Private Tales Silver Home

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Michiko Nishanti

Targets & Tea for Me
Character Biography
Link
The weeks since their ship docked at Silverhearth were the most fulfilling and beautiful of Michiko's current century. She sat on a ledge overlooking the city in the distance, her archers meandering around her firing arrows at target rattan. A breeze stroked her skin, tussling her braided and bound hair.

"Ahoy! Ahoy, sails on the horizon!" Akio called from his watch position above a tower. Michiko scampered up the wall, joining Akio as they watched in the distance. Sails, and emblems upon them.

"Elbion journeyed, it seems. And the Silverblood crest! It's the troops." MIchiko watched the sails come across the horizon, as watchtowers across the Silverhearth appeared to increase in activity. Akio grinned and slapped Michiko on the shoulder as she scampered down and climbed to her horse, racing to the Castle.

"Cedric! Cedric, the troops are coming! The ships are returning from Elbion!" Her face flushed, as she came upon Lord and Lady Silverblood. She hopped up on her toes, before turning round one more time. "What... Oh heavens calm down, me."

She took a breath and rushed to her quarters, where Ainyo was perusing the dresses and trousers she'd since placed in the wardrobe. In Ainyo's mind, this was home now, the meeting between Michiko and Kaelen nothing but a complication to be delighted in once it arrived.

And today it arrived in full.

The old maid pressed at a long hunter green tunic and soft suede trousers, Michiko's black leather boots and matching sword belt. She pulled off Michiko's dirt covered clothing and dressed her, knowing well it was best to keep her comfortable in her own footing. Once Michiko was dressed, Ainyo took a House Kaho healing crystal necklace from round her own neck, and placed the heirloom upon Michiko's neck.

"There. Go see him. Introduce yourself, and keep expectations to a minimum until time has passed. Trust Cedric, if he believes you are fit for Kaelen Silverblood, I believe his judgement is best."

Many women would dress their potential brides in the best courtly dress they had, but for Ainyo's knowledge of her charge. If they flung her out as some rose-haired dandy it would only raise a consummate soldier's guard. Michiko had to be comfortable and on her own terms. Clean, with her leather jerkin placed over, the white petal-like leather armour sculpting her feminine assets in the truth of her, a warrior.

Michiko rushed out to Cedric, to meet him and see her potential match for the first time.

• Yay
Reactions: Kaelen Silverblood
A guard rushed into Silverhearth Hall. Cedric looked towards the female fox with a questioning look. The arrival of Kaelen's ships got Cedric to his feet immediately. Commands were issued and everyone began to rush about. The Lord's youngest brother and their forces that had spent years on the mainland were back. It was time for celebration and reunion. A festival Lady Silverblood had been planning since her brother-in-law's letter had arrived. It was to be a happy time.

When Michiko Nishanti arrived she was welcomed by the Lord and Lady to join them. She and her people were guests here. She was also to marry Kaelen. What else could possibly be needed to give her the right to stand with them? It was time for her precious first meeting with her future husband.

They had waited for an hour after the ships docked in port when a servant announced a party was approaching from the ships. Kaelen was here. He was finally here. Cedric ordered for the main hall to be readied. He was excited. Everyone was excited. Michiko would be able to feel it all coming off of them.

A horn announced the arrival of the party as the doors opened. Several soldiers walked in wearing the Silverblood colors. Humans, elves, and beastfolk. A person lead them with a hooded cloak covering them. As they came in they stopped before Cedric's throne and kneeled with their heads down. Cedric said, "Please, raise your heads and stand. You are heroes in this hall."

The party did as asked. As they did Cedric said with a warm smile, "Welcome home Kaelen."

Throwing back the hood, the cloaked person said, "Sorry my Lord, but I'm not the commander."

Cedric blinked then frowned as a human around his thirties with tattoos of runes covering his body stood before him. The Lord said in a somewhat angry tone, "Where is my brother?"

"Drinking my Lord." The man said. "I was ordered to inform you he will be late getting home. He has an important duty to see to before he arrives."

"And what duty is so important it can't wait?" Cedric asked in the same tone as before. Disappointment. Irritation. Frustration. These emotions radiated from the Lord in strength nearly on the level as when Sterling had interrupted the party months ago.

"Visiting the families of our fallen brothers and sisters my Lord. Hence the drinking." The runed man replied.

Cedric took in a deep breath and slowly released it. As he did his emotions calmed. After a moment he said in a much calmer tone, "I understand. That is indeed more important. Thank you for informing me. All of you are welcome to food and drink. You are free to continue your other duties or to see your families as well."

The party saluted their Lord then left the hall. Cedric put his face in his hand and tried to rub the frustration away. As he did he said, "My apologizes Lady Michiko. It seems my idiot brother is going to make you wait a while longer to meet him."

• Yay
Reactions: Michiko Nishanti
Finally! The day came. The fort was rebuilt, their Kaho town sprawled with new cabins and a market with stalls, smithy, shops built, or on the process of being completed with rooms for the shop owners’ families above.

The months since her fateful journey ended were mere blinks in her life. House Kaho were as diligent as soldiers on the front of a war for their own families’ lives, as truth was, they were. While some longed to hold their lover’s, children and parents, other members of House Kaho were complete in their new environs. The town of Ebelenko waited only for the potential for failure to pass.

All hinged on the marriage of Michiko Kaho and Kaelen Silverblood... and he was gifted with no knowledge of his potential bride’s existence.

Michiko stood beside the Lord and Lady, wringing her hands behind her Ladyship’s back. This was it.

Months of preparation, and the future plenty of her People, on a single man rising to his feet, raising a hood. Michiko’s heart stabbed with the anger of Cedric and his wife.

Were all the Silverbloods so difficult to pin down? First Sterling now Kaelen?! No. Not today. This day she would look upon the face of he, who would be hers.

Today she would decide, yay or nay. Even with Cedric’s reassurance that Kaelen Silverblood would be dim of mind to ignore her, the doubt remained. He might be ghastly, seen in the lens of who he used to be, than what he became through years of war. Battles made ghosts of the living, and saints of the dead.

The man drank to face those left, who grieved through parting for years of combat. Was he sensitive or ill coping? Tortured or exhausted to dissuade the respect of protocol? Spreading her hands on her leather jerkin, Michiko’s gaze cast to her boots.

“It appears he had less desire to return than we thought, Lord Cedric... well. I could remain here and wait his arrival, or go meet my fate. Perhaps it is best to see the man before he reaches the whispers of Silverhearth?” Bowing for Cedric and his wife, Michiko set her disappointment into a serene mask. “My Lord and Lady, if you permit your servant, I will go with Sir Silverblood’s companions to ensure he has the libations he requires. Taiki, my horse. If you will pardon me, I can be to his camp.”

• Yay
Cedric just waved his hand and said, "You are free to do as you wish Michiko. That foolish brother of mine likely won't return to the castle until tomorrow."

Lady Silverblood gave her husband a stern look that lasted for longer than Cedric would have wanted. After he shifted his weight in his throne, she turned her attention to Michiko. A friendly look now on her face she said, "That is a wonderful idea. You are free to take whatever you wish from our larder. I suggest you also speak with the rune covered man on what Kaelen enjoys to drink and where you might find him. Best of luck."

Michiko would find all the soldiers from before had gathered together for a quick bite to eat and some cheap wine. They would tell her how the commander would drink pretty much anything and that he could be found at a tavern popular with the local soldiers. One near the docks by the name of the Tipsy Traveler.

=======

Inside the Tipsy Traveler, Kaelen sat at a private table nursing a pint of mead. In front of him was a collection of papers with various names, numbers, and addresses written on it. He was looking at all of the families he needed to visit in the city that had lost someone in his company. The idea of facing them and telling them what had happened was not going to be easy. Some of them might even already have heard of what happened as well, but he wasn't willing to bet it would go smoothly.

Kaelen took another drink. It seemed like it would be a bad idea for him to get drunk but he needed something to calm down his nerves. It was one thing to face down a person intent on taking your life. It was another to stand before someone's spouse or parents and tell them their loved one wasn't coming back. It didn't help either that Kaelen knew or was familiar with nearly every name on the list. He had lead them into battle and they gave the ultimate sacrifice for him. It was now time for him to try to repay that debt in even the smallest of ways.

Michiko Nishanti

"Commanders and their duties, eh Lord Silverblood? We shall be patient while he handles what he considers most important, and go from there." Michiko smirked at the emotions roiling off Cedric. As much as it was want to control the lives of others under their Hall, sometimes those controls never got to be put in place. Lady Silverblood was much more appeasing, her grace was by now legendary to the lost Elven maid, and Michiko counted her as companion and friend.

"Many thanks, Lady Silverblood. I promise I will return with Kaelen, or despite him. Either way, he shall know that he is welcome back to the Castle, and that others await his return. She swept away and procured a mule's worth of food and drink, rushing off with the aide of Kaelen Silverblood 's soldiers to the Tipsy Traveller.

If she was even more lucky than she imagined, perhaps she would appear before the news of Kaelen's arranged bride hit the cochlea of his soldiers' ears.

By the time she sat in her saddle and was off, however, Michiko was already too late. Word broke, first with the soldiers after one had whistled behind her, and another of Silverhearth shook his head, and spoke of the arrangement.

Standing within the confines of the Pub, Michiko searched for the man in the portrait. What she found was not the man painted in the Silverbloods' Hall. Kaelen Silverblood was far more rugged and handsome than the painter could possibly have put paint upon canvas. There he was, sipping mead and pouring over papers. Michiko tipped off the barkeep, and with the aide of two of her archers and two of the Silverhearth's own, laid out the food and beverages for Kaelen's attending soldiers (if any there were). She took a bottle of ale with her, and two mugs.

Sliding the bottle along the table to Kaelen's hand, Michiko squared her shoulders and gave what she thought was a distant, but respectful smile.

"Sir Kaelen Silverblood, I beg your pardon, but your delay at returning to the Castle was noted by Cedric and Lady Silverblood, and I have elected to come and ensure you are kept well until we return to the Castle. Your brother has much desire to speak with you, and as for me... I desire to know the man so many speak of with fondness. As a commander of my own force, I recognize the situation in which you have found yourself, and would offer what assistance you may allow. My name is Michiko Kaho, Commander of the Kirin Archers, and your brother has been generous in allowing us land of our own to settle within Silverblood territories. So... Your neighbour, as it were... Drink?"

• Yay
This duty was incredibly important. It was incredibly personal as well. But it didn't make it easier. Kaelen knew he had to do this but he sincerely wished he didn't. Death came to them all however. If only the ones on the list had seen their end on this mortal plane come from old age rather than violence. He had sadly played his part in it and because of it could not avoid this task. He owed it to every single one of them and had sorted out a system on how to reach as many of them as he could as soon as possible. He sadly had too many families to visit to take his time....

All of the introverted musings on solemn thoughts came to an end for Kaelen when a feminine voice spoke to him after a bottle touched his hand. Looking up, he expected to find a bar wench or bard woman with a large chest exposed in the hopes of gaining a big tip. What Kaelen was met with instead was an elven woman in a dress far too expensive and exquisite for the place they were at. As he listened he studied her over. A beauty. One he would love to try to take to a bed right now if not for a couple of things: his pressing duty and the mention of his brother. Well seemed this little encounter was not as fun as it would have been if she was a random stranger. She just had to be a stranger with political ties.

A smile still came to Kaelen's lips despite everything. His desire to flirt was still there even if he wasn't likely to take it past that right now. Eastern elf or not, a beauty was a beauty after all. The name of her house had been noted but not processed yet however. His words came out in a tone not hinting at the heavy burden he was carrying, "I'm no knight Lady Michiko, but I wouldn't mind servicing you." A wink followed.

After a pause Kaelen went on. "So my brother sent you to babysit me. Sorry you have to waste your time. A beauty such as yourself has far better places to be. Such as seducing all the noble boys who couldn't possibly handle all your," He looked her up and down slowly. ", curves, at the college of Stormhold."

Michiko Nishanti

Kaelen Silverblood ’s eyes lingered on Michiko’s battle attire. Her eyes batted… perhaps the rumours of his flirtatious nature were far from false. Michiko pursed her lips and waited for a reply, sliding to sit across from him at the table.

For one who seemed so light, he took his responsibility serious enough to avoid the comforts of home. Unless some inner demons chased him from the Castle, Michiko had to wonder why.

“Why not start by pouring me a drink, not-Sir-Knight Kaelen?” She glanced at the papers, noting how many appeared on the list. Not an easy fear for any commander. Her eyebrows tilted. How many had they lost in their Elbion campaign?

“Actually, your brother insisted I stay at the Castle and wait. I and the Lady Silverblood, however, packed food and drink for yourself and your retinue and I rode out regardless. If your duty is to your soldiers and their families first, then at least you can do so with some small comforts from home.” Snorting softly at Kaelen’s comment, Michiko shook her head, a wry sidelong grin peeking on her lovely face. “Boys. Bah. I’m a warrior, Kaelen Silverblood. Nothing short will do me… or my… curves. No. I came for no other reason than to do you well, and ease your task… and see for myself the infamous Kaelen, before some tedious festive occasion steals you away. Besides! Would you rather hear news from home from some bloated herald, or one who brings you drink?”

• Yay
A wicked smirk crossed Kaelen's lips as he listened to Michiko Nishanti speak. Unlike most other ladies she had a sense of humor as well as was willing to flirt back a bit. That peaked his interest greatly. As she had prompted, he began to pour her a drink from the bottle of ale she had brought with her. Wine was his mother's favorite drink so the majority of the cellar was filled with it, but the brothers all had developed a taste for ale and Cedric made sure to keep a few bottles of the good stuff hidden. Looked like she had been given from that stash.

"You are here for no other reason than to do me well are you?" Kaelen said to her. "Why don't you prove it in a private room?" A wink followed.

Kaelen began to pour a glass of ale himself. Once it was full he took a sip of the brown liquid. The taste was familiar and he hadn't realized how long it had been since the last time until now. How many years had they been away from home? Not just himself but all his men. They were finally home.... Well not all of them. The list of names was daunting. A wall that intimidated him far beyond any the mainland had put between him and his military goal. He needed to do right by those who had to be left behind.

A smile was given to Michiko. Kaelen could use a bit of distraction and maybe some courage right now. A little relaxing would do him wonders after the long journey home. Hopefully this Michiko Kaho could provide it.

• Yay
“Hah! Hahaha, oh I strolled into that both boots in a trot, didn’t I?” The others said Kaelen was a flirt, but seeing for herself the way he worded everything to get a maid he never met in his bed was amazing. Shaking her head, Michiko couldn’t help but smile. “And the ride out here laden with a larder’s worth of provisions was no proof at all? Here I thought an army and its’ warriors marched on its’ stomach, Not-Sir.”

A sip of ale taken, the amber beverage coating her throat on the way down. She leaned an elbow on the table, posture perfect but relaxed as she experienced the atmosphere of the inn. Take her unwittingly betrothed into a private room? Test the waters, as it were. But was it fair to do any such thing without Kaelen’s knowledge of the arrangement Cedric agreed to on his behalf? Yet, if Kaelen was underwhelming… Michiko could leave. Claim incompatibility and drift off…

“Kaelen, it is important for you to understand…” Squaring her shoulders, Michiko chewed on the words to follow. She drank her ale, as one familiar with the beverage. “… I and my House have settled in your lands. I am not some thick-thighed bar maid, who lays a man for tips, then disappears. I will be in your life for years to come.”

A sense of the intimidation Kaelen Silverblood felt stroked across the table. Worry, hesitation built upon the unpleasant business at hand… and how serious his mind was taking it. How a longing came for the ability to let go the tensions for a time, to rise above them to lovelier passions and distract the man…

“… if you refuse to make odd our continued community post-proving, then we shall have need of a room.” In the strongest sense, Kaelen appeared to need what Michiko could provide. Perhaps not to save his soul, or something so grand, but to work through the hardest hours. “Bring the ale and whiskey.”

To say Kaelen was thinking straight and in the right state of mind to process exactly what Michiko Nishanti was saying to him right now would be an understatement. Travel and the combined stress of returning home with the task of seeing the fallens' families had his mind preoccupied. The hint of just how long term their time together would be was not picked up on.

But Kaelen did pick up on her invite to going to a more private room. It got his blood flowing, although probably not to the right places. A wolfish smile crossed his lips. "You might not be a bar maid but you are thich-thighed my Lady. Spending a long amount of time together does not bother me in the slightest."

Kaelen winked at her then finished off the glass of ale he had. He grabbed the bottles and his papers off the table before standing up. "I will get us a room. Why don't you enjoy the last of your drink and then we can meet up at the stairs?" He didn't wait for an answer. He was off to go speak with the owner to rent a private room for the two of them.

As Kaelen was doing this a yell came from across the room. "Oh come on! The one time!" A small group of soldiers dressed in the Silverblood colors were enjoying food and drink. The human male's companions just laughed at his outburst as coin began to exchange hands.

“I beg your… what’s wrong with my thighs!? You… haven’t a clue of what I spoke to, do you?” The more she looked at the great Kaelen Silverblood, the more Michiko wondered if his mind had simply shut itself down for the anticipation of the rut. Her eyes narrowed. She glanced behind her, almost ready to slap him. There was positively nothing wrong with her thighs, or how they displayed in her leather trousers.

This? This was what she was marrying? Well, that remained to be seen… Would he somehow let the pieces click, if he did get over his monumental guilt, fatigue and hesitation to do what every commander desperately wished to avoid? Heaving a sigh, which in truth did much to accentuate certain assets of her frame, Michiko shook her head.

“Oh, you’ll figure it out. Best not get weird with me, though. I won’t be cast aside, Kaelen Silverblood!” Rolling her eyes, Michiko downed her drink and stood up with a stretch. She pointed with hand signals to her small troop she brought to help disperse the food and drink, then walked up to the stairs, muttering. “Worth it, her Ladyship would say… he’s a unique one… putting it mildly, man can’t have a conversation without…”

Her muttering broke as she heard the exclamation from the other side of the room. They… bet on him… Michiko’s palm struck her own face, drawing it down as she groaned inwardly.

What sort of cuckold and vagabond was Cedric thrusting at her with all the aplomb of Kaelen’s own unwitting eagerness? The inner emotions swirling round the man were where her interest lied. Kaelen was far more complex than a human male and his predilection to sloppy gene-dispersion, his mind and emotions alive with the stresses and duties he folded around himself like his House colours. If this was how he needed to relieve that stress, could she fault him?

Correction: How could she fault him yet?

Michiko rubbed her calloused palms together, glancing at fingertips far more used to a bow and short sword than any form of Lady-like activity. Would he hate these hands? Would he be familiar with the feel of calloused fingertips grazing his skin? She leaned against the wall by the stairs, watching the negotiation between Kaelen and a stunned Innkeeper. Coin was exchanged.

She watched how the candle light of the Inn strew gold flecks in his silver hair. He was not an unpleasant man. As Michiko waited to flee away with Kaelen, two of her attendants sat down in the betting group.

“Where’s the Lady Kaho going?” Hiko filled his mug, sitting down after pouring everyone another round.

“She don’t waste time. Not for this long, we’ve been months waiting already. Do you blame her?” Fema reached for a portion of cheese, and yanked off a hunk of bread. “You try waiting for your arranged betrothed for months, and see what happens.”

“You women… all the same. Lord Cedric gives her a husband and she can’t wait to tell the groom about it in person. I say, let them be. Ale, gents? Best get used to drinking together, the lot of us. Seeing as how those two are arranged to wed.” Hiko said, to Kaelen’s men.

• Yay
The discussion with the owner wasn't very long. Usually Kaelen would just pay the price knowing it was likely higher than it needed to be because it was better to spread some coins around. But this time he had other priorities. He wanted to give his new found companion some time to enjoy their drink so he haggled a bit. Enough that the owner felt they had some sway but not really giving much ground for awhile. Course the owner knew they were discussing things with a Silverblood due to Kaelen's unique appearance so it could have just been a game for them to knowing he was wasting some time.

After the little game was finished up, Kaelen saw Michiko Nishanti by the stairs and swaggered on over. She was attractive and definitely gifted with feminine charm. The combination made it hard for him to think with his brain. Did he really need to though? Probably but he wasn't.

A little problem popped up however in the form of a rather thick in all the right places especially the thighs woman. She was one of the serving girls and had her bosom on full display as she stood in front of Kaelen. A not so coy or subtle gleam in her eyes spoke of what she was after before her words ever did.

"I noticed you got a room for the night." The woman said in a bit of a coo.

"Aye, I did." Kaelen responded with a friendly smile to her. She was in his way.

"The rooms can be rather cold even with the fire going. I could help keep you warm." She said as she leaned in and began to play with his hair a bit with her finger tips. "I could also do more."

Kaelen pulled his head back and side stepped the woman. Now she wasn't in his way. He said in as polite a tone as someone in a hurry and kind of irritated with the delay could manage, "A kind offer but I have made other arrangements. Plenty of people in need of warming over there though." He pointed over at one of the tables where his men were enjoying food and drink at.

The woman pouted a bit as Kaelen left her behind and rejoined Michiko. It didn't take her long to recover and wander off to the table he had indicated. As he approached he smiled at the lady and said, "Sorry to keep you waiting. Got held up by a much less attractive and worthwhile offer." Another wink for the night that was quickly followed up by a pat on her backside. He smirked and headed up the stairs.

======

The Kaho soldiers were given looks by Kaelen's forces. A bit of a somber mood had taken them over as well as a bit of silence. Eventually the only one with any sort of markings on them saying they were more than a basic footman spoke up. "That so? Hope she doesn't mind some disappointment. If Cedric set this up then I doubt the commander will go agree to it. He isn't too keen on that whole noble heirarchy and political games thing."

The others made their own forms of silent agreements. The one clearly in charge gave it a couple of seconds then went on, "But if she can tame him then I say good. He should be a bit less rebellious with the Lord. Lord Cedric isn't their father after all and has been good to us with keeping the deals the commander made with him for us."

The man chuckled a bit which seemed to break the tension. "Did you know we are getting a fort and town built for us? What noble house does that? No real need for them either. Not like we are having a conflict with the neighbors right now or have any for decades. But I'm not complaining if they want to throw gold and silver around at a whim. My family might actually have some personal space now after getting out of the crowded city!"

Her attendants didn’t seem to have trouble sitting in with Kaelen Silverblood’s men. Michiko craned her ears, but with the hubbub of the Tavern, she could barely tell they were talking. Maybe she should have waited at the Castle, like Cedric suggested? Was this the best of her ideas? Smoothing down her leather cuirass, Michiko tried tugging her tunic an inch lower over her backside.

The barmaid swooped in, and the tips of Michiko’s ears alit with crimson. She was built for companionship in a way Michiko’s warrior frame simply wasn’t. What was Kaelen like? Would he take her up on her clearly physically better offer?

Looking around herself, Michiko pushed off the wall and swerved to walk back toward her men when the irritation in Kaelen struck her mind. A grin swept over her face as he told the woman off. So he would keep even a small commitment.

“Was she? I barely noticed she breathed… alright…” The grin faded as her cheeks flushed pink, the tips of her ears following suit.

“Eep!” Michiko jolted as Kaelen patted her backside and headed up the stairs. Michiko chased up the stairs, her laughter clear and joyous in the air. “Kaelen! You absolute fiend!”

---

Hiko and Fema glanced at each other, before Hiko leaned in.

“We hope he takes her. We were exiled from our lands, and it was us who built your town and rebuilt that Fort, while you lot were coming home! Lord Cedric gave us land near that old Fort… let us start our own village. Wouldn’t want my wife and children to be without a home. Rest of our people are still up there, working like a mad pack of wolves on a carcass to finish by the time you lot make North. Don’t care about politics. Care that my family gets to sleep in their own beds. Hope you lot like our work, Lady Michiko’s been doing nothing but preparing that town for you and yours. Ain’t slept more than a wink since the whole thing was arranged.” Hiko drank more of his ale, elbows leaning on the table.

“At the Lady’s behest, we’ve set space for a growing grove, you see? A river sways down, breaks into a stream, and we’ve made certain to lay down plantings which will give all of us access to the herbs and medicinal plants we use in our tinctures. She set it up right, see? We had all this space, so we ensured not but two houses are touching at a time. Share a wall with your neighbours on one side, but that isn’t so bad… thing about Lady Kaho… she said she’d not make the arrangement official unless she liked him. Caused a row our first day here. Guess she’s up there seeing if she likes him or not.”

• Yay
The room Kaelen had rented was the largest one in the inn. It was also the most private of them all. Being at the end of the second story and the hallways of doors, it was a straight walk to it. The key had been given to him so opening the door was easy. He made sure to hold the door open for Michiko Nishanti to enter. It also gave him a chance to get a look at her rear in her pants. The sight brought a bit of a smirk.

A comfortable double bed, a short dresser, a simple writing desk, and a small table with a pair of chairs around it made up the room the pair had entered. Kaelen went over to set the booze down on the table so they could get to it easily. He went over to the desk and stored his papers there. After all of this he turned to Michiko and smiled to her quietly. He thought about saying something, but remembered he still had one more thing to do.

After locking the door back so they couldn't be disturbed, Kaelen said as he faced his new companion once more, "There. All alone." He smirked. "What possible trouble could the two of us get into in private?"

• Yay
Michiko walked into the room with a cautious turn to her shoulders. Was she in a private room in the Inn with her... what was Kaelen Silverblood? He was a man. One, who had too much on his shoulders, while his coin bought him a moment's peace. Michiko walked through the room's locked door, the whiff of her deception coating her hair.

Was it right to not disclose the full nature of their relationship before what inevitably happened next? But... she had been disclosing. Kaelen wasn't listening, driven by his duty and a need for distraction. Could she fault him, knowing from which the place he was in for herself? She watched him put the whiskey down, wondering what her Ladyship would think to see Michiko in such a position. She watched him move, seeing the way he treated even the air around him.

"Kaelen... I'm not going away... I will be around you for years to come." Michiko whispered, drifting closer to him. He didn't seem to notice.

"Quite some trouble, indeed. Tempestuous trouble, the sort we wake up form far too late, I'm afraid." Michiko grinned up at Kaelen Silverblood. "Kaelen... oh, you'll know... eventually...."

She sunk into his arms, feeling the curious sensation of home, which shocked and temporarily harmed her calm... but he was warm. Comforting.

FTB

It was a surprise how quickly things took a turn for the physical. Kaelen was use to things not going so smoothly nor so quickly without coin or politics being involved. But as much of a surprise as it was it was very much welcomed. He went willingly into the events he had honestly started himself. He wrapped his arms around her when she sunk into them and just let what would happen happen.

FTB

The morning was far too soon. That was due in large part to how late Kaelen and Michiko Nishanti had stayed up. Neither seemed to complain much at the time either. The activity did leave him feeling refreshed in more ways than he thought it would. It was as if his head and heart were clear for the first time in weeks. A refreshing change.

The problem with this change however was that it meant Kaelen had time to ponder on some things. He had woken up early, as sleep was not always easy or constant for him, but had avoided getting up. He didn't want to disturb his companion and he wanted to enjoy just laying there with another person. It was not often enough that it happened.

House Kaho. Kaelen knew of it and some of the rumors about them. Last he knew was it was nearly wiped out. She would be the sole survivor of the line. A sad fate. It also explained why she was so far away from their lands. A political upheaval likely involving her being a burden on whatever relative took her in. Not dissimilar to his own situation when his father was alive. How she had come to know his brother and allowed to settle in the silverlands was a mystery. An arrangement must have been had and now she was in Cedric's service. Which explained why she came to greet Kaelen.

Kaelen spent an indeterminable amount of time thinking over it but eventually had to get up. Washing his face and hands, dressing himself, and going over his papers once more filled up his time. The growl of his stomach however signaled a need for food following the long night. He turned to Michiko and said, "I think it is time for a morning meal. You are free to join me. You are also free to return to the castle. I do not know what business of my brother's you have with me but it will be some time before I return home. These papers have the names of families I need to visit first. A personal matter so not need to feel obliged or a sense of duty in joining me. It won't be a pleasant experience, unlike last night."

• Yay
His arms were welcoming. Body warm, and Michiko only recognized how cold she felt to the bone as the night progressed to a balmy morning.

Kaelen Silverblood was a man she could grow to love. The frost in her limbs faded for a pleasant spring of the spirit, her hidden spirit unfurled. To say she enjoyed herself was minimalist.

He shattered the boundary she placed on her heart, by pouring out his discomforts and his pains in their dalliance. When they slept, Michiko slept peacefully.

No dreams of a forest on fire, or fears of her people losing their new home. She drifted through the hours, waking enough to feel Kaelen shift. Nuzzling into his shoulder, Michiko burbled nonsensically. Hair drifting along the pillow.

A lazy kiss was placed on his shoulder, while she drifted back off until he spoke.

“Mmh. You did your best to make me ravenous come morning... yes, Kaelen. I will dine with you.” Michiko moaned, stretching her arms above her head. Going about her morning ablutions, Michiko dressed and was lacing her boots when Kaelen spoke of parting ways.

“You... did not listen to a word I said yesterday.” Michiko sighed and began raking her raven hair between her fingers, to braid it. “No, you were too occupied. Kaelen... my mission... I do not work for Cedric, but I have been working for your lot. Cedric gave me lands up north, at that abandoned fort. Which my House and I have spent months rebuilding and crafting villages for your soldiers and their families. All to prepare for your return. A return I did promise her Ladyship and Lord Cedric that I would ensure.”

Standing and sliding her third knife back in its sheath on her leather cuirass, Michiko smiled sympathetically.

“I know of the task. Have conducted it myself on occasion, and do not wish to disturb, but perhaps company in transit would do some small benefit... Kaelen... last night, I did tell you I would be in your life for years to come. Do not make strange of it, but I intend to follow through. Come. Come! Shall we at least share a meal before you ride another beast?”

The silver haired man listened to the words of his unexpected yet very welcomed companion. What Michiko had to say did not find distracted nor exhausted ears this morning as they had the evening before. He was able to process it properly and fully. So that was his brother's game. Cedric wanted the help of the archers and wood craft of her kin. And he was putting them next to Kaelen's fort so he could keep an eye on them as well as hit them with force if need be. Sound logic but deceitful and potentially ruthless.

After a bit Kaelen smirked a bit. "I would call you a beauty not a beast my Lady." He got his papers gathered up and put it up. He turned to face her after. "You are welcome to join me if you wish. I just hope nights like this last one, these will be more, don't make things awkward when we work together in the future."

Kaelen was sure to allow Michiko Nishanti to exit the room first by holding the door open for her. Every action that followed after from him reflected his noble upbringing as well in how the son of a lord should treat a lady. More than just tradition and social etiquette, he was showing a level of respect for her as a person. His flirting however would not have stopped. It was who he was and he hadn't exactly had time to forget how enjoyable the night before was.

After a meal of warm bread, dried fruits, and beans, the pair would get their horses and be off towards the first home of the fallen. Kaelen's anxiety grew. The relaxation of the night had pushed it away for a time but it was back now. Each soldier he had known on some personal level. It may be as minor as knowing what their favorite food was or as major as a core life experience. Either way it would not matter to their families. The only thing they would care about was that their loved one was not returning and he was going to be the face for the reason why.

• Yay
Kaelen Silverblood had partial truth dawn on him, yet Michiko smiled softly, her eyes keen and awake. He would understand fully in due time.

And then they would see, whether the marriage was to be fulfilled or falter. Dare she tell him more? Or leave it for Cedric? Either way, her ears perked as he called her a beauty, a pink tinge to the elongated tips.

“Charmer, Kaelen. Never stop charming me. Beauty. Hah!” A dazzling grin and Michiko put her hand on his shoulder, leaning up to place a kiss on his lips. “But of course, Kaelen. I’m not finished with you, far from. I remain certain we shall find ways to work together... for our people’s sake.”

During their meal, and as they meandered toward the horses, Kaelen was nothing but the respectful nobleman, despite his encourageable cheek. Michiko found herself relaxing. Pouring tea for him, offering him food in the way of a Lady’s manner. She bowed her head and laughed at his jokes, once or twice feeling the skin of her hand glance along his. A Noble Lady in all but their previous night’s pursuits, she ate well and felt the flush of Kaelen’s eyes light her skin in a blush. Or perhaps it was his flirtatious manner, which she returned with rapostes of her own.

Yet his inner gravity returned, and as she might ease it, Michiko attempted to ride beside him, speaking of the villages built. The smithy and marketplace, with room to expand. She spoke of the streams her priestess and she redirected, to ensure all had clean water, and the shrine in the wood, which already began to grow the trees a bit more vast and tall than natural. Speaking of the fort, Michiko attempted in a poetic fashion to explain the renovations. Blues and silvers and timber stained to keep the beauty of the wood. Fortifications strengthened, and suites for himself. Fine stables.

Her people in the villages, having taken some small space for themselves, and others who travelled through Silverhearth discussing agriculture with the farming folk, fishing with the Fisher folk, and on. When they neared the house of another fallen, Michiko grew quiet out of respect, yet was patient in waiting Kaelen’s return, that she might help lift his spirits, or in harder moments ride close enough beside him to hold his hand.

Spirit open, she allowed him if he so chose, to make use of her inner strengths, yet did not force any empathic manipulations.

“We should break for a meal soon, Kaelen. The hours have been long and I fear the sun will retreat before we will.”

• Yay
The list was too long and each meeting too intense. It had not taken long for it to drain all of Kaelen's good cheer away. The casual conversations were welcoming but did not do as much to help bring it back as would be hoped. Where for others Michiko Nishanti might find emotions to flow like a stream from him it was a river. Kaelen's river was not calm right now.

After hours of being struck, insulted, and loathed by the grief stricken Kaelen was more than happy to agree to Michiko's suggestion of stopping for the evening. Tomorrow should see the list finished up. He hoped tomorrow would see it finished up.

The place they ended up for the evening was a higher end tavern. It was not something most nobles would go to but was more geared towards wealthier citizens and comfortable knights. The meal served to them was warming, filling, and had some spices from the main land in it. A testament to the work the names on the list had done on the mainland. More casual conversation followed and it seemed to finally begin to lighten his mood back up.

After the meal was done and Kaelen was on his third pint of ale he said, "That meal had a spice in it. It is called allspice. Comes from the mainland. Only three ports in all of the Storm Isles can import it without suffering a tax that would double or triple its prices though. The capitol of Stormhold, River's End the home of House Riveron, and Silverhearth City. The mercenary army opened up trade by saving a city that exports it. This part of the army was made up mostly of my own men and those of the Riveron. The middle brother of the current house head, Lady Ethelia. We flanked the enemy and routed them. Our Houses' were granted the special privilege of getting to import the spice, along with others, without suffering the same level of heavy taxation. Some of the names from today were added that day."

• Yay
Cedric Silverblood’s warnings about his brother’s familial curse began to clear in Michiko’s mind. The trickle of others around them was as inoffensive as a light spring rain, which barely brushed upon the ground. Kaelen was an ever shifting tempest, a winter’s sleet upon breaking ground. His emotional texture could be overwhelming, if Michiko lacked her own boundaries and guards.

This man was born for pain… but he was not born to take it. Michiko’s horse kept an easy pace beside Kaelen’s as they travelled from a particularly violent grief-stricken encounter. Leaning over, Michiko dabbed at a thin cut on his cheek with a handkerchief. She kept silent, refusing to take any more energy from him in idle conversation.

Instead, Michiko opened her spirit, and let a layer of calm soak up the torrents of Kaelen’s negative emotions, giving them a place to be inspected and dissipated. Only the calm would remain… yet without stopping and handling him in a more overt and personal way, her powers would not staunch all of his emotional baggage.

She took his hand, giving it a squeeze as they rode two astride.

The tavern was welcome, as was walking on her own legs, not on the back of a horse. She stretched her back, keeping the chatter light and easing in to sit at the table beside him. When Kaelen’s stein was emptied, Michiko filled it. She ensured there was appropriate food, and the horses were cared for, before eating her own meal.

“I shall have to purchase some, I can think of a few of my House, who would enjoy it.” The spice was beautiful and exotic, a new taste in her experience. By the time Kaelen spoke of its’ origins, Michiko sipped her second ale, and set her temple on his shoulder. His story filled her with the rain of the bitter and sweet. Of glorious battles, and terrible loss.

“What was the city like? The people?” Sighing and taking another sip of her ale, Michiko found herself spreading her fingers along the top of his hand. “It is a fantastic spice, Kaelen… I have a certain set of skills in empathic magics… I do not mean to pry, but your emotions are… strong. If you would permit me, I could help. Untangle some of the stresses of the day… or we could drink more ale and have a friendly, entertaining evening.”

A bright smile bathed her face, plump lips around straight, white teeth. Drinking down the rest of her second ale, Michiko went to pour Kaelen some more, before filling her mug, as was the custom for a Lady entertaining.

• Yay
A faint and half faded memory would drift around Kaelen's mind often. Moments of battles or travel were a comrade was lost. Strange how something as simple as the taste of a spice could drag all of them back up to float like sediment in water. He probably would have been worse off if not for Michiko Nishanti constantly keeping contact with him.

The words that left the Lady's lips made more connections and sense of their current circumstances for Kaelen. Cedric had to have known about her gift. It was a reason why he had them so close to each other. Did his brother think he would lose it or maybe even turn on his family and house? Hard to say. It had been a long time since they had a proper conversation and the last time they met was dedicated to the death of their father and Cedric taking the house seat. Not much room for the personal in all that political chaos. Was that why Cedric sent her here to him now? Was this some means of pacifying his brother even a bit before he arrived?

Kaelen decided to set aside those more negative thoughts for later. Michiko had made an offer and he planned on giving her his full attention. Be a better and far more pleasant use of his time right now. His choices were to let her use some kind of magic on him or to just drink and chat. Honestly he saw it more as him either having her openly use her magic or just pretend as if she wasn't despite both knowing otherwise. Looking at it in that light he knew what he would pick.

With a friendly, although small, smile Kaelen said, "Allow me to rent us a room and you can work your magic there. Does that plan work for my Lady?"

• Yay
The emotions shifted, turning to the negative as Michiko thought on. Kaelen seemed more dangerous, sceptical or confused. Michiko raised her head off his shoulder, and sunk into her beer. Was she failing?

Would he not want her the moment they arrived at the Castle? Did she even want to be cared for by this man? The more time she spent with the unique majesty which was Kaelen Silverblood, the more she desired to delve into his plight. Cedric was right. She could help him, and she would… if he let her.

“Thank you, Kaelen… I hope you do not feel ill of me, for seeming to cling.”

She removed her boots, having asked for the innkeeper to deliver two large bowls and two urns of steaming hot water. Digging into her pack, Michiko brought out fine smelling dried herbs and scented the water, pouring a bowl full for Kaelen Silverblood.

“The road was hot and long. Here… it’s lemon balm and mint. Calming and cleansing herbs.” Taking a washcloth from the stack of thin towels, she set them for Kaelen and waited for him to undress enough to use the ablutions.

“… Kaelen…” Michiko knelt on the bed, dressed in her under tunic and linen shorts, other clothing set upon the chair beside the bed. “… I… my House was banished. Cedric took me in, and he did not have to give us land by the fort we prepared for you, but he did. He spoke well of you. Cedric loves you, Kaelen. I am not his messenger, but… oh, you’ll figure it out.”

She guided him onto the bed in front of her, inspecting his hands.

“… You carry a weight I can feel, like water rushing over the cliffs at the edge of my mind… I can help you bear it, if you let me, but there needs to be trust. It’s odd… I’ve been waiting for you for months, building your villages and preparing places for your soldiers to return and live a decent life, and yet you I’ve never seen… My cousin Lord Nishanti pushed me away… If you let me I can help you bear your burdens. But you must have questions… Kaelen?”

Her every breath asked for permission. Every motion hoping that he wouldn't pull her away. "... let me help you. You have to let me in."

• Yay
As Kaelen had done the night before, he rented the best room the place offered for privacy. The pair then made their way up after Michiko Nishanti made some arrangements of her own with the innkeeper. Once in the room Kaelen stripped himself down to only being in his underpants. Laying down on the bed he listened to his new found companion speak as she started to massage him as promised. As she spoke he remained silent and did nothing to stop her in any way.

After she finished speaking her last line, Kaelen could help smirking a bit. "I thought I was the one suppose to be getting in you."

A sigh came out of his lips as Kaelen began to feel the calming effects. It was helping. A slow start of help but still helping. The longer this went on, the more she did, the better it would help calm his emotions down to a more normal persons' level.

"I think I understand now how Cedric found you and why he is involving us together. He is using the both of us. Not in a malicious way. Just... just in that way nobles do out of habit." Kaelen shifted his body a bit into a more comfortable position. His mind felt hazy again. The build up of negative emotions through the day had worn on him more than he realized.

"As far as questions go.... Tell me about yourself Michiko. Tell me anything and everything you wish. If we are going to be this involved with each other for the indefinite future then I should know the kind of woman I am going to share a bed with tonight." Kaelen smirked a bit. He knew it would get some kind of response out of her and he wasn't exactly lying. The room he had rented only had a single bed in it designed for two people to sleep in together. He knew he was taking advantage of the situation, but he honestly felt they both could use some taking advantage of each other tonight.

• Yay
“Is that the joust we imagine tonight?” Her laughter abounded, sweet and calm at Kaelen’s joke.

Cedric didn’t find me. My cousin Lord Zal Nishanti sent me on a mission of return for the cargo of the doomed Silverblood ship Hyacinth. My troop and I came across House Pirmetton laying waste to the Hyacinth and fought them off. We rescued the cargo, but the crew was dead. Zal sent me to make an accounting, and return the goods. He... sent me with a sealed letter, its’ contents unknown. When Cedric read it... my cousin refused to take me back. All my People but for the spouses and children were on my ship. Goods I thought were presents to pacify the Hyacinth’s loss were to be presented. Given as my only inheritance.” Shrugging her shoulder, Michiko took a washcloth to her own bowl, while she spoke, stripped down to her silk shorts and a bandeau around her chest. She pulled her hair back, pressing the hot washcloth along her neck, shoulders and cheeks. The dust of the road dissipated, and moreso the water settled her. Prepared her for the task to come of healing Kaelen Silverblood’s mental wounds. “Abandoned, no goodbye to my beloved Wood. Cedric took the lot of us in. Gave us work building the villages for your soldiers and their families. My first day at Silverhearth, and her Ladyship threw a banquet. I met many of the Silverhearth folk that day. It was... overwhelming. But! This night is for you, Kaelen. Not my past.”

Kneeling beside him on the bed, Michiko massaged Kaelen’s skin along the meridian lines of his energetic body. She opened herself to his emotions, those torrents of overexcess, and processed them down toward his feet. Out and down. Grounded by her empathic abilities. The more she worked, the faster the torrents flowed. A lifetime of emotions lingered in his soul, more than a single session could encounter and process.

Yet, as the candles burned lower, the oil lamp continued its charming warm glow, Michiko finished her magical work. At the last, she washed and dried his feet, both symbol and practicality of the road. Taking a deep sighing breath, Michiko laid on the bed facing him, fatigue radiating off her. Eyes tired and skin pale. Muscles shivering lightly from the evening’s slight chill. She raised her eyebrow at his use of ‘indefinite future’, shaking her head with a sigh.

“I was raised in the Kaho Wood, our People grew trees into living buildings, the same groves for centuries. Mother raised me as a priestess and healer, but father taught me the way of the bow, when I was too rambunctious... he wasn’t a warm man... anger and depression and battle... I was twenty three, when our wood burned to the ground. A raid by Mystmarchers, we were told... father knew different. He died with the culprit’s name on his lips. My fingers blistered, there were so many arrows flying from my bow. Aiya, my old nursemaid, she... pulled me away. Ran to the river, while the rest burned. Zal came by morning, collected us up. I hated his palace. Shutters and paper walls and secrets. Guess I did a poor job of being a Lady. Always ran off to fight. Train with my archers. There’s a freedom to the wild places I crave. I couldn’t coop myself up in a palace or castle for long. Most especially with no companions beyond his... proper caste-selected compatriots. Fancy sheep.
Suppose that is why I spent my time searching the Nishanti lands, quelling troubles and fending off brigands.
I wish I could return to the Kaho Wood... I play the shamisen! Pretty on the lyre for drinking songs or dances around the fire. Can cook and serve tea, play the hostess, but life is best and easiest, when I’m scouting the safety of others. Courtly life was never... it wasn’t my desire.” Michiko seemed to grow distant, her eyes losing their focus as she sighed heavily and slid under the first thin blanket.

“You would have loved my Woods... trees high as the sun... mhh. But you wanted to hear of the Lady’s less intimate interests. Do I sew or brew wines, tend a garden.”

• Yay