LFG Showing the ropes

Griffyn

Scion Adrift
Character Biography
Link
Hi team,

I think I've got the gist of all this, so am excited to jump in. Would be great to test my mettle with someone with some experience under their belt, so I'm putting out a call for someone (or a number of someones) who want to show off an area or character you've been working on. I'm planning on Griffyn being a fish-out-of-water until he finds his place in the outside world, so feel free to suggest something that would benefit from probing and some wide-eyed optimism! Or the opposite, if you fancy showing a naive noble that the world is harsher than he assumed!

Very open to ideas and suggestions, so let me know!

If your looking to be a fish out of water there would be no place better for the plucky young noble to find himself in Dornoch. His nobility may give him some leeway (if he can prove his nobility), though the militaristic matriarchal base leaves plenty of ways for him to mistakenly offend or blunder into something.

(Though i'm curious about what kingdom your character is from, as I want to better diplomatic relations)

Good question, and everyone is gonna have to forgive the following silly question: is Allir a kingdom? I picked it 'cos it sounded like it'd be a good place for young nobles to not learn about the outside, but happy to be proven wrong!

But yeah, would be thrilled to plan a sightseeing trip to Dornoch!

No Allir is Plutocracy overseen by merchant houses. You would not be a noble (maybe, maybe not depending on the house's ties), but the son of a wealthy merchant. Though since they import their food, I can see them having a good relation with Dornoch as agriculture is one of it's main exports.

Right-o, that still works. A merchant's son, perhaps the son of a merchant on this Council of leaders? I'll make the changes.

Either way, if his family has mercantile ties to Dornoch it would make sense as his first destination! Is this worth planning over PM?

Dornoch is a great city to start (even if I do say so myself having made it ;) ) but there are some super talented writers who move in the circle if you want to go on and further your character development:

- Lyssia D'avore - is a disgraced Bursar looking to regain her family honour
- Ichika - is a trader too
- Khari - is a demonic assassin for the Dynast

Those are the ones I've seen operating most in the area along with the lovely Narumi so between them you should have something meaty to get you going.

• Cheer
Reactions: Griffyn
Did someone summon me?

Oh, hai! Yus, when you need a partner for the great fleshening out of the character, then let me know and i shall come sauntering, nay, galloping to the call~

• Wonder
Reactions: Griffyn
Nupe, is why I said when they ready. You were here first, of course.

Aey is a patient vulture, and can circle in the sky for literal days....