Private Tales The Friend of the Fire Eaters

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
(This is actually true, as long as it’s not a birds blood, blood of chock full of vitamins and nutrients that are good for you, and even help improve your body with a surplus of vitamins. Usually in minor ways though.)

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Smiling One
Well that was a specific denial.

The last thing that Willis thought when he observed the Fire Eaters was that they were cannibals. It was true that some tribes that reside in the Steppe had a desire for human flesh, they were either wiped out by Allirian and Elbion armies due to them often ambushing and eating their merchants and nobles or they relocated farther north of the Steppe were they kept their activities hidden.

Ghivri wasn't worried stating that the tribe had thousands of years of experience handling the Asmodeus. She also insisted that if worse comes to worst, then she'll accompany Willis in fighting the demon. The young man smirked. "You definitely have the intelligence and the tenacity to become a Monster Hunter." He said. "It also helps that you look cute."

Willis shrugged as Ghviri mentioned the blood soup. "Well," he responded. "It sounds like it'll be far from the worst thing I've eaten. Let's try it out."

• Yay
Reactions: Ghivri
"You definitely have the intelligence and the tenacity to become a Monster Hunter." He said. "It also helps that you look cute."

She smiled at the first sentence, but the second made her blush. Quite easily flustered was she! And she returned to cooking. It was a treated leather pouch filled with water that was raised to a boil and filled with rough cut meat and some herbs, a second sack was next to it filled with the aforementioned red liquid, to which she also added herbs.

Willis shrugged as Ghviri mentioned the blood soup. "Well," he responded. "It sounds like it'll be far from the worst thing I've eaten. Let's try it out."

“I’m glad you’re willing to try it out.”

• Sip
Willis stared at the soup his hands gripping onto the wooden bowl. The herbs added by Ghivri wasn't enough to offset the fact that the entire soup was basically blood. Granted it wasn't the worst thing that Willis ate in his life. When he was a child living in the outer area of Alliria, a popular food amongst the inhabitants was mystery meat stew. It was served in pot shops or the many alleyways in Alliria, it was cheap to make and preserve and the price was dirt cheap that even the beggars can afford it and still have coin left over.

Common ingredients were: barley, turnip, onions and the whatever meat the cooks can get their hands on. Willis remembered spending coin to eat that good ol mystery stew, he imagined that he was eating Steak even if the meat tasted like burnt rubber. Of course disturbing rumors went around that sometimes murder victims would often be cut up to be served as the mystery meat. Since hearing that, Willis felt uncomfortable with the fact that he may have eaten a person as child.

"Here goes nothing," Willis slurped the soup and quickly swallowed it, a tasted metallic and a bit mushy but it wasn't as bad as he thought. "It's all right," Willis said smiling at Ghivri.

• Yay
"Here goes nothing," Willis slurped the soup and quickly swallowed it, a tasted metallic and a bit mushy but it wasn't as bad as he thought. "It's all right," Willis said smiling at Ghivri.

She sighed in relief. “I’m glad. We don’t have access to a lot of clean water, so we have to sate our thirst with blood. I know that most people would call us monsters for it, I’m glad that you’re a little more understanding than most people we’ve met.” She said sitting next to him and eating from her own bowl. “What do you think of our little community?”

• Thoughtful
Willis frowned, the Steppes usually have good water sources perhaps it was taken by rival tribes. "You haven't thought about looking for clean water sources up north," he said continuing to slurp blood stew. "I've heard they've had plenty clean water."

He hadn't heard anything at all regarding the Fire Eaters considering that their diet is comprised of blood it didn't come as a surprise that people thought they were cannibals. "Place is pretty cozy," Willis said. "So far it's peaceful."

• Yay
"You haven't thought about looking for clean water sources up north," he said continuing to slurp blood stew. "I've heard they've had plenty clean water."

“To do so would involve invading another tribe’s territory, specifically the one that our chieftain’s wife is from. Which means that it’s completely impossible for us to get past them without breaking our own tribe in two. And they won’t let us pass to get water, so we’re stuck with blood, we’ve noticed that it’s raised average health though.”

"Place is pretty cozy," Willis said. "So far it's peaceful."

She laughed, “peaceful? It’s home to be sure but it is far from perfect peaceful. Constant battle between individual states to prove prowess. Wrestling lions for a coming of age. Not at all peaceful.”

• Thoughtful
Willis chuckled it was best not to jump to any conclusions when it came to first impressions after all this is a tribe who took on an Asmodeus like it was nothing. Legends said that the Asmodeus was created by the Gods as an answer to an arrogant King who defied them. The Asmodeus single handily killed the King and his people in a single night and since then, the Asmodeus have been one of the most feared Monsters in Arethril. Even the Monster Hunters are reluntant to face it. It's immune to normal based weaponry and is only vulnerable to magic and magical weapons.

"Well you're not the warfaring type," he said. "But I'm sure you guys can make some deals somewhere."

• Yay
"Well you're not the warfaring type," he said. "But I'm sure you guys can make some deals somewhere."

“Oh we’ve been to war before, we just avoid attacking first. If they were to attack us it would be a different story. And that may just happen with the way things are going between us and them.” She said with a sigh. “But that’s not a real issue right now, so we’re not going to war in the next few months, beyond that, we’ll see.”

Once they were done eating she took the bowls to another sack, this one being the stomach of some animal, and with a coarse rag of woven grass and scrubbed the remains of their food from the bowls into the stomach and a slightly green liquid that was in it, stomach acid most likely.

The sun was starting to approach the horizon. “We should probably go back to the center circle, they’ll be starting the evening fire soon, we don’t want to miss it.”

• Popcorn
Dawn was approaching fast much to Willis' surprise, the young man got up and took Ghivri's hand. "Well it's best not to keep them waiting I guess," he shrugged now curious about this evening fire. "So what is this evening fire?" Willis asked still holding her hand. "Is it bound by tradition?"

• Popcorn
Dawn was approaching fast much to Willis' surprise, the young man got up and took Ghivri's hand. "Well it's best not to keep them waiting I guess," he shrugged now curious about this evening fire. "So what is this evening fire?" Willis asked still holding her hand. "Is it bound by tradition?"

Her hand was gently seized by his, and thanks to their previous ‘incident’ this brought red color to her cheeks. “It’s, well it’s basically just a time for the village to gather and enjoy the evening after the day’s work. I suppose it is traditional because we do it every evening. It is also where you will hear the Chieftain announce the Fire Lion’s arrival, probably to result in celebration for the coming battles and the glory to be earned by killing it.”

She lead him towards the firepit, where many had gathered and were communing and laughing with one another. It was indeed a social gathering.

“Brothers! Sister! Sons and Daughters!” A voice boomed over the rest, one he’d recognize as the chieftain’s voice. “Tidings from heaven, the gods have sent to us a challenger! A Fire Lion has been found!”

All of this was spoken in a language unknown by people who weren’t born in the tribe. Ghivri was translating to him.

“Tonight, we let the Lion hear our challenges, and tomorrow, we hunt it down!”

There was a great deal of uproarious celebration. The tribespeople were excited about this.

• Popcorn
Ghviri was still blushing the young man couldn't help but smirk at her predicament. "Gotta admit," Willis said while she lead him out her hut. "You look so cute when you blush."

Of course Willis is not the one to deny a pretty face praise for her beauty it was something he'd doing for years whether intentionally or not. Sometimes it granted him a hot and steamy night with the woman, other times he received a punch to either the face or the balls. Hey at least he can't say he didn't try to flatter a woman.

There was a large gathering around the firepit Willis wondered if the entire tribe came to hear the Chieftain speak. As he spoke, the flame before became larger and hotter Willis could feel the heat radiating against his skin. The Chieftain spoke loudly as though he was roaring at the stars that were forming above it was in their native tongue so Ghviri had to translate for Willis. The warriors were going to hunt down the Asmodeus tomorrow, it would be interesting to see how they planned on taking it down but for now it was time to join the festivities.

Many Fire Eaters jumped for joy shouting at the fire and dancing while Willis smiled at Ghiviri. "So," the young man continued to hold her hands. "What does beautiful woman mean in your language? Because that describes you."

"Gotta admit," Willis said while she lead him out her hut. "You look so cute when you blush."

This did little more than make her even more flustered. Cute? Her? Did she look like a pet to him? She looked away to hide her embarrassment. “I... I don’t...” she couldn’t finish that sentence, so she just kept walking.

So," the young man continued to hold her hands. "What does beautiful woman mean in your language? Because that describes you."

This made her face flare up. “Would you stop it!” She protested, her face burning much to the amusement of many present.

One of the men leaned over and said in broken common, “the word you want is keashali.”

• Cry
Willis smiled at the man who told him what beautiful woman meant, he whispered a word of thanks and turned to Ghivri who was so red that she might as well be a fire Salamander. "My Keashali," Willis smiled cupping her dark and red cheek. "So strong and so beautiful. I feel like I have my very own guardian angel watching over me and protecting me when I was attacked by the Asmodeus."

The young man winked. "My Keashail." he said getting close to Ghivri.

She was frozen solid with embarrassment. While everyone who bothered to look would laugh their butts off. She stuttered, struggling to speak, to tell him to stop, heck she was struggling just to look away. She curled in closer to herself, seemingly trying to hide from this stranger who so easily made her flush red. She would glare at the man who had informed the stranger if she weren’t so inclined to look down. Keashali did indeed mean ‘beautiful’ but his second word, Keashail, meant something a little different (note the placement of the ‘i’), namely it meant ‘bedwife’, which had the desired effect of making her extremely embarrassed, and making a number of people chuckle at her expense,

• Love
Willis continued to smirk at a blushing Ghirvri, there was laughter from the men who witnessed her embarrassment but Willis paid them no mind. All he was focused right now was the beautiful woman right in front of him. Willis internally sighed he truly believed that a beautiful woman would be the death of him but he just can't help himself.

"Pay them no mind," Willis said getting close to Ghivri. "They're just jealous of your beauty and grace. My Kenashail."

Her embarrassment was briefly overridden by laughter at his mispronunciations and wrong words. “I’m sorry, you just called me a cloud by saying Kenashail.” She said her shoulders shaking with suppressed laughter, her embarrassment temporarily forgotten. “It’s keashali. I’ll tell you now our language requires pronunciation to Ben good in order to be understood. What’s the word, homophone? There’s are a lot of them in our language.”

One of the guys said, “you just got yourself a tutor if you’ of mind to learn.”

• Popcorn
Willis shrugged. "Fine then," he winked. "You're that beautiful woman in sitting on the cloud." though he can feel his ears redden with embarrassment, Willis still pressed on acting as though he wasn't affected at all. "I mean I don't mind a tutor," the young man placed his hand on Ghivri shoulder. "Especially if that teacher is someone who is attractive."

• Yay
Well, that brought her blush back. She had hoped that he’d be busy trying to figure out pronunciations to keep complimenting her. “If I help you with that will you stop? It’s embarrassing!” She said curling in on herself uncomfortably, blushing bright red.

• Popcorn
Willis sighed. "Very well," he replied smiling while holding Ghivri hand. "But I can't help but complement on your beauty," It was best to stop though, Willis might end up being punched in the face for continuing to be a nuisance. It happened once with a Elven barmaid at the Gold Road. "So," Willis looked around the fire pit witnessing the celebration continuing. "Are we going to some place private?"

"So," Willis looked around the fire pit witnessing the celebration continuing. "Are we going to some place private?"

“Why would we do that? We can talk right here.” She said confused, then her eyes widened in understanding and she whapped his arm with her hand, not enough to hurt .org do any real damage, but plenty to express her displeasure at his “unsanitary” suggestions. This of course resulted in the now common blush. “No worries are you interested in learning or just making me uncomfortable?”

• Popcorn
Well Willis didn't mean it like that, he just preferred to learn in private without any distractions. The young man can easily be lead astray especially when it came to a pretty woman. Willis rubbed his hand chuckling a bit. It didn't hurt but he did find it amusing that Ghivri would take it as an innuendo. Then again when half of your conversations was about flirtations then it was easy to see where she was coming from.

"I wouldn't say uncomfortable," Willis said smirking. "But rather make you feel special."

“Well would you stop, please. It’s inappropriate for someone who I barely know to be this.... forthcoming.” She said, again not entirely accurate among her people but at this point she just wanted him to stop embarrassing her. “Besides, there are a number of other things to talk of. Like what do you know about the Fire Lion, and how do you plan to take it down if we don’t by the time you’ve recovered?”

• Thoughtful
Willis crossed his arms trying to remember the last time he fought the Asmodeus. It was with a friend named Verys Synere and they found themselves trapped within its obelisks. "The only way to kill an Asmodeus," Willis said. "If you kill it in its territory, its soul is linked to the Obelisk which it uses to go to and from the Pandemonium. If your hunters can find the obelisk and kill the Asmodeus within it then you should get rid of it for good."

That's what Willis and Verys thought when they fought them but It was only a theory by the Monster Hunters.

Ghivri

“Hmm, we’ve a similar experience, only it’s territory is marked by four towering pillars of fire, which only appear to us after its been defeated once. Usually somewhere around the middle of the savanna. And usually a new Fire Lion comes after us every couple decades. So ‘for good’ isn’t entirely accurate. Besides, it’s of cultural significance to us, we wouldn’t want it gone for good.” She explained, glad that the subject had changed.

• Popcorn