Completed The War of The Kinniger Duchy

“Doesn’t matter who she is” Kyla said crouching to the left. Tossing her 4” hunting knife catching it by the blade between her first two fingers.

“Told you I smelled elf. Let’s feed her to the dog.” She said with total and absolute seriousness.

“If she’s one of Brynn’s it will take longer than we have to interrogate the truth out of her.” She continued with a shrug to Ebwolf.

“But your the boss..” She said with an annoyed edge entering her level, almost professional tone. Her gaze lingering on the thief.

There was only cold hatred in her eyes.

“Or I’m sure Heike could go for a bite. If your willing to risk it. Don’t know where she’s been.” She said raising an eyebrow at the vampire.

“But judging by her smell I’d say she’s been in the bottom of a perfume bottle for the past decade.” She finished wiping her nose with an irritated sniff.

Suddenly Ferelith sank to her knees. Her hair falling back into its usual style. The ugly black mark obscured once more. The darkness faded from her eyes as they returned to their normal light blue. “She talks...Way too...Much..” She muttered before finally seeming to be allowed to be released into the darkness of her mind.

All of what Heike had seen was intensely disturbing, and left a sickly, hollow feeling in the core of her chest. It was a mistake. It was a grave mistake to bring Ferelith to Bryn, for now she had only been made worse, this new corruption far more baleful than the last. Corruption--it was a more accurate expression of the truth of this terrible matter to say possession. And of this there were but two ways of remedying this vile occurrence.

Containment. Or execution.

And so it was good that Sir Eberwolf--still equipped with the magical rings and summonable bindings--arrived when he did. Ferelith could NOT be trusted at all. And there could be no debate on this. None. Period. She could not be trusted until whatever that thing was which possessed her was definitively expelled. Heike and Kyla had both seen and heard that entity, and it was now incumbent upon them to ensure that it could do no harm. And if Ferelith could not be securely contained...then she would have to be killed. It was a choice most terrible, and damn Bryn for facilitating such a horrific decision, but it was better that one person die than to allow for the possessing entity to visit havoc upon Arethil and untold innocent lives. Heike, as much as it would pain her, would do it herself if need be.

Heike pointed right at Ferelith. Told Eberwolf in an expedient manner, "Bind her. Now. We and all of your men are in immediate danger. She is possessed, and cannot be trusted now."

Damn the world. Ferelith would need to be taken to a cell or dungeon of some kind, and locked within. If the possessing entity could not be expelled in a timely manner, then Ferelith's levied service would be cut short. Left unfinished. It might not even be possible to transport her safely back to Alliria--for all Heike knew she might rot in a dark prison somewhere in the Kinniger Duchy, with nothing able to expel the foul thing which Bryn seeded within her. Damn the world!

Then came an unfamiliar face.

Sir Eberwolf and his hound were immediately upon the newcomer. Heike, meanwhile, kept her attention mostly on Ferelith--who remained unbound, able to spring back to consciousness at any second, and attempt escape. Heike's legs and claws had twitched with anticipation when Ferelith had briefly touched her sister's hand, twitched in preparation to leap into action and...

(execute her)

...do what needed to be done.

Heike made a face of utter disgust when Kyla suggested that she might be willing to "go for a bite." As if simply having to endure the abhorrent thirst brought on by her affliction was not bad enough. But to engage in the vile act recreationally? Absolutely loathsome.

The newcomer was a concern, an unknown, yes, but Heike nevertheless kept the utmost vigilance upon Ferelith. This, at least until Eberwolf could summon those bindings.

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger Kyla Scathach Dayana

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Kyla Scathach
Syvis grinned showing all her teeth as the man's cold blade touched her throat. She slowly looked down to the blade and then lifted her big gray eyes to make eye contact with the man in white.

She tsked then spoke out in a calm natured voice
“Very impolite to hold a blade to a lady’s throat don’t you think sir? I have done nothing to hurt you yet.” She then moved her gaze over to the red haired female, her eyes turning to an icy glare to match her cold tone when she spat out “I belong to no one but myself, not this Brynn you speak of. As for my perfume…” her nose curled. “you most definitely need some mangy mutt.” She spat on the blade below her.

Her left hand was behind her back, yes she could make a grab at the knife in her boot yet it was dangerous. Or she could bounce back and put a knife to the throat of the unconscious girl. Equally dangerous, she didn’t need an uncalculated risk right now. So she slowly moved her hands out in front of her, palms upward.

“Now. I saw a crime of opportunity. You were so damn careless to have let your coin fall, how is that my fault mongrel? I did not actively rob from you, I did not con you, nor did I deceive you. So this evidence compiled, none of this truly is MY fault, I understand being distracted as you likely have fleas one of nature's greatest irritants and so at risk of myself, I give you the coin I walk away and I let your mistake slide. Really a win for you mutt.” She spoke out arrogantly and eloquently. With a tempting grin, Syvis was in no position to speak in such a way, but never let the enemy know they’ve the upper hand. Plus she’d already stuffed a couple coins in her shoe.

She tsked then spoke out in a calm natured voice “Very impolite to hold a blade to a lady’s throat don’t you think sir? I have done nothing to hurt you yet.”

"I hardly think you qualify as lady, thief." He said evenly.

“I belong to no one but myself, not this Brynn you speak of. As for my perfume…” her nose curled. “you most definitely need some mangy mutt.” She spat on the blade below her.

"So you say. Yet it seems your whims own you more than you own yourself. And I must say, for one doing things like subterfuge, perfume is a very bad choice."

“Now. I saw a crime of opportunity. You were so damn careless to have let your coin fall, how is that my fault mongrel? I did not actively rob from you, I did not con you, nor did I deceive you. So this evidence compiled, none of this truly is MY fault, I understand being distracted as you likely have fleas one of nature's greatest irritants and so at risk of myself, I give you the coin I walk away and I let your mistake slide. Really a win for you mutt.”

It was his turn to tsk, "such language is hardly becoming of a lady. Besides, as far as the law is concerned, you are taking something that is not yours, therefore you are a criminal. And my people do not tolerate crime of any kind."

He struck her over the head with his armoured fist, his intention was to leave her off balance and incapable of resistance, or better yet knock her out. Either way, he'd borrow two of Kerberos's collars, and use it to bind the womans hands and elbows, to completely immovilize her arms while she was brought along.

If she were to put up a fight, he'd show her specialty for such things.

• Bless
Reactions: Heike Eisen
Kyla simply took the disgusted look at her question with a nod as if Heike wasn’t disgusted with her comment, but disgusted at the idea of feeding on the thief. “I wouldn’t risk it either. Probably been sleeping on the ground in who knows what.” She said with a slight smirk. It vanished quickly.

As in all honesty Kyla was much like Heike. The new woman’s biting insults barely registered to her ears. She had been called far worse, by far worthier people. Now that it seemed the new threat was under control Kyla’s focus was once more on her restrained sister who sat on the back of Thunder. Laid across his back side like a saddle blanket she hung there quiet and limp. Then noticing Heike watching as well shifted her attention back to this thief.

“Still say we should feed her to the dog...” She muttered darkly.

“Haughty little thief. Bet she looks at her reflection and just gushes over her own face hole.” She glanced at the dog. “Sorry boy. Doesn’t look like you’ll be getting a snack.” She said dropping to one knee and petting and scratching all three heads.

“She’s probably stringy and bony anyway. Doesn’t look like she eats.” She said comfortingly. Waiting for Eberwolf and Heike to be ready to be off.

A common thief, then. Or scavenger, like those who in the manner of carrion birds followed around armies to pick at the spoils left after battles. She would be subject to the laws of the Kinniger Duchy on such matters, and Eberwolf had stepped forward to uphold those very laws.

In the meantime, Heike stayed close by the apparently unconscious Ferelith--though it was difficult to say for certain if that was the case, with that possessing entity within her and its capabilities unknown. Hopefully the shock and takedown rings Eberwolf wore would still prove effective, should their use be required. Furthermore, hopefully the available dungeons within the Duchy would prove sufficient to safely imprison Ferelith, but that would be discussed once back in the army camp.

Kyla had her comments. A punishment too extreme for the crime, but maybe that was the way of the people she and Ferelith hailed from.

"We should make haste," Heike said, mostly as an aside to Kyla given that Eberwolf was preoccupied with the thief at present. "Before that thing within Ferelith stirs and we perhaps find ourselves ill-prepared."

Kyla Scathach Sir Eberwolf Kinniger Dayana

Syvis let out a cackling laugh at the red haired woman’s comments. “Yes, yes, tell me more!” She howled gasping for air. Mid-laugh her face turned serious “Oh.. you were attempting to insult? me?” She started laughing again. Until something heavy lugged her atop her head.

“That hurt.. So rude” she thought falling limp like a rag doll. Now she could hop up again, get herself hit AGAIN or just lay there. So she let her eyes stay closed in familiar darkness and dead weighted. Perhaps she’d learn some information or maybe she wouldn’t see her death coming either way seemed like a win to her.

It took all of her might not to continue giggling at that mutt’s comments. I mean how could that adulterated excuse of a slag have anything to say about her? It was hilarious. She tried to play with the big dogs yet no matter what that woman did, no matter who she wed, she would never be even close to Syvis’ level. Even as a half breed Syvis was better than all of them.

Eberwolf rolled his eyes at Kyla's remarks and berrations against the thief. She appeared to be unconscious as he bound her, so he had no issues with securing her.

“Sorry boy. Doesn’t look like you’ll be getting a snack.” She said dropping to one knee and petting and scratching all three heads.

“She’s probably stringy and bony anyway. Doesn’t look like she eats.” She said comfortingly. Waiting for Eberwolf and Heike to be ready to be off.

"True, besides, Kerberos much prefers nice, juicy vampires don't you?" He said to his dog as he loaded her onto his back.

"We should make haste," Heike said, mostly as an aside to Kyla given that Eberwolf was preoccupied with the thief at present. "Before that thing within Ferelith stirs and we perhaps find ourselves ill-prepared."

"Indeed. Let us be off. We've a long week ahead of us, perhaps longer even than that." He said to them as he walked between his dog and his horse, upon whom sat the two sisters.

Upon returning to the fort he directed a pair of soldiers bring the thief to an unoccupied dog kennel for keeping while they brought Ferelith elsewhere.

He however did stop Heike to speak in private before anything else happened. "You are intent on leaving, I will not stop you. But allow me to give you this warning. Don't let my father catch you. If he does, noone save the one holding the seat of Duke can save you. And I'd rather not invoke the Duel of Succession just to set you free. I recommend you head straight west, it has the least amount of my father's territory to cover before you leave the Duchy. Godspeed Heike."

And with that he returned to the sisters. "I don't think you'll like this Kyla, but there's one person in this fort who might be able to give us some insight on what has befallen your sister."

Once that business was concluded, he went to the thief, and asked. "Who are you? What is your business in these lands? And do you work for anyone?"

• Yay
Reactions: Heike Eisen
“So be it..” Kyla said to the knight. Her tone indicating she did indeed “not like it.” But she instead turned her attention to Heike as the knight departed to question the thief. She waved away the men readying to take her sister.

“I can handle her. If she comes back awake and the bonds can’t hold her my strength may.” She said. In all honesty she wanted to hold her sister close for as long as she could.

“So..” She said glancing at her sister still laying limp and bound. Pulling her off the horse Kyla held her once more. “You’ll be off then?” She asked. There was not much love found between them, but after everything that had happened..Kyla had felt a budding respect for the vampire. She felt awkward. Ferelith should be the one doing this.

“She loves you..You know..” Kyla said without meeting her eyes. The discomfort was obvious but Kyla knew Ferelith would want things to be said. “I know you have your own journey..” She placed her hand on the vampires shoulder.

“But my sister is someone who does not change in ways of the heart...I will do what I can..and send word.” Her mouth was set in a grim line. Emotion threatening to break through. “Wether it will be news of success..or plans to avenge her..The gods will have to decide..and accepting this necromancers help..” While her hand remained on her shoulder the woman’s eyes had not met the vampires yet. They remained on the ground still as she finally asked.

“Heike..Before you go..You care for her as much as I do..At least..I hope so..” She said with a grimace. “What should I do..” She asked quietly. Until this sudden turn she had always held the reigns..Known the enemy..This was too evil..too..different for her to really process at the moment..She needed advice..

Last edited:
Back at the fort, Sir Eberwolf did indeed take a moment to share words with her. Heike had held a nebulous idea of what his warning would be, but this notion proved off of the mark. His words were simpler, more practical, than she anticipated. Don't let my father catch you. Yes, it had been a rather icy reception from the Duke, hadn't it? This manner of suspicion, loathing, outright hostility, all of it came in due course with her affliction, and Heike--regrettably--had come to be accustomed to it.

"Very well," Heike said to Eberwolf. "And though I vehemently disagree with certain magical practices of the Duchy...win your war, Sir Eberwolf. Kill every last one of them. In this endeavor, godspeed to you as well."

* * * * *​

On the way back to the tent in which rested her normal clothes (still wet, but with Eberwolf's warning and Ferelith being unavailable, there was no reason to stay until dawn or until they dried), Heike met with Kyla once more. Kyla and Ferelith, the latter still bound and unconscious. It was terrible, heartwrenching, to depart with Ferelith in such a state, but what could Heike do? Her training and life as a knight lent itself not to aid Ferelith with this. Perhaps the only thing she could do was be watchful, observant, in her travels as she attended to her duty to Reikhurst, keeping an eye out for someone with the particular skillset necessary to expel the entity within Ferelith.

So..You'll be off then?

Heike nodded in slow affirmation. "Yes, for I cannot stay and abide the means of the Duchy."

She loves you..You know..

"I..." Heike's tongue seemed to halt of its own accord. This truth, so plainly said and with all the circumstances surrounding it, was hard to respond to. It brought to the forefront the lesser stated cost of staying true, in the keeping of Oaths and proper accordance of oneself in knighthood. She said, and could only say, "This is so."

Kyla continued, and very much to Heike's surprise, entreated her for guidance. Here a sister who loved her fellow sister, this the bare foundation of the matter despite all the sordid deeds of their past. Heike's gaze softened just so. She would be resolute in her words, but gentle in the tone by which they were delivered.

"I speak to you in truth, not only in keeping with my Oath to do so but as the woman who does so return your sister's love in kind. You must keep her from doing evil at the coercive bidding of the possessor within her. If she cannot be restrained, then..." She chose her words carefully, loath to say Slay her in so crude a fashion, "...necessity dictates duty. And do not trust the necromancer--remember and stay true to the belief which drove you away the first time Sir Eberwolf made such a suggestion. Magic of that vile nature will only exacerbate Ferelith's woes."

Heike took in a breath which her lungs did not crave, but her mind did.

"Send any word of note to Captain Bronmarch in Alliria. I will do the same, should I find a means of aiding Ferelith."

And Heike placed briefly her palm atop Kyla's hand on her shoulder.

"We will persevere. We must."

Syvis laughed as the knight showed up so big and tough to question her. „I told you I belong to no one. I work for no one. I have no business. How many times must I reiterate my statements for it to embed itself in your thick crown?” Syvis spat out like her tongue was on fire. As she sat there in a dog kennel, she knew was in no position to be talking this way and it was time to admit her defeat.

She put her palms face up and exhaled deeply. „I want nothing from you or your lands. I am a nomad, I own no estates nothing. I am twenty three and trying to survive. I do not know what is happening here other than war and I do not have the slightest idea of who you are nor your companions. I saw a chance and took it.” Her face looked almost pained as she was quick and blunt with the man. “I do not wish to be here. I am no one of importance to you and your people. I am to my people it may be a shock but I wish to return to those people.” She was lying through her teeth. She didn’t want to see her people she just wanted out of here and if pulling at heart strings would do that then she’d pull away.

She turned her face away from him so he only saw her cheek she was done speaking. There was nothing left for her to say other than “If you are to kill me, make it quick so as my appearance is half decent.” Syvis’ voice sounded hoarse as she hadn’t had water in a couple days nor food.

“Thank you for everything..Heike..” Kyla said surprised with a slight jump at Heike’s touch. Not repulsion or instinct as a passer by might think, but sheer honest surprise.

“I would hear her advice on the matter, but she nor her twisted magic shall touch my sister. She will be away from this nasty business.” Kyla said earnestly. Yet as the vampire turned to leave Kyla then stopped her with one final query. “What would you like me to tell her when she wakes up?..From you..” She said glancing down at her sister still limp in her arms.

After the final goodbyes were spoken she allowed the guard to take Ferelith to a cell. Still restrained and completely out of it.

“Ha!” A harsh laugh would escape her lips as she approached her knight. Her keen ears catching the tail bits of their conversation. “And what other instruments do you play love?” She asked crouching to be at eye level with the thief.

“The harp, maybe the lute?” She said with another chuckle.

“Because I have never seen someone so desperately trying to play the heart strings. It might not be for you.” She said with a snicker glancing at her man.

“Besides its impolite to try and play something that only I have permission to.” She said smugly. No one got to play games with her man, but her. Just like no one held her leash but him. She would burn a Forrest to the ground, and halt it at a whim of his words.

She knew this, but this new girl apparently did not. Anyway...Kyla wasn’t sure she forgave her for the remarks made earlier, and she was in no mood for forgiveness at this point.

But as always she was kneels by her knights side. Ready to attack or sit quietly. Whichever he preferred. Her people’s women were always taught to be submissive to their husbands.

But never weak.

A weak husband could shame an entire house. So the women were submissive, but it was a status that was earned rather than freely given.

“Where I come from thieves get their hands cut off. I think it wouldn’t be so bad..You heard her..No one important..” Kyla said with a cold grin. Her eyes hard from the pain she was going through. In all honesty...Kyla was angry. Fuming to be more specific.

This not being the time or place however she was restraining herself as best she could. Letting her molten hot rage bubble in her gut like toxic sludge. She almost felt ill.

The soft eyes of the woman Eberwolf knew was gone for a moment. She was the wolf again. Stirred from its slumber by the actions of her sister...angered by what followed...

Yet in that moment..She glanced at the knight..Her knight...and the anger was more easily beaten back. The iron clad gaze softening when they met his own. The bandit was sent back to the past and the moment passed.

“You obviously will do what you will with her, but time is short. We have another caged friend of yours we need to talk to.” She said in a slightly softer tone. Standing from her kneel.

Last edited:
“If you are to kill me, make it quick so as my appearance is half decent.” Syvis’ voice sounded hoarse as she hadn’t had water in a couple days nor food.

"No, theft is not punishable by death here." He started to say, just before Kyla decided to step in.

“Ha!” A harsh laugh would escape her lips as she approached her knight. Her keen ears catching the tail bits of their conversation. “And what other instruments do you play love?” She asked crouching to be at eye level with the thief.

“The harp, maybe the lute?” She said with another chuckle.

“Because I have never seen someone so desperately trying to play the heart strings. It might not be for you.” She said with a snicker glancing at her man.

Her remark was a little unexpected but not surprising. He rolled his eyes at her remark on heartstrings. She certainly had a way with words, finding creative ways to insult or chastise, it was something he could take a few pointers on.

“Besides its impolite to try and play something that only I have permission to.” She said smugly. No one got to play games with her man, but her. Just like no one held her leash but him. She would burn a Forrest to the ground, and halt it at a whim of his words.

She knew this, but this new girl apparently did not. Anyway...Kyla wasn’t sure she forgave her for the remarks made earlier, and she was in no mood for forgiveness at this point.

But as always she was kneels by her knights side. Ready to attack or sit quietly. Whichever he preferred. Her people’s women were always taught to be submissive to their husbands.

He had the grace to blush at her remark and mannerisms. It was odd, and a little out of place to see her kneeling, and her newfound subservience was a little off-putting. Lucky for him he wore a helm to hide his red face.

“Where I come from thieves get their hands cut off. I think it wouldn’t be so bad..You heard her..No one important..” Kyla said with a cold grin. Her eyes hard from the pain she was going through. In all honesty...Kyla was angry. Fuming to be more specific.

"Not quite so severe is the punishment you face here." He said to the woman. "You have two options. You can be flogged, publicly, or you can earn your pardon through service."

“You obviously will do what you will with her, but time is short. We have another caged friend of yours we need to talk to.” She said in a slightly softer tone. Standing from her kneel.

He glanced at Kyla as she said this and stood. He turned back to the thief. "Think on this, and you tell me which you prefer upon my return."

Then he turned and left with Kyla, and he said on the way. "I'm glad that you trust me enough to allow this. I swear to you that we will get information and nothing more will be done."

He meant it. And he'd make that clear to the Necromancer.

They approached her cage with Ferelith, and the green-clad sorceress stood up from her sitting position as they approached, her eyes landing on Ferelith, then Kyla.

"So I take it this is your ne..." She started.

He didn't have any patience for this. He seized her by the throat as he had before the siege, and she choked. "You will tell us what you can about this womans ailment. Refuse, or do anything different, and I will personally see that you are hanged drawn and quartered. Do you understand me?"

She nodded and he released her. She took a moment to recover before gesturing for Kyla to bring her closer. Eberwolf would stand next to Kyla as this was happening, to help steady and reassure her, her sister would come to no further harm.

(Kyla go ahead and control what it is that she says.)

Last edited:
“What would you like me to tell her when she wakes up?..From you..” She said glancing down at her sister still limp in her arms.

Heike gave it a moment's consideration, then said, "Tell her that I go in search of a cure for her ailments: both her possession and her vampirism. And though I may be far and my travels long, she will be near to me." Heike touched the pendant of the necklace resting atop her chest. "I love her."

She nodded slowly--little motions of her head. Then said with an air of finality, "Yes. Tell her that for me. I thank you, Kyla. When next we meet, it is my hope that you will be a free woman--she who has paid in full her penance for the misdeeds of her past. Fight well, and earn that freedom. Farewell."

* * * * *​

Heike Eisen did as she intended to do. She dressed herself in her normal clothes inside the tent, and departed from the army camp and set off west as Sir Eberwolf had advised, leaving behind her well-wishing for the Kinniger Duchy's victory in their war against the Vampiric Army set against them.

To the west she went.

And her own war loomed far beyond the horizon.

• Yay
Reactions: Syvis
She had zoned out while the red haired woman talked. She knew she said something, but she didn’t know what and frankly she didn’t care. She shook her head a little and stared at the red haired girl. “Okay...?” Was all she said. She was shutting down, into exhaustion and shutting down mentally.

She numbly watched them walk away and her voice cracked as she screamed after them. “Flogging! I chose flogging.” She’d sooner die before she belonged to a brute and his mangy mutt.

She’d take the humiliation and the pain like a woman.

Kyla held her sister close.

Her eyes narrowed with distrust as she inched slightly closer. “Well I can’t help if you don’t at least trust me enough to get a good look at what I’m dealing with.” She huffed as Kyla scowled further.

“Possessed isn’t she..Her right hand is shaking slightly..” The necromancer said with a knowing smile spreading across her face. “Is she marked in some way?” She questioned as Kyla remained silent. “On the right side of her head..” She said slowly pulling back her sisters blonde hair revealing the ugly black scar. “Oh...” The woman’s face fell.. “What?” Kyla snapped as the necromancers eyes didn’t leave the mark.

Her face growing paler by the moment as she seemed to be realizing what this meant and each thing that it meant was getting worse by the second. Like a man realizing his house was collapsing, realizing his family was inside and what that would mean. “Keep it back from me..” The woman said falling back to the furthest part of her cage she could cram herself into. “We need answers..” Kyla said as the woman shook her head.

“The path you seek even my kind can not stomach.” She said deadly serious. “I will not even speak of the one that holds your sister. Kill me if you will, but any torture you have in store for me will be childish to the consequences awaiting those who walk in the shadows of that bitch.” She spat. “Fine.” Kyla said bitterly. “Just point me in the direction of someone willing to help then.” She said simply. The necromancer laughed. A grim bitter cackle.

“There will be no one! Your sister is afflicted by something my kind steer away from even the darkest pit of a souled mage would..” She stopped as the sadness made its self know on Kyla’s face. The true weight of her sisters afflictions beginning to place their full weight on her shoulders. “I’m..I’m sorry...” The necromancer said finally. A look entering her own features almost as rarely as sadness entered Kyla’s. Empathy. If she was feeling for Kyla...Rhis must truely be serious. “I won’t speak more about...It..” She said giving Ferelith another sickened look.

“To do so would risk my own safety, but..” She held up a single slender finger. “There is one person. If the old witch is still kicking...” she said with a slight catch in her voice. “It’s a long shot in the dark...But she can help you. You’ll find her near Elbion. I know no more than that..Believe me..” She finished. “A name?” Kyla asked with a raised eyebrow. “Janice..” She answered quietly. Kyla nodded and turned to leave without a word.

Eberwolf watched the exchange closely, one hand on his sword at all times. And he watched Kyla speak with the necromancer. Until at last she turned to leave, and he followed her.

He said to the guard by her cage, a man dressed in slightly different armour than the usual soldier. He wore a kettle helmet with a bevor and he had a black surcoat, no emblem, and at his hip was an arming sword while a kite shield was strapped to his arm. A Black Dragoon Guard.

"Take her back to Blackstone Deep and see to it that her release is signed. She is to be brought back to Irngaard and she is to remain in the city limits. Understood?"

"Sir."

So he returned to Kyla's side. "So how are we going to handle this?"

“Like I handle everything else.” Kyla said. Her eyes narrowing. Her hand tightening on her knife handle.

“When my service is complete I will head to Elbion. Until then I would have Ferelith locked up for her own safety if you would have your men do so..” She continued unable to meet her lovers eye.

She was burning up inside right now. She needed something to help cool her tensions but it seemed nothing could quench the flames of her anger at this point.

“When my service is complete I will head to Elbion. Until then I would have Ferelith locked up for her own safety if you would have your men do so..” She continued unable to meet her lovers eye.

He stopped her with a hand on her shoulder. “I will see to it that she’s taken care of. She won’t be put in a cell like those we pulled you from. And in the meanwhile I can have a few inquisitors look intonations finding this Janice for you. And please, do not hesitate to ask me for any help you may need, I’m here for you, and your sister.”

He gestured for her to follow him back to the command tent, where he wrote up a quick letter and sealed it with black wax. Then he called over two guards. Handed them the letter and said, “bring this letter to the Castillion of Blackstone Deep, and prepare for vanguard duty. I will be sending six others with you. Be ready by the South Gate by the hour’s end.”

The two men saluted and left to follow his instructions. Turning to face his woman, “Now we need to get a cart to transport her in, and six more soldiers to guard her. If you wish, you can accompany them to their destination.”

• Sip
Reactions: Syvis
Her eyes opened. Still bound. The darkness filled her eyes once more. “They’re going to put you in another cage...” the voice whispered into her mind. She snapped awake.

The bindings useless as a pulse of dark energy ripples down her body severing the bonds as they passed them. The force of the pulse knocking back the men carrying her.

“Let me go!” She screeched taking off at a run. Kyla was there in an instant. She had heard the screech and had been close by to begin with. “Ferelith!” She yelled. The girl turned. Eyes black as night and cold as a winter morning on the mountain. “Your sister is mine now wolf.”

She spat using Ferelith’s voice. Ferelith’s body. It made her sister almost ill. “Not if I have anything to say about it.” Kyla growled moving with insane speed trying to tackle her sister. Ferelith laughed a nasty cackle before side stepping and grabbing go her sister by the back of the neck. She then proceeded to snap it with a tightening of her grip leaving her sister squirming in pain before suddenly going limp.

“Stupid bitch..Be seeing you.” The girl said with a cackle turning back for one more moment. “Maybe you weren’t as big of a threat as they let on..” She said finally before bolting off.

Kyla lay there unable to move as her neck slowly healed. She barely had the breath to scream through the pain. She lay on the ground taking shallow breaths. Tears stinging her cheeks. Why did the gods seek to torment her so? Was it for the evil she had done all those years ago..? Maybe those debts never were able to be paid back..

The whole altercation took mere moments. She had left her knights side at the speed of a bullet. If he had followed after he would be arriving about now. She wouldn’t look him in the eye.

“Leave me here..” She croaked out were she lay.

Paralyzed, face down in the mud. Her perfect red hair now matted with blood and dirt. She couldn’t even wipe her tears as they fell.

“I can’t even protect my only sister...The promise I made to father..Broken..” She struggled out.

She was finally broken. The slow healing of her body doing little to repair her fractured mind.

The whole altercation took mere moments. She had left her knights side at the speed of a bullet. If he had followed after he would be arriving about now. She wouldn’t look him in the eye.

“Leave me here..” She croaked out were she lay.

Paralyzed, face down in the mud. Her perfect red hair now matted with blood and dirt. She couldn’t even wipe her tears as they fell.

“I can’t even protect my only sister...The promise I made to father..Broken..” She struggled out.

She was finally broken. The slow healing of her body doing little to repair her fractured mind.

Her sudden sprint away from him brought his attention. He followed as fast as he could to find Kyla lying there, a broken neck, paralyzed and sobbing.

Those words, those three words. Leave me here. How could she expect him to do that?

He ignored those words, and kneeling down beside her he picked her up by the torso and turned her over, supporting her head so he could make eye contact. He wiped her tears away for her.

"You'll find her again Kyla. Anyou cannot stop now, to fail is not failure, it simply means you haven't succeeded yet. Your promise is not broken, it has simply gotten harder to uphold. Dry your eyes love, you'll save her, you have at every turn. And Heike may well be able to follow her, I doubt she's gone very far just yet."

He looked at the fallen soldiers, they were fine, just stunned. He picked her up completely, and carried her to her tent. By then her neck would have been healed, and he'd say, "stay here Kyla, I'll bring something for you to clean yourself up with. Then you need rest, I'll have a hound follow Ferelith, and as soon as your service is complete, you will know where to go."

• Yay
Reactions: Ferelith Scathach
“Thank you..love..” She would say as she was laid down letting out a grateful sigh. She cleaned herself when Eberwolf returned. Once done she was able to drift off and awake feeling fresher and make her way to the command tent.

She knew he would be there. When was he not? She felt better. After a quick motioning infusion she felt ready to fight.

Pushing her sister from her mind she came to his side silently listening intently. It seemed his presence had an effect on her temperament to an extent. Fire still burned in her eyes.

Her mind working like a machine dissecting the battlefield and imagining how tactics and troop movements would play out.

Yet she remained silent by his side heading out his own plan and what the others thought with not even a snicker, though an eye roll or two interrupted her focused gaze when some of the more long winded at the table began to stray from actual discussion and began to bluster.

Once she even opened her mouth but glancing at Eberwolf she silently closed it with a slight snort of annoyance before returning to her silent demeanor.

“Thank you..love..” She would say as she was laid down letting out a grateful sigh.

He smiled sadly at her, and kissing her forehead he said, "You're welcome."

Once done she was able to drift off and awake feeling fresher and make her way to the command tent.

She knew he would be there. When was he not? She felt better. After a quick motioning infusion she felt ready to fight.

Pushing her sister from her mind she came to his side silently listening intently. It seemed his presence had an effect on her temperament to an extent. Fire still burned in her eyes.

Her mind working like a machine dissecting the battlefield and imagining how tactics and troop movements would play out.

Yet she remained silent by his side heading out his own plan and what the others thought with not even a snicker, though an eye roll or two interrupted her focused gaze when some of the more long winded at the table began to stray from actual discussion and began to bluster.

Once she even opened her mouth but glancing at Eberwolf she silently closed it with a slight snort of annoyance before returning to her silent demeanor.

Eberwolf and his captains had gathered around the table, studying the charts and reports given by their scouts.

The captain who'd greeted them upon their arrival was speaking when Kyla entered. "...rmy is crippled. If they want to regroup they will have to fall back to Castle Greywatch, which means that this is the perfect opportunity to siege them, while they're all in one place and vulnerable."

Another captain spoke up, "a castle is anything but vulnerable. And we can't exactly level it, it would take several months to do so, and even longer to rebuild. And if we committed to an assault we'd loose too many men."

"We can't exactly starve them out either." The first captain countered. "It would take too long and leave us vulnerable. We don't have much choice."

Eberwolf spoke, "stop. The enemy can't have reached the castle yet. Send the cavalry out to intercept and engage, and send the dogs to collect any stragglers and hunt down runaways. Meanwhile we march for the castle and prepare to lay siege, we'll explore more options once we have more knowledge."

The captains didn't look terribly pleased but each saluted and moved to carry out his orders, leaving Eberwolf and Kyla alone.

He turned to face her, his expression portraying concern. "How are you feeling?"

“How do you think..” She said with a sigh. “Just point me at what needs to die.” She growled simply. Her ferocity on the battlefield had been unmatched before. Now it would only be worse. She would need a strong steadying hand.