Private Tales The Es-Cah-Pay

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She was so tired that her sleep was mercifully dreamless. A peaceful black oblivion consumed her mind, leaving no room for her mind to torture her or rouse her prematurely, and unfortunately for Leon, she was perfectly comfortable.

A few hours had passed when the sliver of first light woke her as it always did, and it took her a moment to remember where she was when she opened her eyes on unfamiliar surroundings. She let a deep sigh tumble out, her hand brushing Leon's knee as it came up to rub at her face, and it recoiled at the realisation that she was not merely laying on a pillow.

She looked up, an instant grin on her face at the sight of the sleeping male who'd lent her his lap. A gentleman indeed, she thought in amusement and she cleared her throat quietly though made no move to sit up just yet.

Leon enjoyed taking breaks from his reading and drinking to look down at the sleeping woman in his lap. She looked so peaceful and beautiful even though she was not as beautiful as when the sass was flowing out of those lips of hers. Then she was perfect.

He had eventually joined her in sleeping even though it was by accident. He meant to carry her upstairs and go to his bed, but the quiet crackle of the fire mixed with the wine had made that impossible.

The throat clearing woke him and he slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Alynthi looking up at him. He smiled and reached a hand to stroke her blonde locks. "Good morning, Alynthi," he noticed then that his right hand had fallen to her waist while the slept. "Sorry, I should have moved you upstairs but I fell asleep too." He didn't want to move his hand from her waist but he did.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Alynthi
Her lips slowly curled as he woke, the affectionate gesture of him stroking her hair was unexpectedly pleasant. She blinked sleepily for another moment before stretching and muffling a yawn with the back of her wrist.

"Hm.. That's alright. I was more than comfortable." she smiled, her voice still gritty with sleep. She sat herself up when she felt the comforting weight of his hand lift, and the blanket that'd been thrown over them slipped from her shoulder.

"You'll need to forgive me. I'm not accustomed to falling asleep on male's laps. It's been a trying few days.." she let a huff of a laugh escape and rubbed the sleepiness from her face.

Leon would be lying if he said that he was not disappointed when Alynthi sat up. Not only did she take her body heat, but she also took some of the blanket with her. He frowned and pulled some of it back to his now cold lap.

"No forgiveness needed, my lady. I am similarly unaccustomed to having women fall asleep in my lap." He smirked at her before he spoke again, "I will have breakfast prepared and show you to your room this morning. What else would you like to do?" He was a little afraid of her answer.

Last edited:
  • Smug
Alynthi glanced over her shoulder at him with a look of smug amusement. "Good." she quirked a brow. "I am not accustomed to sharing my pillows." her lips twisted.

"I would like to see your home. Perhaps a little more of the Dawn Court, I'd like to bathe in milk and dress in fine silk, I'd like to eat more good food, drink more good wine and laze in front of the fire like a cat with some good conversation. I'd like to know all there is to know about everything, Leon Ilayda." she smiled at him.

"Think you can handle that?"

Leon was starting to regret this whole giving Alynthi decisions idea. It was just really hard to tell her no even though he had only known her for a short time. "I believe I am going to have to narrow down your choices before you spend every bit of money I have, my dear Alynthi." He chuckled and stood up from the couch without another word.

He walked into the kitchen while rubbing the bridge of his nose, "she is going to drive me crazy, Marna. What the hell is a milk bath?"

Marna laughed as she flit around the kitchen, "it is a bath with milk instead of water." Leon glared at her and she smiled, "give her time. This is an adjustment for her. Breakfast?"

"Pancakes and fruit, I suppose," Marna nodded and Leon walked out of the kitchen. "Alright, I can deliver on some of the things, but first I will show you to your room." He held out his hand for her.

Once they had ascended the stairs, Leon took her to the second room on the right. He pushed the door open and let her walk in first. The room had white walls like the rest of the manor and he knew those would soon be purple. The large four poster bed sat in the middle of one wall with an end table on both sides and a bench sitting at the end. There was a vanity, a wardrobe, and a chest of drawers scattered about. She also had her own private bathing room.

"I am sorry it is nothing special, but you can do whatever you would like with it. I imagine it will be painted purple in no time at all." He smiled down her fondly.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Alynthi flashed him a grin as it seemed he may be having some regrets in asking her such open questions. She was not used to having much choice in anything let alone being treated to such niceties, but she was testing his boundaries and limits and he was exceeding them all so far. She couldn't help but enjoy it, but toying with him was an amusing thing, and something that kept her mind at ease.

She looked up as he re-entered the room and reached to take his hand, uncertain if it was a gentlemanly gesture or a tight leash, but she found she rather enjoyed being on his arm none-the-less. Alynthi was not at all used to males treating her so gently, and she was drawn to him like a moth toward a warm light, hoping that it wouldn't burn her.

Stepping into her room she beamed as she looked around her own, safe space. She returned his smile as she looked up at him and stood up onto her tiptoes to press a feathery kiss to his cheek.

"It's perfect." she assured.

Leon smiled down at her when she planted a kiss on his cheek. He rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand and looked around the room once more. "Marna guessed at your size and got you a few dresses, I'm guessing dresses. I have no idea what she got you, but the wardrobe and drawers should have stuff."

He stopped his rambling and backed up a bit towards the still open door. "We were not sure how long it would be until your things arrived so sorry if they are not what you are used to. I'm going to go get cleaned up and changed. Breakfast should be ready in a half hour or so."

He nodded at her with another smile and left her room. He was trying to figure out why he had gotten all stammery all of a sudden and cursed under his breath. He had not lived with a woman since his mother and the only women that did come over left the next day. Sometimes the same night if he was feel particularly restless.

Leon shrugged it off and headed to his room. Unsurprisingly, his room was decorated the same at Alynthi's. The only difference is that his had a couch, table, and chairs in front of the fireplace. He really did not need much.

He took time to bath in the tub that Marna had filled with hot water while he had shown Alynthi her room. He assumed she had done the same for the Night Court transplant. She was a woman he couldn't live without. After he bathed, he dressed and headed back downstairs to the kitchen.

His hair was tied back at the nape of his neck and he wore dark brown trousers and a cream colored shirt. He was not trying very hard today. He inhaled the sweet smell of the fresh pancakes and waited for Alynthi to arrive.

Alynthi's head tilted slightly as she watched him back toward the door, rambling and rubbing at his neck like a teen. Fae were not normally so abashed, especially not by something as chaste as a kiss on the cheek. She imagined Leon to be a lot of things, being a Fury of Manipulation - but she'd never have guessed him to be adorable.

She flashed another smile at him, dipping her chin in polite appreciation as he left her alone. "Quite something isn't he.." she said, glancing at her shoulder in sheer habit and rolling her eyes when she remembered she'd left the raven behind. "I suppose I'll talk to myself then." she huffed with a smirk and turned to flop onto the bed, groaning in approval at its comfort.

She bathed too. She removed her multitude of rings, bracelets and necklace, even her hair had jewellery. She slipped out of her dress, heavy with crystals and she washed the makeup from her face and the smell of smoke from her hair. Every weight she removed made her feel just a little lighter, but the weight of her situation was not something she could easily shrug off.

Alynthi took her time, because time, as it were, was her own. She soaked in the steaming water, trying out some rose and lavender oils which made her skin and hair smooth and pleasantly scented. Her fingers brushed over some of the hanging garments in her wardrobe, her gaze narrowing a fraction in a smile.

"Marna, Marna, Marna..." she grinned as she chose one of the dresses and held it against herself. "One might think you're trying to make me look good." she mused to herself. She was far too overdressed for breakfast, but why the hell not? Was there really such a thing as being overdressed?

She didn't say a word as she wandered silently into the kitchens, the smell of food making her mouth water. Her top half was a leather bodice, stitched with silver thread and adorned with fine chains that hung from shoulder to shoulder. The sleeves were long and sheer, embroidered in a pattern of smoke like swirls in the same fashion as the long, flowing skirts.

Leon had stared at the pancakes for a little bit before he had given in and taken one. He was hungry and he was not sure how long Alynthi would take. He certainly was not going to give her a time limit on her getting ready. No, he was not an idiot. Well, he was, but not that big of one. He was in the middle of ripping pieces of the pancake when she came in. He set the pancake down and stood up to greet her.

She looked exquisite and he now felt extremely underdressed. Her face was clear of makeup and she was just as beautiful - if not more beautiful. Besides the dress he knew had cost him a pretty coin, she was free of all her jewelry too. She looked real instead of a terrifying goddess. He preferred the real.

"You look amazing. Marna figured out your size and taste so perfectly." His eyes were studying the curves of her body as she walked towards him. "Marna has pancakes, some fruit, butter, syrup. I ate one while I was waiting, sorry," he shrugged as he handed her a plate and fork.

After they had gotten their food, he led her to the table by the front window. He liked to take his meals in here unless it was a party. His dining room was too much for just him. He buttered the pancakes and poured some syrup over them. "I was thinking today we could stay home and laze in front of the fire. I figured that we can get to know each other better, but also it gives you another day to rest before we get too crazy."

"Do not worry, my dear, I have an extensive wine collection," his eyes glittered with happiness as he took a bite of his pancakes.

Alynthi was still very much unused to this alternate reality she'd found herself in. Her violet gaze watched him as he stood up to greet her, a smile curled at her lips at his compliment and a brow rose in surprise at his apology. By accepting her into the Dawn Court, Leon had agreed to keeping her safe for a year and a day. That he'd so far been kind and mannerly, that he'd given her space and fine things, that he'd treated her like any sort of an equal at all - those things had been unexpected. For a moment, she looked taken aback, and she cleared her throat as she remembered herself, dipping her chin with a look of smug satisfaction at his compliment.

"I am beginning to like this, Marna, already." she smiled as she looked over the food with the curiosity of one who had never tried such a thing as pancakes before. She copied him as he prepared to eat, though paused as he suggested that they get to know one another better. Her lips quirked to see that he was making a decision rather than leaving it to her. A wise choice, she thought, and she nodded. She would take all the peace and relaxation she could get. The wine was a bonus.

"That sounds like an excellent idea." she agreed, her eyes on his with another feline curl of her lips before she dropped her gaze to focus on her breakfast. "Before we get 'too crazy'."

The pancakes tasted as good as they looked, and Alynthi seemed to delight in the sugary sweetness so much so that she added a little more of the syrup. It didn't take her long to finish the meal, and she didn't bother to restrain herself from dragging a fingertip across the plate, collecting the last few drops of sweetness and licking it clean.

• Wonder
Reactions: Leon Ilayda
"I will say it a million times, I would be lost without her." Leon watched her with some amusement as she prepared her pancakes like he had. Had she never had them before? Crazy, he thought. Leon had to admit that his knowledge of the Night Court was extremely limited, but he figured that she would still have basic breakfast foods.

He also had to admit that he let out a shallow breath when she agreed to staying in and getting to know each other better. He just sat there are watched her as she enjoyed the pancakes. She was so full of joy and the worry that she had worn yesterday seemed to have drained away some. It amazed him that anyone would want to tamp her spirit down. He was also raised in a court that was ruled by women so he was used to strong ones.

Leon rose from his chair and walked over to her, bending down to speak into her ear softly. "You have syrup on her cheek," he refrained from wiping it off himself and drew himself back up to his full height. "Would you like sweet or dry, Alynthi?" That was a simple question with two choices. He had toned it down from what kind of wine do you want? He was learning.

• Smug
Aly made short work of the little stack of heaven, a delight she was certain that’d have her stout should she get too used to it, but right now, she opted to give not a single care as she devoured every last morsel. Her eyes followed him as he rose from his seat, and her body instinctively went rigid with tension as he bent to whisper in her ear, though what he whispered made her tightly bound muscles ease and she let out a soft, breathy laugh in relief.

“Hm.. Sweet.” she answered, her finger collecting the drop of syrup from her cheek and depositing it on her tongue. She could somehow tell that his question was set as such on purpose. He was clearly learning not to ask her such open questions lest he be overwhelmed by her answers. It seemed they’d perhaps find their boundaries sooner rather than later.

Leon felt her tense as he whispered in her ear and he got worried for a moment until she heard his words and relaxed. He never wanted to scare her and it did send a small pang of sadness through him that she would think he would. He reminded himself that she had been here less than a day and she had no reason to trust him. He was a male and she had been treated like shit by males all of her life.

He smiled at her and went to retrieve a few bottles of sweet wine. A red and a white. Simple options, although he was pretty sure that they would drink these and then a few more. He returned to the kitchen and opened the red before grabbing two large wine glasses. He walked to the door and pushed it open with his back, "my lady."

Once they had taken their seats on the couch, he poured two glasses of the red wine and handed one to Alynthi. "What do you want to know?"

Alynthi made herself quite comfortable by the fire as she waited for him, enjoying the freedom to relax whilst she could.

When he returned, she flashed a smile at his question, and took the wine with a light nod in thanks. "That's a very big question." she laughed under her breath in amusement. "I want to know the shape of the world and what every corner of it looks like, I want to know what it feels like to fly through starfall and where the ocean would carry me. I want to know how to play music and grow flowers and everything there is to know about pancakes.."

"But lets start smaller." she smiled over the rim of her cup as she lifted it to her lips and took a slow sip. "I want to know who you are, Leon Ilayda."

"You will be the death of me, Alynthi," Leon chuckled as she went through the list of everything she wanted to know. He took a drink of his red wine and looked at her. She really was beautiful and her spunk just added to it. Every time she spoke, he smiled. She was so full of light and he found it hard that anyone would want to squelch her fire.

"Who am I," Leon mused. "I was born and raised in the Summer Court. I spent my early days manipulating everything and everyone I could. I found out the hard way that it causes migraines when I pushed myself too far one day and ended up in bed for a week. Hmmm," he took another drink and pondered his life. It was not that interesting in his opinion.

"I fought in the Great Reclamation War. The first one where Summer did not get their asses kicked. I moved here and have been in the Dawn Court for awhile now. I like to read." He shrugged, he really did not know what else. He was better with questions that were directed towards him versus open ended. That thought made him chuckle, perhaps he and Alynthi were not so different.

• Cthuulove
You will be the death of me, Alynthi.

"Oh I hope not. It's not often I find company that I enjoy quite so much." she grinned, her periwinkle gaze sparkling with mischief as she looked at him over another sip of sweet wine.

Her slender brow arched as she listened to that sonorous sound of his voice, speaking of the Summer court, manipulation and war, and she smiled, seemingly impressed. "And would you manipulate me, Leon Ilayda?" she tilted her head, regarding him thoughtfully. The furies had always intrigued her, though she never had much chance to speak with one let alone spend a year and a day with one. There was a lot she could learn from him during that time, that would be far more valuable to her than jewels or pretty dresses.

Leon visibly stiffened when she asked him if he would manipulate her. Normally, he would quip back something of the sarcastic variety, but not with her. Not with this woman who had been so mistreated because of her sex. No, Alynthi would be safe from him...he hoped. He took a drink of his wine and looked at the blonde woman.

"No, Alynthi, I will never manipulate you. Ever." He had known this question would eventually come up but that did not mean he was prepared it. He set his glass down on the table and took her hand in both of his. "Alynthi, I never want you to fear me or think that I would take advantage of you in any way. I want you to know you are safe here. You are safe with me."

He let the words hang in the silence between them. She may have been joking, but he had never used his affinity to seriously hurt someone...especially someone he found himself caring about.

• Cthuulove
A slender brow ached at the sincerity in his tone. It was so odd a thing, to be assured by a male. Aside her father, none had ever cared enough to want to protect her, and even then her father was far from gentle with her.

Her smile dimmed as she searched his eyes, glancing down only to look at his hands as they held hers. His words robbed her of her ability to speak, and for the longest moment all she could do was stare at him, stripped of all masks and bravado, and aware that her vulnerability was so painfully obvious.

She swallowed, her eyes like shards of crystal as they glistened with deep thought, and eventually she set down her cup and reached her free hand to rest on his cheek. She wouldn't say she believed him, nor would she commit to such a thing as the certainty of her safety, but she hoped the gesture would show her that she appreciated his kindness.

A sudden tap at the window caused her to flinch then, her head whipping toward the sound and her muscles suddenly tight with tension which slowly eased as she saw the disgruntled raven puffing his feathers on the window ledge. She let a quiet chuckle tumble from her lips along with the breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding, and she tugged her hand back to her chest to rest over her racing heart.

A small flourish of her fingers in a simple cantrip caused the window to open enough to allow the bird access and he cawed irritably before fluttering down to the fire to soak in the heat, his beak snapping noisily as though scolding her for leaving him behind.

"Never mind him. He'll make a nice stew if he doesn't mind his manners." she commented dryly, and the bird silenced immediately, his plumage bristling. Aly retrieved her wine and settled again, pulling her feet up onto the sofa and leaning into Leon with a sigh.

"Where were we?"

Alynthi had shown vulnerability and she seemed like she was going to say something or do something when they were so rudely interrupted by her bird. The noise had startled Leon too and he had lazily looked over towards it as Alynthi pulled her hand away from his cheek.

After she had let the bird in and settled back into him and the couch, he smiled at her again. Leon's hand rested on the back of the couch as he fought the urge to put it protectively around Alynthi. The damn bird was glaring at him though and he keep his hands where they could be seen. He glared back at the bird as he leaned forward to grab his own glass.

"I believe you were about to tell me about your bird, Alynthi. I feel like there is a story there and I also feel like it is your turn to share." She had made it clear that she was not ready to share the story about how she had ended up here on his couch but that didn't mean she wasn't going to share at all.

Alynthi watched the raven for a long moment before looking up at Leon.. "His name is Corben.. He wasn't always a raven. He was a Puca." she stared back at the bird, and its beady little eye met her gaze. "When I was a child, I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to talk to lesser fae. He was the first friend that I had in the night court. I was in trouble a lot, and punished, and I always did wonder how they knew what I'd been up to. But he had been working for the courtiers, and had never truly been my friend at all."

The raven cawed in protest, his wings spreading and flapping insistently.

Alynthi's eyes rolled. "He fell to his knees in apology when I found out. He had never meant to befriend me and claimed he'd forfeit his life to my service. But, I never wanted to see his face nor hear his voice again, and decided that I needed a spy of my own. I paid an elder fae in return for changing his form into something more suitable for the cause." she frowned.

Leon looked between Alynthi and the raven as she started her story. Holy shit was the first thought that crossed his mind. Alynthi was a beautiful, manipulative, spiteful woman and he was pretty sure he was pretty sure in those moments that she would be the death of him...or the love of his life...or both. They were going to have such a great year together. So much chaos and fun to be had.

"You are incredible..." The words slipped from his lips before he could stop them. That was some shit that he would have done if someone screwed him over like Corben had done to Alynthi. Honestly, he kind of wanted to pluck the feathers from the raven for hurting her. He noticed that he had been staring at her and quickly took a drink of his wine to cover his awkwardness. Leon Ilayda was not awkward...except around Alynthi.

"Alynthi...there is a coronation coming up soon. New King of the Spring Court nonsense. Would you like to go with me?" He finished his wine in one more drink and set the glass on the table. He would refill both of their glasses in a moment.

• Wonder
'You are incredible...'

Her violet hues brightened slightly and she blinked in surprise at his reaction. It wasn't exactly what she'd expected, not because what she'd done was despicable but because she wasn't entirely used to hearing such compliments. She felt her cheeks heat slightly and she laughed under her breath, realising she'd been staring straight back at him.

"I know.." she smirked with a shrug and drew her own wine to her lips, taking a long sip. At his question, her brows rose and her lips parted slightly as she lost herself in thought for a moment. Alynthi Farrow was never speechless...except with Leon.

"In.. In the Spring Court?.." ... 'Am I allowed?' would've been her next question had she not swallowed it, and instead she nodded uncertainly, a slow smile spreading across her face and settling in her eyes as she fixed her eyes on his.

"Yes. Yes, I'd like that." she beamed.

Leon chuckled at her I know response. He should have expected nothing else to come from her than those exact words. She was so sure of herself and so strong. It was impressive and he did not even know why she was here. It didn't matter though.

When she stuttered on her question, he smiled. She had never been at a lose for words before. He was a little smug about leaving her speechless even if it was just for a moment. "Good, we will attend then. I am sure it will be boring."

He refilled their wine glasses and took a drink. "What do you want to know about me, Alynthi?"

• Thoughtful
Aly smirked at him as he assured her of the event's tedious nature. "I am not sure you realise how little of our world I have seen." her brow rose and she followed in taking another sip of wine, her eyes smiling at him over her cup.

"Many things.. But I'm in no rush to learn everything. We have time, and I enjoy solving mysteries. I already know you're like no other male I've known.." she grinned, but her head tilted. "Though, I suppose I would like to know why you agreed to take me in? You could have sent me anywhere in the Dawn Court. I've been told, I'm not easy to live with." she mused with a sparkle of mischief in her eyes.