Fable - Ask Tiger and Bunny

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Kalix

has rabies maybe
Character Biography
Link
OUT OF MY WAY EXTRAS, TOUGH GUY COMING THROUGH!

Everyone knew by now that when one was in the hallway and Kalix was also in the hallway that they either moved or would be knocked down. Many moved out of the rambunctious initiate’s way as he furiously stormed through the hall, a feverish look in his gold eyes. He was clearly searching for something, but for what exactly, no one could tell nor did they care (or dare) to ask. Because the truest thing about Kalix was that he was entirely eccentric.

It meant that he’d either appreciate someone trying to help him search for whatever he was looking for or he’d take complete and total offense towards it and would punish them for trying to bother him.

ANYONE SEE PERCI?!” He hollered as he came out of a empty classroom and slammed the door shut behind him, seemingly shaking the wall.

“Initiate Kalix, behave before I make you behave.” Proctor Palahniuk hissed at the raven-haired man, giving him a withering look that for a moment did cause Kalix to shrink back in his presence. “Instead of making a racket perhaps you should instead study for tomorrow’s test on the Complexities of Fehu, Ingwaz, Wunjo and Gyfu in Modern Runology and Alchemical Applications for Temporal and Redirection Magic of—“

That’s why I’m trying to find Perci!” Kalix interjected. What the heck was that test title? Kalix couldn’t remember anything past the word “the!”

“Have you maybe thought about looking in the library?” Proctor P said sourly. “For interruption I hope you’re ready to write a essay this weekend on why the proctors of this academy still deserve respect.” And with that the proctor spun on his heel, heading far, far away from Kalix who looked at him disgruntled. Why in the name of Kress would Perci be in the library?

• Smug
Reactions: Oraya Urahil
She wasn't in the library.

Perci was in the training room.

She'd taken on the skin of steel after she'd touched a sword. And there were several younger students trying very eagerly to stab her with their real swords. No practice swords for this group. At least with her they didn't need it if they managed to get a stab or slice in. It just skidded across her metallic skin.

Still, she managed to sweat as she parried blow after blow.

Though she had a curvy and tall form, she just knew how to move.

All the things she was supposed to be studying remained in her discarded back by the benches of the training gym. Where she would be satisfied if they stayed. Back where Kalix was, a little blue jay suddenly changed into a blond-haired curly initiate.

"Hey," he squeaked. "Perci is in the training room." It was clear the kid was scared of Kalix as he suddenly changed into a bird and flapped away.

• Dwarf
Reactions: Kalix
Kalix was debating to maybe go and check in the library. Because maybe Proctor Palahniuk was right? But when was that guy ever right? He dumbly looked down in the direction that he thought the library might be in but wasn’t sure. Not like he spent a lot of time in there if he could help it. Luckily, a little birdie told him exactly where Perseus was. And lo and behold! Kalix was right after all: Perci was not in the library.

Man, he was just such a genius sometimes.

And without further ado, he bolted straight to the training room like a bull charging at a red flag. The moment he was at the training room, he made sure his presence was known by taking in a great, behemoth of a breath. He held it for a moment deep within his chest before exhaling and letting his voice ring about.

PERCI WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING WITH THESE SHORTIES WHEN YOU COULD BE GIVING ME ATTENTION?!” It was a fair question, at least from Kalix’s point of view. She was either his first or second favorite sparring buddy of all time, depending on factors that were continuously changing.

Perseus

• Dab
Perci stiffened. An initiate got a sword straight into her knee but it scraped across her metal skin.

"Practice is over," she rumbled and the initiates stopped. A few grumbles and mutterings. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she turned to who she considered her brother. Family more than those of her blood.

And a pain in the arse as ever.

"Kal," her tone clipped as her muscular arms crossed beneath her considerable chest. "What did I tell you about shouting?"

• Nervous
Kalix was grinning, seeing the younger initiates mope and put away their swords. He strode past them with his head held up high until he realized that oh— oh no, Perci was displeased with him. He rolled his eyes.

Look, Perci, my inside voice? It’s still loud!” Kalix explained, pouting a bit and mimicking his pseudo-sister, crossed his arms over his chest too. “And I have to get your attention somehow. You know how you get when you’re in the zone.” Without hesitation, Kalix jerked his neck to the left and then to the right, a series of pops could be heard and he sighed softly from momentarily relief.

Besides, we got a problem coming up.” He said, lowering his voice so he appeared to be extra serious. “Have you studied for Proctor P’s test because I sure as Kress’ ass haven’t.” Kalix said before his arms dropping down to his side and resting his hand on his hips. “I don’t know if I can fail another test. I think if I do, Proctor D’Amour won’t even look my way anymore.” He was genuinely worried over this fact, his dark brows falling down low over his eyes as he frowned, looking rather melancholy.

I’d actually like to, I dunno, impress her or something with a good grade.

Perseus

• Orc
A deep sigh left the tip of her nose. Arms uncrossed. With a quick breath, her skin returned to normal, no longer steel. A flip of the fraying braid off her shoulder. Perci was very much like Kalix in that studying and the art of reading wasn't her strongest weapon in her arsenal.

She preferred dancing.

Or fighting.

Or just giving Kalix long-suffering sighs.

"I'm worried about it too," she finally admitted and turned on her heels, headed for the bleachers. She knew Kalix would follow. She sat down with a plop and began digging into her bag, pulling out the tomes. "I fell asleep in the last week's worth of classes," a quiet admittance. Because of her parents financial downfall that was supposed to be kept secret, Perci had had to get a night-job. She barely got any sleep anymore between classes and training.

Hence falling asleep in what she deemed one of the boringest classes in the entire Academy. It was between D'Amour's and Professor Snivelton.

Kalix raised a single brow in mild surprise at Perci’s words. While Kalix could never say that he had never fallen asleep in class, he had done so multiple times, but he had never as so much dared to risk doing it for a whole week straight. In the same class. And really he couldn’t imagine Perci doing something as reckless as that either.

You feeling okay?” He asked, genuinely, taking a seat right next to her and looking over the tomes she had pulled out. He held back a groan and instead sighed. “Man, if only Lys was here. I’m sure he passed Proctor Palahniuk’s class with flying colors. Could never be me.” Kalix mused, thinking back to how more than once he was told he only made it this far because of his magic. And now it seemed when he seriously wanted to do well on a test it was biting him in the butt.

I don’t even know what you do to study. Just read the book?

Perseus

• Haha
Was she feeling okay?

No.

But if she said that she'd have to tell him why and then he'd probably do something she didn't want or need him to do. This was her battle to fight and she could figure out a way not to drown in her family's expectations and ruin. Couldn't she?

She swallowed. A small crack in her usually tough exterior flickering across her face before her expression smoothed over. "Don't sell yourself short," brown-almond eyes snapped to Kalix's face.

"You are smarter than you let on," a playful poke of her finger against his chest. "And I," she scratched at the side of her head. "Have no idea. We don't have time to read all these books by tomorrow."

A muttering, "Maybe I'd be better off signing up to be a recruit and give up on this," hand motioned around them. Then at least she'd get a better paycheck!

• Thoughtful
Kalix grinned playfully at Perci as she jabbed a finger at his chest.

I dunno, can’t be smart and handsome and the strongest initiate here at the same time,” He said. He wasn’t book smart, that much was for certain, but he made up for it in other areas. “I’m good at plenty of other things, like kicking ass. Think that’s more important for a dreadlord to have.” Kalix added but then paused, pursing his lips for a moment. “But I guess now maybe I want to uh… what’s that word called…” he squinted, the word on the tip of his tongue. He gave up and waved his hand absently, “yanno, broaden my horizons or whatever.

He picked up a book and flipped it over to a random page, and sighed. Why did Proctor Palahniuk always pick the tomes that had the smallest text without any pictures?

You’re right, it’ll take us months to get through this.” He then looked over at Perci with a frown. “You can’t give up. We’re gonna graduate this year together, remember? Then we can go and be in the guard with Lysander.” There was a sense of child-like naivety in his voice, the closest thing to innocence that was pure and clean from the usual horrors that resided within Kalix and the other initiates. His next sentence ruined it.

What if… we figured out a way to cheat?” Kalix asked slowly in a hushed whisper.

Perseus

• Devil
Lysander.

The other brother she loved as much as Kalix. One hand shot out and tugged Kalix closer, almond-eyes widening at his suggestion that seemed louder than his whisper actually was. Her strong grip rivaled his own as she yanked him closer by his shirt sleeve and armor.

"Kal. If we get caught cheating we'll be thrown out of the Academy." A harsh whisper even as she thought about it. A quick shake of her head. "It's too much to risk."

A breath as she considered.

"How would we even do it?" By now her nose was nearly pressed against his own.

• Devil
Kalix grinned. He didn’t fight his pseudo-sister as she pulled him in closer.

Thrown out of the academy? Ha! C’mon Perci, they wouldn’t do that. We’d just get punished. Maybe some detention, maybe some extra drills, maybe community service.” Kalix frowned. To him that sounded worse than possibly getting kicked out. “Worse comes to worse they just delay our graduation another year.” Which not might be so bad, at least in Kalix’s case. He had no idea how the final tests would go this year.

If they’re not gonna kill one another then what else would the proctors have them do? See who could give the biggest hug?

Easy. We got two options. One, we copy from the smartest in the class. Two, we find the answers beforehand and then memorize them. At least just enough so we pass.” Kalix was not against getting C’s. If anything, if he got anything higher than a C then that would definitely alert all the proctors that he had cheated.

Perseus

• Thoughtful
She released Kalix but didn't pull away. Brown eyes flitted around them. No one was close or listening. Unless Branden was close by with is invisibility. She doubted it though. It was lunchtime and she knew he hated to miss chickenwing Wednesdays.

"We leave too much up to chance by copying. I say," one more glance around them and a rushed whisper to her brother. "We find and take the answers."

And she imagined he was right. Or so she hoped. She doubted the Academy could afford to kick out students these days with rules of forced conscription gone with the revolution.

Kalix nodded his head. To be fair, copying wouldn’t have done him much good with his poor eyesight. Too many times he would confuse d with b, f with t, and c and o. I and L and T and F tended to be the worst offenders for him, especially when they were in multiple words. Reading and writing were his weakest attributes.

So we sneak into Proctor Palahniuk’s office,” Kalix said eagerly, already getting excited. An adventure! Just like when they were much younger and the punishments weren’t as severe! He finally leaned back from Perci and looked over his shoulder as if he was going to see Proctor P standing in the doorway. No one was there of course.

We’ll have to find out a way to distract him and then will need enough time to find the answers. Gotta put them back before he even misses them.” Kalix frowned. “Too bad neither of us have photographic memory for our magic.” Both their magics were far better suited towards strength and physical might. Not that Kalix would ever trade his magic for something as boring and memorizing whatever you wanted, but it would have been useful now.

Perseus

• Haha
"Yeah or too bad we can't ghost like Chas," Perci muttered. But she nodded along with Kalix's plan. It seemed like the best option. "Too bad I can't just beat up Proctor Palahniuk as a distraction," Perci said a bit forlornly as she stood. A flip of dark hair over her shoulder.

Now that would probably get her expelled. Or just in detention for the rest of her young adult life. Before it probably would've gotten her killed or promoted.

"Any ideas for how we distract him that doesn't involve both of us pummeling his face in?"

Kalix did consider possibly having it so Perseus could go and get into an altercation with Proctor Palahniuk. Of course, that would require besting a proctor. And while nearly every initiate made fun of Proctor P for his incredibly difficult tests with long titles and the fact that he screeched at almost everything, the man was powerful. Ice-magic so powerful that more than once he had frozen an initiate’s blood, causing heart attacks and brain aneurysms. At least before the revolution.

Even if he couldn’t kill the initiates, there was no denying that attacking a proctor would incur considerable consequences. At that rate it would be better to just accept a failing grade on the test.

Well… Proctor P loves his sudoku.” Kalix said slowly. “He also hates being dirty.” A slight frown appear. “What if we ask another student to distract him. And keep him distracted?” The steam as the cogs in Kalix’s mind began to turn could practically be seen coming out between his ears.

Perseus

• Smug
Perseus folded her muscled arms beneath her generous chest. A tap of her foot as she paced in front of Kalix. She wondered if Lysander was here if he'd help them or report them. An inward sigh.

"Becks might be able to. She has the brains if she can get him distracted with a good sudoku game. Not sure how we can keep her from blabbing about it though. Double-crossing us for her own gain." There might've been a revolution but a lot of them were still very much out for themselves.

• Wonder
Kalix took a deep breath so when he sighed it could be extra dramatic.

We can’t just say we’ll kill her if she snitches, can we?” Oh, the dilemma they were facing. Kalix couldn’t understand why the academy couldn’t just let them punch things to oblivion and let the strongest win. Oh, but then Liliana wouldn’t graduate, right? The Lorel woman deserved to graduate in Kalix’s opinion, hardly the strongest initiate he knew, but what she lacked in strength she made up for in…

WWLD! What Would Liliana Do?” Kalix exclaimed, getting hyped up again. And what would Liliana Lorel do? “We get Becks a offer she can’t refuse!” Yes, made sense. Liliana always said many people could be bought. And not necessarily with cash— which was a good thing because Kalix was broke. “Either we get her something she wants or we figure out some dirt on her that she can’t have anyone knowing. Then she’s forced to keep it a secret.

Perseus

• Thoughtful
“Killing would be much easier,” Perci grumbled and pouted. Hand curling into a fist as she banged it against her open palm with a loud smack sound. A huff left her chest as she shifted.

Head tilted toward the arena door. “Let’s go find some dirt. Jackson owes me a favor.” Jackson was Becks’ roommate. Well. The closest to her bunk. If anyone had dirt, Perci imagined it would be Jack.

“Pretty sure he has a crush on you, too, so maybe you can charm him.” It was deadpanned to her brother even though she meant it.

• Smug
Kalix looked over at Perci and grinned at her. He stood up and used a large hand to brush his long black hair off from his face, feline gold eyes with a chatoyant gleam and smirk befitting of any creature that thought themselves to be royalty.

Jackson, yeah? ‘Course he has a crush on me, I’m the hottest guy at this academy.” Sorry Zael, but maybe if he was over six feet then he could have given Kalix a run for his money. “You seen my arms?” He flexed, showcasing the bulge of his biceps. “Or my abs?” He then lifted up his shirt to showcase the six pack he had.

Now come on, let’s go and find Jackson!

Perseus

• Haha
A roll of her large chocolate eyes at her 'brother.' The back of her hand smacked lightly against his chest. "You make me concerned sometimes," she deadpanned. "It's a wonder Lys never killed you growing up." A shake of her head. One hand brushed her braided wiry-hair off one shoulder and to her back as she lumbered out of the training area and toward the stables.

Jackson would most likely be there.

He loved working with animals. No wonder why he had a crush on Kalix. "Come on Mister Muscles, try to keep up." Her own height rivaled his own even if her body was more curvy.

It might have been a light smack to Perci but Kalix felt the power that was behind it. He grinned in response, and playfully rubbed his chest as if it had hurt. Good thing she didn’t do that to someone who was a waife like Chasmine or Liza.

Lys did drop me on my head a few times!” Kalix said, strangely proud of the fact. “Said I was wiggling too much but maybe he was actually trying to kill me, who knows, haha!” He bellowed, following Perci out to the stables.

Not a shock to either of them, Jackson was indeed there, tending to a few of the Friesian, Andalusian, and Percheron horses that were most commonly used for carrying the initiates who wore heavy armor. Like Kalix! Kalix paused, watching Jackson care for their hooves, completely enveloped in his tasks.

So should I say ‘no homo’ now or later?” Kalix whispered over to Perci. Why were his palms feeling sweaty all of a sudden?

Perseus

• Haha
"Kalix," a sharp whisper back to him and an even sharper pop of her elbow into his side. Kalix's mouth was always getting him into trouble and she had to wonder why the things he said made her surprised anymore. Or the inward cringe. Seemed like he needed much more cracks in the side.

Where Kalix failed with his mouth Perci equally failed with subtlety.

A clear of her throat. "Hey Jackson." She strode in full of confidence and brass. "We need some information."

Kalix clutched at his side, sucking in air through his teeth. Okay. That one hurt. It actually prompted from him a irritated golden side eye towards Perci as she then loudly announced why they were there. Jackson, strangely enough, didn’t even jump or look up in surprise at the two initiates approaching him. He stopped his work, and stood up, only to pick up a brush and to clean the horse’s coat.

“I don’t have what you’re looking for,” Jackson said cooly, not meeting their eye. Kalix was stomping after Perci, his natural swagger still there and could be seen despite his hunched over shoulders.

Actually, I think you do. Your roommate Beck has some dirty secrets, don’t they?” Kalix insisted. This time, Jackson’s brown eyes flickered over to Kalix to then quickly looking away, their cheeks becoming flushed with red. “We just need something they don’t want out.

“Like I said,” Jackson continued, this time their voice slightly more high-pitched yet still a breathy, hushed tone was there. Kalix recognized it well. Desire. Well, shit, Perci was right! “I don’t have what you’re looking for.”

Perseus