Private Tales The Es-Cah-Pay

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Leon chewed on her question for a few minutes before finally answering. He had wondered the same thing and then she had fallen asleep in his arms. He knew why then. She was beautiful, bold, sassy, scary...she was everything he wanted in a woman and she had quite literally been given to him for safe keeping. He was not going to tell her that though. No, he had another excuse - reason - ready.

"Hmmm..." He took a drink and swallowed. "I suppose it is because I am kind and benevolent. I also know that I will not hurt you and I will protect you. I cannot say that about everyone in this court."

--Two Weeks Later - Immediately following the coronation--

"Alynthi! I said I was sorry!" Leon begged again as they entered the house.

Good things about the coronation: Leon had met his sister. Bad things about the coronation: Leon had been a tad snappy and now Alynthi wanted to murder him. He had fucked up, he knew it. He had apologized at least a thousand times to the spiteful woman. Well...a thousand and one now.

• Devil
Reactions: Alynthi
"Yes, you did, but the fault is mine for letting myself believe.." she stopped, mid-way up the stairs, cutting herself off with a huff. She dropped her gaze to the floor. She couldn't look at him, not whilst she felt her eyes glisten with unshed tears. The last thing she wanted was his pity.

"May I go to my room?" she asked bitterly, her jaw clenching and her fingers keeping a firm grip on the banister.

Leon flinched at her words.

The fault is mine for letting myself believe...

For letting herself that he was different. He was different. He had fucked up. No Night Court male would ever apologize to a woman. He felt terrible. He wanted to hold her and say he was sorry until she believed him and forgave him.

Leon crossed the room and was almost to her when her next question cut him deep. It was the tone that his mother had used when she was disappointed in him.

"May I go to my room?"

The poor Fury of Manipulation was being manipulated by this tiny duanann who was over a foot shorter than he was. How the hell had this happened?! He took a chance and gently placed his hand on hers that had his banister in a death lock. "Please, Alynthi. I did not mean to snap at you. You know I am not like the men of the Night Court and, if anything, I am your property."

Was he helping or hurting himself...that was the question. "What do I need to do to show you how much you mean to me? I will grovel, Alynthi!" Spiteful, petty, beautiful manipulator and he couldn't even use his powers on her. It was cruel.

Last edited:
  • Devil
She had never had a male cause such a fuss over hurting her feelings. She was certain she'd never heard the word 'sorry' or 'please' uttered once before let alone so many times. Though, nothing made her sour expression pause like it did when he said that he was her property. It wasn't that she felt any victory - she didn't want to own him, she knew how that felt.. But that a male could ever say such a thing to a female was so utterly inconceivable to her that she was entirely lost for words.

'What do I need to do to show you how much you mean to me?'

Grovel?
She blinked at him incredulously, searching his face for any sign of a joke. But he was serious...

Alynthi's mouth had gone dry and she swallowed as she looked down at his hand on hers, so gentle she'd hardly realised it'd been there at all. She'd expected something much firmer, she'd expected anger and shouting and punishment - not pleading.

"Fine." she frowned, a part of her curious of how far he'd go. If he really would grovel. "Get on your knees, and beg my forgiveness, and perhaps I'll consider it." her brow arched.

Leon felt a surge of relief wash through him. A perhaps was better than a fuck off. He would take what he could get except now she was taking him up on his offer for groveling. Her closed his eyes for a second and let out a slow breath before he took his hand off of hers.

The six foot eight duanann maintained eye contact with Alynthi's purple gaze as he lowered himself down onto one knee. He took her hand that was not on the banister and looked like he was about to propose to her. Leon was in a position to look up at her now and he gave her a weak smile.

"My dearest fiery Alynthi, who has brought me joy and strife in this last month, I am on my knee begging for your forgiveness. I thoroughly fucked up and I cannot express the pain it has caused me that I caused you pain." Leon had never begged for forgiveness from anyone. He had never cared for anyone before Alynthi.

"I can only hope that you will look upon me with favor and allow me another chance," he squeezed her hand softly and widened his eyes slightly to look pathetic.

• Smug
He was fucking serious. He was actually getting on his knees in front of her and begging forgiveness. Alynthi wished she could feign a little more spite but she couldn't hide her surprise. Her mouth gaped a little and her brows rose.

The silence that fell after he stopped speaking was deafening, but once again she found herself stunned to silence by his efforts. "I.." she cleared her throat, blinking the bleariness from her gaze and glancing around, ensuring no-one else had seen his display.

Words seemed to stick in her throat, and so instead she lowered herself to his level and sat herself down on the step on which she'd stood. She stared at him for a moment before her free hand reached to his collar and she pulled him toward her and into a rather demanding kiss.

• Smug
Reactions: Leon Ilayda
Leon tried not to fidget in the silence that Alynthi let fall between them. He would stay here, on bended knee, until she decided to forgive him or kill him...whichever came first. He would be lying if he said he didn't like her dumbfounded look though. It brought him a spark of smugness.

Alythni finally lowered herself down to the step she had been standing on and he watched her warily. They sat there staring at each other for a moment and then she pulled him to her. He stumbled slightly and ended up on both of his knees as her lips met his.

Leon was completely surprised. This was not the response he was expecting, but it was a response he welcomed. He returned her kiss with the all of the feelings that had been building up since the night he met her. Leon's right hand came up to her cheek as his tongue nudged her lips to deepen the kiss. He had wanted to do this for so long.

• Smug
A shudder rippled through her as the kiss deepened, and she all but melted into it with a soft, throaty sound of approval against his lips. Her hands fisted in his jacket, as though he were the only solid thing in this dizzying, swaying world. He was like nothing she'd ever known and she knew she'd tested him, yet he was still so devotedly intent on making her happy. She was happy here, but admitting to that would be acknowledging that it wouldn't last.

And so for the moment, she smiled, and in their tangled kiss they were their pure and vulnerable selves, the world itself ceasing to exist, blurred and indistinct as a wet painting left out in a torrent of rain. The kiss, the look, a stolen moment that could have just washed away but instead was set, colour-fast and indelible. It was, simply put, perfect.

She broke the kiss to allow a breath to tumble from her lips, though her eyes remained closed whilst she savoured him right there, his lips still so close.

"I forgive you..." she whispered.

• Smug
Leon studied her beautiful face as she said three of the most beautiful words. She forgave him. He had already guessed that from the kiss but her whispered words just sealed it. He was never going to let this woman leave. Ever. He would do whatever he had to do to keep her here with him after the year was over. Whatever it took. That is...if she allowed it.

"Good," he said softly as his hand tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "I do not know how long I could have kept my balance, my dear Alynthi."

Their lips were still so close as he spoke. Should he kiss her again? He wanted to but he was a little afraid to push his luck. She may come to her senses at any moment. He brought his hand back to her cheek and smiled.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on, Alynthi Farrow. I hope you know that." He could not lie. It did not matter though because he would never lie to her. Ever. Even if he could. Leon brought his lips to hers once more in a much more chaste kiss. He would kiss her every single chance he got now.

• Cthuulove
She hadn't realised how tightly her fingers had furled into his jacket, but they slowly started to ease when she felt his lips again, and she returned the feathery kiss. Her smile curled until she wore a vibrant smile of pearly teeth and a quiet chuckle escaped her.

"I know.." she answered in a quiet whisper. "And you are the strangest male I've ever laid my eyes on, Leon Ilyada." she sighed, grazing her nose against his before drawing back slightly to study his face. He really was quite beautiful, and she bit gently at her lower lip, the memory of that kiss still searing.

"I really hope.." she said solemnly. "That you don't despise me by the time this year is through... I would really hate that." she frowned. It had never really mattered to her what males had thought of her before now. She'd never really cared for one because, well they were never this way with her. Even those she'd been intimate with over the years had never seemed to care about how she felt. They were always so quick to put her in her place and remind her of what she was if she dared speak out, and if she spoke out again...well.

• Cthuulove
Leon let out his own chuckle. He did not think he was that strange, but he supposed that if she was comparing him to the males of the Night Court then he was indeed a weird one. Alynthi's next words caught him off guard. He placed a hand under her chin to make sure she continued to look at him when he replied.

"Alynthi..." He started and then paused. "I do not think I could ever despise you. I am sure we will drive each other crazy plenty though." He placed a light kiss on her forehead before standing up and helping her to her feet.

"Now that I am back in your good graces, what do you want to do?" The sun was on its way into the horizon and it would be dark sooner rather than later. He could think of a few things he wanted to do with her and it brought a mischievous smile to his face.

"Anything you want, my dear..." That was a loaded offer if he had ever heard one. He had gotten better about giving her choices instead of open ended questions, but the kiss had scrambled his mind slightly.

• Smug
Her brow furrowed at his assurances, though her lips still smiled, still tingled with the memory of his. But, he could most certainly despise her. It wasn't something she'd particularly cared about before. She didn't have friends and it suited her because she didn't trust anyone; but he was making her question whether she could. Then again, whether she did or not, he'd realise some day that he couldn't trust her. Then he'd hate her.

She let out a slow sigh and traced her fingertips down the side of his face. "I think.. I'll take a bath, and get some rest." she answered quietly and leaned to press another small kiss to the corner of his lips. "Thank you for allowing me to accompany you tonight."

Leon smiled wickedly at the Night Court woman when she mentioned a bath. What he would do to help her with that bath. He quickly schooled his features as she rose up to kiss him again. "I will have Marna draw it for you, Alythni," he said in a soft voice.

"I am glad you came with me and I plan on having you accompany to everything else if you so desire." He smiled once more in her direction before he disappeared towards the kitchen to find Marna.

"You like her, Leon," it was not a question and he threw a look in the direction of the voice.

"Very much so and I almost fucked it all up this evening. Can you get a bath ready for her, please? Also, for me...separately..."

"Of course," Marna smiled at Leon as she disappeared out of the kitchen.

Leon leaned against the counter for a few minutes before he headed up to his room. It was not long until his bath was ready and he disrobed before sinking into the large tub. He rubbed his forehead and thought about the woman who had captured his heart and attentions so quickly.

He was sure that she would cause his death someway, somehow.

• Cthuloo
Aly's lips twisted in amusement as she saw his thoughts written quite plainly on his face. She gave him a slow shake of her head in incredulity and watched him leave before turning to continue up the stairs and along the corridor to her room.

The moment the door clicked shut at her back she leaned against it and let out a deep breath, but her thoughts were soon interrupted by the raven perched on the candelabra in the corner who cawed at her with a ruffle of his silken feathers.

"Oh shut up." she muttered with a look of warning that silenced the bird immediately.

The bath was blissful. Marna had even added lavender bath salts and petals, for which Aly was more than grateful. She soaked for a full hour, perhaps two, until there was no tension left in her muscles and her mind was light with a few refills of wine. The soothing scents clung to her, her robe was soft and comfortable, her bed was luxurious, but she lay awake, watching the moons ascend through her window with an occasional glance toward the door.

That kiss had her craving his company. It'd surprised her just how much it'd affected her, but her blood was molten and her skin a constant tingle as the memory revolved again and again through her mind. She could lie to herself as much as she wanted, tell herself that he was just another male, that he'd take what he could get out of her and discard her, that he'd only tear her apart.. But she knew it wasn't true.

After another hour and a cup of wine too many, Alynthi kicked her way free of her quilt and went to the door, opening it quietly and peeking both ways down the corridor before tiptoeing her way to his room. She didn't knock, she didn't want to wake him. Instead she crept - albeit slightly unstable on her feet - through the darkened room to slip in beside him.

Leon had enjoyed his bath without the addition of lavender bath salts that Alynthi had gotten. He had relaxed for quite sometime thinking about the day and evening. He had finally gotten to meet his younger sister and she seemed very happy in the Spring Court. He was happy for her. He and Alynthi had survived their first fight and he had literally begged for her forgiveness. Then she had kissed him. That was beautiful in and of itself. This fiery woman was not afraid to go after what she wanted and he appreciated it.

He finally separated from the bath, dried himself off, and threw on a simple pair of soft night pants. Leon had drank a few glasses of whiskey while he relaxed in the bath and they were hitting him now that he was standing. Well...either they were hitting him or he was extremely tired or both.

He slid into bed and pulled the blanket over him. It took all of five seconds for him to fall asleep.

Leon awoke at the sound of his door opening and shutting. Alynthi was quiet but he was an extremely light sleeper. He smiled as she crossed the room and stumbled slightly. She had been drinking or she was clumsy. One of the two. The blonde beauty lifted the blanket and slipped into bed with him. He did not say a word as he turned on his side and pulled her closer to him, her head resting in the crook of his arm and his arm draped across her body.

He kissed her softly on the forehead and smiled down at her in the dark. "Goodnight, Alynthi, my beautiful night creature."

He liked this more than he could even explain. She was not like anyone else he had ever had in his bed before and he did not just want to use her and discard her. He wanted her. He wanted her in every way instead of just the one he usually wanted.

• Cthuulove
The sleepiness she hadn't been able to find in her own room hide her like a wave the moment she was tangled in arms. Her lips curled at the tenderness she hadn't expected but welcomed none-the-less, and her eyes that seemed to emit a faint glow blinked lazily at him. She sighed as she curled in close, sharing the warmth that she could never have hoped to create on her own. She had always felt cold, and though it didn't bother or ail her, it made her appreciate heat and comfort all the more. His was a new sort of warmth entirely, and she drank it in as deeply as she had her wine, and fell straight to sleep.

She rarely slept soundly and almost never through an entire night, but when her lashes slowly blinked open she squinted at the morning light pouring in and sighed with a soft sound of indulgence as she let her eyes close to savour a few more minutes of snugness. It was then that she noticed the weight of an arm around her and the feel of a chest at her back and her eyes shot open again.

This wasn't her room. Her brow furrowed at the disorientation and she tried to piece together the previous night. Wine. Oh gods. Still, the slight panic she felt at her spotty memory wasn't enough to force her out of the gentle cage of his arms just yet, and gently she turned within them to face him, wondering if he was awake.

Leon had watched Alynthi for a little bit after her breathing had steadied out and she was asleep. He followed shortly after with a genuine smile on his face. Like her, he slept peacefully through the night. He did not remember any dreams when he finally awoke in the morning.

It was not the sun that woke him, it was Alynthi wiggling around in his arms so she could face him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down at her beautiful face. "Good morning, Alynthi," he said softly as he place an equally soft kiss on her forehead.

Instead of loosening his hold on her, Leon pulled her tighter to him. "I hope you slept well, I certainly did especially after you decided to join me." He lifted the arm that was holing her and pushed some of her blonde hair behind her ear. "Have I told you that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen?"

Of course he had. He would tell her every chance he possibly could. Leon put his arm back around her waist and rested his hand on the small of her back.

• Cthuulove
Aly's lips tightened into a somewhat awkward smile as she met his equally sleepy gaze. A sigh tumbled from her lips and her eyes closed as she appreciated the tender kiss to her head. She wasn't sure what she'd expected, but she was sure she'd never get used to such precious little gestures.

"Hm." she smiled as he pulled her closer. "Good morning." she answered softly, her lips curling into a small smirk. She wasn't going to apologise. She had slept wonderfully, and it was apparent that Leon hadn't minded in the slightest given how he held her now, and at his compliment, she gave a lazy smile and a quiet breath of a laugh.

"Yes. You have." she answered and studied his face. "But I'll never tire of hearing it." she mused and let her fingertips trace the strong line of his jaw. He was so very tempting. Everything about him drew her in like a honeytrap she knew she'd drown in if she wasn't careful.

"It seems I've taken your hospitality a little too far. Apparently I was not quite comfortable enough.." she smirked and sighed. "I'll return to my room... In, just another few minutes."

Leon chuckled at her comment about his hospitality. "I would agree if it was not for the fact that I have been hoping that you would crawl into my bed every night since you arrived." He wanted to kick himself for admitting that. He was still slightly scared that this tiny woman would slit his throat while he slept. This was a great step in the direction of not getting murdered though.

"First off, the only thing you ever need to return to your room for is to gather your stuff and move it over here," he said with a smile in his voice. He quickly added, "if you want to, of course!"

She looked up at him with those gorgeous lavender eyes and he wanted to give her everything he had. He leaned in and kissed her gently. "Second, I am not sure if I want either of us to move from this bed today. I am perfectly content with laying here, holding you, and kissing you again and again."

Leon was not sure how Alynthi and stolen his heart so completely in such a short period of time.

Alynthi grinned, and there was absolutely nothing she could do to hide the rising blush on her cheeks at his admission.

"I'm not so sure that would be a very wise idea.." she laughed and traced her fingertips down one side of his face as she returned the kiss with a smile against his lips.

"I suppose I could stay a little while longer." she grumbled, apparently easily convinced. "But its only going to make it more difficult to leave." she smirked.

"Good," Leon said with his own smile. That did not take very much convincing at all. He didn't think it would though. She had invited herself into his bed and he couldn't blame her for not wanting to leave. Although, he had not even done anything that usually kept women in his bed. He was so afraid that he was going to send her running that he was okay with taking anything excruciatingly slow.

The large fae male let one of his hands slip under her robe to rub her back slowly and gently as they laid there in each others arms. Her skin was so incredibly soft and he was fighting the urge to touch more of her. "I already told you that we do not have to leave. I can have food and drinks and whatever else you want delivered up her, Alynthi. So what do you want?"

His voice was low and his hand lazily drew designs on her back. He kissed her once more for good measure while he waited for her decision.

Alynthi tensed slightly as she felt his hand against her skin, though her eyes drifted closed and a shuddered breath tumbled from her lips. She wasn't used to touches so tender and gentle, and she melted back into him as she relaxed again. His voice seemed to reverberate through her bones, like a deep rolling thunder somewhere in the distance, and she suppressed the shudder that crept up her back at the sound.

"Hmm." her lips curled at his words. "Not what I meant.." she opened her eyes, returning the kiss with a deep sigh. Gods she was enjoying this way too much, but her heart was as fragile as it was cold, and as the weeks moved on she wanted more and more to keep him, and she knew she couldn't.

"I don't know what I want." she answered quietly, studying those golden eyes as she combed his hair back from his face. "Well, I do, but..." she faltered and laughed under her breath, though there was no mirth in her eyes. Her voice dropped to a whisper, as though afraid her heart might hear her speak. "Giving in to this would be to break my own heart, Leon Ilyada." she frowned softly.

Leon did not stop rubbing her back or pull away from her. He just listened to her words and kissed her forehead when she was done venting her worries and fears. He could see the conflict in her eyes and it broke his heart a little bit. He wanted her to be safe and happy here. The thought of him hurting her or how being with him would hurt her made him sad.

"And why do you say that, Alynthi Farrow?" His question was simple. His tone had not changed, he had not hesitated, and he now held her gaze with his golden eyes. He would never force anything on her but he was concerned about how serious she had become all of a sudden.

"I will find a way to keep you here, Alynthi...if that is your worry. I do not want you to leave when your time here is completed. The thought of a Night Court male having you as his wife makes me..." He trailed off. Upset? Mad? Angry? He did not want to sound like a possessive psycho. Leon sighed softly, "I do not want to think of you miserable back in the Night Court with another male, Alynthi."

• Cthuulove
Alynthi's brows rose at the sort of words that he spoke and her head tilted.

"You wish to keep me?" she asked, her tone one of mixed delight and incredulity. She pushed herself up onto her elbow, her other hand resting on his chest as she studied him. She honestly wasn't sure why, but she was certain that she didn't deserve him. She didn't want to return to the night court either, not now that she'd lived with him for a few weeks, not now that she'd tasted freedom and felt safe. She certainly didn't want a night court male, but marriages there didn't often come with a choice.

"I want to stay, I do.. But they won't allow it. I will be expected to answer for my crimes one way or another and I won't have you dragged into it." she sighed.

Leon rolled to his back, taking his hand that he had been rubbing her back and putting it under his head. His other was still under her and he pulled her against his side with ease.

"Alynthi, you are currently cuddling with the fury of manipulation." His smirk was pure mischievous evil as he looked at her. "If you want to stay, you will stay. I was dragged into it as soon as you looked at me with this beautiful eyes of yours."

He looked back up at the ceiling because he could not handle looking at her when she rejected him again. He knew she believed everything she was saying since she couldn't lie but that didn't make any of this better.

He wanted so bad to agree with her and let her live the rest of her year away from him but that would be torture. It was so much easier when he disappeared from beds before the sun rose. This had to be his karma.