvaldr had not shown any hostility.

But then again, neither did the interlopers at first.

“Are…is there connection between Vel Anir and Amol-Kalit?” Azlat asked after a pause, her tone and expression distraught despite her efforts to remain stoic. He hardly looked like he was, the style of his armor entirely foreign to that of the armies the priests of Thagretis had scried. He’d heard him mention ‘Vel Anir’, but her geographic knowledge of this new world was still sparse.

As far as she knew, Amol-Kalit was among several kingdoms best regarded with caution.

Last edited:
Valdr couldn't help the smile that answered the priestesses response. "Yes indeed. It is delectable. I must say, I've never had it before this." He would sense her embarrassment at he first remark and so deigned the corrective statement the one to respond to.

What caught him more, however, was her reaction to his words on her Homeland. Was it fear? Pain? Something about those words haunted her, so he would quickly attempt to remedy that. "My father loved to travel. He's.. been gone for some time.. i feel closer to him when I travel where he has been.. he was a Lord and a Knight, but above all else, he was a traveler, a champion of the people." He hoped those words would find a way to settle her. He felt worlds away from his own people and so he could understand perhaps her trepidation around outsiders, something he wished to soothe.

Amol-Kalit. She must have had something against them. His face almost strained to hide the disgust associated with the name. "No, Priestess. They lie to the west of Vel Anir and are a threat to our existence. Our city lies on the border of the Falwood. I think their people to be little better than murderers and vagabonds. Though for my people, Dreadlord doesn't exactly sound like that nice of a title." He laughed.

"In truth, I seek lands that don't hold such threats for my people. Fields can be re-sown, castles rebuilt, but each person under my protection is unique. They cannot be remade or replaced." He would pause to take a sip of water from his goblet.

He would then set the cup down and lift a tray with cheeses he hadn't seen her taste yet and offer it to her. "Priestess, for as long as you are in my company, you are under my protection."

Relief was clear when her dance with Quinton came to an end.

Esmerelda took Jacobs hand, "With pleasure." She gave him a warm smile.

As the pair began to dance Esmerelda decided to strike up a conversation, "So Mr Ford, do tell me.." they twirled and then she was facing him again, "What is it that has brought you to Route?"
With grace, the undead young master twirld the queen around the dance floor.

The yound master was rather a fluent in the art of dance... As this was one of his many lessons taught to him as a young master though the runt of the family.

After a few moments of silence, the queen asked Jacob a difficult question... Difficult in the sense that he wasn't in Route for the Queen's birthday and coronation.

Finally though, he answers the queen...
"Please your majesty, call me Jacob. My appearance here at your party was not out of intention." He was going to tell her the truth..
Lying was not a pleasant subject for Jacob. He hated it
"Literally.. " He paused for a while and looked to the ceiling as if in shallow thought before continuing "... 30 hours ago, I awoke from a 5 year nap, and have been traveling since." He twirld the queen around again.

"It's been years since I had a decent bed to lay my head. Plus I have been traveling since I awoke, so naturally I am tired. As such, I came to Route seeking a place to rest."

A thought crossed Jacob's mind. He hadn't actually rested yet. He'd been so caught up in the festivities.
Just as he twirld the queen around again, he pulled her in and with that, her fresh fragrance hit him hard. His heightened sense of smell wasn't doing him good at this point.
He hadn't rested and he hadn't fed properly and with a fair maiden just mear inches away from him, her intoxicating aroma was all too tempting for him.

All he could hear was her beating heart, pushing the delicious crimson colored liquid through her veins.
His cornea change from the usual clear white to frightening red, and multiple mini veins crouded around his eyes. His vampire side was taking over.
With a quick movement, Jacob closed his eyes and pulled back immediately, suppressing his urge to feed.

"Forgive me your magesty, i must leave you half way through the dance. I'am afraid the monster in me might be your end."
Still with his head down, and eyes closed tightly, he takes in short breaths in order to calm himself.

Finally, the veins disappear, and his whites return to their natural color as he looks at the queen with a face that was screaming apologies. With a slight bow, Jacob retreats backwards till he disappears into the crowd...

Phew! That was close... He thought to himself as he made his way out of the large ball room and to the balcony outside...

, the veins disappear, and his whites return to their natural color as he looks at the queen with a face that was screaming apologies. With a slight bow, Jacob retreats backwards till he disappears into the crowd..
"Jacob I-" Esmerleda was taken aback. Firstly, she felt bad that he was not able to rest yet. Secondly...a monster? It pained her that he would refer to himself as that. She had encountered a monster or four in her life time and he had not even come close. Esmerleda hated the fact though that the sudden change in Jacobs eyes did frighten her.
His sudden exit did have her skimming through the crowds in search of him. She wanted to comfort him, tell him he was not a monster but there she stood, in the middle of the ballroom with couples dancing around her.

She regained her composure after a couple seconds and made her way over to one of the noble houses of Route, Lord Edenbru and Lady Willow, striking up a conversation with them.
But her mind still wondered to Jacob Ford and what exactly this "monster within" he was referring to and whether or not he was alright.

Her discomfort appeared to be noted, as he continued without needing a prompt from her. Azlat listened in, he spoke of his father as a good man, but ‘good’ is an objective trait. Whomever they were, they did not worship her god, not follow the righteous principles laid out by Him. They saw Drakormir not for the holy force he was, but as a catastrophe. Nor did they view the lives he had taken as valiant sacrifice, but as menacing butchery.

But he is a god. People murder, gods exert their will. Drakormir had to feast, their lives had been selected for a greater purpose.
"My father loved to travel. He's.. been gone for some time.. i feel closer to him when I travel where he has been.. he was a Lord and a Knight, but above all else, he was a traveler, a champion of the people."

Twisted by devotion to Thagretan religious scruples, Rangvaldr’s continued explanation did little to ease her. She didn’t doubt that Rangvaldr’s father was good by his standards. But whether he was good by hers remained to be seen. She hoped he was, the man was good company and she’d be disappointed if it turned out that he was actually a threat.

But she had to know. She needed to pose that question to him. His answer was comforting, and tension left her.

"No, Priestess. They lie to the west of Vel Anir and are a threat to our existence. Our city lies on the border of the Falwood. I think their people to be little better than murderers and vagabonds. Though for my people, Dreadlord doesn't exactly sound like that nice of a title." He laughed.

"In truth, I seek lands that don't hold such threats for my people. Fields can be re-sown, castles rebuilt, but each person under my protection is unique. They cannot be remade or replaced."
Elated to hear him speak of those she hated with such scathing words, she tilted her glass to her smiling lips before making her reply.

“A m̷͘en̴͡͡ace͏ to many. Vile and p̢̕͡utr͘̕͏ìd, the lo͘t̀ ̨of th̴̨e̴͜m.́” she uttered, motivated and energized by the hateful rhetoric spewed forth by Rangvaldr. Hers were not the only lands they assailed with their barbarism, and that it was so was hardly a surprise. He spoke further truth about the irreplaceability of people. Those she had lost could never be replaced, and the hole their absence left in her heart had been filled with vengeful spite towards those held responsible.

"Priestess, for as long as you are in my company, you are under my protection."
“Well, I’m glad for that.” she replied warmly. He looked and acted more than capable of it, and she could only imagine of the exploits he might have made in battle against them. He was youthful, but he wasn’t all that young. He was graceful in tact, and rather appealing to the eye – draconic or not.

“Tell me, have you slain any? How many?” she asked, eager to be regaled by tales of violence against their shared enemies, and happily accepting another slice of cheese now that she had finished hers

“My name is Azlat, by the w͡ay.” she added, resting a hand on the table behind her. With a final sip, she finished her wine and awaited his reply.

Last edited:
It had been about 15mins since Jacob went outside. He decided that he should look for a quick snack first before actually getting a proper blood meal. As such, he had dashed out into the near by greenery by the palace to fetch for rabbit, or groundhog or something, just to hold his appetite for a little longer.

Although he usually only had to feed on blood once in a while due to the fact that his hybrid nature allowed him to also eat human food, he had woken up from a five year hibernation... He needed blood to bring him back to full strength first.

After draining a few rabbits he found, he jumped back up the balcony using his hybrid powers. Using a napkin, he wiped his mouth clean and walked back into the ballroom.

Spotting the Queen, he felt uncomfortable with the thought of returning to her after the little situation. However, he thought it wise to stick close to her... Jacob felt trouble brewing in the air. And with that, a sudden urge to protect the queen...

The Priestess seemed to relax, then get excited by his response of Amol-Kalit. Now she wished to know his body count, something he had long since lost track of. He never reveled in the killing as he was sure some were only ever following the orders of worse people. "As many that have tried to kill me. I kill all I need to, but no more."

She then graced him with her name, Azlat. He would bow his head in respect, but thought it best to forget the rest of his peoples pleasantries, as they may have been disrespectful in her culture. "Then we are well met, Lady Azlat. I am Lord Rangvaldr of House of Tal'deneshaar, knight of Vel Anir."

There was something haunting about her eyes. He had heard of cultures being interbred or some even being blessed by their gods, or pacted through magic. Whatever the story of her people was, religion was clearly at the heart of it and meant to be respected. "I must take a short leave to anger a Duke by dancing with a Queen." He would say with a mischievous smile. "..but, I would love to swap tales of our homeland and adventures, before you depart these lands." He would say with another respectful bow of his head. He would then wait for her response before moving to find the Queen.

Making his way to the Queen, he would approach and wait in her line of sight, waiting for her to address him as she finished her discussion with the Lord and Lady. When she did finally notice him, he would offer an apologetic look to the pair she had been talking to and extended a hand to her. "My Queen, if you would honor both my request for a dance as well as a spot as one of your suitors." His golden eyes would remain fixed on hers and his tone was respectful.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Azlat Ushus Jacob Ford

Last edited:
... Jacob felt trouble brewing in the air. And with that, a sudden urge to protect the queen...
"Sir," a servent approuched Jacob and gave him a slight curtsey. "Her Majesty has sent for me to find you and see if you are in need of anything and if you wish for me to escort you to your rooms in order to get some rest." The girl curtsied once again, awaiting his response.
"My Queen, if you would honor both my request for a dance as well as a spot as one of your suitors." His golden eyes would remain fixed on hers and his tone was respectful
"Lord Rangvaldr," she took his hand and excused herself from her previous conversation. "I was wondering when you planed to grace me with your presence," he lead her to the dance floor. "I hope you feel rather special as this is the last dance this evening before I become Queen."

The band began playing a rather upbeat song, not the type of music common to Routien ears, not they they did not enjoy such music, their own folk music was quite the hop and skip dance kind itself...but this, this was more... dramatic.
Esmerelda felt Valdrs grasp tighten and a look of surprise crossed her face, completely unprepared for what was to follow.

Mingling about at one of the tables, Jacob was nibbling on some chicken legs.
"Sir," a servent approuched Jacob and gave him a slight curtsey. "Her Majesty has sent for me to find you and see if you are in need of anything and if you wish for me to escort you to your rooms in order to get some rest." The girl curtsied once again, awaiting his response.
Jacob tenced up a little when the servant girl address him on behalf of the princess...

"Well I'd like to see her highness first before retreating for a rest." He put down the plate and walked past the servant in a gentle motion.

Just then, the band began playing a rather up beat tune. Jacob halted in his tracks as he saw the princess dancing with Sir Valdr. Twisting his brows for a bit, Jacob decides to talk to the princess after the dance. Turning back to the servant,
"I'll find you when I need to find my room. You may go."

In the mean time, Jacob decided to talk to the priestess Azlat. Her eyes were a piqued his interest. He knew she was probably a creature of more than one type, just like him... He wanted to find out more.

He scanned the room for the priestess. Spotting her by a table, he walks over and greets with a light bow. "Do pardon my intrusion, but I'd like to ask... What sort of creature are you?"...

"As many that have tried to kill me. I kill all I need to, but no more."
His answer was that he had slain all he had needed to. Which, no, did not imply a total and complete dedication to their eradication, to her chagrin. Rangvaldr tempered his response with the claim that he had only slain those who had accosted him – which she assumed was many. Still, he spoke of multiples, and that he had killed more than one elated her.

"Then we are well met, Lady Azlat. I am Lord Rangvaldr of House of Tal'deneshaar, knight of Vel Anir."
“Quite we͝ll, Sir Rangvaldr.” She replied, returning the bow once she had noticed the gesture from him. Northern cordiality was foreign to her, but she didn't want to risk coming across as uncouth or dismissive. Not to her present company, anyhow.

"I must take a short leave to anger a Duke by dancing with a Queen." He would say with a mischievous smile. "..but, I would love to swap tales of our homeland and adventures, before you depart these lands."
He responded, amusing her by his stated motivations. That the Queen had been dealing with the advances of a pest too did not escape Azlat's notice, and this one looked more difficult to deal with than her own had been. Hopefully this noble Vel Anirian warrior could aid the Queen with this problem as he had aided Azlat with hers.

“Hah! Oh, I know you'll upstage him.” She replied with a grin and a short laugh of amusement at his perceived jealously. Quinton seemed awfully full of himself, and she couldn't deny the entertainment his jealously might provide.

“And agreed, I would love to hear more, once her highness and yourself have had this dance.” She added, looking over to watch the two of them begin to dance, and was shortly thereafter approached by another.

"Do pardon my intrusion, but I'd like to ask... What sort of creature are you?"

“I am no creat͠ur͜e.” Azlat responded, not particularly caring for the term 'creature'. But her eyes were a feature hitherto unseen in these lands, and this man had been tactful in his approach.She doubted he truly meant much offence. What might be an insult to her might be customary in these strange lands, for all she knew. Besides, she'd addressed the northerners as animals herself, plenty.

“I am human, really. But also blessed with the b͞lǫo͜d̀ of the descenda͞n̛ts of our god, the Holy Elder Dragon.She expanded, returning his honest inquiry with honest answer. Initially, she had been quite reserved about it but the warm welcome she had received, along with the Queen's approval, was comforting.

The fine wine ceartainly helped, too.

Last edited:
Valdr would take her hand and kiss her fingertips as if to thank her for the dance. When he spoke, he couldn't help the accompanying grin. "I will caution a guess that you had hoped I would come for one. Indeed I do know it is an honor."

When the music began to shift, he would lean close. "A song of my people, to be joined with a dance of them. Try to keep up, my Queen." He would tease lightly, as if issuing a challenge.

She seemed instantly caught off guard as one hand snaked around her upper back and pulled her close, resting between her shoulder blades, and allowing her arm to rest atop his and rest on his shoulder. His other hand would take her hand and he would guide her along a small swath of the dance floor, maintaining at least one point of contact between them the entire time.

It may also come to a surprise to her that he was able to still move quite gracefully in his heavy armor and every shift of his body was done with her comfort in mind. When he dipped her, his hand would glide to her lower back and their midsections would remain pressed against each other. Throughout the whole of the dance, his eyes would remain fixed on hers and if she every stepped on his boot as she learned the new steps and movements, she would be rewarded with a smile.

As quickly as the dance begun, as quickly so too, would it end. In the final beats of the song, his forehead would press against hers before he spun her out and away from him, his boot stomping on the stone floor in unison with the last note. Another grin and he would kiss her hand. "I stand corrected, my Queen. You're a natural."

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux Azlat Ushus Jacob Ford

Quinton watched enviously as the princess danced with Valdr, a scowl prodominet and constant on his face.
He turned to one of his friends who were close by, "Who exactly does this foreigner think he is? Holding my Princess in such a way?" His friend mumbled in agreement. Quinton was not impressed. "Hold my drink." He grumbled, it clear in his voice his blood was beginning to boil
As he was about to approach Esmerelda for a dance himself he saw her being led off of the ballroom by one of the Elders on the council. "Dammit!" He growled and grabbed his goblet back from his companion. Very well, he thought to himself. I shall have have the first dance with her as queen. MY Queen.