Private Tales The Friend of the Fire Eaters

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
G

Ghivri

Ghivri crouched low in the tall grass, her tall, zebra hide warshield had been left behind in favor of a leather hip-quiver of small javelins for hunting. She stalked the straight horned gazelle for its four horns, which were largely useful mainly for javelin tips and sometimes shield reinforcement and other such things, as well as it’s hide for the tents and bedding that her people used. So she, as the sun neared the western horizon crouched patiently, waiting for the gazelle to move into the open so that she could kill and skin it, and bring its bones, skin and flesh back to be processed and used.

Ghivri was a slightly smaller than average woman, not for her people but for most women of the continents, with slightly toned muscles that gave her the appearance of a strong woman without making her look less feminine. She was overall very slender despite how healthy she clearly was. She wore a leather chestwrap that covered no more than her breasts, with a simple, leather loincloth that fell down to her mid thigh and left all of her legs exposed. Her feet were covered by ankle high moccasins held closed by a leather cord tying it down. She wore leather bracelets around each wrist decorator by small canine teeth of hyaenas. Her her hair was long and black, held back by combs carved from bone that pinned her hair back.

The gazelle showed itself, and she swiftly, silently and flawlessly launched her javelin, which pierced the gazelle’s hide and then it’s heart. The gazelle dropped dead. So she sped to the gazelle, it’s four straight horns crowning it’s head. She pulled out her flint knife and prepared to skin it, but her eye caught sight of something lying in the grass. Upon further investigation, it was revealed to be a man, lying unconscious in a pool of blood but breathing, albeit lightly. She forgot about the gazelle and immediately was driven to save this man, as her mother had taught her. She took from her quiver one of the decorative sashes and bound the wound in his side, stopping more blood from escaping his body, in order to actually save him, she’d have to get him back to the village.

He would wake up on a mat of woven grass, with his injury stitched together with what looked like the heads of insects. And sitting beside him, with a mortar and pestle was an elderly woman, clad in a zebra skin robe including a hood. “Don’t move, you were hurt pretty badly. Your lucky or blessed to have survived.”

• Cheer
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis stirred in his sleep, the last thing he remembered was being hit hard by a Gazelle like creature. It felt as though he got punched in the face by a Bugbear. The young man was sent by the Grandmaster's at the Monster Hunter fortress: Wyvern's Nest. Willis was supposed to head for the Taagi Baara Steepes to categorize new monsters that were recently discovered of course the Grandmasters would pay handsomely if Willis would take good notes something he was decent at.

Find the monster took a while and Willis was about to give up until he was ambushed one day while travelling through the forest. It turned out the creature that Willis was told to categorize found him instead. The young man tried to fight back but the Gazelle was swift and and strong throwing Willis around like a rag doll. As he hit his head on the grass, the young man was certain that he was about to perish. However he found himself on a mat of woven grass with his wounds stitched together by bugs?

Willis wanted to react but a woman's voice told him not to do so. "I've been through worse," Willis said hoarsely remembering the Cyclops who challenged him to a drinking contest.

Never upset a drunken Giant that was all Willis was going to say about that.

"Thanks for helping me," Willis said trying to crane his head to the woman who saved him. "Name is Willis Reede, what's yours?"

• Yay
Reactions: Ghivri
"Thanks for helping me," Willis said trying to crane his head to the woman who saved him. "Name is Willis Reede, what's yours?"

Willis Reede, a strange name in these lands. I am Mother Friin, this Village’s healer. It was Ghivri who brought you in, and she kept you from bleeding out on the way over. You may get to meet her in a few days when you’ve healed enough to walk.”

(This isn’t really the most interesting setting, so I’m going to timeskip a few days so that he can stand.)

It was a total of four days that it took for him to heal enough to walk. It was precisely then that Ghivri had come to check on his progress. He would be standing in front of a very scantily clad woman who was slightly shorter than he was, and definitely smaller. She looked at him squarely, “how are you feeling? Any pain somewhere away from the injury?”

“Ghivri, I’ve already asked these questions.” Mother Friin said lightly scoldingly. “I’ve done my job child, you needn’t worry about his health.”

“Sorry, Mother, I was simply concerned.” She said back, rolling her eyes. Then she asked again. “So how are you feeling?”

• Popcorn
"Mother Friin eh?" Willis mumbled trying to open his eyelids but struggled to do so. They felt as heavy as a Roeper's eyelid with his entire body feeling like they were on pins and needles, It was best for Willis to rest up for now. As he drifted to sleep his final thoughts were wondering who these people were.

It took about four days for Willis to walk, the young man slowly got up his entire body feeling sore. The only person saw in his hut while recovering was this Mother Friin, given how she was dressed Willis guessed that she was a tribesperson possibly the leader. There were many indigenous tribes that resided in the Steppe some were friendly others would rather eat travelers.

As Willis put on his shirt, the flap to his hut opened and he was greeted by a scantily clad young woman with dark skin though not as dark Willis' standing very close to him. The young man raised an eyebrow, normally he wouldn't mind a pretty girl being close to him but given the circumstances this is a.... bit much. "I'm feeling much better than I did four days ago," Willis smirked. "So you're the one who helped me?"

• Yay
So you're the one who helped me?"

“I brought you here, Mother Friin helped you.” She corrected. “What happened. You looked as though you were mauled by something. And what were you doing out here? Outsiders usually stay away, preferring cities or at least places where they find it easier to live.”

She didn’t seem to be bothered by her exposed skin. When he came outside he’d see that most of the women wore similar clothing to Ghivri. It seemed that modesty wasn’t a big issue there.

• Thoughtful
"Outsiders?" Willis massaged his sore right shoulder. "I didn't realize I was walking in tribal territory." Usually travelers who reside in the Steppe mark their territory so travelers know where to steer clear, though that still didn't quell the tensions between the travelers and the tribes. Elbion and Vel Anir nearly went to war with some tribes due to them harassing merchants exporting valuable goods among the Steppe.

"Didn't realize that the Tribeswomen would dress so..... alluring," Willis said examining Ghivri's attire. "I'm a Monster Hunter trying to categorize a brand new Monster that was discovered around this area. It turned out the Monster found me and If it weren't for you, I would've been his next snack."

Looking around Willis frowned at Giviri. "What kind of tribe is this?" Willis said. "Don't recognize your markings." There were a lot tribes that went uncategorized but the seem to be the least recognizable.

• Sip
"Didn't realize that the Tribeswomen would dress so..... alluring," Willis said examining Ghivri's attire. "I'm a Monster Hunter trying to categorize a brand new Monster that was discovered around this area. It turned out the Monster found me and If it weren't for you, I would've been his next snack."

Alluring? She had never really considered her attire to be alluring, especially since most women wore this kind of clothing, save for the elderly. Men always wore only zebraskin kilts and moccasins. But then again, the Outsider women seemed to wear more clothes. “What is the monster that attacked you anyway? What did it look like?”

Looking around Willis frowned at Giviri. "What kind of tribe is this?" Willis said. "Don't recognize your markings." There were a lot tribes that went uncategorized but the seem to be the least recognizable.

“We are know among our neighbors as the Tribe of Fire Eaters. This is referencing our rite of passage for hunter warriors. It’s as simple as it sounds, we eat fire during this rite. We are a hunter warrior culture, we largely value prowess as well as stealth and patience.” Ghivri explained. “I forgot to to introduce myself. I’m called Ghivri, what is your name stranger?”

• Popcorn
"Mother Friin introduced you to me," Willis smiled putting his red vest over shirt. "You're the one who rescued me from that Gazelle like creature. I thank you for saving my name is Willis Reede," So they were called the Tribe of Fire Eaters eh? Reminded Willis of those Pyromancers who would swallow active flames whole and use it to fuel their power. Perhaps this tribe was like that though Ghivri said that it was due to a rite of passage.

"A right of passage?" Willis asked reaching for his Cutlass. "What do the warriors do?"

• Yay
"Mother Friin introduced you to me," Willis smiled putting his red vest over shirt. "You're the one who rescued me from that Gazelle like creature. I thank you for saving my name is Willis Reede,"

She cocked an eyebrow. “The four horned gazelle did that to you? Well, I doubt that it isn’t the monster you seek, the gazelle is only slightly more dangerous than normal ones, and usually prefer to run. Most likely you only spooked it and it hurt you without actually intending to. No, the gazelle was definitely not the monster you sought, it is not a major threat on any level. There are some beasts around here you must be wary of, but the gazelle isn’t one of them.”

"A right of passage?" Willis asked reaching for his Cutlass. "What do the warriors do?"

“They are given a magically conjured fire from the Shaman, and swallow it. It is meant to test bravery and to give strength and ferocity to those who complete it successfully. It’s usually followed by the warrior’s first wartrance, a state of bloodlust that completely overwhelms rational thought, but doesn’t go so far as to leave them mindless. This is followed by them wrestling with a lion, if they kill the lion, they wear the pelt as a cloak to war, if they die then they die and will be honored as half-mature warriors.” She noticed him reaching for his cutlass, and remembered being told about the outsiders’ long knives, she was curious to see what he’d do with it.

• Popcorn
The young man briefly unsheathed his sword to check for any nicks it might have received by the creature in which Ghivri called: The four horned Gazelle. Gazelles at least the normal sized ones were not aggressive by any sense of the imagination. As he sheathed his cutlass and placed it on his belt, Willis closed his eyes trying to recollect his memory.

While a Monster Hunter's job is to kill Monsters, it is only those who harm people. Something that was often forgotten amongst people and some Monster Hunters is that Monster Hunters protect both realms: The people and the monsters and sometimes the monsters are not as monstrous as legend make them out to be. He remembered that the Giant Gazelle was running away from something, it only pushed Willis out of its way. It was only then Willis saw the real monster who attacked him, but he couldn't remember who. The young man needed to visit the ambush site to get some clues.

"That's an interesting rite of passage," Willis said. "Reminds of the pyromancers back in Allria, they would swallow magical fire and use it as a magical reserves."

The young man then began to exit the hut. "You're right that it wasn't the Gazelle who attacked me," Willis said. "It was something else, I need to get back to the place where I was attacked."

• Thoughtful
The young man then began to exit the hut. "You're right that it wasn't the Gazelle who attacked me," Willis said. "It was something else, I need to get back to the place where I was attacked."

“Not in your condition young man.” Mother Friin said from the tent. “You may be able to walk, but you can’t go very far from the village until you’ve fully recovered. I may need to treat your injury again later, and I can’t do that if you go after a dangerous monster. I’m not going to stop you from hunting it, but I can’t let you do it until you’re fully recovered.”

“Mother Friin is right. Besides, Father Gurn and Chief Doln wanted to see you when you woke up. Come along, I’ll bring you to them.” She says cheerfully.

They went to the biggest tent/hut in the village, where Chief Doln lived. He was a middle aged man with the seemingly standard heavy muscles of all men in the village that Willis had been exposed to. The chief also had white ash-paint that decorated his entire torso, either religious or honorary but definitely something of meaning.

“Chief Doln, he’s woken up.” Ghivri said to him.

The chief, who had been sitting in front of a wooden carving, stood up and turned around. “I see, let us go to Father Gurn, and we will speak then.”

• Cthulhoo rage
"I've faced worse things than whatever this Monster is," Willis said however Ghivri dragged him out from the tent. The young man sighed annoyed that he was going to stay a bit longer he wasn't one to stay at a place for too long, the need to explore was always itching at him.

As Ghivri and Mother Frinn lead him to the largest tent which Willis assumed to belong to the leader of the tribe, Willis looked around observing his surroundings. Men and women were sharpening their spears against a boulder while children ran around playing without a care. There were many tribespeople who gawked at Willis trying to get a good look at the young man.

He bristled feeling a little uncomfortable, Willis was probably the first stranger the Fire Eaters in probably years. Laws enacted by Alliria and Elbion prevented travelers from interacting with the tribesman and vice versa. It prevented war and disallowed Eblion and Alliria from expanding territory though sometimes a couple of tribesman pushed the two cites to the limit namely the cannibalistic tribes.

Willis didn't say anything when they saw Chief Doln a powerfully built man who was carving a face made of wood. "What's there to talk about Great Chieftain?" Willis asked impatiently crossing his arms he was rather eager to get out of here and investigate the Monster who attacked him.

• Yay
What's there to talk about Great Chieftain?"

“To know. We need to know what you were doing in our lands. What is your purpose here?” The chieftain asked blatantly, to the point and direct. “You are not an enemy, but we must know.”

Once it was explained that he hunted a great beast that could easily prove dangerous. The Chieftain looked thoughtful when this was mentioned. “So it is a beast that has been killing our hunters. Come, we must visit the Shaman if we are to determine what this beast is, if you’ve truly seen it, he will be the one most likely to identify it.”

And so the chieftain lead them a short ways out of the village, to a ring of five, tall stones. In the center was a fully covered man, a hunched man covered in a huge cloak of lionskin, who stood in front of a huge stone bowl, and carried a tall staff, capped with the spiraling horn of a gazelle.

“Father Gurn.” The Chieftain says. “The stranger woke.”

• Thoughtful
One would think that the Chieftain would be informed of what Willis was doing here. He told Mother Frinn about what he was doing here a few days ago. Perhaps it was the tribe's way of testing him maybe examining if Willis was telling the truth. People in the Shallows of Alliria size people up all the time checking their facial expression and body language for any hint of weakness.

"I'm a Monster Hunter," Willis explained. "I've been sent to categorize a new Monster that has been prowling the Steppe forests. After a few days of searching, the monster found me and I would've been killed if it weren't for Ghirvri your warrior."

He sighed. "I lost my memory after the creature attacked me," Willis said. "I want to go back to the site so I can retrace my steps. Perhaps I can track the creature and prevent it from attacking any tribes."

• Yay
He sighed. "I lost my memory after the creature attacked me," Willis said. "I want to go back to the site so I can retrace my steps. Perhaps I can track the creature and prevent it from attacking any tribes."

“Then it is definitely going to be more helpful to bring you to Father Gurn. He can see your memory returned.”

The Shaman, Father Gurn, turned to face them, to reveal a man roughly as old as Mother Friin. His dark tan skin was painted with white ash, depicting complex patterns that seemed almost surreal, and if he were attuned to magic, were clearly of a magical nature. He slowly hobbled over to the stranger and gave him a once over glance.

“A beast you seek.” He says, his voice layered and raspy.

“So he says,” the Chieftain replied, not in a disbelieving manner, just affirming what Father Gurn had said. “And he claim she no memory of it when he was attacked.”

“A simple matter to fix.” The Shaman said calmly, he struck the earth with his staff, releasing a boom that was louder than it should have been on dirt, and green fire erupted in the stone bowl. The Shaman gestured at the bowl, “Inhale, and remember.”

• Popcorn
The young man took a look at green fire his skin bristling while the Chieftain said it was a simple matter to fix. "If it was a simple matter," Willis thought while he observed the Shaman striking the ground with his Staff which created a sickening boom which caused Willis to jump a bit. "Why the theatrics?!"

Willis slowly approached the flaming bowl hesitantly glancing at the Shaman and the Chieftain. "Well," the young man sighed. "It was like Captain Davis always told me: Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Wanting to get it over with while simultaneously curious on how this brand of magic worked, Willis inhaled the heat that came from the flame as a bright light surrounded him obscuring his vision. For a brief moment, Willis felt warm and at ease.

He began to rub his eyes in an attempt to adjust his vision and he found himself back at the forest. Willis felt his heart skip just a bit, this was the place where he was attacked. There was that giant horned Gazelle rushing towards him crying in pain. Willis quickly sidestepped landing stomach first on to the leaf filled ground. As he dodged Willis briefly smelt a smoky, charcoal like scent turning his head he saw that the creature's hide was set on fire the flames licking its side.

"It definitely didn't attack me," Willis muttered slowly getting up. "It was running away from something."

A deafening roar was heard causing the birds to disperse while cawing loudly. Hands starting to perspire, Willis attempted to unsheathe his Cutlass only to realize that it wasn't on his belt. "Where the fuck did it-"

A flash of dark red flame appeared the force causing Willis to be thrown off his feet landing back first on to the oak tree. Groaning, Willis squinted to see the Monster emerging from black smoke.

proxy.php

"What the fuck?!" The cat like creature immediately darted it's emerald eyes onto Willis as it leapt on to him. Willis could only raise his arm in defense.

"Gah!" Willis stumbled from the bowl and found himself running into Ghivri landing on her and hitting her lips with his. "Shit! Sorry!" Willis immediately helped the young woman up while staring at the people. "I know who attacked me." he said. "It's an Asmodeus! Your people are in danger."

• Yay
Ghivri was uncertain of what would happen when the smoke was inhaled. She too had once had to inhale the smoke of memory fire, and she knew that the memory trace differed from person to person, although there were two very common things for them to do. One was what he seemed to experience, seeing into the past while remaining conscious, while she had passed out for a few minutes, the memory returning to her in the form of a dream. She didn’t remember the details, she had been much younger when she did it.

He, as was expected, walked around with foggy eyes, telling them that he was seeing something that wasn’t in front of the rest of them. He walked around a bit heedless of what was actually around him. Then he stumbled back hurriedly, turning to catch himself only to run headlong into Ghivri, and for a brief moment, with noone’s intent, their lips met. She was shocked speechless, unsure of how to respond. Until he apologized and helped her up.

“I-it’s quite alright, a lot of weird things happen when in Memory Trance, think nothing of it.” She said dusting herself off, mostly to give her an excuse to look down so that she could hide her blush, neither the Shaman nor the Chieftain were fooled. But they too understood what the Memory Trance often lead to, so when in Memory trance, most if not all offenses were forgiven, as all members of the village understood.

"I know who attacked me." he said. "It's an Asmodeus! Your people are in danger."

“So that’s what your people call it.” The Saman said, “what you saw in your memory Ismaili known to us as Coxiatl, (x pronounced sh) the Fire Lion. A few have shown up in history, and many warriors and hunters have earned the honorable death in combat against this beast, every time one of us has managed to slay the monster. You came here to kill it yes? Well then, you aren’t alone. Whenever one of these things appears it is the sacred Duty of the Shaman to inform the village, and they will be eager to test their mettle. Until such time as it is slain, you are welcome to stay with us, say, with Ghivri perhaps? She brought you to us, that does make you her guest.”

The Shaman and Chieftain both stifled grins. Unlike many places in the world, where rulers were detached from their people, Chief Doln was among hi so people more often than not, yes he organized them, but he was also one of them. So he was often sharing jokes with everyone in the village, and laughing with them too. This time the joke was both true, as he was technically her guest and therefore needed to stay in her tent thanks to the laws of hospitality, and teasing her for what just happened. This inevitably made her cheeks red again.

• Wonder
Ghivri like Willis was flustered at the fact that they briefly locked lips when they bumped into each other. As embarrassing as it was Willis couldn't help but feel that the tribeswoman had some soft and plump lips though he kept that to himself. As Willis slowly got up and listened to what the Shaman had said he frowned. So the Fire Eaters knew about the Asmodeus after all? Considering that the Demon is always looking worthy opponents it speaks well for the Fire Eaters that the Asmodeus keeps coming back to test its mettle.

"Well," Willis crossed his arms. "It seems that you folks have it under control," he said. "Though based on how I was ambushed, that Asmoedus could attack anyone from merchants to simple travelers."

The young man the shrugged. "It could even be other tribesman who reside in the Steppe," he concluded. "It's too dangerous to have it roam around the forest unchecked and unchallenged. I have to take care of the monster before it does some serious damage."

Willis gave a Ghivri a smirk when she was blushing at the two men's remark. He knew what was going on but right now he's going to have to take care of this Demon. After this though, he's going to ask the Grandmaster to pay him triple though.

• Yay
"It could even be other tribesman who reside in the Steppe," he concluded. "It's too dangerous to have it roam around the forest unchecked and unchallenged. I have to take care of the monster before it does some serious damage."

“We won’t stop you from leaving, but from what I understand you aren’t in fighting condition just yet, and that thing has long been know Tom be able to kill several men at once at their peak performance, I advise that you wait. Besides, our own hunters will likely try to track this Coxiatl and kill it, so they may do your job for you while you recover. And it may be tough, but we’ve a long history with these beasts, almost once a generation, so don’t underestimate our hunters’ capabilities.” The Shaman says in his raspy, layered voice.

“Besides, more people tracking the same beast in many directions are more likely to find it, and there’s no telling how long it will take.” The Chieftain adds. “Stay and recover, and let our own hunters find it in the meanwhile. You’ll have your chance.”

• Popcorn
Willis attempted to sigh but grimaced as his ribs shot up in pain. The Shaman was right, he was in no condition to fight much less walk back to Wyvern's Nest. Besides it looks like the warriors from the tribe can take of themselves. "Remember," Willis advised the Shaman. "Only magic and magical weapons can harm the Asomdeus," the young man leaned against Ghivri feeling a bit tired. "So sweetheart," Willis smirked. "Wanna show me around?"

• Yay
"Remember," Willis advised the Shaman. "Only magic and magical weapons can harm the Asomdeus,"

“Or those who have been magically enhanced. Normal weapons can kill it off enhanced humans are wielding them, as our Baptism of Fire enhances those who consume the fire, which will always burn in their stomachs until they die, which enhances them. We’ve done this before Willis, several times.”

the young man leaned against Ghivri feeling a bit tired. "So sweetheart," Willis smirked. "Wanna show me around?"

That was a big leap from having been flustered by knocking into her, of course, one of them was flustered by the close proximity and the words that left his mouth. She looked away to hide her embarrassment, “sure, I can show you the village if you want me to.”

This earned chuckles from the two spectators, who soon after dispersed to return to their normal duties. She had helped him stand up before she brought him back to the village to show what little unique places there were. There was a huge firepit in the center of the village, where they supposedly would gather for announcements and socializing, which was confirmed by Ghivri soon after.

“This is just a place for bonfires, we gather here when the day is done and just mingle, .org it’s used for announcements, which you will likely witness come sundown. Further this way are the Pits.”

The Pits Erie quite literally just that, a group of nine or ten small pits gathered around one larger pit. In the smaller pits there’s we’re various forms of single combat happening, unarmed combat which consisted of grappling and punching, and the contenders did not hold back, blood was clearly visible coming from most if not all contenders and they did not stop, occasionally they’d hear the cracking of bones, and still all that they let out we’re grunts.

The big pit was empty, and was explained. “The big pit is used for large scale competitions and the right of passage wartrance battle against a lion. Next aren’t the bone shapers.”

This was pretty straightforward, people who rubbed bones against flat but rough stones to shape them, usually into arrowheads. Jawbones were set into stout sticks like flanges on a mace.

After that was the tanners and the next her own tent hut, which like the rest was a ptchwork pattern of various animal skins, mostly zebra and what appeared to be gazelle. “This is my home, I have an extra sleeping mat you can use. I hope that you enjoy your stay with us.”

She was consciously pushing bought some out of her head.

• Love
Willis remained silent while Ghiviri showed him around the tribal camp, he did some contracts for a few tribes before but he never got a chance to see how they lived most tribesmen were very territorial and distrustful of outsiders the fact that the Fire Eaters were welcoming was a refreshing change. The young observed the Fire Eaters working, playing without a care in the world. The place they chose to settle was a relatively safe spot, it was located near the cliffs where they can see invaders from a mile away and can also use the Trees to set up ambush points which Willis suspect they already did.

Giviri showed Willis the pit a massive hole that was decorated with skulls of animals, monsters and what Willis thought to be human skulls. The young woman explained that it was a place of competition and tradition similar to the arena fights back in cities like Alliria and Elbion. "Looks like this pit is the Fire Eaters pride and joy," Willis said crossing his arms. "Is it always tradition to value strength?"

As they entered Ghrivri's hut, the young man looked around it was the same decorations as the other huts they passed by. The Fire Eaters only use what they can to survive, it was also something Willis lived by as well. Only use what you need nothing too fancy that was what Captain Davis taught him. "Of course," Willis said staring at the leafy mat. "So how long will the hunters take to kill the Asmodeus?"

He really couldn't shake off the feeling that the warriors would be overmatched what the Fire Eaters called the Fire Lion.

• Yay
(I didn’t know there were cliffs in the savanna.)

"Looks like this pit is the Fire Eaters pride and joy," Willis said crossing his arms. "Is it always tradition to value strength?"

“It is. We’ve always been a culture that valued strength, since basically every other tribe around us is very much inclined to war with other tribes, we keep them off by making them afraid of how blatantly aggressive we are, and how strong our warriors are. And we usually add enemy skulls to our pit walls, and we sometimes host tournaments to keep the point fresh in their minds, which has allowed us to get bigger too since he haven’t actually been at war for almost a century.”

As they entered Ghrivri's hut, the young man looked around it was the same decorations as the other huts they passed by. The Fire Eaters only use what they can to survive, it was also something Willis lived by as well. Only use what you need nothing too fancy that was what Captain Davis taught him. "Of course," Willis said staring at the leafy mat. "So how long will the hunters take to kill the Asmodeus?"

He really couldn't shake off the feeling that the warriors would be overmatched what the Fire Eaters called the Fire Lion.

“Days, a week or two, possibly three. Who knows, never more than three weeks though.” She said going and retrieving a light, zebra skin bedroll which she unrolled onto the grass groundmat. The inside was a dirt floor mostly, packed down tightly with a small cookfire outside the door. Inside was basically just three different mats, mostly zebraskin, two for sleeping, and one for eating, with a place where her quiver of javelins, her short warspear and tall zebraskin warshield were laid neatly (Zulu shield). She also had a small pile of unused leopard skin, which could only be a change of clothes. And a large rack for tanning leather and animal hides. Two bowls were off to the corner of the central carpet, for eating probably, and large gazelle horns were hollowed out for drinking from, either water or a certain red substance as he would find out before long.

“Please, make yourself comfortable. It’s getting close to noon, I’ll get the midday meal started. Feel free to look around, though there isn’t much my tent can offer.

• Popcorn
The Asmodeus wasn't one for waiting if the warriors couldn't find the Demon, then it would definitely find them. The Asmodeus had a great sense of smell and would quickly set up an ambush. "Ghrivri," Willis sat on the leafy bed. "We have to kill that Asmodeus it's a great threat and I do trust your warriors but if the defeat it combat, then it'll just teleport to their lair. An Asmodeus is not successfully killed unless they're defeated in their own territory."

Which was the flaming pillars that Willis and an old friend of his: Verys Synere. He wondered where she was right now probably in trouble. "So what kind of food do you serve?" Willis asked trying to feel comfortable but was unable to due to his worry about the creature.

• Yay
"Ghrivri," Willis sat on the leafy bed. "We have to kill that Asmodeus it's a great threat and I do trust your warriors but if the defeat it combat, then it'll just teleport to their lair. An Asmodeus is not successfully killed unless they're defeated in their own territory."

“We’ve been fighting these creatures for as long as our Shamans have recorded our history, probably longer. We know what we’re doing.” She said gently. “Besides, finding pillars of fire can’t be that difficult. We have it covered, now stop worrying so much, it will slow the healing process and it will take longer for you to get out there and kill it yourself. I’m coming with you on that particular quest too, it’s non negotiable.”

"So what kind of food do you serve?"

“Mostly meat with some gathered herbs. We aren’t cannibals if that’s what you’re asking. We’re tough but we’re at least somewhat humane. We have found out that the blood of animals, if mixed with some key herbs for purification, is actually extremely good for you. And before you feel disgusted, just give it a try, it isn’t bad tasting, it’s not inhumane and it’s definitely not bad for you.” She says getting the fire started. “Always boiled too to make sure it’s safe for drinking.”

• Sip