A roleplay open for anyone to join

Geladryx

The Emerald Death
Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

Eastern Sayve River
Outskirts of the Spine, near the border of the Allir Reach

The Uz Moddad had come to the banks of the river. The Orcs numbered at least two-score, herding captives from various raids conducted in the Spine and the outskirts of the Allir Reach where the Orcs had ambushed caravans of settlers bound for different locations.

Armed with cruel looking pikes, swords, axes, etc the Orc's pressed their captives towards the banks of the river. Many of them were human, other races were present though and tethered together by rope which ensured escape would be difficult unless one wished to attempt dragging their companions along. Another complication were the Orc's with bows, though fewer in number it was certainly assured they would bring down anyone who ran.

As they ceased their movement the largest of the Orcs emerged. A massive figure with ashen gray skin, Yroh the Bloodletter was the chieftain of his people. Among the Uz Moddad Yroh was was a brutal figure, known for his strength in battle and the large axe he often used to cleave into the bodies of his foes.

There was rumbling among the ranks as they waited on the banks of the river. Yroh remained silent, standing tall with his axe clutched in his right hand as he waited. Eventually all that came to an end.

A shadow would blanket the land from overhead. The Dragon descended from above to a patch of earth where it sat down, shaking its head back and forth after it did so and folding its wings back against either side of its enormous frame. On all fours it prowled closer to the riverbank, clawed feet tearing up the earth beneath them.

"Most of the captives survived. A few died on the way."

...Yroh said as he turned his head towards Geladryx, the Green Dragon. In response the Dragon swung his head around, the dark pupils of his eyes fixating on the Orc amidst rows of razor sharp teeth in what could be construed as a grinning expression...

Did they?

...it was clear the Dragon understood the brutality of his subordinates, these Orcs would kill those who feel behind or for sport. In a very real sense the Uz Moddad were closer to degenerates among their people when one considered the heights Orcish culture had evolved to in cases. No matter though, they performed their roles well.

Lets begin. Bring forth the first.

At that Yroh looked back towards the Orcs and the first captive was pressed forward. A Woman of middle age, she was pressed towards the banks of the river and forced onto her knees. Yroh, clutching his axe would raise it above his hands in both hands and then as the woman was forced to bow her head she was unceremoniously decapitated.

Frills that spread down over the dragons neck flexed in response. Geladryx, resting back on his haunches would inhale and his eyes began to dim. Inhaling through his nostrils. The Dragon could feel it, the spirit leaving the body of the deceased and pulling from across the veil he'd breath it. Every essence of the dead he consumed meant less of a price he would soon have to pay.

• Orc
Reactions: Fain
Khurash watched the blood gush out from the headless corpse and pool around her body in a growing, scarlet puddle that muddied the soil.

He looked from the body to the great, green dragon. A being so vast he dwarfed houses and trees with his long shadow.

So. This was Geladryx, Serpent of the Spine. Khurash had never beheld a dragon so close before. He stank of power. The Orc’s lips compressed as he watched the slaughter go on.

For what purpose?

Where was the honor in this?

• Orc
Reactions: Geladryx
The Slaughter continued. Men, Women it did not matter to these Orcs. Perhaps that is where Khurash and they differed? The Uz Moddad were savages in many cases but to what end?

Every death seemed to thrill the Dragon. Every time a body fell and a pool of crimson began feeding the earth his chest breath as he inhaled. He was drinking in the spirits of the deceased, using them to power his magic.

Claws flexed over the soil of the riverbank ripping themselves across the earth and digging down deep. The Frills on his neck rose and fell, pulsating slightly. Finally Geladryx moved closer to the river.

An Age ago it is said King Grichen campaigned across the land, expanding the domain of man and pressing the Orc back into the wilds.

As he spoke the Dragon took its foremost right foot and dipped a claw into the river before speaking in tongues.

Gixustrat hesjing edar!

None of the Orcs likely understood him, Geladryx spoke in a draconic dialect which roughly translated into -To disembowel the water and earth- as a way to begin conjuring the effects of the spell he was summoning. He'd swirl the claw he had dipped into the water of the Sayve River slowly, counter clockwise.

The Ritual had begun, the Dragon's eyes flash an almost pustular orange and he seemed to shiver once. His chest swelled and then Geladryx opened his maw wide, dozens of teeth gleaming inside of it like rows of knives and he expelled a countless number of small moth like creatures. Necrotic energy given form, disintegrating quickly after touching the air. Dead souls used to power dark magic.

You shall reclaim the earth between Alliria and Belgrath, choke off the Gold Road and create a new domain!

Many of the Orcs responded with raucous cheers. The Dragon clearly had aspirations though there was danger of both Alliria and Belgrath turning their attention towards any disruption of trade or a threat. One had to wonder if Geladryx wasn't playing some of those following him to his own ends.

Palmyra watched as every head rolled. The people she knew yet didn't, yet all had names, all had life. These creatures, these orcs, did not care. Humans were merely bugs to them it seemed, pests like little ants. Slowly she grew closer in the line; death tickling her skin like a child playing with pussy willows. It was nearly her turn it seemed, she'd nearly meet her demise.

Inhaling sharply she put on a smile, one of hope. Dying here, in a gruesome manner was still better than home. The line slowed as the serpent, the one in control of the situation made way to speak. She didn't understand what it was he said or willed as cheers soon erupted around her. Palmyra's body naturally curled in as she cringed as if she was trying to escape the loudness. It seemed she had a few moments left, at least she was to enjoy it surrounded by celebration. A death swift and painless was all a woman could ask for.

Shrunken and feeling like a child amongst people far larger than her, she kept her smile painted upon her face. Her teeth showing and eyes crinkled in sheer happiness, her optimism spreading about her entire body. Her peridot coloured eyes caught the expression of what appeared to be a seasoned warrior, she allowed her body to hum and calm down as she dug through the slew of auras buzzing around her like bees until she seemingly found his. Her eyes fell a tad, it didn't not seem he enjoyed the killings as much as the rest. Peculiar.

Last edited:
  • Sip
Reactions: Geladryx
"perhaps its a god"

my second in command muttered quietly as me and our medic watched with him from the safety of the trees and grass, i sniffed. even from our perch i good distance away i could smell the stench, not the orcs but the pure power forming around this creature. it was powerful, it reminded me of the soul rituals my people use to further our mages ability to manifest magic in times of war.

this beast was different.

"no its not a god, rather a demon of the light" my medic whispered sheepishly.

i had no comment we wernt even supposed to be here. we were simply passing by when a horde of creatures decided to descend on our position this thick outcropping of trees was the only place we could hide.

"pray to the dark lords that we not attract any attention.

i said this assumingly but we all knew that large lionmen in the sparse trees here must be noticed eventually. the only way out was across a field in full view of the strange winged beast that sat not 90 yards from our hiding spot

While the Orcs cheered the Dragon continued swirling a claw in the water of the river. The claw turned over itself, circling backwards in a continuous fashion with Geladryx focused. As the cheers died down they were replaced by the sound of another sacrifice being executed, head lopped off by the axe of Yroh the Bloodletter. Another captive was brought forth without hesitation following the execution.

The Dragon continued swirling his finger then it happened. The water of the Sayve started to blacken as it spread away from the claw he had dipped into it. Instilled with entropy from the necrotic energy that Geladryx was channeling via the souls of the deceased he subsequently devoured to power his ritual the water was turning fetid, malignant. Upon noticing this the Dragons maw grew wider, almost as though he were conveying a contented expression.

Let this water that feeds the earth now poison it. Crops will wither and die, sickness will spread.

Insofar as the ritual was concerned it would last longer than a ten day, the river was long and would cleanse itself before long however the dark magic distilling itself through the waters was an ill omen, a beginning rather than an end.

As the next captive, Palmyra Creze was pressed forward the large Orc, Yroh would have reached to take her by the shoulder and force her onto her knees before preparing to raise his axe. The grass stretching out ahead of Palmyra was already stained crimson with blood from the dead, it created a grim picture of what came next. Surely the woman might not have felt a spike of dread if she knew how death was not the end, that her soul would be devoured by the dragon and used to fuel his foul magic.

The Axe raised but never fell.

No, not that one.

The Dragon had craned its enormous head, the frills stretching down over its neck flexed and it lowered its maw level with the woman. Exhaling, a burst of pungent air expelled itself from the Dragon's nostril across Palmyra. Pupils fixated on her, Geladryx was assessing her carefully.

So young and exotic, such lovely eyes.

Geladryx voice was low and resounding, it carried a serpentine note that poured into the ears of those listening to it almost hypnotically but the dragon was not renowned for the power to entrance. As his attentions poured over her the dragons maw opened slowly, a large tongue slithering outwards damp and sticky with mucosa. Pressing his tongue against Palmyra he'd let it slither against the linen of her attire and the contours of her flesh beneath, leaving a sticky trail in its wake.

Perhaps you can still serve a purpose.

The Dragons head raised then, he towered over her as he did all of the Orc's though in his shadow she may have felt even smaller than the barbaric warriors in his service. Nostrils flared again, the claws of his forelimbs flexed and dug large ruts into the earth and Geladryx turned his head. A Dragon's senses extended beyond the normal spectrum allotted to most other species, many had almost perfect vision during day and night, they had excellent hearing and they could smell for miles in many cases. Looking towards the treeline Geladryx hissed out an almost excited comment.

Observers.

Khurash Lieutenant Shko

my hair stood on end, my brethren felt it too and i could see them stiffen.

"sir i suggest retreat"

i growl, annoyed. its been one issue after another since we came to the mainland's.

"where might you suggest we run to? we have been spotted. stand your ground and wait perhaps it wont have much taste for lion"

my medic nervously fiddled with his herbs and potions getting ready for casualties. my second in command tightly grips his sword ready to draw.

i could feel the tension in the air, we dare not turn our backs to this place for if we do i fear only death will befall us

• Bless
Reactions: Palmyra Creze