Private Tales The Silence of Bones

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Everleigh shook her head, no she couldn’t fly. Kalix, despite only have two brain cells, would have been very useful in this predicament. Could have busted the ceiling and then made the initiates light enough to just float up to the ceiling. Of course, neither her nor Alistair had such power. This didn’t mean that Everleigh didn’t have a plan.

“I think throwing us would be overdoing it for you, Al.” Everleigh said lightly, not wanting to offend but at the same time, while her toxin was numbing him it didn’t make him invincible. She wouldn’t want to push him past him limits. “Neither of us can fly and unfortunately I can only move poison telekinetically when I’m at my best… which I’m not.” She shrugged, looking around.

“First, we break the ceiling. Next, we launch ourselves out of here.” She glanced over at Alistair. “You think you got magic in you to make some fire?” She asked with a grin. “Because I have the perfect way to make an explosion.” Her eyes began glowing gold, and she gestured around them. “Plenty of fabric to soak in alcohol and if I mix in some phosphorus with a minor explosion rune on a rock— if you can supply the fire then that ceiling will be gone.”

Alistair Krixus

Alistair was actually glad that Evie had an idea for this because he was confident that he would have passed out had he had to get them out of there.

The numbing to wash over his body was doing its best, but it wasn't perfect. He could still feel some of the more apparent injuries on his body.

"Fire? Yeah, I can do that."

He did not even need to make a full explosion rune. Alistair pulled out an enchanted knife that he used as a fire starter when he was out in the field. This would remove the need for the incendiary aspect of the rune. It saves time, but more importantly, it saved energy.

Al went to work as he focused on carving the edited rune into the ground. He had to make sure the explosion was focused as much as possible so as not to harm them. It did not take too long before Alistair looked back up.

"Alright, that should be it."

Everleigh Ebersol

Everleigh also got to work as well, pulling out a dagger to cut at the soft skin at the palm of her hand. Blood welled forth and the initiate went over to the plethora of dead bodies. She ripped at their fabric, soon enough wetting the clothes evenly with her blood— blood that was no longer blood but instead a pungent alcohol, the strongest that the poison eater knew over. Soon enough she went to where Alistair was working. Despite his injuries she noted how nimble his fingers still were, how straight and precise his lines were as he made the rune and imbued it with magic.

“You’re quite talented, Al.” She said, splaying the drenched fabric over and around. Hopefully it would be enough, at least just enough to get that ceiling falling. She was hoping with the recent earth quakes that the ground was no longer sturdy. But it caused her to pause. They were missing something.

Everleigh nodded her head, and then stepped away, tearing at dirty fabric from her tunic to wrap her bleeding hand in. There was a decent sized rock, bigger than her head, and she picked it up, carrying it with two hands. With a bit of time and work, the large rock was wrapped with the alcohol-drenched fabric. She had also done her best to copy Alistair’s rune, however she hadn’t realized that his knife was special.

“Let her fly.” Everleigh said, giving her enough space from what was essentially a bomb.

Alistair Krixus

Alistair was finished up when Everleigh came over with her portion of the plan. He looked at the blood-drenched rags, but the smell quickly made it apparent what they were.

He looked up in surprise at the compliment but quickly shook his head dismissing it.

"I'm not talented. Some of you are, but they have just had me making these things since I was little. It would almost be impossible to not get a little good at it." He explained with a soft chuckle.

The 'skill' of rune magic was just a formula, and once you knew the formula then t was just repetitive. The real challenge came when you started introducing new numbers and symbols into existing formulas. That was where the potential for greatness and disaster lay.

He could not stop himself from checking over his work one last time before he looked up with a smile and set off the rune. The explosion quickly flung the rock into the air as the alcohol and ignition mixed together in their chemical reaction.

Everleigh Ebersol