Private Tales The Friend of the Fire Eaters

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Oh she wasn’t relaxed, she had been a nervous mess before, and while she was still flustered easily, now that they had laid together she was definitely more comfortable around him. And her meekness hadn’t changed. She sat next to him and handed him a bowl. “Basically the same as yesterday, I just added more herbs and meat with less blood so that it’s a little less soupy. I hoped that it would be to your liking.”

• Sip
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis began to sip the blood soup, the got substance burned his lips a little but he managed to gulped down a considerable amount. The young man internally groaned as his throat flared up taking in the hot and sweet Blood Soup. Willis should've been more patient in eating his food instead guzzling it down like some a Troll drinking a bottle of Vodka. "It's pretty good," Willis said coughing. "Anyway are you ready to find the Asmodeus?"

• Yay
Reactions: Ghivri
"It's pretty good," Willis said coughing

She giggled. “It’s terrible isn’t it?” You don’t need to lie to spare my feelings.”

She stood up and strapped on her quiver of throwing spears, picking up her shield and her spear. She stood, chest out and barely clad, “well, let’s go see about finding that Fire Lion. This time, you’ll catch it off guard.”

• Popcorn
Willis placed on his Cutlass and belt breathing deeply, he hadn't faced the Asmodeus in a while it was best to remain calm and collected especially once they meet the Demon. "Ready to go," Willis said opening the flap. "Let's talk to the Chief first about where the warriors went and....." The young man reached over and gave Ghivri a kiss on the cheek. "That soup was great."

Let's talk to the Chief first about where the warriors went and....." The young man reached over and gave Ghivri a kiss on the cheek. "That soup was great."

“Agreed, then we can cover the areas that aren’t checked ye...” then he kissed her. Which shut her up pretty quick. “Um, thanks. I appreciate it. I wonder if I might figure out how to make food without that much blood. Wouldn’t that be something?”

They went to the chieftain who informed them that the site of the original attack was left alone for them. And they could go there to track where it went next.

• Popcorn
Willis was surprised when the chieftain said that the place where he was attacked was free to only he and Ghivri. One would think that a hunter would investigate the last place a Monster appeared but Willis shouldn't question the Fire Eaters' methods especially when he found out that they've fought the Asmodeus for generations. "Sounds good," Willis said staring at Ghivri. "Let's go."

After a few hours of walking, the two of them arrived at the site where Willis was assualted by the Asmodeus. The ground was charred with the beast's flames as claw marks and dried blood dominated the floor. "Let's look around shall we?" the young man said.

Upon arrival, Ghivri began to look around the area, looking over the scotch and claw marks, looking for the direction in which the creature went. Of course, a creature of fire in a grassland wasn’t difficult to track, but this also meant that the Fire Lion would be expecting to be followed. So they also stood a good chance of being ambushed by the monster. “So William, why don’t you tell me about your home? I would like to know about the outside world.”

• Sip
"Not William," Willis chuckled kneeling next to the claw marks. "Willis and.... I have no home I'm just a Vagabond destined to roam the world." At one time Willis would've considered Alliria his home but there was just too many bad childhood memories for him to say it. Besides Alliria was where the boy lived, whimpering and weak crying for his mother who beat and spat at him. The boy would've said that Alliria was his home but not Willis.

There was a way to track the Asmodeus' lair but Willis would need a sample of his fur or some of its blood to create a potion to track the Demon's magical scent. "Gonna need some fur or the creature's blood," Willis said. "I can quickly create potion so I can track the Asmodeus' magical scent."

• Yay
"Not William," Willis chuckled kneeling next to the claw marks. "Willis and.... I have no home I'm just a Vagabond destined to roam the world."

She hung her head slightly, “sorry. My mistake. I’m sorry to hear that you have no home to return to. It must be lonely. I don’t know if I’d be able to live without a home to look forward to returning to. Though I suppose you can’t miss what you don’t have either. Either way, I’m sorry.”

"Gonna need some fur or the creature's blood," Willis said. "I can quickly create potion so I can track the Asmodeus' magical scent."

“Oh! What are the ingredients to this potion? I may not be an alchemist like the woman who healed you, but I can easily recognize things, plants, animals or insects. Just tell me what to look for and I can find it for you.”

• Popcorn
Willis frowned spotting a few strands of red hair near the bushes. "I'm gonna need Juniper branches," he explained. "As well as red leaves and purified water also keep an eye out for any pieces of fur, blood or a loose claw that was on the Asmodeus. The more parts of the Demon that we have, the stronger will be."

• Yay
"I'm gonna need Juniper branches," he explained. "As well as red leaves and purified water also keep an eye out for any pieces of fur, blood or a loose claw that was on the Asmodeus. The more parts of the Demon that we have, the stronger will be."

“Difficult things to find in these lands, but not impossible. The purified water will be a problem. It’s very difficult to find water to begin with. And we’ll need the shaman in order to purify it.” She said gazing carefully across the ground. She didn’t see fur for a minute, but eventually found some.

• Sip
Willis took out a vial that was in his black bag and carefully placed the strands of hair into it. "It'll take a while to get back to the Shaman," Willis said. "We're just going to have to find some purified water." Well that was easier said than done, purified watering holes are very rare in Arethril and are often guarded by Water Weirds who often were the ones who purifies lakes and even puddles. Thankfully the Steppe does have the most spots but finding them will be tricky.

"Do you know of any Water Weird sightings?" Willis asked Ghivri.

• Yay
"It'll take a while to get back to the Shaman," Willis said. "We're just going to have to find some purified water."

She shrugged, “if you say so. But where would we find purified water at all, or just plain water for that matter. We may just need to wait until it rains for that.”

"Do you know of any Water Weird sightings?" Willis asked Ghivri.

“No, not really. Our northern neighbors might, but they may not be willing to give any information to us easily. Our relationship with them is... tense to say the least. But they may be willing to help in return for another favor.”

• Sip
Willis frowned looks like they'll be meeting other tribes then? Who knows if they're friendly or not but Ghivri's implications suggested that the other tribes aren't so willing to let them access the location. "I could bribe them," the young man said. "Perhaps they can trade some goods or something."

• Yay
"I could bribe them," the young man said. "Perhaps they can trade some goods or something."

“Possibly, but they will charge a high price for even a little water. It is a precious resource around here, and while we get regular rain, ponds or lakes are rare, so we can’t exactly just give it away for a cheap price, no one can. And since you’re an outsider, they’ll possibly even prove hostile. But we can give it a try.”

• Popcorn
"Can't say I'm surprised," Willis said crossing his arms perhaps if he could convince the tribe that the Asmodeus endangers the tribes surrounding its territory he could lessen the price. "Where's the nearest tribe?" the young man asked. "The sooner we can complete this potion, the sooner we can track the Asmodeus and kill it."

• Yay
"Can't say I'm surprised," Willis said crossing his arms perhaps if he could convince the tribe that the Asmodeus endangers the tribes surrounding its territory he could lessen the price. "Where's the nearest tribe?" the young man asked. "The sooner we can complete this potion, the sooner we can track the Asmodeus and kill it."

“I’ll take you. It’s a trek but it won’t take more than a few hours if we keep up a steady pace.” She said gesturing for him to follow her. And since there was nothing better to do in the meantime, she let her hips sway a bit more than usual. Now that he had laid claim to her, she was much more comfortable showing herself off to him.

• Popcorn
"What's the tribe called?" Willis asked following Ghivri his mind lingered on the warriors who were supposed to hunt the Asmodeus. Were they going to be okay? Willis certainly hoped so. He knows that the Fire Eaters are more than capable but still he had doubts. The young man then was taking in by Ghivri's hips swaying left and right as he began to smirk but didn't say anything.

• Yay
"What's the tribe called?"

“They’re called Hakatchin.” She explained. “We’ve had an uneasy peace for a while now, and neither of our tribes are fond of the other.”

The young man then was taking in by Ghivri's hips swaying left and right as he began to smirk but didn't say anything.

She felt his eyes on her, and grinned. She kept her eyes on the ground for any of the ingredients they needed. She found one of the ingredients in the form of hair, bright red hair, Asmodeus hair. She took the opportunity to bend over and stick her butt straight up in front of him.

• Thoughtful
Willis felt his entire face redden the moment Ghivri stuck her butt for him to see. All of a sudden this woman was such a tease which was strange considering last night she felt uncomfortable with Willis' advances. Maybe a night of fucking really can change a person's perspective afterall. "So who are the Hakatchin?" Willis asked raising an eyebrow he was trying to ignore Ghirvri's obvious attempts to attract Willis for the sake of the job. "What do they do?"

• Yay
Willis felt his entire face redden the moment Ghivri stuck her butt for him to see. All of a sudden this woman was such a tease which was strange considering last night she felt uncomfortable with Willis' advances. Maybe a night of fucking really can change a person's perspective after

That was indeed the case. She had been nervous because she had never been approached before, and wasn’t sure of what such a relationship would bring. Now she knew, and thanks to her people’s traditions and laws, she was his, and therefore had no reason to be nervous around him, and so she wasn’t. Why should she hesitate to show him what he has already seen, and taken.

"So who are the Hakatchin?" Willis asked raising an eyebrow he was trying to ignore Ghirvri's obvious attempts to attract Willis for the sake of the job. "What do they do?"

She stood up with the ingredient, and handed it to him. “This is one of the ingredients isn’t it?”

“The Hakatchin are the Lake Keepers. They have five villages, all under a council of five chieftains and shamans, and they guard it fiercely. They, like the rest of the tribes around here, are experienced fighters. And they are quite good at it. Tensions between us and them have threatened to snap for a while now. The only real reason we haven’t gone to war yet is because we’d probably kill each other off. That’s why it won’t be easy to get that water.

• Sip
Willis crossed his arms frowning a bit "so Fire Eaters and Lake Keepers," the young man mused. "What's next you're going to tell me there's an air and earth tribe?" It wouldn't surprise Willis in the slightest if both were true. Not many people venture in the Steppes what Willis had heard from the place was mostly stories and legends. What stuck out to him were that the Steppes was where the Giant Elephants reside something that placed Willis in awe as a child, he always wanted to ride a Giant Elephant and create a house on its back.

"Well," the young man said placing a hand on Ghivri's exposed shoulder. "Lead the way then."

• Yay
Willis crossed his arms frowning a bit "so Fire Eaters and Lake Keepers," the young man mused. "What's next you're going to tell me there's an air and earth tribe?"

“Don’t be silly! There’s the Stormbringers, the Grassweavers and the Boneshapers, Earth and air, how rediculous!” She said hiding her mischievous smile and barely holding in laughter.

"Well," the young man said placing a hand on Ghivri's exposed shoulder. "Lead the way then.”

She nodded. “Will do.”

She continued to walk. She kept ahead of him and made sure they were going the right way. “So how did you become a monster hunter.”

• Popcorn
A chuckle escaped Willis' mouth, he had a feeling that more elemental based tribes existed. It just seems that if there was a fire tribe then there has to be a water tribe and so on and so forth. "I was staying at a tavern on my way to Elbion," Willis said. "Near the border of Oban I was drunk off my ass and was flirting up barmaids until I stumbled on an offer by the Monster Hunters on the notice board. They promised gold and a lifetime of adventure and excitement. Considering I loved all three, I immediately headed to the Seret Mountains where the Monster Hunters' base of operations was located."

• Yay
"I was staying at a tavern on my way to Elbion," Willis said. "Near the border of Oban I was drunk off my ass and was flirting up barmaids until I stumbled on an offer by the Monster Hunters on the notice board. They promised gold and a lifetime of adventure and excitement. Considering I loved all three, I immediately headed to the Seret Mountains where the Monster Hunters' base of operations was located."

“An interesting start. Do you think I’d make a good monster hunter? If you hunt creatures like the fire lion, I might prove useful to your cause. That and living in the village has gotten a bit boring if I’m being completely honest.”

It was a number of hours beforehand they saw another village, this one had mound homes, and a number of grass boats. “There it is.”

• Thoughtful