Completed The War of The Kinniger Duchy

Character Biography
Link
They had been in Aliria for almost a month. Eberwolf, and Heike Eisen, had stayed in the city to negotiate a deal with the local authorities. With no shortage of difficulty, Eberwolf had managed to convince the courts to release the two sisters on the condition that they be kept under close watch for the duration of their freedom, and depending on the level of assistance provided, possibly even be released. But they had to accept the offer first.

Kyla Scathach had come to the prison of her own accord, and surrendered herself to the authorities. Now she was in the same prison that her younger sister, Ferelith Scathach had been put in by Heike and her fellow Golden Blade Knights. Sir Eberwolf and Heike were now following the Warden of the prison to the solitary confinement cells deep in the tower.

Eberwolf strode with booming footsteps, his armor offering no shortage of ruckus. His left hand rested on the crossguard of his sheathed longsword, leaving it in optimal position to be quickly drawn. His longsword was a Messer, the crossguard having a third “guard” protruding from the side, having only one edge and a clipped tip. It was largely for cutting and grappling.

They approached the door of the cell. And entered.

• Yay
Reactions: Heike Eisen
“You really came here for them? On the captains orders?” The warden asked for the third time as they continued to descend the depths of the tower.

“It’s not that I would argue with the man..I’m not here to disobey orders..but these two..” He pauses for a moment as if finding the words.

“These two have been the single two biggest pains in my ass since they came here. Especially the little one..” The warden grumbled. “And the older one just gives me the creeps.” He continued as they arrived at the bottom. A single cell door was in front of them. The warden knocked once and was answered by two knocks before unlocking the door.

Opening it to reveal a guard sitting in front of another door. “Alex. The rings.” Was all the warden said. The young guard simply nodded. Removing a sliver ring from his left hand and a gold from his right. Tossing them to Heike as she was the only one in the group with no gauntlets on.

“Point 2 fingers at either one of them with the gold ring to shock them. Silver for takedown. As long as you point at them the effect will last. It doesn’t matter what blocks your way. A sweeping gesture will eventually hit them no matter where they hide for up to 3 miles.” He said casually.

“You’ll need the shock more than you’d think.” The warden added with a dark mutter. Finally the warden opened the door. It was a small circular room with a single bunk bed pushed up against a wall next to a bucket.

Kyla sat on the bottom bunk. Glasses perched delicately on her nose as she read a book

Elbion trade route logs and almanac.” Were written across the cover. She was as clean and plain as she’d ever been.

Her hair was grown out and unbraided. Glasses perched on her delicate nose.

She looked almost like the royalty she had once been, but the scars on her arms and tattoo as well as the slim silver bracelet and tight silver necklace she now wore around her neck scarred the image like a black smear of paint on a masterpiece.

Ferelith hung upside down from her top bunk.

Her prison uniform cut to be revealing with her top cut into a tank top revealing her midriff along with pants that were now shorts. Her tattoo now black in some places and blue in others. One eye glowing yellow the other piercing blue. She bounced a ball from floor to wall with such repetitive accuracy a black mark both where it hit the floor and wall had begun to form. It flew from her hand and bounced back to it effortlessly. Her hands still bore claws but they had shrunken to little more than sharpened fingernails still able to rend flesh, but far more manageable than the razor blades most vampires of her strain walked around with.

“Company. Gunhild.” Kyla said without looking up from her book. “Don’t call me that.” Ferelith growled. Swiping at Kyla who dodged it with a small tilt of her neck and fired a punch that knocked Ferelith from her perch to the ground all without glancing up from her book.

“See who it is.” She said turning the page as Ferelith pulled her self up from the ground and saw the visitors as they entered.

“It’s the leech and some knight.” She groaned leaning back against the bunk her sister sat on. “I see..” Kyla said glancing up and shutting her book.

Taking off her glasses and setting her closed book aside. “You know this knight?” Ferelith asked in their tribes tongue. I hodgepodge of elven, orcish, and common. A tongue that had died with their people. “Yes, he was one who brought me here. He’s...basic..” Kyla replied in the same tongue. Ferelith chuckled. Kyla smiled and ruffled her hair causing her to swat the hand away with a huff.

“Hey! None of that backwater mountain tribe garble. Speak common or shut up!” The warden growled. Fereliths smut grin only widened in face of his rage while Kyla held up her hands in mock surrender. Her face a picture of apologetic innocence.

“My fault I forgot.” She said genuinely. The warden calmed and seemed to miss the manipulative glint in the woman’s eye.

“See that you remember. “ he barked after a moment.

“Your sure he cleared THEM for release? I know your the one who brought them in..but I fail to see how letting them back out for any reason to-“ “Shove it Elijah. Your voice grates my ears.” Kyla snapped suddenly causing the burly man to fall silent for a moment from sheer shock.

“She’s here to deal. I can feel it. Let me hear her out so I can turn her down and send her on her way.” She continued. Her voice maintaining its strict town as she looked at her old captors coldly.

“Well? We haven’t all day leech.” Kyla said as Ferelith glanced at Heike. Her smug smirk evaporating and being replaced with an embarrassed grin as blood rush to her parlor cheeks and she looked away. Kyla saw this and her harsh frown only deepened.

The look at Heike was clear. This had better be good.

Last edited:
A month. Not quite, but almost.

Captain Bronmarch was doing his best, but the Warden of the Allirian prison (and, more pressingly, the relevant interests in both Alliria and Elbion) were obstinate. Bronmarch, along with Sir Eberwolf--who leveraged the plight of his Duchy--finally managed to secure the release of the Scathach sisters. Dangerous outlaws, yes, but eventually the persuasive argument of "let them fight against the vampiric army in the Duchy" won the powers-that-be over--with caveats, of course. If they died, great. If they didn't, then the problem in the Duchy was solved and neither Alliria nor Elbion needed to fear that they or anything within their spheres of influence would be next.

It was ultimately necessary, this month of back-and-forth deliberating and convincing. And for it, the vast majority of the time, Heike was not present. She was hidden in the darkness of night and shadow in and around the city, for only Captain Bronmarch truly accepted her.

And, unfortunately, the amount of time it took to secure Kyla and Ferelith's release forced Heike to feed in the meantime. From the very citizens Captain Bronmarch was sworn to protect. This had to weigh heavily upon him. It did on Heike. To her, it was as if she betrayed him, gained his trust only to stab one of his friends in the back. Sir Eberwolf had to know as well; surmise where it was she went and what she was doing some nights. But his Duchy, his home and the lord he had sworn fealty to, were at stake. Imperiled by a threat of terrible proportions.

And it was the magnitude of this threat that so compelled Heike to vouch for Kyla and Ferelith's release. She had fought one of the sisters, seen the prowess of the other, and knew well that both were fearsome and capable. That they could put their skills to work in service of a cause just and righteous, instead of one criminal and callous.

That they could find a measure of redemption for their past deeds.

* * * * *​

You really came here for them? On the captains orders?

"Yes," Heike said simply.

She followed behind the Warden. Beside Sir Eberwolf, the man--the fellow knight--who had aided her in escaping the dungeon cell in the Monster Hunter Fortress. They walked down the dim stone halls of the tower in the Allirian prison compound. Her hood was up, but her mask was down.

...the single two biggest pains in my ass... Especially the little one.

Ferelith. Gunhild, as was her given name. Heike smiled--just slightly. She wasn't surprised.

They entered the vestibule to the solitary confinement cell. This place, the cell beyond the next door, certainly akin to the dungeon cell in the Fortress that Heike had been held briefly inside of--the cell meant for monsters.

Heike caught the rings as they were tossed to her by the watchman inside the vestibule. With some noticeable difficulty on the part of her claws, she slipped the silver ring onto the index finger of her left hand and the gold ring onto the index finger of her right; just as the guard himself had had them. These rings were one of those aforementioned caveats. Magic rings, yes, but they functioned with only the motion of pointing or sweeping of one's hand; no other input or ability from Heike required, thus circumventing the magic dampening of her vampiric strain.

A small pang of guilt. It was likely that this shock and takedown effect produced from the gestures was magnified severely in order to pierce through Ferelith's resistance. The same resistance Heike herself had. It might even be more devastating in the end than Kyla's, the shock and takedown necessary for Ferelith. And that small pang of guilt in Heike's chest only got worse before it finally could be subdued.

The warden opened the cell door proper. Heike stepped inside.

The sisters were there. Kept content (no doubt to the relief of the warden and the watchman) by the small allowances of the book and the ball. They had a brief spat (Ferelith, Heike noticed, not too fond of being called Gunhild). Ferelith was knocked from the top bunk, fell, recovered and stood, and Kyla closed her book.

"Kyla," Heike said in authoritative greeting. Then, less firm and with a touch of sheepishness, along with a split second aversion of her eyes, "Ferelith."

Then Heike got straight to the point.

"This is about the army of vampires and their thralls in the Kinniger Duchy," a small gesture, open-palmed gesture to Sir Eberwolf, for Ferelith's clarification. "I requested for your release, and Sir Eberwolf along with Captain Bronmarch made it happen."

A look particularly to Ferelith then. "I know what the two of you are capable of. I know that you are excellent and fearsome warriors. And we are in need of such warriors."

Her eyes surveyed the two of them. "Your actions will be evaluated and given their due. It is only right and just that, in exchange for this service, your sentences are reduced or waived. This service, rather than imprisonment or execution, will be your penance for your past deeds."

If you survive, was the implication. Or, as possibly the aggrieved parties of Alliria and Elbion wished, death in battle would be their fated punishment.

"This," Heike said, "if you come willingly, and act honorably. Sir Eberwolf and I will be your minders. We have the authority and the just cause to execute one or both of you, should it come to that. You may find that this is an easier feat for us than previously."

And, in closing, Heike finished firmly with, "If you, Kyla, are unwilling, or if you, Ferelith, are unwilling, then one or both of you will stay imprisoned here as is the justice already sentenced upon you. But I implore the both of you to accept this offer."

Heike couldn't help focusing more on Ferelith, a tiny intrusion of pleading sorrow threatening to undermine the steel in her eyes.

"You will not receive another."

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger Kyla Scathach Ferelith Scathach

Ferelith returned the gaze with her blush only growing deeper. Heikes words piecering her heart in a way only those blinded by affection could not see. The thought of being with Heike again appealed to her. Yet Kyla seemed to notice this.

“Ferelith..” Kyla said warningly. “She knew that look. “Freedom Kyla. It’ll get you back to the orphans. They may be older but they still need you.” Ferelith said again in mountain tongue not trying to reveal her sisters secret. “What did I just say!” The warden growled.

“It’s fine..” Kyla said in common nodding at her sisters reasoning. It was foolish. By the way Heike described it...The higher ups no doubt figured them to die in battle which meant this would be dangerous and possibly more difficult than just clearing out a couple of vampires. This was an execution.

“We aren’t weapons for you to take out to be used and locked back up in a case for you to drag out with a dangle of a few years off our sentence for each job that will get us killed. I’ve seen how these play out. How much lighter would you make our sentences? Speak truthfully and be held to your word.” She spat. Her eyes narrowing “Bu-But Kyla..I’m sure..” Ferelith began before her sister held up her hand. “How much lighter.” She pressed against looking from Heike to the Knight.

• Yay
“I see that you two have had a happy reunion.” Eberwolf said dryly.

“It will be reduced by five years initially, and increased as your assistance increases. And you won’t be, as you say, weapons to be locked away again. You will be support, making sure that any flanking enemies die. And the offer extends to each of you as individuals, one of you can refuse while the other accepts. But you must make your choice soon, I have already been away from the fighting for far too long. We will return here as the sun nears the horizon, you have until then to consider it.” Eberwolf says bluntly and clearly before turning to the door and walking out.

Last edited:
  • Yay
“See what I mean? Very basic..” Kyla said with a nudge to her sister who chuckled obediently. “Well. It seems we have a lot to discuss. Run along after your handler Heike.” Kyla spat watching the knight leave. “Kyla..Do-.” Ferelith began but Kyla silences her with a glare as she stood and approached the vampire. “It seems that after you dumped me here you left before you could explain something important.” She said coldly. Ferelith jumped up and put herself between her sister and Heike. Her sister appeared calm, but Ferelith knew her moods and tones better than most. “Like how you turned my sister!” Kyla growled. “Sit back down.” The warden commanded but Kyla’s eyes were locked on the vampire.

“Gunhild. Move out of my way. She dumped me here after I helped her. Told me she would give me the truth. I come to you and find you feeding on a corpse the day I show up. Forgot to mention it before she popped out for a few weeks only to come and demand my help? Become my handler?” She looked from the vampire to her sister still standing in her way. “Kyla..I..” Ferelith struggles with words glancing at Heike behind her before backing up until she was almost touching her with he back looking back to her sister. “Ha!” Kyla laughed scathingly seeing this displayed so plainly.

“I see now. You fancy her don’t you?”

“Kyla..” Ferelith said warningly not even daring to look behind her and have the point proven even more. “Your a princess..seed of our ancestors...and you fancy that thing?” Kyla said incredulous. “Shut up! She’s not a thing!” Ferelith snapped puffing her chest out a drawing her self up to her sisters height..or tried to at least resulting in an almost comedic stand off to anyone who didn’t know the small girls strength. “If you do this now we’ll never get back to the children. Five years is most of your sentence anyway..” Ferelith reminded her. Pleaded with her. “There will be time for vengeance sister please.. Just not now..”

Kyla seemed taken aback for a moment. Looking as if she would challenge her sister only to shrug.

“It won’t put a dent in your sentence..” She grumbled.

“I know..but getting you back to the manor is more important..” Ferelith said with a reassuring smirk. “Besides it’ll be nice to cut off a few heads..get my blood flowing again. Shake off the dust come on sister..” Ferelith said as Kyla finally seemed to relent, but her warm smile to her sister evaporated as her glance feel to Heike.

“Fine leech. You got yourself a couple of vampire slayers.” She smirked before hopping back on to her bunk and reopening her book. Ferelith finally relaxed. Crisis being averted she slowly turned to Heike. Her eyes unable to meet hers after her feelings had been so callously laid bare.

“I’ll see you then..When we leave..” She said quietly her gaze shifting from Heikes chin the the ground as she turned back to join her sister. Picking up her fallen ball she hung from her top bunk once again and started throwing it.

“I’ve never seen her act like that...I did see her chew off a mans ear...ha..imagine being fancied by a thief and a murder like that.. You must be disgusted eh?” The warden asked after they left the cell with a chuckle. “Not complaining. It’ll make her easier to control. I mean I’ve never seen her act so timid and mature..but for you..It must be unpleasant..”

• Wonder
Eberwolf explained the terms. No room for negotiation, for it had already been done. As Heike said herself, there would not be another offer. This was it. Take it, or leave it.

Ferelith seemed very inclined; and this Heike was glad to see. She still needed to pay her penance for her past crimes, Ferelith, but...Heike did not wish to see her languish inside a cell forever. Heike retained an immense amount of guilt for what had happened--for what she had allowed to happen. Ferelith's affliction. Her vampirism. Because Heike had not been careful enough. And through her negligence, Ferelith thus damned to this for the rest of her now unnatural "life."

Kyla, on the other hand, harbored practical doubts. Among other things.

She, Kyla, stood and came closer to Heike. An aggressive motion. Heike stood her ground. Lifted her chin slightly at Kyla's approach. Ferelith came between the two of them, yet Heike kept her gaze on Kyla and Kyla her gaze on Heike.

Her grievances had merit. But Heike would not allow her honor to be besmirched.

She said in response, "I answered all your questions truthfully, Kyla. I did not lie to you."

Ferelith struggled to find the words to convince her sister. Glanced back at Heike as if for support. Backed up until Heike's chin was nearly touching the top of the head. And then Kyla...laughed.

I see now. You fancy her don't you?

Heike's expression and gaze didn't betray anything else but the resolute steel she had adopted to face down Kyla. But her cheeks blossomed red--this, even more pronounced in the wake of having fed recently as yesterday. Behind her adamant exterior, thoughts: Heike wasn't particularly surprised to hear this. Ferelith had--in contrast to the vast majority of others, they who saw Heike as nothing more than a monster--been fond of Heike's appearance. Said as much, even when they were foes against one another. Complimented her; such things were relics of the time of Reikhurst, when Heike's skin had not gone pale, her eyes yellow, her once sandy-blonde hair gone gray. And her claws all but ensured that Heike, in the wake of her affliction, received nothing more than abhorred or disdainful regard.

Though it was not particularly surprising, it was incredibly pleasant to hear it so boldly stated.

Intriguing details followed: A princess; royalty (what happened?), from a land of which Heike was certainly unaware. A mention of "the children." A confirmation for Heike that Ferelith's sentence had indeed been more severe than Kyla's.

And Kyla at last joined her sister in agreeance to the deal.

Heike finally let her own gaze relax, a metaphorical sheathing of the sword. She let her eyes fall down to Ferelith, who didn't (or couldn't) return the look.

"I will return when it is time," Heike said. Then, a touch softer, "You made the right choice, Ferelith."

And Heike turned. Left with the warden. Glared at him, as he made his comments, but did nothing more than that. Heike was only here until the good graces of Captain Bronmarch (and, likely of more significance, Bronmarch's superiority over the warden). The warden was already less than receptive of her, to put it mildly; Heike stayed her tongue so as to not strain a tenuous peace.

* * * * *​

Outside the cell, Heike walked beside Eberwolf. Said to him, "That went better than expected. I anticipated that Kyla would be...difficult. Angry, at me. It would have made for a month poorly spent if she convinced Ferelith not to take the offer."

Heike drew in a false breath. Pleased that things had turned out as they had.

And she asked of Eberwolf, "What is the latest news from your Duchy?"

Ferelith Scathach Sir Eberwolf Kinniger

The standoff would have been amusing if not for the situation at hand. If anyone had looked, his hand would have been seen on the hilt of his two handed messer, and it was partially drawn, ready to cut Kyla’s head from her shoulders. No matter the circumstances, nothing could survive decapitation. But it ended up being pointless, Kyla agreed, and Eberwolf had ammunition to tease Heike if the proper time and opportunity arose.

As they left the cell behind he spoke to the warden. “We’ll be back at dusk. And we’ll have what the courts have required, we’re going to pick them up now.”

Eberwolf had gotten a deeply hooded cloak to protect Heike from the sun so that she could walk around in the daylight. And so they were headed to one of the local enchanters, who had been commissioned to enchant two sets of manacles for the two women. It was then that Heike asked after his homeland.

“The Duke is rather eh, upset about my extended absence from the front lines. We’re still locked in stalemate, but it doesn’t look like it will stay that way for long. The Duke is holding the line, for how long is anyone’s guess. We need to get back, and soon.

Ferelith woke.

Sleeping was still strange to her. She had needed a lot of it when she was human, less when she was an enhanced human, only to heal when she became a vampire, and now as a hybrid it seemed the need for it had returned slightly.

Kyla slept under her quiet as a grave. Ferelith didn’t move. Her sister slept like a taunt bow string. The slightest sound of movement, a slight change in the air and she would be up with all pistons firing. You didn’t live very long in the life of murder and double dealings if you were a heavy sleeper.

“Alright!” The door barged open as the warden came thundering in. Ferelith sat up as Kyla rolled to the floor and came to a crouching stop on all fours like a cat ready to pounce. “Hey hey hey, not so hostile.” He said warningly.

“Besides, your getting those off today.” He said with a smirk. Gesturing to the metal bands that dug into their flesh. “Really?” Ferelith asked with a slight tilt of her head in confusion.

“Absolutely.” He said with a grin. A grin the sisters exchanged worried looks over when his back turned to them and they began the long walk up to the towers entrance from it belly. Fereliths one yellow eye glowed in the darkness as they walked.

“It’s still day light outside. Give her the juice.“ the warden said as they came to an abrupt stop at the entrance.

“No, I can just wear a cloak..I don’t-“ Ferelith began backing away as two guards seized her and held her still a massive shock arched up her spine like a white bolt of lightening.

“I said hold still.” The warden growled dropping his fingers. Smoke was literally coming from Fereliths ears when he approached her. “No biting. I saw what you did to the new guy. I’m keeping my arm.” He said as a syringe of glowing blue substance was jammed into her neck. She sank to the ground arching her back as even the small bits of vampire left in her seemed to slowly vanish. It left her looking like she had before.

A blue tattoo and two piercing blue eyes. It seemed that with an arcane infusion potion she could remove her vampiric disease to almost non existent. Her arcane power at full strength able to power through and keep the disease at bay.

This allowed her to walk during the day with no effects from the son, but for an odd reason, she maintained every other weakness her fellow vampires did. It was only temporary and the more arcane energy she dispensed in speed, strength, and healing...

When it was exhausted the disease would return full force and she became a vampire once more. The hunger immediately latching to her brain. No one wanted to be around when that happened.

The hunger being suppressed and denied for extended period would mean when she changed back she was little more and a feral animal until her thirst was slated. Then she would be a vampire once more and would remain so until another arcane infusion was administered.

The warden had 4 syringes in his hand as he opened the door and led them both out. A glowing phantom chain appearing and connecting the girl by the neck and running to his hand. As they passed the threshold the small metal bands around their hands snapped together. “I thought you said we were getting these off.” Kyla complained as the warden jerked them forward causing her to stumble.

“You are, wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise.” The warden called over his shoulder as he met the knight and the mysterious vigilante. “Well. Here they are. Good fucken luck.” He spat handing the syringes and Heike and the leash lead to Eberwolf. Turning on his heel he almost skipped back to his prison. Life without those two? What could be better. “H-hi Hieke..glad to see you again..” Ferelith said looking at her feet.

“Oh for the love of gods. This is painful.” Kyla said with a groan. “Just go kiss her already and end this suffering you two seem to have here. It’s like pulling out teeth.” Kyla said annoyed. Those that lived in the mountains of her tribe rarely lived long. There was rarely any courting or ceremony. You met, you liked, you married, you screwed, you lived, you died. And often quickly and painfully next to your lover. So watching this was almost offensive. “S-shut up!” Ferelith squeaked was she began trying to swing at Kyla who casually put a hand to her forehead and let her keep swinging at air.

“Wolfy, leech.” She spat at both of them with a cold glare not paying attention to her sister who finally gave up trying to hit her.

Last edited:
  • Wonder
“You are, wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise.” The warden called over his shoulder as he met the knight and the mysterious vigilante. “Well. Here they are. Good fucken luck.” He spat handing the syringes and Heike and the leash lead to Eberwolf. Turning on his heel he almost skipped back to his prison. Life without those two? What could be better.

Eberwolf took the leash with mixed thoughts on the matter. He had a feeling that such a leash was necessary, at least for the slightly more active Ferelith. But at the same time he despised seeing such capable warriors treated like animals in this way. He began to walk to the chamber where they had the replacement manacles waiting, and he made sure that there was plenty of slack in the chain leashes that he held for each of the women.

“Oh for the love of gods. This is painful.” Kyla said with a groan. “Just go kiss her already and end this suffering you two seem to have here. It’s like pulling out teeth.” Kyla said annoyed. Those that lived in the mountains of her tribe rarely lived long. There was rarely any courting or ceremony. You met, you liked, you married, you screwed, you lived, you died.

This particular statement earned an amused cackle from the knight. He made no attempt to hide it. Sadly, his own home's marriage system wasn't much different, and most differences were quite minute. Only you were often married of by your parents, be you man or woman, and you were told to like it. Of course, most couples usually put forth effort, which made it work out quite well more often than not. Eberwolf himself had been married in such a way, to forge an alliance, but such memories often ended in tears, no matter how silent or few they may be.

Upon their arrival into the chamber, the heavy oaken door opened to reveal a table, upon which sat the equipment of each sister, weapons, clothes and all of the items they had on them. On top of each neat pile sat a set of four manacles, with similar but some different enchantments. They had been expensive to produce, but considering that Eberwolf was the Duke-in-waiting, he could cover the expenses.

Two manacles were to go around each ankle, the other two around each wrist. Like the manacles they already wore, when Eberwolf or Heike would snap their fingers, they would snap together behind the wearer, all four of them, leaving the wearer effectively hogtied. They also nullified their superhuman capabilities, except for their healing, so that they could be more easily subdued if the original enchantment was overcome. Other than that, they were all enchanted to magically fit themselves to the wearer, to prevent discomfort and escape alike. They would also compensate for clothes, and would be worn over the armor. They could be removed by Heike and Eberwolf only.

"Here is your last opportunity to change your mind. If either of you wish to turn back, now is the time to do so."

• Love
“I change my mind.” Kyla said. “Would you be quiet.” Ferelith growled as she fired a punch into her right shoulder that made Kyla rock to the left slightly.

As her feet reset and she leaned back to a normal stance she fired a punch back that sent her smaller sister sprawling. “Oh that tears it.” Ferelith would growl as she recovered enough to pounce on her sister and a brawl ensued. Each sister rolling on the ground punching and kicking. Strings of curses in both common and mountain tribe mixing together.

“Stupid mak sa meh.”
“You think you can take me you dola mai lok!” “No biting you little shit stain!”

• Scared
Tossing one of the two leashes to Heike, Eberwolf pulled back sharply on the one that he still held, practically yanking Kyla off of her younger sister. Though their insults were amusing, they didn't have time for this. "Enough! If Kyla wishes to stay, she can. But you will not be wasting time by your idle bantering. Make your decision and make it quickly, we cannot stay longer than another hour. Now choose. Stay, or leave."

• Yay
Well. Here they are. Good fucken luck.

Heike took the syringes from the warden. Stared down at them distrustfully in her clawed hand for a moment. It seemed wrong, the fact that Ferelith should be made to be stabbed with what amounted to a small dagger as a means to merely suppress her affliction; it would have been better never for her to be afflicted at all, but, alas, what was done was done. As unnerving as these "syringes" were (so rare and esoteric were they that previously she had not even known their purpose or their very nomenclature in Common), Heike found the suppression brought on by the strange liquid that was injected via the means of the syringe to be intriguing. The manner by which the liquid was to enter the body was perturbing, yes, but the suppression. Heike did not know if it would work on her, or if the liquid would be harmful or rejected by her body: Ferelith's body was different.

But the suppression. Heike might openly weep if she saw herself again, as she was before her affliction. Heike understood that this would not last, that Ferelith's beautiful blue eyes (it was this color which had always stolen Heike's breath away and commanded her attention) would fade.

And the affliction would come back. Suppression. It was not a cure. Only a fleeting, joyful and sorrowful holiday back into what was, before returning to what is.

Heike brushed the edge of the cloak Eberwolf had gifted her aside and slipped the case of syringes into her coat pocket.

H-hi Heike..glad to see you again..

A small nod from Heike. "Hello again, Ferelith."

...Good to see you. Words unspoken. In a way she was glad too, and in a way she was not. She was glad that, all things considered, Ferelith was doing alright. Her just punishment for her crimes Ferelith endured by necessity of law and order, but to see her suffering the affliction as well, suppression or no suppression...it tore at Heike's still heart. Ferelith had said before, back in the wizard's tower when Heike had in an overwhelming bout of emotion swore to undo the affliction, that no such cure could be found--that Heike had nothing to offer but empty promises. But perhaps Ferelith was mistaken. Kalia Oro Khastan had spoken of a rumor, a merchant--as the rumor went--who had indeed found a cure for himself and banished his affliction. Maybe, just maybe, there was hope...or nothing but dangerous wishful thinking threatening to steal Heike's time.

Kyla had her say--her unwelcome say. Heike just glared at her from under her brow, and deigned not to honor her remarks with a response; Eberwolf, to the contrary, had a small laugh from it. Hopefully, Heike wouldn't have to (as it was said in the uncouth parlance) "catch shit" from Eberwolf as well as Kyla. Then a small sibling spat ensued.

Wolfy, leech.

"Kyla," Heike said, returning a good portion of that coldness back at her.

* * * * *​

They walked to the chamber with the manacles that had been forged and enchanted for this deal. Even to Heike, it almost seemed like too much: the gold and silver rings, the leash chains, and now the manacles. It was true that Heike would think nothing of the sort if all of these safeguards were proven to be necessary, but still--especially the leashes--Heike thought that there was a bare minimum of decorum allowed to even criminals and prisoners. This, coming from a woman who had in the past during her affliction kept criminals bound for months (and until they expired) for her to feed from. They were some of the worst Mankind had to offer, but even though they might be called as much--by others and by Heike herself--they were not truly animals or monsters. Some punishments, in so lacking humanity, cut against the punisher as well.

One last chance. To walk away.

And Kyla changed her mind? Unbelievable. Surely it was a jest, surely.

There wasn't time for this to be seen, however, as the sisters went beyond a simple spat into an outright brawl. Heike didn't want to use the rings just yet, but she held the option clearly and presently in the forefront of mind.

Eberwolf pulled back on Kyla's chain, and Heike--after catching the chain tossed to her--pulled back on Ferelith's. Pulled Ferelith up and back into herself, holding the chain were it terminated at Ferelith's neck and her arm around Ferelith's chest--just underneath her bust--to restrain her and keep her held at bay.

"Hey! Hey! Hey. Let it go, Ferelith," Heike said, almost directly into the girl's ear. "You've made your decision. Your sister needs to make hers."

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger Ferelith Scathach

“I’m not a dog! Don’t yank my leash knight.” Kyla growled as she stood back up. “Or you won’t have an arm for yanking.” She said glaring daggers at the knight looked over her sword and armor.

She missed wearing it.

Ferelith yelped as the tight metal band dug into her flesh further. On instinct she almost struck the holder only to feel an arm round her stomach. Her heartbeat increased noticeably as she felt Heike’s breath in her ear. Pressed against her she gave pause but the shock of closeness was short lived and soon she was fighting to get out of Heikes grasp.

“Let me go! I was winning!” She exclaimed a steadily swelling black eye, broken nose, and missing front teeth compared to Kyla’s completely unmarred appearance told a different story as the older sister dusted her shoulders.

Ferelith calmed at Heikes soothing voice in her ear and she finally relented. Enjoying the closeness once more she even nuzzled Heikes neck for a split second before catching her self and pulling away almost as quickly as she brushed against it. So quickly even Kyla’s keen eyes were blind to it. “Sorry.” She said in such a low whisper barely moving her lips.

This was the woman that had brought her in.Thrown her in a hole and cursed her with a horrible disease. And yet her unconventional beauty, strong morals and kind heart always seemed to hook into Fereliths very soul and pull it up to the surface under the sarcasm, disregard for morals, anger, and fear and reveal her gentle side so effortlessly.

And it burned Ferelith up to no end.

“Choose sister.” Ferelith spat.

“Fine. I’ll go...I guess..” Kyla said After pretending to ponder for a moment before stripping to her under garments.

Her slim frame was well built to say the least. Her tan skin covered a core and arms rippling with the muscle of a hardened warrior.

Old scars from wounds aqquirednd her wolf tattoo told the story of her many battles fought and won. She pulled on her neatly folded clothes and strapped on her belt, knife sheathe, and quiver Ferelith did the same if not somewhat skiddishly.

Embarrassed glances at Heike as she changed quickly. Her smaller frame and paler skin held just as many scars though was not as well built as her sister. Finally Kyla’s massive claymore sat alone on the table. Ferelith having strapped her gear on as well. The tick marks marking kills on the weathered sheathe stood out as she strapped it across her shoulders. It felt good to feel it’s weight again.

Like the touch of an old friend.

Her only friend.

The one thing that had been by her side through everything, hadn’t failed her once, left Her alone or died.

A shiver ran up her spine. “Feels good.” She muttered.

“Ha. And you think I’m the disgrace. When’s the wedding for you and your sword and when can we expect daggers from you two.” Ferelith scoffed. Her wounds from the brawl already healed full leaving her face to reobtain it’s unmarred beauty. Drawing her own blade with practiced grace.

Her claymore hummed through the air as she took a few practices swings with the precision and flourishes of a dance. Almost in a trance like state her “dance” halted quickly and ended abruptly as she suddenly sheathed her blade smoothly.

“Impressed maybe?” She asked her sister who returned it with a smirk.

“Yes yes. The tribe elders would be impressed. You would be the Sh’allk of the blood season just like every year. Bow for them.” She said with a large measure of good natured sarcasm drenching her tone. “That means death walker..” Ferelith said with a smug smirk and a cocky, flirty wink to Heike as if saying “that was for you beautiful.” Kyla would shake her head with a suddenly flick her sister on the nose.

“Hey!” Ferelith snapped with annoyance as her eyes began to water and she held her nose tenderly.
“So that’s what you were doing in your spare time instead of helping me with enforcing debt payments in here?” She said her smirk remaining as Ferelith sighed.

“Fine you caught me. What can I say? It’s a passion.”

“It’s a passion your good at.” Kyla said light heartedly as Fereliths nose faded from red and slightly swollen to normal.

“Oh I know. That’s why I did it.” She said with a smirk. “Leaving you to the rough stuff once a week so I could practice was a small price to pay. Besides..” She grinned with an impish charm that seemed to endear or draw large amounts of ire depending on who it’s directed at. “It did you some good. Getting your hands dirty again.” She giggled dodging another flick.

They were rough with each other even in jest it seemed. “Alright let’s get out of this dump. Smells like dead swamp rat in here.” Ferelith muttered with a disdainful sniff. “Agreed. Now put those stupid things on us.” Kyla grumbled to the knight and the vampire gesturing to the manacles.

Last edited:
“I’m not a dog! Don’t yank my leash knight.” Kyla growled as she stood back up. “Or you won’t have an arm for yanking.” She said glaring daggers at the knight looked over her sword and armor.

"Don't act like one if you do not wish to be treated like one." He answered firmly. He knew that she meant her threat but he also knew that if it came to blows he'd be able to do enough damage to make her rethink her arrogant stance, and since his armor was elven-made, shed find it a great deal harder to get through it, and there would definintely be no biting through it. He met her glare with a clam, even gaze, one that stated quite clearly that he had nothing to fear from her.

“Fine. I’ll go...I guess..” Kyla said After pretending to ponder for a moment before stripping to her under garments.

Her slim frame was well built to say the least. Her tan skin covered a core and arms rippling with the muscle of a hardened warrior.

With her agreement, he released the leash and removed her manacles, giving her the freedom she needed to change. He'd have turned around too and given her some semblance of privacy, but he didn't trust her, that and he was interested in seeing how well she was built. He was not disappointed, he barely stopped himself from nodding in approval when he saw how well she had taken care of herself.

“Ha. And you think I’m the disgrace. When’s the wedding for you and your sword and when can we expect daggers from you two.” Ferelith scoffed. Her wounds from the brawl already healed full leaving her face to reobtain it’s unmarred beauty. Drawing her own blade with practiced grace.

He had barely seen them at all, and already the sisters had a talent for amusing him. Ferelith's little comment earned another laugh from the knight. He hadn't had a good laugh in gods know how long, he had a feeling that they would be increasingly more amusing the more they bantered. "That is something I'd love to see."

“That means death walker..” Ferelith said with a smug smirk and a cocky, flirty wink to Heike as if saying “that was for you beautiful.” Kyla would shake her head with a suddenly flick her sister on the nose.

This time he didn't laugh, barely. He had a feeling that this kind of thing would become a running joke with Kyla, teasing and taunting her sister and Heike, and he'd rather not betray his interest in such teasing too early. But he could not stop himself from smiling in amusment, thankfully he still wore his helmet.

They were rough with each other even in jest it seemed. “Alright let’s get out of this dump. Smells like dead swamp rat in here.” Ferelith muttered with a disdainful sniff. “Agreed. Now put those stupid things on us.” Kyla grumbled to the knight and the vampire gesturing to the manacles.

Eberwolf picked up the four rings, starting with the anklets, he crouched to lock them firmly around Kyla's ankles, which they magically fitted themselves to. They would not be uncomfortably tight, but they would leave no room for movement, they were firmly in place. Then the other two were locked around her wrists. Heike was allowed to do it to Ferelith.

Another precious cherishing granted by the suppression: a heartbeat. Heike could feel it in Ferelith's chest as she restrained her. Hers beat, yet Heike's remained still.

A brief wrestling to free herself from Heike's grasp. But Heike held her back, as Eberwolf likewise held Kyla. It wouldn't do to have this month's worth of time--now that they were practically on the cusp of having the sisters join in the battle to push back the vampiric army--thrown away for nothing if the sisters tore at themselves and rendered either through injury or persuasion one or both of them unable or unwilling.

It was then that Heike nearly felt her own heart flutter, yet she knew that such was nothing more than a phantom echo of a bygone time. Ferelith nuzzled--quite clearly by intent, it was no accident--her neck. The contact, the closeness, the contrast of the tenderness of the motion and softness of her hair against the roughness of Heike pulling on the chain fastened about her neck and hardness of her grip across Ferelith's chest, was arresting. Another brief alighting of redness flashed in Heike's cheeks. She maintained her resolve, her firm nobility and stern stance needed in the tense moment, but that fleeting touchy of intimacy--that which was made rare to the point of nonexistence in the wake of her affliction--was welcome.

Sorry.

Don't be
; the words, there, at the edge of her tongue, begging to be said. Yet Heike held them in. Restrained them as she restrained Ferelith herself.

And Ferelith prompted Kyla to make her decision. Tepid as it seemed, her sister agreed yet again. Good. Sir Eberwolf had mentioned that his Duke was already displeased with the amount of time spent on this gambit and not being present in the front lines of the Duchy's conflict itself. Best they return there with something to show for their efforts: two very capable (if dangerous) warriors, worth far more than a number of average foot soldiers.

Heike released Ferelith then as Eberwolf released Kyla, and the sisters set about donning their old clothes and reequipping their possessions. Heike averted her gaze, looking directly at Eberwolf as opposed to the sisters, allowing for both of them a touch of modesty. Herr Dieter Roth, along with a silently nodding Herr Elias Schulze, would have both sided with Eberwolf on the matter, and kept an eye on the sisters. Their views would have been that vigilance and pragmatism overrode the normal concerns of modesty in a situation such as this, and that, even so, proper accordance with a knight's dignity--both for him/herself and for his /her charge--could be maintained: that one's eyes needed only be cautiously watchful, and not lustful.

Heike, tacitly disagreeing with the memory of her former knight-superiors, kept her gaze averted anyway. She knew why.

She looked back only when the sound of rustling clothes and garments and armors had ceased.

A brief smile nudged at the edge of Heike's mouth when Ferelith fired off a remark of her own to her sister, standing up for herself and "getting even" for Kyla's earlier jab in the cell. And, despite herself (and likely to the chagrin of Herr Dieter and Herr Elias if they could have seen it), Heike winked back to Ferelith. Even in the midst of Heike's own mild chastisement rumbling in the back of mind for an inappropriate relation between knight and charge, she enjoyed the gesture; it brought back the feel of a more innocent and joyful time, more so with Gunther before her knighting than with Maria after.

Heike went along with Eberwolf to collect a set of manacles from the table in the chamber. He went to Kyla to attach hers, and Heike went to Ferelith.

"Stand still," Heike said. A command, ostensibly, but its steely core was noticeably soft around the edges.

Heike crouched down. Attached and locked one manacle to her left ankle, then its twin to her right. She stood then. Looked at Ferelith.

"Present your wrists."

Carefully as she had been with the anklets, Heike was likewise wary of her claws and accidentally causing Ferelith harm as she attached the manacles; she had become incredibly proficient with using the sides of her fingers, rather than the sharp clawed ends, to manipulate things. One manacle secured about Ferelith's left wrist, and then the other about her right. Locked.

Heike touched and held the manacles on both her wrists then, and asked, "How are they? They should not be too tight. It would not be well for your effectiveness to be hindered."

Or for you to suffer.

Ferelith frowned as Heike commanded her. It was not harsh by any means, but it was a stark reminder of what her and Heikes relationship truly was.

Captor and Captrued.

The just and the condemned.

“No they’re fine.” She said some what stiffly. For all her affection Heike had ever only hinted a possible attraction. The returned wink had made Fereliths heart sing only to be quickly smacked back to earth doubly hard. flinched as the manacles snapped shut.

It had been jarring and she suddenly didn’t feel to well. She felt heavy.

“Ha so that’s what these do.” Kyla chuckled though looking slightly worried her self. “Fine wolfy. Send us to our deaths with no extra strength. These things better come off. Five years plus any extra will basically clear my name and drop my sentence down to nothing.”

“I got no reason to run. Besides.” She said with a gesture over her shoulder at Ferelith.

“Her. She is incredibly aggressive and I spend most of my time keeping her alive more than I am killing.” Kyla scoffed.

“Honestly I really don’t even think I even can die Kyla.” Ferelith said with a pondering expression.

“Especially not me. Being a vampire and all or...whatever it is I am..” She said with a giggle.

“Oh gods I hope you can die.” Kyla said chuckle as she had the knight put on her own manacles. “And besides that unpleasant thought handsome..you saw me. When will I get to see you..It’s only fair..” She said with a sultry grin spreading across her face. Her shackled hands playfully pulling at his helmet without truly attempting to take it off. She was toeing the line.

• Yay
“Oh gods I hope you can die.” Kyla said chuckle as she had the knight put on her own manacles. “And besides that unpleasant thought handsome..you saw me. When will I get to see you..It’s only fair..” She said with a sultry grin spreading across her face. Her shackled hands playfully pulling at his helmet without truly attempting to take it off. She was toeing the line.

He stepped back just out of her reach, he knew what she was doing, and he’d let her gat away with it this time, while telling her not to do it again. But he would also oblige her, everyone’s face had been seen, except his.

“I see. I suppose I have been a little too stiff with that.” He said, then he removed his greathelm and revealed his face. He was, as she said, handsome, in an “I’ve killed more than half the people I’ve met” kind of way. His features were sharp and broad, his hair was short and blond and his eyes were a dark blue. He looked almost elven, although he was much too stocky even in his face. He had to pull of his mail coif for his hair to be seen. “If you meant see me in a less concealing way, then you only have to wait until our legion comes to a stream or lake. But enough about that.” He pulled his coif back up and redonned his helm. “We have a war to attend.”

And so, with that note, Eberwolf lead them back out of the prison, to a cart where his horse, Thunder, was hooked up to a cart, and none too happy about it. That was their ticket to the warfront.

(Are we going to do a couple of scenes for their trip or just skip it entirely?”

• Yay
No they're fine.

Heike nodded. Let go of the manacles clapped about her wrists. Said, "Alright."

Her tone had changed, Ferelith's. Sounded almost hurt, in opposition to what it had been moments before and back in their cell. In opposition even to the range of emotion she had exhibited back in Rennegast's tower. And for Heike, it was such a difficult position to be placed in. It was only right that she maintain a stolid and dignified distance, accord herself here and in all situations with the decorum of her station as a knight. But her relationship with Ferelith was more complicated than that of arbiter of law and order and guilty charge. For Heike had brought upon Ferelith her terrible affliction, and--in lieu of finding a mythical cure--it was all she could do to close the distance prescribed by her station, to comfort and ease Ferelith's woes as best she could. And spread across the length of this rope, this rope tugged back and forth between prescribed distance and comforting closeness, the kindling of attraction, set to burst into flame should Heike allow it.

That pining for an altered time, a different set of circumstances, was painful--as all vain hopes and wishes were.

And, as if prompted by Heike's thoughts on the matter, a tangible instance of suggested improper relation. Kyla, with a certain kind of grin and compliment directed toward Sir Eberwolf, asked to see him as he had seen her. An argument of fairness which was not applicable between them.

Eberwolf, in a cordial middle-ground rooted in formality, obliged her only so far as taking off his helm. He had the blonde hair and blue eyes that were of particular fancy to Heike, which, topically, was a major source of the aforementioned kindling of attraction to Ferelith.

We have a war to attend.

Heike nodded. She was oathbound to tell the truth of Ferelith's and Kyla's deeds in this endeavor. And it was all she could do to help them serve their penance for their past crimes. Crimes spurred on by a tragic, awful childhood that they both were made to suffer, but crimes nonetheless. Heike could only relate the truth of their deeds to Bronmarch and by extension the greater interests of Elbion and Allira; it was they who would deem the appropriate compensatory reduction in years from their prison sentences.

And Heike, secretly in a deep wishing, dared to hope that Ferelith's deeds might be enough for her release.

* * * * *​

They were almost there. Another day or two, perhaps, to the Kinniger Duchy.

Resting for the night now. Thunder and the attached cart pulled off the road and into the brush at the side. Their modest camp set up under the stars of the cloudless sky. Sir Eberwolf and Kyla had to eat, and, despite wanting to be one of that mortal company, Heike did not. She had not fed since they left Alliria, and she had already drank the blood in her belt vials, and now the thirst was beginning to scratch at her throat. Not bad, but bothersome--it would have been worse if she had wounds to heal, or had spent blood for enhanced physicality. And--perhaps as it certainly had been with Captain Bronmarch--Sir Eberwolf surely knew the weight of bringing Heike (Ferelith, if not for the syringes) to his Duchy and her associated need. A need she would have to satiate somehow.

Heike went to Ferelith in the camp. Sat beside her if she was sitting; stood next to her if she was standing.

"Ferelith," she said. "How are you feeling?" She tapped the case of syringes in her coat pocket. "Is the suppression holding?"

Sir Eberwolf Kinniger Ferelith Scathach

They were nearing the border. It had been a few weeks of travel to more mountainous and heavily forested regions where his father's domain resided. They were now in the foothills, the roads were winding more sharply and more frequently than before. The weeks had been mostly good weather, damp but not set, and with semi-dark clouds blanketing the sky giving off the best light. Eberwolf loved this weather, it reminded him of the grey, stormy skies of home that brought nourishment and destruction in equal parts. Lightning was a common thing to see, and men on the ramparts in higher places have been known to be incinerated by the silent strike followed by an echoing boom.

Eberwolf sat hunched over a cookfire, cooking the only thing he knew how to cook, meat. He had more meat in his diet than anything else, it made sense since he was burning protein and fats in excess day in day out. The steak sizzled, such a satisfying sound, and it needed it's completion. Over the weeks they had traveled, he had subtly been paying attention to how Kyla preferred her meat, and subtly tried to make it that way for her when he cooked. He doubted that he was very stealthy, subtlety was not his strong suit, in fact he was not very good at sneaking at all so far as his attention and words were concerned. So he was quite sure that she had already caught him, but that didn't stop him, he wasn't the most tactful man, but he had always made it a point to keep his team happy.

Once he was certain that he had gotten it right, he pulled it off the fire and put it on one of the wooden plates that they had for their travels and set it down next to Kyla, before he began cooking his steak. He wanted to start a conversation, but he wasn't sure what about.

• Yay
“It’s fine.” She snapped. Her fangs glistening in firelight. The one thing even the powerful suppression couldn’t repair. Branded even in disguise. “You’ll be the first to know when your prisoner requires aid handler.” She said scathingly. “Leave me be..leech..” The final word given a harsher tone than those said affectionately in the past. It hurt her heart to say. Yet setting her jaw against the apologies trying to break from her lips she looked almost defensive. It hurt her heart to be curt but in this way she limited the pain of what could be and the harsh truth of what was. She glanced at her sister who seemed thoroughly enjoying her flirtatious conversation with the knight.

Everything came so easy to her.

Her cheeks burned as she looked away from Heike. Not wanting the further embarrassment of having to look the woman in the eye.

The ground was her desired object of scrutiny it seemed. She opened her mouth to speak once more only to stand and turn away opting to sit next to her sister.

“you know how I like it. I’ve noticed.” She said with a slight smirk. Tearing into the meat. “Do you fancy me or are you just being yourself? Maybe both?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. Ferelith came over prompting Kyla to give the knight a glance.

“We can talk later..” She said with a flirtatious smirk.

“Thank you for the meat...So lovers quarrel? Can’t figure out whether to split some ones neck or get your own each?” She said turning to Ferelith who simply stared at the fire. “Not now Kyla.” She said warningly.

“Fine..fine.” Kyla said holding her hands up in surrender. “Well make up with her. You’ll need to feed together soon. Might as wellnot make it awkward.” Kyla said matter of factly after swallowing another mouthful.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” She snapped back but sighed knowing the wisdom in her sister logic.

• Yay
"Very well."

Heike maintained her stolid expression when Ferelith's words turned to venom. Kept that same steel when she called her a "leech" again. It was agony. Pure agony. Unlike every other guilty man or woman Heike had found during her vigilantism, Ferelith's anger was completely justified. And it was eclipsing the tenderness and forgiveness she had previously shown.

Was it a fool's errand? To think herself capable of consoling Ferelith, when she had been the one who had brought the affliction upon her? To think that, maybe, her attraction to Ferelith could go beyond the reserved and restrained quality it had now? Heike was fond of her gorgeous blue eyes, her lustrous blonde hair, and she admired her indomitable spirit and found her humor to be endearing, her gentle side (when she showed it) to spark a phantom warmth of affection. And, sworn to the truth as she was, Heike found it cute when Ferelith blushed in her presence; it was the sort of womanly thoughts she used to have before her affliction.

Hence the agony, when said blushing happened and yet Ferelith retreated away to sit by her sister. Heike just followed her with her gaze for a moment.

Keeping her own personal feelings aside, Heike went to the edge of the camp's firelight. Stood by the parked cart. Crossed her arms with her palms to her elbows and her claws lightly gracing the torn sleeves of her shirt and her coat. Her eyes pierced through the dark of night and she kept watch.

Behind her, she heard Kyla and Sir Eberwolf...being cordial in a way Herr Dieter and Herr Elias would disapprove of. She heard Ferelith once more sparring with her sister.

And Heike was silently encouraging in her mind when Ferelith stood up to her elder sister. Showing again that lovely spirit of hers.

“you know how I like it. I’ve noticed.” She said with a slight smirk. Tearing into the meat. “Do you fancy me or are you just being yourself? Maybe both?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. Ferelith came over prompting Kyla to give the knight a glance.

“We can talk later..” She said with a flirtatious smirk.

He gave her what was supposed to be a blank stare. Whether or not he did fancy her was something that even he was pondering, unsure of. He was also suspicious of her flirtatious words, especially since the fast majority of their interaction had been more probing the other's weaknesses and discerning how best to kill the other. That and she had threatened him on a number of occasions, he wasn't necessarily frightened by them, but he knew that she was serious, which made him hesitant to trust her.

"We can if you want to. I've always made it a point to keep my team happy, and their spirits up, so long as discipline is maintained." He says as his own meat cooks. He preferred tough meat, he liked it dark, tough and chewy. It was as he was removing his helmet that Ferelith came over looking all huffy.

“Thank you for the meat...

"Anytime." He said plainly.

• Popcorn
“Go now sister.” Kyla said after they had talked for a moment noticing Heike going off by herself. “You hurt her feelings.” Kyla said with a chuckle nudging her sister who glanced up from the fire.

“I don’t care. She holds little regard for the state of mine.” She snapped.

“Ah little Gunhild. She is bound by duty.” Kyla said with a knowing sigh.

“She can not bring herself to be plain. Expecting her to violate her beliefs for the sake of your feelings is selfish.” Kyla said staring into the fire along side her sister. “How!? I changed my beliefs, my behavior, She drops crumbs of slight approval but..I won’t be dragged along.” Ferelith said huffily pulling her knees to her chin. “Then tell her and make peace with the result. Don’t carry on in this way.” Kyla said gently.

“Fine, but Nothing will come of it.” Ferelith grumbled standing she walked towards the vampire. “There now we can talk.” Kyla said as she glanced at the knight. “I unlike those two am much less complicated. I like strong men like you. Handsome. Bold, and of prime mating age. I’m interested to say the least, but I would know your feelings on the matter. And possibly know more about you.” Kyla said matter of factly staring the knight directly in the eye. The fire reflected from her sparkling green eyes. “I admit my feelings towards you have not always been so cordial, but after seeming your face, and with looming battle...ones resolve to die alone can weaken. I am not stone. And I felt your roving eye. I noticed the approval. Thus a feeling in my chest has been kindled. An interest that I feel should be expressed.” She finished waiting for the knights reply. A flirty smile playing across her features.

Ferelith moves to stand next to Heike.

“L-listen..” She began before her words failed her. The eyes of the vampire pulling her in and her unconvential beauty thing her younger into knots.

“My sister is better at these things..I have no words that I could say to your face...I..” she paused. Words refusing to come to her tongue.Her fists clenched in frustration as emotions rose but lacked the power to break the surface.

“I’ve never met someone like you. I hate you. And have every right to but still..” She suddenly moved and pulled Heike into an embrace standing on her top toes and kissed her cheek.

It was a simple gesture. Ferelith has neverdone something so tender in her life. This was a woman that pulled arms from sockets, rendered flesh to ribbons and bones to dust..and yet this moment of her gentle side being given to Heike like a gift when words would simply not do.

“I think I love you more than I could ever hate you..” She whispered so quietly Heike her self would struggle to hear. The final admission of her feelings left a weight free to fall from her shoulders.

Her embrace tightened as they pressed against each other. Fereliths beating heart to Heikes still. She continued.

“I think about you, I care if your near and worry for you when you leave. Do you feel this way as well..this..this not knowing is driving me insane please.. just give me your answer so I may end this feeling eating my stomach..” She said with a catch in hertone like a small sob.

• Love
Heike maintained her watch. Certainly it was much easier to do than when she was a squire, with a full day's worth of exhaustion pulling at her eyelids, and truly only the drive to do the right thing mixed with the terror of being caught derelict of duty by one of her knight-superiors keeping her awake until she was relieved. Now she was terribly adept at it. Had kept nightly watch over the course of their journey from Alliria to the Kinniger Duchy. And, naturally, the closer they came to the embattled Duchy, the more relevant such nightly watches became.

And, as such, Heike heard the conversation behind her around the campfire, but didn't really hear it. Words were spoken but non-specific to her ear. She kept her attention focused on the landscape around them, on the contours of the foothills and the shape of the trees; that world of grays and whites, drained of color in the darkness to her eyes, but visible. Her vigilance stalwart.

So it was something of a surprise when Ferelith more or less appeared beside her. Heike glanced to the side, over at her, curious as to what she might say. Perhaps she wasn't fine, as she had said. Perhaps the suppression was waning and she knew it. Perhaps she was...afraid. Terrified. Horrified. As she had been back in her refuge after Rennegast's Tower. And Heike could be a shoulder for her to lean on.

L-listen..

Heike blinked. But watched her. Open and receptive.

I've never met someone like you. I hate you. And have every right to but still..

And then something extraordinary happened. Something Heike thought to be forever lost. Something that she yearned for ever since the loss of her body's warmth and the cessation of her heart, ever since the day she was turned and rendered a monster and thus cast out by her fellow men and women of Arethil.

Blood filled Heike's cheeks (a pale pink, given her current lack). The only warmth that which lingered from Ferelith's lips. And she let her arms unfold and slowly return the embrace to Ferelith. Careful to press only her palms against her back.

I think I love you more than I could ever hate you..

Love you. Those words, near inaudible like the rest, yet to Heike clearer than them all. It was what she thought to be lost: the capacity to be loved. Someone who did, truly, love her as Gunther had. As Maria had. Before tragedy befall them both.

I think about you, I care if your near and worry for you when you leave. Do you feel this way as well...

Heike smiled. Lifted her hands slowly up from Ferelith's back. Pressed one hand lightly to the back of her neck, the other to her forehead, gently coaxing Ferelith's head to tilt upward. Her palms slid to Ferelith's cheeks, cupping her beautiful face between abhorrent hands.

And Heike leaned her head down and kissed Ferelith tenderly. Her heart in its deathly stillness could not convey the joy in the way that Ferelith's heart could, but the tiny gatherings of tears at the edges of her closed eyes carried in them the truth.

Heike held the kiss for a long, deep, blissful time.

Then she gave voice to the truth upon briefly parting her lips from Ferelith's. Quiet, passionate whispers, "Yes. Yes, Ferelith, I do."

She needn't be sworn under an Oath to express this. This giving of herself. This likewise baring of vulnerability. In this moment all her formal concerns of stately knighthood and rigid appropriateness and adamant decorum went fleeting from her mind.

And she let a hand drift down to Ferelith's back and the other behind Ferelith's head and held her and leaned back in to press her lips against Ferelith's once more and kiss her with a crackling intensity and lose herself in a blossoming, unlikely, forbidden love.